Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion: How's Your Head?

By no longer basing the plot strictly on Revelations and going the "international" route it sounds like Goffman & Co want to diminish the relevance of the two witnesses and open the door for StruggleWitch to become even more central to the plot. Throwing in yet another love interest for Abbie is just another way of keeping Ichabbie off the table.

• Love 2

I thought the Jonathan Schaech's angel was her love interest? Adding a love interest isn't giving Abbie story: look at Hawley. He didn't even got to be her love interest but he was advertised as such. So I guess Schaech won't be either. RME. Get a clue. FIRE GOFFMAN.

• Love 2

I thought the Jonathan Schaech's angel was her love interest? Adding a love interest isn't giving Abbie story: look at Hawley. He didn't even got to be her love interest but he was advertised as such. So I guess Schaech won't be either. RME. Get a clue. FIRE GOFFMAN.

From what I've read, Schaech's character is a warlock from the Salem Witch trial period. Katia Winter appears also, in blonde wig, playing her ancester Helena van Tassel (because Goffman hasn't put enough Katia on my screen *rolls.eyes*). Not a love interest for Abbie.

The latest is the casting of Sharif Atkins who will play a photojournalist and grew up in SH resident, who comes back into town. He's the latest "love interest".

From what I've read, Schaech's character is a warlock from the Salem Witch trial period. Katia Winter appears also, in blonde wig, playing her ancester Helena van Tassel (because Goffman hasn't put enough Katia on my screen *rolls.eyes*). Not a love interest for Abbie.

The latest is the casting of Sharif Atkins who will play a photojournalist and grew up in SH resident, who comes back into town. He's the latest "love interest".

Yeah, like you said I think I read a while ago that he is supposed to be connected to Katrina's ancestor & is only expected to be in one episode. He'll probably only appear in flashbacks so he probably won't interact with anyone during the present time.

Luke, Nick, & now Calvin have all been described as "love interest" for Abbie. The first two went no where & I'm okay with it in Nick's case because of his romantic history with Jenny. We'll see if the third time is the charm though or at least if the showrunners will pretend to care about Abbie's love life for more than five minutes. I've seen some things that Sharif Atkins has been in & thought he did a good job, so hopefully these writers will give him some good material to work with. If their investment in his storyline is much closer to Luke's instead of Nick's, then any type of romantic relationship with Abbie will most likely appear off screen. I won't be watching the 2nd half of the season in real time but after the season ends, if I read feedback on how it played out & see that his character's introduction was written in an interesting way, then I might check out his scenes later on.

I thought I saw some speculation when he was first announced that Max Brown's Orion might be a love interest for Abbie also.

I never liked Luke, so I was glad that didn't go anywhere. I like Hawley, but the Jenny thing made that idea icky. I thought the idea of Orion could be interesting, because Max Brown is tall, handsome, and British like Mison and pulls off characters who are smart and imperious really well, so Orion might turn out to be rather Crane like. The idea of Abbie totally liking and Crane clashing with a modern day version of himself tickles me for some reason. Oh well, I hope Sharif Atkin's character is interesting. I've only seen him in White Collar, where he was fine, but the character was on the bland side and underused. I would rather have Marsha Thomason come over. Love her. As long as Goffman doesn't bring Hilarie Burton on though, we're all good.

Edited by cynic
  • Love 1

Yes sorry, that is who I was thinking of, and good because I don't care for Schaech. Dude was attractive in his day, but couldn't act for a damn. I liked the idea of this Orion character played by a someone smokin' hot for Abbie, though I liked Hawley (and don't need him to go away entirely forever) giving him a romantic past with Jenny ruined him in that respect.

I thought Orion was supposed to be someone Abbie ends up "following"? And isn't that supposed to be played by Max Brown? I thought he was a potential love interest for Abbie?

I'm getting whiplash.

Whatever - even if they give Abbie a love interest - if it takes away from the 2 witnesses the show won't recover. If the show keeps pushing CFD the show won't recover.

I want Abbie to have her own focus and storyline but I DON'T want it at the expense of the two witnesses... just like I hate how Katrina/CFD has taken away from it - adding another guy to pull Abbie out of the Ichabbie dynamic the way Katrina was pulled away from it just further erodes what made this show special.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 1

I want Abbie to have her own focus and storyline but I DON'T want it at the expense of the two witnesses...

I agree, I really don't think throwing relationship ish for Abbie into the show is going to balance the CFD. I don't like the CFD because it's dull, repetitive and trite. It's a load of domestic tedium that detracts from the demon-battling and eats up too much of the time that used to be spent on sharply written moments where Abbie and Ichabod contrasted their world-views and duties. . Giving Abbie her own version of that is not going to please me, returning the emphasis of the show back to something dominated by Abbie and ichabod as partners combatting evil forces will.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 3

I thought Orion was supposed to be someone Abbie ends up "following"? And isn't that supposed to be played by Max Brown? I thought he was a potential love interest for Abbie?

I'm getting whiplash.

Whatever - even if they give Abbie a love interest - if it takes away from the 2 witnesses the show won't recover. If the show keeps pushing CFD the show won't recover.

Honestly, I think these press announcements about Abbie + Love Interest is the same as those little scenes the show throws in to appease Ichabbie shippers. They are pandering to the audience, without actually producing anything of substance. Orion was/is supposed to be either a love interest or someone who connects with Abbie deeply. There was/is a character named David - love interest. Calvin now, Hawley before and god knows who else they will throw in.

It's pandering and also ensuring that Abbie and Ichabod stay apart and probably gives Goffman and co and excuse to push more Katrina. Cause you know, we gotta balance Abbie's vast and all encompassing relationships with Katrina. /sarcasm

I want Abbie to have her own focus and storyline but I DON'T want it at the expense of the two witnesses... just like I hate how Katrina/CFD has taken away from it - adding another guy to pull Abbie out of the Ichabbie dynamic the way Katrina was pulled away from it just further erodes what made this show special.

Agggh THIS. Like  this is not hard, this is what won the show so much acclaim (along with the crackalicious plots and legit creepiness). How can people live in such mortal fear of putting their two lead together and letting their chemistry and acting talent carry the damn show? They are fighting the damn apocolypse, that will slow the roll of any romantic feelings/physical attraction that are bubbling beneath the surface. Especially after this season JESUS they have so much to work through like Ichabod working night and day to earn back whatever shred of trust in him Abbie has left in her body.

• Love 3

Ugh! Yet another boring plot about redeeming a Horseman of the Apocalypse with StruggleWitch as main character.

It barely mentions Abbie, it's just more and more CFD and the only thing they say about her is that somehow she's comfortable being passive about the Apocalypse, while Ichy is the proactive one. Did the writers forget she was the one, who was focused on defeating evil, while Ichy kept whining about his family? What the hell? That's so OOC, it's embarrassing.

I am tired of reading synopsis after synopsis describing Ichy and StruggleWitch having issues in their marriage. How many times do I need to see Ichy whining about his lack of trust and in the next breath declare his undying faith in her? What kind of stupid writing is this?

• Love 4

Ugh! Yet another boring plot about redeeming a Horseman of the Apocalypse with StruggleWitch as main character.

It barely mentions Abbie, it's just more and more CFD and the only thing they say about her is that somehow she's comfortable being passive about the Apocalypse, while Ichy is the proactive one. Did the writers forget she was the one, who was focused on defeating evil, while Ichy kept whining about his family? What the hell? That's so OOC, it's embarrassing.

I am tired of reading synopsis after synopsis describing Ichy and StruggleWitch having issues in their marriage. How many times do I need to see Ichy whining about his lack of trust and in the next breath declare his undying faith in her? What kind of stupid writing is this?

I have no problem with the redeeming of Abraham, tbh. Considering all they could do is yak about redeeming Henry, it's nice the Crane's stop thinking about themselves for once and someone else who is more worthy. Besides, in my head, I picture Abraham becomes a mortal human again, and he and Katrina go riding off into the sunset, never to be seen again. See what I did there?

As for OOC for Abbie, I disagree. Last season, remember the skinny jeans scene? Crane's pouring over deciphering the Moloch clue about giving the demon Abbie, and she's all nonchalant, don't stress too much over it. This season, the same thing. She's the one who suggested the yoga to get their minds off things, that guess my ID game, and other things to get them not so focused. I like that about her. But here is the difference with her. Crane over-analyzes and over thinks and becomes OCD over stuff, but when push comes to shove, he can't pull the trigger. Abbie, on the other hand, logically and intuitively understands what needs to be done, don't stress (too much) over it, but when the time comes, she WILL pull the trigger and get things done. I love that about her.

As for stupid writing...It's Goffman and co, what did you expect? *shrug* You know the back half of the season is Katrina focused. It's all about the Katrina's and I don't care about the marriage either. Just let it end and be done with it.

• Love 2

I so don't care about Abraham or Katrina, or Katrina/Abraham.  BUT:

Besides, in my head, I picture Abraham becomes a mortal human again, and he and Katrina go riding off into the sunset, never to be seen again. See what I did there?

As David Brent once said, "Every cloud....!"

I do agree that it's very in character for Abbie to savor whatever slivers of apple pie soup that comes her way, my girl is ZEN she deals with what is actually happening in the moment and responds appropriately. I love you Abbie Mills.

Besides, in my head, I picture Abraham becomes a mortal human again, and he and Katrina go riding off into the sunset, never to be seen again. See what I did there?

Here is why Abraham's redemption arc makes even less sense than Henry's redemption, even if he's more likable and entertaining than War: Making him human again means his immediate death. The only reason this human without a head is still walking around is his link to the avatar of Death. Why would Abraham agree to die? Why should I be interested in watching even more villain decay?

Why should I care about this plot, when this stupid useless witch could focus her efforts on the far more interesting Frank Irving? Because it looks like they have forgotten him already.

• Love 1

Here is why Abraham's redemption arc makes even less sense than Henry's redemption, even if he's more likable and entertaining than War: Making him human again means his immediate death. The only reason this human without a head is still walking around is his link to the avatar of Death. Why would Abraham agree to die? Why should I be interested in watching even more villain decay?

Why should I care about this plot, when this stupid useless witch could focus her efforts on the far more interesting Frank Irving? Because it looks like they have forgotten him already.

Let's just assume the writers actually decide to do what a lot of us want, and kill off Katrina (please, please pretty please), I could see some story like, she makes Abraham mortal, some demons show up, big fight ensues, somehow one of them gets attacked, the other tries to help them, both get killed in the process. It's early morning, so my brain is half functional right now. I guess I could see it (sorry hope) that when he becomes mortal, it will be a catalyst to kill both of them off. Wishful thinking, I know.

Because you are right. that's the joke - and truth - about Katrina. She couldn't do magic to take out the Succubus, she could do magic to help Frank. That's the (many) flaws with the writers - they said her powers are weak - okay. But she didn't have to save Franks life completely. All she had to do was stablized him and stem the bleeding temporarily, and then the gang could get him to a hospital and get him fixed up by actual trained hospital staff. *sigh* But no.

I do think Abe will be mortal though, because the Kindred is supposed to come back, so to the skull, so the poor guy will be killed to get the head back to get Abraham mortal. Honestly though - this isn't a bad storyline overall, IF the rest of the season wasn't contaminated with CFD.

But yeah, I totally agree with you, it's just how I see it playing out. And yeah, I think they have forgotten Frank already. The rest of this season will be more CFD, until the last two episodes which Goffman "kindly" devoted to Abbie. (i.e. cause he was told to, because of the fallout). *lesigh*

Isn't Headless's head on the Kindred who is MIA? Is Katrina going to raise Betsey Ross to sew it back on? I must admit I'm not sure because I am becoming paralyzed by the stupid plots revolving around Katrina's love life.

• Love 2

Honestly, I think these press announcements about Abbie + Love Interest is the same as those little scenes the show throws in to appease Ichabbie shippers. They are pandering to the audience, without actually producing anything of substance. Orion was/is supposed to be either a love interest or someone who connects with Abbie deeply. There was/is a character named David - love interest. Calvin now, Hawley before and god knows who else they will throw in.

It's pandering and also ensuring that Abbie and Ichabod stay apart and probably gives Goffman and co and excuse to push more Katrina. Cause you know, we gotta balance Abbie's vast and all encompassing relationships with Katrina. /sarcasm

Oh you are 100% right on this - that's why for me, if any relationship takes away from the Ichabbie dynamic that MADE this show, I'm not interested.  Goffman just wants to try to appease Abbie/Ichabbie fans with this mess so he can continue pushing Katrina on us.

Nope.

• Love 1

I have no problem with the redeeming of Abraham, tbh. Considering all they could do is yak about redeeming Henry, it's nice the Crane's stop thinking about themselves for once and someone else who is more worthy. Besides, in my head, I picture Abraham becomes a mortal human again, and he and Katrina go riding off into the sunset, never to be seen again. See what I did there?

As for OOC for Abbie, I disagree. Last season, remember the skinny jeans scene? Crane's pouring over deciphering the Moloch clue about giving the demon Abbie, and she's all nonchalant, don't stress too much over it. This season, the same thing. She's the one who suggested the yoga to get their minds off things, that guess my ID game, and other things to get them not so focused. I like that about her. But here is the difference with her. Crane over-analyzes and over thinks and becomes OCD over stuff, but when push comes to shove, he can't pull the trigger. Abbie, on the other hand, logically and intuitively understands what needs to be done, don't stress (too much) over it, but when the time comes, she WILL pull the trigger and get things done. I love that about her.

As for stupid writing...It's Goffman and co, what did you expect? *shrug* You know the back half of the season is Katrina focused. It's all about the Katrina's and I don't care about the marriage either. Just let it end and be done with it.

My problem with the Abraham redemption arc is that it's not about Abraham - it's about pushing Katrina even MORE to the forefront.  

It's about sideling Abbie.  It's about making Nicole Beharie the supporting actress on her own d@mn show.

I know they've had this stuff filmed - but Goffman is a fool if he thinks this is going to fly with viewers.  Deliverance lost the show a lot of fans - the next two Katrina-focused epps might get rid of the rest.

This is very bad.

• Love 5

Promo photos for episodes 2.12 and 2.13. In case anyone here still had faith the writers would right this ship and Ichy would stop flip-flopping.

Anyway, they did say the issues between the Cranes would get solved in episode13. I hope this means his complaints about StruggleWitch's lies stop once and for all and that realizes he's just as bad as her.

Seeing Abbie in the background proves to me this show doesn't deserve a third season.

• Love 4

Promo photos for episodes 2.12 and 2.13. In case anyone here still had faith the writers would right this ship and Ichy would stop flip-flopping.

I had no such faith. I disengaged from all the SH social media after the last episode. I'm not coming back to the show unless there's a change in writers. Thanks for giving me proof that I made the right decision.

• Love 3

Anyway, they did say the issues between the Cranes would get solved in episode13. I hope this means his complaints about StruggleWitch's lies stop once and for all and that realizes he's just as bad as her.

Seeing Abbie in the background proves to me this show doesn't deserve a third season.

Did they really say that 2.13 would finally resolve the whole Crane melodrama? Well, then..I guess we know the result. How nice of them to put Katrina is a nice cocktail dress, but Abbie still gets to be in her work clothes. *sigh*

And here is something interesting (to me). Promotional photos have been released, but no episode synopsis. I smell Deliverance promo, where they KNEW that episode would anger the viewers, and released as little promo material as possible.

*sigh*. I really feel upset, because I really liked this show. It's like a bad breakup with someone you really really liked. But I just see those photos and go "boring". No interest at all. Mourns for Season 1...

• Love 2

Nothing about those new photos suggest they are for a supernatural drama. Are they actively trying to get the show cancelled at this point?

Yes.

But in the meantime, Goffman will get Katrina into every corset and form-fitting dress and have every man ogle her while he can.

ETA; You guys are going to lose your minds if Abbie is the one shopping for/buying Katrina's dress, aren't you? Oh god, the fallout if this happens is going to make me weep. What a slap in the face to Abbie too, since she still has her "uniform" on.

Promo photos for episodes 2.12 and 2.13, in case people still feel like watching this show.

Oh, and Goffman and the SH writers made a funny. Haha?

*Extended sigh* Well, I guess we all knew the next two episodes were written and filmed long before the outcry. I would have thought the PR team would at least try to find some pictures of Abbie alone OR try to avoid featuring the character fans/critics can't stand. I'll be very interested to see the ratings for these two episodes.

As for the writers' joke - I've been trying so very hard to empathize with them. Trying to think how I would feel if my work had been subjected to public ridicule. Would I make that type of flippant joke? No, no I wouldn't. What a bizarre little team.

Trying to think how I would feel if my work had been subjected to public ridicule.

But they chose a career, that by definition, is a public forum and success is defined by public approval.  Failure too. 

I could never put myself in a position where my work product (and as writers, their creativity and imagination) is that vulnerable. Heck, even a slight rebuke in an anonymous cyberworld forum can sting me quite a bit.  Clearly, no one is going to uncover my deep thoughts, great works of literature (nor art in any form) until after I die.

I'm thinking that Goffman has a gun or is wearing a bomb so all the writers are following his orders in the picture.  The guy standing right next to him looks pretty strained.

• Love 3

It's really had to believe that this is happening!  I know that guys like to see women in tight revealing clothes; but the guys I know were mostly interested in the story, the plot and the action as we saw it last year.  Sure they'll look at a beautiful girl; but will be bored very quickly if the action isn't fast paced, tight and involves lots of chaos.  And the Monsters have to be scary!  Headless is Season 1 was fearless and awesome.  Headless in Season 2 is a lovelorn mess (though he did have some great moments with his rifle or AR or whatever!).

Most Network Execs only care about the bottom line. This show is bleeding viewers and consequently money.  Will scenes of Katrina in a bustier reverse the tide?!

Nothing about those new photos suggest they are for a supernatural drama. Are they actively trying to get the show cancelled at this point?

Well - bringing over my comment from the media thread where a spoiler about the show leaving the whole Revelations/Apocalypse thing behind because it "stifled the writers":

But I'm very very sad about the writers dropping the Revelation/Horseman aspect of the show. That is very - VERY bad. Because that means there is no point to having 2 Witnesses. None at all.

And that means that Goffman's ultimate plan WAS to replace Abbie with Katrina and CFD - worse this means we probably won't be going back to S1 glory. The writers clearly don't want to do it - which is a horrible shame. I cannot believe they think it stifles them creatively - they haven't even TRIED it since the end of S1!

Oh my God - I'm getting pains in my chest. Those STUPID STUPID writers! There are FANFICTION writers who could do this show better!

*Throws something*

• Love 1

How could the Book of Revelation stifle them creatively? Wouldn't it serve as a blueprint or outline for big moments while allowing them to fill in the game gaps with other mythology?

I don't know, seems like an excuse more then anything else. The new Showrunner wants to make the story "his" by going in a totally different direction from the previous showrunner.

It happens quite often but usually show runners don't change until much later in a shows run.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

Yes.

But in the meantime, Goffman will get Katrina into every corset and form-fitting dress and have every man ogle her while he can.

ETA; You guys are going to lose your minds if Abbie is the one shopping for/buying Katrina's dress, aren't you? Oh god, the fallout if this happens is going to make me weep. What a slap in the face to Abbie too, since she still has her "uniform" on.

I thought there was a spoiler about this exact scenario happening.

• Love 1

From the pictures in episode 213, they look like they are standing at the City Hall of Sleepy Hollow. 21st Century Crane Wedding bells? *wink*

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Edited by fantique
  • Love 1

Dear God I didn't think this show could be any more of a train wreck but these spoilers tell me otherwise.

ETA: It's the same story all over again. Katrina and Abbie argue about killing or redeeming Henry with Ichabod torn between them. Henry kills Moloch and Katrina is vindicated. Katrina and Abbie argue about killing or redeeming Abraham with Ichabod torn between them. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Edited by chrisvee
  • Love 2

I think the featurettes show promise. I'm excited to see where they're planning to go with Irvings story. Also, the angel looks fascinating. Then again I'm an optimist who is easy to please.

Edited by LeeLeePanda
  • Love 1

Brought over from the media thread - hope it's appropriate here... it's spoiler speculation on how things will go with Orion and Abbie...

Abbie was rewarded for trusting Joe.  I find it hard to classify Henry as a "reward."  Regardless of whether he's chosen his family or was just pissed at Moloch, he's still a major pill.

Agree about whether Henry is really redeemed or not... jury is still out on whether or not he killed Moloch out of anger or true change.

But - Abbie didn't trust Joe. She hoped he could be saved from a fate he didn't choose.

Then Ichabod turned around and used the situation with Joe (who did not choose to be a Wendigo - Henry FORCED that on him) to reason (what happened to smart Ichabod?) that Henry could be saved in the same way.

I remember feeling really insulted that the writers drew a parallel between Joe and Henry, especially given how Henry was the cause of Joe's troubles in the first place.

That the writers will just let that stand bothers me.

Either way - because of how Ichabod used Abbie's choice there to further his own sad attempt to redeem his horrible son (whom I'm not convinced he's redeemed), I feel like we cannot really count Abbie's "win" there. Apparently it was just a plot point to further the Crane Family Drama.

Now that the Cranes have been "vindicated" for sacrificing countless lives and going against Abbie in their quest for Henredemption, I think that's the precedent the writers have set up. Cranes = right, Abbie=wrong and since the Cranes have now been shown to be "right" about Henry, they'll be "right" about Orion and Abbie will be shown to be the loser.

It's Goffman logic.

• Love 3

Cranes = right, Abbie=wrong and since the Cranes have now been shown to be "right" about Henry, they'll be "right" about Orion and Abbie will be shown to be the loser.

It's Goffman logic.

That's the worse part - the fact that most of us are yelling at the TV going "He can't be redeemed!!" I mean, when even Goffman is like Abbie is the audience's voice, the the AUDIENCE is stating that the Crane's are dumb as hell and totally wrong in their thinking. Because they are. It's one think to have hope for someone who could be saved, it's another to allow a murder to go rampaging about. I believe it could even be considered "Aideing and Abetting."

But yeah, for drama reasons, we'll see Abbie trust Orion, who is going to back her up (which he should), then turn around and betray her, and the idiot Crane's will be like 'See - we're right.' Really, Crane's, you are not.

I think the only think I will accept is if at the end of the season Ichabod kills Henry. That's it. Other than that, no progress is made.

We need to copyright that phrase. Everytime someone does or says something stupid or something nonsensical happens in the show, we tag it *Goffman Logic*

• Love 1

Yep, of course Orion will turn out to be evil! I also think spineless Ichy will side with StruggleWitch against Abbie again and will try to redeem his best friend, a mass murderer.

The synopsis for episode 2.12 said Henry is missing. Any bets he'll make an appearance, probably plotting, at the end of the episode?

Episode 13 won't be the end of the will-they-won't-they Ichytrina snoozefest, either. Not with Goffman at the helm.

• Love 2
"SLEEPY HOLLOW" - (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

ART IMITATES LIFE ON AN ALL-NEW "SLEEPY HOLLOW" MONDAY, JANUARY 19, ON FOX

After the mysterious death of an art restorer at the Sleepy Hollow Historical Society Soiree, Ichabod and Katrina are reminded of a dear friend from their past - Abigail Adams (guest star Michelle Trachtenberg). Meanwhile, Abbie is shocked by someone's visit to the police precinct in the all-new "Pittura Infamante" episode of SLEEPY HOLLOW airing Monday, Jan. 19 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SLH-213) (TV-14 L, V)

Sleepy Hollow - Episode 2.13 - Pittura Infamante - Press Release
Posted by Paradox at Wednesday, December 31, 2014

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/12/sleepy-hollow-episode-213-pittura.html

Great. More flashbacks and backstory on the Cranes and their colonial friends.

What is the point in having a time-traveling character come to the future if you're going to bring his entire family with him then spend more time on his past life than developing his relationships with people living in the present?

Edited by savinggrace
  • Love 7

Great. More flashbacks and backstory on the Cranes and their colonial friends.

What is the point in having a time-traveling character come to the future if you're going to bring his entire family with him then spend more time on his past life than developing his relationships with people living in the present?

THIS!

It's like the writers are trying to turn SH into "Supernatural".

Ichabod is no longer special. Heck - Abbie is the one who seems out of place now what with all of the CFD.

I supposed that's the point.

• Love 3

And the extended synopsis for 2.13 is finally here.

The good: the Mills sisters team up again and again prove their priority is to save the world, not their selfish needs.

The bad: everything else. Yes, I'm happy that Abbie doesn't have to work with her useless douche partner, but I can't pretend to be hopeful, that they're going to get equal screen time. For TPTB, Ichy is The Lead with his wife slowly climbing up to claim her "rightful" position as co-lead, so they are going to get the lion's share. Are we ready to accept StruggleWitch as the new and improved Witness in our hearts? Because Goffman sure wants us to!

Also, I'm sure no one saw that plot twist about Irving coming. I mean, it has never been done before! Goffman must think he's so smart.

• Love 5

Wow so I guess Abbie has officially been replaced by Katrina. We now have a colonial version of Hart to Hart investigating the major episode mystery of the week. Of course the Cranes have some link to the possible killer because everything revolves around them.

The return of Irving comes across like a minor side-plot over which Abbie will spend the episode wringing her hands while Crane remains preoccupied.

• Love 6

Wow - I read that spoiler and it is really, really bad.

This is what fans have feared since KW started getting more screen time. An erasure of NB as the lead in every way but the opening credits.

The spoiler wouldn't be so bad had we not already suffered through Deliverance AND seen the show take up so much time in CFD. If this was the first of that, it would actually be kinda interesting. As it is, it just feels like Goffman "testing out" KW as lead to see if he can get away with it.

Not surprised about Irving - that actually sounds kinda like a fanfic I read - but the reason for this is so that Goffman can tout Frank's return to lure viewers back in, but at the same time he can push Katrina as the lead.

I've seen this before - The Bold and The Beautiful and Roswell used to do exactly the same thing - only give the majority of fans what they wanted by serving a heaping dose of "the new reality" at the same time.

Goffman is NEVER going to push Katrina back. Not unless ratings really drop.

I think this shows that the show is over. We have to suffer through Ichabod and Katrina acting as the sole leads while Abbie is reduced to the B-plot.

I feel a really bad pain in my heart... I shouldn't be surprised when stuff like this happens, but I always am. I'm really disheartened by it though... I think I have no other choice but to quit watching because Goffman's intentions with the show and with Katia Winter vs Nicole Beharie are pushing all of my buttons.

I literally feel a pain in my heart. I mean LITERALLY. I remember being so excited about Nicole Beharie getting the lead part on this show... and that clip in the media thread proves that the show creators wanted Nicole from the start and had a very different vision for this show than Goffman does.

I wish I could write them a letter expressing my bitter frustration and hurt over what Goffman did to their creation and their original vision.

So heartbroken.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 6

Well since this was one of the episodes filmed before the fan revolt there's still hope Fox made Goffman correct the situation.

I'd say if the season doesn't end with Katrina dead then Season 3 will be the last for this show.

• Love 4

That synopsis sounds like the televisual equivalent of a root canal, so yeah, it's official. I'm not watching until people I trust (i.e., you guys) tell me the situation has improved. I have little hope that will happen until maybe the last three episodes of the season, or whenever they were writing/filming when the serious backlash began with critics and fans.

• Love 5

Damn. Read the Extended Synopsis today. Am very very disappointed. Seriously, I have to watch these two "solve crimes", while spouting their undying love to each other, and he ignoring her lies upon lies upon lies, and watching as Ichabod says stupid things over and over again, because his brain cells die in her presence and he doesn't have a modicum of reason and ethics in his thinking when in her presence? Dear god.

At least Jenny and Abbie and working together, but why can't I get the three of them together. I love Jenny with Ichabod.

As for that spoiler - Duh. When I read the press release, I figured that out. That's good though. Assuming they handle it well (they won't).

I am going to be very interested in the ratings of this episode. And now we know why there has been little media on this episode. And yeah, you guys called it...Abbie is being sidelined for the most boring dull pointless character ever. Apparently that sick feeling in my stomach isn't just my New Years hangover....

• Love 4

Wow. I cannot believe this most fun show on TV last season has been reduced to this bullshit. What an friggin' waste of a great cast and freewheeling batcrap crazy fun premise for some stupid ass "epic" romance that I don't care about.

• Love 3