Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E25: Meeting Mr. Pony

• Start Topic

Wow. I had two of the outfits worn by the ladies in this episode - the outfit Ohn-drea's wearing in the first picture and Brenda's daisy dress. I also had a shirt with daisies around the collar like Donna's but the daisies were yellow and not white.

And I don't even really like daisies...

"And then this girl totally messed up my concentration by screaming, I think her name is Kendra?"

You know they're probably thinking "Dammit, does SOMETHING happen to that clique EVERY. DAMN. WEEK?"

We're no experts, but is this side-by-side wing chair configuration at all conducive to the therapeutic process?

About as conductive as having a therapist throwing off some minor BitchFace...

Thank God, Bulldog Brenda's not having it.

Wow, Shannon's eyes really look...misaligned here.

Why is Brandon wearing what looks like a nurses outfit in that last pic? It makes his inappropriate beside manner even more inappropriate...

• Love 1

Pasty Jason Segel! Thank you. In each subsequent picture I was like "who is this guy why does he look so familiar".

I remember really liking this episode as a teen, and I sitll think Shannen was pretty good in it. I've always thought she was a decent cryer (crier?). I remember actually feeling something when she's sobbing in Jim's arms (the only time he was all that nice to her) after Dylan dumps her for Kelly.

Oh god you guys, we are getting so close to the Triangle of Drama and I cannot waaaaait!

• Love 2

Wow. I had two of the outfits worn by the ladies in this episode - the outfit Ohn-drea's wearing in the first picture and Brenda's daisy dress. I also had a shirt with daisies around the collar like Donna's but the daisies were yellow and not white.

And I don't even really like daisies...

Heee! I had that dress too! Brenda's I mean. Though I'm sure the one Ohn-drea has isn't far off from some of my other stuff. I only remember the Brenda daisy dress because I'm wearing it in pictures I was recently looking at. I actually think it's still kinda cute? I could be wrong here. 

Shannon really was one of the better actors on the show. I'm not saying she's brilliant or anything, but she can hit the beats in a story. An episode like this shows why (if the rumors are to be believed) the writers liked her so much. They really could give her stuff (stuff!) to do without it becoming a shit show.

On a side note and this may just be wish fulfillment for me, but the writers really flirted with a Steve/Andrea romance for the longest time. Rewatching has reminded me of how many throw away S&A moments, like her coming back for Steve's cliff notes, there are. They have this way of writing them like they're almost dating or secretly dating or something. *sigh* Such a wasted opportunity. S&A would have been so much more interesting to watch than Andrea pinning over Brandon and Steve pinning over Kelly.

• Love 2

I finally got the podcast to load on Firefox...not sure what is up but it says not found when I go to this page on Chrome.

"Mr. Pony" was Graham, Jessie's 'go home, plastic foam' buddy on the Skip Day episode of 'Saved By the Bell'....he was way over the top there too.

I'm going to go unpopular opinion here: I don't think Andrea's outfit at the Pitt is that bad. Don't get me wrong, it's hideous, but at least in that screenshot with her hair in a ponytail and wearing a dress that isn't adding 25 pounds to her frame, she looks sort of young-ish? Like she might be in grad school instead of entering a retirement home?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'm going to go unpopular opinion here: I don't think Andrea's outfit at the Pitt is that bad. Don't get me wrong, it's hideous, but at least in that screenshot with her hair in a ponytail and wearing a dress that isn't adding 25 pounds to her frame, she looks sort of young-ish? Like she might be in grad school instead of entering a retirement home?

I agree! She actually looks cute.

And the first thing I thought when Andrea came back, before the robber even showed up, was that Brandon should have locked the GD door. This is LA, not Mayberry, dammit!

• Love 2

So, this is the first episode of 90210 I've watched in awhile where I didn't have to keep pausing in order to bang my head on the desk! They really can do a good episode when they try. Brandon was still an ass, and so was Jim, ffs, but it didn't dwell on them, and moved along nicely. Shannen is a better actress than most people give her credit for. Hopefully her days of being disruptive on set are behind her; she's got a couple of movies coming up that look pretty good.

Team green!

On an especially geeky note, I recognized our robber from a movie featured on Mystery Science Theater 3000, The Quest of the Delta Knights (season 9 episode 13), where he played Leonardo Da Vinci (seriously).

Edited by Hollyhox
  • Love 1

THANK YOU for acknowledging that everyone is expecting Brenda to be over this in a matter of like 2 days. Maybe if Brenda had started off by calling the Rap Line, things would've turned out differently...

Think about days and stuff in this show does make one go crazy. It's like comic books, you try to not think about time and continuity otherwise it will be nitpicking galore.

• Love 1

Not gonna lie but I would do what Brandon and Dylan did with kicking a can around. Though I would have locked the door first, so whatever there.

Donna saying that she wishes she can go see a shrink cause Donna. Though we do get super short shorts Donna next episode.

David has done like jack all the past 3 episodes. Lame. 

Edited by SoupThrower

Why, when he attempts to comfort her, does Brandon grab Brenda around the waist like he's either trying to tickle her or heave her across the counter? Wouldn't the natural interaction be to place your hands on her shoulders? Seriously, who does that?

"Ooh. My sister is in obvious distress. Now's my chance to grab some sideboob!"

So weird.

• Love 3

On a side note and this may just be wish fulfillment for me, but the writers really flirted with a Steve/Andrea romance for the longest time. Rewatching has reminded me of how many throw away S&A moments, like her coming back for Steve's cliff notes, there are. They have this way of writing them like they're almost dating or secretly dating or something. *sigh* Such a wasted opportunity. S&A would have been so much more interesting to watch than Andrea pinning over Brandon and Steve pinning over Kelly.

I completely agree with this. My personal fanwank is that Steve would have dated Andrea if she wasn't so obviously into Brandon. He even makes comments here and there like, "she's totally in love with you." In the version in my head, Steve's into Andrea and annoyed that she lusts for that tiny weasel. I also read his feelings for Kelly as less that he's still in love with her and more that she's the one person he has really shared his feelings and insecurities with, and he feels strongly connected to her. Not saying it's healthy. Or that I haven't overthought this to an unhealthy level. 

• Love 1

I'm not a psychiatrist or a psychologist or anything, but is it really PTSD if you're still upset about something that is totally reasonable to be upset about *two days later*?

Re. TeamGreen - Brenda will wear an exact copy of this outfit but in red in a couple of episodes (I think maybe she wears it to/from Mexico?), so you'll be able to decide then if the problem is the colour or the stripes. Yeah, I can't remember my kids' birthdays sometimes, but I remember the two versions of that outfit. Thanks brain. 

• Love 2

...I've been lurking too long and must join the fray. Especially in time for the Color Me Badd-orama + short-shorts-extravaganza! Hi everyone!

Though of course the 2-days-you-have-PTSD! diagnosis is suspect, I do appreciate that this show brings in PTSD via this kind of experience, as television almost invariably associates it with soldiers. From my reading (not an expert!) my understanding is that large groups of sufferers come from survivors of sexual assaults and violent crime. 

Also, Shannon Doherty nailed it. 

And I thought it was nice that Andrea knew that Brenda wasn't doing so well (Rap Line! We obliquely see you again!), even if psychiatric stories are always way over-simplified on television. And Donna? Wanting to have more problems? Just you wait... Your drastically morphing look in the coming years might be indicative of some... "stuff". Though I like the idea of Felice putting the kibosh on psychiatry sessions, and imagine that having to come up with a "real problem" for Felice would be terrifying. "Mum... I'm kinda repressing all my problems out of fear of your judgement."

I'm surprisingly neutral on the green-on-Brenda question (though... I'd still wear that top myself) though I LOVE the upcoming version of that look in red. (And this as someone with very similar colouring to SD, who has recently shifted allegiances from red to green in my own wardrobe after a lifetime of buying everything in red. ... now I'm buying in multiple colours.) 

Edited by kite-wombat
  • Love 3

Shannon nailed it. She's easily the best actor in the "gang" although Jennie Garth is solid as well.

I liked the green stripes on her, thought that was a cute look. Shannon has the classic Black Irish look--dark hair with pail skin and high coloring. She should be wearing more jewel tones like the green to set off her skin.

I thought Pasty Segel had some interesting verbiage--"pays you a compliment" I thought was oddly prim, formal language for a strung out junkie. And as someone who was also the victim of a violent crime I thought that Dylan and Brandon's reactions were a little too muted. My experience wasn't nearly as violent as Brenda's (briefly, a strange guy pulled a knife on me and tried to drag me into a stairwell, I fought him off) but nonetheless every man in my life was openly horrified. My ex-boyfriend five states away was ready to fly up and hunt the guy down. I would've thought Dylan would've been more angry--the guy stuck a huge GUN in her FACE, dude!--and Brendan more guilt-stricken. That chagrined "I guess we weren't much help..." was weaksauce.