Type keyword(s) to search

Kathryn Edwards: Don't Act Like You Know Her When You Don't Know Her

• Start Topic

Kathryn has left the Internet! LOL, don't think she'll last long with this bunch.

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/03/07/kathryn-edwards-cyberbullied-quits-twitter-instagram-after-nasty-attacks/

This is reminiscent of when both Faye AND Taylor/Kennedy got death threats against them on twitter.  Taylor called the police and reported it and started blocking like crazy and Kyle came clean about Taylor/Kennedy in her blog and on twitter. Faye made her twitter private then made it public a year later but before the season started up, she went private again. IMO, all Kathryn needed to do was go private if she has had twitter for a while but maybe she only had it for the show. I really don't think Kathryn is cut out for this type of show BUT, that in NO WAY excuses ignorant people getting as nasty/ugly like they were to her, Faye or Taylor/Kennedy. Some people get like rabid animals on twitter. I read her twitter page and people were ugly, ugly, cruel to her and IMO, these were Yolanda/Erika/Brandi fans because many of these same people/profiles were tweeting things of support to those 3 idiots.

• Love 6

^^

Unreal, it is like a bunch of hyenas attacking a bunny.

were the other housewives encouraging their fans to attack at their nemesis on Twitter as well?

I just heard an interview on stars radio with Erika, and she came across very poorly.

Not fake as much as pretentious and utterly unlikable.

Tell will tell.

• Love 4

^^

Unreal, it is like a bunch of hyenas attacking a bunny.

were the other housewives encouraging their fans to attack at their nemesis on Twitter as well?

I just heard an interview on stars radio with Erika, and she came across very poorly.

Not fake as much as pretentious and utterly unlikable.

Tell will tell.

No, no one was encouraging them to attack, but they were liking and agreeing what was being tweeted to them, especially Erika and Brandi. Yolanda usually does not respond to tweets unless that person claims they have an "invisible disease" themselves or someone they love does. It really doesn't take much to bring out the crazies on twitter and Brandi has some of the craziest of them all!

• Love 4

What was the gist of what was said to Kathryn?  I thought it a little inappropriate that Debra Messing started off WWHL with WTF were you thinking?

How horrible she is, how nasty she is, how they want her off the show, it was relentless and some said some pretty ugly things about her looks, marriage, family (mother/parents) and that they wished her harm. It was ugly, although no one threatened to harm her like someone did Faye/Taylor/Kennedy.

I had to laugh, Messing tweeted that LisaV is a liar, that she told lies about Kyle in season 2, to Eileen of all people. She got called out by those that like/defend Lisa and they wanted specific lies and of course Messing backtracked by saying all she meant is that EVERYONE lies, including LisaV but that she DIDN'T know of any specific lie Lisa told about Kyle OR any other HW. LOL Messing is as big a HW fan as they come and she can get pretty heated on twitter like others that I consider crazy! LOL IMO, Messing will defend a fellow working actress no matter what. LOL

• Love 3

I'm not sure if Kathryn's exit from social media is as dramatic a measure as it may initially seem - I Googled her during the fall prior to the season premiere because I was interested in learning more about her after reading reports of her casting and she had virtually no Internet footprint. No Twitter, and her Instagram had clearly been recently created. She has offered no indication that she is interested in peddling products so it's unlikely that she needs the accounts in question for any personal reasons. I also noticed that, unlike, say, Eileen or Carole Radziwill, she never posted attention-grabbing statements or went out of her way to directly engage with and/or antagonize her detractors. It's really bizarre that such a negligible offense of the nature that Kathryn nominally perpetrated against a fellow newbie elicited such a vitriolic response.

• Love 7
(edited)

I don't understand ANYONE harassing people on the internet, or calling their employers, or threatening their living by contacting sponsors of their programs, or any of that shit.

For crying out loud people, just because you are anonymous doesn't mean you lose your perspective!  This is a stupid, silly, staged, reality TV show.  What is wrong with them?  "Hate" them on silly messages boards, but don't harass them in real life.  Good God. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 12
(edited)

No, no one was encouraging them to attack, but they were liking and agreeing what was being tweeted to them, especially Erika and Brandi. Yolanda usually does not respond to tweets unless that person claims they have an "invisible disease" themselves or someone they love does. It really doesn't take much to bring out the crazies on twitter and Brandi has some of the craziest of them all!

That is despicable!

I wonder if bg got mean tweets after her tampon incident and if the other HWs liked those tweets. IIRC they all banded together to support her and maybe only Joyce (after being bullied non-stop by bg during that season, might have said on sentence at the reunion about it). I think the cast should be professional (LOL, or at least humane) and not like hateful tweets. I can see liking a funny semi-mean quip (snark) but not full on hate. If they roll in the gutter then they are trash. This is much worse then repeating something said on camera (not like there were close friends or even had a long history of acquaintance. It's not like bg & Erika stood by doing nothing since if they liked it/agreed with it then that promoting bullying/hating.

I don't even like Kathryn but I am feeling bad for her. Thick skin may be needed but even with thick skin, most people doesn't like to be hated. Also what she did, no matter what side one is on, really shouldn't generate this level of animosity (only Yo deserves it....lol, j/k kind of)

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 3

I wonder whether any of this vitriol against Kathryn is -- heaven forbid -- racist in nature.  I believe that Twitter forbids racism in comments, but anyone with hate in their heart for Kathryn for marrying two black men could come down hard on her for other reasons.  Both Faye and Brandi could  have elicited the same feelings in people dedicated to the separation of races.  It's an ugly thought, but it's a fact of life, unfortunately.

• Love 3

That is despicable!

I wonder if bg got mean tweets after her tampon incident and if the other HWs liked those tweets. IIRC they all banded together to support her and maybe only Joyce (after being bullied non-stop by bg during that season, might have said on sentence at the reunion about it). I think the cast should be professional (LOL, or at least humane) and not like hateful tweets. I can see liking a funny semi-mean quip (snark) but not full on hate. If they roll in the gutter then they are trash. This is much worse then repeating something said on camera (not like there were close friends or even had a long history of acquaintance. It's not like bg & Erika stood by doing nothing since if they liked it/agreed with it then that promoting bullying/hating.

I don't even like Kathryn but I am feeling bad for her. Thick skin may be needed but even with thick skin, most people doesn't like to be hated. Also what she did, no matter what side one is on, really shouldn't generate this level of animosity (only Yo deserves it....lol, j/k kind of)

I should have been more clear, these nuts were not tweeting or retweeting the exact messages they sent to Kathryn to Erika, Brandi or Yolanda. They were expressing the same basic message in kinder terms of support for them against Kathryn. They saved their ugly tweets for Kathryn alone. I have never and will never understand why people do this..

I wonder whether any of this vitriol against Kathryn is -- heaven forbid -- racist in nature.  I believe that Twitter forbids racism in comments, but anyone with hate in their heart for Kathryn for marrying two black men could come down hard on her for other reasons.  Both Faye and Brandi could  have elicited the same feelings in people dedicated to the separation of races.  It's an ugly thought, but it's a fact of life, unfortunately.

I didn't see anything remotely racist in any tweet to her.

• Love 3

That is despicable!

Brandi thrives on hate tweets she loves to argue with people and then the next day there is a story about it usually in All Things Real Housewives

I don't care if it's Kathryn, Brandi, Yolanda, or Kim, or even Vyle Kyle.  What is wrong with people?

Many times their picture is on the tweet or their real name.  We are not talking about the MENSA branch of twitter here.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It is horrible, but certainly nothing new. I remember in S2 when people were horrid to Kyle. Someone tweeted that they hoped Portia got cancer, because that was what Kyle deserved. Brandi did an interview once where someone asked her how she put up with all the mean Tweets in S3 (she actually got some back then). She said she just told them to "fuck off" and didn't let it bother her, but Kyle would often cry about the Tweets she received. Brandi said she didn't understand why it bothered her so much. The Tweets that were sent to Adrienne in S3 could turn your stomach. I disliked Aviva as much as the next person, but wow were people vile to her. Things like she deserved to have lost her leg. And if you can stomach it, take a glance at some of the things thrown at Tamra. I read some of the ones to Kathryn and they were nasty, but mainly along the lines of her being a bad friend and not someone to be trusted.  Certainly not the kinds of things I have read about the others, but still I am sure hard to read. 

• Love 6

What was the gist of what was said to Kathryn?  I thought it a little inappropriate that Debra Messing started off WWHL with WTF were you thinking?

Re Debra Messing was very disappointing IMO...she seemed to think very highly of herself on WWHL.

• Love 3

There's a lot of screwed up (aka unhappy, insecure, angry) people out there.  Road Rage comes to mind and other acts.  And when you choose to hide behind a screen name in many cases,  well....  Pretty sad. 

• Love 6

Who has the time or the inclination to deal with all that bullshit?

Does she have an intern/assistant to manage her media presence?

If not, forget this shit, I would unplug as well!

• Love 3

I'm surprised there's no HWs manual on social media. These days it's such a crucial component for a HW to build a following and, ultimately, to secure their position for the following season. 

I don't think Kathryn's long for the HW world, but someone needs to educate her on how to navigate Twitter. Deleting her account and then creating a new one just lost her a ton of followers.

Brandi does get riled by some particularly nasty tweets, I thinks she goes through some periods of mass blocking and announces it.  Her feeds are mostly negative on some days.  If she ever writes/says anything about LVP, then her feed is a cesspool.  LVP has taken to saying to people, "Why are you following me?" if they write even the most slightly negative thing about her - which will often generate an insipid apology begging forgiveness from the Queen.  These twitter posters are Nutso!  ITA nc socialworker - the gushers and the extreme haters - way way way too invested in these people. You can see how people become stalkers.

As for Kathryn and her Hard Work Bitch credo, STFU.  You had the chance to earn the everlasting love of most HW fans by taking down TMCFR and you failed. She is all talk IMO.  She is one annoying, obnoxious PITA. I do think she is dumb.  She thinks she is being provocative at Erika's dinner? She was rude and insulting to Rinna (god forbid she does have a real eating disorder - back off bitch it's a disease), and then she wouldn't let anyone at the table get a word in edgewise.  I love the comments here about how she turned people's opinions around ...into thinking she's an asshole.

And FWIW I think Donnie is hot, but pimping him out to Andy and the viewing audience without his shirt is not the way to stay on this show.

• Love 2
And FWIW I think Donnie is hot, but pimping him out to Andy and the viewing audience without his shirt is not the way to stay on this show.

LOL  Perfect, jinjer!  That was hardly the most subtle shot on the show.  I wonder how much Donny's agent had to pay the director for that tour of Donny's muscles!

After this show, I can officially say that I don't like Kathryn.  She was already on my list after last week's show, but this week was even worse.  Her tongue never stopped flapping from the moment she sat down.  She does so much talking that I'd think Donny would have the deaf ear!  While they operate on her ear, maybe they can also do something for her tongue.  *crossing fingers*

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

Kathryn is such an obvious idiot that it's not even interesting to talk about her idiocy.  

(edited) LOL my timing sure is off, I posted before reading and had no clue about the Kathryn hate that's already out there.  Oh well-- I'm not putting spin or extra emo on it; I really do think she's an idiot.  Sorry, Kathryn.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 3

IMHO, Kathryn is not using very good psychology.  I just read her blog at Bravo, and she seems determined to drive her points home.  She would have won some people over if she'd admitted her faults and then dropped the discussion.  She is lacking wisdom, and that blog is a failure.  She badly needs some help.  I couldn't tell by the end of it whether she is angry or hurt, or both.

Kathryn admits to being a fighter.  Indeed, she seems proud of the fact since she brings it up so frequently.  Unfortunately, as time has proven through the ages, one person cannot fight an army alone.  She cannot seem to understand that making concessions is wise when you've boxed yourself into a corner.

Although I find Kathryn hard to like at the moment, I think that she could change the public's perception of her if she would be quiet, introspective, a whole less gossipy, and more relaxed.  I think that maybe she wanted to be a part of this group too badly and was convinced that she could blast her way in with her strong personality, which was exactly the wrong attitude to take.  Time will tell.  I really feel that she could learn a lot from Kingsley.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

She reminds me of the tough girls Tyra used to cast on ANTM.  Seems she prides herself in being combative.  She sees that as a good trait showing she is a strong woman.  ugh  Her husband must find that attractive or endearing.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

IMHO, Kathryn is not using very good psychology.  I just read her blog at Bravo, and she seems determined to drive her points home.  She would have won some people over if she'd admitted her faults and then dropped the discussion.  She is lacking wisdom, and that blog is a failure.  She badly needs some help.  I couldn't tell by the end of it whether she is angry or hurt, or both.

Kathryn admits to being a fighter.  Indeed, she seems proud of the fact since she brings it up so frequently.  Unfortunately, as time has proven through the ages, one person cannot fight an army alone.  She cannot seem to understand that making concessions is wise when you've boxed yourself into a corner.

Although I find Kathryn hard to like at the moment, I think that she could change the public's perception of her if she would be quiet, introspective, a whole less gossipy, and more relaxed.  I think that maybe she wanted to be a part of this group too badly and was convinced that she could blast her way in with her strong personality, which was exactly the wrong attitude to take.  Time will tell.

I think her blog was a way to explain herself a little better (fail LOL) but she did apologize for taking things too far and only time will tell if she does believe that. I don't think she can not be gossipy though, as the show is based on the "runtelldat" game and they all do it. Erika taking offense at Kathryn telling Lisa the spider/sniper analogy is laughable because she played runtelldat with Yolanda twice and she got the conversations she listened to (but never stopped) wrong to boot! Erika being upset that Kathryn didn't behave at her house is also laughable, Erika corrected Kathryn as if she were a child in Kathryn's home and Erika screamed at LisaR in her own home as well. I really believe that Erika is a "do as I say, not as I do" person, much like her "close/good friend" (who has never heard her music until Erika joined the show) Yolanda. LOL That said, Kathryn could go either way with me as of now but Erika is already out. LOL

• Love 1

I don't hate Kathryn, and I think it's because she gives me a lot of awkward/desperate Alex McCord vibes as opposed to delusional crazy ones like an Aviva (who Kathryn's been compared to due to similar looks). I could still go either way with her. I think her biggest crime is that you can sort of smell the desperation to fit in.

• Love 4

I'd say desperation for camera time/ not getting fired from the show, but yeah.  Very poorly calculated, though.  And I agree she's not an evil Aviva.  Sadly, seems like she's just kind of a dum-dum.   

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 3
(edited)
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 7:05 AM, tabloidlover said:

Disclaimer -  while I have never met Kathryn, my husband was a friend (not close) of her husband for several years while he played for the Chargers.  What I am finding interesting is that she isn't matching the description her husband had of her.  For example - on the show they mentioned that she doesn't work, right?  He said she was a high end interior designer.  Things that make you go  hmmmm

I had posted the above when we first found out Kathryn was going to be on the show.  Now that she is off, I will expand on my experience with Donnie and Kathryn.  Our football team was playing in San Diego and we had plans to go to the game.  Donnie arranged for us to have passes to be on the field prior to the game and talked about us attending a party at his house after the game.  Game day arrives and Donnie apologizes (rather sheepishly) that his wife "doesn't think we will fit in or feel comfortable with her other guests" so never mind the party.   I guess we aren't high dollar enough for Kathryn.  Now that I've seen her on the show, I'm glad we didn't go.  She definitely rules that house. 

Edited by tabloidlover
for clarity
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I had posted the above when we first found out Kathryn was going to be on the show.  Now that she is off, I will expand on my experience with Donnie and Kathryn.  Our football team was playing in San Diego and we had plans to go to the game.  Donnie arranged for us to have passes to be on the field prior to the game and talked about us attending a party at his house after the game.  Game day arrives and Donnie apologizes (rather sheepishly) that his wife "doesn't think we will fit in or feel comfortable with her other guests" so never mind the party.   I guess we aren't high dollar enough for Kathryn.  Now that I've seen her on the show, I'm glad we didn't go.  She definitely rules that house. 

I'm astonished;  she seemed really down-to-earth.  I was taught that "class" was treating everyone with the utmost respect, finding out what they're about and welcoming them.  She has none whatsoever!!!

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:29 AM, teapot said:

I'm astonished;  she seemed really down-to-earth.  I was taught that "class" was treating everyone with the utmost respect, finding out what they're about and welcoming them.  She has none whatsoever!!!

I'm actually glad that we were disinvited after seeing her on this show.  This was a good 12+ years ago, and I was not as confident and dgaf in my nature due to my younger age.  I would have left that party feeling so insecure and small.  Today?  It would have been a whole different ballgame, and she would not have liked what I probably would have said to her superior feeling self. =)

• Love 4
On 7/8/2016 at 6:00 AM, tabloidlover said:

You weren't dim enough for them my dear. They may not have had the IQ or attention span to keep up with intelligent conversation. Their loss not yours.

• Love 5

Kathryn was on Behind the Velvet Rope last week. The host isn't a great interviewer, but Kathryn seemed pretty open about her experience with the show. 

Of course the interview was almost entirely about Erika. Some items mentioned:

- Kathryn roomed with Erika in Dubai (a 5,000 sq ft room) and was internally questioning why Erika had so many trunks of stuff and how she paid for all her crew's expenses. Erika's minions were around a lot so the whole setup sounded odd.

- Kathryn felt she truly saw what Erika was when she watched the talking head after Kathryn told Erika she shouldn't wear the necklace. Kathryn was shocked at the vitriol Erika was spewing.

- Erika said Bravo was a racket bc women like her join RH and spend so much money while taping, whereas Rinna told Kathryn 'parking, parties, everything...if it's something you're doing that's being filmed Bravo will pay for it' and you have to make them aware of the expenses.

- Tom & Erika's house was dilapidated with chipped paint but had some really expensive art. Kathryn thought Tom also appeared well past his prime (I think I'm paraphrasing but she implied Tom was not a vibrant older man who was at the top of his field). She heard Tom make the comment "if you can afford her, you can have her", so she thinks it's a standard line.

- When they had dinner at his house, Tom recited his cases and how much he won. K knows Erika isn't an idiot and Erika could compare the Girardi expenses to what Tom was pulling in. Kathryn thinks Tom used his money to "buy into the next level of power" and said Tom actually admitted this. He would pay celebrities to attend his parties, but Kathryn thinks he also paid politicians (actually, I think we all think that). 

- by the time Kathryn left the show she thought Tom & Erika were "charlatans" and told that to anyone who asked. She's not shocked by any of the revelations and thinks Tom was probably not a good husband but the marriage was just an arrangement. She cant say if Erika should go to jail but she thinks her wages should be garnished and the jewelry (not Erikas clothing, which has no real value) should be sold to help the victims. Kathryn thinks Erika is a crafty survivor who has never had real love and would like to see Erika have an a-ha moment here to start some real change.

I liked that Kathryn didn't sound bitter but she does think the show has changed drastically. She thinks Bravo is leaning into the darkest moments and doesnt care about the damage. She said they should make a gesture and assist the victims in some way. She also mentioned during the show she had told LVP in confidence something traumatic that occurred with her first husband. One of LVP's first questions was 'did you tell THEM?' (production). Kathryn is still kind of shocked that one would be expected to do so.

Also, Kathryn fast-forwards through most of Dorit's scenes.

ETA: they did not mention the 'sniper from the side' debacle, which is where I think we first saw the real Erika. She says or does something nasty, gets annoyed when Kathryn rats her out instead of floating the 'LVP is shifty' balloon, then turns the whole thing around to something Kathryn did wrong rather than answering for digging into a woman she just met.

Edited by chick binewski
Apparently I cannot talk enough about Kathryn Edward's today.
  • Useful 9
  • Love 7

^ You must be the one I heard about Behind the Velvet Rope from! Thank you, the interviews with Kathryn are really interesting. I kind of wish she were on this season, so there would have been less coddling of Erika. It's all been on Sutton and Garcelle. Kathryn is sweet, but she calls out bs. I think she's a formidable opponent who was let go too soon. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Kathryn was on Behind the Velvet Rope last week. The host isn't a great interviewer, but Kathryn seemed pretty open about her experience with the show. 

He irks me sometimes because he has a habit of interrupting right when I think someone is going to say something interesting. He has a legal background (and went to high school with Dorit) so sometimes I wish he’d Fanboy less. If that makes sense. 
Kathryn gave a great interview! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Right now I'm watching Kathryn's first ep as a cast member. So far, I like her. She and Donnie have money, but seem down to earth, which I appreciate.

And while this might sound superficial, as someone who has never wanted kids, I like that Kathryn doesn't have them either. It's nice to see a childfree HW.

• Love 8