Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

I can't take another Billy!  I agree, AH has yet to catch fire with anyone including her real life husband JT!!  I think she is like Dylan and both these actors have problems doing romantic scenes period!  And why are they recasting Billy now after we have finally adjusted to him?  Is GH the only show they can draw new cast from and btw enough with the new cast anyway!  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 9

I am surprised they would use plastic surgery when their latest storyline for the past year has been that. I think they can have Billy involved in a fire & his face under bandges but not use the plastic surgery angle. It really is a weird sort of incest thing that Y&R and GH have between each other. Don't they like the actors on DOOL? Billy Abbott should be taken off canvas for a year and then replace him. He isn't really needed now and then they could find the right actor for the part. I just don't see Jason Thompson as Billy. Especially, with the dark hair. He looks more like Victor's son than Jack's brother.

• Love 6

Hell, I like Jason Thompson (he might by default be the best newbie to this show since Gina Tognoni if he does jump here, unless Team Pratt gives him the same level of material he's had of late on GH, and...oh, right...) and this still seems like a really weird choice.  Then again, after Burgess Jenkins's Billy, he'd actually be/appear slightly younger...and wouldn't be doing an uncanny-bordering-on-creepy PB impression most of the time...so it could work.

Or it could turn out to just be a hot mess.

• Love 1

Both AH & HK sure go through a lot of recast, don't they? Perhaps they are the real problem. I don't think they need a new Billy. Give the character a rest & bring back JT for AH. It's a double income for the couple. A win-win for all. LOL!!!

• Love 1

byanose, i don't think ah as vikki had any chemistry with jt and i don't care if he is her real life husband.

however, i do agree foghorn leghorn about replacing the girls..

i think tl left ( you do mean terry lester don't you?) left cause he felt it was the cricket show or something like that.

however, that could just be a mean rumor.

I think the TL Foghorn Leghorn referred to = Thad Luckysomethin...the guy who played JT.

I had finally gotten used to BJ as Billy. Maybe they should just send the character back to Hong Kong for a while.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 3

Both AH & HK sure go through a lot of recast, don't they? Perhaps they are the real problem. I don't think they need a new Billy. Give the character a rest & bring back JT for AH. It's a double income for the couple. A win-win for all. LOL!!!

I wished JT would return myself since I like the character and actor (they could pair him with Mac or Mariah -no Mop plz) anyways the actor who played JT and is married to AH / Mop is a producer now and making a shit load of money and very busy.

• Love 1

oh, tad luckinbill....

maybe he didn't like working with ah either..tee hee

idk..doesn't he produce shows now?

maybe he prefers being behind the camera rather than in front of it.

IIRC, Thad left to do the cable series redux of Femme Nikita. He's popped up elsewhere in primetime since. I think MAB ended his run because he never had any onscreen chemistry with AH and they had decided to pursue the Romeo+Juliet thing between Victoria and Billy by then.  I've thought that MAB may have had an inside tidbit from ye old Bell manuscripts that when Billy matured (agewise) he'd be paired with Victor's daughter.

• Love 1

i was wondering if jfp and pratt were trying to 1 up b&b by hiring the transgender actress candis cayne.

b&b only have a reel transgender but now y&r will have a real one.

i only say this cause b&b are/were getting accolades for the trans storyline.

i wonder also if b&b will get the emmy this year for their storyline.

ETA:  hoping i haven't offended anyone with my post, if i did, i apologize.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 2
Nick on B&B is transgender.

He's not a regular character though. I don't know if he'd even be considered on recurring status and is really more like a day player, IMO.

I wished JT would return myself since I like the character and actor

I liked him too, especially with Colleen. I imagine if they brought him back they'd have to bring Reed too. Wasn't there a casting spumor a while back about an older boy? Some people figured it would be Reed since they're unlikely to age Johnny or Connor that much any time soon. (And right now it's uncertain whether little Can will even make it out of the NICU.)

• Love 1

byanose, i don't think ah as vikki had any chemistry with jt and i don't care if he is her real life husband.

however, i do agree foghorn leghorn about replacing the girls..

i think tl left ( you do mean terry lester don't you?) left cause he felt it was the cricket show or something like that.

however, that could just be a mean rumor.

it wasn't mere rumour. He said it publicly. Personally I think he left because he thought he was the shit - and the role of Mason Capwell (where he proved disastrously miscast) was a big deal. It was a career killing move. Jerry Douglas said years later TL told him he deeply regretted walking away from Y&R.
  • Love 4

Someone tweeted a link to this article about Pratt being fired from AMC in 2009. He's doing EXACTLY the same thing to Y&R that he did to AMC -- which was off the air not long after he was through with it. The article wonders if he "helped" the show by bringing a "fast-paced immediacy that was lacking before." But that was written in 2009. In hindsight it's clear he didn't help because he effectively brought about the show's demise. This from Wikipedia: "By the 2010s, [AMC] had become one of the least watched soap operas in daytime television."

So why the FUCK would Y&R hire this incompetent MORON??? 

Quote from the linked article (replace "tornado" with "multiple Valentine's Day disasters" and this could be Y&R): "Mr. Pratt's tenure at All My Children has been mired in controversy and public dissatisfaction from fans. Although his initial episodes featuring a tornado ripping through Pine Valley garnered several Emmy nominations, including Outstanding Drama Series, his subsequent output has appeared plot-focused, sensationalistic, and unbalanced. Reese's sleeping with Zach, Liza's recast, Amanda's baby, Jackson's absence, and Stuart's shooting are just a few of the points of contention that have upset viewers."

• Love 6

i remember when chuckles recast liza colby with jamie luner.

apparently he was quoted as saying she was going to show the cast what a real actress is like or something like that.

i hated her as an actress and then i hated the character which was a shame cause i had liked liza before that.

all she did was make me think of was she was portraying mae west not liza.

• Love 2
So why the FUCK would Y&R hire this incompetent MORON???

It was and still is the theory of many AMC viewers that ABC brought Pratt on specifically to drive the ratings down so they'd be justified in cancelling the show. And not that I'm defending him but he was gone a couple of years before the show went dark. There was time to fix a lot of the mess he made but for whatever reason TPTB chose not to do it, or at least not do it in a serious way. (Basically, several popular but dead characters were brought back to life by the resident evil doctor/scientist. It was pure, transparent fan service it wasn't enough to bring the ratings back up.)

It's hard for me to imagine that CBS is trying to kill their flagship soap but with what they're letting Chuck (and JFP) do to it, one has to wonder...

• Love 7

I believe you're right about VR, Valley. When it comes to VR, she poisoned the well after she removed herself and I really don't believe CBS or Sony would want to have anything to do with her after the lawsuit she filed. It really seems like it could be MM, but I can't imagine how they'd do that unless JH leaves. I can't imagine what they'd have MM cast as, and EB certainly doesn't seem like a "recurring" player and he's the only one who seems to have a major issue with him (unless they're referring to HHK who he was rumored to have messed with - which I've never believed).

It's already been announced today that Matt Ashford (Jack on Days) is coming back for a very brief stint. He's been fired from that show multiple times and is one half of a popular super couple. 

Fired "fired" or just let go when a story arc has ended? I don't follow Days so I wouldn't know about any issues there might have been with him or any other player who seems to have an issue with him. What's the dirt?

• Love 1

Fired "fired" or just let go when a story arc has ended? I don't follow Days so I wouldn't know about any issues there might have been with him or any other player who seems to have an issue with him. What's the dirt?

I'm not exactly sure about the behind the scenes issues but I've heard that the EP doesn't like MA for whatever reason. His character has been killed off three or four times within a 10 year span. 

• Love 3

CBS Soaps In Depth is just straight up trolling its readers now, right? First Kelly Sullivan gets a gold star for the hot mess that is Sage, and now Josh Morrow gets a gold star. For acting. For an acting performance. Is someone at Y&R handing an editor fat stacks of cash under the table to make this chemistry-free compost pile of a couple happen? I mean, I know SID is just a promotional rag, but come on, at least apply a thin veneer of integrity.

• Love 15

Ratings Report for the Week of November 16-20, 2015 Full ratings here

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,894,000 (-123,000/-162,000)

So can CBS STOP with the bullshit that Y&R has the BEST RATINGS EVER (as they did last week after one week of plus numbers). And JH tweets thanks to fans for supporting Y&R that is "healthier than ever". Not sure what that means. Show is making his bank account healthy, maybe? It's not enough viewers are insulted by Pratt's writing but the PR machine and it's spin has to make it more insulting.

It's the MIDDLE of November sweeps. In February the show was posting -- week after week -- more than 400,000 over last year. I don't see how these ratings are not utter crap (even a slight bump here and there isn't good news because those bumps are not big numbers; they are just not disastrous). People gave Pratt a chance and he proved that he's a hack and that he will hack the show to bits and pieces until it is no longer recognizable. I'm only stunned at how quickly he's doing it.

The fact is the show can justify keeping Pratt on or firing him based on these ratings ("Look at our GOOD weeks!!!") But pair the unimpressive ratings with the idiocy on the screen and it seems a rather obvious choice.

#FirePrattNow

• Love 11

The fact is the show can justify keeping Pratt on or firing him based on these ratings ("Look at our GOOD weeks!!!") But pair the unimpressive ratings with the idiocy on the screen and it seems a rather obvious choice.

It seems obvious to me, too. However, the aim may be to just have the show limp through until the end of 2017 when Y&R's contract with CBS expires. I read an article this morning in which it was stated that B&B's contract with CBS is expiring at the end of this month, with absolutely no word from CBS whether they'll pick up the franchise or not. Bell made an announcement to fans on either a webpage or Twitter that fans shouldn't be worried about the show's future because it'll be rolled out as a web  production if CBS doesn't renew it. Yikes.

In addition to this info about B&B, the article said that the future of GH is bleak and getting bleaker. They've given a mandate to Frank Valentini to either goose up the ratings over the next six months or he's out and the show may face cancellation. Similarly, NBC is getting antsy about Days and that show is on a suicide watch about now. Given their improved ratings during sweeps, it's expected that the show will remain on the air for about another year (according to the article referred to in 24Hours) because their ratings improved.

So maybe firing Pratt isn't so obvious to CBS if the goal of all the networks is to eventually scuttle all their remaining scripted daytime shows.

(Edited to correct a misstatement that was in the article I referred to,) 

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 5

It is amazing to me that y and r is doing so well in the ratings but I guess that has always been the case.  The show is so bad.  It has been for some time.  I left the show a long time ago, started watching again with the Diane/Phyllis wars, and left again this year.  Justin Hartley made me tune in but he is a disappointment (which is crazy, cause he is a good actor, but this show is shit).

Even with the insanity that is happening at Days, that show is so much more watchable, and I never even watched it until recently.  I never saw the big stories in the 80s and 90s but somehow they manage to make a newer viewer appreciate the family history behind this show.

B/B is ridiculous, but it has appeal for an international audience so I cannot see it going away, it will continue to make money.

• Love 7

Yea I don't see B&B being cancelled. Maybe if CBS dumps it another network would snap it up.

Brad Bell said it would become a web series if CBS dropped it. But CBS loves to be able to flaunt taglines like "Most Watched Show In The World". That's why I can't believe they would even toy with the idea of dropping it.
  • Love 6

i saw a picture of candis cayne, melissa ordway and cait jenner from onset.

all i could think of was that bruce didn't make a very attractive female.

he just looks like a man in a dress..

guess he is tho as i don't think he fully transitioned to female.

i am sorry if i have offended anybody.

• Love 3