Type keyword(s) to search

Kathryn Edwards: Don't Act Like You Know Her When You Don't Know Her

• Start Topic

Does anyone know more about Kathryn's heritage? In the season trailer, it sounds like she has a thick Latina/Hispanic accent when she says, "Don't act like you know me when you don't know me," so color me surprised when I didn't hear a trace of an accent tonight. And then, when asked about her maiden name, she said it was German. Is she play acting with Faye next week or does she have other nationalities in her background?

P.S. Totally open to a better topic title.

• Love 3

Does anyone know more about Kathryn's heritage? In the season trailer, it sounds like she has a thick Latina/Hispanic accent when she says, "Don't act like you know me when you don't know me," so color me surprised when I didn't hear a trace of an accent tonight. And then, when asked about her maiden name, she said it was German. Is she play acting with Faye next week or does she have other nationalities in her background?

She said she was German heritage born in Wisconsin.

I was looking around found this article 20 years after the Nicole Simpson murder.  Shows OJ and Nicole in Cabo with the Jenners and a chubby Kim Kardashian.  Interesting note about Marcus Allen affair.   This particular author got very close to the Brown family and money earmarked for the Simpson children made its way to the Browns.  http://www.vanityfair.com/style/scandal/2014/06/sheila-weller-oj-simpson-murder

• Love 3

zoeysmom, thanks for posting this article.  Very interesting.  I read half of it last night and am finishing it tonight.  I think of you as our resident researcher because you seem to find the most interesting articles online.  :o)

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

I love the title of the thread - my vote is that it stays!  I think she was trying for  "tough"  when she used the thick accent.  It wasn't great, but it made me laugh (at her). 

Disclaimer -  while I have never met Kathryn, my husband was a friend (not close) of her husband for several years while he played for the Chargers.  What I am finding interesting is that she isn't matching the description her husband had of her.  For example - on the show they mentioned that she doesn't work, right?  He said she was a high end interior designer.  Things that make you go  hmmmm

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 5

I think she was trying for  "tough"  when she used the thick accent.  It wasn't great, but it made me laugh (at her). 

Disclaimer -  while I have never met Kathryn, my husband was a friend (not close) of her husband for several years while he played for the Chargers.  What I am finding interesting is that she isn't matching the description her husband had of her.  For example - on the show they mentioned that she doesn't work, right?  He said she was a high end interior designer.  Things that make you go  hmmmm

I agree.  Kathryn was going for tough. She needed to borrow Erika's knuckle ring or Holla's skully to really pull off that scene.  I'm interested to see what she's got.  But I really don't want another fancy lady acting all downtown when the only downtown she's probably ever really experienced is in West Hollywood. 

I have a friend who hasn't worked since marrying.  But she took a few high end interior designer jobs over the years for friends and family.  Still got paid but it never really turned into a business.  Maybe the same for Kathryn?

• Love 5

Yeah, I felt like our introduction to Kathryn was so clipped and edited together (in part to include all the OJ rehash nonsense), that I don't think it's a big deal or a huge misrepresentation that we didn't get more about her potential work life outside of modeling. It's still early for these things to be revealed.

Kathryn would go way up in my estimation if she tells Faye "no matter how many *stutter* Chanels you borrow, you will never, EVER be a lady." Especially if she includes the stammering part.

• Love 7

I liked that she talked back, but kept her composure.  I loved her barely concealed disgust at Faye.  Her husband is a cutie, her past husband was famous, I wonder if we'll get a glimpse of her home on the show?  I have a hunch she could bring quite a bit to the show, other than OJ crap.  Time will tell...If they give it to her.

It's so weird though, there are no photos of her with Marcus that I can find on the web (hell, not many of him either) from the OJ time period or before.  Apparently she was a model, you'd think there would be at least a few modeling photos up, but if there are?  I can't find them.  I was wondering what she looked like when she was younger.

• Love 2

I was just reacting to this bit: Don't Act Like You Know Her When You Don't Know Her

It's a reference to her big dramatic moment in the trailer. We see her going off on Faye, proclaiming, "Don't act like you know me when you don't know me!" I'm assuming this happens next week at the barbecue. Since she seemed to be cast almost exclusively for this OJ conflict, I thought it seemed like an appropriate title thread :)

• Love 3

A couple of things about Kathryn. She wasn't a very aggressive model.  Her talk about her "clients" made me feel like she was just on the prowl for a rich husband not interested in a career.  

She was pretty back in the day.  

Kyle and the "innocent question" about Faye.  Please.  She says she didn't hang out with OJs crowd.  I bet she didn't if the timeline posted here is correct. But I do imagine she lived a fun lifestyle back then.  

Does she have any kids?

• Love 3

A couple of things about Kathryn. She wasn't a very aggressive model.  Her talk about her "clients" made me feel like she was just on the prowl for a rich husband not interested in a career.  

She was pretty back in the day.  

Kyle and the "innocent question" about Faye.  Please.  She says she didn't hang out with OJs crowd.  I bet she didn't if the timeline posted here is correct. But I do imagine she lived a fun lifestyle back then.  

Does she have any kids?

No children-her not so close acquaintance Lisar asked the question.

• Love 1

I know someone (S) who was active in a charity Kathryn was involved in. Kathryn was married to Marcus Allen at the time. 

She really liked Kathryn. They had the growing up in the midwest in common. S said Kathryn was very down to earth.

Seemed to be centered with herself, wasn't impressed or even mentioned who she was married to.

Kathryn would get together for meet ups with the group even when it had nothing to do with the charity. These were just normal folks, not one  hollywood connection between them.

So it was interesting to hear her say, Oh no I never ran around with that group. Meaning the OJ crowd.  

I think S said Kathryn was a Nike model.   

Edited by This2getsold
  • Love 8

Yeah, Kathryn said she was bored as a model, or something like that, that she did the bare minimum.  I think she also said that once Yo walked in to model at the same place, and she had a game OVER type reaction, because Yo was so good. 

• Love 2

Yeah, Kathryn said she was bored as a model, or something like that, that she did the bare minimum.  I think she also said that once Yo walked in to model at the same place, and she had a game OVER type reaction, because Yo was so good.

She called herself a lazy model.
  • Love 1

I love the title of the thread - my vote is that it stays!  I think she was trying for  "tough"  when she used the thick accent.  It wasn't great, but it made me laugh (at her). 

Oh. So that may be why she is going after Faye. Not because of what Faye wrote. It is because Faye is also an interior designer (lol). 

When they showed Kathryn's photos of her as a model, she seemed to resemble Denise Richards. 

• Love 3

I don't think Kathryn, at present, is an interior designer in the sense of, like, Mary McDonald or Kelly Wearstler. Her social media suggests that she and Donnie send most of their time traveling or supporting their chosen charities - veteran-oriented philanthropies seem to be one passion. And occupations like decorator or stylist are often occasional diversions for the upper class; Vogue's masthead is full of socially connected illuminati who turn in an article or two a year or less.

• Love 2

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-kathryn-edwards

10 things you didn't know about Kathryn.  She was on Married With Children???  Also, finally, some older photos.  Also, a closet view.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-kathryn-edwards Preview of next week at the bottom.  She hates Faye.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/photos/before-they-were-housewives-kathryn-edwards/item/10804936?embed=node-1100716 Old photos of Kathryn.

• Love 2

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-kathryn-edwards

10 things you didn't know about Kathryn.  She was on Married With Children???  Also, finally, some older photos.  Also, a closet view.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-kathryn-edwards Preview of next week at the bottom.  She hates Faye.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/photos/before-they-were-housewives-kathryn-edwards/item/10804936?embed=node-1100716 Old photos of Kathryn.

I just watched that preview and I am now wondering if Erika went into the house to warn Faye/Kyle that Kathryn was upset because when Faye/Kyle come back to the table, Erika is with them walking up to the table! Editing monkeys or did she give them a heads up? LOL

• Love 1

Or Lipsa, that would be my guess.

We need the preview thread open!  Maybe they are only putting them on line now.

I think I may end up really liking Kathryn.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

Or Lipsa, that would be my guess.

We need the preview thread open!  Maybe they are only putting them on line now.

I think I may end up really liking Kathryn.

No, it was Erika. First she is asking Kathryn if she read Faye's book and suggested she should to better understand what was written about her then we see Kathryn talking to the Lisa's expressing her anger and then we see Kyle and Faye come back to the table followed by Erika. Either Erika went to the bathroom or she went to warn Faye/Kyle that Kathryn was going to confront Faye about the book.

• Love 2

So Kathryn's bio characterizes her San Diego home as her second residency but I actually suspect it's her primary house and she and Donnie moved into a rental specifically for the show. Is she Hindu or (I'm assuming right now) Buddhist? I'm not familiar with the iconography of either religion to say with any certainty what those included in the virtual tour of he r home signify.

• Love 2

So Kathryn's bio characterizes her San Diego home as her second residency but I actually suspect it's her primary house and she and Donnie moved into a rental specifically for the show. Is she Hindu or (I'm assuming right now) Buddhist? I'm not familiar with the iconography of either religion to say with any certainty what those included in the virtual tour of he r home signify.

Makes one suspect why she isn't a RHOC-connection sports wise to Meghan King Edmonds husband, geographically would be more relevant.  A willing participant  in the   OJ/Faye crap.  Even gives more credibility that this is all timed for the mini-series starting next week.

• Love 5

Noticed they updated her tag line to something about players and games, which fits her as football wife. Her original line, revealed prior to the season beginning was supposed to be something lame about always be sure to carry a handbag.

I agree with the theory that Kathryn is probably only renting the condo in Brentwood for a loose connection to the show. Her discussion with Rinna about not missing the traffic seemed to allude to the likelihood that Kathryn is only in LA to film RHOBH, not that she lives there part-time.

She kinda stumbled in her showdown with Faye, but I liked how she handled Vanderpump's newbie hazing/interrogation before the BBQ. You could tell she was (understandably) taken aback, but I thought she figured it out pretty quickly.

• Love 3

I like Kathryn but I do feel like her introduction has been inorganic and served to highlight the increasingly contrived nature of this particular edition of the franchise even beyond the entire soap operatic OJ drama. Like, it seems as if production really wants to emphasize the age difference between the Edwardses; Lisa's segue into that subject - or at least the editing of it - was heavy-handed and clumsy as hell, just like Kathryn's first remarks on the matter to the rest of the cast. This mirrors Eileen's uncharacteristically nonsensical communication of her umbrage over 'Affair'gate and the highly crafted abuse revelations. The staging and line delivery are so obvious to me this year that I almost suspect that Kathryn really hasn't thought much about Faye over the last two decades (though she probably does genuinely dislike her) and just agreed to exaggerate whatever general dubiousness she harbored over the book in order to have a full-time spot on the show. I do wonder to whom she's referring in the "don't get caught in her web" preview. I think the final teams this year are somehow going to settle with Kyle, Lisa, and Kathryn on one side of the divide and Rinna, Eileen, Yo, and Erika on the other.

• Love 4

I like Kathryn but I do feel like her introduction has been inorganic and served to highlight the increasingly contrived nature of this particular edition of the franchise even beyond the entire soap operatic OJ drama. Like, it seems as if production really wants to emphasize the age difference between the Edwardses; Lisa's segue into that subject - or at least the editing of it - was heavy-handed and clumsy as hell, just like Kathryn's first remarks on the matter to the rest of the cast. This mirrors Eileen's uncharacteristically nonsensical communication of her umbrage over 'Affair'gate and the highly crafted abuse revelations. The staging and line delivery are so obvious to me this year that I almost suspect that Kathryn really hasn't thought much about Faye over the last two decades (though she probably does genuinely dislike her) and just agreed to exaggerate whatever general dubiousness she harbored over the book in order to have a full-time spot on the show. I do wonder to whom she's referring in the "don't get caught in her web" preview. I think the final teams this year are somehow going to settle with Kyle, Lisa, and Kathryn on one side of the divide and Rinna, Eileen, Yo, and Erika on the other.

I thought the age difference was clumsy.  I don't really think all that much of a nine year difference-either way.  Obviously Kathryn goes for athletic men.  Even the description of their life left little to watch.  I get being set for life and Donnie not seguing is NFL career into broadcast, acting or running a business but is a visual medium and I it would be easier to see some connection to work.  I know he is a spokesman for World War II vets, not exactly the target audience here.  Ken works in the restaurant business, mostly he just carries around a little dog and is attentive to his wife's needs, Mauricio sells beautiful luxury homes, David is a musician, Tom is a very successful attorney with private planes, Harry Hamlin acts and is good looking, Vince has a television career, and now our newest inductee loves to travel.  I also thought it  little obvious with the "condo in Brentwood".  We have RHOBH in Malibu and ironically maybe one in BH proper, but all of a sudden we hear Brentwood-another OJ reference.  I just don't think Kathryn would have made the cut without the OJ connection.  It is kind of sad because I doubt we will ever really see who she is.

Interesting set of teams.  I hope the team divide isn't over Yolanda and her Lyme Disease.

• Love 1

I thought Donnie on the team with MA? Seems like they would know each at parties etc.

MA might of set her standards high. What is she suppose to do, go find a guy at Jiffy Lube.

As long as she wasn't involved in the break up a marriage, who cares.

God what a terrible begiNing for Kathryn. "She wrote about me. Faye wrote about me". We'll I didn't actually read it myself but she wrote about me. FAYE WROTE ABOUT ME. Let's hope she isn't on for too long

• Love 2

God what a terrible begiNing for Kathryn. "She wrote about me. Faye wrote about me". We'll I didn't actually read it myself but she wrote about me. FAYE WROTE ABOUT ME. Let's hope she isn't on for too long

Her reaction and all her posturing was a bit much BUT she did say that she didn't need to read the book because she saw/read what Faye wrote about her in the checkout line because it was plastered on the tabloids (the Enquirer) for all to see. LOL

• Love 3

It seems pretty clear that she was added last minute because some producers suddenly remembered that Faye Resnick was affiliated with the show and that The People vs. OJ Simpson was coming out.  They needed someone with a grudge or the appearance of a grudge against Faye stemming from that time period so they could more closely tie the show drama to the Simpson trial and the hype about the miniseries.

If Katherine lasts past this season I'll be shocked.

• Love 2

One thing I really wonder about.

DID Katherine know she was being brought on because of the OJ tie-in?  Or was she a bit blindsided?  She SEEMED a bit blindsided in those first scenes.

Originally I thought, "of course she knew."  After watching that first scene?  I wasn't so sure.  I mean, it's obvious to us, but was it to her?  She's not exactly a long shot for this show, they needed someone new, after dropping both Kim and Brandi.  She's got a hot, football player husband, it finally brought a little bit of color to this mostly white show, she has money, certainly more than Brandi, she travels a lot, has the shoes, handbags, and has the look, is the same age, etc.  If she honestly didn't know, she has some acting skills.

I sensed that she really GOT it during that first scene, when Lipsa awkwardly immediately brought up OJ.  The look on her face, stumbling over words, not the talking heads, her real reaction at that moment.  I felt like I was honestly seeing the dawning of "Of course, oh damn, that's why I'm here.  Shit. Fuck. Stay calm.  Breathe."  Remember, this was filmed a while ago, there wasn't as much OJ miniseries buzz as there is right now, as it's about to air.

ETA  I think Faye is less likely to have been blindsided.  Kathryn though?  Not so sure.

Anyone else? 

I'm still not sure, but my gut says she didn't know.  Faye really hasn't been on the show for a while, not in any real way.  Honestly, to be fair, I also kind of wondered a bit about Faye and that BBQ.  Her looks at Kyle were more like "WHAT THE FUCK KYLE?"  and she was downing those "these are all tequila Kyle" drinks fast.  I'd be more shocked if Faye was a bit blindsided too, but I wouldn't put anything past Kyle.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2

I think she had to know.  When something that traumatic happens in your life in your circle of friends, even if you're involved peripherally, I have to imagine it's always a possible topic of conversation when any of the players are together.  I didn't watch this episode very carefully so I didn't notice Kath's reaction. 

I hate to say, I might be out.  I'm just not finding this season to be Must See TV anymore.  My husband is a proud, proud man. LOL. 

• Love 2

I know what you mean Rye.  If you get a chance, watch it again, for both Kathryn and Faye's initial reactions.  Ignore the talking heads, just watch the actual footage.

Honestly, it never occurred to me that either one of them wouldn't know, but now?  I'm not so sure.

• Love 1

I can believe she wouldn't have realized; people are by generally pretty biased when it comes to how interesting they are in and of themselves. I remember Carol Radziwill from RHONY was really excited when Oprah wanted her on the show to talk about her book because she thought she was going to be the book club selection. And then she of course was brought back down to earth and realized that the reason people were interested is because it featured JFK jr and Carolyn Bessette, not because she'd written this amazingly insightful memoir. I think this could be a similar kind of situation.

• Love 2

One thing I really wonder about.

DID Katherine know she was being brought on because of the OJ tie-in?  Or was she a bit blindsided?  She SEEMED a bit blindsided in those first scenes.

Originally I thought, "of course she knew."  After watching that first scene?  I wasn't so sure.  I mean, it's obvious to us, but was it to her?  She's not exactly a long shot for this show, they needed someone new, after dropping both Kim and Brandi.  She's got a hot, football player husband, it finally brought a little bit of color to this mostly white show, she has money, certainly more than Brandi, she travels a lot, has the shoes, handbags, and has the look, is the same age, etc.  If she honestly didn't know, she has some acting skills.

I sensed that she really GOT it during that first scene, when Lipsa awkwardly immediately brought up OJ.  The look on her face, stumbling over words, not the talking heads, her real reaction at that moment.  I felt like I was honestly seeing the dawning of "Of course, oh damn, that's why I'm here.  Shit. Fuck. Stay calm.  Breathe."  Remember, this was filmed a while ago, there wasn't as much OJ miniseries buzz as there is right now, as it's about to air.

ETA  I think Faye is less likely to have been blindsided.  Kathryn though?  Not so sure.

Anyone else? 

I'm still not sure, but my gut says she didn't know.  Faye really hasn't been on the show for a while, not in any real way.  Honestly, to be fair, I also kind of wondered a bit about Faye and that BBQ.  Her looks at Kyle were more like "WHAT THE FUCK KYLE?"  and she was downing those "these are all tequila Kyle" drinks fast.  I'd be more shocked if Faye was a bit blindsided too, but I wouldn't put anything past Kyle.

IMO, just mine, Kathryn most likely knew about they were filming the mini series BUT I don't think she knew Faye was to be on the HW show at the same time nor that anyone in the cast would be talking about OJ/NS/murder/trial ON the show. I am sure that Faye did know about the mini series and would know that Bravo would pounce on it when they asked her back but I am not sure she knew they had hired Kathryn before she signed her Bravo contract. I don't think Faye would have any problem talking about NS/OJ or her book on the HW show just as long as no one was there to call her out on it.

I think Faye thought Kathryn would skip the non BBQ and was surprised she showed up because Kyle had already given her a heads up that she was going to invite Kathryn BEFORE the party. It would appear that Kyle didn't let Faye know that Kathryn had accepted the invitation though. LOL

• Love 1

Well, if either of them really knew, I have to say, they do "blindsided!" reactions very well.  They should be actresses.  I'm not just talking about lines here, those faces (both, in different scenes) really did look surprised and rattled.

• Love 1

Well, if either of them really knew, I have to say, they do "blindsided!" reactions very well.  They should be actresses.  I'm not just talking about lines here, those faces (both, in different scenes) really did look surprised and rattled.

They really didn't need to "act" anything IMO. I really don't think Kathryn knew Faye would be on this season OR that LisaR would bring up OJ as it was NOT how they knew each other and I don't think Faye thought that Kathryn would actually show up to the BBQ. So, SUPRISE, SUPRISE for BOTH women. LOL

• Love 1

Kathryn's "deer in the headlights" struck dumb reaction when Lipsa brought up OJ kind of made me like her a bit.  Originally, when I heard about her being on the show,  I thought she was just another Faye, capitalizing on the OJ connection to be on the show. 

Now?  I'm really not sure.  I think she could have come to the show blind about that. 

• Love 2

I don't find Kathryn's indignation at the fact that a stranger included commentary on the private dynamic of her marriage any more confounding than the recurring pearl-clutching-heavy plot points involving tabloids ("Lisa joked about bringing magazines - magazines! - on a cast trip and it imperiled my marriage - no, wait, it only made my marriage stronger; Kyle called me a bully to the paps!").

• Love 3