Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 10:02 PM, Snaporaz said:

I'm not sure I understand, peaches.  Are you saying Y&R isn't listed on your Forum page?  I have Y&R on my custom homepage, but I checked the main Forum page and it is listed there.  A few weeks ago, another Prevert said none of the "J"s were listed on their Forum page.  But I had the "J"s listed on mine.  Could there be some strange glitch that is only affecting some of us?  Is this another cyber attack?  Damn you, Vladamir!  

That's It! Putin hates HRC and Y&R. "Dat Veector is some guy but he needs to be led around on horse shirtless (I almost wrote shitless)

• Love 6

Gracious Father, I ask for Your intercession for my friend Patsy. She's heartbroken at the death of her beloved mother. I reach out to You, the source of all compassion and every comfort, to grace her with Your unfailing love. Show mercy through her pain and loneliness, and strengthen her for the struggles ahead. May Patsy know Your peace in her sorrow. Amen

We're here for you.

• Love 9

peacheslatour - i had to go to the shows listing pages to retrieve this forum (laptop crashed).  at first i didn't see y&r listed either.  but then, just above the 4 that were listed were the words "see all listings".  click on that and there it will be.

Edited by valleycliffe
used wrong name
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

peacheslatour - i had to go to the shows listing pages to retrieve this forum (laptop crashed).  at first i didn't see y&r listed either.  but then, just above the 4 that were listed were the words "see all listings".  click on that and there it will be.

Thanks valley. I knew that, but I'm used to seeing it on the main page, where it belongs, dammit. I never would have found it on TWoP if it hadn't been on the main page there. I was on TWoP because of Bates Motel and it wouldn't even have occurred to me to look for Y&R if it hadn't been staring me in the face, lol.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I've been looking for a new raincoat (It could happen in SoCal), but not much luck.

Some guys thrive on attention and like to keep in practice, just in case the live-in throws his crap into the parking lot.

Me, too. The one I had since I was in college and lasted through my tour in Japan and back gave up the ghost in the middle of February and I didn't want to buy another one so close to summer.

As a native NorCal girl, I'm still baffled by the freakouts behind rain here. I've had customers cancel appointments on days where we got baby drizzles. Even more baffling is the cancelation of schools in San Diego County when the temperature goes above 90, especially on Coronado Island, whose state of the art schools are filled with rich brats who will hardly be sweating as Mommy, Daddy or Nanny picks them up in the 7 Series because the S550 Benz is in the shop. 

Oh well.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

LOL  just watching hillary's speech in north carolina...she is standing in front of the stripes part of the flag..

just curious, wonder if donald knows what the stripes represent on the flag, stars part is easy.

I doubt a brain dead walking drool cup knows much about American history.

• Love 12

Hey Miamama, just reading the libel discussion over in the US daily thread made me wonder - back when Gawker/the Star published the Rob Ford crack tape business, they would have had to run it by their legal team before publishing, right?

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

Hey Miamama, just reading the libel discussion over in the US daily thread made me wonder - back when Gawker/the Star published the Rob Ford crack tape business, they would have had to run it by their legal team before publishing, right?

Yes. For sure. And they knew Ford couldn't prove it was false. Star was extremely aggressive with Ford because they knew he was doing this shit. They did same with Ghomeshi. (Ran aggressive articles.) Honestly it shocked me how they ran unproven allegations so freely in that case (I mean before the trial). No way would that stuff have gotten past the libel lawyers at the Globe when I worked there. Internet and social media has relaxed libel issues in media I've noticed (mostly because it is so difficult to pursue anonymous tweeters). So everyone seems to get away with more. Even big newspapers. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

My little purring pal wishes Patty, Mr. Kitty, and Preverts everywhere a Happy National Cat Day!  After all, you're the coolest cats around!

Excellent timing Snap! It's also important for all of us to remember to keep our little darlings inside and safe on All Hallows Eve. There are some very fucked up people out there who think it's the height of hilarity to kill and maim cats on Halloween.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 9

A lot of people are garbage. 

My lil dog looks like a black cat since he's black, is kitten weight, has pointy ears, climbs furniture, etc. he resembles the crate and barrel black cat they have on their Halloween stuff this yr.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and super Halloween and posts if they did anything fun or silly this year. I actually won a pumpkin carving contest, won a makeup contest Friday, and got yelp ROTD today. My friend said I should buy some scratch offs lol. 

• Love 8

Of my ? or the china w the black cats next to my scamp? Well I bought five dollars of scratch offs but LOST so can't hire the banner plane to fly over cbs studios or the gift baskets each of you deserve. I can't believe so many people buy them. I think people get a thrill out of the scratching and occasional win. 

Sorry to monopolize the posts but that Joel was suspended for a week without pay for what he did a week or so ago.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Happy Hallowe'en or Good Samhain depending.

I have no idea about show nor do I care at this point. Mom will be buried tomorrow and I wanted to thank you all for the prayers and love sent my way. You Preverts are the Best!!!

I am so sorry to hear about your mother I haven't been on in days please accept my condolences.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Edited by Shicklove1
Add text
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Miamama, what's the inside scoop, if any, on Rosie DiManno? She just seems like a very unpleasant person, if her Twitter is any indication, and her writing is rubbish too!

Well, you got me, instead of miamama, but this I can tell you. She's at best a third-rate print journalist, who's been with the Toronto Star for years and years. No one actually cares about her.

• Love 2

Thanks, Pearlite ? I do know where she plies her ink-stained wretchedness (that may be a mixed metaphor or something); I read the Star for years as my husband worked at the press plant in Vaughan for 16 years. I just wondered if Miamama had any insight as to why the Star continues to pay her to write drivel ?

• Love 1
Just now, Capricasix said:

Thanks, Pearlite ? I do know where she plies her ink-stained wretchedness (that may be a mixed metaphor or something); I read the Star for years as my husband worked at the press plant in Vaughan for 16 years. I just wondered if Miamama had any insight as to why the Star continues to pay her to write drivel ?

Beats me! I finally gave up on the Star a few years ago--my family was involved with it too.

• Love 1

Lord, hear our prayers on this Holy Day of Obligation, we pray for the repose of Patsy's mother, departed this life, and for the forgiveness of her every transgression. Lord, have mercy.

With the spirit of the righteous made perfect, hold safe the soul of Your servant in the glory that is lived with You and all Your Saints. Give her rest in the bosom of Abraham; and number her among the Just, through Your grace as our merciful God. Everlasting be her blessed name and her memory eternal. Gracious Father, You alone are immortal. Both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Capricasix said:

Miamama, what's the inside scoop, if any, on Rosie DiManno? She just seems like a very unpleasant person, if her Twitter is any indication, and her writing is rubbish too!

I'll ask my husband when he gets home. He was a sports columnist at the Sun back when she was a sports columnist for the Star. I think she made her mark writing sports when women really didn't do that? Not sure. I know he's alluded to the crazy twins (DiManno and Blatchford) in the past but I paid scant attention. lol. I worked with the latter and the fact is columnists like these two have a loyal following (go figure) in the sense that they are very vocal in support of them. They're like soap stans on Twitter, lol. They make a lot of disproportionate NOISE on their behalf. Plus they get attention for their over the top views and style (i.e. people bitch about them A LOT; and editors like this because it means people are "talking."). So their employers keep them onboard and pay them very well. I can't stand the crap. Though Blatch knows the courts quite well, so she handles that decently from time to time. Also Peggy Wente is another one who SHOULD NOT BE EMPLOYED AS A WRITER.

In this sense the internet and the death of traditional newspapers will be good. These twits won't be handed such a big forum anymore. Bloggers have to earn it with actual numbers.

• Love 4

I think blogging is less popular now too. People don't want to read. I think that's why a lot of blogs closed or became less popular and a lot of message boards get lower traffic than even ten yrs ago. On another weird note .... it wasn't until I listened to their podcasts for damn near a year that I realized Tara and Dave who invented & run the site are married to each other and by listening to another podcast I found on iTunes that I learned the other site founder Sarah is pretty awesome - she does all this stuff for here while doing the same for her other site Tomato Nation  and is very big in philanthropy. She raises and gives A LOT to children's education. Mind = blown.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

Well, if I'm not mistaken, Tara and Dave also created TWoP back in the day...

I knew that and all three were part of it. I lurked and read threads when I was in college way back 2004-2007. So realizing they were married to each other and Sarah has a whole other full time job of her site and sports journalism I was all "waaaahat?" And making the face Summer Newman makes in every situation. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I knew that and all three were part of it. I lurked and read threads when I was in college way back 2004-2007.  

Lol, I was in college at the same time! I didn't think anyone else my age followed soaps anymore. LOL.

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:23 PM, miamama said:

All our love for all our moms will be with you and your mom, Patsy. ❤️❤️❤️

It's all one big love. 

Adding my love to all the wonderful sentiments posted. So sorry for your loss.

• Love 7

I got my hair done over the weekend, and the young woman who washed my hair was talking about "This is Us".  For the life of me I couldn't remember Justin Hartley's name & I called him "the cute one who was on The Young and the Restless."  She said she had no idea since she never saw a soap.

• Love 4

Thanks to Cupid once again. The day was beautiful and I am slowly making peace with her passing. She actually had a little smile on her face which I am attributing to her being reunited with our father, our brother and his son. So much love for you all. 

I am watching show but am more absorbed in the US election. It's like a train wreck you can't stop staring at. But then, so is show. 

• Love 11