Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion: How's Your Head?

Just reading your posts makes me not read the synopsis.

I guess my wish for a Christmas Miracle was rejected.

Well, to be fair, this episode was already in the bag before the whole backlash to the show. This one and the next one I believe. They were filming number 15 before Christmas break.

But number 14  - I just feel cringy thinking about it. Ugh. It's funny, the more Katrina they give us, to try to make us like her, the more I dislike and loathe her. Good job, show.

• Love 5

Well, to be fair, this episode was already in the bag before the whole backlash to the show. This one and the next one I believe. They were filming number 15 before Christmas break.

But number 14 - I just feel cringy thinking about it. Ugh. It's funny, the more Katrina they give us, to try to make us like her, the more I dislike and loathe her. Good job, show.

You and saving grace are such optimists - I really want to be one too (maybe it's like being a pepper?).

Maybe Abbie can wake up and find all of S2 was just a dream.

ETA: a really really bad dream

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 2

But number 14  - I just feel cringy thinking about it. Ugh. It's funny, the more Katrina they give us, to try to make us like her, the more I dislike and loathe her. Good job, show.

Yeah - that seems to be the consensus on the FB page too - fans who "used to like Katrina" are now so completely and utterly sick of her... but you know, I think that Goffman thinks that he can just keep forcing her on us and we'll accept her.

Based on the heavy Katrina focus coming up, I think his plan is to just give in to what he wants, which is Katrina as lead with Crane and she'll eventually get her magic back.

Just wait.

The fact that Fox had to step in just to get the Abbie centric episodes at the end of the season proves that Goffman will never relinquish his Katrina focus. He's too busy 1) blaming shipping (Lord I wish that WAS reason we were upset! Remember those days!?) and 2) being angry that we won't like his pet character, which makes him 3) force her on us more.

So he will try to give Abbie more stuff - but she won't be like a true lead anymore. Anytime we get a lot of Abbie Mills, he will put in a LOT of Katrina at the same time. That way he can claim to Fox that Katrina isn't the problem - maybe he can convince them that Abbie is.

Frankly, I think he must have watched the Sleepy Hollow movie sometime last year and somehow convinced himself that (with Katrina elevated to lead in everything but the official title) was what people REALLY wanted to see and not the Two Witnesses with Nicole Beharie as female lead.

What bothers me about all of this is that Katia Winter never chemtested with anyone. Because originally she was supposed to be killed off. So not only do I have to suffer the fact that her presence derails the show from its original premise, I also have to suffer that she didn't "earn" her part the way the rest of the cast did. She slid in sideways and then started making demands at the end to get more screen time. And this train wreck of a show is the result.

Anyway - who plans on watching the back half? Because I don't want to watch? I just want to come here and read about what happened. I won't watch unless you guys tell me the show is fixed.

• Love 6

THIS!It's like the writers are trying to turn SH into "Supernatural".Ichabod is no longer special. Heck - Abbie is the one who seems out of place now what with all of the CFD.I supposed that's the point.

Whoa whoa whoa. No need to drag my Beloved SPN into this as though it's a bad thing :(

Whoa whoa whoa. No need to drag my Beloved SPN into this as though it's a bad thing :(

Sorry didn't mean it that way - SPN is a good show.

What I meant was that Sleepy Hollow was a good show when they stuck to their original premise of the 2 witnesses fighting the apocalypse. Sleepy Hollow didn't need to become Supernatural - especially not Supernatural with Abbie sidelined and Katrina elevated to lead status.

This was posted by HalcyonDays in the media thread. I thought it merited discussion here.

This is a HUGE spoiler for what's going to happen with the last episode from a line in a casting call.

At least to me it is, because it sort of/possibly confirms a theory I (and others) have had. It's only one line, and no detail, but you can possibly extrapolate.

"our (SH) last episode will be all flashbacks". Which leads me to believe that the entire season has all taken place in Purgatory and Abbie never left. Forshadowed by the opened scene of This is War, where Henry was messing with her and Crane.

However, my miserable cynical side says they could kill off Abbie, and have Ichabod reminscining over the good times with her...cause Goffman....

I would love for that to be the case but the downside of that is that Jenny was in a pretty bad accident at the end of season 1. If Abbie's still in purgatory it could mean Jenny didn't actually make it.

Somehow I think the flashbacks will involve  Abby's ancestor Grace Dixon since the writing team is racing to include more Abbie backstory. More likely it will be more Katrina. We already know she's going to be playing a dual role.

I am not sure if this belongs in the media thread or in this spoiler thread, but since it's a tumblr image with what can now be seen as spoilers... maybe it's an Easter Egg?

Remember the youtube video with John Noble (toward the beginning of the year) as Henry the lawyer with all of the ways he can help?

Someone on tumblr posted this and put yellow arrows on things that have already happened - and quite a bit is from S2.

And given the upcoming episode about an art piece, I thought it was relevant.

Take a look: https://31.media.tumblr.com/a0c6fa26377a0e6008b8a03c5c686b6a/tumblr_nhhdbvZtTc1qbfgxoo1_1280.png

I love the idea of the flashbacks being that this entire season never happened but I bet it's more that the mid season finale never happened. That awful Henry pretended to kill Moloch or made them believe it with visions or something but the whole thing was fake and we're stuck with that horrible story all over again.

Hopefully, whatever the situation, we get Capt. Irving back. I'll take a do over or whatever it takes to get that to happen.

This was posted by HalcyonDays in the media thread. I thought it merited discussion here.

I would love for that to be the case but the downside of that is that Jenny was in a pretty bad accident at the end of season 1. If Abbie's still in purgatory it could mean Jenny didn't actually make it.

Somehow I think the flashbacks will involve  Abby's ancestor Grace Dixon since the writing team is racing to include more Abbie backstory. More likely it will be more Katrina. We already know she's going to be playing a dual role.

What? I've been lurking around in this thread and the bitterness thread since I stopped watching the show several episodes  back, but I've missed this one. Are you saying Goffman loves the actress so much he's given her additional characters to play? Oy gevalt. 

Dual role is Katia playing her ancestor Helena van Tassel during the Salem Witch trials. Basically her with a blonde wig.

If it makes you guys feel better, that karaoke scene in episode 14 with have a solo by Crane, solo by Abbie and a duet. How on earth this factors into the episode, where the Cranes go on that date/investigate art thing, I have no clue.

Maybe Crane's marriage finally ends and he sings New Order's Blue Monday. (the Orgy version is better). Actually, it might be more appropriate for Abbie. I can only hope.

• Love 1

I don't know if I like the whole season being a dream or whatever! This would mean more Katrina "who is all fierce" now. Ugh! But then again, I do want something drastic to happen to make me even care about this show as much as I used. This is soo hard...

• Love 1

After some rambling in the Paradise Lost thread...

They keep referring to separating Abraham from the "Avatar of Death." And the show says that they will have an episode that is heavy in Hinduism.

In Hindiusm, an avatar is supposed to mean a deliberate descent of a diety to Earth (thanks Wiki). I guess that's the episode that Abraham will somehow be freed/redeemed...hmmm...

It's a stupid idea for them to redeem the horsemen. They should not be redeemed because they are not evil per se. They just are. How in Hell do you redeem Death? He's the grim reaper really. What a totally stupid idea. You can't redeem Death because Death is not evil.

• Love 4
A WOMAN FROM HAWLEY'S PAST WREAKS HAVOC ON AN ALL-NEW "SLEEPY HOLLOW" MONDAY, JANUARY 26, ON FOX

With the help of Ichabod, Abbie and Jenny, Nick Hawley faces off against his evil childhood caretaker, and Captain Frank Irving adjusts to his new... life(?)... .in the all-new "Kali Yuga" episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Monday, Jan. 26 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-214) (TV-14 L, V)

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 2.14 - Kali Yuga - Press Release

Posted by Paradox at Thursday, January 08, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/sleepy-hollow-episode-214-kali-yuga.html

Edited by tv echo

With the help of Ichabod, Abbie and Jenny, Nick Hawley faces off against his evil childhood caretaker, and Captain Frank Irving adjusts to his new... life(?)... .in the all-new "Kali Yuga" episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Monday, Jan. 26 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-214) (TV-14 L, V)

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 2.14 - Kali Yuga - Press Release

Posted by Paradox at Thursday, January 08, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/sleepy-hollow-episode-214-kali-yuga.html

I'm glad they specified that the evil woman after Hawley was his caretaker. I was ready to cry foul at yet another jilted woman turning evil storyline.

I like Hawley so I'm looking forward to this episode.

• Love 1

They keep referring to separating Abraham from the "Avatar of Death." And the show says that they will have an episode that is heavy in Hinduism.

Wait, what? I've pretty much given up on this show, but if they separate this 'Avatar of Death' from Abraham, then he's just a headless corpse. What, is he going to magically regrow a head, or is his own rotten, decomposed bonce going to magically reattach? Just so Katrina can have a fuck puppet on the side? Do they not remember that Ichabod chopped his head off, and the only thing keeping him 'alive' was the spirit of Death?

Lord, how do things get so bad, so quickly? The Headless Horseman went from a malevolent, merciless enemy to a joke, in less time than it takes for Ichabod to rant about his latest discontent with the modern world.

And now Hawley gets his own episode? There are no words.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 2

Wait, what? I've pretty much given up on this show, but if they separate this 'Avatar of Death' from Abraham, then he's just a headless corpse. What, is he going to magically regrow a head, or is his own rotten, decomposed bonce going to magically reattach?

I assume that's what the kindred is for, to give Abraham his head back with a little help from StruggleWitch. No, I don't expect the Kindred to return and do anything cool. In fact, I suspected its whole purpose was to give back the head to Headless from the very beginning. I still have a little hope they are not so lame to do this.

And now Hawley gets his own episode? There are no words.

I used to like Nick, but his character ran his course in Heartless. The way they're using him is making me cringe and I just want him gone. The fact that he's getting his own episode is ridiculous. I don't know why they're doing this.

On the bright side, none of the synopsis so far have mentioned Henry and that is a huge relief!

Wait, what? I've pretty much given up on this show, but if they separate this 'Avatar of Death' from Abraham, then he's just a headless corpse. What, is he going to magically regrow a head, or is his own rotten, decomposed bonce going to magically reattach? Just so Katrina can have a fuck puppet on the side? Do they not remember that Ichabod chopped his head off, and the only thing keeping him 'alive' was the spirit of Death?

My apologies for riling you up, Danny Franks. I posted this before the synopsis for Kali Yuga episode. I was just speculating since Avatar of Death could someone be related to Hindu, and knew an episode would feature Hinduism. The hindu part actually will show up in the Kali Yuga episode, which focuses on Hawley.

I assume that's what the kindred is for, to give Abraham his head back with a little help from StruggleWitch. No, I don't expect the Kindred to return and do anything cool. In fact, I suspected its whole purpose was to give back the head to Headless from the very beginning. I still have a little hope they are not so lame to do this.

And like Indi said, the poor Kindred will somehow pop up and end up being killed (??can you kill him) so the skull can be retrieved and Abraham saved/redeemed/whatever. That's Kindred's purpose now.

My apologies for riling you up, Danny Franks. I posted this before the synopsis for Kali Yuga episode. I was just speculating since Avatar of Death could someone be related to Hindu, and knew an episode would feature Hinduism. The hindu part actually will show up in the Kali Yuga episode, which focuses on Hawley.

Oh, it's not you riling me up, I assure you. It's the writers of this show, who seem utterly determined to ruin everything I liked about it. I like the idea of them spreading their wings and looking at other religion myths, because it doesn't bind their world into a 'Christianity is right!' stance, but I just hate the execution of all of it, so far.

• Love 1

Help me understand something please? If Abraham is separated from the avatar of death isn't he,well...dead? And, if Katrina has the power to bring him back to life, where has that power been when the Witnesses needed it?

I don't understand, and pretty much hate, this new Sleepy Hollow?

• Love 2

I just don't ha e a clue why they think that the audience for this show wants to see the not! Destruction of headless or the CFD. I have seen many a show lose focus on what was working namely Human Target, which was so very much fun in this first season and they threw away what worked. I want more crazy squirrelly bad American history with Ichabod Crane and and tie that to the apocalspyse.. You know like they promised. I'll always have The Midnight Ride and Necromancer I guess

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

It would seem that someone like Abby or Jenny would raise their hand and say, Hey, Abraham is 200+ years old. Saving him serves no actual purpose because he ALREADY DIED.

Is anyone going to tell StruggleWitch it's a little different to save Abraham's life when he's 1) Not a Witness and 2)Not a Witch and 3)Not at all useful enough to keep alive 200+ years after he would have died.

• Love 2

Maybe they'll find out he's really a Leviathan...who's head will reattach and if that happens, I hope Supernatural goes after them for plagiarizing LOL (yes I know Leviathan are fair game, but the head reattaching...I dunno!).

Also, I kind of hope the whole thing fails and it actually pisses off Headless so much that we get Headless back in all his glory. I miss that guy.

Edited by catrox14
Episode 2.14 - "Kali Yuga" (26-Jan-2015)

Nick Hawley is surprised by the sudden return of the beautiful and mysterious Carmilla Pines, a woman from his distant past to whom he owes a debt... and she is ready to collect. Hawley breaks into Crane and Mills’ Archive to procure a book needed to complete her task, and, following some research, Ichabod, Abbie and Jenny learn that Carmilla – in addition to being a treasure hunter and a killer – has also been transformed into a “Vetala”... a demon servant of “Kali”, the Hindu goddess of death and regeneration. Even as our heroes work to figure out a way to rescue Nick and defeat Carmilla – who was Hawley’s Godmother and legal guardian following his parents’ death – Nick agrees to help in her task of breaking into the original Fort Knox, which is rumored to house a treasure trove of occult items, in the hopes of stealing an artifact capable of restoring her humanity. Meanwhile, at the Sleepy Hollow courthouse, Frank Irving is surprised and delighted to discover the murder charges against him have been dropped and he is free to go. But when the former police Captain returns home, he finds it difficult to readjust to any sort of normalcy, and he and his wife, Cynthia, seek out help to divine who the true owner of his soul is.

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 2.14 - Kali Yuga - Extended Synopsis

Posted by Paradox at Monday, January 12, 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/sleepy-hollow-episode-214-kali-yuga_12.html

Edited by tv echo

From the Spellcaster extended synopsis:

And Henry, unsure of his new place in the world, struggles to find his identity, while Katrina learns something new – and unsettling – about herself and her powers.

And I've found a new possible insomnia treatment. 

• Love 3

I do not care about Hawley past. I care about Ichabod and Abbie being witnesses. This is why the order of 18 episodes is problematic for the show. Because this is a filler. And I am becoming increasingly annoyed that Hawley is the action man lately and not Ichabod,unless of course it's to defend katrina or fight Abraham. Remember when Ichabod had the brains to figure things out. Remember when he could decipher the codes and was forest Gumping his way through life. Sigh...

• Love 10

I don't think the number of episodes is necessarily the issue. Yeah, these descriptions read liked filler, but it's not like we got so many episodes dealing with the witnesses and their role in the Apocalypse that we just didn't have enough plot or character exploration to go around. The writers just aren't interested in writing anything other than CFD with any depth and have now turned any other episode into MotW filler. The show killing off Moloch without ever letting us know what the heck happened in the woods with the Mills sisters or exploring why Abbie was chosen and choosing to give us filler instead is mind boggling.

These last few spoilers read like really bad episodes of Supernatural.

• Love 6
And Henry, unsure of his new place in the world, struggles to find his identity, while Katrina learns something new – and unsettling – about herself and her powers.

Henry - unsure of his new place in the world/struggles to find identity. You know what is really weird about this - Henry had a life before all of this. He was a sin-eater, and however else he earned money. He was raised from the ground like 13 years ago, and doing his Sin-Eater thing for that long. How long has he been Horseman of War? A few months. This just sounds weird.

As for Katrina discovering something about her powers...How about that she never had any decent powers? Oh wait, we already knew that.

Actually, the revelation could be actually interesting. Maybe the longer she uses her powers, it starts to physically hurt her? Or there is the possibility that she could lose them? We'll see.

• Love 2

Henry - unsure of his new place in the world/struggles to find identity. You know what is really weird about this - Henry had a life before all of this. He was a sin-eater, and however else he earned money. He was raised from the ground like 13 years ago, and doing his Sin-Eater thing for that long. How long has he been Horseman of War? A few months. This just sounds weird.

As for Katrina discovering something about her powers...How about that she never had any decent powers? Oh wait, we already knew that.

Actually, the revelation could be actually interesting. Maybe the longer she uses her powers, it starts to physically hurt her? Or there is the possibility that she could lose them? We'll see.

Henry was also a lawyer, so his "struggle" doesn't ring true to me. We're talking about a Crane though, so whining is his default setting. One thing I'm almost certain of is that I don't care. He's boring either way.

What revelation could Katrina have about her powers now, that she didn't when she supposedly actually used them for much longer in the past? She was an important member of a coven, which means she had to display her abilities and impress her peers on a regular basis. If they hurt her when used, she should know by now.

I'm sorry, I'm talking like these writers know what they're doing.

Edited by stacey
Removing inappropriate nickname
  • Love 7

Henry was also a lawyer, so his "struggle" doesn't ring true to me. We're talking about a Crane though, so whining is his default setting. One thing I'm almost certain of is that I don't care. He's boring either way.

What revelation could Katrina have about her powers now, that she didn't when she supposedly actually used them for much longer in the past? She was an important member of a coven, which means she had to display her abilities and impress her peers on a regular basis. If they hurt her when used, she should know by now.

I'm sorry, I'm talking like these writers know what they're doing.

You are absolutely right - the writers have no idea what they are doing. Not surprised. None of the motivations make sense, which is pretty much the whole season.

As for Henry being a lawyer, for some reason I thought he just claimed to be a lawyer so he could get access to Frank at Tarrytown. I never thought he actually was a trained and/or practicing lawyer. I thought he just made it up. But the whole premise still doesn't make sense, since he had another life prior to the Sin-Eater episode. But these writers have no concept of continuity. Like what, he's going to mope about not being Moloch's right hand guy anymore. What did he do before?

Thinking of other spoilers I have read, I'm thinking now that Katrina has to be part of a Coven to maintain her powers. The other spoiler is that she wants to find other witches and warlocks and start her own little coven. So maybe she finds out she has to be part of one, to maintain her (weak) powers. I'm just guessing. Anything to get her OFF my screen. But from the released synopsis', that isn't going to happen. And after Spellcaster, there are only three more episodes left.

• Love 3

Regarding Henry (lol) - for the 13 years he has been around, he may have been a sin eater, but I got the feeling he was in communication with Moloch . Moloch is the the one that unburied him and probably told him something of what was to come.  Plus, he's probably been brewing his hate and planning the downfall of his parents and coming apocalypse, etc for all that time.  Without Moloch leading him, and also with learning that Moloch really did just think of him as a tool, I can see him being lost.  I'm not saying I'll feel any sympathy for him, but I can see that recent events would unsettle him.  I wonder if he'll turn into the next "Moloch"/Apocalypse-bringer or if it'll go the other way and he'll reform.

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 2.15 - Spellcaster

A WARLOCK IS ON THE LOOSE ON AN ALL-NEW "SLEEPY HOLLOW" MONDAY, FEBRUARY 2, ON FOX

After escaping Purgatory, a warlock (guest star Jonathan Schaech) who triggered the Salem witch trials returns to find a dangerous book of spells. Meanwhile, Abbie attempts to trust Frank Irving again, while Henry struggles to find his identity in the all-new "Spellcaster" episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Monday, Feb. 2 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-215) (TV-14 L, V)

FOX Upcoming Episode Press Releases - Various Shows - 14th January 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/fox-upcoming-episode-press-releases.html

2x15 - "Spellcaster" (02-Feb-2015)

While preparing for an auction of mementos and artifacts once belonging to Queen Elizabeth I, the discovery of “The Grand Grimoire” – a rare journal containing spells of forbidden black magic which once belonged to the Royal Court’s “sorcerer supreme” – attracts the attention of Solomon Kent, a powerful warlock who, despite his own magical nature, was responsible for triggering the Salem Witch Trials. Having escaped Purgatory in the wake of Moloch’s death, Kent has come to claim the powerful tome for his own malevolent purposes. Following the mysterious deaths of two auction house employees, Crane and Mills are called in to investigate and, after learning of the mystical book’s recent reappearance, elicit Katrina’s help in their mission. Katrina learns that despite the book’s power, Kent will not be able to avail himself of the spells within until he locates several of the book’s missing pages, and Ichabod and Abbie race to secure them before their foe can... but they may already be too late. Meanwhile, Frank Irving tells Abbie that his soul is “clean” in the hopes it will allay her concerns about his being under demonic control, but she remains understandably suspicious. And Henry, unsure of his new place in the world, struggles to find his identity, while Katrina learns something new – and unsettling – about herself and her powers.

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 2.15 - Spellcaster - Synopsis

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/sleepy-hollow-episode-215-spellcaster_14.html

Edited by tv echo

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 2.15 - Spellcaster - Synopsis

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/01/sleepy-hollow-episode-215-spellcaster_14.html

I can't even with this comment from the link.

LOVE the sound of this episode. Finally an episode I've been hoping for so long. I hope the writers opt to forget about the fandom on this show. Those of us who were the original fandom have been forced out by a demographic that seeks to hinder our participation and it has been documented by Lifestyle and a professional fangirl. The show's writers need to know that we like and want Katrina in Crane's life and in the team. No disrespect, but Ms. Beharie is not the central character here but part of an ensemble cast that includes Katia Winter. I realize there is chemistry between the Abbie/Crane characters, BUT as partners. I feel no romantic vibes there. Can we please just let Crane/Katrina have some time to become a loving couple again (angst aside) and go forward from there?

Off to barf now!

Edited by savinggrace
  • Love 6

That was a joke, right?  Please tell me that comment was full of sarcasm and no one actually believes we need more CFD and less Abbie.

Katrina in pain?  I would watch the hell out of that show.

Can this show FINALLY admit to the fact that Katrina is shady as hell? Please tell me this isn't going to be a mistake by the writers or something overlooked or forgotten by the writers. Because if they brush this and her lies to the side again....

Because the very first clip here...with Katrina and Abigail Adams...Um...I am 100% positive that Katrina told Ichabod (in the Golem episode) that she did not know she was pregnant before he was put in the ground. And that smirk after Adams says 'little monster'. Come on...they have to address this.

IDK I didn't even remember that specifically so I don't think they DO have to I think even if they have relented and turned her evil it will be precisely that she will be "turned" evil by some new well of "power". External to who she really is though. I wish I could barf right in Goffman's face. 

• Love 2

IDK I didn't even remember that specifically so I don't think they DO have to I think even if they have relented and turned her evil it will be precisely that she will be "turned" evil by some new well of "power". External to who she really is though. I wish I could barf right in Goffman's face. 

...and yet another prospect of redemption would be on the table. I can already see it "Can Crane and Mills save Katrina from the evil that has overtaken her?"