Type keyword(s) to search

Kathryn Edwards: Don't Act Like You Know Her When You Don't Know Her

• Start Topic

I know kathryn has naturally full lips, but I still think she did something to her upper lip. It's current shape is not natural at all.

I agree. Her old photos have that look but its seems more pronounced now. Its the look of rod like implants along the sides of her upper lip that looks fake. 

I don't know what I think about Kathryn.  My first reaction is that she bores me, but to be fair, she hasn't had much of a chance to develop a storyline.  I see her mostly as someone needed by Bravo for the OJ tie-in, but I don't see her lasting for more than one season.

She was pretty in her younger days with dark hair, IMHO.  Her teeth are different now.  I think she'd have been a very sought-after model if she'd stayed with it. 

I still can't figure out why she's being used in connection with the OJ story.  You don't suppose she had an affair with him, do you?  Or am I getting a "reality show" mixed up with reality?  LOL

Edited by Lura

If I was Kathryn I would have watched all the seasons of the show before signing the contract so I would have some idea of what I was getting into. From watching the prior seasons, I would have learned that Kyle is central to the show and is good friends with Faye. That would have prepared me for a potential interaction with her. I think both Kathryn and Faye knew their paths were going to cross soon but maybe they didn't know exactly when they would meet up again.

I'm not impressed with Kathryn but reserve the right to change my mind:-)

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 3

I can't believe that anyone would sign up for a reality show without watching prior episodes first....unless you 'desperately' want fame or need the money.  I also can't believe that someone would confront an author about a book that mentions you when you haven't even read what was written about you.  You just come across as not so intelligent.

• Love 5

I can't believe that anyone would sign up for a reality show without watching prior episodes first....unless you 'desperately' want fame or need the money.  I also can't believe that someone would confront an author about a book that mentions you when you haven't even read what was written about you.  You just come across as not so intelligent.

IMO, despite what they claim, all the newbies have watched the show prior to signing their contracts.

As for Kathryn's claim of not reading Faye's book, I think she is telling the truth for the most part. 1, so much of the book was splashed across the tabloids, especially the Enquirer, that it is possible she saw what was written about her by reading them and 2, she may have only read the parts of the book that talked about her and MA that a family member/friend of hers bought/read and marked for her to look at (this way she didn't have to buy the book herself and support Faye's book sales or read the entire book herself). I do believe she knows exactly what Faye wrote about her/MA, every single word. LOL

• Love 6

I also can't believe that someone would humiliate herself by filming a scene in a jewelers trying on pieces that she can't afford. What was the point? What next?  Shall we tour some homes that she can't afford? Shall we go to a fancy restaurant and look at the menu, and salivate, and then walk out?

• Love 9

I think Kathryn is mad at Marcus for carrying on with Nicole and decided to blame someone else for his indiscretions.  Tonight during the Super Bowl they mentioned Marcus' name at least half a dozen times, not a mention of Faye or Kathryn.  ;)

• Love 4

I think Kathryn is mad at Marcus for carrying on with Nicole and decided to blame someone else for his indiscretions.  Tonight during the Super Bowl they mentioned Marcus' name at least half a dozen times, not a mention of Faye or Kathryn.  ;)

Maybe it is as simple as that she bought into what Marcus was telling her and then seeing/hearing about it in print (the book) IS embarrassed. Who knows at this point but I stand by what I said earlier, there was NO reason, ZERO, for Faye to mention Kathryn at all. She could have talked about Nicole/Marcus all she wanted but there really was no need to mention someone she had never met before in her life. JMO

• Love 5

Maybe Kathryn should appreciate the fact that Faye has made her relevant...and I am not a Faye fan.

If not for Faye, I would never have known who Kathryn was. And I won't even pretend to know her.

• Love 5

Maybe it is as simple as that she bought into what Marcus was telling her and then seeing/hearing about it in print (the book) IS embarrassed. Who knows at this point but I stand by what I said earlier, there was NO reason, ZERO, for Faye to mention Kathryn at all. She could have talked about Nicole/Marcus all she wanted but there really was no need to mention someone she had never met before in her life. JMO

OJ mentioned her by name in the suicide note.  I think it was a logical progression.  If one is talking about someone carrying on with a married or engaged man, especially the best friend of one's murderer.  Until I read Ron Shipp's depo I didn't realize how long Marcus and Kathryn had been involved.  I do understand her embarrassment-but that should be on her fiancé not the person telling the story.  It is a little like shooting the messenger.  Oh and quite honestly, I think Kathryn, and I give her credit for not calling Nicole a friend, was probably angry at Nicole as well.  Because Nicole died so tragically doesn't mean that her indiscretions were forgiven by the ones she hurt. 

• Love 6

I know what you mean Rye.  If you get a chance, watch it again, for both Kathryn and Faye's initial reactions.  Ignore the talking heads, just watch the actual footage.

Honestly, it never occurred to me that either one of them wouldn't know, but now?  I'm not so sure.

Kathryn said in her TH comments that of course she knew she would be running into Faye if she decided to hang with Kyle. She said it was well known that they were close friends and that Faye attended Kyle's events.

• Love 8

OJ mentioned her by name in the suicide note.  I think it was a logical progression.  If one is talking about someone carrying on with a married or engaged man, especially the best friend of one's murderer.  Until I read Ron Shipp's depo I didn't realize how long Marcus and Kathryn had been involved.  I do understand her embarrassment-but that should be on her fiancé not the person telling the story.  It is a little like shooting the messenger.  Oh and quite honestly, I think Kathryn, and I give her credit for not calling Nicole a friend, was probably angry at Nicole as well.  Because Nicole died so tragically doesn't mean that her indiscretions were forgiven by the ones she hurt. 

At least OJ knew her, Faye not only didn't know her but they had never even set eyes on each other/met. It is one thing to have someone you know talk about you but another for someone that you have never met to mention you in a salacious book. I go back to the fact that there was no reason for Faye to mention Kathryn at all or the little quote she used from KJ, she, Faye, should have stuck to talking about those she personally knew. That said, I really don't think Kathryn really cares about Faye or the book in real life, IMO this is producer driven and only for the show, nothing more.

• Love 7

Kathryn said in her TH comments that of course she knew she would be running into Faye if she decided to hang with Kyle. She said it was well known that they were close friends and that Faye attended Kyle's events.

To me, it came off rather phony that after 22 years she was going to annihilate this person that wrote two sentences about her.  The context of the passages were about Marcus Allen, Nicole and Faye.  It was just an aside note that Kathryn was mentioned.  Nothing could be construed as pejorative, which is why Kathryn claimed to have not read the book.  So I think it was all around unnecessary behavior.  At least with Brandi she went after the "other woman" not the persons who talked or wrote about it.

Maybe Kathryn will turn around and become someone of substance because so far she has not been any great ball of fire.  She reminds me of the Zanuck woman-who at least tried to find common ground.

• Love 3

To me, it came off rather phony that after 22 years she was going to annihilate this person that wrote two sentences about her.  The context of the passages were about Marcus Allen, Nicole and Faye.  It was just an aside note that Kathryn was mentioned.  Nothing could be construed as pejorative, which is why Kathryn claimed to have not read the book.  So I think it was all around unnecessary behavior.  At least with Brandi she went after the "other woman" not the persons who talked or wrote about it.

Maybe Kathryn will turn around and become someone of substance because so far she has not been any great ball of fire.  She reminds me of the Zanuck woman-who at least tried to find common ground.

I suspect that Kathryn was brought on to make Faye less vile in the viewers eyes and to tie in with the TV series. Kyle does say that Kathryn and Faye do make nice at some point this season so I really think much, if not most, of what we are seeing/hearing from Kathryn about Faye right now was producer driven and not something she even thought about or cared about. JMO

I suspect that Kathryn was brought on to make Faye less vile in the viewers eyes and to tie in with the TV series. Kyle does say that Kathryn and Faye do make nice at some point this season so I really think much, if not most, of what we are seeing/hearing from Kathryn about Faye right now was producer driven and not something she even thought about or cared about. JMO

All I can say is Kathryn better bring something other than a Faye grudge.  I was hoping she might be interesting.

• Love 8

I must have been half asleep when I wrote this stupid post!  It's a DUH if I've ever read a DUH!  My apologies for taking up the time of anyone who read it, and special thanks to the members who took the time to answer my questions! 

Obviously, I don't do well with people who are married to one person and bed-hopping with others.  They all become a blur -- yes, even with OJ as one of them.

Edited by Lura

Nothing to see here.

They live in a very nice tract house in an upper middle class neighborhood.

Calcutta marble?

Poor thing, too many dings on the head maybe?

Definitely, mommie vibe there, IMO.

• Love 1

Lura-

There was a significant amount of testimony that Nicole not only said she bedding Marcus but people saw him coming and going from her home.  She also told others she had told OJ.  So no, Marcus wasn't a good friend  to Oj or Nicole and was a really lousy boyfriend, fiancé and husband to Kathryn.

That is why I think she is mad at Faye for being the first to make it public.  Her anger is misplaced IMO, she should be mad at Marcus, Nicole and herself.  It is fairly obvious from the conversation with Eileen, Marcus always had a wandering eye. 

• Love 2

Something that puzzles me is:  Why did OJ suspect Marcus Allen of bedding Nicole, and why did Marcus suspect OJ of bedding Kathryn if the two men were best friends?

My humble take on Kathryn and her husband is that they are pretenders to the throne.  They represent the nouveau riche, people with new money who are hangers on, who aspire to

be seen at the best parties with the best people, to drop by the best jewelers, to laugh their way through life in their classic car. It's possible, though, that I have the wrong impression and that Kathryn will turn out to be one of the most loved HWs in the history of the show!         

She told him.

They were trying to reconcile and began that with being honest about other partners.  OJ's cheating was a huge problem between them, so they made a "start fresh" pact, and part of that was clearing the slate with confession of past partners,  to put it behind them.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2

According to Faye's book, Nicole initially demurred at recounting all of the romantic/sexual partners with whom she had engaged post-divorce but OJ pressured and berated her until she caved. They reconciled, ultimately separating once again, and then Nicole subsequently allegedly commenced a second dalliance with Marcus a couple of weeks/months prior to her murder . . . I have not decided how I feel about Kathryn; I initially enjoyed her but soured when she described Nicole's passing as the second most traumatic event of her life and asserted that her name wasn't part of the imbroglio until Faye published her book (because that's untrue). But I disagree with the characterization of her as nouveau or pretentious. I think the diamond-earring shopping excursion was staged by production and, if anything, the Edwards seem veritably down-to-earth and like the most practical cast members across the franchise. They live in nice but unostentatious homes and haven't invested their money in an excessively large money pit when they don't have children and spend most of their time traveling. Not necessarily the most visually stimulating residences on Bravo but definitely pragmatic.

• Love 5

I've read quite a bit about the whole Marcus/Nicole sex stuff, a lot of it from testimony in the civil trial.  I've never seen any real indication (other than what Faye said Kris said) that she ever knew Marcus was unfaithful, when they were dating, or after they were married.  Marcus usually visited Nicole when OJ was out of town, and parked down the street, I don't think he wanted ANYONE to know. 

• Love 2

I've read quite a bit about the whole Marcus/Nicole sex stuff, a lot of it from testimony in the civil trial.  I've never seen any real indication (other than what Faye said Kris said) that she ever knew Marcus was unfaithful, when they were dating, or after they were married.  Marcus usually visited Nicole when OJ was out of town, and parked down the street, I don't think he wanted ANYONE to know. 

I think her comment blaming Faye for bringing it to the forefront may have been indicative that Kathryn knew but had handled it privately.  Kathryn's umbrage with Faye was two part, bringing forth what seems to be a readily known fact in Nicole/OJ world and the turn the blind eye comment.  Being upset with the turn the blind eye comment seemed a little over the top.  He was cheating and she either knew or chose to be oblivious-because she is so very smart, just ask her.  OJ pretty much gave rise to the rumors with  "Marcus be good to Kathryn" in his "suicide note" so there were questions raised from the date of the Bronco chase on.  Kathryn obviously is still curious about Marcus because she tried to pin Eileen down to a time frame when she dated Marcus. 

• Love 1

She said she was also pissed because Faye said Kris said she was "one of THOSE women, who look the other way" or whatever it was.  Faye publishing gossip like that, while having absolutely no idea what Kathryn knew or how/why she reacted IF she did even know, in a book that was being quoted everywhere, since it was the first one written during the OJ circus pissed her off.  It would have pissed me off as well, were I Kathryn.

Actually, I didn't even know Nicole and that book annoyed and shocked me off on several levels.  Kathryn has a right to those feelings, she was newly married, and being labeled basically a wimp at best, and at worst?  Much more.  It probably would have been bad enough to be the cheated on woman, but to also be accused of looking the other way for nefarious reasons?  Ugh.

I just don't think it's that difficult to understand why Kathryn had/has a problem with the Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick, many do, for far less reason.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3

Kathryns first TV interview as a HW (as far as I know?)

http://www.accesshollywood.com/videos/rhobh-kathryn-edwards-on-faye-resnick-drama-relationship-with-oj-simpson/

She seems super uncomfortable 

She didn't listen to Bush's question.  He said in 2004 OJ said. . . about Nicole and Marcus affair.  She blew by it.  She also dated Marcus Allen from at least 1988 forward and Nicole and OJ were not broken up during the time.   She is a little slippery. I thought it was great he asked her about Kris Jenner-since it was Kris Jenner who said she turned a blind eye to Marcus' womanizing.

• Love 1

She also messed up and said Robert Kardashian wrote OJ's suicide letter (I think she just misspoke or I misunderstood her) and she down played her ties to OJ after Nicole's death--like going with Marcus Allen to visit OJ in jail. Also she was vague after it was mentioned that OJ directly mentioned her in his suicide note. I don't blame her for her vagueness and think she handled portions of the interview well however some portions of it could have been handled better. At least Faye and Kathryn seem to be neutral with each other.

• Love 4

She also messed up and said Robert Kardashian wrote OJ's suicide letter (I think she just misspoke or I misunderstood her) and she down played her ties to OJ after Nicole's death--like going with Marcus Allen to visit OJ in jail. Also she was vague after it was mentioned that OJ directly mentioned her in his suicide note. I don't blame her for her vagueness and think she handled portions of the interview well however some portions of it could have been handled better. At least Faye and Kathryn seem to be neutral with each other.

Kathryn was also aware of Faye and that she and Faye would be crossing paths.  Bush tried to get her to admit that is why the job was offered.  She also played down the fact that she was friends with OJ.  To me, Kathryn took the job knowing she would be forced to talk about OJ.  In one moment she remember something somebody said about her twenty years ago, in the next she talks of the situation being so long ago.

Lost on Kathryn because of her inability or unwillingness to read is Faye's book was about what a murderous bastard OJ was and is.  It always seems to me like Kathryn, who does not label, is so vicious towards Faye when people she was close to life were contributors to not only were the murderer of Nicole and she was married to the man who had an affair with her while Kathryn was in the picture.  She obviously knows Marcus was unfaithful. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

When the host asked Kathryn about that dinner party with the HWs and Faye and he asked her about "the elephant in the room" did anyone get the giggles from flashing back to trashtalktv's recap? I did even though Kyle is not an elephant and is not overweight;-) lol

• Love 2
Lost on Kathryn because of her inability or unwillingness to read is Faye's book was about what a murderous bastard OJ was and is.

Has Kathryn said what her thoughts about O.J. were at the time? Anyway, TMCFR could've made her point without using those she didn't know to do so. Also, that she was right in her opinion doesn't somehow make her righteous.

It always seems to me like Kathryn, who does not label, is so vicious towards Faye when people she was close to life were contributors to not only the murder of Nicole but an affair with her while Kathryn was in the picture.

​Because Marcus may have been screwing around with Nicole, that makes him a contributor to her murder? Really?

• Love 1

Has Kathryn said what her thoughts about O.J. were at the time? Anyway, TMCFR could've made her point without using those she didn't know to do so. Also, that she was right in her opinion doesn't somehow make her righteous.

​Because Marcus may have been screwing around with Nicole, that makes him a contributor to her murder? Really?

Kathrynwent and saw OJin jail and attended the OJ defense team meetings.  Actions speak louder than words.

Poorly worded on  my part.  OJ was the murder, Marcus and Nicole were the adulterers.

I went back and re-read, really poorly written. I do not feel that someone is entitled to murder someone because they were unfaithful.

• Love 1

Nicole was separated from OJ, and then divorced when she was seeing Marcus though.  Right?

So, he was in a relationship engaged/married and she was back and forth with OJ.  It doesn't excuse either's behavior.

• Love 1

Nicole was separated from OJ, and then divorced when she was seeing Marcus though.  Right?

To my understanding Nicole was divorce (or at least separated from OJ) whenever she was sexually intimate with another person. Marcus was married and/or in a committed relationship when he cheated on his partner with Nicole. I see nothing wrong with what Nicole did but Marcus was a cheater imo. If Nicole and Kathryn were really friends then that wasn't "cool" but I get the impression that Marcus and OJ were the main friends and that Kathryn was just friends through her husband (social friends but not close friends friends...we may need Yolanda's help with determining the type and degree of friendship...lol). However I defer to you and ZM on all this. Most of the information I know about this was from the excellent links you previously provided (the deposition links were interesting--especially the interactions between the lawyers like you had said). I read some stuff else on all this but the depositions were the most interesting imo. I didn't read all of them but many of them---Kato's were entertaining but I kind of felt guilty being humorously entertained by them considering the context.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 4

To my understanding Nicole was divorce (or at least separated from OJ) whenever she was sexually intimate with another person. Marcus was married and/or in a committed relationship when he cheated on his partner with Nicole. I see nothing wrong with what Nicole did but Marcus was a cheater imo. If Nicole and Kathryn were really friends then that wasn't "cool" but I get the impression that Marcus and OJ were the main friends and that Kathryn was just friends through her husband (social friends but not close friends friends...we may need Yolanda's help with determining the type and degree of friendship...lol). However I defer to you and ZM on all this. Most of the information I know about this was from the excellent links you previously provided (the deposition links were interesting--especially the interactions between the lawyers like you had said). I read some stuff else on all this but the depositions were the most interesting imo. I didn't read all of them but many of them---Kato's were entertaining but I kind of felt guilty being humorously entertained by them considering the context.

Kathryn seemed to care about learning when Eileen dated Marcus.  So for purposes of this show, I think she was hurt.  To me, Nicole seeing Marcus or trying to set Faye up with Marcus while he was engaged to Kathryn was hurtful to Kathryn.  My beef with Kathryn is she has put her focus into what Faye wrote about her which was essentially she was sweet, and a quote from Kris Jenner. 

In response to another poster on whether or not Faye had to the right to write about someone she had met, I don't think meeting Faye would have changed Kathryn's feelings about being exposure to her marriage.  Many people make comments about cheating spouses and their lack of character without knowing their spouse.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

Nicole needs no excuse for her behavior toward OJ; according to the gospel of Faye, Nicole was faithful to OJ when she was with him. And Kathryn's acceptance of or willful blindness toward her husband's infidelities have nothing to do with establishing that was an abusive, homicidal sociopath. Neither does Nicole's recreational drug use after her divorce from OJ, her forays into lesbianism, Marcus Allen's endowment, or Nicole's "ruination" for white sexual partners by her acquired need for black male sexual prowess. No wonder the indictment of OJ was lost on Kathryn; it's been murky for plenty other followers of Faye's notoriety. And I don't see what was unusual about Kathryn's initial and continuing support of OJ during his criminal trial; lots of OJ and Nicole's mutual friends rallied behind him until the DNA testimony - sticking behind unpopular pals who are transparently villainous to others is what Faye's friend Kyle has done herself. I'm not completely co-signing Kathryn's assertions regarding the imbroglio because I think she overreaches at times with statements like "Faye put our names into the tabloids" singlehandedly but I think she's done a pretty good job of sticking to her grievance that some random stranger was editorializing on her approach to marriage in the cash grab she penned to capitalize on her best friend's murder. Another detail that bothers me about Faye vis-a-vis the entire situation: she continues to use Nicole as a shield/to shut down any criticism. Kathryn did not want to have "a conversation about Nicole" as Nicole characterized the issue at the barbecue; she was understandably pissed about Faye disseminating second-hand gossip about her as fact.

• Love 6

Nicole needs no excuse for her behavior toward OJ; according to the gospel of Faye, Nicole was faithful to OJ when she was with him. And Kathryn's acceptance of or willful blindness toward her husband's infidelities have nothing to do with establishing that was an abusive, homicidal sociopath. Neither does Nicole's recreational drug use after her divorce from OJ, her forays into lesbianism, Marcus Allen's endowment, or Nicole's "ruination" for white sexual partners by her acquired need for black male sexual prowess. No wonder the indictment of OJ was lost on Kathryn; it's been murky for plenty other followers of Faye's notoriety. And I don't see what was unusual about Kathryn's initial and continuing support of OJ during his criminal trial; lots of OJ and Nicole's mutual friends rallied behind him until the DNA testimony - sticking behind unpopular pals who are transparently villainous to others is what Faye's friend Kyle has done herself. I'm not completely co-signing Kathryn's assertions regarding the imbroglio because I think she overreaches at times with statements like "Faye put our names into the tabloids" singlehandedly but I think she's done a pretty good job of sticking to her grievance that some random stranger was editorializing on her approach to marriage in the cash grab she penned to capitalize on her best friend's murder. Another detail that bothers me about Faye vis-a-vis the entire situation: she continues to use Nicole as a shield/to shut down any criticism. Kathryn did not want to have "a conversation about Nicole" as Nicole characterized the issue at the barbecue; she was understandably pissed about Faye disseminating second-hand gossip about her as fact.

I agree it is nice to have supporters for defendants.  It is Kathryn's dodging and avoiding the issue that she was essentially Team OJ until she wasn't.  Saying Faye capitalized on her friend's death is Kathryn's opinion.  Faye says otherwise.  Faye was the first person in the circle to publicly point a finger at OJ and expose the seamy side of the murderous bastard.  Kathryn seems to ignore that fact and focus on the single paragraph in the book which was about her and essentially a quote from Kris Jenner.  Again she dodged the question when it came to Kris in the interview with the mutual friend stuff.

It may just be me, but if someone I was in a committed relationship with and eventually married had been outed publicly for his indiscretions, I might be mad at the author, whether or not I had ever met him or her but my anger and deeper hurt would be towards my spouse.  Since Kathryn didn't deny her job offer for RHOBH was directly connected to OJ/Faye, I don't think she should be expounding about people capitalizing or profiting off the murders. 

Kathryn's father suicide explains her abandonment issues.

Has Kathryn mentioned if her father lived with her at the time of his death?  I am curious if her parents stayed together during his "lifelong addiction".

• Love 3

I do love your command of the english language!

BIB: if she didn't let the reader know who Nicole was then the book would be an article saying something like loving ex-wife and wonderful mother of two killed by her ex-husband. I don't see anything horrifying about recreational drug use unless she was driving under the influence or something similar. If she was described as getting wasted drunk and creating a ruckus in a hotel bar and kicking cops then that would be different. It was recreational, which depending on the drug maybe bad/dumb, it is different from saying addict. Did it mention the drugs used? How is experimenting with lesbianism bad? Praising a man's prowess and/or endowment is a compliment;-) The stereotype "once you go black you won't go back" would have been nicer then saying "ruined". If it is in reference to the stereotype of penis size then not necessarily bad (ok, bad since it is sexist and insults vaginas) but tasteless...but if one infers it "tainted" her then that is next level horrible (I think she was reference the former rather than the later interpretation). Some of it is sensationalism and tasteless/tacky...I don't know the exact wording but the word "ruined" is bothersome even if it is complimentary towards sex with black men. Sad that race was an issue during those times and in modern times.

Caution: long OT example of one reason I like the juicer details that make a person relatable/memorable (how an American soon to be divorcee saved the world from the Nazis)

In school, I usually found history class dry and boring. It wasn't until I was in college and later in life that after learning the juicer details of historical times that I actually remembered/learned history. For example, recently I watched a show about fashions and women in history and learned something that I would have remembered if I had been taught it in school (instead of not remembering anything about Kind Edward VIII from high school history because it was taught in such a boring manner). King Edward hooked up with 2 American divorcees (probably threesomes imo) and fell in love with the 2nd woman (in that group; he was a long time "player"), Wallis Simpson, who seemed to play a mom role for him (maybe not dom/sub but more like a sexualized mother-figure/son relationship--kinky and just imo). Obviously the court disproved and refused his desire to marry her so he abdicated the thrown (OMG) and married her (I think her divorce had to be finalized first and so he actually hooked up with a married woman). Edward was also not felt to be a good ruler and I think he liked Germany's politics and met/liked Hitler. Basically a love affair between a king and a married American (not yet divorcee) saved the world (he was a Nazi sympathizer unlike his brother Albert (not a Nazi sympathizer) who took over after Edward abdicated and became King George VI). If they taught me that in high school I would have remember it rather than the bland dry forgettable "facts" they "teach" in school (at least way back in the day when I was in high school).

• Love 2

Thanks for the props, Vicky. I can neither quote nor divide paragraphs on my handheld so this is not going to be the visually smoothest reply. One could also write an entire dissertation on the questions and problems presented just by that list of anecdotes recounted in Private Diary; thus, I'm not sure I can succinctly articulate all of them. But, firstly, since this is Kathryn's thread, I'll reiterate that neither of Faye's stated intentions with her book - to present a non-judicial argument for OJ's criminal culpability and to fully humanize Nicole in all of her flawed authenticity - necessitates the inclusion of any commentary whatsoever on Kathryn; referencing Kris within the narrative will forever and always be evidence to me that Faye considered the dish value/quotient in crafting the book at the very least in addition to those magnanimous motivations she claims. As to the other matters, lesbianism is not objectionable; exploiting lesbianism by inserting a stray and voyeuristic account of two hetero women exploring Sapphic lovin' in an effort to up the titillation factor of one's text, however, is. In the '90s, homosexuality was regarded much more pejoratively (hello, a universe in which DOMA and DADT were considered progressive) and sexual liaisons between women were more or less the domain of "shocking" softcore salaciousness (see: Wild Things, the French kiss in Cruel Intentions). Likewise, racism and misogyny were rampant in the public perception of the murders once OJ fled in the Bronco; focus group after focus group conducted by both prosecution and defense found black women, for instance, particularly unsympathetic to Nicole, a mother who was nearly decapitated, and practically dehydrated to rationalize OJ's documented history of violence against her. Tales about how Nicole could no longer satisfy herself sexually with white men because Marcus and OJ were so bomb in their black virility and commentary on Marcus's stereotypically big black cock are horrifying in the context in which Nicole was vilified almost immediately as a whore, a seductress who stole a catch from black women, a Looking for Mr. Goodbar cautionary tale who basically got what she deserved, etc. Faye writes little to nothing in the actual book about why she included all of the tabloidesque details in question - the book also was published about four months after the slayings, so she stampeded to complete it. There's certainly a contention to be made that a full-featured portrayal of Nicole could have been helpful - and even a graceful way to achieve that objective. Faye did not accomplish it and did not include any disclaimers about her nominal points - defenses of Nicole's sexual independence as a norm among adult women, assertions that dv victims don't have to be saints, a mature assessment of the racial dynamics at play in the public eye: none of that is in the memoir (perhaps it would have taken more than a couple of weeks to include these supposedly galvanizing points of departure). Add in the fact that Faye insists she was thinking of Sydney and Justin when spilling all this intel on their mama's cocaine snorting, lust for black penis so intense that she performed fellatio on a sleeping neighbor while stumbling home from clubbing, and other such charming mementos, and I'm calling bullshit. I have no problem with any of that behavior; it doesn't mean I want comparable exploits of my own memorialized in print for my family to refer to. Nor did Nicole consent to any of this noble truth-telling from her friend Faye - she couldn't because she was in the ground (if only barely) when the chick who she literally provided housing when she was homeless hightailed it to Vermont with a profiteer in order to commit all of the most Jackie Collins-esque vignettes she could to paper.

• Love 5

Zoeysmom, I have a question about this part of your post:

It always seems to me like Kathryn, who does not label, is so vicious towards Faye

I didn't watch the interview, but has Kathryn been vicious towards Faye? That one confrontation left me thinking that Kathryn pretty much got owned by TMCFR. Have there been other instances that I missed where she was vicious towards her? I love me some LisV, but even I will admit that she was much more vicious towards Faye than anyone else - not that I mind since I don't have any love at all for Faye Resnick.

• Love 2

Zoeysmom, I have a question about this part of your post:

I didn't watch the interview, but has Kathryn been vicious towards Faye? That one confrontation left me thinking that Kathryn pretty much got owned by TMCFR. Have there been other instances that I missed where she was vicious towards her? I love me some LisV, but even I will admit that she was much more vicious towards Faye than anyone else - not that I mind since I don't have any love at all for Faye Resnick.

To her face, not so much.  Saying what she did in her talking heads, pretty vicious.  I see it this way, I don't take the hard line stance others do about Faye writing about Nicole because the sensational stuff about Nicole becomes the focus. Faye believed she was truly doing the right thing by outing OJ and his abusiveness when others stood mute.  Faye knew her history was flawed and in telling her story she needed to be truthful.  It could not be Faye, twice rehabbed cokehead best friends with Mother Theresa, Nicole. It was Kathryn decided it was a good idea to dredge up 22 year old history. It sounds to me like it was her ticket onto the show.  I think if Kathryn had taken the time to read the passage Faye had written about her she would have maybe softened her stance.  Kathryn, probably from watching past seasons figured she could trigger an over the top response from Faye.  Instead Kathryn got a , "I didn't say anything pejorative (which was true). The one thing Kathryn did not want to get into was a discussion over the facts.

LVP problem is she backed the wrong horse in the disagreement she had with Faye.  First, Faye explained why she was supportive of Adrienne, then Faye was standing up for Kyle and Adrienne while LVP was still mad over the Reunion Season 2.  All LVP had was venue and Brandi on her side.  Three years later it just rings hollow that LVP even wants to revisit the comments.  LVP needs to drop the Faye stuff.   There is no way to call it anything but a grudge.

• Love 1

To her face, not so much.  Saying what she did in her talking heads, pretty vicious.  I see it this way, I don't take the hard line stance others do about Faye writing about Nicole because the sensational stuff about Nicole becomes the focus. Faye believed she was truly doing the right thing by outing OJ and his abusiveness when others stood mute.  Faye knew her history was flawed and in telling her story she needed to be truthful.  It could not be Faye, twice rehabbed cokehead best friends with Mother Theresa, Nicole. It was Kathryn decided it was a good idea to dredge up 22 year old history. It sounds to me like it was her ticket onto the show.  I think if Kathryn had taken the time to read the passage Faye had written about her she would have maybe softened her stance.  Kathryn, probably from watching past seasons figured she could trigger an over the top response from Faye.  Instead Kathryn got a , "I didn't say anything pejorative (which was true). The one thing Kathryn did not want to get into was a discussion over the facts.

I admit that I find Kathryn as bland as white bread, so maybe I haven't paid attention. What did she say in her talking heads that was vicious? My dislike of Faye Resnick is really about how she inserts herself in conversations that have nothing to do with her at other people's events. 

• Love 1

nowcheckthat posted an interesting link in the First Look thread that shows the not bland side of Katherine that is coming up, hopefully next week!!!   Delicious and just the 'pick me up' we need.  

Edited by wings707

Faye wrote that FOR MONEY.  She could have been a good witness for Nicole's side, had she not sold her soul and her shocking stories, full of salacious details, that made her testimony worthless and suspect.  Nicole wasn't even cold when Faye launched her money making ideas.  She included shit that no children need ever know about their mother as well, and yes, kids DO grow up, but worse, hear it on TV, or from other kids at school.

She included the stuff about Kathryn because Marcus was famous, basically just repeating gossip, something allegedly Kris said (and how did Kris even know?)

I'm appalled at Faye, she is not worth forgiveness, sickening woman, continued her quest for profiting from those murders by going on TV (for money) and doing Playboy (for money.)  Then she pushed out a 2nd book!  All because her "best friend" was butchered.  Kathryn has just as much right to be sickened by Faye as anyone else, more really. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 5