Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Will Power

• Start Topic

The whole hilltop lunch and tearjerking will reveal was staged. Do we really believe Yolanda allows her daughters to eat grilled Gruyere sandwiches/"dippers" unless they're working (acting in this instance)? I bet there were clear instructions beforehand not to swallow.

• Love 8
Do we really believe Yolanda allows her daughters to eat grilled Gruyere sandwiches/"dippers" unless they're working (acting in this instance)? I bet there were clear instructions beforehand not to swallow.

I think that's why they did most of the eating in the kitchen when Yolanda wasn't there. Then when they were "eating together" the girls were full because they already ate in the kitchen without the mom looking. 

Also, when Yolanda said that she is the only person doing HW for pure publicity for a cause, I think, in her way, that didn't mean that she was donating a lot of money. I think that she meant that she is only doing this show to show people her struggle with Lyme (which is why EVERYTHING she does and says is Lyme related) and she is the only HW to do the show purely to chronicle a health struggle, in which case, she is correct. She is, in her own way, bringing attention to Lyme disease, and hopefully will stimulate research funding. This happened with HIV/AIDS back in the 80s. No one knew exactly what it was but the government didn't want to put money into researching it. The gay community literally banded together and spearheaded research on their own to get the government to pay attention and finally the money was put into the research (and now HIV/AIDS is a managed health condition like diabetes). The documentary "We Were Here" tells the story accurately and much better than my memory of the story, and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND everyone watch it. So I think what Yolanda is doing is a good thing, and no, Kyle is not purely doing HW to bring awareness to a cause, where I will buy that Yolanda (even if ineffectively) is. Maybe she could fund a documentary on Lyme! 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 3

The burger they show only had 2-3 small bites in it and with the exception of 1 empty plate, nothing else was finished and who knows what was on the empty plate, maybe a plate of almonds soaked in lemon juice. LOL I suspect that taking 1 small bite of something equates to eating the entire item, like the burger or the 4.5 croissants Bella's claims she ate. LOL

Semantics aside, Ken was right: Yolanda is STUPID.

If she was so worried about her mother and brother being financially taken care of if she died during surgery, then how come she didn't, you know, put them in her will?

And, once again, Yolanda has to mention how bad she looks, with the comparing of her hair to Erika's. She should just carry a banner that says "LOOK AT ME, I'M SICK!" and be done with it.

LOL at LisaV's expression when Eileen started spilling tea.

Loved the Lisa and Hank scenes. Although to me, the whole point of being Lisa Vanderpump would be the ability to afford a vet who makes housecalls.

That was my thought, even though I also enjoyed the scenes. If Rinna can get someone to come out to wax her cooch and crack, then surely there's a vet who would go to Villa Rosa to tend to Lisa and Ken's pets when needed.

I also believe Anwar has never SEEN butter since he lives with Yolanda (As soon as the cameras were off she probably threw all of the food away and stuck a spoon down Anwar's throat)

​Heh, that's likely. Yolanda has a warped sense of what should go in and out of a healthy body, so good luck to Anwar and Bella if they're really infected, and are made to fall in line with their mother's fuckedupness.

Since Yolanda is only using the show as a platform for awareness, then I guess that means she's forewent a Bravo paycheck for the past four seasons, no?

• Love 6

The burger they show only had 2-3 small bites in it and with the exception of 1 empty plate, nothing else was finished and who knows what was on the empty plate, maybe a plate of almonds soaked in lemon juice. LOL I suspect that taking 1 small bite of something equates to eating the entire item, like the burger or the 4.5 croissants Bella's claims she ate. LOL

It's kind of a weird article - not sure what the point was. On one hand, Yolanda did make sure Gigi only had that tiny piece of cake in one episode. On the other hand, the girls were making pizza in Gigi's condo when she first moved in. Who knows what really goes on - but model pal Kendall really does seem to eat a lot on KUWK; those skinny Jenner genes serve her well! Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2

"I'm probably the only Housewife in the entire franchise that uses this platform to bring awareness in the world rather than just money in my pocket." I don't see how there's any ambiguity about Yolanda's intent and meaning vis-a-vis this statement. Like any other cast member, she's responsible for her diction and choices with respect to communication. She doesn't assert that she's the only Housewife participating in the franchise solely because of philanthropic motivation (a contention that would be untrue anyway since she's filmed numerous scenes highlighting her daughters' professional accomplishments and spent most of an entire season lecturing Lisa Vanderpump about the etiquette and intricacies of gophering Starbucks to one's ailing work acquaintance). She writes clearly that she's "probably the only Housewife" that doesn't take her turn in front of the cameras for "just money in my pocket." This linguistic formulation obviously suggests that the other women under the Bravo purview *are* enjoying reality careers "just for money." And that is as dubious an argument as the documentable fallacies that Yolanda has peddled regarding her ability (or lack thereof) to read, write, and drive. I noted during the last episode thread that some posters felt that Yo's detractors are being excessively literal in their interpretations of her disprovable statements but, again, I'm not sure how there's a whole lot of latitude in discerning what specifically Yolanda means when she invokes specific metrics of time like "four years" and "eighteen months" or explicit sentence structure like "just for money in my pocket."

• Love 11

And I just have to add: the comparisons to AIDS and HIV remain problematic. ACTUP protestors, early activists, and mid-epidemic public figures like Elizabeth Glaser and Mary Fisher weren't contradicting themselves from one appearance to the next and, for instance, claiming they contracted their affliction through medically unestablished avenues like "horse fly's"; lamenting how HIV had curtailed their ability to operate automobiles while they filmed multiple media spots . . .operating automobiles; and publicly lambasting their colleagues for expressing perplexity over their symptoms after they themselves described their conditions as mysteries that required "playing detective."

• Love 16

I wondered about that too--was it their carrier, or one that the vet has there for people who don't crate animals in the car? But I always think crates seem too small at a glance, but sometimes vets say that it's fine and often better that the animal feel "snug" (but not cramped, if that makes sense) in a carrier, especially if the trip stresses them out.

I think the carrier was from the vet's office.

I imagine since the vet gave Hanky a dose of food/antibiotics...he was placed into the carrier to prevent him from sharting all over LVP on the way home.

No matter where this vet is...if anyone knows about California...a one mile drive can take a 1/2 hour

• Love 2

Considering that swans aren't really domesticated, it would've made more sense if Lisa arranged for the vet to visit Hanky in his current habitat, the moat surrounding Lisa's Department Store mansion. It's not like Lisa couldn't afford it, and vets do make house calls.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 8

I wondered about that too--was it their carrier, or one that the vet has there for people who don't crate animals in the car? But I always think crates seem too small at a glance, but sometimes vets say that it's fine and often better that the animal feel "snug" (but not cramped, if that makes sense) in a carrier, especially if the trip stresses them out.

If you re watch that scene, while Ken is driving the camera pan back to film Lisa talking, the swan is no longer on her lap and you can see the top of a large dog crate to the left of Lisa. I would guess that she put Hanky in the crate right before they pulled out of their driveway for safety.

The vet she goes to may not make house calls, it is the same vet they take Giggy to, so they have a good relationship with her and she, the vet, has been on the show before, in season 1, although they may get a second vet for the horses now but even the mini horses can go to the vet in a large SUV without any problems as they are not much bigger than her Goldens are.

Considering that swans aren't really domesticated, it would've made more sense if Lisa arranged for the vet to visit Hanky in his current habitat, the moat surrounding Lisa's Department Store mansion. It's not like Lisa couldn't afford it, and vets do make house calls.

Not ALL vets make house calls though and who knows if hers does. Also, swans are territorial, like geese and it may be easier for Hanky to go to the vets office than her going to them, especially if they require any special treatment or the need of special equipment.

• Love 7

I guess ideally the vet would be able to sedate the swan if he/she decided they had to come into the vets office for treatment or further examination.

Horse vets make house calls, don't they?

Yes, most Equine vets make barn/house calls. We don't know if Lisa's vet makes house calls though or if Hanky needed a test that could only be done in her office.

ETA, Hanky's vet scene could have been just as funny/enjoyable watching Lisa/Ken/the Vet chase Hanky around trying to catch him to give him the exam at the house, so I don't think the visit TO the vet was staged just for the show. JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2
Hahaha what a sense of humor those sisters have. Responding to all their mom's criticism they put on some act using their social media. Who would ever believe their BS? What clowns these girls are and I guess I can't blame them. Talk about a flash back...two wild and crazy girls putting one over on the media! :-D

Edited to add: I don't believe for a New York minute that Bella and Gigi eat like this.

Edited by talula
  • Love 13

Hahaha what a sense of humor those sisters have. Responding to all their mom's criticism they put on some act using their social media. Who would ever believe their BS? What clowns these girls are and I guess I can't blame them. Talk about a flash back...two wild and crazy girls putting one over on the media! :-D

Edited to add: I don't believe for a New York minute that Bella and Gigi eat like this.

I think they order the food and take pictures of it.  Which is better than eating it and heaving it up. 

• Love 4

I think they order the food and take pictures of it. Which is better than eating it and heaving it up.

LOL, it was done as a direct reaction to all the almond and lemon jokes about their mom. They probably wanted their mother's critics to see how sweet revenge can look without gorging on anything. The best revenge is they keep modelling and making millions of dollars, get happily married and produce healthy grandchildren for Yolanda. Edited by talula
  • Love 4

Oh when Yolanda mentioned her kids having Lymes Disease in front of Lisa V...I wonder if Lisa booked over to Mohammed's or called him immediately after the get together

I wouldn't be surprised.  I do think that Lisa knows far more than she's revealed about Yolanda.  No doubt in my mind that Mohammed does confide in her, and I'm sure there's been a lot to say.

Semantics aside, Ken was right: Yolanda is STUPID.

If she was so worried about her mother and brother being financially taken care of if she died during surgery, then how come she didn't, you know, put them in her will?

Exactly!  But as you and I know, that would not have been as dramatic.  Better to have a whole gut-wrenching scene than to actually simply include it in a legal document.  The way most people would.   

• Love 5

Also, when Yolanda said that she is the only person doing HW for pure publicity for a cause, I think, in her way, that didn't mean that she was donating a lot of money. I think that she meant that she is only doing this show to show people her struggle with Lyme (which is why EVERYTHING she does and.says is Lyme related) and she is the only HW to do the show purely to chronicle a health struggle, in which case, she is correct.  She is, in her own way, bringing attention to Lyme disease, and hopefully will stimulate research funding. This happened with HIV/AIDS back in the 80s. No one knew exactly what it was but the government didn't want to put money into researching it. The gay community literally banded together and spearheaded research on their own to get the government to pay attention and finally the money was put into the research (and now HIV/AIDS is a managed health condition like diabetes). The documentary "We Were Here" tells the story accurately and much better than my memory of the story, and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND everyone watch it. So I think what Yolanda is doing is a good thing, and no, Kyle is not purely doing HW to bring awareness to a cause, where I will buy that Yolanda (even if ineffectively) is. Maybe she could fund a documentary on Lyme! 

I don't believe at all that Yolanda is doing this show for pure publicity for a cause and to stimulate research funding.  I think it's pretty clear that she's doing this show to promote herself.  She's done absolutely nothing re LD awareness, other than tell us how awful things are for her, in addition to lying and spreading false information.  I'm sure if she had turned down her earnings and asked Bravo to donate it to LD research (or if she had donated it herself), she certainly would have let us know!  She's clearly cashing her paychecks just as the others are, and is not doing the show out of the sheer goodness of her heart.   

Also - if her intent was truly to focus on LD funding, etc, she wouldn't be so consistently petty about the other women.  There's no reason why they can't get paid for the job they're doing on this show and also raise awareness & funds for various causes.  That's what many of them are doing/have done, and there's not one thing wrong with that.  And we know that many of them are huge contributors to their causes too.  So  what if Kyle didn't become a HW purely to bring awareness to a cause?  She never said she did.   No misrepresentation, no lying, and I would far rather have someone actually be helpful in raising awareness & funding than pretend to be doing so.  I actually also applaud someone  more if they're active in fund-raising for a cause that does not directly impact them.  Yolanda is not one bit better than the rest of them - yet that's always her angle.  She's determined to present herself as better, more noble, more well-intentioned than anyone else.  Again, promoting herself.   Documenting her struggle is helping no one, and in fact is doing a disservice because she has no idea what she's talking about it, and has been caught in lie after lie.  Her goal in making that statement seemed to be to discredit all of those other women in an effort to elevate herself.   And I think that's a better indicator of why she's doing this show.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 17

zoeysmom, kudos to you for your link to Trashtalk.  I laughed all the way through it, and it was just the pick-me-up I needed today.  The writer has a real gift for looking at HWs and lampooning them in the cutest ways.  Thanks for the fun!

• Love 3

I wouldn't be surprised.  I do think that Lisa knows far more than she's revealed about Yolanda.  No doubt in my mind that Mohammed does confide in her, and I'm sure there's been a lot to say.

Exactly!  But as you and I know, that would not have been as dramatic.  Better to have a whole gut-wrenching scene than to actually simply include it in a legal document.  The way most people would.   

As much as Yolanda and to a certain extent Mohamed try and portray themselves as the perfect divorced couple, I think Yolanda can be a pain in the ass.  The perpetually engaged Shiva seems like kind of a pushover as lady of the Mohamed mansion, and Yolanda (who claimed her kids liked her more modest 12,000 square foot home better) seems to try and take a foothold, claiming she designed the interiors of Mohamed's homes.  Mohamed would have none of it Yolanda wanted to put Lisa down.  Nor did Yolanda defend her Mohamed during the Brandi/Krupa fiasco, something her fingerprints were all over.  So Yolanda's long standing hypochondria (I broke my back delivering Anwar, I suffered from six years of depression until David came along) are probably nothing new to this group.  I further believe Bella is far more like her mother than the collective they want to let on.  I don't see Mohammed as an excuse making factory, like say, Yolanda. 

Now enter Lisa, who at best got zero sympathy for her faint on DWTS, and if fact her good friend Brandi, at the time, had never heard of Lisa complain of low blood pressure.  Just maybe because Lisa doesn't ramble on about specific maladies doesn't mean she can't have  condition or two, just as Kyle has spoken of her fibromyalgia from time to time.  They don't want their conditions to define them-nor do they find it necessary to use it as a platform to bring awareness. 

So I believe Mohamed and his friends (including David) are probably giving a huge side eye to the claims Bella and Anwar have Lyme Disease and compromised immune systems.  I say this only because I think Mohamed, for all his faults, is not one to make excuses for failure to excel.  I also believe Bella's "riding career" became unnecessary once she got her nose fixed and the bright lights of the catwalk were within her mother's scope.  Seems like the horses went by the wayside when Bella "Crash" Hadid got her driver's license and had a chance at a little independence.     

• Love 10

First, is anyone else having a problem storing your reputation votes?  I get that sign every time I try to "like" someone's post.  It seems to come and go.

I am a bit vague as to how LisaV came to know Mohamed, or how he came to know her.  I wasn't aware that she knew Yolanda before Yo came onto the show, so what was LisaV's connection to Mohamed and Yolanda?

I can't see Mohamed being the least bit tolerant of Bella's driving record or anything else off-center.  Mohamed is an interesting man.  He thinks nothing of breaking the BH code where building his new mega-mansion is concerned, yet I think he expects his children to fly straight.  He expects to dally with other women if the idea appeals to him, yet he wants no humiliation of the same sort from his partner.  It's fairly obvious that he still has some of the old world traditions as part of him.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

Yolanda and her RHOBH Lyme's Disease influenced me to rid my 3 and a half acre property on Long Island, NY from a devastating influx of deer ticks. After my grown son (lives in a carriage house on the property) found multiple ticks on him over a one month period with three bites I knew we were at high risk. I also learned how insidious the disease is from Yolanda. My son has an artificial knee and he was concerned about an infection getting in there. His doctor put him on antibiotics three times.

Recently we learned my neighbor, who suffers heart problems, had just tested two times as not having LD and now tested positive for his third test. Acres and acres of land near us had been cleared for commercial development causing many deer to relocate along the lake behind our homes. It was a perfect storm of tick hell this year.

I searched for an acceptable answer to rid our property from ticks. We found out that having every tree and the grounds sprayed once a month for three months with a garlic mixture (all natural) kept both ticks and mosquitoes at bay for July, August and September. Even though warm here the bugs were not here for October, November or December. Next year we plan to start spraying in June and for the next three months.

Hate Yolanda for 100 reasons, but we benefited from her sharing her LD experience and from this forum's dear members sharing their LD stories. Thanks Yolanda for sounding the alarm about LD.

• Love 11

First, is anyone else having a problem storing your reputation votes?  I get that sign every time I try to "like" someone's post.  It seems to come and go.

I am a bit vague as to how LisaV came to know Mohamed, or how he came to know her.  I wasn't aware that she knew Yolanda before Yo came onto the show, so what was LisaV's connection to Mohamed and Yolanda?

I may be mistaken, but I believe Mohamed knew Lisa and Ken from their London club owning days and renewed the friendship when they moved back here about ten years ago or so.  So by default, they would have known Yolanda when they were included in events where Yolanda attended.  Yolanda during the time, lived in Montecito, so I don't think she spent a lot of time at Mohamed's.  I do believe Mohamed, who has made a fair number of appearances on Bravo shows, saw the benefit of Yolanda becoming a RHOBH to kick off his daughter(s) and now son's modeling careers.  LVP is no dummy when it comes to the promotion side of the power of RHOBH.  Of all the franchises I think the BH and NY women are the best at promoting and creating products and businesses to promote. 

So Yolanda would have been Mohamed's ex and I assume Lisa would have extended every courtesy to her.  I personally thought Yolanda's first season showed Yolanda had a little jealousy of Lisa, go after her to Kim and Kyle, about Lisa's feigned concern for Kim.  I just don't think there was ever a friendship-just social acquaintances.  I think Lisa had significant relationships with the Hadid children.

• Love 3

Yolanda and her RHOBH Lyme's Disease influenced me to rid my 3 and a half acre property on Long Island, NY from a devastating influx of deer ticks. After my grown son (lives in a carriage house on the property) found multiple ticks on him over a one month period with three bites I knew we were at high risk. I also learned how insidious the disease is from Yolanda. My son has an artificial knee and he was concerned about an infection getting in there. His doctor put him on antibiotics three times.

Recently we learned my neighbor, who suffers heart problems, had just tested two times as not having LD and now tested positive for his third test. Acres and acres of land near us had been cleared for commercial development causing many deer to relocate along the lake behind our homes. It was a perfect storm of tick hell this year.

I searched for an acceptable answer to rid our property from ticks. We found out that having every tree and the grounds sprayed once a month for three months with a garlic mixture (all natural) kept both ticks and mosquitoes at bay for July, August and September. Even though warm here the bugs were not here for October, November or December. Next year we plan to start spraying in June and for the next three months.

Hate Yolanda for 100 reasons, but we benefited from her sharing her LD experience and from this forum's dear members sharing their LD stories. Thanks Yolanda for sounding the alarm about LD.

Thanks for the tip. Where I live is lots of ticks issues and several cases of Lyme. I might try it out.

• Love 4

I have watched very thin women trot out that 'I love cheeseburgers and milkshakes' trope my whole life. If they are able to eat like that now (which I doubt), it will catch up to them sooner rather than later.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 6
Yolanda and her RHOBH Lyme's Disease influenced me to rid my 3 and a half acre property on Long Island, NY from a devastating influx of deer ticks.

But, Yolanda and her kids were infected by "horse fly's", not ticks.

• Love 6

I think Kyle's comment about how her depression resulted in real physical pain will do more good than anything Yolanda has shared for Lyme sufferers.  If I had LD, Yolanda's experience would be totally disheartening to me -- an opposite effect.  If she can't deal with it, with all the support and resources she has, what hope is there for an ordinary person? 

• Love 10

Thanks for the tip. Where I live is lots of ticks issues and several cases of Lyme. I might try it out.

The discussion has made me paranoid.  I'm in the woods all the time.  We ride horses.  Next time my horse swats it's tail at a horsefly and kills it, she will get an extra carrot.  But in all seriousness, the thought of having to check every inch of my body, my husband and kid, would make venturing into the outdoors something to reconsider.  I've never thought of doing it until the discussion here!

• Love 4

The ear piercing didn't bother me at all, if anything, I thought it was sweet that the whole family went together and did it together. Those memories bond siblings and are special and I loved how they all surrounded Porsha and supported her. Yes, it was an earring, but to me it shows how committed and how much they all love each other. I guess everyone has their own ideas on what constitutes bratty behavior.

It didn't bother me either.

My very first job was a teacher's assistant at a high school. I saw all kinds of behaviors - good and bad - from children. It didn't  matter what kind of money they came from or whether they came from struggling families. Bratty children is not a rich family thing.

I went with my friend when she was 15 years old to get her ears pierced. Her mother and I held her hands. She squealed like a pig who was ready to be slaughtered. Was that bratty? No. That was fear. One person's level of fear cannot be compared to someone else's level of fear. How a five year old might react to getting their ears pierced cannot be compared to how anyone else of the same age might react. Some children do well when going to the dentist. A child who kicks and screams because they are  in fear of sitting in a dentist chair is a child who is in fear, not being bratty. A child who is getting their hair cut for the first time at the barbers might not react while another may react with tears. My son's first visit was hell because he was in fear. Children and older people have fears. How each person reacts to situations that cause them fear is different for everyone. My son and I had a fear of flying . I started crying before I boarded a plane the first time. My son was just stone cold quiet. We eventually conquered our fear.

NOW, both Yolanda and Bella are blaming LD for the DUI. No, 1 DUI should not define any kid, but then again when that kid blames someone/something else for THEIR DUI, they have learned NOTHING IMO and that is exactly what Bella is doing.

Wasn't there a bottle or two of prescription pills strewn about in the car? There was also some evidence of marijuana use, beer cans, and vodka bottles, too. Most certainly YoFo is teaching her daughter that she doesn't need to be held accountable for her actions because clearly her daughter is not like anyone else. It explains why her daughter was driving on a suspended license. Bella got the message long ago that she can do whatever the fuck she likes because her mama will come to her rescue and make it all better. That is zero accountability. I don't have to lose a loved one or have a drunk driver crash into me to feel a certain way about those who think they can defy the law. 

YoFo is whacked. She is also an enabler. This is not a rich person's problem.

• Love 10

The discussion has made me paranoid. I'm in the woods all the time. We ride horses. Next time my horse swats it's tail at a horsefly and kills it, she will get an extra carrot. But in all seriousness, the thought of having to check every inch of my body, my husband and kid, would make venturing into the outdoors something to reconsider. I've never thought of doing it until the discussion here!

What's most helpful about Yolanda's predicament is that threads like this exist - that readers who know little about Lyme disease (and might never even post) can learn from those who have had it. Two things cannot be denied: 1) It is spreading across the country, and (2) People react to the infection very differently, depending on timing of treatment, antibiotics chosen, bacteria strain, coinfections and genetics.

If you live in an area where Lyme is prevalent, protect yourself. Wear boots sprayed with deet when walking through high grass/meadows. Better yet, stay out of high grasses - the habitat deer ticks love most. If you garden, create paths through large planted areas so you can take care of your gardens from the paths without standing among the grasses and perennials (that's how I got Lyme in my own gardens - bunnies, mice and/or birds brought ticks into the gardens; we had no deer but the woods were nearby). If you have acreage, cut paths into it for walking or keep it mowed.

Also, to prevent a truly horrible case of Lyme should you get the disease, make sure your b12 and folate levels are good (in cells, not just in blood), and that you don't have mutations in the mthfr gene that can screw up these levels. It's almost impossible to get rid of Lyme neurotoxins if problems with b12 and folate keep methylation (including detox) from functioning properly. Primary doctors can order the tests and you can boost these nutrients if you are low, BEFORE you get bitten. From my experience with Lyme we learned that both of our children were dangerously low in b12 due to genetics - the blessing has been that we could deal with it before they became chronically ill.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 9

I'm sorry but that will scene was almost offensive. Her poor mother and kids were visibly shaken by the timing of the conversation. It was orchestrated by her to foster sympathy from the audience and she used her family to do it. Please, her ex has huge bucks and lawyers and if they needed to find her will, they'd find it. I'm sure there would be loads of lawyers there to represent the rights of the kids. Trotting out the will at that moment was cruel, IMO, They may seem grown up, but they're kids, and her mother is sick and older and it was just SO not right. Her claims about being a LD activist went out the window that moment for me. This is about her. I'm disappointed as I always liked Yolanda. 

I liked everything else about this episode. It was fun and Eileen's big mouth was even kind of fun. She's teflon to me. She can do no wrong but that was a dumbass move. Loved the tour of Y&R and LVP really being starstruck. It was cute and fun.

Loved the lunch as LVP was sizing up Erika. I enjoyed the back and forth between them. 

Rinna's a hack and she is so dumb that she doesn't even realize how racist her little joke was. This woman has the kids who call people "chub chubs" on camera. She's just not that bright. I find her amusing but she's a dumbass. I used to watch her on her talk show on Soapnet and she was the same. She'll say anything anytime anywhere. At least there are editors here. 

I think next week looks fun. I would love to watch one season without manufactured drama. Fun is fine for me. Intergroup squabbling is annoying. I like snark and scenery and some house porn. The trouble is periphal and that works for me.

That Anwar is a great looking kid. But I feel bad even saying that as he's still a little boy to me. When he grows up, watch out. He's a stunner.

• Love 2

Long, exasperated sigh. I've always thought Vyle was one of the most vapid, uneducated, and patently dim-witted imbeciles on the planet, but Lisa R. is even more aggravating than Vyle. First, Vyle has to bark that she's so confuuuuuuuuuuuuuuused about everything and has never heard of munchausen syndrome, <eyeroll> and then Lisa R. has to bray like a hyena about the hilarity of a waxing. You're getting waxed--it isn't that much different from a mani/pedi or a haircut, Mushmouth, so stop acting like you're doing anything other than random maintenance. Sheesh. Thank God for Eileen. I'm glad she said something to Yolanda. And DUM DUM Vyle's freakout was so ignorant. It's going to be on TEE VEE, Nitwit Vyle--Eileen looks like an honorable person, while the rest of you silly apes are sitting around in a circle gossiping like a gaggle of toothless, white-trash hags playing canasta in a trailer park.  

• Love 7

I've always thought Vyle was one of the most vapid, uneducated, and patently dim-witted imbeciles on the planet, but Lisa R. is even more aggravating than Vyle.

Today I'm trying to recover from a week of cooking, cleaning, eating and entertaining.  And yeah, a little drinking.  But I'll muster the strength to raise my glass one more time for that.

And I'll raise it again for the part about some of the others being silly apes sitting around in a circle gossiping like a gaggle of toothless, white-trash hags playing canasta in a trailer park.

snap

• Love 5

I half laughed and half rolled my eyes at LVP and Hanky. On the one hand, it was pretty funny. On the other, everything I see from Lisa seems extremely calculated. LVP: Business Woman! LVP: No Nonsense, Yet Compassionate! LVP: Fabulous, Eccentric, Occasionally Bawdy Rich Brit!

It all comes off a little forced to me. Not to mention Hanky was sedated af in the talking head. I need to get my hands on the good swan drugs.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 6

And just because she has known the waxer forever and considers her a friend does not mean they are on equal footing. This woman is still waxing assholes (literally and figuratively, apparently) after 17 years, she is probably not in any type of place of power

Trust me when I say the waxer has more power than you think.

I am a waxer and have been for almost that long. Bikini and Brazilian waxing is my speciality and I don't consider myself less than my clients in any way. A waxer has you in a vulnerable position and is being paid very well to do so(and tipped well too!). Truthfully I make more money as a waxer than I did using my multiple college degrees, not to mention I enjoy my job. If one of my clients did something to insult me, they wouldn't be my client, plain and simple. Most of the time though, they do become your friends and you usually have more inappropriate conversations than you would normally. Her waxer and her might joke about that phrase together for all we know.

Lisa did her waxer a huge service by giving her free advertising on a national scale.

• Love 21

That Anwar is a great looking kid. But I feel bad even saying that as he's still a little boy to me. When he grows up, watch out. He's a stunner.

I think he looks just like a young Elvis Presley. 

• Love 8

Her waxer and her might joke about that phrase together for all we know.

That's very true.  But Rinna showed her ignorance by saying it on national TV.  Like the swastika shirt, I think she and Harry either don't care what people think and are looking for ANY kind of press they can get, or they're kind of stupid.

• Love 10

I am a waxer and have been for almost that long. Bikini and Brazilian waxing is my speciality and I don't consider myself less than my clients in any way. A waxer has you in a vulnerable position and is being paid very well to do so(and tipped well too!). Truthfully I make more money as a waxer than I did using my multiple college degrees, not to mention I enjoy my job.

Lulee, I love my waxer! I saw her at the grocery store once and I was afraid to say hello in case she only recognized me by my vagina, but she knew my face, what a relief. I tip 30% for all the reasons you mentioned.

Sorry for the TMI, everyone else.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 6

I have watched very thin women trot out that 'I love cheeseburgers and milkshakes' trope my whole life. If they are able to eat like that now (which I doubt), it will catch up to them sooner rather than later.

I may be wrong for thinking this, I don't know if it's "shaming" or what, but I always hate it when thin people talk about how much they love food and how much they eat. It just bothers me for some reason. I guess it's because if an overweight person does that they aren't given the same reaction, it's always about how they should eat a healthier diet. Also, just because they are thin, doesn't mean they should eat like that. I'm not advocating Yolanda's eating habits, but it just rubs me the wrong way. 

• Love 12

. "And you can bet that if it was Alexia who had committed the crime of getting a DUI while driving on a suspended license (which is a crime as well and indicates there was something committed by her to have her license taken away), it would just mean Kyle is the worst mother in the world and Alexia should be branded for life for daring to put other people at risk. People like me and my family who drive that stretch of road many times. Something is obviously wrong there if a child already has a suspended license and then continues to drive since we know Yolanda isn't able to drive! *cough* BS *cough* How many times did that child drive before finally doing something that brought her criminal actions to light?"

If Alexia had gotten a DUI, neither Kyle nor Mauricio would be making excuses for her. Sure, they'll engage in some private, parental soul searching, but they would NOT be defending her irresponsible indeed, criminal, behavior.

. "And you can bet that if it was Alexia who had committed the crime of getting a DUI while driving on a suspended license (which is a crime as well and indicates there was something committed by her to have her license taken away), it would just mean Kyle is the worst mother in the world and Alexia should be branded for life for daring to put other people at risk. People like me and my family who drive that stretch of road many times. Something is obviously wrong there if a child already has a suspended license and then continues to drive since we know Yolanda isn't able to drive! *cough* BS *cough* How many times did that child drive before finally doing something that brought her criminal actions to light?"

If Alexia had gotten a DUI, neither Kyle nor Mauricio would be making excuses for her. Sure, they'll engage in some private, parental soul searching, but they would NOT be defending her irresponsible indeed, criminal behavior

Edited by Nanny pants
  • Love 8

Anyway, I bring this up, because there may be people with Lyme, undetected and sick and listening to Kyle.  They may think that they have Depression, because Kyle said that's what she suffered from and that's what she believed Yolanda may well have as well.  So irresponsible.  Delaying treatment could be  life threatening:

Unfortunately, you have to be your own advocate.  I don't blindly listen to doctors and their opinions anymore.  I've paid the price.

I think Yolanda's journey is far more damaging and dangerous than anything else anyone else is saying on this show. Her treatments are baseless and misleading.

What is irresponsible is, people who do not seek the help of any professional with the right credentials to seek out why they feel ill or have symptoms that suggest anything that is out of the bounds of feeling healthy and normal. It would be ludicrous of anyone to assume they have depression because they watched a tv show and heard someone mention they have depression and share some of the same symptoms. It is just as irresponsible and stupid to follow any advice Yolanda is dishing out even if one has LD. TV personalities are not doctors. If one is that foolish and stupid to follow advice heard on a tv show or to seek medical advice from a reality personality, it goes without saying they may not have sought the proper treatment for whatever ailment they may have going on anyways.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11

I was told that I was depressed by my Doctor and she would not test me for Lyme (not sure why doctors I've seen have gotten soo uncomfortable with the subject of Lyme.  It's such a controversial and touchy subject with them and unfortunately it's the sick that suffer he consequences).  I knew that I wasn't depressed and on my 3rd visit to her, I demanded a Lyme test.  It came back CDC (recognized) positive.  Thanks lady.  She treated me and deemed me cured; but I wasn't and remained sick and only got sicker.  Won't bore you with the amount of specialists that I went to seeking a diagnosis.  Finally 4 years later, my new Primary care gave me a Lyme test and all the titers were positive.  Such a waste of time.  And that was just the beginning.  Of course he wouldn't treat me but referred me instead to another inept DR.  But after I found my Lyme specialist, I was so thankful to be in good hands; but the treatment is worse than the illness itself.  Although, it's worth it, once you turn the corner.  

Anyway, I bring this up, because there may be people with Lyme, undetected and sick and listening to Kyle.  They may think that they have Depression, because Kyle said that's what she suffered from and that's what she believed Yolanda may well have as well.  So irresponsible.  Delaying treatment could be  life threatening:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-woman-s-life-threatening-illness-misdiagnosed-as-depression-for-12-years-1-7650575 

Unfortunately, you have to be your own advocate.  I don't blindly listen to doctors and their opinions anymore.  I've paid the price.

Actually, Kyle said that she was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia first then she was diagnosed with Depression. She believes that the Depression came first and led to the Fibromyalgia. Many illness like Fibromyalgia and LD come hand in hand with Depression. Kyle was NOT saying that Yolanda doesn't have LD, she was saying that she may ALSO be suffering from Depression.

• Love 11

You can hate Yolanda all you want.  I'm just trying to maybe help someone avoid this horrible disease.  And if they're experiencing the symptoms Kyle described, to not

automatically dismiss them as Lyme. 

I have never, ever posted, implied, or commented I hate the woman. I have pointed out her discrepancies in what she has put out there and I have questioned what she has done for her treatment of LD. Please point out to me where I posted I hate her.

And if they're experiencing the symptoms Kyle described, to not

You need to re-watch that scene again. That is not what went down. Wirewrap emphasized that above.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9

Please Kazu, Im not trying to determine whose more dangerous Yolanda or Kyle.  This isn't a contest.  I just know my own experience and told that I was diagnosed with depression.  Lyme Disease is deadly.  I know personally those who died needlessly and I read obituaries due to Lyme daily on FB.  Had you opened my link, you'd have learned some consequences of misdiagnosed Lyme Disease.

You can hate Yolanda all you want.  I'm just trying to maybe help someone avoid this horrible disease.  And if they're experiencing the symptoms Kyle described, to not

Semantics.  Depression, then Fibromyalgia.  I don't want another pile up, due to the Yo hate.  Kyle did suggest that Yo may have depression and not lyme, when she was discussing it with Lisa.  Then we were gifted with the "Munchausen" scene.   

Wire, did you open my link?  If so, you'd understand what I was trying to convey. 

No, Kyle, LisaV and then Eileen all discussed that Yolanda may have MORE than just LD going on and in fact she did! Only LisaR brought up Munchausen Syndrome, only her.  Kyle saying that she was diagnosed first with Fibromyalgia THEN diagnosed with Depression is NOT Semantics, it was HER truth. 

Yes, I looked at your link and it is a sad tale and I find it interesting that the woman in the story CAME to the US to get treatment. Why didn't Yolanda seek treatment here? She didn't even get tested for LD here in the states, she went to Belgium and sought out a Dr that specializes in a different disease, NOT LD and he also has a questionable history like her latest 2 Drs. Oh, and I have yet to read anyone here saying that they "hate" Yolanda, where have you seen that posted here?

• Love 9

Kazu, I've read post after post of yours mocking Yo.  Go ahead, that's not my business.  But, for the record, I DID NOT put words in your mouth.  I said, "you CAN hate Yolanda all you want."  I did not say "You hate Yolanda".  BIG difference...So please don't put words in my mouth.  

Kazu, please don't lecture me to watch again.  I watched the scene.  Kyle said that she suffered from Depression and had the same symptoms Yo had.  When there are people very ill and suffering, why the battle??  I don't get it.  

Many, many illnesses share the same symptoms, which can make it hard to diagnose a specific illness. Also, many people suffering from long term illness suffer depression BECAUSE of said illness. Also, Yolanda DOES have a history of depression, so it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that she, Yolanda, is also having another bout of depression.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

Kyle saying that she was diagnosed first with Fibromyalgia THEN diagnosed with Depression is NOT Semantics, it was HER truth. 

Yes, those were her words. This is what she followed up with on her blog:

I was so sick and in physical pain for two years. I went to every doctor imaginable trying to uncover what was wrong with me. I was convinced I was dying. After two years I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, which came as a relief after being misdiagnosed with many different things that I knew were incorrect. For me, personally , I feel it was the depression that brought on the fibromyalgia. I shared my story, because I understand the frustration of not knowing what is making you ill, and I had many people questioning my diagnosis as well as what was really going on with me. I was NEVER as sick as Yolanda and cannot begin to imagine how difficult that must be.

As we watch Yolanda in her search to get better, we are reminded that our health is a gift and should never be taken for granted.

It is sad to read how Kyle herself had to deal with not knowing what exactly was wrong with her for two years. She,like Yolanda, was misdiagnosed with other ailments. I guess that is similar to what you were dealing with userNY, and what others here have dealt with as well. I have only dealt with chronic pain in my life. I can't imagine what it must be like to have an illness that has varying symptoms and have different doctors give you different opinions. I think Kyle was only sharing what she had endured because her symptoms mirrored Yolanda's, but she wanted to point out that it is not at all far-fetched that Yolanda may ALSO have depression. Yolanda has had a lot of heartache in her personal life and is now in the middle of her divorce. Divorce alone can trigger depression. Yolanda has mentioned suicide. It is her kids that give her a reason to live. Now, if that is not a sign of depression, I don't know what else to call it.

• Love 3

I wrote this during the first episode of this season:

If Yolanda and Kim (via Kyle) are the main focus this season, it's going to be a long one.  Especially for those suffering from Lyme or addiction.  Or those who love persons with Lyme or addiction.

I knew it was going to be tough for some to watch Yolanda get raked over the coals.  Whether you think she deserves any of it or not. 

Sad to say, I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of havoc Brandi has to bring to take the conversation away from Yo for awhile.  The last 2 of 5 episodes have been titled, and mainly been about, Yolanda.  I don't mind if some of the epi is about Yo, but the conversation here makes me uneasy.  G'night.

• Love 5