Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

On 10/24/2017 at 8:05 AM, WhineandCheez said:

HEE!!!  Very true.  This same restraint prevents me from daily calling Sarah Sanders "a cow."  (oops I called Sara Sanders a cow)

Why is she all of a sudden this week Sarah Sanders virtually across the board?   Did Mike Huckabee instruct her to stop using the family name?

• Love 3

If you want coverage of actual news on MSNBC, Morning Joe is not what you should be watching.  Chris Hayes & Ari Melber will cover current events in more depth, and Rachel will keep you up to date on Mueller investigation, as well as the total BS of the Trump Admin & Campaign lying about Russia. 

If Halperin was doing this stuff a decade ago and getting away with it, I guarantee you he never stopped.  Men like this don't say, "well I guess I'll find a new hobby".  

Mika hasn't said much about Donald Trump harassing and assaulting women much either lately, has she? 

I don't care what meds Bush 41 is on, if his wife and his security detail know about this bullshit, then they need to keep women away from him.   If he's aware enough that he's telling a joke where the punch line is "David Cop A Feel", then he sure as fuck knows what he's doing. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, sleekandchic said:

His spokesman has released two statements on the Heather Lind situation.  A second actress has come forward too.  Mr Bush evidently has a joke he likes to tell as a prelude to his grabs.  And it looks like Mrs Barbara Bush has been aware for some time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/10/25/george-h-w-bush-apologizes-for-attempt-at-humor-after-actress-accused-him-of-groping/?utm_term=.a3a3c9e53749

@oakville, exposed zippers are a big fashion detail right now.  I just bought a dress very similar to the one  Elise is wearing. :)

@MyAimIsTrue, you're right, but since my Yankees were knocked out, my heart isn't in the WS!  Selfish, I admit!  The Astros and Dodgers are mind-blowing.  

I thought Elise's dress was on backwards.

1 hour ago, millennium said:

A few days ago Trump signed an executive order authorizing the recall of at least 1000 retired military pilots.  Gee, I wonder why he's doing this.  He couldn't be preparing for war, could he?   Totally ignored.

WHAT?!?!  I had no idea.  Which totally proves your point about real news being ignored because of all the other bs.  Now I'm getting really scared, as opposed to my usual 'scared'.   

Halperin has been suspended by MSNBC.

Real news is slipping through the cracks.

Yesterday a judge threw out a class action lawsuit brought by 18 states to force Trump to pay the ACA/Obamacare subsidies, dashing the hopes of many Obamacare customers.   Totally ignored.

A few days ago Trump signed an executive order authorizing the recall of at least 1000 retired military pilots.  Gee, I wonder why he's doing this.  He couldn't be preparing for war, could he?   Totally ignored.

Yesterday the Senate voted to kill a law that makes it easier for people to sue banks that screw them over.  Totally ignored.

Also yesterday Trump rescinded many of the previous FAA restrictions against drones, paving the way for Amazon, Walmart and other retailers to send drones into the airspace over our neighborhoods, yards and heads.   The relaxing of restrictions will enable drones to be flown beyond the view of operators, above people and traffic, and at night (all of which were previously forbidden).   Prepare to see -- and hear -- commercial drones everywhere, buzzing you, following you, filming you, whatever corporate America wants.  Totally ignored by show.

Wow! Joe didn't even bother to mention any of that. 

Its very frustrating that they are so concerned  with every dumb statement by Trump that they forget to cover any news

• Love 6

Why is she all of a sudden this week Sarah Sanders virtually across the board?   Did Mike Huckabee instruct her to stop using the family name?

I always leave out the HUCKABEE because that's how she got her job, using the family surname and I don't want to give her one more shred of credit, the lying, dead eyed, dead voiced cow (oops I did it again...)

Also yesterday Trump rescinded many of the previous FAA restrictions against drones

This AM on MJ they did say that the one thing (and only one thing) Trump is being successful at is the systemic tearing apart of the entire past 8+ years of the government regulatory system.

• Love 5

Yikes.  Goes to show how insufferable she really is when even Mike Huckabee might want to disassociate from her.  lol.   

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I always leave out the HUCKABEE because that's how she got her job, using the family surname and I don't want to give her one more shred of credit, the lying, dead eyed, dead voiced cow (oops I did it again...)

I can't think of any way that using the name Huckabee would be a credit to anyone. Her father is as big a horse's ass as she is. They both think their disgusting behavior is seen as some kind of "aw shucks we're just funny Southerners". 

Mike got famous due in part to Don Imus having him on all the time, back when he lost a ton of weight. 

• Love 3

Well it's sad that this unfortunate set of events  has a bright side,  that we don't have to put up with Halperin any more. He should have been fired permanently for calling President Obama a dick. 

I wonder if we can apply the "Hillary Clinton rule" to Mika and Joe.  They were around Halperin all this time, they HAD to know. Why didn't they say something about it???!!

I mean HRC saw Weinstein occasionally at social events or fund raisers, and according to Mika she should have spoken up and returned all the money before the news even hit the media. 

So Joe and Mika, what say you?  Why do you protect Halperin and Trump?

(Apply sarcasm font) 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

If Halperin was doing this stuff a decade ago and getting away with it, I guarantee you he never stopped.  Men like this don't say, "well I guess I'll find a new hobby". 

Amen to that.  It needs to be on an airplane banner for the entire New York media universe to see.  It's a real shame, though, that it's being a groper that got Halperin taken off of my TV screen and not him being a smug, Hillary-hating douche. 

• Love 12

Yesterday the Senate voted to kill a law that makes it easier for people to sue banks that screw them over.  Totally ignored.

They don't report news like this because it flies right in the face of the narrative they push, that the Republican Party is at war with itself, that there are still some noble, decent people like Flake, Collins, McCain, Murkowski who are the conscience of the party. It's a load of bunk. Their beloved Susan Collins, their hero McCain, their new boyfriend Flake all got in line. They don't oppose Trump's policies. They just oppose his presentation. 

It's a real shame, though, that it's being a groper that got Halperin taken off of my TV screen and not him being a smug, Hillary-hating douche. 

Hating Hillary Clinton is not a reason why someone shouldn't be on television.

• Love 2

How about hating Donald Trump? Should someone be banned from television for hating him?

And btw, Halperin never went on this show saying "I hate Hillary Clinton, she's a stupid bitch," he just pointed out things she was doing wrong - and given her humiliating and avoidable loss, he was right.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Well it's sad that this unfortunate set of events  has a bright side,  that we don't have to put up with Halperin any more. He should have been fired permanently for calling President Obama a dick. 

I wonder if we can apply the "Hillary Clinton rule" to Mika and Joe.  They were around Halperin all this time, they HAD to know. Why didn't they say something about it???!!

I mean HRC saw Weinstein occasionally at social events or fund raisers, and according to Mika she should have spoken up and returned all the money before the news even hit the media. 

(Apply sarcasm font) 

I will have to watch the rest of the show when I get home. Did Mika & Joe make any additional comments on Halperin ?

Its unlikely that he will appear as a guest speaker at The Know Your Value summit

• Love 3

Another woman has come forward about Halperin, so we're up to six now. I could never stand that slimy bastard, but I never suspected this.

And yeah, Mika was so bound and determined to find a way to blame Hillary for Weinstein, she ought to answer some questions about what she knew about Halperin since he sat his ass on the same panel as her for years. Although, come to think of it, I don't recall him ever sitting right beside her. He was always placed on the other side of Joe and Willie. Hmm, maybe they heard some rumors. Is there anything you want to tell us, Mr. and Ms Holier-Than-Thou?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Its unlikely that he will appear as a guest speaker at The Know Your Value summit

You got that right, Oakville, even though he is Mika's dear friend, who wants to touch Halperin with a ten foot pole?

It gives me comfort to know that so many sexual harassing creeps are out there trembling in their boots, waiting for women to come forward and expose them for the pigs that they are.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

You got that right, Oakville, even though he is Mika's dear friend, who wants to touch Halperin with a ten foot pole?

It gives me comfort to know that so many sexual harassing creeps are out there trembling in their boots, waiting for women to come forward and expose them for the pigs that they are.

One of Halperin's victims has come forward. Emily Miller was a guest on Morning Joe, & Halperin was very mean to her. The clip is on Mediaite. 

She was harassed when she was at ABC.

1 minute ago, xaxat said:

I think it's interesting that Mika didn't immediately disassociate herself from him give her entire brand now revolves around the empowerment of women.

Agreed. Calling him a friend & downplaying the victims as anonymous from over a decade ago will backfire on Mika.

Joe or John Heilemann haven't tweeted anything about Halperin. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

One of Halperin's victims has come forward. Emily Miller was a guest on Morning Joe, & Halperin was very mean to her. The clip is on Mediaite. 

Wow.   So is this "I'm still pissed you didn't fuck me" behavior?   You know what would have been SUPER awesome, when he said "if this is how I want to defend my wife and kids", and she replied "Oh you have a wife? Does she know you harassed me? Does she know how you treat other women? Does she know you rub your erection on women? And you think this is just trying to have a relationship, which you shouldn't be trying to have since you're married?" 

How in God's name does Heileman associate with this asshole? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 10

I cannot believe how this situation has come to take shape.  Mika was sanctimonious towards Hillary who - again - wasn't self-flagellating enough re: Weinstein for Mika's taste.  And lo and behold, Mika is VERY close to a serial sexual aggressor in the workplace.  And Mika runs a "Know Your Value" women's empowerment business.  

HIGH LARIOUS!

• Love 11

I cannot believe how this situation has come to take shape.  Mika was sanctimonious towards Hillary who - again - wasn't self-flagellating enough re: Weinstein for Mika's taste.  And lo and behold, Mika is VERY close to a serial sexual aggressor in the workplace.  And Mika runs a "Know Your Value" women's empowerment business.  

HIGH LARIOUS!

I believe the word you're looking for is "irony". We would also accept Karma, What goes Around Comes Around, Pot Calling the Kettle Black, and of course Get off your high horse you sanctimonious twit. 

• Love 15

It will be interesting how they ultimately address this. It will be outrageous if they adopt the same dishonest, shady explanation Hillary Clinton gave, especially after they correctly called her on her bullshit a few weeks ago.

3 hours ago, Kenz said:

Isn't that what Halperin got in trouble for?  (although it was ten feet only in his dreams)

• Love 4
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

(Apply sarcasm font) 

WORD.

And, the thing I'm still trying to wrap my mind around is that Mika is marrying Joe.  Joe, being the co-host who stuck his finger in her face, has berated her on national television numerous times and who publicly disrespects her in other ways.  What is it about Joe that says "marriage material" to any woman?

I won't even touch on the fact that they shilled for the ultimate P-grabber, who is squatting in the White House.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Lokiberry said:

And yeah, Mika was so bound and determined to find a way to blame Hillary for Weinstein, she ought to answer some questions about what she knew about Halperin since he sat his ass on the same panel as her for years. Although, come to think of it, I don't recall him ever sitting right beside her. He was always placed on the other side of Joe and Willie. Hmm, maybe they heard some rumors. Is there anything you want to tell us, Mr. and Ms Holier-Than-Thou?

In light of Scarborough and Mika's recent reaction to the Weinstein scandal, specifically the way they postured upon their high horses demanding that the likes of Hillary Clinton, Lorne Michaels and other celebrity Democrats step up and CONDEMN and DENOUNCE Harvey Weinstein, isn't it now incumbent upon them to publicly CONDEMN and DENOUNCE their "friend" Mark Halperin?  If they don't, are they not guilty of the same hypocrisy they so gamely criticized others for?

I am not a fan of this trend of condemning and denouncing friends or associates because they fucked up in a public way.   I think it's perfectly fine to refer to it as a scandal or a tragedy or an unfortunate situation, but there is just no need for everyone to pile on and attempt to bolster their own careers or try to make themselves seem upstanding and politically correct by kicking friends and colleagues when they are down -- even if it's their own fault (see Anderson Cooper/Kathy Griffin).  

But, because Scarborough and Mika made such a big show of calling out everyone who didn't immediately condemn and denounce Harvey Weinstein, they are now hoist on their own petard.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 11

I have a feeling that "Know Your Value" will be repeated almost as often as KC/DC.   Know your value, know your value..Tourettes.  I still say the two Gold Dust Twins use this show mostly to push their second careers.  I think they almost think they are above a daily morning show.  They are the Kool Kids.  

Halperin?  So glad not to see his turned-down smug smile again.  Now if only we could be rid of some of the other smuggers...Barnicle.  The hours are brutal (but not as bad as police, firefighters, service personnel, transportation people, etc) but the pay is great...you get to sit and bloviate at will for three hours.  Unless you have something else more pressing...a wedding to go to..book to promote..music to promote..any outside interest that is your new shiny object.  Phone it in..Facetime it in...you are so important that you can practically make your own hours and show up whenever it suits you.  These people are such Washington insiders trying to be "people of the people" that you could laugh if it wasn't so infuriating.  I wonder if they will show the outrage about Halperin that they did for Weinstein.  And who they will blame.  I don't think Hillary was personally involved with Halperin.

I contrast this with CNN's morning show.  You can almost always count on Allison Camerota and Chris Cuomo being there.  Every morning, together. Sometimes they will go on assignment (like the hurricane with Chris Cuomo flaunting his pretty) but most days, they are together on set.  The stories flow...hardly anyone is brought in via satellite or whatever.  Unless it is a person being interviewed.  But NOT the host. 

Sorry.  I am trying not to enjoy the Halperin story too much.  But it is hard.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I contrast this with CNN's morning show.  You can almost always count on Allison Camerota and Chris Cuomo being there.  Every morning, together. Sometimes they will go on assignment (like the hurricane with Chris Cuomo flaunting his pretty) but most days, they are together on set.  The stories flow...hardly anyone is brought in via satellite or whatever.  Unless it is a person being interviewed.  But NOT the host. 

I switched over from CNN to Morning Joe because I could no longer stomach Alison Camerota's "Trump voter panels" every week.   It infuriated me that they would only talk to Trump voters, never a panel of anti-Trump voters.  Probably because the anti-Trump panel wouldn't be as mind-bogglingly unbelievable as the pro-Trump panels.   But everything you said about the differences between the two shows is spot on.

9 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sorry.  I am trying not to enjoy the Halperin story too much.  But it is hard.

That's what Halperin said.  (rimshot!)

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, millennium said:

In light of Scarborough and Mika's recent reaction to the Weinstein scandal, specifically the way they postured upon their high horses demanding that the likes of Hillary Clinton, Lorne Michaels and other celebrity Democrats step up and CONDEMN and DENOUNCE Harvey Weinstein, isn't it now incumbent upon them to publicly CONDEMN and DENOUNCE their "friend" Mark Halperin?  If they don't, are they not guilty of the same hypocrisy they so eagerly criticized others for?

I am not a fan of this trend of condemning and denouncing friends or associates because they fucked up in a public way.   I think it's perfectly fine to refer to it as a scandal or a tragedy or an unfortunate situation, but there is just no need for everyone to pile on and attempt to bolster their own careers or try to make themselves seem upstanding and politically correct by kicking friends and colleagues people when they are down -- even if it's their own fault (see Anderson Cooper/Kathy Griffin).  

But, because Scarborough and Mika made such a big show of calling out everyone who didn't immediately condemn and denounce Harvey Weinstein, they are now hoist on their own petard.

I wonder if they have to attack Halperin tomorrow ?. They didnt have much time to blame him today. 

They waited a day to go after Weinstein.

It would get interesting if Halperin retaliated with gossip on Joe & Mika

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, oakville said:

I wonder if they have to attack Halperin tomorrow ?. They didnt have much time to blame him today. 

They waited a day to go after Weinstein.

It would get interesting if Halperin retaliated with gossip on Joe & Mika

I can't envision them condemning him in the fashion they demanded for Harvey Weinstein.   They seem more "do as I say, not as I do" types.  

And am I misremembering, or have they also failed to cover the George H.W. Bush groping scandal?   I don't recall hearing anything about that this morning.

• Love 3

So the video with Emily Miller on Mediaite that Oakville referred to is very interesting (and kind of sickening) viewing.

Emily Miller is not one of my favorite people. She's a hyperpartisan GOP hack who gained nortoreity when she literally pulled the plug on a MTP interview with Colin Powell (she was a press officer for him at the time) back in the early 2000s. I also think she was involved in the Jack Abramoff mess in some way.

But that said, the superciliousness of Halperin toward her was palpable. I give her credit not only for showing up in the first place, but for not backing down when he talked over her and interrupted her. And you can see him growing angrier and angrier as she gives it back to him.

Oh and he has a gray beard and black hair. Yuck.

• Love 3

And now Penguin Publishing has cancelled Game Change 3.  Earlier today I felt bad for Heilemann for getting caught in the crossfire but after reading the reports that are rolling out about what a complete scuzzbag Halperin is and how everybody knew, that is no longer the case.  It's a shame as I always enjoyed when Heilemann was on the panel.  It did strike me as being odd that you rarely saw the two of them together on air when in years past it seemed like they were on together rather often.

Edited by Chloesmom
Removed speculative wording.
  • Love 5

I suspect that Joe will be very mad about compared to President Trump. Check out the photos of Joe's home in New Canaan which was on the market. There is a glamor shot of Mika & Joe in the fields that is seen on the show in one of the photos.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/25/1709761/-Joe-Scarborough-And-Donald-Trump-Are-Cut-From-The-Same-Cloth

1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

And now Penguin Publishing has cancelled Game Change 3.  Earlier today I felt bad for Heilemann for getting caught in the crossfire but after reading the reports that are rolling out about what a complete scuzzbag Halperin is and how everybody knew, that is no longer the case.  It's a shame as I always enjoyed when Heilemann was on the panel.  It did strike me as being odd that you rarely saw the two of them together on air when in years past it seemed like they were on together rather often.

I am upset about this. Why can't they proceed with Heilemann? There were reports that Heilemann wrote most of Game Change 1 & 2. I enjoyed reading those books. I thought it would be interesting to read the behind the scenes gossip.

How did Hillary Lose again would have probably been the theme.

• Love 4

Mika must be outraged that a second woman has come forward to complain about Halperin sexually assaulting her.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/former-abc-researcher-accuses-mark-halperin-of-forcing-her-to-sit-on-his-lap-with-an-erection/

Poor Mika. She will now have to defend Halperin against CNN's Mary Katherin Ham who backed up Miller's story.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/two-more-women-accuse-mark-halperin-of-sexual-misconduct

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, oakville said:

I suspect that Joe will be very mad about compared to President Trump. Check out the photos of Joe's home in New Canaan which was on the market. There is a glamor shot of Mika & Joe in the fields that is seen on the show in one of the photos.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/25/1709761/-Joe-Scarborough-And-Donald-Trump-Are-Cut-From-The-Same-Cloth

So, Joe’s property is 3 acres, not 40. 

Edited by cased
Typo
  • Love 2

They took an unequivocal stand re Halperin. I had been thinking that Mika was very pleased with some new eyelashes but then full-camera during the decision she looked like she has been weeping.

Friday Recap. Mika is wearing a white top. Joe is sitting next to her.

The first topic was the JFK files. Mika mocked Trump for saying Ted Cruz's dad was involved in the conspiracy.

Joe says that Oswald acted alone. Heidi wanted to know why JFK fell forward not backward.

Joe is mad that the Yankees fired Girardi. He would be good for the Nationals. Eugene agrees.

The Elephant in the room has not been addressed as of 6 13 am

They are making fun of Tillerson want to crouch in a big ball.

The panel is acting like it's a holiday week.

Donnie says that Trump likes conspiracies.

The panel is mad that Ted Cruz won't challenge Trump.

6 hours ago, millennium said:

I googled "Joe Scarborough's home in New Canaan" yesterday.  It returned a Zillow listing for a sprawling modern mansion on 3 acres.

That's the one! Look for the photos of Dr Z playing chess with President Carter.

There is also a room with Joe's band equipment.

One day this home will be known as the Graceland of Joe's music career explodes.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 5

Joe is now bragging that he led the charge against Trump in Dec 2015 over the muslim ban...

Joe is mad at Gillespie for talking about preserving Confederate Statues. Joe used to like him when he was a policy wonk for Bush.

• Love 2

Weepy Mika at 6 18. am. They called Mark their friend, but Mika spoke to the women who were harassed & assaulted by Halperin & she now believes them. They fully support NBC's decision to remove Halperin from the show.

Mika said she won't avoid  covering the story.

While I find it nice that Mika made the announcement, I would have liked to see Joe & Donnie Deutsh comment on this story. They made sure to focus the camera on Mika.

The news reports about Donnie's behavior with women over the years is pretty sketchy.

I will never forget the Morning Joe promo with him waking up in bed with Mika.

Donnie bragged that he went to Wharton like Trump.

Heidi does not like tax cuts. It won't help the economy.

Joe wants to close loopholes. Joe is mad about the debt.

The economy is doing well & the elites are happy, so why cut taxes for lower income people.

Joe said his staff might ask for raises. He is worried about inflation.

• Love 4