Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LEARN HOW TO CLOSE A DOOR PROPERLY AT FC.  Partially open door is getting to much airtime  

Charlie is a legion in his own mind. Katie's smug face is getting as old as Brooke's squints.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, tricknasty said:

Where's Chickenhead? He's been gone a hot minute

I honestly hadn't noticed or cared. I miss the old days when a character would only appear when necessary.

For that matter, Waffles hasn't been mewing about the halls of FC in a hot minute, either.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Ditto, Pickles!! I am so bored with this show and everyone on it. 

ICAM!

I am currently only watching for the cool clips at the end of the show...and wish they'd just fill the whole time with old clips...or just rerun the good story lines.

• Love 3

You go Pam! If Charlie kept pressing that nasty napkin up in my face I would grab it and run to the nearest incinerator. Considering how long he has had the damn thing maybe he smeared the lipstick. I don't care about what I know as fact; trying to prove an affair with a lipstick stained napkin is nutty to me.

I still don't understand what sizzles between Ridge and Quinn, but the shit was on fire yesterday. Ridge needs to call it a day on Destiny, because I think that destination has changed.

I walk down the halls of my employer everyday, and I work in a three story building with lots of offices and conference rooms. I hear conversations going on all the time, but I don't tiptoe up to the door to eavesdrop, and I don't peep around the door to see what is going on. Why? Because it ain't none of my business. Now I guess one could argue that since Brooke is engaged to Ridge, that his actions are Katie's business, but I still want to smack her. It seems her new calling in her new life is to run interference in everyone else's. I think Charlie is with the wrong gal; he could be Inspector Clouseau to Katie's Jessica Fletcher, leaving Pam free to hookup with LDG. 

I don't know what is going on, but all the ladies have been looking fab this week. There was so much beauty in the office with Ivy and Quinn, then we cut over to Brooke and Katie. I am usually on the fence with Katie, but she looked awesome, and Brooke was rocking that red. Now, if she could only find her voice and stop whispering........

Great clips again yesterday; so glad they included the one from the 5000 episode. I thought that was one of the best they have ever done. Just the core four up at big bear. It was hilarious. 

• Love 14

Is the actress who plays Katie working on some outside projects and that's why she's been reduced to the role of Run Tell That? She's attractive and  one of the best actresses on this shit show (no one will ever outmatch her Victoria Newman), but all she does is spy on people and stick her nose where it doesn't belong. 

How long can you keep a marriage license before it expires? Maybe Bill can pull out his and Brooke's and they'll be the ones to elope in Australia. 

I wish the Spectra thing wasn't such a shit show on amateur hour because once all of these stupid romances have been resolved it would be good to see some good fashion and business competition.

• Love 10

Recap for Thurs. 3/9/17:

All of the action takes place at a single locale - Forrester Creations.

LemonHeads is there and before you roll your eyes (okay, you can roll them, I know I did), and is confused as I am as to why Brooke and Ridge want her to be involved in their plan to elope in Aussieland. It's not a problem for Katie to fly down there what with no life and Donna (who apparently has no life either, which is sad considering Justin's existence) can babysit for Will at the drop of a hat.

Brooke and Ridge actually act like grown-ups for a change and address the elephant in the room - Katie's past with Ridge. Adult, but still, awkward as HELL, although not as awkward as it would have been had Ridge and Katie really been into the other and not just using each other to get back at Brooke and Bill.

Katie accepts and Brooke is more thrilled than I would be. She tells Brooke that she can never say "no" to her and it's kind of a sweet moment. But one is always waiting for the other shoe to drop where Katie is concerned.

Katie asks if Brooke has a dress yet, which she does. She then jokes (or is that a pointed barb?) with Ridge about making the marriage stick "for Brooke's sake." Ridge doesn't seem to find it all that funny. Can't imagine why.

Brooke pulls Katie away to go see her dress.

Elsewhere in the building, Quinn and Ivy are busily working away on all things jewelry with Quinn coaching Ivy on some finer points.

Ivy, no dummy, hopes that Quinn's interest in their working relationship isn't because she's afraid of what she might say.

Quinn dodges, "I just want to ensure Eric's happiness isn't threatened." I almost did a spit-take on that one.

Ivy pointedly tells her she could beg off, using the flu as an excuse and miss the trip to Australia. It's not as if Steffy or Liam will care. In fact, they would probably love it if their wedding was Quinn-free. I'm glad to see Ivy hasn't let her guard down where Quinn and Ridge are concerned.

Quinn reminds Ivy that she already explained what happened with Ridge and Ivy was supposed to be satisfied with that. Ivy looks at her like, okay, cray-cray, I promised no such thing.

In the hallway, Charlie tells Pam that he plans to confront Quinn about the napkin.  Pam is dismayed to see that he is STILL carrying that nasty thing around.

There's a lot of bickering back and forth about lipstick shades and proof and OMG, this is so stupid!

The bickering is thanksfully put on the backburner for the moment when a briefcase is delivered to Charlie to take to Quinn and Ivy. He trots off to deliver the briefcase (containing gorgeous gems) and is doing his very best Dudley-Do-Right impersonation, including him remarking that one of the rubies matches Quinn's lipstick and Quinn and Ivy are WTF? Charlie is as irritating and obnoxious as I've ever seen him although I will say, I think all three actors were on the verge of cracking up (RS was laughing a little more than Quinn was supposed to, I think, and I love when actors break character a little bit).

Quinn all but shoves him out the door, despite his protests, and again, she looks on the verge of breaking into giggles.

In the studio, Brooke tells Katie, "my dress will be something special." What is this, #10? Or higher? 

Katie peeks at it and deems it exquisite. We, of course, don't get to see it yet but Brooke shares that it's "not white, obviously." They share a smile. Brooke then says what she thinks is going to be a shocking statement about not caring what people think about how many times she's been married, especially since many of the marriages, including this one, will be to Ridge. Nobody was shocked by you not caring, Brooke. You are the Queen of No Fucks to Give.

Katie: "Don't think of it so much as another wedding but as a continuation of your marriage to Ridge."

Katie is ready to head out, but realizes she left her phone in the CEO office and goes to retrieve it.

Ridge is working with a model when well, well, well, look who shows up? No, it's not Katie. It's Quinn, who, once the model leaves, tells him that Charlie may be stalking her.

Charlie is back to gossiping with Pam and crows about making her nervous. He then decides to plant one on Pam and wipes his lips on a napkin. He raves on and on about how he was right - it was blotting vs smearing and that proves Quinn wiped Ridge's lips because "she planted a big wet one on him." Dun dun DUNNN!

I wonder how many of my brain cells died watching that.

Pam is PISSED and for the first time in a long time, I am applauding her: "I never want to see that napkin again or you are CUT OFF!" Give it to him, Pammie...or don't actually.

In the CEO office, Ridge and Quinn are talking about what they deserve and all the little cutesy things they're saying belie the fact that what they really think they deserve is for Ridge to throw her down on the desk or maybe Quinn throws him down and then they...well, you know the rest.

They grab onto a safe topic as Quinn shows him what she's calling a new necklace but it looks like the same fugly Cleopatra looking thing she had him place around her neck before.

And he places it around her neck this time, too, standing behind her while she looks at herself in the mirror and their eyes meet in the glass and dammit, these two have chemistry. I don't have to like it though.

Someone else who doesn't like what they're seeing is Katie because it's at that moment that Katie spots them through the POD. Ridge hands are on Quinn's bare shoulders, he's standing a heartbeat away from her, and Katie's face is the most sour I've seen it in a long time.

Ridge: "The two stones shouldn't go together, but you knew that they would." So what, the fugly necklace is a metaphor for THEM?

He recalls their conversation about them being "two misfits" and when was Ridge Friggin' Forrester EVER a misfit?

Ridge: "Sometimes, two misfits-" Her eyes light up.

Quinn: "Just...fit."

Quinn: "You DO remember." She smiles, then bites her lip and what man is gonna resist that?

Then, he whispers, as intimate as a caress, "I remember everything."

They face each other, eyes locked.

"Good," says Quinn and he lifts her chin to look at her more fully.

He asks her as the tension builds and builds between them, "It's not easy is it? Being human?"

Katie's expression is like that of someone tasting or smelling sour milk. Clearly, she's heard every word. Nosy McGee finally has some real goods and I'm sure she won't be able to keep this to herself, but I'm betting no one is going to believe what she saw with her very own eyes, most certainly not her clueless sister.

Katie-suspicious-BB-HW.jpg

ETA: The 30th anniversary clips.

We have the beginnings of Nicket as Bridget and Nick meet up and share their first kiss in the rain. I won't quibble about the fact that it was obviously sunny skies in the studio because AJ and JW were one of the better B&B pairings.

Next up is Lesli Kay's Felicia shaving her head (well, Mario Lopez helps) as a result of her cancer diagnosis and treatment. 

Finally, we have the 5,000th episode where Eric and Stephanie engage in a pillow fight at Big Bear. One of my favorite episodes because it was just the Core 4, but seriously TPTB, you couldn't give us a single clip with RM?

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

What is this, #10? Or higher? 

Close!  According to Soap Central 13, 7 of which were to Ridge!

http://soapcentral.com/bb/whoswho/brooke.php

Past Marriages

Eric Forrester, Sr. [Married: 1991; divorced: 1992; first time]

Ridge Forrester, Sr. [Married: 1994; declared invalid: 1995; first time]

Grant Chambers [Married: 1997; declared invalid: 1997]

Ridge Forrester, Sr. [Married: 1998; annulled: 1998; second time]

Thorne Forrester [Married: 2001; annulled: 2001]

Whipple Jones III [Married: 2002; annulled: 2002]

Ridge Forrester, Sr. [Married: 2003; annulled, technically invalid: 2004; third time]

Ridge Forrester, Sr. [Married: 2004; declared invalid: 2005; fourth time]

Eric Forrester, Sr. [Married: 2005; annulled/not consummated: 2005; second time]

Dominick "Nick" Marone [Married: 2006; divorced: 2007]

Ridge Forrester, Sr. [Married: 2009; declared invalid: 2009; fifth time]

Ridge Forrester, Sr. [Married: 2009; divorced: 2011; sixth time]

Ridge Forrester, Sr. [Married: 2012; not legalized: 2012; seventh time]

• Love 7
6 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

n the studio, Brooke tells Katie, "my dress will be something special." What is this, #10? Or higher? 

This will make lucky number thirteen, not that I expect this one to got through. 

Finally, we have the 5,000th episode where Eric and Stephanie engage in a pillow fight at Big Bear. One of my favorite episodes because it was just the Core 4, but seriously TPTB, you couldn't give us a single clip with RM?

There was one last week where RM!Ridge confesses his love to Brooke in season three....the one right before she falls and bonks her head on the side of the pool, IIRC.

But yeah, it's not like anyone watching doesn't know that Kaye is a recent addition to the show.

As for Nick/Bridget, I'm....well, not a fan. ;) But in retrospect, if nothing else the one thing I liked about Nicket is that Nick was always the one to pursue her first. Bridget is one of the very few, if only women on Show who's been allowed a shred of dignity where relationships are concerned. She didn't turn to booze or pills as her mother and sister respectively have and although Nick got to walk away after the Logan paternity reveal, she did get a line asking "You you want me to say 'You owe me'?", because he bloody well did IMO.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

Oh yeah, I forgot that two weeks when Brooke was an alcoholic. And when Bridget went from being a doctor in every specialty to being a fashion designer. Just how stupid were those story lines?! Give me a freaking break with this show. One more soap down the drain. 

• Love 3

Bridget went back to being a doctor IIRC. I think it was mentioned in one of her recent appearances. 

Looking back on this show, there did used to be a lot more folks that were professionals outside of the fashion business--Taylor was a """""professional""""" therapist, Bridget was the only one of Eric's kids not pissing over what she was owed, Storm was a lawyer and Katie had become a marketing manager or something along those lines when HT took over the role. Man, good times.

• Love 4

Yes, Anna. Those were the good times. When we think back over the years to how many and well written the soaps were then and  watch them now, it's just crap. No wonder they've faded away as will B&B, Y&R, GH and Days. Rest In Peace, Soaps. We'll have to find something else to snark on. And we will!

• Love 5

I thought Brooke said that her wedding dress wasn't going to be white.  If it was off-white or blush or whatever, then why bother? It was, indeed, a beautiful gown and KKL looked stunning in it -- limp locks and all.  I hope that she goes with some kind of updo for the wedding, um, just saying hypothetically ...

Speaking of hair ... WHAT?? Today with Steffy? Now it looks like JMW has one of those weird undercuts and did she have two lines shaved into her head or was that some type of bizarro braiding? I did like her white dress, though, as well as Brooke's red jacket. (And Quinn looked just gorgeous and flawless in that luminous watercolor dress, make up and hair!) I didn't fully understand why a couple needed a shower for a third wedding and by now Steffy and/or Liam should know that the other one snores, talks in their sleep, etc., unlike poor clueless Nicole! So, epic fail with the earplugs gag gift.

Brooke certainly was putting on the airs today with her little "wedding rehearsal" with Katie. I love how the writers are making Brooke look so oblivious and assuming downright entitlement to happiness.  It's almost coming across as arrogance. A good marriage. Ridge. (Right.) Just. Wait. I'm glad that Katie told her what she overheard but of course, Brooke wasn't going to believe her. Meantime, I really wish that Bill would meet somebody else and move on.  I just hate having him pine away for Brooke. It makes the character very weak and undesirable. After the way she's treated Bill, Brooke really doesn't deserve to have anybody there to pick up the pieces yet once again.

Is there any way for Ivy and Katie to get together and compare notes? There has to be some reason why Katie is going to Australia. Ridge didn't look particularly thrilled that she was going to be participating in the "elopement." Therefore, there's really no need for her to go. Nice how she can just pawn Will off on the nearest relative. Wouldn't Bill have something to say about that?

I don't have anything really new to add about Slouchy and the Spectras.  I'll hop on the railcar that doesn't want to see precious time devoted to a teenage romance when one of the characters is so unappealing as R.J. Coco seems OK. She's a decent actress but she has an Amber-like quality about her that I can't put my finger on. The two characters don't seem to be anything alike. Maybe I am having bad flashbacks to the Amber/Rick beginnings.

I am also noticing a not-so-subtle shift in that Shirley now seems to be the ring leader of the Spectra SL when I thought that Sally was supposed to be the "star" of that new family branch. (Sort of like Maya is with the Avants.) I can't help but wonder if it is because of writing or because the woman who plays Shirley has such a formidable presence.

Oh, I liked Ridge's line yesterday about how it really doesn't matter if doors around FC are opened or closed. See! SOMEBODY IS READING!!  So, if YOU are reading this, all of us here have presented DOZENS of terrific story ideas that would breathe so much needed new life into the show. We're more than happy to share! Whaddya say? PLEASE!!!

• Love 11

I don't know if you saw Kill Bill or Kill Bill 2, but all the women assassins had snake names. Therefore, I'm going to give Katie the nickname, Kingsnake because it's a snake that eats other snakes.  Charlie loves the medieval times so I'm now going to call him the Court Jester of FC.  If Charlie is a proponent of protocol, than why is he drinking champagne while he has a loaded gun on his hip?  Is that protocol?  

I've taken courses in photography and there I learned that we mostly view faces in animation. A portrait views a face in stop motion and that's why the best photographers know how to bring out the best in stop motion. I would like for you guys, who DVR B&B, to pause on Steffy, Quinn, and Ivy. Steffy, for the most part, doesn't present herself very well especially when she has her eyes closed. She's also at her worst when she pulls her hair back. As to Quinn and Ivy, they are beautiful no matter what. Eyes open or closed, hair down or pulled back it just doesn't matter. Try it and correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, grisgris said:

Oh, I liked Ridge's line yesterday about how it really doesn't matter if doors around FC are opened or closed. See! SOMEBODY IS READING!!  So, if YOU are reading this, all of us here have presented DOZENS of terrific story ideas that would breathe so much needed new life into the show. We're more than happy to share! Whaddya say? PLEASE!!!

Seconded! I live two hours from Los Angeles, and I'm happy to pitch a few ideas to the writing staff on the behalf of Previously.tv. Hell, I'd even join the writing staff since I'm sure it pays more than the minimum wage I get where I work now. 

But in all seriousness, the changes haven't gone unnoticed. We may bitch a lot, but it comes from a place of love. This show is far from perfect, but I'm truly liking the newness of the Spectras, the very lessened focus on Puffy and Waffles these past few weeks and even the utilization of Charlie and Pam recently is a good thing. 

I do have one thing to put out there: Liam needs some story that isn't anything to do directly with Puffy or any other woman he's banged (and please do not even consider using him as the spoiler in Tally!). My loathing for this character is no secret to anyone, but it's genuinely surprising that he's been on the show for seven years now and he as a person is less developed than the Partially Opened Door. Give him an evil twin or a drifter cousin or hell, even a long lost brother or sister from when Kelly was a teenager that he didn't know about. Even lame ass Marcus got Carter. Do SOMETHING with him. :/

• Love 9
13 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Thanks @ByTor, that is more than I thought and isn't it interesting what # she's up to with Ridge this time?

If that isn't a sure sign for Brooke to run, not walk, away from him, I don't know what it.

Not only that, you'd think she'd learn how to have a valid marriage by now!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4

Rick & Maya are officially in storyline purgatory. They are now giving wedding showers for people they don't even like. Worse yet they are stuck with the kiddies, RJ & Nicole.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 11

I don't think Ridge and Brooke have any chemistry. 

I liked that Bridget became a doctor because she always was a bit more practical and serious than her mother and siblings. I liked all of the Bridget actors and loved Ashley Jones. 

This show is too short (around 17 minutes a day minus the commercials, aerial shots, and flashbacks) and cast too big to waste any time on duds. 

I thought Saul was a nerd, plain and simple; but now I realize he's a thirsty projecting doofus with McGuyver tendencies. Sally is already a weirdo she can't hook up with a Ducky she needs the normy anti Sally. 

• Love 3

I thought he was a nerd and average but he has some weird quirks. Like the  surveillance gadget shit and fantasies about Sally and judgements about classism. Sally is very eccentric and just like in Pretty in Pink, this outsider dressmaker should choose the bland rich hunk, not the outlandish geek sidekick. I think couples are better in contrasts. It's more compatible. 

• Love 3

I liked B&B Amber in the beginning, but not toward the end.  I always liked Y&R Amber, especially her friendship with Katherine Chancellor.  I think Mrs. C saw her younger self in Amber. I think Amber saw Mrs. C as an example of who she could become.  Not the rich part, but the strong. forceful, independent woman who spoke her mind, and who was a lady-like bad ass.

I always assumed AF was several years older than Usher as that's the way they played it, but Imdb confirms she is only 4 months older.

Edited to add:  I always believed Andi and Ducky should have been together. In my mind 5 years later Blayne would have dumped her to return to his country club prep life.

Edited by La di Diva
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, La di Diva said:

I liked B&B Amber in the beginning, but not toward the end.  I always liked Y&R Amber, especially her friendship with Katherine Chancellor.  I think Mrs. C saw her younger self in Amber. I think Amber saw Mrs. C as an example of who she could become.  Not the rich part, but the strong. forceful, independent woman who spoke her mind, and who was a lady-like bad ass.

Yes, this. Loved Amber helping Katharine write her memoirs though I did hate how low she went with Cane. It was just dumb.  I do remember being confused with the Deacon and Little D stuff towards the end of that time - I had never seen anything more than commercials for B&B back then.  (And now I watch B&B and haven't seen Y&R in 4 or 5 years... funny how things work out.)

• Love 3

Recap for Mon. 3/10/17:

We open at FC where Nosy McGee is still listening at the POD (and yes, TPTB are totally dirty-lurking at this board! We suspected that already with Eric calling Waffles out for waffling but this just confirms it).

Quinn is explaining to Ridge that the fugly necklace with the misfit stones is just one of the pieces for the show and that he'll have to approve the others before they fly down under. Is he going to have to personally inspect all the other pieces the way he's personally inspecting this one, Quinn?

Ridge: "Are they all as exquisite as this one?"

Quinn, eyefucking Ridge: "I'm proud of the line but this piece is my favorite."

Ridge, eyefucking her right back: "The way this looks on you...it's my favorite, too."

You could crack the sexual tension with a whip. I'm sure Quinn keeps one in her desk drawer.

They discuss Run out of Steam Wedding 3.0 and Quinn confirms Wyatt won't be coming. She tosses out a throwaway line about him moving on and finding someone else. Apparently, Quinn couldn't care less about her one and only son now that she has Eric's son to play with.

Ridge: "Wyatt is smart enough to know that some people just need to be together."

Quinn: "Like you and Brooke." Fishing as always. She fishes some more by asking if they're really going to go off and have their own ceremony. Ridge tells her it will be "kind of private," revealing that Katie will be there.

Quinn is shocked to say the least but Ridge tells her that Brooke wants her little sister there.

Quinn muses that she needs her there to bring her something borrowed and blue and all that jazz. I should think Brooke would have those items stockpiled by now.

Ridge: "When you get married, you can use all the help you can get." When someone gets married to you, you mean, Ridge.

They are still eyefucking each other when a movement in the mirror (probably Katie shaking her head) catches Quinn's eye and she turns around. Katie struts in like she owns the place, smug as smug can be.

Quinn-eavesdrop-BB-HW.jpg

Quinn's face: "FUUUUUUUUUUCK."

Ridge-peeping-Katie-BB-HW-300x175.jpg

Ridge's face: "Ruh roh!"

Katie's face:

7668be284110f8595614cd8ac4a031cf.jpg

Katie tells them that she didn't mean to eavesdrop and goes into a long exposition about looking for her purse. Although for once, Katie really isn't the one who needs to explain herself. Not to mention, I doubt either Quinn or Ridge are listening to anything but the sound of their racing pulses drumming in their heads.

Katie: "I was just backstage with Brooke, looking at her beautiful wedding gown. I wanted to take a picture but I forgot my phone. I found it though." A long pause and look at the two of them and doing some math in her head. "I need to get back to Brooke." A last parting shot over her shoulder as she sashays out. "I'll see you around."

You can see Quinn visibly stop herself from chasing after her. "I don't like the way she was looking at us...what does it mean, she needs to get back to Brooke?"

Ridge, trying to calm her down, as usual, "I'm sure she just wanted to take a picture."

Quinn: "There's more to it. How long was she watching us?" Long enough to bust your lying, cheating, cold, dead-beating, two-timing, double dealing, mean mistreating, not-so-loving hearts.

Backstage, Steffy and Liam confirm that Katie is welcome at their wedding, even though Steffy tried to steal Katie's then-husband a time or two. Brooke is pleased and can't imagine anything better than having her sister there when she recommits herself to Ridge. Until the question "does anyone object?" is asked. Because I'm sure Katie will if she doesn't spill the tea about Quidge sooner.

Charlie is continuing to be the one-trick nasty napkin pony and is talking about setting up a sting operation and that is just laughable. Pam snaps at him, calling his plan "dangerous." 

She, Charlie, Rick, Maya, Nicole and RJ busy themselves with decorating the design office for yet another wedding shower for Liam and Steffy and come on!  

Steffy and Liam enter the darkened office and everyone jumps out to surprise them. 

Congratulations are expressed. Champagne is poured.

v0065_s-200x150.gif

Katie arrives backstage where Brooke has tried on her wedding gown. So much for it not being white because it looks pretty darn white to me. Not Crest Whitestrips white but close enough.

It is pretty though, except I'm not crazy about the sleeves. I wonder if we're seeing the dress now because it will never make it down the aisle?

Katie looks very uncomfortable and squirmy, but she plasters on her best smile, telling Brooke that "Ridge should consider himself the luckiest man in the world."

Brooke: "We will finally have a life together." Okay, what exactly is going to be different about this time?

Katie snaps a photo of Brooke in the dress and says the "dress is beautiful because you're wearing it." Okay, that was kind of sweet actually.

Brooke shares that Liam and Steffy are totally on board with her attending their wedding.

Katie, weakly, "Great."

Brooke: "You don't sound excited."

Katie: "I'm happy to support you...I'm just (and this is classic Katie) a little distracted."

Brooke, who is changing out of her dress in the dressing room, assumes something came up when she went to find her purse. Something came up all right.

Right dick.

Wrong woman.

Katie: "I ran into Quinn and Ridge. They really seem to be getting along well these days."

Brooke: "It's amazing."

Katie: "I guess it happened when they went away on that trip together."

Brooke, oblivious, "I think so. I think things really turned around when Quinn offered Ridge to be co-CEO."

Katie: "I was so shocked that she did that." I'm guessing Katie isn't so shocked anymore.

Brooke: "He deserved it." Did he?

Katie: "I guess."

Brooke can sense (FINALLY!) that something is bothering Katie and asks what it is. Oh boy...

Meanwhile, the wedding shower is in full-swing and Steffy and Liam thank everyone and and pose for some kissing pictures. Ugh...

Ridge is still taking Quinn down over the Peeping Katie incident. 

Ridge: "We're a fashion house. There's nothing suspicious about that. I look at you as my father's wife the woman I'd like to fuck the shit out of. We didn't do anything wrong."

How both of them or at least their undies don't burst into flames between the eyefucking and the lies, I will never know.

Back to the main event - 

gR2oeu0.gif

Brooke is pressing Katie to tell her what's wrong and at first, she's purposefully vague, but then decides to tell Brooke what went down. 

Katie: "I saw them in the office and she was wearing a necklace for him. I...I know this was wrong, but I watched them." Brooke doesn't bat an eyelash at Katie telling her she purposefully eavesdropped. In fact, it seems she's interested in what Katie saw.

Brooke: Did they know you were there? Did you see anything?"

Katie: "I saw two people enjoying each other's company."

Brooke: "You said that Quinn had the necklace on?" And Brooke is likely thinking what Ridge just told Quinn - it's business, nothing more.

Sensing an opening, Katie confirms it and then some. "I did. He was standing close to her. He touched her."

Brooke, scoffing, dismissive, naive as ever, "I hope he didn't get frostbite."

Katie: "It lingered. It was intimate...and they acted like they were caught at something."

Brooke: "What are you trying to get at?" Is she really that fucking clueless? Nevermind.

Katie: "They were acting innocent. I  was shocked, too." And secretly delighted although she'd die before admitting it. Misery loves company, indeed.

Brooke: "I'm shocked....at YOU! This is...ridiculous!" 

Katie, steadfast, "I saw what I saw." 

Brooke, grasping at straws, "They were talking about a necklace."

Katie, shaking her head, spills the tea, in no uncertain terms, "I saw two people making a connection. I saw two people make a lousy excuse for something. I have a strange feeling...and this sounds crazy, but...I think there might be something going on between Ridge and Quinn."

Brooke is in shock and has tears in her eyes. It's clear she doesn't believe Katie and likely think she's out to destroy her happiness for Brooke's part in ending Batie 2.0. Or does she believe her???

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 9

I was so glad when Brooke started yelling at Katie. It's about time someone yelled at that snotty, nosy, unemployed, worthless human being. I used to like Katie but this one is making me want to stab my eyes out. Stop butting in to everyone else's business. Get a job, start a charity, take care of your child, do some gardening, fly off to Europe for a couple of years. As far as that love fest between Eric, Ridge and simpering Brooke? I changed the channel. 

• Love 10

Never mind.  I'm deleting my earlier comment as I now vaguely remember the whole Brooke/Stephanie thing coming up when Ridge was manipulating Brooke at the grave.

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 1

Screw that smug condescending self-righteous bitch and the horse she road in on.  After Brooke hands Katie her lunch, we didn't get enough of Katie's shit eating face, on today's show, so she just had to get some more shit pie by confronting Quinn.  Take Quinn's warning seriously Katie. Quinn has been known to push people into water and unlike the Seine, there are Sharks in Sydney Harbor.   

• Love 13

Brooke: "I'm shocked....at YOU! This is...ridiculous!" 

By what, exactly? That Katie would butt in and stir the pot or the idea that Ridge could be less than faithful to her?

Why must they dumb her down this much?

On Sun Mar 12 2017 at 5:15 PM, grisgris said:

I was so hoping that Saul would be gay.

Pffft. You'd be better off wishing for Brooke to get a clue or for Nicole to get a personality. 

• Love 11

Recap for Mon. 3/13/17:

Backstage at FC, Katie insists to Brooke that she thinks something is going on between Ridge and Quinn.

Brooke is furious: "Ridge would NEVER do something like that and neither would Quinn!" Well, they can and they did, Brooke. Brooke yells that it's completely ridiculous.

Katie seems stunned and what, did this not go exactly as you thought it would go, Nosy McGee? She tells Brooke she never would have come to her if she didn't think it was true.

Brooke is as angry as I've ever seen her and warns Katie about spouting off these dangerous accusations mere days before her wedding.

Brooke shakes her head, in tears: "I'm so disappointed in you." Katie becomes the recipient of the familiar squinty eye as Brooke turns her laser-focus on her and questioning Katie's real motives in telling her this.

Katie protests that she is just trying to protect Brooke but Brooke isn't buying it. And neither do I. I don't buy that all is forgiven where Brooke and Bill are concerned and Katie was just lying in wait until she sniffed out some possible trouble in paradise so she, alone and lonely, could find an opportunity to get just a little more payback. Because God forbid anyone else be happy when she's miserable.

Brooke takes Katie to task for not standing by her and Katie attempts to apologize for upsetting her (and no one buys her apology because of course she meant to upset her). Brooke storms out, leaving Katie alone to feign disbelief for the benefit of no one but herself.

In the CEO office, Ridge and Quinn are interrupted by Eric.  He wants to speak to Ridge...alone.

But neither of them need worry. Eric is as clueless as ever. 

They have a nice, heartwarming chat. Well, as nice and heartwarming as a chat can be when one party doesn't know the other is lying through his teeth.

Eric reiterates how happy he is to see that Ridge and his wife have established a relationship.

Ridge: "Everything good in me comes from you." 

The two men hug.

Brooke appears then, clearly masking the argument she just had with Katie, and is all smiles and giggles, pleased to see Ridge and Eric so close. I'm sure their embrace reaffirms her belief that nothing is going on with Ridge and Quinn. I mean, who hugs their father, then messes around with their father's wife the moment his back is turned? Oh, that's right. Ridge.

Eric is continuing to go on and on (and on) about how pleased he is that Ridge made nice with Quinn.

Ridge is clearly uncomfortable and squirmy, which neither Eric nor Brooke pick up on. He chalks it up to listening to Quinn tell her story and that he appreciates how much she loves Eric.

It's clearly hug it out day at FC because Brooke and Eric hug next with big grins and I just want to tattoo IDIOT on their foreheads. 

Brooke: "This is a golden era for our family." Eric agrees and wants to focus on moving forward.

In the FC design office, Quinn takes a moment to compliment the work Ivy is doing to prep for the Aussie trip.

Ivy easily picks up on Quinn's "scary mood."

Quinn, snaps through gritted teeth: "I'm NOT scary." Oh-kay...

Ivy asks what's bothering her and Quinn is cryptic: "Some people just get on my nerves, especially when they eavesdrop."

Ivy, no dummy, immediately suspects that something happened between her and Ridge again. Well, who knows what would have happened had Quinn not spotted Katie watching them.

Quinn: "We didn't kiss!" Wow - such restraint. Do you want a cookie for that?

She then goes on to reveal why she's so pissed off, complaining about Katie being a nosy neighbor who needs to stay out of her business. And while I don't agree with with Quinn and Ridge are doing to Eric and Brooke, it isn't any of Katie's business. If Katie were a loyal, loving sister to Brooke, then I might feel differently, but we all know Katie doesn't give two shits about Brooke. I mean, she practically sprinted backstage to share what she saw with Brooke instead of, you know, waiting things out to see if there wasn't just smoke, but fire. 

Katie walks in then - what great timing - and Ivy takes one look and bolts. Smart gal.

Quinn attempts to make small talk, commenting on Brooke's dress and then the conversation turns to the impending trip down under.

Katie, trying her best sister lioness act, warns Quinn: "Brooke's wedding needs to go smoothly."

Quinn just shrugs. "What does Brooke's wedding have to do with me?"

Katie: "I recall that you've been a troublemaker in the past and now, you're just downright chummy with Ridge these days."

Quinn deflects and puts Katie on the defensive with her own accusation about Katie having designs on her husband. And she's not wrong. Katie just stands there and lets herself be called the hypocrite she is.

Quinn warns Katie, whose facial expression gives no sign of being scared, not to make any more trouble or "you'll regret it."

Katie better watch her back because there aren't just sharks in Sydney Harbour (as someone pointed out upthread), there are highly venomous sea snakes lying in wait as well.

30th anniversary clips:

Hope gets locked in a gondola courtesy of Steffy and Bill. 

Liam is standing on top of a mountain and see this walking towards him.

7914724_f520.jpg

And when said creature asks him to marry it? 

Liam says: "Ok."

Stephanie dies with Brooke by her side. There isn't therapy enough to explain that nonsense.

Katie throws a shit-fit over Brill 1.0. There is much gnashing of teeth and smashing of photographs. Clearly, HT's direction that day was "thou shall not leave one piece of scenery unchewed."

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Stephanie dies with Brooke by her side. There isn't therapy enough to explain that nonsense.

The only way I buy that rubbish is as a goodbye for the fans of the show. Otherwise, no.

• Love 5

About the only thing that could salvage the Quinn/Ridge situation is if Deacon popped up, pissed that she is endangering their long con with this nonsense.  Because Queric is almost done for unless Quinn masters temptation and puts Ridge in his place and who really thinks that is going to happen?  (Not that marriages can't survive infidelity but B&B is addicted to musical partners...)

• Love 5
On 3/3/2017 at 8:18 AM, AussieBabe said:

ETA: How is Nicole now working in marketing? What degree does she have? How is she even in a management position? What the what?

A BFA of course, which, in Bell world means: Bang a Forrester And...

In 12 months it will be Nicole's huge forehead shining from the portrait above the mantlepiece. 

• Love 10

The worst part of this whole Quinn/Ridge story (I actually like their chemistry & I don't at all hate this storyline, although, RS has yet to have a storyline on B&B that I dislike her in, including cabin-gate, she's just that good), is that Katie is right in her suspicions. Ugh, I just wish she'd get knocked down a peg or 23. It seems like she's going to see every little Ridge/Quinn moment, too, & get even more suspicious. "Oooooh, they both ordered Ranch dressing, they must be banging." "See, they're both wearing blue, they're totally nailing each other." I like HT, but I just wanna shout to both her & the writers "you played Victor Newman's daughter in your teens, & more than held your own! Get your bitch on like an adult!"

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, nkotb said:

The worst part of this whole Quinn/Ridge story (I actually like their chemistry & I don't at all hate this storyline, although, RS has yet to have a storyline on B&B that I dislike her in, including cabin-gate, she's just that good), is that Katie is right in her suspicions. Ugh, I just wish she'd get knocked down a peg or 23. It seems like she's going to see every little Ridge/Quinn moment, too, & get even more suspicious. "Oooooh, they both ordered Ranch dressing, they must be banging." "See, they're both wearing blue, they're totally nailing each other." I like HT, but I just wanna shout to both her & the writers "you played Victor Newman's daughter in your teens, & more than held your own! Get your bitch on like an adult!"

Katie is right but given that she is obviously making a play for married man, Eric, and this was long before she knew about Ridge/Quinn, her snooping and spying and call outs makes her a hypocrite of the first order.

The only difference is Eric doesn't reciprocate her feelings. 

Add to that the fact that Katie isn't doing this to be a good person, a defender of her big sister - she's doing this to rub it in Brooke's face as punishment for Brill, to cause friction in the Queric marriage, and perhaps screw with Ridge for using her to punish Brooke for Brill even though she used him right back...and probably some hatred and jealousy of the apparently irresistible Quinn (aka ugly duckling syndrome).

This is not to say Brooke didn't hurt Katie deeply - she absolutely did - but Katie has assured Brooke and Bill and everyone else that will listen that she is over it and a strong, confident, carefree woman who is the bigger person who forgave her sister and her ex and welcomed the former back with arms wide open so she lost her right to play that card months ago. 

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, sarivon said:

A BFA of course, which, in Bell world means: Bang a Forrester And...

In 12 months it will be Nicole's huge forehead shining from the portrait above the mantlepiece. 

Naw. It'll be Lemonhead's smug face over the fireplace

• Love 8

I have to say Katie has a daytime Emmy winning stank face.  If the plane crashes and they wind up on a desert island ala "Lost", I sure hope Katie is the first one sacrificed to the smoke monster. 

Steffy actually looks pretty good today. I guess they had to bolster her up to somewhat compete with Ivy and Quinn.  

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Katie is right but given that she is obviously making a play for married man, Eric, and this was long before she knew about Ridge/Quinn, her snooping and spying and call outs makes her a hypocrite of the first order.

The only difference is Eric doesn't reciprocate her feelings. 

Add to that the fact that Katie isn't doing this to be a good person, a defender of her big sister - she's doing this to rub it in Brooke's face as punishment for Brill, to cause friction in the Queric marriage, and perhaps screw with Ridge for using her to punish Brooke for Brill even though she used him right back...and probably some hatred and jealousy of the apparently irresistible Quinn (aka ugly duckling syndrome).

This is not to say Brooke didn't hurt Katie deeply - she absolutely did - but Katie has assured Brooke and Bill and everyone else that will listen that she is over it and a strong, confident, carefree woman who is the bigger person who forgave her sister and her ex and welcomed the former back with arms wide open so she lost her right to play that card months ago. 

All of this. The Eric stuff makes her come off as self serving and the Brooke stuff makes look like she is holding a grudge. Taking the piss outta Ridge is probably the cherry on top for dumping her first, never mind that they were an even less convincingly in love couple than the human Ambien pills 

• Love 10

It is almost impossible to choose which Steffi wedding ensemble is uglier. 

I am more revolted by the black wannabe goth version of Cyndi Lauder look she did while interpretive dancing down the aisle to Liam. Queen of Ls face to feet and on a show about fashion and beauty, no less. 

• Love 4