Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: Live Eliminations

• Start Topic

How the T12 have stacked up against each other in the rounds so far on iTunes:
Top Auditions - Jordan, Amy, Shelby, Barrett (All made T100; next highest is below #300.)
Top Battles - Barrett, Mark, Korin, Jordan, Amy (The ones who made T200.)
Top Knockouts - Amy, Jordan, Madi, Braiden, Korin (The ones who made T100.)
Top Playoffs - Jordan, Emily, Barrett, Zach, Madi
T12 - Jordan, Amy, Jeffery, Barrett, Emily
T11 - Amy, Jordan, Emily, Madi, Jeffery

Most consistent: #1 Jordan - 1st, 2nd, 4th, 1st, 1st, 2nd
#2 Amy - 1st, 5th, 2nd, 2nd, 1st
#3 Barrett - 3rd, 1st, 4th, 4th
#4 Emily - 2nd, 5th, 3rd

#5 Madi - 5th, 3rd, 4th
#6, #7 Jeffery then Korin - 5th, 3rd
1 placement - Zach (lives); Braiden, Shelby, Mark
Nothing - Evan

Edited by jjjmoss

Evan, Evan, Evan. The only thing about your last appearance that was more awkward than that attempt to swivel your hips, was your oddly grandiose assessment of your destiny. Your proclamation that you now know beyond a shadow of a doubt that your purpose in life is to use your awesome and God-given talent to reach out and make emotional connections with every audience, preferably in the largest possible venues, was -- I don't know -- sort of delusional? Even Pharrell had a "huh?" face on when you spoke to him, and that was before you called him "P."

You have an OK voice and not much stage presence. Hard work could make you a better performer. So could a good dose of humility.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1

Ugh! Another week of mini-me Gwen to slaughter another song. Yes Adam is thankful for the royalties, but you could see that frozen smile on his face waiting for that performance to end. I can only imagine if the first four contestants to be called safe ended up being the final four. Amy (the Voice Whisperer), Braiden (Ain't No Sunshine Till He's Gone), Zach (the pelvic thrust), and Jordan.

It was obvious Evan had no chance of winning, but neither does Korin (sp). I thought both group performances were just plain awful. I know it's subjective, but each group either picked the wrong song or their voices just didn't mesh. Nevertheless, come on season ten. 

Let's see Korin go for the Insta-save three peat against Shelby next week.

Everything seems relatively settled at the moment. Jordan, Amy and probably Emily Ann are mortal locks for the final. Nothing short of an act of god will prevent Jordan and Amy getting there and Emily Ann seems a pretty safe bet at this stage too. Korin or Shelby will be gone next week. Then Zach, Barrett, the winner of Korin/Shelby's sing off are almost sure to get culled during the 9-4 week. I think the only suspense we really have left is whether Madi, Jeffery or Braiden will end up grabbing that final finale slot.

Did anyone else think the weak link in the Team Adam performance of "Wouldn't it be Nice" was...Adam? He sounded really bad to me, especially his first line.

Yeah, something was weird about his voice, he totally changed it...I don't know, like he wanted to make it sound lower or something...I can't explain it but it sounded like a made up voice.

There was one spot also where I thought it was too low for Shelby. But Jordan nailed it.

• Love 3

I think the only suspense we really have left is whether Madi, Jeffery or Braiden will end up grabbing that final finale slot.

I know folks say this stuff a LOT, but if Braiden is in the final four I will absolutely stop watching this show.  And I mean forever.

• Love 2

I know folks say this stuff a LOT, but if Braiden is in the final four I will absolutely stop watching this show.  And I mean forever.

Sorry to say, but it could be coming. This is another sign that The Voice and American Idol have kind of merged into the same show. Idol has a history of these cute, inoffensive boys with minimal singing ability who last longer than they should because American can't get over how sweet and darling they are.

I hoped against hope that it would be Braiden and Barrett in the bottom two. I guess there's no crime against a song that Barrett can commit that will get him off this show.

I don't like either mini Gwen or Evan but goodness I wanted Korin to be eliminated because I want her to go back to her own self. Not this weird Gwen clone.

I find it actually painful to look at Korin.

Hasn't it been pretty much established that the person who sings last always gets the Twitter save? I think it's about 90% of the time. So by choosing the order, TPTB can save the one they want.

Edited by bluepiano

Hasn't it been pretty much established that the person who sings last always gets the Twitter save? I think it's about 90% of the time. So by choosing the order, TPTB can save the one they want.

They always sing in coach order, left to right.  So, Blake's contestants sing before Pharrell's who sing before Gwen's who sing before Adam's.  So, the only decisions come when there's more than one person from the same team.

Edited by smlait
  • Love 1

I agree, Adam was the weakest in his group. Jordan could probably go on stage with the Beach Boys and improve their current singing.

Korin is such a non-entity and has such a non-powerful voice, I don't understand why she gets saved.

That was rather cruel what was done to Shelby, though having her been chosen probably made up for the emotional rollercoaster.

Jeffrey sounded the best in the team sing.

• Love 1

Barrett is still there. Unbelievable.

Less amazingly, but close: Braiden and Korin are still there. I predict Korin's days are numbered, but who can tell? I hate what Gwen's done to her look and it seems to have sucked the personality right out of her.

I'm not really sure what to say about much of anything else.

Go, Amy!

• Love 1

That was rather cruel what was done to Shelby, though having her been chosen probably made up for the emotional rollercoaster.

I was thinking that was really mean. I feel like the host should have just kept going since she was saved in that group anyway.

Korin is such a non-entity and has such a non-powerful voice, I don't understand why she gets saved.

I'm not a voter, but if I was, I would vote to save her because I think so much of what we see seems more "Gwen" than "Korin." (Glad her pony tail wasn't dyed at the ends!  agh!)  I may be wrong, and she may be loving the new look/sound, but I kind of wonder where she'd be if she was still in charge of her own look and songs.  Maybe she is.  I really liked her during the blinds. "You're so cool!" "No, I'm not!"  Yeah, you really are, sweet girl.  But I agree, she's not around much longer.

Yeah, something was weird about his voice, he totally changed it...I don't know, like he wanted to make it sound lower or something...I can't explain it but it sounded like a made up voice.

There was one spot also where I thought it was too low for Shelby. But Jordan nailed it.

I thought it was in the wrong key for everyone in the group.

Who the heck is voting for Brady Sunshine? His "True" was so very bad.

I would have been happy with both going home (taking Braiden with them), but based strictly on their save performances, I liked Korin’s better and would have voted for her to stay had I bothered to watch it live. Evan does have a good voice, but he’s so robotic and detached in his delivery that he puts me to sleep. His dated overdone song choices don’t help. Korin at least puts some emotion and feeling into her performances and this time her vocals weren't bad. Also, like Adam, I found it kind of interesting to hear that song done by a female vocalist.

If Braiden makes the final over Madi or Jeffery, I also really will stop watching this show.  I've already pretty much stopped watching it live and that would be the final nail in the coffin.

• Love 1

Did anyone else think the weak link in the Team Adam performance of "Wouldn't it be Nice" was...Adam? He sounded really bad to me, especially his first line.

Yes and I am a generally of fan of his music.  And it looked like he knew it.

Yes and I am a generally of fan of his music.  And it looked like he knew it.

Me too and agreed on all counts.  It sounded like something was off from the start, as though they somehow managed to choose a key for the song (it didn't sound like the original key, but I can't quite hear the original well enough in my head to be sure) that was wrong for all four singers.  I read elsewhere that Adam had a mild cold, so that wouldn't have helped, either.  He's hit notes that high using chest voice or his very frequent mixed voice in many songs on The Voice, though - "Somebody That I Used To Know" and his "blind audition" performance of "Tiny Dancer" come to mind immediately - so I'm not sure what the issue was.  Too bad as I generally enjoy his group performances and duets a lot, but this one was not good. 

No real surprises in the results as long as my assumption is correct that the order of Carson's announcements bears no relationship to the vote totals.  I thought Evan's save song was well-done, but I thought Korin did a better job with "She Will Be Loved," which incidentally is a beautiful song and really matched her voice well.  It was nice when Adam told her that he had never heard a female cover of that tune and thanked her for it; Korin's reaction was sweet. 

Maybe Pharrell can stop Face Timing and getting hit with spatulas long enough to focus on his sole remaining artist. 

I thought Korin did a better job with "She Will Be Loved," which incidentally is a beautiful song and really matched her voice well.  It was nice when Adam told her that he had never heard a female cover of that tune and thanked her for it; Korin's reaction was sweet.

I enjoyed Korin's performance.  Carson seemed especially nice to Korin, as if he knows she is terrified.  I like Carson.

Jordan, Amy and probably Emily Ann are mortal locks for the final.

I think only Jordan is a lock for the final.  Unfortunately, it also looks like he is headed for a pretty definitive win.  (I suppose I won't mind too much if he wins, but it will be pretty boring if he does.)

• Love 1