Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 9/15/2017 at 11:01 PM, ByaNose said:

KKL did an awesome job today. It was pure soap & dragged out. LOL!!!! All the while while wearing an sheer illusion bathing suit. She looks amazing for 56. 

Correction - she looks amazing. Period. 

Other random thoughts -

Interesting how a Liam that shows some shades of $ Bill is no longer attractive to Fauxdi and how she's been too busy hugging and hanging on her father-in-law to comfort her clocked in the head husband. 

Speaking of, that punch was something...and Bill is one cold motherfucker. 

I don't know if Bill is playing Steffy or realizing he can finally scatch that nasty rash of an itch he's been carrying around for years and fuck his daughter-in-law.

Why he would want to trade Fool's Gold Cooter for the real thing is beyond me. 

Ugh to Brooke running back to Rumple. I may hate $ Bill with the all the fires of hell right now but I still don't want GarBridge. 

I know PF is leaving but that miracle cure and dumping Sally via cellphone was just the worst.

Since Tally is over - for now - I could absolutely get on board the Lally train. 

A very Shelia-light week and that is giphy.gif with me.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Brooke had me until she ran back into Ridge's arms.

He cheated on you with Quinn hours before you were to be married and was still going to marry you even though he was in love with Quinn!

And while I appreciate Brooke being appalled by what Bill did, it feels a bit anti-climactic given she's accepted his repugnant treatment of her own daughter and sister with nary a side eye but hitting Liam and hiring an arsonist she goes from zero to unforgivable. Brill's imploding way too quickly.  She needed to learn about the Caroline lie first and be thrown and then about his first threat to Liam and be concerned and cautioning Bill about his behavior and THEN when the arson happens that be the third strike and she calls for a time out. 

This show is lousy with pacing even as it's great with the money scenes.

VWS!   Brooke's rage is awesome and I applaud KKL, who knocked it out of the park.  However, like others, I have to give Brooke the side eye because she is well aware of some truly atrocious behavior on Bill's part toward Hope and she not only forgave him for it, but she went out of her way to ensure that he stayed married to Katie.  What "image" of Bill is she talking about?  Of course, crying on Ridge's shoulder isn't earning her any points either and that's what's killing any sympathy that people could have had for the character.  It's the same old-same old after 30 fucking years.  

And, I'm sorry, but what commitment and good life did Brooke give up to be with Bill?  Did she forget that she and Bill have been doing this back and forth for FIVE YEARS and that when it started, she HAD NO LIFE because her "destiny" dumped her on their honeymoon over a fucking text?  Did she forget that quickly that she was going to marry BILL until she once again allowed that rancid motherfucker, Ridge, into her personal space on what was supposed to be her and Bill's wedding day?  That she allowed Ridge and their slouchy and decidedly unattractive brat to manipulate her into yet another reunion with his sorry ass?  That she looked doomed the entire time she and Ridge were engaged and made it obvious that she was only doing it to give their son an intact family?  That she didn't decide that "enough was enough" until she spied Ridge kissing Quinn?!  That he had so little regard for her that he expected her to still go through with the wedding the following day?  That's why she walked away from Ridge after realizing that rancid  motherfucker will NEVER CHANGE.  I'm sorry, La Spencer, but Bill had absolutely nothing to do with those revelations. 

I don't know of anyone who is excited about the crap the writers are telegraphing with GarBridge.  In a certain sense I understand Brooke's concerns about violence.  I vaguely recall that she went running after Nick when Ridge hit Rick.  But, oh wait...she forgave that, along with some other appalling behavior by Ridge and his rape-facilitating mama, whom she ironically claimed was her "best friend."

The pacing is off because once again, the writers are trying to do too much.  I won't even touch on yet a THIRD catfight between Quinn and Sheila.

• Love 5

I'm wondering what would happen if you say Shelia's name 3 times.  Saying it once is bad enough. Does anyone else give ??about Shelia.  Quinn is beautiful, but a mad Quinn is even more beautiful. 

Steffy is willing to stand more by Bill, under the guise of family, than Brooke who is married to Bill. Proving , once again, with all her failings, Brooke has more scruples than Steffy.  "Enough is Enough". 

• Love 8

Psst Show -- over here.  Just a few thoughts from a loyal long time viewer. Listen up.

1)  No More GarBridge. EVER.  They are done. Over. Finished. Past the sell by date.  Not to mention TK and KKL have absolutely Zip Zero Nada chemistry. Do not get Slouchy involved in wanting his family back together.  It is stupid and makes him look like he's 5, wanting Mommy and Daddy back together.  TK needs to stop his everlasting pursuit of his "Logan"  He doesn't really want her -- he just doesn't want anyone else to have her.  Especially $Bill.  Sludge -- listen, couples fight. Sometimes those fights are epic.  Sometime the fight breaks them up. Sometimes they get over it.  It is none of your effing biz why Brooke is furious and hurt at Bill.  Stay out of it. Jeez Sludge you're getting as Nosy McNoserson as Lemonheads Katie.

2)  Seriously Show -- of all the places Brooke would go to get away from Bill she went to FC?  Are you kidding me!!  How contrived can you get.  Have her go to her house.  At least wait a day or 2 before Sludge starts up his Campaign of Destiny

2)  Stop with the ridiculous Queila catfights.  Once was enough.  Neither of these characters would resort to catfighting every time they meet.  They are way more devious.  If Shelia is going to plot then show us.  I realize her talking to her portrait and sniffing Eric's robe indicates how nuts she is, but we got that already.  Now let's see that crazy in action.  Quinn is angry, but Quinn also gets even. Show us her plan to take Shelia down.  Throwing a cereal box at her ain't it.

3)  I'd like Charlie so much better if he would redeem himself by spilling all to Quinn and became a double agent to help Quinn take Shelia down.  Charlie might not think Quinn is right for Eric, but he damn sure knows Shelia is BSC, not to mention dangerous.

4)  Fauxdi needs to buy a clue and realize that pushing Liam to forgive and forget $Holla is ticking Liam off big time.  If Liam (who never gets angry) flares up and tells you to stop it -- then you probably ought to listen. 

Edited by La di Diva
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

And while I appreciate Brooke being appalled by what Bill did, it feels a bit anti-climactic given she's accepted his repugnant treatment of her own daughter and sister with nary a side eye but hitting Liam and hiring an arsonist she goes from zero to unforgivable.

Don't forget Bill throwing Maya and Rick's business out there when all of her history became known.

The Hope stuff is a big part of why I've never fully invested in Brill, because my God. Brooke had to get pregnant by Ridge and "steal" Eric in the sane calendar year to get the level of loathing Bill threw at Hope for...literally nothing. She wanted to wait for sex and Liam was thinking with his dick. Oh the fucking horror. ?? Yet for all the shady crap he's pulled that she's aware of--the sketch way he got control of FC, nearly killing Amber, the years long torment of her daughter and his emotional affair with Steffy the first fucking time--THIS is the line in the sand?!

3 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

don't know of anyone who is excited about the crap the writers are telegraphing with GarBridge.  In a certain sense I understand Brooke's concerns about violence.  I vaguely recall that she went running after Nick when Ridge hit Rick.

I was gonna comment on this. If I remember correctly, Brooke was already waffling in the first, last and only time she ever was Ridge's main priority. The Rick punch was a convenient excuse to run after Nick after he'd finally moved on, and using her body quite literally to woo him back. Ridge rightfully had a scene in which he called her out on the speed in which she went running back to Nick (like, she didnt even change her damn clothes from the 24 hour flight).

It goes without saying that two wrongs don't make a right. Bill is who he is, but at least he owns it (most of the time). Ridge is a middle age manchild who hasn't changed one iota from the jackass who got engaged to Caroline I to stick it to Bill Sr.

I'm reminded of that South Park episode where Satan is deciding between his ex Saddam Hussain  (lol!) Who had the sensitivity of a car bomb and a crunchy hippie do-gooder that Liam would call whipped. Satan goes to God (!!!) for advice, and he tells him, "Um, maybe try neither? Neither is good."

I assume KKL must truly love her craft and her fans to stick around for this stuff.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Don't forget Bill throwing Maya and Rick's business out there when all of her history became known.

I assume KKL must truly love her craft and her fans to stick around for this stuff.

Eh, I hate Rick and Maya so much that I wasn't too upset when Bill gave them grief. They deserved to get served some poop pie after their stunts, but no, Bill shouldn't have used her sexual identity as the weapon.  

KKL is the last original leading lady of the show which commands her money, flexible scheduling, and keeping her SAG benefits. When the caftan business starts raking it in for her to keep herself living in high style, she may then let the show go. She can still do the fan events when she wants ;)

I do find it hilarious that it's Steffy, not Brooke, trying to act as the uniter of the Spencer clan when that honor should be the matriarch- Karen or Brooke as Bill's wife.

I really would love to learn more about Bill's story pre his debut on the show.  It would be a hoot if Bill was actually just like doofy hippy Liam when he was younger but was either spurned by a woman because he wasn't a 'real man' or rejected by a captain of industry who he admired. $Bill seems like a carefully cultivated epitome of the perfect man's man like he's overcompensating for something. It wouldn't surprise me that everything that $Bill scoffs and loathes in Liam, he actually admires but also resents since he stamped that out of himself and that unlike his son he didn't have the strength stay true to himself. His wanting to decimate Liam is really his self-loathing of seeing what he once was (weak) and seeing that it not only wasn't weak, but has a strength all it's own.

Or I'm giving this too much thought. But it is fun to speculate!

• Love 4

Steffy needs to butt out or do like Brooke and just walk away. Her constant one-note nagging and harping is getting tiresome, so imagine how Lame feels. I still can't figure out what's motivating her. I know there are many reasons but today I saw that the sooner the fences were mended, Bill would get back behind his own desk and hand Liam's balls back to Steffy.

I was bitterly disappointed that Brooke turned to Sludge for consolation. I mean, I realize that he wasn't present when she collapsed in tears but why else would she go to FC? I could think of a dozen places for her to go instead of to Ridge. I guess it would be too much of risk to drop in on Katie and risk getting yet another shock of running into Wyatt. (Plus the awkwardness of his questions about what's going on.) She could put aside her feelings for Quinn and go to Eric. I am sure that Quinn is savvy and sensitive enough that she would have quietly made herself scare and let Brooke cry on Eric's shoulder. Go to off-screen Donna's house. ANYWHERE BUT TO RIDGE!!

I don't get it either. If you want to back track, really, Brooke should want to have nothing to do with Bill after the way he treated Hope and Katie.

If the writers can't come up with anything more substantive for KB than to have her engage in daily cat fights, maybe it is time to rethink the stunt casting ???? Ya think?

Edited by grisgris
Uh, a negative contraction would make more sense in the last statement.
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, grisgris said:

Steffy needs to butt out or do like Brooke and just walk away. Her constant one-note nagging and harping is getting tiresome, so imagine how Lame feels. I still can't figure out what's motivating her. I know there are many reasons but today I saw that the sooner the fences were mended, Bill would get back behind his own desk and hand Liam's balls back to Steffy.

I was bitterly disappointed that Brooke turned to Sludge for consolation. I mean, I realize that he wasn't present when she collapsed in tears but why else would she go to FC? I could think of a dozen places for her to go instead of to Ridge. I guess it would be too much of risk to drop in on Katie and risk getting yet another shock of running into Wyatt. (Plus the awkwardness of his questions about what's going on.) She could put aside her feelings for Quinn and go to Eric. I am sure that Quinn is savvy and sensitive enough that she would have quietly made herself scare and let Brooke cry on Eric's shoulder. Go to off-screen Donna's house. ANYWHERE BUT TO RIDGE!!

I don't get it either. If you want to back track, really, Brooke should want to have nothing to do with Bill after the way he treated Hope and Katie.

If the writers can come up with anything more substantive for KB than to have her engage in daily cat fights, maybe it is time to rethink the stunt casting ???? Ya think?

Brad Bell reminds me of the owner of my Washington, D.C. football team:  he would rather be miserable and make the fans miserable because of his piss-poor decision making rather than be right.

With a stroke of Bradley's plot-driven pen, Brooke and Bill's reunion has been reduced to a rebound if-you-can't-be-with-the-one-you-love-love-the-one-you're-with debacle.  Nothing can be further from the truth.  I mentioned upthread that Brooke HAD NO LIFE after she returned from the States because her huzzzbend dumped her on their honeymoon.  He couldn't even be bothered to bring his raggedy ass back home when his mother was ill and dying.  That's why Brooke all but admitted that Bill and Will gave her a reason to live and to get out of bed in the morning.  I am also reminded that Brooke HAD NO LIFE when she returned from Milan after pushing Batie together.  That's why the job offer at SP was made and Bill railed at her for shutting herself away in her house from everyone as some kind of self-induced punishment and relying on booze.  We heard Brooke tell Bill that he was like an addiction--like the booze--which was why she could not accept that offer.  We also heard Brooke tell Bill that HE was the love of her life.  Now, call me crazy, but Ridge was a non-motherfucking factor in Brooke's statements to Bill and her motivations.  In fact, Ridge was busy with his child bride, Caroline.

The writers also want the audience to forget that Brooke's decision to finally dump Ridge was because of the culmination of 30 years worth of heartache and bullshit.  We're also supposed to forget that Ridge sexually assaulted Brooke in her own bed while she was zonked out on antidepressants and she FORGAVE him immediately, rubbing his granite jaw as if he was the victim.  Don't even get me started on the reason that happened:  Ridge couldn't stand it that Brooke rejected him and moved on with Nick and had to "seal the deal" at Massimo's direction.

So, I'm sorry, but I have no idea what that bullshit was I saw yesterday.  It totally took me out of the story that should have been told.  Brooke had every reason and right to drag Bill's lying ass and to read him for filth.  Had Brooke limited her outrage to Bill's criminal actions, her shock, hurt and disappointment that the man she lay next to every night evidently loved a fucking building that had yet to be built more than her, that would have made perfect sense.  Had she laid into him for concealing this mess from her and looking her in the eye every damn day and effectively lying to her--while confiding in his slattern-in-law, that would also be understandable.  Not to mention the crush to her ego when Bill lied to her face about the real reason he was taking a leave of absence, i.e. to spend more time with her.  Don't even get me started on Bill's tacit admission that had he not been blackmailed he probably wouldn't have said jack shit to her.  That's what yesterday should have been about, not some ridiculous attempt by the writers to make another end run around Brill just to regurgitate GarBridge.  Since the writers made such a big deal about Brooke's struggle with alcohol, it would have made more sense for her to either go to her house and debate whether to pick up that bottle or to call one of her sisters.

And, what's with the constant catfights between two mentally disturbed women?  Has the show been reduced to the Real Housewives of the Asylum?  If this type of shock-and-awe writing is all that Bradley and his team of hacks can come up with, it's past time to pull the plug on the "summer of Sheila," have Quidge fuck like minks and let the fallout begin around that.  That's where several of us thought that was the direction this storyline was headed in.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, La di Diva said:

Throwing a cereal box at her ain't it.

A cereal box, really?  What's next, are they going to smash pies in each other's faces?

14 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Yet for all the shady crap he's pulled that she's aware of--the sketch way he got control of FC, nearly killing Amber, the years long torment of her daughter and his emotional affair with Steffy the first fucking time--THIS is the line in the sand?!

Did Brooke know about that?  I know Steffy did, since she's the one who stopped him, and I thought I remember she somehow managed to keep her huge mouth shut.

13 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

KKL is the last original leading lady of the show which commands her money, flexible scheduling, and keeping her SAG benefits. When the caftan business starts raking it in for her to keep herself living in high style, she may then let the show go. She can still do the fan events when she wants ;)

She said in an interview a few years ago that it's steady work, she doesn't have a bad commute to the studio, and she likes her co-workers so she'll keep doing this as long as they'll have her.

• Love 5

Recap for Mon. 9/18/17:

We open at SP where Fauxdi is grilling Liam regarding his blackmailing of Bill, whining about how she married "Mr. Nice Guy" and doesn't want him to go away. See, I would have thought him getting down and dirty would have flicked her Bic, but apparently, only $ Bill can do that. 

Liam: "My father doesn't deserve to sit in the CEO chair and I'm not giving it back to him." 

He insists someone needs to stand up to his father while Steffy snots about him caring more about Sally than his relationship with his father.

What relationship, Steffy? He PUNCHED him, knocking him soundly to the floor and he very narrowly missed clocking his head on the desk. If there is a relationship to be salvaged, it's on Bill to mend fences. Not Liam. And certainly not you.

You can see the wheels start to slowly come to life in Liam's head, a look of digust on his face as she continues to campaign for her father-in-law instead of supporting her husband. And notice the loathing expression on her face (I know, it's hard to see any sort of expression) as she looks at him.

Liam: "Don't plead his case...I don't want to hear it and I'm not interested in pursuing peace."

Liam-Steffy-sky-BB-HW.jpg

Thatta boy, Liam - keep your newly-found balls firmly in your grasp.

We cut to Sheila's hotel room where she's staring at a photo she took when she trapped Ridge and Quinn in the FC elevator. 

I could not care less.

Over at FC, Quinn and Ridge are in the CEO office.

Quinn: "I'm relieved that Sheila is finally out of our lives." Yeah, I wouldn't count on it. She's like a cockroach.

They discuss the fact that Eric forgave her but Brooke is still with Bill. 

Quinn insists it's only a matter of time before Bill does something to screw up the relationship. He already has and isn't it interesting how the tables have turned and now it's Ridge waiting for that screw up just as Bill waited for Ridge to foul up once again not so long ago.

Quinn-tells-Ridge-about-Sheila-BB-HW.jpg

Quinn tells Ridge not to give up on a future with Ridge, saying "Brooke will find her way back to you" and moves to hug him. Shut up, Quinn! The last thing we need is another go-round on the GarBridge train.

Later, Charlie tells Quinn that Sheila is still in town and she gets him to text her the address and immediately makes a beeline for the hotel.

Catfight #3 coming right up, including hair pulling.

Sheila-on-top-of-Quinn-BB-HW.jpg

Quinn spits this out before she leaves: "You will never, ever, have Eric."

Sheila: "You haven't even seen my best...but you definitely willl."

I'm channeling Lindsey Lohan channeling Liz Taylor right about now.

giphy.gif

What is not boring is this little gem of a video that I found while writing this recap. Now, here's a fight worth watching:

Bonus: You can also turn it into a drinking game. Every time Ridge says "Rick!" bottoms up!

Finally, we get to the real action, as we cut to Bill and Brooke's bedroom where Brooke is halfway out the door and Bill is still clearly trying to plead with her to stay.

Brooke looks at him in disgust: "You wanted your damn skyscraper so badly, you had somebody set fire to Spectra and then you punched your own son-"

Bill interjects: "I regret it, I told you, I regret all of it."

Brooke whispers: "You regret getting caught." She is 100% right about that.

She turns to go and I don't care for him yanking her back into the room. 

Bill: "I regret that it might cost me my son...but not you. Please, Brooke...tell me I still have you."

Brooke just stares at him like she doesn't even know who he is anymore.

He then strong arms her into the bedroom and slams the door behind them and not okay, Bill. Not fucking okay.

Bill: "I'm not letting you leave! I'm gonna make this right."

A stunned Brooke lets the clothes she'd been carrying fall to the bed in disbelief, gasping for air as she says "It's too much...what have I done? WHAT HAVE I DONE???" She turns to face him. "I didn't want this, Bill. I didn't want this kind of life, the way that you live, the way that you treat people. NO regard for others. NO CONSEQUENCES! This is not ME and I cannot continue to live this way!"

18.09.2017+%25283%2529.png

Of course, I'm asking as I'm sure we all are - why is this the straw that broke the camel's back? She handwaves the Hope machinations and the attacks on Rick and Maya, but suddenly, this is her line in the sand? Maybe it's the fact that she married him. Or maybe it's the fact that while despicable, none of his previous actions were criminal and now we're talking arson and that his reaction to be outed for said arson is to double down and commit assault and battery on his own flesh and blood. 

Brooke: "Do you know what I gave up for you, Bill?" A lying, cheating, emotionally bankrupt asshole? 

Bill scoffs: "'Gave up?' What are you talking about?"

Brooke: "I had a whole life planned and I tossed it all aside to make a commitment to you." No, no, NO to this revisionist history bullshit. We all know what went down and why Brooke finally pulled the plug on GarBridge. 

Bill: "Yes, a commitment, Brooke, because you love me."

Brooke: "I love the idea of you.  I love the fantasy of you, the big strong man standing by my side, loving me, thinking about our future, focusing on us. Us together and I won't have to worry about these divided loyalties."

Bill explodes and now is not the time for anger, Bill: "You don't! Not with me!"

Brooke is in tears now: "Now, I just have to worry if you're going to end up in jail or who you might punch!"

Bill screams out: "I said that I regretted it. I'm sorry, what do you want me to say?"

We are way beyond "regrets" and "I'm sorry" now. 

Brooke screams back: "If you can hit your own son, how do I know you're not gonna hit me NEXT?"

That stings but the remark is well-deserved and it's a very valid question.

Bill: "What? What are you saying?" The obvious. "That's ridiculous. You know it's ridiculous!"She turns away. "I would never - stop it, Brooke, stop this!" She turns back to face him. 

Brooke, talking more to herself than to him, "Yeah...maybe I should...stop this." She nods, the tears flowing, then looks up at him. "Stop us."

18.09.2017+%25289%2529.png

Bill stares at her in disbelief and his voice is quieter now. "I know you don't mean that. We fought way too hard to get here."

18.09.2017+%252812%2529.png

Brooke, sadly, "To get where, Bill? Where have I gotten?" She picks up a photo of the two of them, from their wedding day. "A marriage to a man with no moral code." She points to the man in the picture. "This man who has NO qualms about lying to his wife."

Brooke.thumb.jpg.0bb953991fd31374ff5bf5174be16d43.jpg

Bill, arms akimbo, "I told you the truth-"

BAM! Brooke smashes the photograph and there isn't a sound in the room save for breaking glass. 

Brooke2.thumb.jpg.c091c4859d39efbe090b5fdbaca0790f.jpg

Bill actually cringes from her.

She wheels around on him: "You didn't! You didn't tell me the truth! You wanted me to believe that you were taking a leave of absence...to spend time with me-"

Bill interrupts: "Because I knew this would be your reaction." Oh, Bill, that is truly sad and pathetic. That would be ANYONE'S reaction.

Brooke erupts, shouting: "I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE ANGRY! I am JUSTIFIED in my anger!" He tries to cut her off again and she refuses, pointing straight at him: "You did something wrong, Bill!"

18.09.2017+%25280%2529.png

Bill sighs, admitting, "Yes." The finger remains pointed at him.

Brooke: "And there are going to be consequences."

18.09.2017+%25285%2529.png

Bill whines: "I've already paid consequences." Boo fucking hoo, Bill! "Look at us! Work! Liam! But I'm gonna right every one of those wrongs." How? "I promise I will." His voice turns pleading now. "Brooke, we are married. We made a commitment. You're supposed to stand by me for better or for worse. We're supposed to stand by each other." Easy for him to say.

18.09.2017+%25282%2529.png

Brooke, her voice soft now, "Unless we weren't supposed to do this in the first place."

Bill: "What? Get married?"

Brooke: "I really need time to think about this."

18.09.2017+%252816%2529.png

She turns to gather her clothes and he grabs her. AGAIN.

18.09.2017+%252817%2529.png

Bill: "Brooke don't do this!" He forces her to face him and she breaks free. It's as ugly a moment as I've ever seen between them. 

Brooke: "I need time..." She holds up her hands, a nonverbal cue not to touch her again.

18.09.2017+%252818%2529.png 

"Time to think about us. Think about who you are as a man and, more importantly, who am I if I stand by you and support your despicable behavior! When is it too much?" Her voice is back to shouting: "Where do I stand up and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" She points at the ground for emphasis. "Damn it, God!" she shrieks, and she's as upset as I've ever seen her.

18.09.2017+%252820%2529.png

18.09.2017+%252821%2529.png

She wrenches her clothes into her arms and heads for the doorway, signaling with her eyes don't you dare fucking try to stop me.

He runs to the open doorway, shouting after her, "Brooke, don't go!"

But she's gone and I can certainly guess where she's going and to whom. 

Bill: "BROOKE!" 

18.09.2017+%252822%2529.png

He should have thought about Brooke before he had SF torched but this is $ Bill Spencer. He acts first and thinks about the consequences later, if ever. And now the chickens are coming home to roost in every possible avenue, business, financial, emotional. 

The epitome of a tragedy, in particular, because he did this. He planned and plotted and schemed and for what?

He had a thriving company, sons he adored, the true love of his life at long last by his side and he threw it away over a building? 

I don't know why I'm so surprised. Maybe surprised isn't the word. Disappointed certainly. Even though this is the same big, bad $ Bill Spencer, I felt like when he waited for Brooke to come back to him and trusted in their love, that he had turned a page, from an emotional growth standpoint.

Not thrown out the entire book, mind you, but there was some growth and now he has shit all over it.

I don't know what seeing his backstory would reveal to explain recent events because even as a very young man, he was a coldhearted bastard - telling a then teenage Quinn to abort their child (Wyatt). Maybe something earlier than that but with the exception of Stephanie's childhood, this show doesn't seem to do backstories well - Quinn's few black and white flashbacks with her mother and her mother's "friends" are a perfect example.

It's just such a shame that after all my years of wishing and hoping and waiting for Brill to finally come to fruition, it's destroyed in a matter of months. For a hunk of metal and smoked glass.

And now, it's opening the door to a possible GarBridge reunion, as we see at the episode's close.

Brooke has fled to FC and flings herself down on a sofa in the empty CEO's office, crying.

As she is sobbing her heart out, we see Ridge elsewhere, and those same three tired old flashbacks of the rose petals/fountain, their engagement last Christmas where he gave her Satanie's fugly ring, and the never needs to see the light of day again, brain bleach inducing montage of them in bed with more rose petals. 

He enters the office a few moments later and wastes no time in pouncing, I mean, asking her "what happened?" But at least we are spared from hearing him call her "Logan." Well, today anyway. She doesn't answer but immediately falls weeping into his arms as if his cheating with Quinn, including kissing her on the beach the day before they were to remarry never happened, like 30 years of heartbreak and torment and pain never happened.

Kill me now...

18.09.2017+%252823%2529.png

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 19

Thanks, @CountryGirl, for helping me see even more why I'm not currently watching.  The only drama these hacks know is breaking couples up over & over again.  It's beyond tired and has gone straight to coma-inducing.  B&B interns/ lurkers, why are you trolling us????

• Love 6

I am surprised and find it completely OOC for Brooke to give two shits about this.  Perhaps that he LIED to her for that is the biggest sin in Soap land but she would not be this upset.  She would give him a chance to promise never to lie to her again, which he would break as soon as he bones Steffy. This is just weird unless she was looking for a reason to canoodle Ridge and I haven't seen that. Just weird.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Thanks, @CountryGirl, for helping me see even more why I'm not currently watching.  The only drama these hacks know is breaking couples up over & over again.  It's beyond tired and has gone straight to coma-inducing.  B&B interns/ lurkers, why are you trolling us????

Yep. That's pretty much where I am also.  Just stick a fork in me because I am fucking done.  I nearly threw up in my mouth watching Ridge's gone-to-seed girth.  Yes, I'm being petty, I know but there it is.

CountryGirl, did a masterful job in highlighting and summing up the very things that are wrong with this nonsense.  We were on such a high a few months ago.  I can't tell you how disappointed I am that yet another non-GarBridge pairing has been swept into the dustbin of B&B history.  And, I really wish they would quit with the TK-related rose petal flashbacks, which always stop short of the fact that Brooke slapped the cowboy shit out of that clown when he returned.  It's also a shame that those TK-related flashbacks seem to never include his "pome" reading in the park with Katie, GarBridge's aborted wedding and Ridge informing Brooke that "Katie and I are together now."

Brill...destroyed over a fucking Lego set!  

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

I am surprised and find it completely OOC for Brooke to give two shits about this.  Perhaps that he LIED to her for that is the biggest sin in Soap land but she would not be this upset.  

Yeah yeah yeah, you committed arson and endangered the lives of the tenants, the tenants of surrounding properties, bystanders, and the fire department, but you LIED to me about it!!!!!  So it would not be so bad if he just told her immediately??? 

9 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I can't tell you how disappointed I am that yet another non-GarBridge pairing has been swept into the dustbin of B&B history.

And I can tell you what's going to happen...Brooke will get back with Ridge, then 1 maybe 2 months later he does something to piss her off and then...wait for it...they break up!  Such DRAMA!!!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6

That was satisfying; and KKL was magnificent. She and DD seem so real as a married couple. Brooke’s hurt and confusion and disbelief were painful for me to watch. After reading my fellow B&Ber’s comments, it seems I had a slightly different take on the past couple of days.

When Brooke shouted “When is it enough? When do I stand up and say enough is enough?”, I felt she was going all the way back, and was talking about Bill’s treatment of Hope, his disrespect for her and Donna, his dislike of the Forrester’s, bedding Katie to get her to sign the contract. I think it was Brooke acknowledging how she has given Bill a free pass to be an asshole. How she has overlooked and forgiven, and now we come to this, and she just cannot do it anymore. This may be the action that tipped the scale, but I believe it is a culmination of everything Brooke knows and has lived through with Bill. Brooke is being forced to really look at the man she married; a man who adores her, but who will still lie to her face, and will do whatever it takes to get his way. I think she sees herself as being incredibly naïve, and is forcing herself to remove her Bill Blinders, and really look at what type of person Bill is and she doesn’t like what she sees. And I am heartbroken. I also don’t believe Brooke was seeking Ridge out by going to FC’s. Her world had just been rocked, and she was looking for a safe harbor where she could be alone. I don’t believe she wanted to see or talk to anyone.  Her house is full up now with Rick, Maya and the extended family, so she went to her second best safe place. And I was shockingly not put out by the hug between her and Ridge. While I have no desire for any type of Bridge rehash, I have no problem with Ridge being there for Brooke as a friend. She was so low and broken up at that point; I am sure seeing Ridge’s familiar face was a balm to her senses. Now Ridge has to do his part and just be there for her with no questions; just support.

Steffy and Waffle Boy are so gonna implode. Liam is getting ants in his pants about Steffy’s insistence that he make amends with Bill. It would seem Liam has also been wearing blinders where his spouse is concerned and is now seeing her for the cheating, manipulating, hat trick she really is. Girlfriend hasn’t pushed this hard to get her own dad and granddad back on solid ground, but she is acting like the world is coming to an end because Liam is done with Bill. Well, maybe for her it is. No more dual citizenship for Fauxdi. Now she is only a Forrester. OOOPSY! I mean a Marone masquerading as a Forrester.

There was another cat fight between Quinn and Sheila. That makes #3. Just color me dead with enthusiasm.

I thought Brooke arguing with Bill in that incredible purple number was the most erotic thing I have watched since Ripley fought the Alien in her underwear.

• Love 14

Brooke was so so over the top in her behavior and reaction yesterday. The woman who carried on affair with her sister's husband is screaming at him about morals. Then her saying he'd hit her? WTF. She was so insane. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, maisie said:

There was something really creepy about RJ going on about his parent's "crazy chemistry" and seeing his mom in his dad's arms. 

Kid needs to get a life asap.

No, he doesn't.  His useless ass should have died in that nothing burger accident back in July.

Thanks for the lack of subtlety, writers.  When will Bradley & Co. get over their JMW/Stuffy fixation?  She's a waxen faced ball-breaking non-entity at best, whose crimes are still being covered up.  So, yes, I guess we can see where this is going barely 5 seconds after Brooke is out the door.  Stuffy is like the last slippery slag standing after the guy she wants has run out of options.

Meanwhile, the beautiful Ivy is hardly ever seen and there are no other females in Stuffy's demographic other than Sally.  So Stuffy is propped as the femme fatale that every non-related male over 12 is panting for.

• Love 9

So Bill tells Steffy that Liam doesn't deserve her? After "all Liam has put her through", she still tries to help him or some such nonsense. What, exactly, has Liam "put Steffy through?" She forced him to back up the lie about Caroline dying. She's a lying, deceiving trash bag. But Liam has put her through so much?!  Gag.

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Meanwhile, the beautiful Ivy is hardly ever seen and there are no other females in Stuffy's demographic other than Sally.  So Stuffy is propped as the femme fatale that every non-related male over 12 is panting for.

While Ridge has been disowned by Eric and thus the Marrone-Forrester line cut off for now, Steffy is the young female lead of the core family so she's gonna get play over Ivy who is 'merely' the niece. Had Ivy gone supernova then Steffy may have been retired or at least been a rival to Steffy and they both fight over power at Forrester and men. Instead Sally as the young female lead of rival fashion house Spectra, now has that honor.

Ivy is like Oliver, once prominent but they ran out of ideas for her and just let her flounder in the background. This show is notorious for focusing on one story at a time; if you don't like it, you have to wait MONTHS before something else launches and poor pacing for stories than end up in money shot Emmy worthy scenes. Basically they're bad/lazy/rushed about properly building the story because they want to get to the money scenes which they can write the hell out of and who they know the actors can deliver. 

Don Diamont FINALLY is back front and center (much like McCook last year) as Spencer patriarch in a story that is as much about him as it is about Liam. Steffy is in a triangle that is going to make sense in that Liam was the substitute and 'right guy' for her to be with while Bill was THE ONE who got away, who dropped her, who she tried to replace with his sons, and who was 'wrong' in everyone else's eyes. Now those buried feelings are reemerging while she's married to his son. Liam is about to get his heart ripped out by a double betrayal that really will shift his place in the family and relationship with Bill and is a whopping bit of karma for him for waffling in the Triangle of Doom.  The fallout will affect Wyatt as he gains ground in the family, but does he really want it? Brooke will either fight another Stephanie for her man or let Bill go. Ridge vs Bill will be renewed in a big fashion with Ridge wanting to protect his daughter.

And finally we may get Still as a relationship revisited to see if those two crazy kids can make it. If the show is smart they could keep this going for a full year -especiallly if a Still ONS results in Steffy getting pregnant with Bill's kid, but wanting to stay married to Liam because she doesn't want to hurt Liam and wants to stay with the right guy with Bill either making the 'sacrifice' to protect his son or being the selfish ass he's always been and not caring what he's done to his son and wanting Steffy and their child. If/when the paternity of Steffy's baby comes out, expect Clifton and Diamont to have scenes that may net them both Emmys that year. JMW not so much.

So Bill tells Steffy that Liam doesn't deserve her? After "all Liam has put her through", she still tries to help him or some such nonsense. What, exactly, has Liam "put Steffy through?" She forced him to back up the lie about Caroline dying. She's a lying, deceiving trash bag. But Liam has put her through so much?!  Gag.

They're literally giving Wyatt's lines undercutting Liam to Bill now. This is the same crap he was saying to her when he was courting her last year. Now we see where Wyatt got it from. He truly is $Bill's son.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 7

@RuntheTable - I appreciate your take as it always gives me good perspective. Upon rewatch, I do think it's all of Brooke's past history and the years of disappointment and heartbreak and thinking, perhaps naively, that she got it right this time, only to be wrong again.

Also, I think she loves Bill far more than she ever loved Ridge. Contrast yesterday's scenes with her yelling and screaming and sobbing, holding nothing back, to her last break up with Ridge where there were some tears to be sure, but mostly quiet resignation. 

I agree that they really do seem like a married couple that is passionate about each other and that passion was reflected most definitely in what I saw. KKL should submit that as part of her Emmy reel, that's how powerful she was and DD was her match in every way. 

While I detest this storyline, it certainly has allowed KKL to show what she's capable of.

• Love 11

Why can't Brooke be on her own for a while?  Why does she have to have a man?

Girl, get a power haircut, kick all those moochers out of your house, and have some fun - by yourself.  Take a bubble bath.  Read a book.  Watch a chick flick - by yourself.

It can be done!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

That was satisfying; and KKL was magnificent. She and DD seem so real as a married couple. Brooke’s hurt and confusion and disbelief were painful for me to watch. After reading my fellow B&Ber’s comments, it seems I had a slightly different take on the past couple of days.

RuntheTable, I have to give your post mad love because it provides a much calmer perspective on what transpired yesterday.  KKL and DD do have amazing chemistry whether their characters are loving or fighting.

I watched those wedding vows yet again and even I as a viewer would find it hard to believe that a man who told me that I was the very air he breathed couldn't use his super powers (such as they are) for some good.

1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

While Ridge has been disowned by Eric and thus the Marrone-Forrester line cut off for now, Steffy is the young female lead of the core family so she's gonna get play over Ivy who is 'merely' the niece. Had Ivy gone supernova then Steffy may have been retired or at least been a rival to Steffy and they both fight over power at Forrester and men. Instead Sally as the young female lead of rival fashion house Spectra, now has that honor.

Ivy is like Oliver, once prominent but they ran out of ideas for her and just let her flounder in the background. This show is notorious for focusing on one story at a time; if you don't like it, you have to wait MONTHS before something else launches and poor pacing for stories than end up in money shot Emmy worthy scenes. Basically they're bad/lazy/rushed about properly building the story because they want to get to the money scenes which they can write the hell out of and who they know the actors can deliver. 

Don Diamont FINALLY is back front and center (much like McCook last year) as Spencer patriarch in a story that is as much about him as it is about Liam. Steffy is in a triangle that is going to make sense in that Liam was the substitute and 'right guy' for her to be with while Bill was THE ONE who got away, who dropped her, who she tried to replace with his sons, and who was 'wrong' in everyone else's eyes. Now those buried feelings are reemerging while she's married to his son. Liam is about to get his heart ripped out by a double betrayal that really will shift his place in the family and relationship with Bill and is a whopping bit of karma for him for waffling in the Triangle of Doom.  The fallout will affect Wyatt as he gains ground in the family, but does he really want it? Brooke will either fight another Stephanie for her man or let Bill go. Ridge vs Bill will be renewed in a big fashion with Ridge wanting to protect his daughter.

And finally we may get Still as a relationship revisited to see if those two crazy kids can make it. If the show is smart they could keep this going for a full year -especiallly if a Still ONS results in Steffy getting pregnant with Bill's kid, but wanting to stay married to Liam because she doesn't want to hurt Liam and wants to stay with the right guy with Bill either making the 'sacrifice' to protect his son or being the selfish ass he's always been and not caring what he's done to his son and wanting Steffy and their child. If/when the paternity of Steffy's baby comes out, expect Clifton and Diamont to have scenes that may net them both Emmys that year. JMW not so much.

They're literally giving Wyatt's lines undercutting Liam to Bill now. This is the same crap he was saying to her when he was courting her last year. Now we see where Wyatt got it from. He truly is $Bill's son.

Excellent points, TobinAlbers, but I'm sorry.  JMW/Stuffy is EVERYWHERE and it's quite jarring the amount of screen time she gets.  While Stuffy was quite pretty a few short years ago, there is no way in the world that I'm willing to suspend my disbelief that thirsty-ass Stuffy is the only trick in town even in a cast the size of this one on a 18-minute show.  I'm not willing to watch JMW try to emote, squeeze out a tear without the help of glycerin drops, or be elevated as some kind of future leading lady when I know better.  I can appreciate that others are looking forward to this.  I can't.  I'm not willing to see her rub a pregnancy pad as she tries to emote and exhibit some angst about who the daddy of Stuffy's hamster is.  Can't do it.  Won't do it.  Even the momentary thrill of Bill deciding to sleep with her to stick it to both Lame and raping Ridge is enough for me.  

It's gotten so bad that every time one of these guys waxes poetic about Stuffy's non-existent virtues, I always end up asking, "what the fuck kind of shit are you on?"   

ETA:  The only scenes I could watch JMW/Stuffy in are death scenes.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 12

Am I insane?  I keep watching, expecting things to change, and it never does. Why in the world would I expect anything different.  For a moment I thought Steffy would back off but no she will help Bill get through this. Not Liam but Bill.  And Bill, hitting on Steffy when Brooke is not even out of the house one hour.  Steffy seamed complicit since she was looking back at him with puppy dog eyes. Bill goes further by telling Steffy she's  an exceptional woman and that Liam is lucky to have you especially after everything Liam has put you through.  WTF Bill?  What has Liam put her through?  The torment of not agreeing with her?  Geez!  

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

JMW/Stuffy is EVERYWHERE and it's quite jarring the amount of screen time she gets.  While Stuffy was quite pretty a few short years ago, there is no way in the world that I'm willing to suspend my disbelief that thirsty-ass Stuffy is the only trick in town even in a cast the size of this one on a 18-minute show.  I'm not willing to watch JMW try to emote, squeeze out a tear without the help of glycerin drops, or be elevated as some kind of future leading lady when I know better.  I can appreciate that others are looking forward to this.  I can't.  I'm not willing to see her rub a pregnancy pad as she tries to emote and exhibit some angst about who the daddy of Stuffy's hamster is.  Can't do it.  Won't do it.  Even the momentary thrill of Bill deciding to sleep with her to stick it to both Lame and raping Ridge is enough for me.  

It's gotten so bad that every time one of these guys waxes poetic about Stuffy's non-existent virtues, I always end up asking, "what the fuck kind of shit are you on?"   

I.love.this.  Your soap rage is awesome, LOL.

Sadly, one of the staples of a soap is that the legacy kids get the stories. If Hope were on or if Bill had a daughter then it'd be a bit more balanced and not as focused on Steffy but the show has hitched it's wagon to her and well...this what we're getting.

Sally was on her way to helping to balance it out, but with PF leaving she's left in limbo until she can be properly positioned for Liam or she gets a recast Thomas. I get PF wanting to leave and taking the plunge, but his departure couldn't have happened at a worse time in terms of Tally. That was a couple that you could see becoming the next Thorne and Macy the early years with a kick ass wedding down the line. Oh, well.

• Love 7

I just hate this whole story with Bill, Brooke and SluttyFrozenFaceExtensions. She's a slut, he's an absolute worthless human being and Brooke is weak willed and stupid. Why am I watching this total crap? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Sadly, one of the staples of a soap is that the legacy kids get the stories. If Hope were on or if Bill had a daughter then it'd be a bit more balanced and not as focused on Steffy

If Hope were on, Bell would've had the entire world revolving around her instead., complete with parties in her honor every other month.

Steffy may be trash, but I haven't forgotten how Queen Elsa was never called out for any of her own shit behavior  (like telling Liam that Steffy losing the baby was a blessing) and that she seemed to relish keeping both Spencers boys on a string.

But tbh, that's not even a recent thing with excessive focus on one character. Before the ToD, we had Nick being the hero to every woman; before that, there was Amber and then there are the numerous couples and characters sacrificed at the Alter of GarBridge, of which Brill is the latest victim. And if JMW ever left again, Bell would just ruin Ivy or Sally with overexposure.

• Love 2

Bannana, I totally echo your comment. Bill is so on fire with Liam that he'll do anything to hurt him including bedding his wife just to send his life into more turmoil. I don't even care enough anymore to add an exclamation point. Just do not care anymore.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I feel that Bill is playing Steffy, that he has no regrets at all, and that he is going to get close and intimate with her as a way to get revenge on Liam.

That's almost a certainty. It also wouldn't be the first time she's been used as a pawn to stick it to someone else...but eight years ago, she was still passing for innocent then.

As another poster beat me in saying, this is a huge karmic bitchslap that has been long overdue for Liam and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. ?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bannana said:

I feel that Bill is playing Steffy, that he has no regrets at all, and that he is going to get close and intimate with her as a way to get revenge on Liam.

I found today's interaction between StuffedUppity & $Bill creepy, icky, and weirdly incestuous.  It seemed "forced" acting by both of them.  I don't see the rooting factor with these two hooking up. 

Edited by SimplePleasures
  • Love 7

I had to take some time away from the show but I had a marathon today.  I saw some VERY good work.  DD and SC were on fire. SC is reveling in Liam getting out from under Fauxdi's surgically enhanced thumb.  A 1 minute scene between Liam and Sally trumps YEARS between Fauxdi and Liam.  Lally can't come too soon for me.

I was really enjoying all the great acting (excluding JMW of course) and suddenly Sheila and Charlie appear and it's like someone pooped in the pool.

@RuntheTable, your post was amazing.  KKL has never been better.  She really did seem to be dredging up memories of all the times she looked the other way when a man she was with fucked up.  She'd giggle or a single tear would fall.  But this time it seemed Brooke was as angry with herself as she was with Bill.

So Brooke marches out in a fit of righteous indignation and heads straight for ....WORK?  Are there so many lodgers at her house that there's no room for her anymore?  I know she's emotionally exhausted after reading $Bill every riot act ever written but she can't be so upset that she's forgotten what an asshole-for-all-times Ridge has been?

And @MulletorHater, I have to give you a shout-out too (everyone is so eloquent lately)!  A lot of people say that Hope was over-exposed but I refuse to believe that Hope was on as much as Steffy ALWAYS is.  It's even more irritating because there are several young women in the cast that hardly ever get a chance to say a peep.  Thank God Sally is still in there, swinging!

• Love 11

Excellent posts from everybody all around. I don't have a lot to add to what has already been said.

What's with Steffy stalking in proclaiming, "I'll be brokering the truce." Excuse me? Who writes this crap? Does she think she's the Secretary of State of something? Clad in those men's military inspired pants, even. She really needs to let it go. I think that her head is spinning out of orbit and she doesn't know what to do. Liam is no longer tethered to her or Bill. Thomas has set himself free (well, not really ...)

It looks inevitable that Still is going to happen. Unfortunately (for Steffy) I think Bill is in it purely for revenge and sex. Steffy is looking for love and a father figure. I guarantee that after he bangs her once (Ok, maybe 2-3 times max) he's going to be bored out of his mind and be longing for a real woman of substance like Brooke.

The reason why Still was titillating the first time around was because it was so forbidden. We not only had a very married Bill with Katie but also self-proclaimed moral compass hypocrite harpy Taylor, hovering around. I think Batie and Brill have an even number of supporters but it seemed more permissible (dare I say that?) for Bill to cheat on Katie. They didn't have the complex intense history that Bill has developed with Brooke. Not only that, there was the undercurrent of blackmail and seduction. Not to mention, a younger and hotter JMW playing the seductress.

Fast-forward to today, Steffy is Bill's daughter-in-law many times over. She has the face of a wax museum statue and no depth. Bill has had many years now to get to know her and see how she operates. While her take-no-prisoners persona may mesh with his own, I truly believe that he does not want a clone of himself as the woman in his life. If that were the case, he'd probably be married to Quinn and lord knows what type of hellion she would have twisted in to.

I was actually wondering if Bill was wasted at the end of the show today when he was praising Steffy. (I noticed that he kept refilling his glass from the decanter during their conversations.) What exactly has Liam "put Steffy through? 'I will also ask. Is Bill referring to the times Liam chose Hope? Liam didn't choose to be with Quinn. I am not sure WTH he was referring to.

Of course! Who would walk in on Sludge giving Brooke a comforting embrace than Slouchy! Isn't it time for him to go back to boarding school? I knew it! I knew it! We all knew it! Now, he's going to egg Sludge on when he really needs to just STFU (like Steffy) and butt out. It really is not any of his business.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

A lot of people say that Hope was over-exposed but I refuse to believe that Hope was on as much as Steffy ALWAYS is. 

Well, lemme put it like this: when Matula left, another poster looked up episode counts and she'd been in as many episodes as Heather Tom, who had been hired on nearly THREE years earlier. The episode count was around 900 or so. Mind you, B&B tapes roughly 250 episodes each year, and she left right before her five year anniversary on the show. Make of that what you will.

Still, even at her absolute worse, Hope was never a complete sociopath and was capable of some kindness. I could see the logic as to why she was put up on a pedestal. I don't get that with Stuffy at all.

11 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

It's even more irritating because there are several young women in the cast that hardly ever get a chance to say a peep.  Thank God Sally is still in there, swinging!

Okay, you've got a point, there. Back during the ToD days, we *only* had those two spoiled nimrods. Now, there's at least four others, but sadly Ivy is on ice, they havent figured out anything for Darlita and despite Nicole being played by a HAL 3000 impersonator, they could do more with her. So, yeah. In that sense, the disproportionate amount of time given to Steffy is considerably worse, now that I think about it.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Sally was on her way to helping to balance it out, but with PF leaving she's left in limbo until she can be properly positioned for Liam or she gets a recast Thomas.

This is why I prefer my olden days of watching soaps, where a voice would say "The role of so-and-so is now being played by such-and-such" and that was the end of it.  No angst over IF they recast, they just did it, and the story line typically didn't suffer for it.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 9

Recap for Tuesday, 9/19/17:

Let's get the GarBridge tease out of the way first.

At FC, Brooke doesn't spill the tea to an eager Ridge, only telling him "Bill did something horrible."

Ridge: "I'm not surprised." As if he has any room to talk.

Ridge-Brooke-issues-with-Bill-BB-HW.jpg

Brooke: "I'm not going back there...I need space." Obviously referring to her home with Bill.

Ridge is quick to say it's probably all for the best, thinking that Brill is over. Already.

Brooke interjects: "I didn't say I was leaving Bill." Don't keep dangling the bait, TPTB, because I know Still is on the horizon and I don't know how Brill will come back from that.

Ridge: "I just want you to be happy." Really, Rumple? You want her back with you or at least wanting you and that only leads to her misery.

They share a hug as Slouchey pokes his head in and I am just over his pipsqueak ass.

Once Ridge is alone in the CEO office, he wastes no time in grilling his father over what he saw.

Ridge: "Your mother was upset about Spencer."

RJ immediately jumps to the conclusion that his parents are getting back together and I just want to slap the taste out of his mouth.

Ridge makes no promises but says it would be nice to be a family again. Oh FFS!

We cut to SP where Liam is working away on his laptop.

Liam-in-office-BB-HW.jpg

Wyatt arrives a few moments later and Liam is none too thrilled about his brother being MIA all week.

Damn, I guess Katie has kept him busy getting busy and is making up for lost time.

Wyatt: "I'm not here to be interrogated by you." He then presses Liam once more for how he was able to get their father to agree to step down as CEO.

Liam is noncomittal: "He's taking some time off."

Wyatt: "He doesn't even go out for lunch! This makes ZERO sense!"

A "I got my balls back!" Liam tells him that he's CEO now and that's not going to change anytime soon, adding: "You can just get over it!" 

Wyatt's pained expression tells me he's going to throw about as many fits as Thomas did when Steffy got CEO and he wasn't even in the running.

Liam shares his plans for SP, including raising salaries for their employees and allocating more funds to the Spencer foundation.

Wyatt: "That sounds...expensive." He sounds so much like Bill here.

He all but rolls his eyes when Liam reminds him that he's calling the shots now.

Liam goes on to share that Bill's skyscraper ain't happening.

Wyatt laughs - at first - then sees that Liam isn't joking.

Wyatt: "Be smart about this...don't piss Dad off."

Liam shrugs his brother's warnings off. He's come too far to turn back now.

Now, for the scenes that made this episode must-see. KKL and SC haven't shared this much interaction since the Lope days and it's been long overdue as they work so effortlessly together.

Later, Liam is alone and staring out at the skyline.

Unseen, Brooke enters his office and shuts the door behind her.

19.09.2017+%25280%2529.png

Brooke: "Your father told me everything."

He turns at the sound of her voice as his eyes meet hers across the room, sympathy evident on his face.

19.09.2017+%25281%2529.png

Brooke: "I know you're CEO but I also know why." Liam gulps, his eyes firmly fixed on her, not entirely sure what to expect. She continues: "And as his wife....I am very sorry for what my husband's done. I had NO idea."

Liam steps around the desk: "There's no way you could have known and even if you did, there was nothing you could do about it."

19.09.2017+%25283%2529.png

Brooke: "I don't blame you for taking over Spencer Publications. Spencer is in trouble and this family's in turmoil. and you are the one with the moral compass."

19.09.2017+%25284%2529.png

Liam: "Did he send you?"

Brooke: "I walked out on him."

Liam is stunned. He wasn't expecting this. "Oh...so you guys are-?" The question lingers in the air.

Brooke: "I'm not sure. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I love your father very much but-"

19.09.2017+%25285%2529.png

Liam interjects: "Listen...Brooke...I am...I can't imagine what you're going through right now and I don't want to speak against him more than I already have but for the record, I get it. I see why you had to walk away."

Brooke sighs: "I had to leave your father. I just had to get out of there."

Liam is so gentle here: "I'm sure it was a shock, what he told you."

Brooke: "Yes! I was blindsided. I'm still stunned."

Liam: "Believe me, I'm still trying to process this myself."

19.09.2017+%25286%2529.png

Brooke: "I believed in him, I always saw the best in your father...I never, ever expected this kind of behavior."

Liam states, out loud, what they now know: "He's a criminal.  You know how much it kills me to say that out loud. My father is a criminal. The scariest thing about all of this is he doesn't understand that. He doesn't see how ruthless, how reckless he's been. That's why I had to take the company away from him. To protect us-" He gestures to indicate he's including his stepmother here. "-from him. And until he changes...if by some miracle that day ever comes, I'm not letting him anywhere near here or me or anyone I care about." Again, he gestures toward Brooke and she is touched by her stepson's concern. "Yeah, he's not gonna like it but tough! That's the way it is."

Brooke looks on the verge of tears here, for some many reasons and Liam immediately picks up on her turmoil: "Brooke...I so respect you...for standing your ground and, as his son, this is probably the worst thing for me to say, but it's the best advice I got - leave him. Find your happiness with someone else because trust me, you deserve so much better."

Brooke is calmer now but has a warning for her stepson: "What you're saying to me right now, what you're doing to your father, this could be a very dangerous situation. You know that Bill takes revenge very seriously."

19.09.2017+%25287%2529.png

Liam: "I know. He already lost his company...with you walking away, too..."

Brooke: "He could stand to lose everything that he cares about and you know he's not going to take that lying down." 

She reaches for his chin and gently tilts his head, getting a good look at the remnants of the shiner Bill gave him.

19.09.2017+%25288%2529.png

That simple moment, every inch maternal, showing how much she cares, and which was far more than his wife did.

Brooke: "He's gonna come after you, Liam. Hard. It's not gonna be pretty." 

19.09.2017+%25289%2529.png

Liam sounding more confident than he feels, I'll bet: "Let him come. There's nothing more he can do to hurt me."

19.09.2017+%252810%2529.png

Oh, I think there is plenty more he can do as we cut to Bill's living room where Bill and Fauxdi are standing in front of the fireplace, her hand on his chest, her eyes oh-so-consoling.

WTF is wrong with this bitch that she's consoling the criminal who punched her husband? Rhetorical question as I - and we - already know the answer to that. But even more WTF is why is Bill letting her? 

A few moments later, Bill is pacing the room like a caged beast while Steffy is presumably trying to talk to Liam. 

She returns, revealing that she couldn't get through to Liam. She hopes there can be peace between father and son but doesn't see it happening any time soon.

19.09.2017+%252811%2529.png

Steffy: "Liam won't step down as CEO."

Bill goes over to pour himself yet another drink.

19.09.2017+%252814%2529.png

Bill is uncharacteristically silent, barely reacting, and Steffy finally gets a clue that something more has happened and she begs him to tell her what's going on.

19.09.2017+%252816%2529.png

Bill: "Brooke left me."

Steffy is surprised but I'm sure her ego is singing inside.

They rehash his misdeeds and Steffy has a surprising moment where she calls him out for the fact that people could have been hurt or killed - including the firefighters or people outside the building. Finally, some acknowledgement of this, although I hate that it comes from this twatwaffle.

Bill says he would take everything back if he could and that while he went after what he wanted, like he always does, this time "it wasn't worth it."

He even goes so far to say that he would give "ten skyscrapers" to have Brooke back. Only ten, Bill?

Steffy: "She needs a moment but I'm sure she'll be back." A moment? A moment? Is this walking wig for real?

Bill begins engaging in some self-flagellation and introspection, decrying the actions that cost him his family.

In a flash, Steffy tells him she'll be there to help him get through this. Shouldn't she be there for her husband? But as she is gazing into his eyes, it's "Liam who?" right about now.

Bill apologizes for being so emotional and a clearly aroused Steffy tells him how she's seeing an entirely new side to him. Uh huh.

Bill: "This hurts like hell but Brooke walking out on me, not knowing if she's coming back-"

19.09.2017+%252821%2529.png

Steffy: "She will. Brooke will come home." I'd believe she meant that more if she wasn't back to putting her hands on him.

19.09.2017+%252822%2529.png

Bill: "You're an exceptional woman, Steffy. Of course I've always know that." I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. She's exceptionally stupid, vain, selfish, bitchy and a lot of other choice words I won't repeat as you all have covered it and then some.

He continues: "Liam's lucky to have you. After everything he's put you through, I'm not sure he deserves you." What, exactly, did Liam put her through? Ummmm....thinking....ummm...I got nothin'.  He reaches out to caress her wig.

19.09.2017+%252823%2529.png

She stares up at him, all doe-eyed. Oh yeah, he's playing her and will screw her just to put the screws to his son.

And like the egotistical heifer she is, she'll fall for every inch of it...pun intended.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, grisgris said:

I was actually wondering if Bill was wasted at the end of the show today when he was praising Steffy. (I noticed that he kept refilling his glass from the decanter during their conversations.) What exactly has Liam "put Steffy through? 'I will also ask. Is Bill referring to the times Liam chose Hope? Liam didn't choose to be with Quinn. I am not sure WTH he was referring to.

Who knows. Steffy was the one who constantly inserted herself between Liam and Hope, held up divorcing him as leverage, allowed her baby to be used to finally seal the deal, and then bailed on their marriage after she lost the baby with no discussion after she decided she had to set him free. Liam went after her ass to Paris, begged her to come home which she repeatedly said no to doing, then when he moved on with Hope and was going to marry her showed up at his doorstep the day of to make a last ditch effort to lure him back after jerking him around.

She's put HIM through the ringer. He stupidly allowed himself to stay on the line, but Liam hasn't done nearly the same level of crap to her as she has to him.

If Bill is actually trying to insinuate that Liam's kidnapping and rape is something HE put Steffy through, Bill can burn in hell. Liam came back to find his life in shambles and did everything he could to get it back-something you'd think Bill 'be a man and take what you want!' Spencer would respect. Instead for plot purposes he was telling Liam to step aside for Wyatt, don't seek your pound of flesh against Quinn, and basically be a chump. Bill wasn't about decimating enemies then!

Bill drinking heavily is probably gonna be a 'reason' for when he makes a move on Steffy. This show loves it's alcohol/drug assisted hook ups.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

When Brooke shouted “When is it enough? When do I stand up and say enough is enough?”, I felt she was going all the way back, and was talking about Bill’s treatment of Hope, his disrespect for her and Donna, his dislike of the Forrester’s, bedding Katie to get her to sign the contract. I think it was Brooke acknowledging how she has given Bill a free pass to be an asshole. How she has overlooked and forgiven, and now we come to this, and she just cannot do it anymore. This may be the action that tipped the scale, but I believe it is a culmination of everything Brooke knows and has lived through with Bill. Brooke is being forced to really look at the man she married; a man who adores her, but who will still lie to her face, and will do whatever it takes to get his way.

As much as I can't stand Ridge, I think the "enough is enough" moment should have been when Bill had Ridge dumped out of a helicopter.  This is really pushing the envelope, but with the arson, Bill could TRY to rationalize that he did it while the building was empty and didn't intend for anyone to get hurt (which, unfortunately, Sally did), but having someone tossed out of a helicopter can't be anything but attempted murder, there's no rationalizing that.

2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Well, lemme put it like this: when Matula left, another poster looked up episode counts and she'd been in as many episodes as Heather Tom, who had been hired on nearly THREE years earlier. The episode count was around 900 or so.

I think I'm the one who originally posted that (apologies for my bad memory if it wasn't me!), and you're right, KM was at 909.  In comparison, Jacob Young, who was on a hell of a lot longer than she was, only has 948.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092325/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

This is why I prefer my olden days of watching soaps, where a voice would say "The role of so-and-so is now being played by such-and-such" and that was the end of it.  No angst over IF they recast, they just did it, and the story line typically didn't suffer for it.

Thank you! The idiots in charge probably knew ages ago that Thomas wan't coming back from NY in the form of PF so they should have been working on finding someone good. I was just starting to really like that motherfucker, too, after thinking he was the biggest sleaze following conception night and trying to get with Ivy, etc. Then he waltzes into Sally's hospital room and asks here "What hurts?" or whatever it was he said, and I was in love. It would be nice to have one person not play musical lovers. I don't want Steffy and Liam to break up and I almost threw up watching Bill get all weird with the Liam doesn't deserve you shit. If he really does love Brooke he better not go there. 

I hate all of this talk of a Liam and Sally pairing. Can't two people just be friends?

And Wyatt can shut the fuck up. Liam has worked at Spencer for way longer and was already president and served as VP at Forrester. This motherfucker disappears for five days to bang Katie and thinks he should be CEO? He's done marketing but has he actually done business?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Wyatt's pained expression tells me he's going to throw about as many fits as Thomas did when Steffy got CEO and he wasn't even in the running.

To be fair, I've seen Wyatt working for a whole five minutes, which is five minutes more than I've seen from Liam since before he conked himself on the head. Even if he were aware of what went down, he'd be justified to ask WTF, imo.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

To be fair, I've seen Wyatt working for a whole five minutes, which is five minutes more than I've seen from Liam since before he conked himself on the head. 

I think one thing we can all agree on is that none of these people actually work!  Victoria Newman does more work slamming down those folders than all of the FC/SP staff  combined does :) 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

To be fair, I've seen Wyatt working for a whole five minutes, which is five minutes more than I've seen from Liam since before he conked himself on the head. Even if he were aware of what went down, he'd be justified to ask WTF, imo.

Both doofuses did the pitch for the Steffy social media campaign that launched last year and culminated in the slap heard round Monaco and were a part of the Forrester beachwear photo shoot earlier this summer. AND Liam interviewed Sally which while was more for personal plot points, was him doing his job at SP.

So Bill's boys have been working. I'll give them that.

19 minutes ago, politichick said:

And Wyatt can shut the fuck up. Liam has worked at Spencer for way longer and was already president and served as VP at Forrester. This motherfucker disappears for five days to bang Katie and thinks he should be CEO? He's done marketing but has he actually done business?

Wyatt did a lot more work at Fuller Jewelry and was basically Quinn's #2 so I can buy his having experience running a small company and being able to translate those skills over to SP. Wyatt basically took Liam's job(s) and given Bill hadn't canned him, must not have been losing daddy any money.

Brooke's already pulling up stakes from being a Spencer if she's merely warning Liam about his dad's ruthless streak instead of taking action to aid him and run some interference and try to protect him from Bill's worse impulses. This is actually an interesting point in that while Wyatt has Quinn to always have his back (and now Katie having his front), with him mom dead and one step-mother banging his brother and another step-mother already sniffling on her ex-husband's shoulder, and his own damn wife sympathizing with the man out to get him, Liam is out there alone. I can see him feeling increasingly isolated and turning to someone with a sympathetic ear i.e. Sally.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think one thing we can all agree on is that none of these people actually work!  Victoria Newman does more work slamming down those folders than all of the FC/SP staff  combined does :) 

So true, but none of them hold a candle to Days' Brady. Back when he And Kristen were banging, the show made no reference to his employment at all for the entire year I watched that play out!

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 1

Uh oh. Wyatt saw Sally in Liam's office. Get ready for Wyatt to develop feelings for her in 3...2...1...Katie who?

Steffy paying Brooke a visit to push her back to Bill is just going too damn far. NO ONE believes she'd give a damn. Is her being a nosy busybody trying to reunite Bridge supposed to show how much she truly cares for Bill? Girl, go tend to you husband! He's got a woman paying him some attention and making him feel like a damn hero to the point he's puffing out his chest and feeling himself!

Honestly shocked that Allison is still working at Spencer. Thought for sure she'd have staged a walk-out with Justin staying as the plant. Would've been funny as HELL is Liam brought in his own personal assistant and told Allison to kick rocks.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Bingo.  I'm not actually sure what's added to this storyline with Liam not telling Wyatt the truth.  They could be jerks to each other regardless of when Wyatt finds out, so why bother delaying it?

• Love 6

Liam is aware that Bill, by telling him and Brooke, has made them accessories after the fact to his arson and they could be charged. Unlikely, but I think he would hesitate to do that to Wyatt.  Maybe. When they are acting so OOC and illogical, who can predict?

• Love 1