Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

Sean posted this on Twitter:

https://t.co/zzpRkL8UHt

I didn't know he used to be a pop star.

Yeah, there was a brief trend in the mid-1990s in the UK where a lot of young soap stars had a go at a singing career. I was about 8 when this was going on, but I still remember Sean from his Grange Hill and EastEnders days.

The 90's with soap actors becoming popstars is what Disney/Nick is today.

I'm so glad Sean didn't leave Twitter and give the bullies what they want. He's such a sweetheart and deserves better than what he gets on this show.

• Love 2

He's got a decent voice, but that video...ugh! All that spinning was making me sick. I didn't even watch the whole thing. Glad Sean didn't quit his day job. I'll stick with Colin when it comes to music & videos.

• Love 1

Interview with Elliot Knight about Merlin.

What will happen with Merlin this season?

I’ve stopped trying to guess what’s happening, or even ask about it. They obviously let you know the big, important things ahead of time. There’ve been times where all the writers have been up in Vancouver where we’re shooting and I’ll sit down with them and be like, “OK, so I read this script. What happens after?” And they’ll refuse to tell me anything. It’s wonderful sometimes to not really know what all is happening so you can’t predict it. I think there’s a lot to be said for how much they share with the actors. It definitely has an impact on how we play the characters. It’s the most mysterious show I’ve ever been on.

It's cool that he is actually a fan and has such a good working knowledge of the show. I'm sure he did a recent rewatch once he was cast, but still, most casual viewers probably can't reel off season comparisons like that.

Why OUAT Should Get Rid Of Flashbacks

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/once-upon-a-time/why-once-upon-a-time-should-ge-57835.aspx

it feels like Once Upon a Time is killing time with the King Arthur story line. It negatively effects the Dark Swan in more than reduced screen time. There appears to be a lack of confidence or planning in the Dark Swan story. There is an assumption made about the story. Once Upon a Time can't sustain the Dark Swan stuff for a whole season (or half season) so they need to fill time with this King Arthur nonsense.

I kind of feel that way too.

• Love 2

I agree that the show doesn't seem to have much interest in Dark Swan herself. Her intentions are vague, her position on the Evil-O-Meter is quite low, and White Swan battling the darkness is far more interesting. Jennifer Morrison is doing an awesome job acting with what she's getting, but right now Arthur seems like such a larger threat. A&E said prior to 5A that it wasn't about Camelot, but we've already gotten two episodes focused on it in a row. If Dark Swan is the headliner, their focus might be out of touch.

So far, 5A hasn't seemed very "Once" to me, or really about the main characters. It's like briefly changing the channel to Knights of Our Lives with the Storybrookers thrown in for continuity. See: Frozen in 4A.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

I guess Jen said something about Once ending and some fans ran with it. I can't find anything, but she and Adam tweeted about it:

Jennifer Morrison ‏@jenmorrisonlive  · 1h1 hour ago 
Just to clarify I said it was MY GUESS how long the show would run. That is up to @ABCNetwork. I have no idea what will actually happen

Adam Horowitz ‏@AdamHorowitzLA  · 20m20 minutes ago
Lot of weird rumors out there about #OnceUponATime -- let me clarify: no one has any plans to end the show anytime soon.  Thnx for watching!

• Love 1

Yes, it was at the San Jose Short Film Festival yesterday. She got an award there and did a Q&A, and apparently some girl asked her when she thought Once would end, and she said probably after season six. That started a mini-apocalypse, I guess! Especially because we have no video, and some fans were like "oh, she said definitely" and others said "She said her guess was probably six seasons".

But anyway, the fact that she said six puts to rest the rumor that the cast signed five-season contracts at least.

Edited by Serena

Honestly, I'd be okay with next season being the last. I wouldn't be ready for it to end after this season, but I also feel like they're running out of interesting story options for it to last longer than six seasons. Plus, I want to see some of the actors move onto bigger and better projects.

• Love 2

Sometimes, I wonder how different a show Once would be if it were on say AMC or a network like that.

Well Jennifer Morrison sure as hell wouldn't be the lead. That would be Josh Dallas.

One thing I love about this show is it has lots of female roles, they're perfectly capable of saving themselves. I'm not sure that would happen on another network. It sure as hell never happens on cable.

We probably won't see her at all anymore. She was pretty forgettable. I haven't seen her in anything else, but she was only just average and didn't do much to create a memorable character.

So late?  How long are they going to wait for her centric?  Please don't tell me she's staying on in 5B.

They probably just announced it now for whatever reason. It says they're in the Nov. 15 ep, so already filmed.

A Once tour? That sounds cool! It's interesing that they tapped Gil McKinney to be a guest, seeing how he's only been in 3 eps (can we really count the ep where he's shown in a mirror for 3 seconds?). I hope that doesn't sound too offensive :(. Although, now it makes me want to speculate...