Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Joshua Morrow did an interview with Michael Fairman

Oh boy: "Sometimes in a scene you have to let the other person in the scene win." That explains so much about MS and why JM seems like such a lazy actor (to me, anyway). I have never heard any actor express that doing a scene was about defeating their scene partner(s). No wonder Phyllis so rarely had scenes with Victor back then, what with his alleged "always have the last word" policy. Yeesh, what a bunch of egomaniacs.

• Love 8

Oh boy: "Sometimes in a scene you have to let the other person in the scene win." That explains so much about MS and why JM seems like such a lazy actor (to me, anyway). I have never heard any actor express that doing a scene was about defeating their scene partner(s). No wonder Phyllis so rarely had scenes with Victor back then, what with his alleged "always have the last word" policy. Yeesh, what a bunch of egomaniacs.

It is asinine! Who the fuck views acting like this? PB (and those who work with him say this about him) talks about "sharing" scenes and elevating your partner to make the scenes better not fighting to "win." No wonder MS didn't want to work with him anymore. He wouldn't "play."

JM is an idiot. He learned sooooo much from Michelle Stafford. RME.

They had propped it, but I am a 190 lbs of pure steel, and that set piece was only normal and it was not fortified. (Laughs)  I had this scene, and it’s so funny, but all that anyone talked about was the nurses’ station desk moving.  It’s a tough one when you’re acting your heart out.

I love this. JM's great "acting" moment was overshadowed by the Ikea nurse's station. lol.

• Love 12

Before JM mentioned it, I had totally forgotten all about Austin's video and that it was related at all to the Sandy/Sharon/Sage story. I get that he needs to be diplomatic, but I think they failed miserably if they were trying to tie it all together. I'm still not sure I understand how it all fits.

• Love 5
It is asinine! Who the fuck views acting like this? PB (and those who work with him say this about him) talks about "sharing" scenes and elevating your partner to make the scenes better not fighting to "win." No wonder MS didn't want to work with him anymore. He wouldn't "play."

in her interview after she left y&r and moved over to gh, i think she said something about being glad to be away from y&r cause an actor wouldn't let her shine or something like that..

the only thing i could think of was her demented windmill arms and her screeching at whomever was opposite her.

in her interview after she left y&r and moved over to gh, i think she said something about being glad to be away from y&r cause an actor wouldn't let her shine or something like that..

the only thing i could think of was her demented windmill arms and her screeching at whomever was opposite her.

• Love 4

Before JM mentioned it, I had totally forgotten all about Austin's video and that it was related at all to the Sandy/Sharon/Sage story. I get that he needs to be diplomatic, but I think they failed miserably if they were trying to tie it all together. I'm still not sure I understand how it all fits.

How does the video relate to the sandy stuff?

• Love 1

sharon apparently told austin about the incident when he was video taping her for his documentary.

Ohhhh right. I had forgotten all that. That's why Sharon was all shifty eyed about Austin and was arrested (no?) for his murder at one point. God almighty this is shit writing of the highest order.

• Love 8

In the interview, JM says that he didn't get what was going on with Austin's video when it first happened, but he totally gets it now and how cool it us that they tied it all together 8 months later and it all makes sense now. ???

I can only guess that the Sandy/pool incident is what Sharon told Austin when he was doing his Newman documentary, and that is why Sharon was desparate to get the video back from him and became a suspect in his murder. And that's how she and Dylan became close and what brought us to this current mess. As I said, since most of us forgot about all of this, I think they failed if they were trying to tie it together, but JM thinks it's genius.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 8

So CK/Lily shared in a magazine this week she didn't like or mesh with DG/Cane when they met. And after working together a while she started getting along with the actor.

Shocker. This must be the 4th story of a new costar she didn't like or iced out until she was forced to work with them for months or they made an effort to win her over.

Also on MM's twitter there's some cute pics of him and Sharon Case having a dinner with his family and making what looked like a gourmet meal this week. It's cute they are still close friends.

Not everyone has to fight with or have rivalries on set, Sharon Case has shown that with the dozens of friends she's made in the cast and backstage crew.

• Love 11

JT (NuNuNuBilly Abbott) was on The Talk today in their last segment near the end of the show. A couple of the ladies--including Julie Chen herself (the wife of the head of CBS)--acted like they were really into him and his role on Y&R and they pretty much gave him a virtual tongue bath. I guess it can be safely assumed that he's been anointed by the highest of the high at the network and he's not just another one of JFP's pets. Maybe this is the beginning of Y&R: The Next Generation?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1

JT (NuNuNuBilly Abbott) was on The Talk today in their last segment near the end of the show. A couple of the ladies--including Julie Chen herself (the wife of the head of CBS)--acted like they were really into him and his role on Y&R and they pretty much gave him a virtual tongue bath. I guess it can be safely assumed that he's been anointed by the highest of the high at the network and he's not just another one of JFP's pets. Maybe this is the beginning of Y&R: The Next Generation?

Was coming here to comment on this myself. The way they carried on and anything CBS related on social media gushed you'd think this was Shemar Moore's arrival in GC. Talking about how hot he was and this excitement. I really wish this network and show would stop that shit with him and SB/Dylan. Even real actual hot actors like Idris Elba's PR machines don't act that way. Because you know what? They don't have to (btw he's single now and get in line behind me). Another btw I thought JT has been looking old or tired. Shit he looks older than BJ/exnuBilly in screen caps, jmho and I shaded the fuck out of him when he was on.

• Love 6

To each her/his own I guess but I don't think JT is all that hot. I think he has a relatively slight body and that he looks older than he is (and certainly older than what Billy should be). I'd almost say he looks rode hard and put up wet.

I don't recall; did JH (Adam) get his own appearance on The Talk? After nearly a year with role empty, his arrival seemed to me like it would've been treated as more of a big deal than JT who got swapped in only a couple of weeks after BJ left.

btw he's single now and get in line behind me

Hah, rumor has it you'll have to get in line behind Naomi Campbell. She's allegedly been chasing him for years and swooped in as soon as he broke up with his girlfriend/baby mama. Now I don't have any problem with Naomi but I'm thinking Idris could do better. Way better.

• Love 4
I don't recall; did JH (Adam) get his own appearance on The Talk? After nearly a year with role empty, his arrival seemed to me like it would've been treated as more of a big deal than JT who got swapped in only a couple of weeks after BJ left.

I don't recall either. But I'm with you on this. Who the fuck cares if one soap handed over an actor to another soap for a character that has been recast four times in the past two years? Sheesh.

The fete for Steve Burton was even worse, with confetti I believe.

David Tom got some press but it was always with Heather Tom and he was coming "home" to a role so it kind of made sense. But of course that was JFP strutting like a peacock because she thought she outsmarted Billy Miller by finding a better replacement. lol.

Jason Thompson has a very low energy about him. He really is a lot like AH that way. I don't see any star power in this guy or any spark. I thought he did well with that ghost stuff in his first speaking lines -- but he had some seriously good material. Left with day-to-day regular soap stuff...meh.

ETA: Idris Elba..swoon.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 4

oh good lord..

was just perusing a different site and they had some tweets from miles (luca) responding to someone about will luca take the newman's advice and stay away from dummer and he responded with "did romeo and juliette listen"....

how many times is dummers relationships going to be compared to romeo and juliette?

hopefully the two of them will wind up just like the couple mentioned, dead.

• Love 11

Summer is not a catch. She's not a princess. She's not the darling of the show. Let it fucking go Pratt and Phelps. She sucks. She had promise. I don't think HK is a terrible actress. I think she has the makings of a mean girl with depth. But the writers think she's root-worthy and the belle of the ball and everybody's sweetheart. And she's none of these things. She doesn't have the looks for it and she doesn't have the sweetness required. Plus that nasal voice. ugh.

Luca is ridiculous. That's all I've got for him.

• Love 10

sorry miamamma, dummer/hk will be touted as the next best thing to...well, whatever you think the best is.

hk's second mother is going to put her front and centre and there is nothing you or i can do about it.

jill says she is and it shall be so.

• Love 5

oh good lord..

was just perusing a different site and they had some tweets from miles (luca) responding to someone about will luca take the newman's advice and stay away from dummer and he responded with "did romeo and juliette listen"....

how many times is dummers relationships going to be compared to romeo and juliette?

hopefully the two of them will wind up just like the couple mentioned, dead.

So we're going to see Dummer lisping all over Babalu from a balcony? 

• Love 10

So we're going to see Dummer lisping all over Babalu from a balcony? 

Balcony could be good, though!  Just remember what happened to Joe Clark.  

Maybe the Babaloo could slip due to all the spittle Dummer lets loose when she enunciates and ends up taking her over with him.

T'would be a tragic loss but I know we Preverts would bear up under it.  I know we have the fortitude.

• Love 13

Summer is not a catch. She's not a princess. She's not the darling of the show. Let it fucking go Pratt and Phelps. She sucks. She had promise. I don't think HK is a terrible actress. I think she has the makings of a mean girl with depth. But the writers think she's root-worthy and the belle of the ball and everybody's sweetheart. And she's none of these things. She doesn't have the looks for it and she doesn't have the sweetness required. Plus that nasal voice. ugh.

Luca is ridiculous. That's all I've got for him.

The same could be said for Miss Devon. He is not a leading man and never will be, no matter how hard the writers try to tell me he is. He should have been recast before he inherited Kay's money because he, too, doesn't have the looks or charm to pull this off.

TPTB seriously need to reconsider who is put front and center and who is on the sidelines cheering them on. It's absurd that CG's Mariah has a supporting role while HK, Stitch, and Miss Devon are almost always on the front burner.

• Love 11

according to cbs sid, garfield danbridge chancellor was the founder of gc and is kaye's ancestor.

i tweeted them that garfield danbridge CHANCELLOR was philip chancellor's ancestor, NOT KAYE who was born a SHEPHARD..

maybe they get their facts from chuckie cause he doesn't know the history of show either.

• Love 9

Scoffs

Chuck and Pratt don't even know who or what a Chancellor IS. They can't even remember their own writing and plots month to month .

Soap Opera Digest which is a slightly more polished and less partisan version of the Soaps in Depth magazines has typos all the damn time and sometimes in their synopsis(es) refer to the characters by the actors names or call Abby "Summer" Or use weird cliches repeatedly. I wish one of the board members here on this forum would become an editor of those magazines or a writer on the soap. Or both.

• Love 7

Michelle Stafford the former Phyllis on Y&R and current Nina on GH had a big interview in SOD this week. One sound bite was so classic HER

Digest: Do people ever comment about you doing it alone (being a single woman who had kids via surrogate)?

MS: I did get a comment on social media where someone said it was sad that I didn't have a man, which my response always is "Don't worry about me, I get plenty of DICK." Which I do. I love my men; men are fun!

Who is gonna pay for my dinners? Wine and dine me?

Let's not negate men.

Wow.

She also hints the donor for her kids is a close friend who's also famous but she won't share his name with the world but her kids can someday.

• Love 5
She also hints the donor for her kids is a close friend who's also famous but she won't share his name with the world but her kids can someday.

There's been a longstanding rumor that it's a Y&R cast member whose name I'll leave for someone else perhaps to reveal. If it's true it's kinda creepy IMO, on multiple levels.

• Love 2

Christian LeBlanc? I don't have a clue but for some reason that rings a bell. You'd think she could keep her mouth shut on that if she doesn't want speculation. Just say "no comment." It is NO ONE's business who her children's biological father is. Why say "he's a close friend and famous"? sheesh.

MS choosing to be a single mother is no biggie. Lots of women do and if she can afford to have a second kid on her own, good for her. The age would be an issue for me, though. She's 50, right? As the only (emotional) parent to these kids that's risky. The younger one will be a legal minor until she is close to 70 (!?!). Again, though, her business.

But what has always amused me is her INSISTENCE that she loves dick. Yeah, ok. lol. No one except your Scientologist brethren really care if you prefer women, Michelle. ;)

I'm with Patsy, MS has zero class.

• Love 6
But what has always amused me is her INSISTENCE that she loves dick. Yeah, ok. lol. No one except your Scientologist brethren really care if you prefer women, Michelle. ;)

i know, it's like she doth protest too much...

i have seen it  speculated that clb, or jm could be bio-dad..

however, i don't know if jm would do that to his wife.

and clb is gay so it would give him kids..

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 3

Yeah, I've heard both the names mentioned above. And to clarify, to me the creepiness factor isn't that the daddy might be gay or married. What I wonder about is asking your coworker who is not your husband or lover to father your child(ren), at a workplace already well-known for having a lot a backstage drama. But I guess if she's close friends the man and he can make it work with whatever else is going on his life then it's all good.

i know, it's like she doth protest too much...

No kidding. I've long gotten a "trying too hard" vibe from her. Nobody who really matters cares one way or another.

• Love 7

MS has made her persona (or platform if you will) about her juggling the full time job of being a single mom, while working her ass off in Hollyweird, the trials of tribulations of dating on her semi autobiographical YouTube tv show & in myriad interviews and blogs. So I saw it as as a bit of an overreaction of her response to someone asking if it would be easier or if she ever wished she had a partner- she often speaks of the difficulty of single parenthood and finding love. Perhaps someone awkwardly was expressing empathy? I dunno I never messaged her or read fans messages to her. However, the answer was so typical MS a real life Samantha Jones who gets so much DICK and men wining and dining her, a bit of a humble brag.

I think all single parents should be applauded - its damn hard. And often thankless. I would never knock her for not having a partner because people aren't defined by if they have someone. I think someone is stronger if they don't settle or compete. However she negated that by talking about how much dick she gets and how much she's romanced which kinda says she does believe having a man is an achievement or compliment. And it depersonalizes them, which is weird since her second child is male.

• Love 5

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2016/02/tv-guide-brings-back-the-80s-with-soap-hunks-that-ruled

TV Guide had an interview with what they called soap hunks from the 80s. Doug Davidson(Paul) and Don Diamont(Brad) are interviewed along with other men on soaps I didn't watch. I thought Brad was gorgeous back then, but I never thought much of Paul's looks in his younger days. Davidson talked about women sending him lewd pictures by mail(no internet then). So if any of you preverts want to send lewd pictures to today's Y and R hunks like Devon, feel free. 

Edited by babyhouseman
  • Love 8