Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

I had one of the quickest voting experiences ever.  Waltzed right in at 12:30, no line, out by 12:35. 

I'm with her! (and my Virginia senator, hopefully next Vice Pres, Tim Kaine)

• Love 6

LOL  the republicans have launched a lawsuit against nevada for the polls staying open late to accommodate all the early voting people in the line who had been waiting.  they want those ballots discounted.

they must be very worried.

Edited by valleycliffe
added to post
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Right? It is literally the flag of traitors. And I've seen it up here in WA. WTF, you idiots, nobody in your family fought in that war, so don't tell me "it's about heritage, not hate". It's a historical fact that that thing wasn't dragged out of mothballs until the early sixties. Hm, I wonder what kind of movement was happening in the early sixties?

NP, please give your mom a hug for me. :)

My idiot, homophobic, VERY racist asshole oldest brother put a confederate flag up in his front yard - to piss off his oldest granddaughter, who is in her first year of college and has told dear old Grampa just how horrible his prejudices are.  The man is nuts.  He's taunting his 19 year old granddaughter....who does that??

And we're from Iowa, for Chrissake.  Nobody in our family even fought in the Civil War, though a couple hid out in the woods to avoid the draft back then.

Needless to say, he's not talking to me - again.  And I couldn't care less.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

LOL  the republicans have launched a lawsuit against nevada for the polls staying open late to accommodate all the early voting people in the line who had been waiting.  they want those ballots discounted.

Funny this is, the reason we vote on Tuesday here was to accommodate the Sabbath, as people were not supposed to travel on Sunday. So folks traveled on Monday to get to the polls on Tuesday. 

Interesting thing: areas with early voting that is open on weekends see much higher black (read: largely Democratic) turnout. And this is why the GOP fights tooth and nail against.mail in voting, because they claim it'll heavily favor "lazy" Dem voting.

...whut. :/

6 minutes ago, boes said:

My idiot, homophobic, VERY racist asshole oldest brother put a confederate flag up in his front yard - to piss off his oldest granddaughter, who is in her first year of college and has told dear old Grampa just how horrible his prejudices are.  The man is nuts.  He's taunting his 19 year old granddaughter....who does that??

And we're from Iowa, for Chrissake.  Nobody in our family even fought in the Civil War, though a couple hid out in the woods to avoid the draft back then.

Needless to say, he's not talking to me - again.  And I couldn't care less.

Jesus fuck, that's unfortunate. I feel so sorry for young kids these day with literal dinosaurs like this in their family. How petty is this?

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

WOW!  i just read that glenn beck, yes that glenn beck, in an interview with a newspaper, apologized for what he has previously said about president obama...he said when he heard michelle speak, he decided to be a better man.  then he said he was voting for hilary clinton.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2016/11/08/obama-made-me-a-better-man-glenn-beck-tells-the-new-yorker/

When Glenn Beck opens his mouth, he's trying selling you something.

• Love 5

At least the Bush family, John Kasich, and a handful of others including WA state Rep. Dave (I Caught The Green River Killer!!) Reichart have had the courage of their convictions. Then we have sniveling cowards like Ted (Most Punchable Face) Cruz weasel wording because it's Party before Country!

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

if they didnèt vote trump, would not that be a vote in favour of hilary

I was thinking the same thing.

Still, you'd think he'd rather vote for someone who at least..you know...actually ran this year?

• Love 2

The judge--a woman, not that it matters--denied them. Per the Twitter account of the proceeds by someone who was present, she wasn't having their weak arguments and pretty much went Judge Judy all over their asses. Wouldn't be surprised though if this is a card they continue to try to play as voting proceeds across the nation.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The judge--a woman, not that it matters--denied them. Per the Twitter account of the proceeds by someone who was present, she wasn't having their weak arguments and pretty much went Judge Judy all over their asses. Wouldn't be surprised though if this is a card they continue to try to play as voting proceeds across the nation.

oh thank you...........lol at judge judy..

loved watching her...

1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

hate when my keyboard gets a mind of it's own and shifts some of the stuff to the right on the keys..don't know what the e with the accent above it means.  only way i can fix it is to restart my laptop..:(

• Love 4
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

I think the argument there is, in states that are so,so close, voting against Trump by choosing a third party candidate, or in this case, someone who isn't even running, instead of voting FOR Hillary is a boon to Trump.  

Circuitous argument, I know.....

• Love 2
2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

oh thank you...........lol at judge judy..

loved watching her...

hate when my keyboard gets a mind of it's own and shifts some of the stuff to the right on the keys..don't know what the e with the accent above it means.  only way i can fix it is to restart my laptop..:(

It's French. It's an e with an accent grave. Your keyboard must have switched languages. Mine does this from time to time. I like to keep it on American (English) but sometimes it likes to switch to Canadian (bilingual.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

It's French. It's an e with an accent grave. Your keyboard must have switched languages. Mine does this from time to time. I like to keep it on American (English) but sometimes it likes to switch to Canadian (bilingual.)

I once had my phone keyboard switch into Japanese randomly. Thankfully not for Internet stuff, but for the word processor I was using. I forgot what I did to unfuck that, though.

• Love 4

I can't. I just can't. 

I don't know if I can ever speak to my brother again. I cannot bear the ignorant teasing I will endure at work tomorrow. What is this country? It doesn't feel like home to me. Dear Jupiter, how I wish I wasn't struggling financially because I would blow this racist pop stand. 

• Love 8

We will have to wait to see the analysis, but I am going to predict that women lost this election.  White women, youngish (30s) and older.

Plus, Trump fascist fever has made white men who never vote, actually vote.  A very interesting trend.

Trump has appealed to the white working class voter, and succeeded.  It will be interesting to see what he can do to meet their needs.  They clearly  don't give a shit about women's rights, minority rights, and the US being a country that is respected in the world.  Bizarro world right now.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I can't. I just can't. 

I don't know if I can ever speak to my brother again. I cannot bear the ignorant teasing I will endure at work tomorrow. What is this country? It doesn't feel like home to me. Dear Jupiter, how I wish I wasn't struggling financially because I would blow this racist pop stand. 

Who says you gotta go to Canada legally? ;)

I just gotta find a way for my lease to get stolen into Mexico and figure out how to smuggle a chiweenie over the border and besides that, I have nothing holding me here to this racist, assbackwards country that insists on remaining racist and assbackwards. 

• Love 9

as i wake up to this tragedy, i am stunned.

may god have mercy on the usa.

wonder how long before buyers remorse hits.

when abortion of any kind is made illegal?

when the laws allowing same sex anything are over turned?

shaking my head....

• Love 11

I fell asleep in one country and woke up in another. The only time I cried was when my 12 year old niece emailed me because her hopes had been crushed. I'm terrified for Latinos, Muslims, African-Americans, Jewish people, people who need health insurance, the list goes on and on. I can't even imagine how frightening it is to see virulent racism empowered on such a high and intense level. I'm pretty nervous being a female atheist, not that I'd be dumb enough to advertise it here in Northern Diptshitistan, where guns and Bibles outnumber people at least 4-1. Eat a giant bag of elephant dung, racist America. 

Coal is not coming back. Steel is not coming back. I'm sure your cross burnings and bleaching your Klan regalia will keep you occupied as you wait and wait for the return of glory days that never will be again. Fools. 

• Love 12

gah, even our global bc news is all trump trump trump...

read a banner headline that said hilary had the popular vote (most votes) but trump got the electoral votes..

i think it should have went to hilary.

wonder if the stock market crashes when it opens?

• Love 6