Type keyword(s) to search

Kathryn Edwards: Don't Act Like You Know Her When You Don't Know Her

• Start Topic

I admit that I find Kathryn as bland as white bread, so maybe I haven't paid attention. What did she say in her talking heads that was vicious? My dislike of Faye Resnick is really about how she inserts herself in conversations that have nothing to do with her at other people's events. 

In short that Faye capitalized off her best friend's murder.  That is a fairly vicious although repeated time and time again here.  But we are talking about someone she would be socializing with on the show.  I don't think Faye had any business going up to Lisa and saying what she did at Lisa's vow renewal.  Friends or not with Adrienne and Kyle she was out of place.

Faye wrote that FOR MONEY.  She could have been a good witness for Nicole's side, had she not sold her soul and her shocking stories, full of salacious details, that made her testimony worthless and suspect.  Nicole wasn't even cold when Faye launched her money making ideas.  She included shit that no children need ever know about their mother as well, and yes, kids DO grow up, but worse, hear it on TV, or from other kids at school.

She included the stuff about Kathryn because Marcus was famous, basically just repeating gossip, something allegedly Kris said (and how did Kris even know?)

I'm appalled at Faye, she is not worth forgiveness, sickening woman, continued her quest for profiting from those murders by going on TV (for money) and doing Playboy (for money.)  Then she pushed out a 2nd book!  All because her "best friend" was butchered.  Kathryn has just as much right to be sickened by Faye as anyone else, more really. 

I believe Faye was making the Marcus Allen connection because she had been told by Nicole about the relationship and she felt it was a reason, not an excuse for OJ to go off on Nicole.  She told the story not to excuse OJ but to show how insane and jealous he was.  Kris was friends with OJ and Marcus and had socialized with them for years.  Faye's comments regarding Nicole and Marcus were based on conversations she had with Nicole.  Post acquittal there were others who confirmed Nicole admitting to an affair with Marcus.  I am calling it an affair because one or the other was married or engaged at the time.   According to testimony, Faye could have made far more money by selling interviews but she elected to write a book so her story could come out.  The second book preceded her Playboy appearance.  I don't recall Faye talking about Nicole in her Playboy appearance.  It is not as if Nicole's children are required to read about their mother.  It seems they have chosen to avoid the limelight and do not want to delve into the murders according to Nicole's family.  To me, the fact that their father murdered their mother trumps anything that Faye wrote about Nicole.

Only the prosecutors are to blame for not calling Faye to the stand.  It was their strategic choice-not Faye's.  It wasn't the salacious details of Nicole's life it was that Faye had been in rehab twice and they didn't want Faye's drug history out there. Kathryn has never said she was "sickened" by Faye.  She was angry with Faye because it shed light on her adulterous husband and at the time of the revelations she was married to Marcus.    I am so hoping that Faye doesn't make a surprise appearance at the Reunion-so hoping.  This OJ stuff needs to be buried and this time Kathryn and Lisa Rinna are to blame.

• Love 3

A lot of people made money off their connection to OJ and Nicole. Faye could have made more doing it elsewhere but she wanted the story to be told as she knew it. Where is the hate for all the others who profited? It seem like the more everyone hates on Faye the more I like her....I'm not sure why but maybe it has something to due with the perception of underdog....not sure. I wasn't that way with bg, kim or yo (can't stand any of them)...maybe it is because I witnessed their atrociousness whereas I haven't with Faye

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 1

She gave up editing rights.  She chose a ghost writer that wrote for the National Enquirer.

She just wanted that money FAST, and fuck everyone else, her book had to come out FIRST.  She didn't give a damn what that book said as long as it made her money.  They ONLY reason Playboy hired her was because Nicole's head was nearly decapitated. 

• Love 8

A lot of people made money off their connection to OJ and Nicole. Faye could have made more doing it elsewhere but she wanted the story to be told as she knew it. Where is the hate for all the others who profited? It seem like the more everyone hates on Faye the more I like her....I'm not sure why but maybe it has something to due with the perception of underdog....not sure. I wasn't that way with bg, kim or yo (can't stand any of them)...maybe it is because I witnessed their atrociousness whereas I haven't with Faye

For me, Faye writing that book left a bad taste in my mouth so to speak but she has to live with that not me. Kathryn had her say and seems to have moved on, so if she can get past then maybe Faye isn't quite THAT bad after all. That said, I judge Faye by her behavior on the show and I don't find her likeable at all. There is an arrogance about her that I find laughable because I don't think she is all that but that is JMO of her. LOL

• Love 8

There's plenty of vitriol in literature and public opinion for many if not most of the parties involved in the criminal trial - from the jury to the defense team to Darden being pilloried as an "Uncle Tom" to Clark both correctly suffering backlash for her poor strategic decisions and extraneous ridiculousness like her styling choices. None of them are on this show or a similar vehicle; Kris and her brood definitely garner as much hate just for bedding black men and releasing videos of their sexual exploits. One can parse the bad behavior of basically everyone affiliated with the tragedy - as I mentioned before, I myself am not supportive of Kathryn's revisiontic flourishes nor did I really care for her coyness (or general manner) in the Access Hollywood interview about whether or not she knew beforehand that the Private Diary would function as a plot point - but, if Kathryn is herself capitalizing on the murders for a spot in the cast and a storyline (haven't concluded how I feel about that charge since her grievance is tangentially related to the killings but she has done a relatively good job of sticking to her particular beef about the book), then Faye herself is, too, since she knew perfectly well from Kyle that a confrontation and ready-made scene was on the menu when she showed up and got mic'd for filming. So, if Rinna and Kathryn are responsible for reviving the issue, Faye was just as much a participant in showing up to tape when the issue in question was percolating. And, sure, Faye's history of substance abuse certainly gave Clark and co pause; according to Toobin's book, they did not definitively eliminate Faye as a witness until her media blitz - and one has to discount the fact that they summarily jettisoned the prospect of putting on the stand anyone who had sold their stories to television or other outlets (like the woman with whom OJ almost collided when flooring the Bronco away from Bundy) in order to contend that the Private Diary attention-grab had nothing to do with sinking the likelihood that Faye would be called to testify. Also, the fact remains that Faye herself has peddled the premise that Clark asked her to serve as a witness but that fear OJ might slaughter her, Faye, factored into her decision to literally flee across the country in order to collaborate with a tabloid writer. And where did anyone suggest that Sydney and Justin were "required" to read the tell-all? Tamra Barney maintains that she's unimpeachable as a mother because her children aren't permitted to watch her softcore bathtub efforts at showing just how "hot" she is; doesn't mean her behavior, as her eldest daughter has asserted (or Christine Staub), doesn't make it back to them and/or generate a problematic impact.

• Love 1

My point is that the children were not required to indulge in the writings about their parents it is their choice.  So when someone claims it something a child should never read about their mother, I am simply pointing out the obvious, they are not required to read it.  My opinion of Nicole is simple-she did nothing to warrant being murdered.  I don't care if she loved black men, dabbled in threesomes,  girl on girl,  snorted a little cocaine.  Someone putting it in writing does not make me care.  Nor does someone telling me my opinion of a murder victim should change because of her reported behavior.  All I read on this site is what Faye wrote about Nicole.  What did Faye write about OJ?  Wasn't the point of the book Faye's observations of Nicole and OJ?  Never a sentence about OJ.  Just the same five areas, over and over again about behavior Nicole engaged in and Faye repeated. 

This is Kathryn's thread and Kathryn apparently wanted to make a splash when she came on the show.  I thought Rinna's comment was way out of line, which got the ball rolling.  What would have happened if Kathryn said nothing to Faye?  Would she have lost her spot on the show? 

• Love 4

And I don't see what was unusual about Kathryn's initial and continuing support of OJ during his criminal trial; lots of OJ and Nicole's mutual friends rallied behind him until the DNA testimony - sticking behind unpopular pals who are transparently villainous to others is what Faye's friend Kyle has done herself.

I've no comment for the rest of your lengthy post, but this part seems a bit unfair. No matter how one feels about Faye, to compare her actions to those of a man who butchered two people, and left his children unattended and most likely to find their dead mother the next day ...... Not even in the same universe, IMO.

And as to OJ's and Nicole's friends rallying around OJ, I assume they stuck with the money. Which is what usually happens. I give his friends little to no credit.

• Love 3

I find myself defending her because her actions weren't indefensible. I think also because I keep reading about the same five "bad" acts she wrote about Nicole.  Never the positive she wrote about Nicole or the negative about OJ.  She moved past the time in her life and developed a business, friends, some who stood by her and some new ones.  Marcia Clark signed a $4 million dollar contract pre-verdict.  To me, some of her behavior was very questionable, passing mash notes back and forth to Chris Darden during testimony, sleeping with a subordinate, not attending meetings with co-counsel and DNA experts.   These behaviors had a direct effect on the case in chief, according to co-counsel.

I've no comment for the rest of your lengthy post, but this part seems a bit unfair. No matter how one feels about Faye, to compare her actions to those of a man who butchered two people, and left his children unattended and most likely to find their dead mother the next day ...... Not even in the same universe, IMO.

And as to OJ's and Nicole's friends rallying around OJ, I assume they stuck with the money. Which is what usually happens. I give his friends little to no credit.

Kathryn may have substituted players but she stayed with the money.  I hope at some point Kathryn will put in perspective that present day Faye's account of Kris Jenner's account of her relationship with Marcus Allen has very little to do with her life.

• Love 2

What did Marcia get for that money?

Was it the book deal?

It was her book deal and does not take into account the money she made from personal appearances.  I think what makes me nuts about Marcia Clark is she was a criminal defense attorney, became a deputy DA, because she wanted "justice for the victims" made a bundle off losing a case and now is back to being a criminal defense attorney.  What happened to her justice for the victims?  (I have nothing against criminal defense attorney they are a valuable and necessary part of our justice system.)

• Love 3

It was her book deal and does not take into account the money she made from personal appearances.  I think what makes me nuts about Marcia Clark is she was a criminal defense attorney, became a deputy DA, because she wanted "justice for the victims" made a bundle off losing a case and now is back to being a criminal defense attorney.  What happened to her justice for the victims?  (I have nothing against criminal defense attorney they are a valuable and necessary part of our justice system.)

If you recall, she also became a legal correspondent with Entertainment Tonight very soon after the trial.

Whatever happened with Darden?

It is Kathryn's dodging and avoiding the issue that she was essentially Team OJ until she wasn't.

Not on the show she didn't, because it wasn't the issue at hand in her scenes with TMCFR (and shouldn't have been). Kathryn wasn't the one capitalizing on the case back in the day, so I don't understand why she needs to explain any past position she may have taken.

Faye believed she was truly doing the right thing by outing OJ and his abusiveness when others stood mute.

Yeah, according to Faye. Who's to say what her true intentions were?

Eta: Corrected typo.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 3

Having witnessed the Bronco chase, arrest, arraignment, trial, and verdict, I suspect that OJ and Nicole's friends were simply in denial - which a huge section of the American public were also in at the time. In hindsight, it is easy to say, he was obviously guilty. But, at the time, there were large sections of people who just couldn't fathom that he was even capable of doing it. There was the public perception of OJ as a winner, a kid who came from nothing and made himself into an icon. It didn't jibe with the perception of a cold blooded killer. DNA as evidence was still being received with skepticism. His friends most likely really believed that he was innocent until they couldn't believe that anymore. I don't think it was about the money for a lot of them - sure it probably was for some. But, I think they simply didn't want to believe that he could have possibly done such a heinous thing.

• Love 6

Not on the show she didn't, because it wasn't the issue at hand in her scenes with TMCFR (and shouldn't have been). Kathryn wasn't the one capitalizing on the case back in the day, so I don't understand why she needs to explain any past position she may have taken.

Yeah, according to Faye. Whose to say what her true intentions were?

Then perhaps if she didn't want to discuss the case and her past association with it she should not have brought it up to Faye.  I think Billy Bush agrees with me.  You can't sit there and point a finger at someone about their involvement and say you will remember what someone said about you 20 years ago like it was yesterday.  When asked about her involvement, mentioned in OJ suicide note, which was read to the world, visiting OJ in jail, attending the Team OJ meetings, suddenly it was a long time ago and Kathryn did not want to go there. 

If you ask what someone's intentions are and they answer then I guess you have to assume them to be true.  Otherwise, why ask?  Faye essentially didn't write a book she told her story to an author who had total editorial control.  I am just one of those people who does not believe because a person was paid for their "story" they are automatically lying.  In all fairness to Faye, she was out of pocket some expenses related to OJ-she had to hire an attorney because of the OJ machine-the very machine Kathryn supported. 

Having witnessed the Bronco chase, arrest, arraignment, trial, and verdict, I suspect that OJ and Nicole's friends were simply in denial - which a huge section of the American public were also in at the time. In hindsight, it is easy to say, he was obviously guilty. But, at the time, there were large sections of people who just couldn't fathom that he was even capable of doing it. There was the public perception of OJ as a winner, a kid who came from nothing and made himself into an icon. It didn't jibe with the perception of a cold blooded killer. DNA as evidence was still being received with skepticism. His friends most likely really believed that he was innocent until they couldn't believe that anymore. I don't think it was about the money for a lot of them - sure it probably was for some. But, I think they simply didn't want to believe that he could have possibly done such a heinous thing.

Very early on it was announced blood from both victims was found at Rockingham-as in the first couple of weeks and of course in OJ's Bronco.

• Love 2

Very early on it was announced blood from both victims was found at Rockingham-as in the first couple of weeks and of course in OJ's Bronco.

Yes, I remember that. But, I don't think it changes my original statement. People, not just OJ's friends, but large sections of the American public, were in denial about him even being capable of committing such a heinous crime. I was a sophomore in College when this happened, and I remember one of my College professors denying the DNA evidence. OJ's friends weren't the only people in denial about his guilt. There were people who honestly believed he was innocent and celebrated the not guilty verdict, because IMO, they simply wanted to believe that he was innocent. 

I remember watching the verdict in my dorm room and hearing people cheering up and down the hall while my roommate and I sat in shocked silence. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 4

I can't believe that anyone would sign up for a reality show without watching prior episodes first....unless you 'desperately' want fame or need the money.  I also can't believe that someone would confront an author about a book that mentions you when you haven't even read what was written about you.  You just come across as not so intelligent.

Y'know, I was having the same thought about Katherine.  She just seems . . . yeah, not so bright.  Right away I got the overall impression that she's never had very many interests in her life (outside of banging pro athletes, shopping,for obscenely expensive handbags and getting beauty treatments) And she's still stressing over Faye's book why??

Yeah I guess Faye wrote a sentence in her book to the effect that Katherine was the "turn a blind eye" (not the other cheek, genius!) type of wife to Marcus Allen. But Katherine can't even quote what was written that she finds so odious.  I read the book eons ago and for the life of me I don't remember that part, but okay.

Since Katherine's marriage to Marcus Allen has been OVER for a long time, why she would STILL have blood in her eye and want to tear out Fay's lungs eludes me.  Pitiful.

Oh, and P.S.  While I understand the reasons people in that circle didn't appreciate Faye's book, I thought the book did the rest of us a service by throwing much-deserved shade on the hero-worship that OJ enjoyed for so many years.  Some of that undoubtedly spilled over onto Marcus Allen and Katherine, but one does get judged by the company one keeps.  She DID divorce Marcus for being a lying cheat, so I don't see that it's such a big leap to believing Marcus was cheating with Nicole.  Nicole's history shows she was no angel either.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 1
Then perhaps if she didn't want to discuss the case and her past association with it she should not have brought it up to Faye.

​Kathryn didn't bring up the case to Faye; she brought up being mentioned in the book (it's now Mike Walker's book?), which was in relation to Kathryn's relationship with her ex, not the murder.

(As far as Billy Bush, he played no part in the case and isn't on this show, so what he believes has no bearing for me.)

I am just one of those people who does not believe because a person was paid for their "story" they are automatically lying.

​I've never said that what was written in the book wasn't true.

• Love 4

​Kathryn didn't bring up the case to Faye; she brought up being mentioned in the book (it's now Mike Walker's book?), which was in relation to Kathryn's relationship with her ex, not the murder.

(As far as Billy Bush, he played no part in the case and isn't on this show, so what he believes has no bearing for me.)

​I've never said that what was written in the book wasn't true.

Well the book was about OJ Simpson, Nicole Simpson and the murders. Marcus Allen's banging Nicole was a theory of the motive for the  murder.  The book wasn't about Kathryn's marriage-perhaps if Kathryn had read the book or at least the paragraph mentioning her name should would have better approached the subject-or better yet asked Kris Jenner.  Kathryn mentioned Faye capitalizing off the murder of her best friend. It is about the OJ Simpson case.  The point of bringing up Billy Bush, is Kathryn used Faye and her writings about the murders as a springboard and when asked about her relationship with OJ she backed off.  Billy Bush may not be on the show but he was interviewing her as a RHOBH.   Again this is deflecting from the meat of the matter.  Something both Kathryn and Faye have decided to do.  Had Kathryn not brought it up I am sure someone else on the show would have.

• Love 1

Wow it was 22 years ago now that Nicole was killed.  If Kathryn was pissed about what Faye wrote about her, that was the time to have a go/send a stiffly-worded letter/sue for libel.  Everyone has moved on from this except the poor Brown and Goldman families.  Kathryn was never part of the main action of the story.  She was a bit-player then as she's a bit-player now.  She got lucky because OJ was feeling sentimental in that 'suicide note' and mentioned her.  That is her piss-poor claim to fame.  She should thank Faye for prolonging it.  Slightly.

• Love 2

Then perhaps if she didn't want to discuss the case and her past association with it she should not have brought it up to Faye.  I think Billy Bush agrees with me.  You can't sit there and point a finger at someone about their involvement and say you will remember what someone said about you 20 years ago like it was yesterday.  When asked about her involvement, mentioned in OJ suicide note, which was read to the world, visiting OJ in jail, attending the Team OJ meetings, suddenly it was a long time ago and Kathryn did not want to go there. 

If you ask what someone's intentions are and they answer then I guess you have to assume them to be true.  Otherwise, why ask?  Faye essentially didn't write a book she told her story to an author who had total editorial control.  I am just one of those people who does not believe because a person was paid for their "story" they are automatically lying.  In all fairness to Faye, she was out of pocket some expenses related to OJ-she had to hire an attorney because of the OJ machine-the very machine Kathryn supported. 

For me, I keep going back to the fact that Faye was an active addict when all this happened and it isn't so much that I think she "lied" but that I question if her memories are that accurate to begin with. I really doubt that her co-author took any time to fact check before rushing it to publication, so IMO, some of the private, more salacious tidbits are questionable based on that alone. JMO

• Love 4

Yes, I remember that. But, I don't think it changes my original statement. People, not just OJ's friends, but large sections of the American public, were in denial about him even being capable of committing such a heinous crime. I was a sophomore in College when this happened, and I remember one of my College professors denying the DNA evidence. OJ's friends weren't the only people in denial about his guilt. There were people who honestly believed he was innocent and celebrated the not guilty verdict, because IMO, they simply wanted to believe that he was innocent. 

I remember watching the verdict in my dorm room and hearing people cheering up and down the hall while my roommate and I sat in shocked silence. 

Long before DNA evidence murder cases were made on blood types.  I agree the DNA was a long part of the trial but before DNA jurors had to settle for blood types. 

I think it is okay to just operate off the presumption if innocence which the jury is required to do until verdict and at the same time Kathryn needs to stop shuffling around the question.  I think they stopped supporting OJ when OJ asked Marcus to testify as to his affair with Nicole.  I am not certain when that was in the timeline.  To me, it was more about the situation becoming uncomfortable for Marcus' life, marriage, career than some epiphany that OJ was guilty.

• Love 3
Kathryn mentioned Faye capitalizing off the murder of her best friend.

​Well, that's what Faye did. It's not like she and her cooch would've been on the the public's radar if Nicole hadn't been butchered to death.

• Love 3

​Well, that's what Faye did. It's not like she and her cooch would've been on the the public's radar if Nicole hadn't been butchered to death.

So Kathryn did not just bring it up because it was about her marriage.  She went after Faye first and then was disappointed to learn that there was really nothing there about her.

• Love 1

So Kathryn did not just bring it up because it was about her marriage.  She went after Faye first and then was disappointed to learn that there was really nothing there about her.

IMO, just mine, Kathryn bringing up THE book to Faye was all production just as LisaR's comment upon seeing her for the first time in years was to bring up OJ. LOL

• Love 5

To me the next couple of weeks will define Kathryn.  So far she has been a contradiction but I can only assume, like Wire, said-production.  Now that she has spent some time and isn't the sacrificial, designated pot stirrer then we can see what she is made of.

• Love 5

IMO, just mine, Kathryn bringing up THE book to Faye was all production just as LisaR's comment upon seeing her for the first time in years was to bring up OJ. LOL

Yeah, this production driven RHoBH "THE book" storyline doesn't come close to the success of RHoNJ "Tha Book" storyline. You'd think actresses could deliver a story better than Jersey housewives. Guess its just a bad script.

• Love 5

Nowhere in my post did I directly compare the respective malfeasance of Faye and OJ. I noted that concerted and concentrated loyalty among friends to the point of myopia and/or disregard for public opinion is not inherently an objectionable impulse. Kyle has often been lauded, even by those who find her general personality intolerable, for her fidelity to almost uniformly reviled figures like Taylor (another pal who made a desperate grab for some body on the grave of a loved one and subsequently tried to dress it up as some sort of philanthropic passion project) and Faye. I can't disagree with that admiration - as for OJ, most of the friends he and Nicole shared, as I wrote,  didn't begin abandoning him until the damning DNA evidence. Were it unilaterally about following money - and why would it be, since lots of their cohort like Kris Jenner were prosperous in their own right? - conclusive proof about his guilty would have little do with continuing to rally behind their cash cow.

All of which is to say that I see nothing questionable nor definitively horrific about Kathryn and Marcus initially publicly standing by the man at whose home they were married - to me, it's an attribute when one is capable of remaining faithful to one's coterie in the face of opprobrium. And, although I have no idea when specifically OJ's guilt first became undeniable to Kathryn, I see no ambiguity in her present position - she said in her Access Hollywood that "you never want to think" those about whom you care have the facility for such heinous acts.

And Kathryn's salvo against Faye amounted to "don't act like you don't know the details about my romantic relationships when you don't,' so, provided that she continues to stick to that point of contention, I see no more deflection in her aversion to discussing her alliance with the defense any more than in Faye's efforts to reduce and conflate debate about the book to "having a conversation" about the friend it's NOW too painful to discuss.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 1

The big difference between the two situations is Kathryn raised the issue and demanded a response.  She did so in a group of people who were virtual strangers.  Faye at least was friends or acquainted with the hostess and of course LVP.  Faye did not raise the OJ trial, Nicole or her book, or Marcus.  That is on Kathryn.  And I might add Lisa Rinna.  Who runs around saying, "when I saw you, I think of OJ," or calls out her first marriage of over 15 years ago?  Same thing with Kyle asking, "do you know Faye Resnick?"  Childish and boorish. 

I happen to think if you have a story to tell about something make it topical.  Taylor waiting three years would not have made sense.  She was in the process of divorcing Russell when he died.  The domestic abuse wasn't a secret, Camille had previously disclosed for her. Faye's relationship with Nicole would have had little meaning after the verdict.  Both Faye and Taylor are advocates of anti-domestic violence campaigns.  Brandi would have told her story sooner but she could not get it picked up until she was RHOBH. So slams about in the right now fall by the wayside to me.  I don't like old news.  When people are witnesses to a death they do exactly what Faye and Taylor did, they tell their story when it is fresh, usually to a cop.  I just don't see the difference.  Maybe it was cathartic for them to put in their own words.

There was plenty of blood evidence within a month of the murders.  I find it hard to believe there were these discerning people that wanted to weigh the DNA evidence and the experts as it applied to the blood evidence vs. the DNA evidence presented at the prelim.  Again Kathryn has never said the DNA changed her mind-she refuses to address as it applies to her except to go after Faye's words.   

• Love 3

Absolutely - Lisa's first comment about OJ was so obviously a production point.
  • Love 8

Absolutely - Lisa's first comment about OJ was so obviously a production point.

To me it would be like running into Seth MacFarlane and saying, "when I saw you 9/11 comes to mind."  What kind of freak associates a tragedy with running into an acquaintance?

• Love 5

The big difference between the two situations is Kathryn raised the issue and demanded a response.  She did so in a group of people who were virtual strangers.  Faye at least was friends or acquainted with the hostess and of course LVP.  Faye did not raise the OJ trial, Nicole or her book, or Marcus.  That is on Kathryn.  And I might add Lisa Rinna.  Who runs around saying, "when I saw you, I think of OJ," or calls out her first marriage of over 15 years ago?  Same thing with Kyle asking, "do you know Faye Resnick?"  Childish and boorish. 

I happen to think if you have a story to tell about something make it topical.  Taylor waiting three years would not have made sense.  She was in the process of divorcing Russell when he died.  The domestic abuse wasn't a secret, Camille had previously disclosed for her. Faye's relationship with Nicole would have had little meaning after the verdict.  Both Faye and Taylor are advocates of anti-domestic violence campaigns.  Brandi would have told her story sooner but she could not get it picked up until she was RHOBH. So slams about in the right now fall by the wayside to me.  I don't like old news.  When people are witnesses to a death they do exactly what Faye and Taylor did, they tell their story when it is fresh, usually to a cop.  I just don't see the difference.  Maybe it was cathartic for them to put in their own words.

There was plenty of blood evidence within a month of the murders.  I find it hard to believe there were these discerning people that wanted to weigh the DNA evidence and the experts as it applied to the blood evidence vs. the DNA evidence presented at the prelim.  Again Kathryn has never said the DNA changed her mind-she refuses to address as it applies to her except to go after Faye's words.   

Really, at no time did Kathryn bring up THE book, OJ or Faye herself until she spoke directly to Faye. Every single other time it was brought up by someone else OR she mentioned it as part of the conversation about Faye. LisaR brought OJ up when we first "met" Kathryn, Kyle brought up Faye to Kathryn the second time and she (Kathryn) then mentioned THE book and finally, at Kyle's BBQ, LisaR brought it/OJ up the third time. I believe that LisaV said that Kathryn asked if Faye was going to the BBQ herself in that weeks blog but I don't remember hearing her actually ask the question in the episode but I may have missed it. Oh, and she did comment about Faye at the anniversary party when she over heard Kyle grilling LisaV, if she was nice to Faye even though she already knew the answer to that question from Faye herself. Since then, she really hasn't talked about it at all, so I think the OJ link was ALL producer driven for ALL of the HWs, including Kathryn.

• Love 5

To me it would be like running into Seth MacFarlane and saying, "when I saw you 9/11 comes to mind."  What kind of freak associates a tragedy with running into an acquaintance?

Maybe Bravo gives them a bonus for each awkward production point they're willing to insert into a conversation.

• Love 8

Maybe Bravo gives them a bonus for each awkward production point they're willing to insert into a conversation.

No kidding, in the case of Kathryn I think it was a shot at becoming a RH. 

It would have been so much more interesting had someone said, when I see you Kathryn I think of driftwood.

• Love 4
So Kathryn did not just bring it up because it was about her marriage. She went after Faye first and then was disappointed to learn that there was really nothing there about her.

IIRC, Kathryn didn't bring it up directly to Faye in discussion, but as an aside. And, when/how did Kathryn show disappointment?

I still don't get how Kathryn and others are "vicious" for pointing out the truth as they see it - that Faye capitalized on her friend's murder - yet, Faye should somehow be patted on the back for said capitalization just because she took the stance that O.J. was guilty.

I don't like old news.

Then Kathryn's supposed support of O.J. twenty years ago (and any avoiding she does on the matter, presently) shouldn't be an issue.

• Love 2

Personally, I see a pretty substantive difference between relaying information to a cop and the "catharsis" of running to the other end of the country and contractually surrendering editorial control over the presentation of that information to an emeritus of The National Enquirer.

• Love 3

IIRC, Kathryn didn't bring it up directly to Faye in discussion, but as an aside. And, when/how did Kathryn show disappointment?

I still don't get how Kathryn and others are "vicious" for pointing out the truth as they see it - that Faye capitalized on her friend's murder - yet, Faye should somehow be patted on the back for said capitalization just because she took the stance that O.J. was guilty.

Then Kathryn's supposed support of O.J. twenty years ago (and any avoiding she does on the matter, presently) shouldn't be an issue.

Kathryn said she was disappointed with the conversation.  I take that to mean she was disappointed.

It certainly was benign or a compliment what Kathryn said about Faye and her book.   How about not bringing the book up?  I don't see it as capitalizing on a friend's murder so to me it is a vicious statement.

If she doesn't want it to be an issue don't bring up the book to Faye.  Better yet tell Rinna you are horribly offended by the OJ flash comment and tell Kyle it is ancient history.  Granted that is telling a lot of people off but don't bring it up and keep giving interviews about the subject.

Personally, I see a pretty substantive difference between relaying information to a cop and the "catharsis" of running to the other end of the country and contractually surrendering editorial control over the presentation of that information to an emeritus of The National Enquirer.

You can do both.  Cops write books about their experience on a case and the various witnesses and suspects and get paid for it, why shouldn't the person relaying the information and experiencing it  get paid for it.  Reporters get paid, camerapersons get paid, editors get paid, publishers make money

If Faye told her story to an author from the Washington Post or New York Times would it make her less morally corrupt?  It is the path she chose and the one that got her story out there.

In short, I was not shocked nor did I think badly of Nicole because her private life was revealed.  There was nothing coming out of Faye's book that was shocking.  This is the story of an 18 year old young woman who fell for a married football player, announcer, actor and pursued him until her desired goal of marrying an having children with him. What I did learn from Faye is that Nicole had started to turn a corner and detach from OJ, not because of physical or emotional abuse, infidelity but because he was threatening her financially and she finally was able to see the big picture.  So I didn't think poorly of Faye-she wanted the world to know what a bastard OJ had been to Nicole.

What I don't get is people saying Nicole was entitled to live the life she lived as described by Faye, but Faye is a bad friend for being candid about her friend because other people might think poorly of Nicole.   That is on "those people", not me, not Faye. 

• Love 1

Kathryn said she was disappointed with the conversation.  I take that to mean she was disappointed.

It certainly was benign or a compliment what Kathryn said about Faye and her book.   How about not bringing the book up?  I don't see it as capitalizing on a friend's murder so to me it is a vicious statement.

If she doesn't want it to be an issue don't bring up the book to Faye.  Better yet tell Rinna you are horribly offended by the OJ flash comment and tell Kyle it is ancient history.  Granted that is telling a lot of people off but don't bring it up and keep giving interviews about the subject.

You can do both.  Cops write books about their experience on a case and the various witnesses and suspects and get paid for it, why shouldn't the person relaying the information and experiencing it  get paid for it.  Reporters get paid, camerapersons get paid, editors get paid, publishers make money

If Faye told her story to an author from the Washington Post or New York Times would it make her less morally corrupt?  It is the path she chose and the one that got her story out there.

In short, I was not shocked nor did I think badly of Nicole because her private life was revealed.  There was nothing coming out of Faye's book that was shocking.  This is the story of an 18 year old young woman who fell for a married football player, announcer, actor and pursued him until her desired goal of marrying an having children with him. What I did learn from Faye is that Nicole had started to turn a corner and detach from OJ, not because of physical or emotional abuse, infidelity but because he was threatening her financially and she finally was able to see the big picture.  So I didn't think poorly of Faye-she wanted the world to know what a bastard OJ had been to Nicole.

What I don't get is people saying Nicole was entitled to live the life she lived as described by Faye, but Faye is a bad friend for being candid about her friend because other people might think poorly of Nicole.   That is on "those people", not me, not Faye. 

If Faye had collaborated with a Times or Post reporter, yes, she would have produced a manifesto more consistent with her nominal intentions. Extensive fact-checking would have been performed. Articulation of themes that supposedly inspired the text but are completely absent from it - like a defense of female sexual independence, a thoughtful and considered address of the transposition of weird cultural necessities like behavioral purity onto domestic violence victims - would probably have been more thoroughly realized. But then those processes would have probably proved temporally prohibitive and prevented Faye from releasing the first high-profile book on the subject. In any case, it's clear to me she didn't really care all that much what made it onto shelves since she relinquished her editorial in-put.

As to your last point, that's where the concept of consent comes in for me. If an adult woman wants to gobble drugs, use them recreationally, or refrain from them entirely; if she wants to perform fellatio on strangers or wait until marriage before having sex; if she wants to exclusively bed men of other races, it's all her right. Privacy about and autonomy over those decisions is, too, and people in the same social network don't suddenly derive purview over those matters from unexpected death.

• Love 1

So Kathryn is still a bit of a mixed bag.  I get that she has a hearing disability, but I do think she did manage to convey the essence of Erika's conversation to LVP.  Coupled with sitting through the lunch Yolanda once again hijacked, I do think Kathryn is following Erika's lead with the delivery of Erika's message.  The flexing of the muscle was both funny and odd.  Erika of doughy body seemed to off put by the display.  Erika who performs pretty much naked.

I was less impressed with her performance on WWHL.  Faye should not have written a book because she was in rehab at the time of the murders?  She was also on the phone with Nicole shortly before the murders and Nicole was speaking of OJ, her soon to be murderer.  Because a person uses drugs prescription or otherwise does not automatically make their recollection questionable.  Same with people who have mental illnesses not everything they relay is suspect.   Faye had been through detox. 

In California the basis for fighting a subpoena is the person lives outside the county of issuance or more than 150 miles away.  I believe at the time of both the criminal and civil trials Marcus and Kathryn lived in Kansas City.    I don't expect Kathryn to come clean about her marriage to Marcus Allen to satisfy the OJ questions since she divorced and moved on and moved on very quickly to Donnie but she has to stop with the kind of half  of the situation statements.  I can readily understand that neither she nor Marcus wanted to testify. 

I was thinking because of the talk surrounding her first marriage Kathryn might be more sympathetic towards Eileen than LVP.  Apparently not.

• Love 1

So Kathryn is still a bit of a mixed bag.  I get that she has a hearing disability, but I do think she did manage to convey the essence of Erika's conversation to LVP.  Coupled with sitting through the lunch Yolanda once again hijacked, I do think Kathryn is following Erika's lead with the delivery of Erika's message.  The flexing of the muscle was both funny and odd.  Erika of doughy body seemed to off put by the display.  Erika who performs pretty much naked.

So far this season, we have seen Eileen runtelldat at least once, Erika runtelldat twice and now Kathryn runtelldat once. AND that is just what we have seen, I have to wonder how much it is really happening. I have to wonder if these 3 think it will help them secure another season on the show if they do this. LOL

• Love 3

In California the basis for fighting a subpoena is the person lives outside the county of issuance or more than 150 miles away.  I believe at the time of both the criminal and civil trials Marcus and Kathryn lived in Kansas City.    I don't expect Kathryn to come clean about her marriage to Marcus Allen to satisfy the OJ questions since she divorced and moved on and moved on very quickly to Donnie but she has to stop with the kind of half  of the situation statements.  I can readily understand that neither she nor Marcus wanted to testify. 

I was thinking because of the talk surrounding her first marriage Kathryn might be more sympathetic towards Eileen than LVP.  Apparently not.

Hey Zoeysmom, what was the deal with testifying? For some reason, I thought she fought subpoena to testify for the defense.. I could totally understand her not wanting to testify on OJ's behalf, but some of the things I am reading here are saying she should have testified out of respect for Nicole. I don't know if I am misremembering, or if there is just general confusion over which side she was subpoenaed to testify for. 

• Love 1

Hey Zoeysmom, what was the deal with testifying? For some reason, I thought she fought subpoena to testify for the defense.. I could totally understand her not wanting to testify on OJ's behalf, but some of the things I am reading here are saying she should have testified out of respect for Nicole. I don't know if I am misremembering, or if there is just general confusion over which side she was subpoenaed to testify for. 

We don't even know what trial she is referring to.  Could have been the civil trial.  It is not uncommon for both sides to blanket with subpoenas.  Did Kathryn ever talk to anyone from the DA"s office?  Kathryn has never mentioned Nicole as a friend or having any respect for her-she is someone she knew who got caught up in a shitstorm a year after she married Marcus. 

You don't testify for or against a side you testify to the truth.  Granted you can't call a witness and then try and impeach their testimony but Kathryn may or may not have had something to testify about.  One thing is for certain she would not be testifying to what Kris Jenner said about her turning a blind eye.

I think Kathryn needs back away slowly from anymore OJ talk-she should be promoting the show or talking about whatever causes she and Donnie are promoting.  It would be like talking to David Foster about Linda Thompson and how she felt about her sons' father transitioning.  It is kind of disrespectful to Donnie to keep bringing up Kathryn's life with Marcus.

• Love 1

I set up the OJ thread because of Faye.  Kathryn was a part of it but I think her recent musings about OJ belong on her thread.  It has become part of her show persona, unfortunately.  I am beginning to feel for the woman having asserted herself as such a badass and then having these women crawl out of the woodwork who Marcus put hits on during her marriage and courtship with the guy.    At some point she needs to let go of the Marcus is a nice guy fantasy.  At this rate Marcus may surpass Slade in bagged real housewives.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

And who are those people that you are referring to, in that sentence??????

• Love 1