Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

Emma, on 23 Jul 2015 - 8:07 PM, said:

Oh dear. I'm a sucker for those lunch boxes anyway. So yeah this will be in my life.

I just ordered (another) OUaT themed tank top, so this won't be in mine. Not sure the tank's gonna fit, so I might need to modify it somehow. Hopefully, Mr. Google will be kind enough to provide answers.

I just ordered (another) OUaT themed tank top, so this won't be in mine. Not sure the tank's gonna fit, so I might need to modify it somehow. Hopefully, Mr. Google will be kind enough to provide answers.

I'm nosy. Which one did you order and what others do you have?

It looks like they are in the number 1 spot. (Way to go to those who voted.) The problem is don't they have a bunch of people who in the end chooses who they want to win the award? Say neither Jen or Colin come to accept the award the next best person would be the CW shows right?

My white Hook quote tee arrived the other day. It's lovely, but they do run a little small. I forgot, if you're on the busty side, graphic tees can be a little tricky. I'll be wearing mine with a black blazer. :)

(edited)
Emma, on 23 Jul 2015 - 10:03 PM, said:Emma, on 23 Jul 2015 - 10:03 PM, said:

I'm nosy. Which one did you order and what others do you have?

I ordered the quote tank in an XL. It was kinda tight (they really do run small) and you could totally see my light blue bra under it! I was telling my mom about it (she doesn't even watch TV anymore), and she said she'd take it if I wanted to order the other one (color me surprised). So I went back and ordered the portrait one instead. Unfortunately, the largest size was only a large. That's why I'm thinking it won't fit. Not sure what I can do with it, but I'm willing to try.

I also have the Granny's Diner shirt in dark red, and two shirts I had made up on Zazzle.com. One of them reads Good Form in Old English Bold font (gold on plum). The other reads Bloody Hell in the Laundromat font (black on red). The latter font has a very punk sensibility. Spike used to say it all the time too, so it seemed apropriate. Then there's the Community shirt, the BtVS/AtS shirts, the X-Files shirts...Star Trek:TOS. Behold, I am Queen Dork! LOL!

Edited by Dianthus
  • Love 2

I wore my Hook shirt today -- the quote one. I made an outfit of it with a black skirt and cardigan, and I had someone come up and say they'd watch the show if there was more Hook or if they could get the Hook-only version, but there was too much other stuff in it they didn't like. I'm not sure how many people actually noticed what my shirt was because it kind of looks like an abstract design if you don't look at it carefully.

Yeah, it is pretty thin, and it requires a tank-style bra. Fortunately, I've got one that's flesh-toned.

• Love 1

Continuing the ‘heroes and villains’ theme, Disney Store will introduce the Once Upon a Time Snow White and Evil Queen Doll Collection, available exclusively at D23 EXPO. Limited to an edition of 300, the doll collection, inspired by ABC Studios’ television series Once Upon a Time, brings to life the beauty, magic and charm of the iconic fairytale characters from the show.

Exclusively for guests who purchase the doll set at D23 EXPO, Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White) and Lana Parrilla (The Evil Queen) will be available for an autograph signing at the ABC booth on the D23 EXPO floor from 4 – 4:45 p.m. on Saturday, August 15. This special opportunity will be followed by the Once Upon a Time panel taking place in Stage 23 from 6 – 7 p.m.

qy3VEcKg.jpg?0725

joWgFVfm.jpg?0725

They're doing a fan poll to pick the best moments for each of the major characters, with winners to be revealed in the recap special before the season premiere. I don't know what genius picked these particular moments as "best," but there are a few "oh hell no" choices that must be voted against.

• Love 2

I went with...

Regina: Snow & Charming's Wedding
Emma: Emma Breaks the Curse
Snow White & Prince Charming: Snow Meets Charming
Rumplestiltskin: Rumplestiltskin Loses Baelfire
Captain Hook: Hook Gives Up the Jolly Roger

Did they seriously put Charming and Snow together and not even give Belle a shot? 

They probably couldn't decide which shot of sleeping/unconscious Belle to use. Sorry! :-p 

They're doing a fan poll to pick the best moments for each of the major characters, with winners to be revealed in the recap special before the season premiere. I don't know what genius picked these particular moments as "best," but there are a few "oh hell no" choices that must be voted against.

Emma vowing to help Regina is one of those "oh hell no" choice for me.

I went with Hook telling Emma she's his happy ending (which comes with the lovely Twitter hashtag of #CaptainSwanHappyEnding) and Emma breaking the curse by TLKing Henry.

The rest I didn't care about enough to vote.

• Love 1

Did they seriously put Charming and Snow together and not even give Belle a shot? Or Henry? Yikes.

At least Belle and Henry were in some of those clips. Robin Hood was completely shut out. (Even Zelena and Baelfire got some love.)

• Love 1

Emma vowing to help Regina is one of those "oh hell no" choice for me.

I went with Hook telling Emma she's his happy ending (which comes with the lovely Twitter hashtag of #CaptainSwanHappyEnding) and Emma breaking the curse by TLKing Henry.

What? How drunk were these people when they put these options together and then came up with that hashtag? I just can't even.

So of three Emma options, two of them involve Emma telling Regina how much she deserves a happy ending... Which is basically the only thing Emma ever does that I don't enjoy. I would vote for "Emma confesses her love for grilled cheese," "Emma debuts a new leather jacket," or "Emma threatens to punch someone" over those. At least the third option with breaking the original curse is a good solid choice. I might have voted for that even if the other options didn't suck.

I really do like Snowing... and would enjoy them so much more if they got to be two separate people, regardless of sharing one heart. I wish I could vote for Charming fending off the dark knights while shoving his infant into an enchanted wardrobe or giving his "we are both" speech. I wish I could vote for Snow biting the damn apple or downing an ogre in one shot after 28 years of being meek Mary Margaret.

I'm relieved that Hook was the only "love interest" who got his own category and isn't seen as belonging in Robin/Belle territory.

As for Rumple/Belle, it struck me as strange that they'd basically go for two wedding moments rather than something from Skin Deep. I guess they wanted to skew the options heavily toward last season.

• Love 2

I guess they wanted to skew the options heavily toward last season.

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear the video editors already know what direction they're going to go in with the TV special, and the fans only think they have any say by "voting." But I highly doubt these votes will sway the direction of the special and the clips have already been chosen. Regina's spotlight moment will probably be her giving up "the thing she loves most," Emma's moment will be telling Regina she deserves a happy ending, Snowing's moment doesn't really matter because they're all the same, Rumple's moment will be something sappy with Belle to remind the audience he's a decent person before Season 5 begins, and Hook's moment will be with Emma. (Although, depending on whether or not Adam & Eddy take him darker in Season 5, maybe they'll play the clip of him with Rumple in "The Crocodile.") It's all going to be based on what direction Season 5 goes.

• Love 1
Although, depending on whether or not Adam & Eddy take him darker in Season 5, maybe they'll play the clip of him with Rumple in "The Crocodile."

Given that Emma is now the Dark One, I wouldn't be surprised if this is actually the clip that will "win".  I mean the exchange between Hook and Rumple after Milah dies and the whole "even demons can be killed, I will find a way" and the quest for the dagger, yeah, that clip becomes very relevant (even I'm not all that sure that they will take him down the dark path). 

Rumple's moment will be something sappy with Belle to remind the audience he's a decent person before Season 5 begins, 

Unfortunately for Rumple, the most effective of those moments also involve absolutely disgusting behavior by Regina, she who most deserves a happy ending. So they're non-starters.

Mr. Gold admitting that his name is Rumpelstiltskin to get Regina to return Belle's chipped cup was an important turning point for the first season but the scene also stands on its own. The acting is fantastic. And it highlights Rumple's love for Belle. However, it also highlights Regina being a bitch, so no go.

Same deal with the end of the first season when Belle walks into Mr. Gold's shop and he's overwhelmed to see her alive. Beautiful scene with a very human reaction by Rumple. But... yeah, better not bring up Regina locking Belle in a basement prison for 28 years (plus however long she held her in the EF) in case Regina needed leverage over Rumple.

My money is on the Beauty and the Beast dance winning that category. We know from ComicCon that they shot the whole thing but only used a little bit for the episode. A filler/recap show sounds like a good vehicle to trot out all that wasted footage that happens to be appealing/accessible to someone who's not too into OUAT at the moment but knows Disney movies.

I find it a little odd they used Anna instead of Rumple. Snowing were so pushed aside, no surprise they're not in there. They really wanted to hit the Frozen angle!

(edited)

I find it a little funny how the DVD covers are like:

• Anna — a princess
  • Elsa — a queen
  • Regina — another queen
  • Emma — a modern day princess
  • Hook — ...a leather clad pirate?

One of these things is not like the other. 

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, it's not like they've actually taken any decent character promo pics in 127 years. They didn't even do any last season.

Edited by Souris

It mostly just struck me as a lot of shipper maneuvering in lieu of real questions, which is to be expected.

(That is, there's plenty of, Why is Rumbelle the best thing ever? and When will Emma and Hook get married?)

I kind of hope the show chooses whoever asked "if they were all on a deserted island who would be the last one left alive?" because I would watch that episode.

• Love 4

I kind of hope the show chooses whoever asked "if they were all on a deserted island who would be the last one left alive?" because I would watch that episode.

Red, because no one would remember who she is or be able to find her.

(And I'm not even a particular fan of Red.)

(edited)

I wasn't sure where to put this, but this is one of the most bizarre things I think I've seen. Lana has an eBay store. She seems to be selling a pair of shoes and a dress.

Is it just me or is that … odd? I don't see that the money is going to charity or anything that would make it more explicable to me. It seems to be affiliated with this vintage clothing shop.

Edited by Souris
Panopticon, on 29 Jul 2015 - 5:08 PM, said:

It mostly just struck me as a lot of shipper maneuvering in lieu of real questions, which is to be expected.

(That is, there's plenty of, Why is Rumbelle the best thing ever? and When will Emma and Hook get married?)

Hook, b/c (say it with me now) he's a survivor.

• Love 4