Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Backwards In Heels

• Start Topic

I don't doubt that Mauricio might have pulled some shady moves when started The Agency, but I think in the long run, he had honest intentions and made good on them quickly. He didn't turn into another Hilton, capitalizing on the hard work of the little guy. I know a few people who went to work for him recently and they are all doing really well. The way I understand it, they pair novice agents with seasoned realtors almost like an apprenticeship until they're ready to go out on their own. Their philosophy of realtors working together allows for speedy upward mobility and they've become a massive contender due to the good relationships amongst their realtors. I don't think he poached agents, so much as they wanted to leave.

And for those who don't know, he started the agency with his dad, another former H&H agent. The Richards sisters won't stfu about family so how can they deny him an opportunity to go into business with an actual blood relative. Seems a little hypocritical to me ;)

• Love 10

So here we all are, casually libelling a realtor on no real grounds whatsoever.  I"m afraid I am really uncomfortable with this post and Yours Truly's posts above.  I get that these women and their families go on the show for money.  I get that there are two sides to every unhappy story.  I think they're fair game and I'll go after them with spirit.  However as far as I can see, beyond the (extremely) dubious word of Brandi Glanville, there are no grounds at all for suggesting that Maurice Umansky is unethical or prone to sharp practice.

And 'word on the street' doesn't cut it either.

I'm only saying that I don't find it all that hard to swallow. Also that there's been enough that's spilled out over the seasons, his own behavior on screen included, that doesn't make it at all a stretch for me to consider or mull over as being very, very possible.

So here we all are, casually libelling a realtor on no real grounds whatsoever.  I"m afraid I am really uncomfortable with this post and Yours Truly's posts above.  I get that these women and their families go on the show for money.  I get that there are two sides to every unhappy story.  I think they're fair game and I'll go after them with spirit.  However as far as I can see, beyond the (extremely) dubious word of Brandi Glanville, there are no grounds at all for suggesting that Maurice Umansky is unethical or prone to sharp practice.

I'm only saying that I don't find it all that hard to swallow. Also that there's been enough that's spilled out over the seasons, his own behavior on screen included, that doesn't make it at all a stretch for me to consider or mull over as being very, very possible.

But the allegation is only out there because it was made by Brandi. No one else. Just Brandi. Brandi, who by the way, has absolutely no first hand knowledge of the ins and outs of how this all happened, or even of how the industry works in general. If Rick Hilton had made an allegation like that, I could see it being more than speculation or an assumption that people are making. But Rick Hilton has not ever publicly made an allegation like this. Neither has Kathy. At least not that i am aware of. 

Brandi was also the only one that threw it out there at first about Adrienne's surrogate. How's that saying go again?The one about the broken clock.... ;-)

Do you have a link.  I didn't know that there was an investigation going on.  

I don't do links. :-)

Besides I pointed out that no investigations were done as a way to acknowledge that I understand there wasn't some widespread scandal about Umansky and Rick Hilton business fall out. I for one don't need there to be for me to have my ideas about how it may have gone down, so....

I don't doubt that Mauricio might have pulled some shady moves when started The Agency, but I think in the long run, he had honest intentions and made good on them quickly. He didn't turn into another Hilton, capitalizing on the hard work of the little guy. I know a few people who went to work for him recently and they are all doing really well. The way I understand it, they pair novice agents with seasoned realtors almost like an apprenticeship until they're ready to go out on their own.

Hey, kudos it's my position that the bad blood Hilton has for Umansky has legitimate beginnings and he shouldn't be denied his grievances towards Mauricio if it does  turn out that Mauricio's parting wasn't really kosher which is what I strongly suspect. I have my reservations about Mauricio and Kyle for other reasons as well but on this matter I just feel like any misdeeds on Mauricio's part shouldn't be whitewashed just because Rick is a dick. Same way I feel that Kim's legit grievances shouldn't be dismissed because she's an addict. Seems like Mauricio comes out ahead just by default and not necessarily because there hasn't been any wrong doing on his part. Those type of things stick out to me.

• Love 3

Hey, kudos it's my position that the bad blood Hilton has for Umansky has legitimate beginnings and he shouldn't be denied his grievances towards Mauricio if it does  turn out that Mauricio's parting wasn't really kosher which is what I strongly suspect. I have my reservations about Mauricio and Kyle for other reasons as well but on this matter I just feel like any misdeeds on Mauricio's part shouldn't be whitewashed just because Rick is a dick. Same way I feel that Kim's legit grievances shouldn't be dismissed because she's an addict. Seems like Mauricio comes out ahead just by default and not necessarily because there hasn't been any wrong doing on his part. Those type of things stick out to me.

I think for some of us, where this info is coming from, the sources that is, is what is questionable. The MAIN source leaking this garbage is of course Brandi, who has an axe to grind with Kyle for not supporting her against LisaV and she blames Lisa/Kyle for getting her fired as a full HW. The second source is Kim and she also has an axe to grind with her sister, especially since Kyle distanced herself from Kim and that Kim is no longer on the show but Kyle is.  Yes, Brandi and Kim may be correct in that Rick was furious when Mauricio left but it was, IMO, because he feared Mauricio would succeed and usurp H&H, which is what happened. What I don't buy into is that Mauricio did anything underhanded/questionable when he left and IMO, Brandi/Kim are making that up out of thin air to punish Kyle. Both of these venomous women know that hurting Mauricio hurts her, Kyle, big time, as she is fiercely protective over her husband/kids, so they are going in on her weak spot. Also, had there been ANY truth to these "rumors", more tabloids/bloggers and respectable press would have reported on it but that has NOT happened.

• Love 12

While he owed nothing to HH, there has to have been some funny business going on to justify Rick's animosity.

While you all can cheer for the umanskys, I never doubted that they somehow bought the Palm Springs house at a steal and I also firmly believed that Maurice took some files.

wth does the agency do that is so special? Lol

Real estate is a sleazy business in general and I don't see why Maurice is treated like he is above board.

The Umanskys lost money on the house in Palm Springs.  I posted the particulars last year on Kyle's thread. What Big Kathy paid for it and what the Umanskys paid for it.  Kyle even said they lost money.  So Kim and Kathy were technically overpaid for the property.  Factor in 10 years of mortgage payments, property taxes HOA fees, utilities and maintenance, all Kyle did was honor her mother's wishes the home not be sold for 10 years.  The fact that Kim expected to be paid for the home and still own it was ludicrous.  Kim had a house in Palm Springs that her mother bought her and she elected to sell it.  Also, Kim and Kim's kids used the Palm Springs house whenever they wanted.  If it were that important to Kim she could have bought the house back-it was selling for pretty close to what Kyle and Mauricio paid for it.

I think real estate is just like any other business.  Property owners want to sell and they list their house and pay the agent a commission.  I don't know why it would be thought of as a sleazy business. The amount of commission is capped at 6%.   I guess I just haven't had a bad experience.  Real estate is pretty above board-at least in California.    

• Love 12

The formula is pretty simple when you leave.  H&H would be entitled to any commissions due them while Eduardo and Mauricio were working under H&H's shingle.  The clients once their home is sold or the listing expires would be free to go with Mauricio or stay with H&H.  Mauricio can't steal clients from H&H because the clients are free to list with whomever they want.  Same with any listings where Mauricio and/or Eduardo were the buyers' agent.  H&H would still collect their commission.

I cannot find any record of any investigation with either the Department of Corporations or the Real Estate Commission .  The statute of limitations for a breach of contract suit has expired.  The only thing H&H can do is whine and if they are to whine too publicly the run the risk of appearing to be sore losers or enhancing Mauricio's reputation as a super agent.

To me the difference between the two agencies is one has the old fashion formula of pitting sales agents against one another and The Agency is using more of a partnership model. 

Out of curiosity what would be a kosher parting?   I am curious because I cannot think of many situations where a non-partner leaves an agency or a firm and the agency or firm is delighted.  It happens all the time in law where an associate takes a job at a competing firm or an attorney opens their own office.  I am sure H&H paid Mauricio and Eduardo whatever money was owed them so what could be amuck?   

Here is an overview of the California law on covenants not to compete on employees:  http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/events/labor_law/2013/03/employment_rightsresponsibilitiescommitteemidwintermeeting/4_orrick.authcheckdam.pdf

So Mauricio and Eduardo's could not be held to a covenant not to compete.

• Love 10

The Umanskys lost money on the house in Palm Springs.  I posted the particulars last year on Kyle's thread. What Big Kathy paid for it and what the Umanskys paid for it.  Kyle even said they lost money.  So Kim and Kathy were technically overpaid for the property.  Factor in 10 years of mortgage payments, property taxes HOA fees, utilities and maintenance, all Kyle did was honor her mother's wishes the home not be sold for 10 years.  The fact that Kim expected to be paid for the home and still own it was ludicrous.  Kim had a house in Palm Springs that her mother bought her and she elected to sell it.  Also, Kim and Kim's kids used the Palm Springs house whenever they wanted.  If it were that important to Kim she could have bought the house back-it was selling for pretty close to what Kyle and Mauricio paid for it.

I think real estate is just like any other business.  Property owners want to sell and they list their house and pay the agent a commission.  I don't know why it would be thought of as a sleazy business. The amount of commission is capped at 6%.   I guess I just haven't had a bad experience.  Real estate is pretty above board-at least in California.

Realtors above boards in California?

While I do not believe that every realtors is out to rip off the customers, there are plenty of dishonest ones IMO.

I sold and bought houses there and unless I was extremely unlucky I can't say that the realtors involved in my transactions were truly honest.

You do not get on top of that field by being an alter boy.

Did Maurice break the law?

That I have no clue.

Would I be surprised if he was to be busted?

Absolutely not.

• Love 1

While I do not believe that every realtors is out to rip off the customers, there are plenty of dishonest ones IMO.

I sold and bought houses there and unless I was extremely unlucky I can't say that the realtors involved in my transactions were truly honest.

That I have no clue.

Absolutely not.

I respectfully disagree the way you get to the top is by being above board.  No one wants to deal with a shady agent.  It is not worth your reputation to skunk up one deal.  I guess it is fair to say you don't like Mauricio and feel like he must have done something to warrant your dislike.

I guess I don't know what they were dishonest about.  It is pretty cut and dried.  There are home inspections and a requirement to declare defects.   I guess some sellers feel like they were talked into letting their property go for too little money and some buyers that feel like they paid too much. 

• Love 8

That's my thing.  I think that Mauricio could have done everything he was required to do and be above board about it and there would still be bad blood.

I can't imagine any business owner is ever happy to have an employee leave when their clients go with them, even though its a fact of life in certain businesses.  I bet the owners hold a grudge even if its something they have done themselves or benefited from.  I bet there are accounts that the partners brought in or feel like they brought in, but because junior people service them some of them leave when that person goes, so it feels like 'stealing' an account when its not. 

And in most situations, owners likely let it go because 'out of sight, out of mind.'  But the difference here is that Mauricio left the business but not the family so it festers.

• Love 6

The MAIN source leaking this garbage is of course Brandi, who has an axe to grind with Kyle for not supporting her against LisaV and she blames Lisa/Kyle for getting her fired as a full HW. The second source is Kim and she also has an axe to grind with her sister, especially since Kyle distanced herself from Kim and that Kim is no longer on the show but Kyle is.  

But do you have proof that B&K are the main sources of this info? I'm not being contentious and am fully open to learning more if you have more to share -- it's just that without real proof, designating B&K as the baddies in the game is as speculative as accusing Maurice of wrongdoings. 

And in most situations, owners likely let it go because 'out of sight, out of mind.'  But the difference here is that Mauricio left the business but not the family so it festers.

Great point.

• Love 1

But do you have proof that B&K are the main sources of this info? I'm not being contentious and am fully open to learning more if you have more to share -- it's just that without real proof, designating B&K as the baddies in the game is as speculative as accusing Maurice of wrongdoings. 

Great point.

All one has had to do is read Brandi's tweets, she lambasted Mauricio/his business on it many times and he finally had enough and threatened to sue her if she didn't stop and the fact that she did indeed stop tweeting about him speaks to her dishonesty. SO Yes, Brandi has been a source of these nasty rumors and IMO, Kim is the one feeding it to her, Brandi often sighted the "You stole my GD house" incident as proof positive.  I am not going to go as far as to say that Kathy, herself, has fed Brandi any info, she is not THAT stupid or crazy to give her any info about family squabbles but I don't think she minds Brandi painting Kyle THE bad sister either. Again, had there been any truth to these rumors, we would have read about it in the main stream press, not just ROL, Brandi's go to rag mag by the way.  

• Love 5

I don't know about K, but right now B is the only source of this info. The only person  who has gone on record to say ANYTHING about Maurico's new Agency not being on the up and up is B. K could have said something to B about it or even implied it, but K has never said it in a public forum. All of the stories about Mauricio having somehow screwed over Rick Hilton have been from publications that always go back to B's tweets as the source. 

I don't consider ANY of the women on ANY of these shows to be a baddie/villain. I think that some are more dangerous than others simply because of the platform they have; but, I don't think any of the women are intentionally trying to hurt anyone. 

• Love 2

The RHOBH forum loses a lot of credibility regarding Yo but just in general with the outright denial of the existence of Lyme Disease. I know the claims are not liking Yo or an obsession with her causing a need to shame her about everything under the sun but I've also read the YF forums and see the general denial that Lyme even exhists. I haven't observed many legit reasons to dislike her This much. Mostly just bullying.

• Love 2

I don't consider ANY of the women on ANY of these shows to be a baddie/villain. I think that some are more dangerous than others simply because of the platform they have; but, I don't think any of the women are intentionally trying to hurt anyone. 

On this I disagree. Right now and for the past several years, Brandi has tried to damage several of these women, really damage their reputations, starting with Adrienne and she is now concentrating on LisaV and Kyle. She has gotten personal, nasty personal, like no other HW has in the history of the franchise IMO.

The RHOBH forum loses a lot of credibility regarding Yo but just in general with the outright denial of the existence of Lyme Disease. I know the claims are not liking Yo or an obsession with her causing a need to shame her about everything under the sun but I've also read the YF forums and see the general denial that Lyme even exhists. I haven't observed many legit reasons to dislike her This much. Mostly just bullying.

The few sites I now read, I have yet to read anyone say that LD does NOT exist. I have read that she, Yolanda doesn't have LD or that she has more going on in addition to LD but never that the disease it self doesn't exist. Thank Heavens I haven't read that type of garbage at any of these sites. That said, I do think Yolanda has done more harm than good for LD awareness and the treatment/cure of LD.  YMMV

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 11

I do hope the snarking on Yo didn't make anyone think that anyone here didn't think Lyme Disease exists--that is simply not true (Lyme Disease does exist) and please re-read the posts on Yo's thread and this will be seen to be quite evident. Lyme Disease is a real medical disease that is recognized by the medical community (including the CDC) and I haven't seen one person say otherwise on this site. However, Yolanda has thrown out phrases like chronic neurological lyme disease and other such phrases that are not medically accepted diagnoses. I do understand how this can lead to confusion since the terminology can sound similar. I can only speak for myself, but I get frustrated with her inconsistencies and as someone with health issues I find many of her comments personally offensive (she is riding bikes and climbing mountains of stairs yet claims to be bedridden during this period of time....as someone who struggles to move independently a few feet with holding on to objects, I find her hyperbole offensive. I also have seen the toxic effects and ineffectiveness of holistic treatments personally (patients and friends) and in the media (steve jobs, etc).

I am not trying to argue but I haven't seen anyone here say Lyme Disease doesn't exist. Also I am trying to shed light on why I, for one, find Yo to be a dangerous spokesperson for any health issue (her inconsistencies and her alternative treatments such as stem cells which more likely than anything worsened her symptoms or caused some of her symptoms). Many of the post here cite references and creditable sources here unlike Yolanda's claim.

In fact just a little while ago in the small talk section there were posts about some new (or newish) information on Lyme disease and links to media and CDC sites were linked. It was put there instead of Yo's page because it was for a poster with Lyme Disease and Yo's page is so bogged down with pure medical talk that really isn't about her.  Anyway, we snark on the housewives but not on each other (at least we try not to).

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 11

All one has had to do is read Brandi's tweets, she lambasted Mauricio/his business on it many times and he finally had enough and threatened to sue her if she didn't stop and the fact that she did indeed stop tweeting about him speaks to her dishonesty. SO Yes, Brandi has been a source of these nasty rumors and IMO, Kim is the one feeding it to her, Brandi often sighted the "You stole my GD house" incident as proof positive.  I am not going to go as far as to say that Kathy, herself, has fed Brandi any info, she is not THAT stupid or crazy to give her any info about family squabbles but I don't think she minds Brandi painting Kyle THE bad sister either. Again, had there been any truth to these rumors, we would have read about it in the main stream press, not just ROL, Brandi's go to rag mag by the way.  

Hm. I don't follow any HW on Twitter as it seems that would be an exercise in vapidity so I can't speak to Brandi's tweets –altho if she's spent a lot of time blathering about Maurice, I'd consider her a windbag more than anything. As for her backing down, well perhaps the threat is as effective as the action, especially if one doesn't have surplus funds for possible litigation (according to what I've read here, money is tight for Brandi).

Re other sites picking up the story: why would they? Why would the antics of these D-listers be worthy of coverage? The Camille-Kelsey split got coverage but he was a highly regarded and recognized performer by the time she landed at Bravo. Russell's suicide, Brook's invoking an internationally known facility in his cancer claims, Teresa G's adventures in the pokey, and the Salahis crashing the DC dinner –  these things were all a step or 30 beyond the usual HW fluff and fights. Can't see – in other words, IMO -- Maurice and his RE matters as being all that important to the MSM (at least I hope not).

Re Radar Online: is allabouttrh.com a sister site to Radar? I saw the story on allabouttrh not Radar. (I think another poster had some of the following upthread so sorry for the dupe):

“There are problems between Kyle and Mauricio and Kathy and Rick, and that is because Mauricio went behind Rick’s back when he started his business,” another source spilled. An insider adds, “Rick did everything for Mauricio to get him started, he gave him clients, he introduced him to people. And then when Mauricio set up his own company, he did it covertly and informed Rick via email. Mauricio was not made a partner as he was not being 100 percent above board and so there were trust issues. Finally, once Mauricio’s new company was set up, Rick and Mauricio came to a gentleman’s agreement that they would not go after each other’s’ agents, but then Mauricio went back on that promise and tried to poach staff. It’s a huge mess.”  Well, I’m always a Mauricio fan (so handsome), but it sounds like there was definitely something shady going on.

Is Brandi the source – the insider? Without proof, it's a fifty percent chance. The remaining 50 percent chance could be a Bravo staffer, HW production assistant or an acquaintance of Kyle and Maurice in need of some cash. IMO the odds can't go beyond that 50 percent.

http://www.allabouttrh.com/kyle-richards-maurico-umansky-vs-kathy-rick-hilton-the-real-reason-behind-their-feud/

• Love 2

I've never read any post in any of RHBH or Yo's thread denying the existence of Lyme.  If I did, I would certainly set the record straight on that, given that my son had neurological Lyme disease and my husband had Lyme.  Add to that, there are a number of posters who have had or who are presently suffering with Lyme.  Denying its existence would just not fly here.

Are there posters who don't believe that Yo had/has Lyme?  Yes.  Are there posters who believe that Yo has been cured of Lyme but is continuing to use it as a storyline or sympathy ploy?  Yes.  Are there posters who believe that Yo's present problems have more to do with what she is doing to herself with treatments and supplements rather than Lyme disease?  Yes.  Are there posters who believe that Yo's illness was due to ruptured breast implants?  Yes.

I can't speak for everyone but I think many, if not most, posters have a problem with Yo's handling of it all.  And if Yo didn't make it so public, it wouldn't be discussed as much as it has.  She makes the choice to put it out there, constantly.  She has the right to do that but when you choose that, the public has the right to disagree, present the facts with legitimate sources and criticize.  That's not bullying.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 11

Hm. I don't follow any HW on Twitter as it seems that would be an exercise in vapidity so I can't speak to Brandi's tweets –altho if she's spent a lot of time blathering about Maurice, I'd consider her a windbag more than anything. As for her backing down, well perhaps the threat is as effective as the action, especially if one doesn't have surplus funds for possible litigation (according to what I've read here, money is tight for Brandi).

Re other sites picking up the story: why would they? Why would the antics of these D-listers be worthy of coverage? The Camille-Kelsey split got coverage but he was a highly regarded and recognized performer by the time she landed at Bravo. Russell's suicide, Brook's invoking an internationally known facility in his cancer claims, Teresa G's adventures in the pokey, and the Salahis crashing the DC dinner –  these things were all a step or 30 beyond the usual HW fluff and fights. Can't see – in other words, IMO -- Maurice and his RE matters as being all that important to the MSM (at least I hope not).

Re Radar Online: is allabouttrh.com a sister site to Radar? I saw the story on allabouttrh not Radar. (I think another poster had some of the following upthread so sorry for the dupe):

Is Brandi the source – the insider? Without proof, it's a fifty percent chance. The remaining 50 percent chance could be a Bravo staffer, HW production assistant or an acquaintance of Kyle and Maurice in need of some cash. IMO the odds can't go beyond that 50 percent.

http://www.allabouttrh.com/kyle-richards-maurico-umansky-vs-kathy-rick-hilton-the-real-reason-behind-their-feud/

Although ROL has not named Brandi as their "source" they print almost verbatim what she tweets a few days before their story gets published/aired. Sadly, many blog sites quote ROL as the source of a blog and later have to retract it. A good example of this just happened concerning Kyle/Mauricio/daughters NOT attending Monty's funeral/memorial. Brandi tweeted and said in her podcast that Kyle/family did NOT attend, ROL stated the same thing a day later and AAT blogged what both said siting them as the sources (ROL/Brandi) then Kyle and other attendees refuted the blog and AAT retracted/corrected their blog....http://www.allabouttrh.com/kyle-richards-skips-monty-brinsons-funeral/. If you watch her, Brandi's, twitter account and/or listen to her podcast, she makes all sorts of statements about LisaV, Kyle and other BH cast members and usually within a few days a story, again almost verbatim, will appear in ROL saying the same thing and siting an "un named source" or an "insider source"....aka/Brandi. LOL Unfortunately for Brandi but luckily for us,  she leaves a trail of bread crumbs large enough for Stevie Wonder to follow back to her as ROL's main source about most of the negative things they report about Kyle/LisaV. LOL

As to why they, reputable press, would report on Mauricio if he was involved with anything shady business wise.....just think of the Giudice press.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

Although ROL has not named Brandi as their "source" they print almost verbatim what she tweets a few days before their story gets published/aired. Sadly, many blog sites quote ROL as the source of a blog and later have to retract it. A good example of this just happened concerning Kyle/Mauricio/daughters NOT attending Monty's funeral/memorial. Brandi tweeted and said in her podcast that Kyle/family did NOT attend, ROL stated the same thing a day later and AAT blogged what both said siting them as the sources (ROL/Brandi) then Kyle and other attendees refuted the blog and AAT retracted/corrected their blog....http://www.allabouttrh.com/kyle-richards-skips-monty-brinsons-funeral/. If you watch her, Brandi's, twitter account and/or listen to her podcast, she makes all sorts of statements about LisaV, Kyle and other BH cast members and usually within a few days a story, again almost verbatim, will appear in ROL saying the same thing and siting an "un named source" or an "insider source"....aka/Brandi. LOL Unfortunately for Brandi but luckily for us,  she leaves a trail of bread crumbs large enough for Stevie Wonder to follow back to her as ROL's main source about most of the negative things they report about Kyle/LisaV. LOL

As to why they, reputable press, would report on Mauricio if he was involved with anything shady business wise.....just think of the Giudice press.

I guess we have differing perspectives so agree to disagree, yes? And I did mention Teresa G in my prior post because I believe interest in a HW scoring a stint in the slammer definitely outweighs a HW husband's adventures in real estate -- at least until the monstrosity Mo Hadid is building in the hills collapses under the weight of its own vulgarity and takes out a few homes on the slope below.

• Love 3

By the same thought pattern, are people supposed to bend over and keep taking it because that someone is "family" time and time again? Rick promised to make Mauricio, his top agent, a partner in that agency and didn't....so after some time he, Mauricio made the decision to leave H&H to start his own agency. Rick had the opportunity to make Mauricio a partner up to and including his last day of work at H&H and chose not to, that is on Rick, NOT Mauricio.

Exactly.

I'm not sure why there seems to be an assumption that Mauricio is the bad guy and Rick Hilton is just a sweet, innocent man who was taken advantage of.  If Mauricio's position at H&H was lucrative and if he felt valued there, then why would he have left?  He brought a ton of business to them, and Rick certainly profited greatly from having Mauricio on board, so it's not as though Mauricio was an ungrateful charity case.   Promises are made in business all the time that aren't kept, and I think that's exactly what happened here.  So Mauricio cut his losses and moved on.  That's common in business and completely understandable.

From what I've heard about Rick and from what I've seen of Mauricio, I am much more inclined to believe that Mauricio would be the one to be above board and fair.  I also think that someone leaving to start their own business would be very careful to cross all their t's and dot all their i's.  Mauricio is not a stupid man, and I'm sure a great deal of thought and care went into this so he could be absolutely sure that he wasn't sabotaging his own business before it even got off the ground.

In any case, clearly there are two sides to this story, and I haven't seen or heard anything that would make me assume that Mauricio is the bad guy and Rick is blameless.  It's likely that each of them, to some extent, played a part.

Totally agree!!

Brandi has proven time and time again that her intention IS to hurt others.   She's pretty transparent, we've seen her do it on the show, and she liberally uses her Twitter and podcast for exactly that purpose. 100% intentional, and she clearly takes delight in doing it.  Just as an example, she very obviously was on an anti-Joyce mission.  She practically spewed venom when it came to Joyce, mocking her and treating her like garbage.  She was unrelenting and very deliberately twisted the knife in further and further.   Brandi wasn't have a bad day.  Or a bad moment.  She did it over and over again, and she knew exactly what she was doing.  Completely intentional.  And that's just one example.  She's had her sights set on hurting others too, and will say anything if she thinks it will serve that purpose.

I'll even go one step further and say that what she tries to do is not just hurt them, but destroy them.  She's a very bitter person, and undermining other people by  bad-mouthing them and spreading gossip comes to her very easily.  Scarily easily, IMO.  She is one messed-up bitch.

• Love 12

Libel?

So here we all are, casually libelling a realtor on no real grounds whatsoever. I"m afraid I am really uncomfortable with this post and Yours Truly's posts above. I get that these women and their families go on the show for money. I get that there are two sides to every unhappy story. I think they're fair game and I'll go after them with spirit. However as far as I can see, beyond the (extremely) dubious word of Brandi Glanville, there are no grounds at all for suggesting that Maurice Umansky is unethical or prone to sharp practice.

Libel?

It really is not that deep.

Lawyers and business executives are currently the two top untrustworthy professions according to the Gallup poll.

So there is that.

Edited by LIMOM

Great point.

To me the best evidence of Brandi being the source is her complaining about getting a Cease & Desist letter from Mauricio's attorneys for making unfounded claims about his business practices.  I believe this happened back in June.  Brandi was  miffed and it seem to work because she shut up.  Of course she put it out there.  This was immediately after she tweeted the information.  Now her accusations have been recycled and come from "sources".

• Love 7

In RE this back and forth with staff and folks opening up their own agency happens every day, at a tiny RE offices or larger one. Every office is different as are the perks they offer. You're loyal to the broker who offers you a higher percentage and better working conditions. Branching out to open your own business once you become a broker is normal. It's easy to go from a salesperson to broker, even I did it, LOL. With a few sales under your belt you're good to go out on your own.

IMHO, this is about petty, deep seeded jealously of an older sister stemming from the shift in popularity and wealth of the younger sister. We have a older sister who believes she's entitled to rule the family with an iron fist because of her birth sequence. There is no royal succession in the good old U. S. of A. Kathy can just go sit in a corner and cry herself a river and drown in her bitterness and dispair. Kyle must fulfill her life's destiny even if it means stepping over her toxic sisters including Kim.

Brandi is a loser liar who is certifiably nuts. Anything out of her lips is suspect and she should just STFU and stop trying to earn a living by being a shit stirrer. I wouldn't trust the no account bitch as far as I could throw her.

Feud.jpg?efce26

• Love 7

Bullying?

How can one bully someone with whom they have zero contact and furthermore zero power over?

I have not read that anyone denied the existence of Lyme disease, here or anywhere.

Perhaps you could explain some more?

• Love 4

Libel?

It really is not that deep.

Lawyers and business executives are currently the two top untrustworthy professions according to the Gallup poll.

So there is that.

However there is a world of difference between saying 'all realtors are shady thieves' and 'Maurice Umansky is a shady thief'. The former is an obviously hyperbolic impersonal statement. The latter--absent concrete proof which I am pretty sure none of us has--is clearly libellous. This is not a discussion of what we have seen on the show. This is speculation about his business practice. Which we have not seen on the show.

• Love 6

I think for some of us, where this info is coming from, the sources that is, is what is questionable. The MAIN source leaking this garbage is of course Brandi, who has an axe to grind with Kyle for not supporting her against LisaV and she blames Lisa/Kyle for getting her fired as a full HW. The second source is Kim and she also has an axe to grind with her sister, especially since Kyle distanced herself from Kim and that Kim is no longer on the show but Kyle is.  Yes, Brandi and Kim may be correct in that Rick was furious when Mauricio left but it was, IMO, because he feared Mauricio would succeed and usurp H&H, which is what happened. What I don't buy into is that Mauricio did anything underhanded/questionable when he left and IMO, Brandi/Kim are making that up out of thin air to punish Kyle. Both of these venomous women know that hurting Mauricio hurts her, Kyle, big time, as she is fiercely protective over her husband/kids, so they are going in on her weak spot. Also, had there been ANY truth to these "rumors", more tabloids/bloggers and respectable press would have reported on it but that has NOT happened.

I have reasons besides Brandi and Kim but I do take their positions into account as well. Not blindly but I do weigh the information. It's all good though because I am sure my opinion of Mauricio won't affect their marriage one bit. ;-)

The formula is pretty simple when you leave.  H&H would be entitled to any commissions due them while Eduardo and Mauricio were working under H&H's shingle.  The clients once their home is sold or the listing expires would be free to go with Mauricio or stay with H&H.  Mauricio can't steal clients from H&H because the clients are free to list with whomever they want.  Same with any listings where Mauricio and/or Eduardo were the buyers' agent.  H&H would still collect their commission.

I cannot find any record of any investigation with either the Department of Corporations or the Real Estate Commission .  The statute of limitations for a breach of contract suit has expired.  The only thing H&H can do is whine and if they are to whine too publicly the run the risk of appearing to be sore losers or enhancing Mauricio's reputation as a super agent.

To me the difference between the two agencies is one has the old fashion formula of pitting sales agents against one another and The Agency is using more of a partnership model. 

Out of curiosity what would be a kosher parting?   I am curious because I cannot think of many situations where a non-partner leaves an agency or a firm and the agency or firm is delighted.  It happens all the time in law where an associate takes a job at a competing firm or an attorney opens their own office.  I am sure H&H paid Mauricio and Eduardo whatever money was owed them so what could be amuck?   

Here is an overview of the California law on covenants not to compete on employees:  http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/events/labor_law/2013/03/employment_rightsresponsibilitiescommitteemidwintermeeting/4_orrick.authcheckdam.pdf

Well I can't give an example because you've already claimed that your SURE that Mauricio left under appropriate circumstances. So that's that. I don't agree with that sentiment because well I don't and that's all there is to it for me.

So let record show that I have not one iota of proof to back my most definite belief that Maurico is one grimey character who I believe left his position at H&H and proceeded to build his own through shady business dealings and who I also believe had a hand in acquiring Kim's part of the house through dishonest practices. With that the prosecution rests. LOL

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

That I have no clue.

Absolutely not.

I like your style. ;-)

Brandi is amusing, but I would take everything she said with a grain of salt. I don't think discussing the bad blood between ex business partners is libel, and Maurice appears on a reality show, so he is fair game. Yes, some of the things out there are rumors and speculation, however, I have read comments, and things written that indicate to me that it isn't all smoke. Add to that, the fact that Rick Hilton and Maurice are feuding. Rick Hilton gave Maurice his start in real estate, and that alone should garner some loyalty, and the fact that they are family even more so. Obviously Maurice was not held to a no compete contract, but maybe he should have been. Not informing his own brother in law face to face of his plans was shady- not how you treat family, and poor business practice as well. Anyone remember when Maurice's mother brought that skeezy European Prince to a party? She obviously isn't above front runner showmanship. Maurice's gifting Kyle an expensive pair of earrings A'La' Andy Cohen is fairly strong confirmation that he is a huge show off.

• Love 2

On this I disagree. Right now and for the past several years, Brandi has tried to damage several of these women, really damage their reputations, starting with Adrienne and she is now concentrating on LisaV and Kyle. She has gotten personal, nasty personal, like no other HW has in the history of the franchise IMO.

I should clarify my earlier statement. I don't consider Brandi a Housewife. I haven't considered her one since her second season when it became obvious that she was little more than a prop. So, when I make blanket statements about some housewives being more dangerous than others, I do so without including Brandi in the statement. 

That said, I absolutely agree that she has gone out of her way to intentionally harm others with no thought to how it would affect the innocent members of their families. 

• Love 7

I should clarify my earlier statement. I don't consider Brandi a Housewife. I haven't considered her one since her second season when it became obvious that she was little more than a prop. So, when I make blanket statements about some housewives being more dangerous than others, I do so without including Brandi in the statement. 

That said, I absolutely agree that she has gone out of her way to intentionally harm others with no thought to how it would affect the innocent members of their families. 

In that case, I DO agree with you! LOL

• Love 4

Wirewrap, I want to thank you for posting all of the thoughts that I have on this that I just haven't had the energy to post myself. I can't stand it that Brandi's bullshit rumours have led to remarks such as "it's out there", and are put out there as  legitimate facts. Brandi is certainly not a reliable source. She claims that she was not fired from RHBH, but then blames Lisa V. for her being fired from RHBH.

People can speculate all they want regarding Mauricio, but unless there is some proof of wrongdoing (aside from whatever vomit Brandi is spewing), then his reputation is all good with me. It appears like he is very successful in his business so that is really what matters. I also see no reason to believe that he is a cheater.

Again, no photos, no emails, no third party reports. Just bullshit rumours that mean nothing.

• Love 9

I have reasons besides Brandi and Kim but I do take their positions into account as well. Not blindly but I do weigh the information. It's all good though because I am sure my opinion of Mauricio won't affect their marriage one bit. ;-)

Well I can't give an example because you've already claimed that your SURE that Mauricio left under appropriate circumstances. So that's that. I don't agree with that sentiment because well I don't and that's all there is to it for me.

So let record show that I have not one iota of proof to back my most definite belief that Maurico is one grimey character who I believe left his position at H&H and proceeded to build his own through shady business dealings and who I also believe had a hand in acquiring Kim's part of the house through dishonest practices. With that the prosecution rests. LOL

I guess what I was asking is an example of kosher.  I don't know how that would preclude you from giving an answer.   For instance Mauricio and Eduardo should a portion of their listings to H&H for 90 days.  I am not necessarily saying that would be kosher but it would be an example.  Or maybe Mauricio agree to co-list a certain number of listings with H&H for 90 days. Again I would consider it generous and beyond kosher.  Or that Mauricio not use terms such as "formerly with Hilton & Hyland" in his advertising. To me at the end of the day, Mauricio's departure was just about money.  Legally and ethically  that is all governing authorities can address. 

First and foremost a prosecutor has to prove each element of the alleged crime.  Belief is just not enough.

To the credit of the warring brother in laws neither has publicly made disparaging comments about the other.  Recently two agents from Hilton & Hyland and Mauricio co-listed the Playboy Mansion.  Mauricio had very positive things to say about the Hilton & Hyland agents.

It is all about the money.

• Love 4

Great point.

Here is one source:  http://www.inquisitr.com/2251226/kathy-hilton-kyle-richards-husbands-are-at-odds-over-business-deal-gone-wrong-report/

And that source would be Brandi.

I​ am less interested to see proof that B and K are the main sources of these rumours regarding Mauricio. I want to know where B and K obtained their sources for making these statements. They should be held accountable for what they have stated and be able to substantiate this information//misinformation that they are reporting.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 1

Besides making money in the RE field your reputation is everything. RE agents count on repeat customers and referrals. Lawyers are involved by both buyers and sellers and represent their clients at the beginning of a transaction until the closing. Millions of dollars passing hands from bank to bank also involves bank representatives. It's hard for me to believe that Mauricio is involved in anything underhanded since his business is flourishing. Clients seem to benefit and houses are listed and sold.

Edited by talula
  • Love 6

I don't see the outright denial of the existence of Lyme Disease. I just see pages and pages of example of Yolanda's lies and exaggerations. Not bullying. Just calling her out on her lies, which can't be denied if you watch the show, her talking head interviews and then read her twitter and Instagram. There are so many inconsistencies that Yolanda has no credibility at all. I don't see people actually stating that Lyme Disease does not exist.

• Love 7

The second quote you shared was one that sites Brandi as THE source of the information. LOL Which is something a few of us have been pointing out, that all this talk about Mauricio stealing "agents/clients" comes from Brandi and not from any reputable source and if Brandi had any REAL proof of her accusations she would have given them to every tabloid in the country for free because she HATES Kyle THAT much. The woman, Brandi, needs help ASAP!

• Love 5

The second quote you shared was one that sites Brandi as THE source of the information. LOL Which is something a few of us have been pointing out, that all this talk about Mauricio stealing "agents/clients" comes from Brandi and not from any reputable source and if Brandi had any REAL proof of her accusations she would have given them to every tabloid in the country for free because she HATES Kyle THAT much. The woman, Brandi, needs help ASAP!

Yes. Exactly.  What I am asking for is Brandi's source. Where did she get this mis/information that led her to put out those ridiculous tweets regarding Mauricio. The fact that people believe her without anything to substantiate her silly statements really bothers me.

At least the people  who call out Yolanda on her BS have her own tweets and Instagram and blogs and talking head interviews to back up their opinions of her.

Brandi has absolutely no scruples when it comes to revenge.

Funnily enough she sums up her own problem herself:

"Drinking and Tweeting".   LOL

• Love 3

First and foremost a prosecutor has to prove each element of the alleged crime.  Belief is just not enough.

I'm not trying to convince anyone. Just sharing how I feel about him. That's the beauty of the forums not being an actual courtroom. ;-)

• Love 3

Well, rumors AND the ACTUAL feud but it's only "out there" because of Brandi... ummm, sure. However we all have our own reasoning for our conclusions. None of which is concrete.

We do realize that their is an actual feud. The point of contention is not everyone of us believe that Mauricio is the evil person in this feud.

• Love 9

Besides making money in the RE field your reputation is everything. RE agents count on repeat customers and referrals. Lawyers are involved by both buyers and sellers and represent their clients at the beginning of a transaction until the closing. Millions of dollars passing hands from bank to bank also involves bank representatives. It's hard for me to believe that Mauricio is involved in anything underhanded since his business is flourishing. Clients seem to benefit and houses are listed and sold.

Just to be clear my opinions of Mauricio's dealings fall more under the in bad taste and taking advantage of category  and not Apollo, Teresa Federal Prison category which is why I find it easy to believe that things weren't what I would deem proper in circumstances involving him, his family and how he conducted FAMILY business. Not that he's screwing over little old ladies.

We do realize that their is an actual feud. The point of contention is not everyone of us believe that Mauricio is the evil person in this feud.

Noted.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1

Here is one source:  http://www.inquisitr.com/2251226/kathy-hilton-kyle-richards-husbands-are-at-odds-over-business-deal-gone-wrong-report/

And that source would be Brandi.

I​ am less interested to see proof that B and K are the main sources of these rumours regarding Mauricio. I want to know where B and K obtained their sources for making these statements. They should be held accountable for what they have stated and be able to substantiate this information//misinformation that they are reporting.

Thanks for the link but all that “article” demonstrates is that the writer culled her piece from previously posted materials (a not-unusual approach for agglomerates like The Inqu). 

This is the same writer's contribution for tonite's ep:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2781093/yolanda-fosters-children-have-lyme-disease-rhobh-shows-proof-of-anwar-bella-hadids-diagnosis-mohamed-hadid-speaks/

It's another wrapround of previously released blather, most of which has been discussed on PT for 2 weeks now. So, IMO, we still have nothing more than a 50 percent chance it's ding-dong Brandi who is the source.

• Love 1

Thanks for the link but all that “article” demonstrates is that the writer culled her piece from previously posted materials (a not-unusual approach for agglomerates like The Inqu). 

This is the same writer's contribution for tonite's ep:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2781093/yolanda-fosters-children-have-lyme-disease-rhobh-shows-proof-of-anwar-bella-hadids-diagnosis-mohamed-hadid-speaks/

It's another wrapround of previously released blather, most of which has been discussed on PT for 2 weeks now. So, IMO, we still have nothing more than a 50 percent chance it's ding-dong Brandi who is the source.

Allabouttruth also reported about the Umanski/Hilton fight and credited Brandi as the source through her tweets. The latest was about Brandi claims that Kyle/family did NOT attend Monty's funeral/memorial which AABT had to go back and revise after Kyle contacted them and set the record right, which was that they WERE at the funeral/memorial. AABT was able to confirm through others attending both functions that YES, Kyle/family were present for both and that Brandi was incorrect (aka LYING). As I said earlier, if you read Brandi's tweets, when she goes off about LisaV, Kyle or any of the HWs, it is picked up a day or so later by ROL and a few bloggers as gospel truth AND they repeat her tweet/accusation almost word for word. It's crazy that anyone familiar with the show would believe a word she says at this point IMO. Go read her tweets, it is easy to do and you don't have to join Twitter to read them. All 1 has to do is Google the HW, example...Brandi Glanville twitter and it will take you directly to her account, click on "Tweets & replies" to see all of what SHE tweets as well as all replies to/from her. It really is eye opening. LOL

• Love 2

Allabouttruth also reported about the Umanski/Hilton fight and credited Brandi as the source through her tweets. The latest was about Brandi claims that Kyle/family did NOT attend Monty's funeral/memorial which AABT had to go back and revise after Kyle contacted them and set the record right, which was that they WERE at the funeral/memorial. AABT was able to confirm through others attending both functions that YES, Kyle/family were present for both and that Brandi was incorrect (aka LYING). As I said earlier, if you read Brandi's tweets, when she goes off about LisaV, Kyle or any of the HWs, it is picked up a day or so later by ROL and a few bloggers as gospel truth AND they repeat her tweet/accusation almost word for word. It's crazy that anyone familiar with the show would believe a word she says at this point IMO. Go read her tweets, it is easy to do and you don't have to join Twitter to read them. All 1 has to do is Google the HW, example...Brandi Glanville twitter and it will take you directly to her account, click on "Tweets & replies" to see all of what SHE tweets as well as all replies to/from her. It really is eye opening. LOL

Since nobody else claimed Kyle and her family weren't present-oh Brandi's hairdresser/roommate confirmed not seeing them at the events, I think it is pretty evident who the source is.  I wonder if Mark, Brandi's hairdresser had ever met Monty?

• Love 2

Since nobody else claimed Kyle and her family weren't present-oh Brandi's hairdresser/roommate confirmed not seeing them at the events, I think it is pretty evident who the source is.  I wonder if Mark, Brandi's hairdresser had ever met Monty?

When someone is THAT capable about lying about something like this NOTHING they say can be believed IMO.

Thank you, no, I avoid the vacuous tweets of all HWs past and present. Hey, whatevs, it's Brandi of whom we speak and (for me) it's enough. Back to agree to disagree. Off to tonite's thread to find something laughable about Splits. 

• Love 1

Hi guys, we've let it go for a couple of pages, but what Mo did or didn't do to start The Agency has nothing to do with this episode so let's stop that discussion here now please. There are other places to debate this but it isn't about this episode at all. Thanks. 

• Love 4