Type keyword(s) to search

Wake Up, San Francisco! Full(er) House Media

I'm sure people have mentioned this, but WTF does John Stamos look EXACTLY THE SAME??!!!

I know what you mean, its like the man doesn't age, like Dean Cane. Not that Bob Saget and Dave Coulie don't still look good for the ages, but really, Stamos remains unchanged by time. They even made a joke about it during Disney Land's 60th last night. 

I'm sure people have mentioned this, but WTF does John Stamos look EXACTLY THE SAME??!!!

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree - Stamos doesn't look "the same," he looks WAY BETTER.

Edited by dusang
  • Love 3

If you were puzzling over who's actually singing the theme song, puzzle no more.

Oddly enough, while the original fans of the show are oldsters now, I know the show played CONSTANTLY on (I believe) TBS for like 15 years in a row straight and totally became a Post-Millennial thing too (because they watched it when they got home from school). 

So I guess it made sense to get Hipster/Post-Millennial Chick Carly Rae Jepson to sing the new version of the theme.

That's like the 1 minute version (a tiny bit longer than the actual credits), but also here's the whole 3+ minute version:

Edited by Kromm

Oh, here's something else that popped up this week related to the show that cracked me up. 

Er. I mean which was both sad and unfortunate, but funny in HOW they communicated what they wanted to. 

The show did have a one-off joke about how much that row house was worth though...

============

On another semi-serious subject, if anyone thinks CCB doesn't share some of her brother's politics...

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/kirk-camerons-sister-warns-fox-news-not-to-joke-about-hell-because-the-bible-says-its-disgusting/

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

This is an old article, but it talks about John Stamos' tweeting "I call bullshit" when the Olsens said they weren't informed about the revival. I'm glad they cleared up that beef, but Stamos was kind of an asshole for it. They didn't have the same experience Sweetin and Cameron did - they were too young when the show went off the air to really bond and remember the experience as much as the older cast. And when I think of how completely overworked they were as teens, I don't blame them at all for taking their crazy childhood and using it to propel them to a behind the scenes career that they've found so much success in.

And frankly, they don't need the reboot. They're set for life. I guess it's my Olsen loyalty from childhood seeping in, but they have good reason to be bitter about a lot of things in their childhoods. I always side-eye their parents a bit. It's pretty telling that the second they turned 18, they stopped acting completely for the most part.

Finally, Michelle was an asshole and a half, looking back, and the reboot will be better without her anyway.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 6

So, I don't actually watch Netflix or know much about its business model. I have it because my husband wanted it and he never watches it anymore and I just never got around to cancelling it. When I heard about Fuller House I decided to keep it.

How do ratings work? Do all Netflix original shows release whole seasons at a time? Is this already tapped for a second season?

CCB doesn't bother me too much. I know her brother is full fundie crazy but for the most part I think CCB keeps hers a bit tighter lipped. I don't mind a little bit of religious zealot as long as it's not done in an holier than thou way which Ive never gotten from her. I don't watch The View but I do follow her on Instagram and she never comes across that way to me, thougH mileage varies.

So, I don't actually watch Netflix or know much about its business model. I have it because my husband wanted it and he never watches it anymore and I just never got around to cancelling it. When I heard about Fuller House I decided to keep it.

How do ratings work? Do all Netflix original shows release whole seasons at a time? Is this already tapped for a second season?

CCB doesn't bother me too much. I know her brother is full fundie crazy but for the most part I think CCB keeps hers a bit tighter lipped. I don't mind a little bit of religious zealot as long as it's not done in an holier than thou way which Ive never gotten from her. I don't watch The View but I do follow her on Instagram and she never comes across that way to me, thougH mileage varies.

To answer one question: Yes, Netflix original shows are released as full seasons. It's not weekly like on cable or network TV. So if/when this gets green lighted for a 2nd season and it's set to air, all episodes (however many there would be) would be released the same day. Edited by TotalHellion

She was on Fox News just last week banging on about the Bible. People's impressions that she's somehow totally different from Kirk are mistaken. That said, she doesn't tend to pick on the same things Kirk does (gay marriage, church vs. state stuff, etc.) With Candace it's mostly about how everybody needs to be respectful of the Bible, and how wives are supposed to be subordinate to husbands. If Kirk is Nuts with a capital N, Candice maybe is only nuts with a small n.
  • Love 1

New Article from Glamour mag: Fuller House Stars Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin, and Andrea Barber Reveal New Secrets About Full House

One big reveal!

Glamour: You all took home memorabilia from the show when it ended in 1995, so did the producers ask you to bring anything back?

Jodie: I have Mr. Bear. They haven't, but they should [ask me to]!
Candace: John [stamos] has Michelle’s pig.
Jodie: I don't even know if they know I have Mr. Bear.
Glamour: Well, now they will. [Laughs] Watch, come season two, they’ll ask for him back.
Jodie: I know, right?!

PhZFlOT.jpg

• Love 4

On another semi-serious subject, if anyone thinks CCB doesn't share some of her brother's politics...

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/kirk-camerons-sister-warns-fox-news-not-to-joke-about-hell-because-the-bible-says-its-disgusting/

That's hellarious. How does CCB even manage to function in her day-to-day life? It's not like jokes/comments/epithets about hell are particularly uncommon in American society. Does her eye twitch whenever someone says "what the hell"? 

Aw, I love that she has Mr Bear!

I love that too. Although I'm surprised there was only one Mr Bear and not a few they cycled through. Now I want to know what happened to DJ's pillow person.

That's hellarious. How does CCB even manage to function in her day-to-day life? It's not like jokes/comments/epithets about hell are particularly uncommon in American society. Does her eye twitch whenever someone says "what the hell"?

I do agree it's pretty strong to not approve of any joke about hell. But I do think she has a point that it's wrong to suggest that all women should support Hilary Clinton just because she's a woman.

Edited by KaveDweller

I love that too. Although I'm surprised there was only one Mr Bear and not a few they cycled through. Now I want to know what happened to DJ's pillow person.

I think CCB has posted a picture of the pillow person on Twitter or at least has confirmed that she still has it.

• Love 1

Can I just say, a lot of the professional reviews I have read about this show (even from reviewers I normally like and agree with) are being WAY too hard on this show? Maybe its the hype surrounding it, or they are just sick of reboots, but the sheer hatred and bile I have seen thrown at this silly little show seems pretty out of proportion to me. Like, its wholesomeness and goofiness offends them personally. Now, I watch a lot of TV, and this is by far not the worst show I have ever seen. At best, its a fun, breezy little trip down memory lane, and at worst, its snark bait and overly sentimental, without real humor. But, thats ok. There is room on the TV landscape for edgy Veep style comedies, along with stuff like this. I knew critics wouldn't like the show, but it seems like its getting to be a bit...much.  

• Love 10

The show is not that bad, so I really don't get the really negative reviews about it. Yes, it's cheesy but that was exactly the way the original was as well. This show is actually much more adult than the original. Which surprised me. It's actually better than the original. The pilot was awful though. Like most pilots are. After that the show was able to find it's footing and become an enjoyable trip down memory lane with characters I grew up with. 

The stereotypes are annoying but I don't see how it's any different than the stereotypes you can see on 2 Broke Girls, The Big Bang Theory and Two and Half Men. Some episodes are better than others, that is also is something seen on every television show ever. 

I really hope Jodie Sweetin can find some success after this, she is the real standout for me. I also hope she can stay sober and not go back to they Hollywood lifestyle. 

• Love 1

Teens React To Fuller House

It IS just to the trailer though (this is about a month old, so before the release)

The important thing is the reaction/link kids that age felt to the show, even though it's supposedly out of their demo. Why do they react this way?  Because Full House NEVER WENT OFF CABLE. It's been the constant for every kid's afterschool experience for about the past 15 years or so. I know--I have relatives and friends with kids who have all gone through that stage of constant after-school watching of FH, and I always find myself surprised that each new batch of kids as the years passed were watching it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jodie Sweetin's Return to Predictability

Long but excellent article, I recommend reading the whole thing. The one thing I have to disagree with Jodie on:

We’re not relying only on people that have watched the show before.

Really?

But I do think she has a point that it's wrong to suggest that all women should support Hilary Clinton just because she's a woman.

Yeah, of course. I feel the same way. That wasn't the part I was making fun of her for. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 1

With the renewal, I do hope they decide to expand on things that people have been asking about. Such as: "More on Danny's new wife, Joey's life in Vegas, return of Gia and possibly visiting Pam's grave." Since the show seems to be filmed in late summer, most likely we will see season 2 next February or January. I don't think they want to kill the momentum since the show apparently did well, even if Netflix isn't releasing numbers.

• Love 1

I kinda wish that they'd just let DWTS die. I used to be a fan, but now I think of it as the place to fear where my faves will end up and make asses out of themselves.

The show is a piece of shit (although I still find Tom Bergeron himself amusing).

That said, Jodie actually deserves the career boost, so I can reign in my disgust at the show and wish her luck.

Teens React To Fuller House

It IS just to the trailer though (this is about a month old, so before the release)

The important thing is the reaction/link kids that age felt to the show, even though it's supposedly out of their demo. Why do they react this way?  Because Full House NEVER WENT OFF CABLE. It's been the constant for every kid's afterschool experience for about the past 15 years or so. I know--I have relatives and friends with kids who have all gone through that stage of constant after-school watching of FH, and I always find myself surprised that each new batch of kids as the years passed were watching it.

That was my problem with the episode of New Girl, where Jesse hangs out with a bunch of people in their early 20's and they don't get that she ripped off "How rude!" from Stephanie Tanner. Full House really has remained relevant (surprisingly) after all these years.

I remember watching a special on the Brady Bunch, where they wondered if something would ever replace the Brady Bunch as that classic, go-to sitcom family that seems to go across all demos, and I really think it's Full House that took that.

• Love 1

Someone may have posted this elsewhere--I don't really follow the show.  BUT, I thought this group could truly appreciate the Stephen Colbert clip.  If it's been posted a thousand times already, I apologize:

• Love 4

Someone may have posted this elsewhere--I don't really follow the show.  BUT, I thought this group could truly appreciate the Stephen Colbert clip.  If it's been posted a thousand times already, I apologize:

Should I be embarrassed that I cracked up at that?

Should I be embarrassed that I cracked up at that?

If it were a Jimmy Fallon skit, yes. But it's Colbert!

Also, it reaches pretty deep into the dark nightmarish backlist of old pop culture for a reference to the infamous "Baywatch Nights".

I mean you have to admire full commitment to such an obscure reference.

• Love 1

I don't know if any of you read the Full House Reviewed site where he recaped the entire series. He's doing Fuller House as well. He's not a fan. And while I enjoyed the show for it was. I know it has a lot of faults so I can also enjoy people making fun of it. 

https://therealfullhousereviewed.wordpress.com/

Sweet! Thanks for posting this. I did a re-watch of all of the original Full House episodes last year (yes, I own the box set), and read that blog along with the corresponding episode. I love that site too, 'cause he deep down has love for the show (especially Kimmy Gibbler), and nails the hilariously bad things.

'Fuller House' Season 2 Casting Stephanie Tanner's Love Interest

http://www.fuse.tv/2016/04/fuller-house-season-2-stephanie-tanner-romance

According to TVLine, the show is looking for the Stephanie Tanner’s perfect man, a man who’s a “gifted singer-songerwriter” and sees “differently than the rest of the world.” Season one found Stephanie at her most wild and independent, but the show reached different emotive levels when it was revealed that Stephanie is infertile.

We finally know when Fuller House season 2 will be released!

The reboot’s second season will hit Netflix on Dec. 9, Candace Cameron Bure announced on The View Wednesday morning. The co-host and actress said the season will cover several special events.

“I’m super excited our season this year is very holiday themed,” Cameron Bure shared. “We have a Halloween show, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve, and lots of family. “

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/21/fuller-house-season-2-premiere-date

• Love 1

I get a kick out of Andrea going wild over New Kids on the Block. I think it's cute to watch grown women reverting to their 12-year old selves in front of their former teen idols.

I bet if Patrick Swayze were alive they could have gotten him on the show. I still remember Kimmy prominently putting up the Patrick Swayze photo. Shame.

With real estate prices in San Francisco, he can just turn around and sell it pretty easily. I doubt the $4 million had to do with the Full House connection. 

But I hope he does turn it into a museum. I would totally go if I'm ever close enough to SF.

IMO the problem with turning that house into a Full House museum is that only the exterior is recognizable for fans. The interior is nothing like the Tanner/Fuller house, either in layout or decor. I feel like people are going to be disappointed when they go and it's nothing like the house they expect, especially when you can drive by and get a free photo of the very recognizable exterior. (Which I may or may not have done when I was in San Fran ... but I tried not to be creepy about it because it was someone's actual house.)

Also, Fuller House is using stock footage of the house from Full House. It's great for continuity, but that house and the neighborhood look vaguely different now.

That said, I'd bet a Full/er House museum gets a lot of visitors. It's a great hook. I'd just be concerned that they'd be leaving disappointed.

Edited by McManda