Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

at a car dealership i worked at, our comptroller had the 2 tone look made popular i think by della reese when she was on touched by an angel.  didn't like it on her and didn't like it on my boss either.  oh by 2 tone, it was like cruella de ville only horizontal instead of vertical.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Ombre was really popular in NorCal in the late 2000s. I was never a fan of it, and was happy when the trend appeared to be dead once I came back from my duty station in Japan in 2013.

My least favorite fashion fad since Since "Sweebes" You know where women wear long sleeves down over their hands "Tause they widdle gurls who 'tant roll up der sweebes." Teens I understand (Tho I never watched party of 5 because...sweebes.)

I liked the blond waitress on Y&R who wore wooly fingerless gloves hooked to her sweater while she worked serving food and wiping tables. ewwww. (PS: That fringe on the tables would get pretty grotty IRL.)

• Love 3

My hair naturally is a sand shade and cool toned. Not attractive so I lighten it and then darken the bottom layers roots to tips. Recently though I just dyed it all medium brown. The lighter parts aren't holding the color as well after washes. 

Jacklyn Hill the guru has a light brown hair shade and she dyes it red and has to re-dye the entire thing every month and she only washes her hair once a week. 

Guys I told you about that guy who was being a dick to me at work (well one of the people who is a jackass to me). Anyhow he was making a putting crates and stuff blocking my desk and refused to move it saying he could do whatever he wants yadda yadda. So I starting moving one that way I could get to my desk. And he picked up one and threw it in a tantrum and it accidentally hit me. I said "do that again and we're gonna have a problem." And he started yelling it was an accident calm down he's tired of my shit I'm annoying. I said I'm calm I'm telling you keep this up and I'll talk to someone. So he screamed shut the fuck up bitch. 

He did the throwing of plastic crates and the cussing out bullshit in front of like 15 vendors and cameras. 

So I reported him to his boss/my team leads supervisor and that guy and a female manager called him in the office and gave him "verbal counseling" I asked if it'll be in his file and his boss/my bosses boss said yes. WTF is this baby shit? Later my supervisor got in a screaming match w a vendor. And a guy in produce had a hissy fit over something really stupid (his old boss/my friend was in the NYT yest and he was talking shit all jealous and insecure). 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Guys I told you about that guy who was being a dick to me at work (well one of the people who is a jackass to me). Anyhow he was making a putting crates and stuff blocking my desk and refused to move it saying he could do whatever he wants yadda yadda. So I starting moving one that way I could get to my desk. And he picked up one and threw it in a tantrum and it accidentally hit me. I said "do that again and we're gonna have a problem." And he started yelling it was an accident calm down he's tired of my shit I'm annoying. I said I'm calm I'm telling you keep this up and I'll talk to someone. So he screamed shut the fuck up bitch. 

He did the throwing of plastic crates and the cussing out bullshit in front of like 15 vendors and cameras. 

So I reported him to his boss/my team leads supervisor and that guy and a female manager called him in the office and gave him "verbal counseling" I asked if it'll be in his file and his boss/my bosses boss said yes. WTF is this baby shit? Later my supervisor got in a screaming match w a vendor. And a guy in produce had a hissy fit over something really stupid (his old boss/my friend was in the NYT yest and he was talking shit all jealous and insecure). 

Do you live in Geona City, Wisconsin and work at the athletic club?

FYI, Geona City, Wisconsin is a real place, apparently. I just found that out. 

• Love 4

GC is a real place though I've never been (per chance to dream). I lived in Chicago before my split and now live on the NS. Since GC is depicted as a wealthy area between Chicago and nearish Milwaukee w mansions, d list celebs,  and corporation HQs, I always pictured it as my area like a Kennelworth or Lake Forest. There is a mini chain of Rexx Rugs also in Chicago. I always wanted to take a pic outside flopped in front of my SUV and post it in small talk. 

• Love 6

To all you Canadian Preverts - is politics in your country as nasty and ridiculous as American politics? Aside from Rob Ford I haven't really heard about you guys having any major scandals. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

To all you Canadian Preverts - is politics in your country as nasty and ridiculous as American politics? Aside from Rob Ford I haven't really heard about you guys having any major scandals. 

I'm no authority on politics anywhere, but...

IMO, no, at a national level, there are occasional stinks but nothing epic. Mind, you, our culture in general is fairly different from the general sense of US culture. We're built on multiculturalism, so any questionable racist crap literally can't play here.

• Love 8

That is one toxic environment, Petunia. Holy shit. Verbal counseling my ass. Throwing stuff is unacceptable, as is acting like a spoiled toddler. Does that douchebag bring something so special to the table that he can't be replaced or that the inevitable lawsuits are worth it?

My workplace doesn't exactly cover itself in glory, as ShopAss has uttered the N word in front of people and told me I wouldn't last long in a WWII era concentration camp because I'm such a soft hearted liberal, and guess what? He's still shopassing his little shopass around the shop. He's also got a hair trigger temper, which I can't stand. 

Co-workers. Meh.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, crowsworks said:

My least favorite fashion fad since Since "Sweebes" You know where women wear long sleeves down over their hands "Tause they widdle gurls who 'tant roll up der sweebes." Teens I understand (Tho I never watched party of 5 because...sweebes.)

I have windshirts (longer sleeves with a thumbhole to to keep chilly air from flying up your jacket) for running, but I never understood Sweebes. There is a recent trend starting late Spring 2015 for voluminous shirts and pants, and was featured in many of the fashion shows for Spring 2017 -- Sweebes among them.

vetements-2017-spring-summer-mode-paris- 

VETEMENTS 2017 Spring

Center tent pole extra

I liked the blond waitress on Y&R who wore wooly fingerless gloves hooked to her sweater while she worked serving food and wiping tables. ewwww. (PS: That fringe on the tables would get pretty grotty IRL.)

IKR! I hated the tapestry-upholstered arm rest on the bar in the GCAC. Grossed me out every time I looked at it.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I have windshirts (longer sleeves with a thumbhole to to keep chilly air from flying up your jacket) for running, but I never understood Sweebes. There is a recent trend starting late Spring 2015 for voluminous shirts and pants, and was featured in many of the fashion shows for Spring 2017 -- Sweebes among them.

VETEMENTS 2017 Spring

Center tent pole extra

IKR! I hated the tapestry-upholstered arm rest on the bar in the GCAC. Grossed me out every time I looked at it.

The top two photos look like inmates in some futuristic mental facility and the second two look like a Trump relaunch of Green Acres.

But then again, considering the old sweats with the ripped pocket, the ratty teeshirt and old man sweater I'm wearing as I type this, I probably shouldn't be snarking.  I WILL clean up before I leave the house......I hope.....

• Love 5

are those seriously fashion trends?

LOL  well, at least at thanksgiving / christmas  no worries about eating too much and having to undo the top button of your pants..

i was just watching cnn a little while ago and was thinking hillary's new song should be "and don't she turn the red states blue"...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, boes said:

But then again, considering the old sweats with the ripped pocket, the ratty teeshirt and old man sweater I'm wearing as I type this, I probably shouldn't be snarking.  I WILL clean up before I leave the house......I hope.....

boes, to paraphrase Groucho, I don't want to be chatting on a board where people are wearing anything else, thank you very much.

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, pearlite said:

boes, to paraphrase Groucho, I don't want to be chatting on a board where people are wearing anything else, thank you very much.

EXCUSE ME?

i take offense...what about us who are wearing their housecoats with curlers in our hair and eating bon bons as we fritter away our day....hrrummmmph.

• Love 11

LOL  when i was just 16 and just got married (the first time), i thought you made spaghetti with spag. noodles and ketchup with some hamburger in it.....didn't ever have any REAL spaghetti and meatballs until my dh(#2)  took me to the "italian village" in vancouver on our 2nd date.  LOL  then, he just had to ruin it by saying how come every time i bring someone here they always order spaghetti and meatballs. still went on a 3rd date with him tho.

• Love 5

wish Justin Trudeau would be involved in some scandal.  Nothing career-damaging, of course.  Just some run-of-the-mill skinny-dipping/nekkid-sunbathing photos will suffice.  C'mon, Wikileaks!  

My sister is at a rally right now for the candidate who is not a Terrible Racist Ugly Misogynist Pinhead. She wanted me to go with her, but that turns out to be an all-day affair, so I passed this time.  That's the upside of living in a battleground state.  Chelsea Clinton was here last week, Michelle Obama was here about two weeks ago, Bernie Sanders was here last month.  Tonight, both Hillary Clinton and her Tim Kaine are here.  In 2008, I just stumbled across Barack Obama the morning of the primary.  He unexpectedly stopped for breakfast at a diner next door to the place I get my morning coffee.  I was a little late for work that day, since I hung around and waited for him to leave!

Petunia, that sucks.  Your employer must be reluctant to fire people for some reason.  If reckless endangerment isn't a good enough reason, who knows what will be sufficient.  Maybe he'll steer clear of you now that he's had "verbal counseling". 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

wish Justin Trudeau would be involved in some scandal.  Nothing career-damaging, of course.  Just some run-of-the-mill skinny-dipping/nekkid-sunbathing photos will suffice.  C'mon, Wikileaks!  

My sister is at a rally right now for the candidate who is not a Terrible Racist Ugly Misogynist Pinhead. She wanted me to go with her, but that turns out to be an all-day affair, so I passed this time.  That's the upside of living in a battleground state.  Chelsea Clinton was here last week, Michelle Obama was here about two weeks ago, Bernie Sanders was here last month.  Tonight, both Hillary Clinton and her Tim Kaine are here.  In 2008, I just stumbled across Barack Obama the morning of the primary.  He unexpectedly stopped for breakfast at a diner next door to the place I get my morning coffee.  I was a little late for work that day, since I hung around and waited for him to leave!

Petunia, that sucks.  Your employer must be reluctant to fire people for some reason.  If reckless endangerment isn't a good enough reason, who knows what will be sufficient.  Maybe he'll steer clear of you now that he's had "verbal counseling". 

NOOOOOO!!!!  Although, it is somewhat common knowledge that Justin did step out on Sophie at some point earlier in their marriage.  They have both separately somewhat alluded to it/acknowledged it without coming right and saying it.  It's just very different here.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I just want nekkid photos!  Like I said, nothing skeevy, just harmless fun nekkid pix!  

Ok now Snap, you didn't hear this from me right?  A friend of a friend, of a friend of a neighbour's mechanic, who is friends with the florist's assistant's dog sitter  has it on good authority,  when the Cambridges were visiting our beautiful west coast last month there was some tongue waggling of certain wild tea party the Trudeaus were hosting.  Well... apparently there just maaaay be some photos NOT endorsed by Kensington Palace of our handsome young PM Justin dancing with the Duchess wearing little more than a tea cozy on his winky.  As a matter of discretion, I couldn't possibly comment further on the accuracy of the rumoured colour or placement of the cozy's pompom.

• Love 10

Hear what, klopek?  I didn't hear anything. 'Cause I'm discreet like that.  But what I didn't hear sounds a lot like JT (Prime Minister JT, NOT ButtBiscuit JT) is doing a public service extolling the benefits of safe sex for the youth and young-at-heart of Canada.  Imagine how many WTD stories could have been avoided if Nick Newman had worn a tea cozy condom on his winky.  (How's that for spin?!!  KellyAnne Condeplorable doesn't know shit about spin.)

Oh, and...I've never been jealous of a tea cozy before.

• Love 9
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:25 AM, boes said:

The top two photos look like inmates in some futuristic mental facility and the second two look like a Trump relaunch of Green Acres.

Pretty hoity toity, boes.

I'm in a ancient Frank Zappa concert tee shirt, ripped Levis and worn out Onitsuka Tiger running shoes.

I love Sunday.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:17 AM, LeftPhalange said:

Why are the people in the bottom two pics wearing extremely oversized aprons?

The models were paid to wear them, and that explains the "Why." They're a kind of super-sized canvas overalls.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:27 AM, valleycliffe said:

are those seriously fashion trends?

The influence of overly long sleeves, planet encompassing sweaters, too long wide-leg pants, over-size dresses have been seen for the 2 years. Some fashion designers have embraced the over-size trend, where others have been incorporating certain aspects in some of their pieces.

I've seen teenagers and hipsters wearing JNCO (vintage and new) and over-size clothes for years, but some aspects of the present style could matriculate to ready-to-wear in 18 months.

web1_JNCO-Group-2.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:05 PM, valleycliffe said:

i take offense...what about us who are wearing their housecoats with curlers in our hair and eating bon bons as we fritter away our day....hrrummmmph.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:12 PM, peacheslatour said:

Bon bons? Pffft, luxury. In real 'Murka we is happy as pigs in shit with eatin' sketti and fried possum. And what's wrong with wearin' Cletus' old prison Dickes?

Nothing as long as Cletus doesn't get caught moonshinin' again and break probation.

That's fancy livin' there, Valleycliff ... box chocolates and curlers ... My oh my!

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8

I'm not sure I understand, peaches.  Are you saying Y&R isn't listed on your Forum page?  I have Y&R on my custom homepage, but I checked the main Forum page and it is listed there.  A few weeks ago, another Prevert said none of the "J"s were listed on their Forum page.  But I had the "J"s listed on mine.  Could there be some strange glitch that is only affecting some of us?  Is this another cyber attack?  Damn you, Vladamir!  

• Love 4

There's a questions thread you can ask, Peaches. It'll definitely get the attention of a mod rather than posting here.

Another question is why is my grandfather so cheap? Yesterday, he finally agreed to put the heat on after I found him with a space heater. He made me put it at 65 and then lowered it to 60. And just now, I passed by the thermostat and he turned it off completely. It's going to feel like -2 tonight with the windchill. Give me a fucking break.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, jewel21 said:

It's going to feel like -2 tonight with the windchill. Give me a fucking break.

Your fellow Preverts here in southern Ontario hear ya Jewel.  Tonights forecast temp is -2 (windchill -5), which in a few months time, in the centre dead of dank February we'll be ambling about in t-shirts and hoodies remarking "wot a lovely mild day it is" lol.  Not today though - these first tastes of below zero feel colder than a witch's tit.  Seems early to be digging out the winter woolies again... didn't we just pack those fuckin' things away?  harumph etc.

• Love 8

I went winter coat shopping. All duds. I had a v nice and v warm winter coat I miss but in my split 3 yrs ago I left everything behind.  Anyhow didn't buy a coat but got a warm big sweater cardi for layering and warm hat. 

On another note how come all the nice guys who are handsome and funny taken?The cutie I've been talking to for weeks has never mentioned he has a live in gf. 

• Love 5

Being from Northern California, I thought I knew what winter was....HA! Until I joined the Navy, I had never own a pair of gloves that cost more than $5 and certainly not a scarf. But the winds around Yokosuka base were horrendous!

Still, it rarely got below freezing...except for  nights where I had mid watch at the pier gate. Lol.

The week I spent in Philly commissioning the USS Somerset in 2014 gave me awhole new perception of what cold is. I went into the Ship's laundry area where I work, which is one of the warmest area on any ship....29 frigging degrees. The cooks had dropped off a tablecloth that someone spilled liquid on at a reception the night before and it was frozen solid.

I'm fairly sure that was also the same morning it was 11 degrees outside. It was dry cold and not windy, making it tolerable compared with 11 knot winds in Japan, but I won't be packing up to the East Coast any time soon. ;)

• Love 5

It Chicago its very windy and quite cold in winter. It's a city of extremes when it's comes to weather, politics, crime, construction, classes, & cultures. It's like if NYC was smooshed with Portland and Detroit. 

I very much like NYC, esp the Bronx and Manhattan but couldn't relocate cuz of my family being here and the jobs I applied to there didn't hire me. 

• Love 4

Oh, PatsyandEddie, I am heartily sorry for your loss. I lost my dear aunt (more like a sister, really) last year. Nothing can really fill the hole in your life, but happy memories are the best comfort I had and still have. Treasure every moment you had with your darling mother and keep her in your heart by honoring her every day.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Lost my much loved mother late Monday. Still very verklempt. 

oh patsy, my heart goes out to you...

it's heartbreaking whenever you lose a loved one, especially when it's your mother, no matter what your age.

i feel so silly cause i have tears running down my cheeks..

• Love 9

So terribly saddened to hear Patsy.  I will be giving my 90yr old mum an extra squeeze and peck on her cheek when I tuck her into bed tonight in honour of the memory of your Mother.  (((hugs to you dear Patsy)))   

• Love 9
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:01 PM, Petunia13 said:

I went winter coat shopping. All duds. I had a v nice and v warm winter coat I miss but in my split 3 yrs ago I left everything behind.  Anyhow didn't buy a coat but got a warm big sweater cardi for layering and warm hat. 

I've been looking for a new raincoat (It could happen in SoCal), but not much luck.

On another note how come all the nice guys who are handsome and funny taken?The cutie I've been talking to for weeks has never mentioned he has a live in gf. 

Some guys thrive on attention and like to keep in practice, just in case the live-in throws his crap into the parking lot.

• Love 2