Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Nick Maiorano

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Hoping he's the first to go.  Couldn't stand his bio or his video.  Assuming he's coming off like an ass for camera time.  However, if he wasn't super obnoxious and playing that up (at least I hope he is), he'd probably be as fun as paint drying.

Agreed.  He is his own hero?  and this...

Personal Claim to Fame: I’ll always be a better listener than you. Meaning, I listen to people better than you do, I’m more interested in people than you are, and I accept people more than you do. And yes, sometimes I pretend to do these things, but at least I pretend, whereas you just check out and are narcissistic.

Who is the "you" he is referring to because that is a tremendously broad statement to make about the entire human race!

• Love 5

I agree with others, this guy seems like a tool.  And for someone who is a personal trainer, he has a very odd body.  It's not just that he's not buff like you would think a personal trainer should be, it's that he just looks odd.  Like he ran out of skin so they just stretched what he had over his bones.

• Love 4

I wonder if he looks better in person because I was laughing at him when he was talking about how good-looking he is, but then I got confused when the women on his tribe were also talking about how good-looking he is and speculating that he must be a model. He's not ugly or anything, but model wouldn't be my guess. Real estate agent, photocopier salesman, maybe. Soccer dad, sure.

• Love 5

So, it's been a whole year since they filmed this. I wonder if Nick recalls sounding like a jerk. LOL!!!! I doubt it since he's probably talks this way everyday. He wasn't Quasimodo but in the Survivor world he's meh. I think he could go far though. He's in good shape & doesn't appear annoying to his tribe. It's only Day 3 so things are subject to change. LOL!!

• Love 1

Agreed.  He is his own hero?  and this...

Who is the "you" he is referring to because that is a tremendously broad statement to make about the entire human race!

His personal claim to fame is knowing how to pretend to listen better than other people do?! 

I can't decide whether to be offended or LMAO.

• Love 6

I'm hoping that the editors are setting him up for a fall.  Though I often hope that for the ignorant delusional blowhards, and it hardly ever happens the way I crave (or you have to wait such a long time for any satisfaction, a la Dan at the Reunion Show).

I think if Beauty ends up going to tribal in the next few episodes he may get the boot.  So, he better hope they keep winning or that a they have some kind of tribe swap this season (which I am sure they will).

I'm surprised he thinks his looks will be an asset to him. He reminds me of that old cartoon or comic strip character Humphrey(?}, the one with the huge body and tiny little head. From what I've heard out of his mouth, I am ready to bet that Cartoon Humphrey has twice the personality plus factor over this self absorbed dick head.

Well, I decided this season to introduce my boys (ages 9 and 12) to Survivor so we watched it tonight (rewatch for me).  The minute Nick appeared on screen they both said "ewww" and when they heard him say his looks were an asset they started laughing and asked if he was supposed to be making a joke.  I thought he was unpleasant looking yesterday when I watched, but today I found him almost unbearable.  What a strange distorted body and unattractive face!

• Love 4

I knew I wasn't going to like him from the start, when they showed him posing oh-so-causally on the front of the boat riding in.  I could almost see the thought bubble "Ok, sit here and look all pensive and pretty".

• Love 3

Personal Claim to Fame: I’ll always be a better listener than you. Meaning, I listen to people better than you do, I’m more interested in people than you are, and I accept people more than you do. And yes, sometimes I pretend to do these things, but at least I pretend, whereas you just check out and are narcissistic.

I think this must be from the break-up letter he sent his last girlfriend.

• Love 7

So I went back to check out some of Nick's blogs on RHAP and I found this gem.

http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-2014-cagayan-season-28-episode-12-straw-that-broke-the-camels-back-nick-marorano/

There are only a few things I feel strongly about when it comes to Survivor:
1.Before players hit the beach, each has a potential win percentage ranging from 0% to 100%
2.It’s best to be a sociopath rather than a regular human being
3.Final Tribal Council should a) be a final two and b) NOT be a surprise

So I went back to check out some of Nick's blogs on RHAP and I found this gem.

http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-2014-cagayan-season-28-episode-12-straw-that-broke-the-camels-back-nick-marorano/

There are only a few things I feel strongly about when it comes to Survivor:

1.Before players hit the beach, each has a potential win percentage ranging from 0% to 100%

2.It’s best to be a sociopath rather than a regular human being

3.Final Tribal Council should a) be a final two and b) NOT be a surprise

Is that true?  How many "sociopaths" have won?

Yeah, Heidik and I'd say Hatch too. But their sociopathy wasn't apparent until after the game was over -- in Hatch's case, several years after. I don't see how being a sociopath in the game is a plus at all, but it will either be fun or horrifying to watch Nick try to demonstrate it to us.

Okay, well, 0% to 100% about covers it.

• Love 5

How do you pronounce his last name? even the link above has wrong spelling lol

Oh I will just call him... nick the prick

Sounds good to me!

Nick reminds me as the type of guy who was continually babied by his parents throughout his life-told what a special snowflake he was, he was the most handsomest boy no matter what anyone said about his odd looking body, that the other kids were jealous of how charismatic he was.  

The fact he thinks you need to be a sociopath over a human being to win this game speaks volumes.

So, it's been a whole year since they filmed this. I wonder if Nick recalls sounding like a jerk. LOL!!!! I doubt it since he's probably talks this way everyday. He wasn't Quasimodo but in the Survivor world he's meh. I think he could go far though. He's in good shape & doesn't appear annoying to his tribe. It's only Day 3 so things are subject to change. LOL!!

I hope your wrong and that he gets the boot sooner rather than later (despite the fact that his delusions may make for good camera time).  I looked at his twitter a few times, and it seems like he's already trying to do damage control and show he's in on the joke that is himself.  Whether that means he goes far and knows there's a lot worse to come or he was already catching flack for his remarks, I don't know.

(edited)

God I can't wait for this douche to get voted off.  Apparently he's sitting back now because he wants to take control in the playoffs, not the regular season.  He doesn't think anyone in his tribe is going to be better at challenges than him, because he's sitting back now and biding his time.  He wants people to feel special and that's why he's sitting back.  There's something so condescending about his tone.

He does admit he's egotistical.  At least there's that.  He keeps mentioning puzzles; didn't Dan Foley also claim to be a whiz at puzzles?

Normally I'd say it is probably a smart move to hold back if you really are some sort of physical threat.  But I think Nick is full of hot air.  Hopefully he gets knocked out before the play off round.

Besides Tai and Joe, they really picked a bunch of winners when it comes to the men this season (I'd throw Caleb in there, but I guess it depends where you stand with him from his BB days).  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Besides Tai and Joe, they really picked a bunch of winners when it comes to the men this season (I'd throw Caleb in there, but I guess it depends where you stand with him from his BB days).  

I was going to say the same thing.  Have we ever seen so many assholes in one single season?

• Love 3
(edited)

I am hoping that the fact we have not heard of Nick's "brilliant" strategy in the show that this means he isn't that successful with it. I just hope he doesn't do any damage before getting voted off.

(on a side note I was listening to Anna's periscope last night and apparently the original alliance that her and Julia tried to put together was with Tai and Nick but apparently it didn't take too long to see what Nick was up to so they dumped that idea and picked up Michele)

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2

I am hoping that the fact we have not heard of Nick's "brilliant" strategy in the show that this means he isn't that successful with it. I just hope he doesn't do any damage before getting voted off.

(on a side note I was listening to Anna's periscope last night and apparently the original alliance that her and Julia tried to put together was with Tai and Nick but apparently it didn't take too long to see what Nick was up to so they dumped that idea and picked up Michele)

Now I just hope those ladies stay strong together and don't let Nick weasel their way into the group.  This guy is such a poser.  Kind of like trying to be villain, but coming off horribly that that's exactly what he's trying to do.  He is so robotic in his insults and superiority that I actually find him somewhat comical.

(edited)

I wrote a long essay in an episode thread about how small heads on big bodies are unattractive.  Spelling out the obvious.  There's a reason why babies are cute (well, to me).  Give me a disproportionately large head on an adult rather than a small one any day.  Sorry Nick buh bye.

There was also Starla's mention of him possibly being Tyler Durden because he doesn't interact with the rest of the cast - LOL.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

Adonis won me over for a moment when he was describing how to get on Debbie's good side by listening to her, because she likes to feel important and heard.  That was actually pretty spot-on, because we know Debbie loves to talk about Debbie.  But then he had to go and ruin the 3% of respect I felt for him by saying that he had to groom Michelle to say the right things and act a certain way.  Take your chiseled features and get off this show, the sooner the better.

Also, I love how Michelle kept calling him "brah."

• Love 4

laurakaye, I did like how Nick's ONE moment of lucid intelligence was in reference to the bat-sh*t crazy that is Debbie.  Like for some reason the only emotional intelligence his programmers included in his hard-drive was how to deal with crazy loons!

• Love 6

I don't hate Nick as much as most people seem to, or as much as I expected to. I thought his comment about Debbie having a crush on him was rather perceptive.

With all the super obnoxious castaways like Debbie, Joe, Jason and Scot, it is hard to find any hate left over for Nick.

• Love 3

Nick's second victim: Aubry

:))

First thing Aubry says to me, "What's your sign, handsome?"

... WTF, Aubry. I just got done with Debbie. Give me a sec! (or 24 hrs)

2nd thing Aubry ever says to me, "You could seriously be my brother, but I'd rather you be my boyfriend."

(aka Aggressive Aubs after that)

Oddly enough, Nick really hasn't gotten that much air time. He has said some obnoxious things early on. That being said, I'm not sure if he misses the jury or not. He could be like Corrine and just misses right beforehand.

Seriously, is that a joke (by Nick)?  Or a joke Aubry is playing ON Nick?

Not sure what to make of that...

IF Aubry actually sent that to Nick and he took it at face value, then Nick needs to get his hearing checked. The sarcasm is deafening.

"What's your sign, handsome? Objects in mirror may be bigger than they appear?"

• Love 2

I'm still trying to decide if Nick is good looking or not. Most of the cast is weak on the pretty side for the guys. Where are the stupid male models from central casting? LOL!!! Jeez! I would settle for a Jay Byars, at this point. LOL!!!!

• Love 2