Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Celebrating Diversity

how adorable was Rachel in that roast for her Dad?? I wish we had seen more of Angel in this episode, I would love to know more about them together.

Steven does seem like such a doll.

• Love 3

Are both of those guys Christina's brothers?

I assumed it was her brother and his boyfriend, because (I think; now I'm starting to doubt my recollection) they were dancing together in the episode with Angel, Cristina, and the rest of her family dancing in the backyard.

3 hours ago, Bastet said:

I assumed it was her brother and his boyfriend, because (I think; now I'm starting to doubt my recollection) they were dancing together in the episode with Angel, Cristina, and the rest of her family dancing in the backyard.

They are both her brothers. They have been in a few earlier episodes. That scene of them dancing was so funny....Cristina clearly knew what to do and seemed amused/annoyed that they were goofing off. What I can't tell, though, is are they both younger than her? Some of the old pictures of their family made me think one definitely is younger (according to height) but I couldn't tell about the other in such a quick flash.

2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes as I remember   they are partners  about  to be married ? 

That's Rachel's brother and brother-in-law I think you're thinking of.

• Love 3
On 10/7/2016 at 6:56 PM, Eureka said:

They are both her brothers. They have been in a few earlier episodes. That scene of them dancing was so funny....Cristina clearly knew what to do and seemed amused/annoyed that they were goofing off. What I can't tell, though, is are they both younger than her? Some of the old pictures of their family made me think one definitely is younger (according to height) but I couldn't tell about the other in such a quick flash.

That's Rachel's brother and brother-in-law I think you're thinking of.

Sorry ,  I was confused  I tend to watch  T.V. and read at the same time so sometimes  I miss things . 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Sorry ,  I was confused  I tend to watch  T.V. and read at the same time so sometimes  I miss things . 

No need to apologize! I do the same thing, or sometimes play solitaire on my iPad. For some reason I am rarely able to not multitask.

• Love 1

I'm curious about the parents' interviews. Steven's parents were not in the "talking heads" at all in the outtake show and were not featured as much in the season. Same as Elena's dad. Wonder if that was due to their schedules, their lack of desire to be prominently displayed or the producers' idea. The other parents are in it a lot and while I really enjoy Rachel's and Cristina's parents, and find Elena's mom very interesting (I've been to Japan and the "strictness" that Elena mentions seems very "Japanese" to me), I am not a huge fan of Megan's mom (she seems to enjoy the "stardom" just as much as her daughter - and for some reason it rubs me the wrong way) or how Sean's parents come across (I know she has written a book about their experiences but they both come off seeming crass to me). Oh, and we don't see John's dad much but I love his mom and sisters.

Sorry to keep saying "so and so's mom." It reminds me of when my kids were in elementary school and I was called "X's mom" by their friends. But I don't remember all of the names. 

• Love 3

This season was OK. I enjoyed the first season more, but what can you do. Either way, I do think it earned the Emmy.

Oh, and I finally figured out who Sean's dad reminds me of:  Peter Griffin from "Family Guy."

...Until next season everyone...

• Love 1
4 hours ago, AmeliaGit said:

Just because someone has Down Syndrome, doesn't mean they can't be disliked. Just because someone has DS doesn't mean they are all perfect little angels that are above criticism and judgement. 

4 hours ago, AmeliaGit said:

Does anyone not agree with this?

I agree with the quoted portion above and disagree with everything else.

I don't even know anyone with DS but I stay away from making sweeping generalizations about entire communities. 

• Love 7

I do not like Megan. There, I said it. And 99% of you are problem thinking it but you're too afraid to say it. And I don't feel bad for saying it. Just because someone has Down Syndrome, doesn't mean they can't be disliked. Just because someone has DS doesn't mean they are all perfect little angels that are above criticism and judgement. She doesn't want to be limited and [they] and their parents want them to be treated just like everyone else, but yet God forbid someone says something negative about someone with this condition. It's just hypocritical and contradictory. 

My favorites on the show are Rachel, her parents, and Christina's parents. Rachel is just such a doll. John is probably my second favorite main cast member..although I do think they need to make him realize that a rap career isn't in his future and should start pushing him toward more realistic goals. 

My least favorites on this show are, of course, bratty and spoiled Megan, obnoxious Elena, perverted and immature Sean and Sean's mom. I'll get to them maybe in another post, but I'm going to dedicate this one to Megan. In fact, I hope she reads it (if she's even literate): 

-She does not own her own business. And holy crap, how could ANYONE believe that she runs Megology? How laughable are these claims? The worst part of this is that she believes it to be true and brags about it. Get over yourself Megan. You aren't a business woman. You can't even count money.  Your condition LIMITS you to be able to do anything that even comes close to owning and running a business. You aren't fooling anyone and its NOT cute. It's obnoxious. My favorite was the scene where she and Kris were meeting with a graphic designer to label the Megology "line". Kris commented that it would be expensive and they may not be able to afford the service; Megan's response? "I have $8 in my secret stash". Like, she was serious. Not only can Megan not count money, but she cannot even grasp the concept of numbers and money and amounts and such. Run a business? Give us a break you little coddled brat! Taking all the credit for the work of others is also not something I'd be teaching my DS child; which is exactly what Kris does for Megan in this Megology "business"!

-She did not write one word of the "Don't Limit Me" speech that she relishes in delivering to audiences. Her cringe-worthy mother did. She also coached Megan hundreds and hundreds, perhaps even thousands of times, on how to read and present it. In my opinion, the worst part of this speech is that Megan actually believes every word of it. Let me just dissect a few lines of that rubbish:

*When I was in high school I made a lot of friends (They weren't really your friends. They were typical* peers that had to be nice to you. You didn't "hang out" with them after school. You didn't go out partying your junior and senior year. You didn't shack up with male classmates. You didn't play beer pong at the after prom like all the "typicals" did.  Because, you aren't typical. You have Down Syndrome. 

(*Typical-the word used by Megan and other cast members on Born This Way to describe people without Down Syndrome.) 

*I was in regular classes with a para for support. (You may have sat in "regular" classrooms. But you were NOT learning "regular" lessons. Lessons were made special for you, because you have an abnormally low IQ and it was impossible for you to comprehend and retain the information that was given to all the other students. Just because you sat in a classroom with typicals means NOTHING. And even then, you had a "support person" in the classroom with you. I'm assuming more so to deal with your tantrums and breakdowns than help you "learn". 

*I became a cheerleader in high school (Your mother lobbied and forced the adults to let you prance around with real cheerleaders so that you could feel accepted and "popular". I'm 100% sure you did not learn any cheers and were not capable of any gymnastics. You were not a cheerleader. You were the cheerleader MASCOT).

*Teach me to be independent so I can become an independent adult. (Oh wow, where to start. First of all, teachers in typical classrooms---especially high school---do not teach students how to be "independent". In math, reading, science, computer classes etc., what is taught are those subjects, not "life skills". You were a disruption, Megan. And you were wasting teachers' time; time that was taken away from typical students who were there to learn because they didn't need to be taught "life skills" or "independence." Your mother should have been the one teaching you life skills and how to be independent, NOT your English teacher. And from what everyone has seen on television, your mother Kris, FAILED at teaching you life skills and independence. Well, to her credit, either she failed or you are not able to grasp or retain any knowledge or skills because, again, you have DOWN SYNDROME.  You ARE LIMITED! 

-Megan will never live on her own. She will forever have the brain of a young child. She needs to get over herself and let go of these ridiculous dreams and expectations she has aspired to. Her loony-toon mother isn't doing her any favors by supporting her DS child's outlandish behavior and thoughts. Megan wants to be a MOTHER? A film producer? A director? I really cannot stand this stuck up, coddled, spoiled, narcissistic little brat Megan. 

Oh...and least I forget...how disrespectful she is to her parents. I could write a whole other post strictly dedicated to that matter. So irritating. I just had to get this all out.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I agree with the quoted portion above and disagree with everything else.

I don't even know anyone with DS but I stay away from making sweeping generalizations about entire communities. 

Drogo, 

Where did I make sweeping generalizations about entire communities? My post was about Megan; not the other cast members. 

And unlike you, I know three people with DS. Two of them are very low functioning (nothing like you see on Born This Way). I also went to a high school that was non-inclusive but there was a special classroom for "Special Education" for all the kids with Down Syndrome and other learning disabilities. Looking back, there is no way 99% of those kids could or should have been included in typical classrooms. Its really just self-serving gratification for parents. I mean, look at Sean's mom on Born This Way. 

And if you don't agree with what I've written about Megan, then why don't you post a rebuttal to my opinions. What have I said about Megan that you think is an incorrect perspective? 

Edited by AmeliaGit
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

^^^ This is one of the saddest  things I have read in a long time.

crazycatlady58, 

What is so sad about what I wrote about Megan? I am a huge fan of Born This Way; its one of my favorite shows. The other cast members are just fine, with the exception of a couple, and Rachel is very endearing to me and I really enjoy her storyline. 

In fact, Rachel is a good example of a contrast to Megan. Rachel is genuine, humble, kind-hearted, generous, loving, respectful (especially to her parents, unlike Megan) and accepting of her intellectual disability. She is content with her limitations and works around them, whilst striving to succeed at smaller, more important things in life (not having a baby whose care will be put off onto others or moving to Hollywood to become a world famous film producer or "owning" and "running" a successful clothing business). Give me a break. 

Edited by AmeliaGit

The inclusion of kids with disabilities in general education classrooms  isn't "self-serving gratification", it's the law in the United States. IDEA 2004 mandates that all students be placed in their Least Restrictive Environment in terms of exposure to the age appropriate curriculum and being around their peers. The LRE in most cases is the general education classroom. The days of Special Education students being educated in broom closets are gone. Oh and heads up, it's also against the law not to provide the appropriate accommodations when one hires someone with disabilities, according to the ADA. Megan's mom is accomodating her in the running of Megology; who does that hurt, really? Who does it hurt that Megan is proud and confident? Why must she be defined by her limitations?

Students with even severe disabilities can benefit from this GenEd placement, with the right accommodations and modifications in place; thinking in the longterm, in most adulthood community and vocational scenarios are in a group environment, just like the mainstream classroom. Perhaps in Megan's case, she would have benefitted from more pullout services to bolster her number sense (which, at a high school level, is likely what happened, her math classes were probably in a resource classroom by middle school), but from the looks of things she has otherwise benefitted from inclusion and her high school experience. We don't think about this, but acculturation to a collective norm takes place in the classroom, but when you're out of that classroom, how can you be exposed to that, to those expectations? 100% Individualized education placement not only prevents students with disabilities from being exposed to cultural standards, but also breeds an air of being different, not part of the collective, which turns into self importance and not being able to empathize with others. We generally are taught the collective is more important than the individual, and this lesson should be taught to all students, regardless of ability deficits. 

Social skills are most certainly implicitly taught to ALL kids in schools, but some kids with disabilities may need to be explicitly taught these things, which is fine. And schools most certainly teach life skills to GenEd students as well(Health, Home Ec, and Shop ring a bell?).

Lastly, playing beer pong at after prom and hooking up with peers are most DEFINITELY not definitive of the high school experience. Are there some students who engage in activities like this? Of course, but there are many others who don't enjoy or engage in activities like this; I was one and I'm of average abilities. 

Edited by ChaChaSlide
  • Love 11
On 10/15/2016 at 8:57 PM, AmeliaGit said:

crazycatlady58, 

What is so sad about what I wrote about Megan? I am a huge fan of Born This Way; its one of my favorite shows. The other cast members are just fine, with the exception of a couple, and Rachel is very endearing to me and I really enjoy her storyline. 

In fact, Rachel is a good example of a contrast to Megan. Rachel is genuine, humble, kind-hearted, generous, loving, respectful (especially to her parents, unlike Megan) and accepting of her intellectual disability. She is content with her limitations and works around them, whilst striving to succeed at smaller, more important things in life (not having a baby whose care will be put off onto others or moving to Hollywood to become a world famous film producer or "owning" and "running" a successful clothing business). Give me a break. 

I will respond  under  " seven individuals  " thread.

I've been re-watchiing season 2 and I am more and more impressed with Rachel.  She is really smart but knows when she needs help.  She's such a sweetie.  And I like Sean less and less.

• Love 9

The season three promo looks better than the season two promo did, so hopefully this coming season is, indeed, better than the last, because I'm not sure how much longer I can hang in if it's more of last season's fabricated situations.  (Shenanigans or no, though, if it was just Rachel, Cristina, and their families, I would watch for years on end.)

• Love 3
(edited)

I dont think I'm going to like this Steven/Megan romance. Im sure it's producer driven. Megan just seems to be in love with the idea of love and Steven seems lonely. But maybe thats what brings most of us together.

I dunno...just feels off. They don't seem equally yoked and while I'm sure Steven would never take advantage of her, Megan's belief in her abilities is far ahead of where she actually is and that might lead her into relationship situations she's not ready for. She wants to run her own company and live on her own yet we learn she unable to do simple math or make her bed.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 9
On 5/7/2017 at 3:58 PM, Brooklynista said:

I dont think I'm going to like this Steven/Megan romance. Im sure it's producer driven. Megan just seems to be in love with the idea of love and Steven seems lonely. But maybe thats what brings most of us together.

I dunno...just feels off. They don't seem equally yoked and while I'm sure Steven would never take advantage of her, Megan's belief in her abilities is far ahead of where she actually is and that might lead her into relationship situations she's not ready for. She wants to run her own company and live on her own yet we learn she unable to do simple math or make her bed.

On 5/7/2017 at 4:42 PM, auntjess said:

Megan always gets more story lines.  I'd much rather see more of Elena and John, and really, any of them but much less Megan and Sean.

I'm guessing that due to her mom/her spearheading this project, Megan gets painted as much higher functioning than she actually is. She seems to have far less "common sense" than John, Rachel, Elena, and Steven.  I get what you're saying, @Brooklynista, it's off and i honestly feel bad for Steven being led down this path for a storyline. He always talked about wanting to be with someone more high functioning and this match is not it at all. He can work and live on his own and it seems that Megan can do neither of those. Unevenly yoked is right. They're playing him for the show, IMO.

I hope to see continued growth from Elena and I also hope that John's family breaks the news that rapping is not going to pay his bills so he needs to find a job and just know that entertainment (this show AND rapping) will be nice bonuses, but not lifetime support.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

I hope to see continued growth from Elena and I also hope that John's family breaks the news that rapping is not going to pay his bills so he needs to find a job and just know that entertainment (this show AND rapping) will be nice bonuses, but not lifetime support.

I worry the least about John, because I think he has the best support system.  And I think his mother meant it when she said if his rapping wasn't paying the bills by when he was 30, and that's about another year, then find another job.

• Love 2

The wonderful thing about the arts is that, even if it doesn't pay the bills, you can continue doing what you love.  John would do well with some sort of job and he could still do his music.  Right now a "regular" job for any of them presents problems because of the show's schedule.

• Love 4

Megan bugs me because while it's great to pretend she runs her own company and has held together a steady romantic relationship for 7 years, she doesn't have the abilities or mental to do these things.. And that's OK. Show us the things Megan is capable of. That's reality and I'd actually like her more than her mom pretending Megan is so much higher functioning than the others when she's not at all. 

Megan reminds me of my cousins daughter. She had a difficult time learning to read so her parents sent her to a small private school. There are maybe ten people in each grade. So she spent her high school years as a cheerleader ( all the girls in the school were cheerleaders they didn't even have to try out) My 2nd cousin doesn't have an athletic bone in her body but she played basketball and softball and soccer and volleyball. And to hear her talk she excelled in all of them. When in reality her entire team rarely ever hits a ball or scores any points at games. Yet her parents encourage her (which is great) and praise every little thing she does.. Quite frankly it's made her lazy because she feels that even the slightest effort should be rewarded. She got a D on a test and got upset because her mom didn't praise her for not failing. Since the school is so small the kids live in a bubble and are not treated how they would be in regular high school (where u are competitive about grades and have to try out for sports teams) she made prom court (the entire jr class girls were prom court because there are only six) and her family made a huge fuss over it. She's graduating 4th in her class with several D 's. So when she talks about herself she will say I'm 4th in my class I'm a cheerleader I. Play every sport at my school etc and all of this is true but in the real world or at college these things won't come easily to her and she's never had to put in the work for anything so I can see her struggling. I know Megan is different because she has down syndrome but Megan's mom seems to coddle her and praise her and lead her to believe her accomplishments are phenomenal. And there's nothing wrong with making your child feel good about themselves but she needs to teach Megan real world skills as well. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, kira28 said:

And there's nothing wrong with making your child feel good about themselves but she needs to teach Megan real world skills as well. 

That's the thing.  When they were at the grocery store, she had no idea of prices, and not sure that she can handle money.
Kris is unlikable, and it rubs off on Megan.

• Love 5

I think instead of trying to make Megology this huge online business (which Kris has to run), she should just encourage Megan to keep doing tie-dyed clothes to sell at a local flea market or something. Then Megan could learn money-handling and sales and customer service in a hands-on way, on a small enough scale that it wouldn't be intimidating or unmanageable.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, ClareWalks said:

I think instead of trying to make Megology this huge online business (which Kris has to run), she should just encourage Megan to keep doing tie-dyed clothes to sell at a local flea market or something. Then Megan could learn money-handling and sales and customer service in a hands-on way, on a small enough scale that it wouldn't be intimidating or unmanageable.

Kris has to scale even further back w Megan. Megan cannot count money so even working a local flea market would be too much. Megan was panic stricken at the market with Kris standing right there! I'd  like a more realistic view of Megan's abilities but that would betray the cheerleader/college student image Kris is trying to build.

• Love 5

In the episode in Colorado, when they were way behind with orders, they'd come up against what I think of as the "Oprah problem," where they'd get
big exposure for their product, and way too many orders over what they could fill.
And I think the people were buying things out of sympathy, not because the product was unique.

• Love 3

Kris is trying to milk this for everything she can because she knows that Megan's fame won't last forever.  Sean's mom is doing the same thing, promoting a line of t-shirts.  Sean's mom has already written a couple of books about how amazing she is as a parent (before Sean was on the show).  Megan and Sean aren't nearly as special as their parents think they are.  I think the other parents are much more realistic.

• Love 7

Those shirts just seem to encourage Sean to think his behavior is acceptable, and cute.
I'm surprised that the Down Syndrome Association gives their imprimatur to these shirts.

• Love 3

Ugh, those shirts! I can't decide if I think they're ripping off Harry Potter's lightning bolt or part of the AC-DC logo, but I can't stand "SeaneSe" either way. And why do the men's shirts go up to 5XL and the women's only go to 2XL?!? Everything about that line of shirts (and by extension, the family) is infuriating.

• Love 1
(edited)

Another season of fake with a few seconds of real.

The only one I have a real interest in is Elena.  

At the same time I strongly am against filming this group. It is not doing them any favors now or in the future.  When the cameras and fussing over them are gone, its going to be very rough for them.  

It may not be a popular opinion but I think its  hard enough trying to help them become independent which is a serious matter. Some of them may never be capable of it, so concentrate on day to day living , not babes, camera's, delusions of being celebrities, acting jobs that will never materialize and the endless talk of boyfriends and babies.

Cristina's parents are so intelligent, warm and loving so I really am surprised they are still going along with this.

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 5
(edited)

Cherrio, I share your concerns.  I think some families are handling it well and keeping their kids grounded, but some (Megan, Sean) are going to fall apart when the cameras go away.

Can Cristina's family adopt me?  They are loving, caring, smart, and good looking.  

I wonder if the shop didn't have bathing suits to fit Rachel or if she just didn't want to try any on.  It feels like she is the odd one out in the group.

I hope Steven doesn't get his heart broken by Megan.  His shyness is quite endearing.

Edited by camom
  • Love 4

I forgot this was airing tonight, and just tuned in about halfway through to hear Rachel proclaim it's "inappropriate" to wear a two-piece bathing suit in front of guys.  Um, okay. 

But I'll keep watching.  And it looks like there's another episode on after this one; I hope they're not going to burn the whole season off two at a time.

• Love 2

Ugh, more manufactured situations.  And not just going on the cruise to begin with, but specific shit like everyone dropping by one by one to interrupt Steven asking Megan out.  I hope that relationship itself is organic, and not something the producers prompted and nudged about, in the hopes of creating a storyline.

Any time Sean says anything about “the babes,” I want to smack his parents.  When he proclaims he’s dating Meghan Trainor, I want to smack him.  

I like Rachel, but if she can’t be happy without being in a romantic relationship, she has problems much bigger than DS.  She has so much fun with her friends and family, and I’m glad to hear her talk about trying new things and being happy independent of anyone else.  It’s interesting to hear that she hasn’t always been social like we see on the show.

Cristina, too, is doing well, acknowledging that she needs to live “on her own” and gain some independence before getting married.

I hope to see more of Elena and Hiromi this season; their progress individually and together is getting quite interesting.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Bastet said:

I forgot this was airing tonight, and just tuned in about halfway through to hear Rachel proclaim it's "inappropriate" to wear a two-piece bathing suit in front of guys.  Um, okay. 

But I'll keep watching.  And it looks like there's another episode on after this one; I hope they're not going to burn the whole season off two at a time.

This right here bugged me. No need for Rachel to push her insecurities off on Megan. If Rachel wants to wear a MiracleSuit wrapped in a moo moo, good on her. Doesn't mean all of the other girls need to. I'm far from being  a Megan fan, but she was cute in her 2pc. It was unfair of Rachel to make her feel uncomfortable about it. 

• Love 2

It made me uncomfortable that Christina's dad was asking her if had sex yet.. On camera. Talk to her all you want in private but it felt like maybe the producers prodded him to ask that and I felt he was sort of taking advantage of his daughters disability by asking her to reveal person information on camera. Just in appropriate. I can't stand Sean. I felt for Christina and her meltdown on camera. It's, scary for a "normal" 18 year old to move out on their own. I can't imagine how it feels if your capabilitiea are that of maybe a 13 year old. She was looking forward to moving with Angel so they could go thru it together.  I enjoy Steven. He seems sweet. More Elena please. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Bastet said:

Any time Sean says anything about “the babes,” I want to smack his parents.  When he proclaims he’s dating Meghan Trainor, I want to smack him.  

Co-sign. My god, it is tiresome. I just cringe every time he follows women around or calls them "babes" especially to their faces. It's almost like he knows that his DS will allow him to get away with being lecherous, because women would hesitate to tell him where to put his lines.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Co-sign. My god, it is tiresome. I just cringe every time he follows women around or calls them "babes" especially to their faces. It's almost like he knows that his DS will allow him to get away with being lecherous, because women would hesitate to tell him where to put his lines.

It's tiresome, but also makes me nervous that he is going to assault someone (maybe "just" verbally and not even physically) without entirely understanding what he's doing. I don't understand why his parents laugh it off and don't have a real conversation with him about respectful language and sexual harassment/unwanted attention. I'd feel the same way even if he didn't have a disability. I find his personality mostly off-putting but I did get a little misty-eyed when he got choked up thanking the case worker or whatever Robert is (who helped them live on their own). 

I also get nervous for Steven, who seems to be rushing the dating Megan thing. He wants his real-life movie and in real life, it doesn't work that way. But his parents seem more level-headed about his (lack of) experience in this area, and I hope his dad (inadvertent puns about "boning up" notwithstanding) really does have a talk with him about sex education/expectations/whatever you want to call it.

I feel like watching this group dating is like watching the famous fundies dating...chronologically they are older but emotional, so much younger and probably not ready for what they've gotten themselves into - with the possible exception of Cristina and Angel. While they have things to learn about independent living, they seem to have settled into a comfortable relationship where you can tell they really love each other. Not to mention the great role models they have in her parents.

Edited by Eureka
  • Love 5

So, I watched the latest episodes and I don't think I was really interested in the whole Steven and Megan thing, I find myself fast forwarding on the scenes I find the group scenes more interesting, but if they are happy that's all that matters.

I really like how Elena seems much more happier and more of in control of her emotions. Those pills must be really helping her. I like that she's very confident in herself and doesn't need a SO in order to be happy and having fun. I can't wait to see more of her and her experiences.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Eureka said:

It's tiresome, but also makes me nervous that he is going to assault someone (maybe "just" verbally and not even physically) without entirely understanding what he's doing. I don't understand why his parents laugh it off and don't have a real conversation with him about respectful language and sexual harassment/unwanted attention.

I cannot understand why we would still need to be pointing this out!  When he kept hitting on people dating others, when he went on vacation with that young couple, and had the same behavior, surely they told his parents.
He is a serious legal problem, maybe even a crime, waiting to happen.
I see Kris is saying she's working on Megan's life skills, but that's something she should have been doing years ago.
Does Steven even realize that Megan can't cook or shop, and can she clean?  Her mien suggests that she's more capable than she apparently is.

• Love 2

I loved the revelation that Rachel has been on her own for two days at a time and done great, and that she can cook and clean and balance her checkbook. I really love her parents (and Cristina's parents) and they have done an AMAZING job.

• Love 12

Why are Steven and Sean not continuing to live together?

Sean is creepy at times.

I hope they reveal what help Elena got and if her anger issues are better. 

I cried several times during the 2 episodes.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

Why are Steven and Sean not continuing to live together?

Sean is creepy at times.

I hope they reveal what help Elena got and if her anger issues are better. 

I cried several times during the 2 episodes.

Steven and Sean's home was just an air bnb for a month or so to get them acclimated to living independently (with the caregiver). It was never meant to be a permanent situation.

Sean is always creepy, to me. 

• Love 1

I hate to see this show, out of all other shows go the typical route of creating all these situations (cruise, etc) and drama..I loved the first season when we saw them doing cooking lessons and other things at the center they go to. I would LOVE to see more Rachel, and yeah, the Steven and Meg thing, he is so sweet and she doesnt seem to be the kind of girl he usually goes for. still love the show though:)

• Love 3

I agree nlkm9.  I could have done without the hour long commercial for the cruise line.  What started out as a show that showed the challenges and rewards for someone with Down syndrome and their family has turned into a typical reality show that makes things happen instead of just letting things happen.  As the parent of an adult who has DS, I can assure you that what we see on the show is not the norm.

• Love 7