Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I probably should've mentioned how idiotic it was to kill off Aly as Thorne's only child and being portrayed by one of the few young actresses with any talent. Oh well

Dang, wish I had mentioned that as well! Should've also asked 'What of Oliver?!'

I made sure to mention, don't write high stakes plot twists for drama only to ignore the consequences (Caroline/Thomas and Liam/Quinn).

So if Brooke is dumping Bill and Katie isn't touching him with a ten foot pole, is the $Bill's Stallion going to be barned up for the time being? Quinn is with Eric so he has no other prospect on canvas unless he takes back up with Steffy. All that construction of the nap room for nothing!

Seriously, I'd die laughing if Bill loses Spencer Pub to Katie, Ridge, and/or Brooke and the nap room ends up being used by Katie/Liam or Brooke/Ridge.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 7

I am more than a few days behind, but I just watched the Steffy horse clomping through Monaco and couldn't stop laughing.  It's very obvious there is going to be a lot of "I told you so" from Liam.  Liam and Steffy of course will end up together.

What was up with the completely random appearance of Ed Begley Jr, appearing as himself?  He was embarrassing, just spit out his lines so quickly.  He seemed senile.  Is he friends with Bradley?

• Love 4

TobinAlders, I totally forgot Oliver existed. 

This is probably an UO, but Oliver needed to be let go a long time ago if TIIC weren't gonna do anything with him. He became irrelevant the minute Liam walked on the scene and spent the next few years.pining over Hope until Aly came along, and was shoved to the sidelines even then. Unless he's going to be a spoiler in the sleep inducing Zzzzzzzende/Nicole. But I doubt it, as he's not related to Zende.

• Love 5

The actor who played Oliver is a better actor than the actors who play Liam, Wyatt and Zzzzzzzzende, so I'm not sure why his character always got shoved to the sidelines and then disappeared.  They should have elevated his character into a more prominent role.  But then again, I've given up understanding why Bradley does the things he does.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, blackwing said:

so I'm not sure why his character always got shoved to the sidelines and then disappeared.  

They did try to give his a family with Whip and Agnes? (I think her names was) but like with Deacon, once Oliver had his unfortunate sexual dalliance with Brooke, the male half of the pairing was made the bad guy/made untouchable and cut from the show.

And it is weird how some soaps will bring on a character with fanfare, make them frontburner and then after a few years they flame out with zero explanation. I think Oliver's days were numbered when Clifton was done with OLTL and B&B knew they wanted him and grabbed him. Otherwise he and Hope probably would've reconciled or he'd have moved on to Steffy.  Maya was almost this until they came up with a story for her with her past as Myron and decided to make her part of the Raya supercouple.  Oliver and Aly should've and could've been a big supercouple had they brought in a third leg of a triangle as Oliver/Aly had fans but you could see her falling for someone like Lil' Deacon or heck, even Zende but instead in fleshing out Maya's family, Aly and Oliver got cut.

Scott Clifton had several Emmy noms backing him before he came on board and a pretty nice following from GH and OLTL and then came out of the gate and won two Emmys for B&B.  Zach Conroy did not. So they went with the dude bringing you the awards.  However, Clifton got the better story of an orphaned boy finding his father while Conroy got the case of the mistaken cooter.

And Clifton given the right material is pretty damn good. He's just been stuck in triangle hell which is frustrating for everyone. I think B&B really thought they were shaking things up for him with the Quinn interlude but people reacted so badly they threw him back in with Steffy and Wyatt (rather than have Liam truly be torn about Quinn and want to explore his 'confusing feelings').

They don't know what to do with this trio without it being a love triangle so until they figure it out, or one of the 3 decides to leave (Kim Matula smartly bailed), they may be locked in this death triangle for a while longer. I do wonder if it's like when KKL wanted out of Ridge/Nick she got the rape story which was supposed to be different but just pissed off everybody, Clifton was given something different with Quinn which was another ill advised swerve so TPTB believe they tried something different 'and the fans didn't like it ' rather than they tried something stupid to be different and when it wasn't well received they had the excuse to go back to what want to write and feel 'the viewers want' - Wyffy v Steam

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Gudzilla said:

Did the survey include a "Clean Ridge" option ?

They've also lost control of Thomas' hair, it looks like it's trying to crawl off the side of his head.

Haha, I filled out that survey and one of my comments was that I know they won't fire him, but they at least should make him cut his hair and take a shower every once in a while.

I hope they actually do something with the survey results and make some changes.  Show is once again in the toilet.  Although I think it's been there for quite some time.  What they really need to do is to fire Bradley and have a new team take over, but of course they will never do that.

• Love 3

The thing about Liam that makes me see red right now is the mantle of victimhood that he is draping over Steffy, who, no matter how you feel about her, is not a damn victim.  His constant litany of how she was manipulated and a lot of his phrasing seems designed to convince her that she's a helpless victim, and that only he can save her.  I hate him so much I can't see straight.  I also hate her, because when a man who is not your husband keeps saying and doing inappropriate things, the best response is NOT to obliquely encourage it by never discouraging it in strong terms.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, nkotb said:

I did the survey and it was a great vent! I'm Wordy McWorderson, but I really ripped Nicole & Zzzzzzende as boring, Thomas as a rapist (although, I did praise the Sasha/Thomas potential as it's something different & I do like Sasha), praised Papa Avant & asked for more of him & absolutely annihilated the whole Steam/Wyffy storyline as boring & repititious, while praising RS & suggesting they figure out a way to rehab her, because while her character has gone too far, RS really is that good. There's even a question about whether the character is on "just right, too much, or too little" & it's the whole cast. There are actually some characters that are on for the right amount of time in my opinion - Charlie & Pam for example, but I really ripped that section, too. You'll feel better if you do it!

Do you guys have a link? I didn't see the survey and am gagging to respond to it! Thanks!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

Haha, I filled out that survey and one of my comments was that I know they won't fire him, but they at least should make him cut his hair and take a shower every once in a while.

I hope they actually do something with the survey results and make some changes.  Show is once again in the toilet.  Although I think it's been there for quite some time.  What they really need to do is to fire Bradley and have a new team take over, but of course they will never do that.

It's bizarre that B&B is the only soap run by a guy that was a part of the show from day one and yet he fucks up his own canon. Not as badly as the Y&R's post-Bell showrunners, or the ABC shows or whatever the fuck that was passing itself as ATWT for the last five years, but still pretty piss poorly.

Even if Bell could get fired, TIIC would only replace him with another hack, like recently unemployed Jill Farren Phelps, who'd fire Rena Sofer and KKL for being women over forty bring in Steve Burton to become Steffy's new love interest and somehow ruin the end of Liam/Steffy....which is like overcooking boiling water :/ 

Thing is, Bell WAS once decent. The first few years after Bill stepped down weren't a complete trainwreck, besides the Ridge/Bridget mess. And even then, the cast put more energy into that story than it deserved.

• Love 5

Here ya go, politichick:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_bold_and_the_beautiful/news/1005594/we-want-to-know-what-you-think-of-the-bold-and-the-beautiful/

I'm chomping at the bit to know who initiated the survey, who will get the results and what, if anything, CBS plans to do in response.

I chuckled at some of the "make Ridge wash his hair" comments.  Maybe somebody will also mention that we're tired of seeing half-clad bodies sprayed with oil/water working out during *work* hours.

I liked the energy between Thomas and Sasha. It was casual, but definitely opened the door for future conversations that dig beneath the surface of "how does this dress feel?" It would be great if they could start out by creating a friendship and building from there. I'm shipping it.

I know I am of the UO that I find Thomas attractive, but yes, he needs a haircut.

I'm all ears for whatever Ridge has in mind. But now were going back to the shell game of "who owns what percent?" I swear it changes daily.  I assume Ridge is going to push Katie to ask for Bill's FC shares as part of the divorce settlement.  Why would she want to aid Brooke? From the snippy remarks she made to Bill, it sounds like things aren't quite copacetic between the two sisters.

Anyway, ANYTHING was a welcome relief to no Steffy/Liam/Wyatt today.

• Love 7

News flash, Quinn is responsible for world hunger, global warming, and the Zeka virus.  

Steffy, restraining order for Quinn for what?  Put her in jail for what?  Liam blew his chance.  That's how he protected you and your family?  If Liam pressed charges, no Quinn and Eric.  Why is this also forgotten by Steffy?

• Love 11

To be fair-ish, Liam didn't blow his chance. He, like unfortunately a lot of rape victims was bullied to not press charges and made to feel that despite not being in his right mind so that he didn't fight back and Quinn didn't use physical force that he wanted it and was not a victim. Rather than face public humiliation against low odds of winning the case, he backed down in large part to just make it go away. B&B could've pushed the envelope a little by having Liam press charges and it become a public scandal but a) men recovering from rape isn't a story  to be covered in soap operas (still considered primarily a woman's genre) b) they didn't want 'fun' Quinn convicted of a sexual assault and c) they wanted to move on from the dumpster fire of a storyline ASAP to get back the stupid love triangle.

Steffy blaming Liam -another of Quinn's victims- for her grandfather becoming Quinn's latest 'victim'? Seems like a low blow. If a man blamed a female rape victim for not pressing charges against an acquaintance rapist who went on to rape someone he cared about, that guy would be blasted. And Quinn had the respect to not take advantage of a brain injury to get Eric in bed. He was lucid and lonely and dumb enough to hop in on his own. Liam didn't have that informed choice and so has a lot more emotional baggage to deal with over the situation. Also Eric is old enough and bored enough to not give any damns anymore.

If the show wanted to try to rectify this they could have Liam realize (for some reason I feel Brooke could be the one to gently point this out) that he was throwing himself so hard to get Steffy back because he was trying to force his way past a very traumatic experience by 'making things right again' aka get Steffy back. Getting Steffy back won't solve the actual issue. They could still accomplish this with once Liam gets Steffy back, he doesn't have a 'goal' to distract him from his trauma and it starts to finally hit him what happened and it erode his and Steffy's relationship and/or he has a breakdown. Liam should have a hell of a lot of anger not only at Quinn, Wyatt, and Steffy but also at himself for 'willingly' being Quinn's 'lover' and have a lot of things to work through. At the very least it'd be something different for Liam to deal with other than what girl do I fight Wyatt over today.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 9

I actually liked Thomas today when he was interacting with Sasha. I hope they become a couple.

Why would Ridge want Katie to have Bill's shares? She's Little Ricky's aunt. And let me reiterate how I loathe Katie and her sneering and smirking! 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Blondie said:

I thought Ridge/Steffy/Thomas/Bill's shares combined already had controlling interest in Forrester.  All they would have to do is go to Bill and tell him what crazy Quinn is doing and he would gladly jump in to put Ridge/Steffy/ and Liam back in ccharge. 
Are they too lazy to write a new script or do they think we have already forgotten.  Don't understand why they have to bring Katie in this mess.

Ridge hates and doesn't trust $Bill and $Bill is equally angry and mistrustful of Ridge. Ridge blames him exclusively for cheating on Katie by using Brooke (Brooke has never had any self-control or considered the outcome of her bad judgement on other's). This is Ridge's opportunity get back at $Bill for manipulating and emotionally abusing Ridge's two former lovers.

Katie getting $Bill's 12.5% of Forrester in the divorce settlement will take Spencer control out of the family business, and then Ridge can gather the majority of the shares together to vote Eric out of the CEO chair of Forrester Creations because he suspects Quinn is behind Eric's sudden interest in returning to leading FC and deposing Ridge for the Who's Doug's Daddy? debacle. Ridge is certain Quinn is schtupping lonely, feeble-minded Eric so she can wrest control of FC from the Forrester's -- At this point, I don't think that's Quinn's intent in being involved with Eric, but if Ridge decides to accuse and attack her with no direct evidence, Quinn could turn on a dime and take advantage of her situation with Eric.

Ridge involving Brooke in this scheme is the weak link to his success. Whenever a Brooke has been in charge of Forrester Creations for more than an hour, Steffy, Thomas and Ridge himself have become obsessed with taking the leadership of FC from her, and all the good work and feelz are thrown out the stained-glass window in favor of family tradition and dubious bloodline loyalties.

The other problem with Ridge using Brooke in his warplan is that The Golden Cooter is wayward, wants what it wants, and is highly susceptible to betrayal with The Stallion. Brooke is still in love with $Bill, making her vulnerable to betraying Katie a couple more times due to her own lack of self-knowledge and inability to compile opposition research durring her series of affairs with him. Brooke would willingly giving up Ridge's plan of Forrester Creations Domination while $Bill is twisting her nipples, and $Bill knows it. Of course, Ridge knows Brooke is weak when it comes to $Bill, and could use her to distract $Bill while Ridge takes control of FC while they are occupied.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
The shares breakdown of Forrester Creations continues to elude me
  • Love 4

Enjoying Thomas/Sasha right outta the starting gate. Now, if Show doesn't ruin her like they have done so many other new characters, I think Sasha could become an important part of the canvas. I like that she is not a Spencer, Logan, or Forrester, so we will have no quasi incestuous romances with her, unless Maya was to revert to being a male.......cripes! Just forget I said anything about that!

Bill sure was in a hell bent horny....I mean hurry, to get Katie to sign on the dotted line. Wow, talk about slapping a grouch when they are down. No one who has had any dealings with Bill should sign anything he gives them without having it checked out by opposing legal counsel, so good for Katie. And I was happy to hear she is ready to move on without any drama.

I don't understand what Ridge is thinking. Why would Bill be willing to turn over his FC's shares to Katie, divorce or no divorce? In his mind he has already given Katie quite a bit, but he hasn't given her any part of SP's. It seems Bill wants to be generous, but he doesn't want any ties to Katie outside of Will. He doesn't want to see her in the office everyday. He doesn't want her having any say in his business dealings. So why would he be on board with this? Yeah, he wants his divorce, but I think this will set Bill's Spencer Spidey Senses on high alert, and he will be sniffing for a rat, or at least some really smelly fish.

Shallow Notes:

I loved Brooke's blue dress, but found it oddly unflattering.

Really Thomas, high waters, loafers and no socks?

I see they have reverted to Katie's "Battle Ware"; this is the same thing she started wearing when they were split up last time after she took over SP's. Dark colors, leather, animal prints; I never thought they did her any favors, but that ensemble she had on was smashing! And her hair and makeup were as well.

I want Sasha's earrings.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Gudzilla said:

They've also lost control of Thomas' hair, it looks like it's trying to crawl off the side of his head.

34 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

Really Thomas, high waters, loafers and no socks?

I saw the men on The Bachelorette this season; I am sad to say that this ugly hair/man capri pants thing was going on there as well.

15 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

They don't know what to do with this trio without it being a love triangle so until they figure it out, or one of the 3 decides to leave (Kim Matula smartly bailed), they may be locked in this death triangle for a while longer.

Good for KM for leaving (I've seen her on Unreal and think she's really good there), but IMO the show really needed Hope (although not as much Hope as they subjected us to) & I don't understand TPTB's aversion to recasting.  Of course oily Ridge is a counter-example, but I think that was done more as a big old middle finger to Ronn Moss.  I remember the voice saying "The role of so-and-so is now being played by..." when I watched soaps as a kid.  I'm not sure what happened. 

• Love 7

Eric was forced out when Ridge got controlling interest of FC. GOK how Eric got controlling interest back so now they are having a redo of the same old shit.

Everyone has to control every other one's life. It's all about power and greed.  Live and let live and take care of your own shit. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Enjoying Thomas/Sasha right outta the starting gate. Now, if Show doesn't ruin her like they have done so many other new characters, I think Sasha could become an important part of the canvas. I like that she is not a Spencer, Logan, or Forrester, so we will have no quasi incestuous romances with her, unless Maya was to revert to being a male.......cripes! Just forget I said anything about that!

She's a beautiful woman and looks fabulous (even though that gunmetal mermaid dress was dated and stiff as paneling), and he looks like a Day 14 of a ragged 16 day camping trip in the Boundary Waters.

They're both tall and lanky, and they physically balance each other nicely. Felisha Cooper is the better actor, carrying water for Pierson Fodé in their scene telling him about Julius rejecting her from Day 1. He stands up straighter with her and that's a huge improvement. Why the very unkempt, snaggle-tooth Thomas is slouching around FC is an unwelcome change; greasy, sloppy Ridge is bad enough ... Thomas used to groomed, neat and pressed, even though his ties were never long enough with his shrunken suits.

• Love 5

Quinn doth speaks the truth putting Ridge on blast. Either there is more hair in his ears than on his head or he's to stupid to understand. First about how the family treats Eric and second that Eric and her are over.  Steffy and Ridge, the library lions of the Forester family. 

Isn't Bill a Billionaire?  Also, CA is a community property state so the settlement is just a bag of shells to him. Sign it sign it now, you don't need a lawyer to look it over. Katie might be dumb but she's not stupid.  

Wow, Ridge has enough money to buy 12 1/2 % of FC. I guess he accumulated this fortune because he never had to pay rent, for cars, insurance, or anything else in his entire life.  

• Love 10

With all the shares talk and Eric mentioning Quinn's business savvy, I wonder if it's foreshadowing something.

...I really need to stop getting my hopes up.

Edited by Zevim
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Quinn doth speaks the truth putting Ridge on blast.

That was a thing of beauty!  The only thing missing...when he was reminding Quinn how he is mean like his mother, she could have reminded him that he's just as mean but a lot greasier.

Katie, maybe if you turned the smug down to 11 you'd be tolerable.  I completely blame Heather Tom and her inability to play anything but snarky and snotty for making me loathe a character I should be feeling sorry for.

• Love 7

Indeed, ByTor. However, I have to slightly disagree that I'm actually feeling relieved/refreshed to see bitchy, vengeful Katie as opposed to the drunken weeping insecure shrew. You're right though, it seems like those two character modes are HT's strengths and the histrionics and puddles of black mascara are what bring on the Emmy nods.

I'm getting very tired of the constant montage/flashbacks of Quinn in the black hat. ENOUGH!

Anyway, PREACH IT Sister Quinn! ITA with every word she slung at Ridge.  She is 100% correct in that Sludge has been waiting for Eric to have the proverbial one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel.  I truly think that Quinn went into the *relationship* with Eric, fully knowing that it most likely wouldn't amount to much and she was OK with it. I also don't think she had her sights set on anything other than some decent male companionship. Now, Fishwife and Sludge have gone in to stir the shitpot and agitate Quinn, so who knows WTH is going to happen. I wouldn't quite bet the farm that Quinn isn't going to hold her own against or take down both Steffy and Ridge.

I'm kind of looking forward to a good old blows-to-blows melee with Quinn/Eric/Ridge/Steffy. But with these writers, it would last all of one week and end up with Quinn doing something truly heinous and getting off with a slap to the wrists.  It makes me sad, because if planned/written correctly, the battle for FC breaking waves and the strong undercurrents of the numerous personal vendettas, could make for some exciting storytelling that could virtually intertwine the majority of the cast.

... But then there was the mysterious text that Quinn received at the very end of the show. I assume it was from Eric???

Dream on! (Thanks, Aerosmith.) Sorry I'm full of the corny old cliche's tonight. We're in the midst of yet another brutal heatwave and I'm turning 57 on Saturday. I think I'm suffering from a feeble brain!

• Love 5

I took the survey and really got things off my chest.  I  mentioned that Ridge is too old for the scruffy, unshaven look and that his hair needs a good cut and regular washing.   I also said they need new characters because I'm sick of the pseudo incestuous realtionships with brothers sleeping with sisters-in-law and sisters sleeping with brothers-in-law, not to mention fathers sleeping with their former daughters-in-law.   I also blasted their writers for constantly writing woman as weak assed mental cases who seem to need a man to validate their lives.  

Now if only they'd do this for Y&R.  There's not enough space for all the things I'd blast them for on that show. 

As far as the high water pants and no socks look, I just read an article where P. Fode said he's a clothing designer and high end designers do that on purpose in order to showcase the design, and they don't want socks to be the focus. I have no idea what that means, but it's what he said.  He said he hadn't worn socks in years. 

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 4

I floved Quinn putting Ridge on blast, especially calling him a gold digger and saying he was upset Eric wasn't dying fast enough.  And really Ridge, saying you're as mean as Motherrrrrr Stephanie is not a something to be proud of.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Katie, maybe if you turned the smug down to 11 you'd be tolerable.  I completely blame Heather Tom and her inability to play anything but snarky and snotty for making me loathe a character I should be feeling sorry for.

This! Heather Tom's portrayal keeps me from having any sympathy for Katie. I just want to slap the smirk off her face.

• Love 4

Now this is the Ridge I know, this is the Ridge who returned from his year sabbatical in Paris proclaiming himself the prodigal son, shooting down everyone’s hard work and the success FC’s had achieved in his absence. A big part of me wants to believe that Eric is Ridge’s first concern, but I have watched long enough to know better. Ridge is concerned about FC’s, and he knows that what effects Eric, effects the company. I also noticed that Ridge isn’t happy about Eric’s new lease on life. That Eric is smiling all the time, and has that old jaunt back in his step. If he was truly concerned for his father’s wellbeing, then he should be happy that Eric is happy.

And the award for best smack down goes to Quinn Fuller! That is how it is done my girl; your barbs were sharp, but they were also full of truth. I was so glad that Quinn told Ridge about himself, and how wrong he and Steffy are to treat Eric like a doddering old man, who needs to be spoon fed and have his diapers changed. Eric may be the elder statesman, but he is still a vital, vibrant man, who is certainly entitled to not only his happiness, but to make decisions about his private life. And she called Ridge a golddigger! I don’t really agree with that; Ridge has been working at FC’s since he was a young man, and is a big part of why it is successful. But it still made me squeal and jump up out of my seat. Outside of all that, I believe this is more about CopterGate, and Ridge’s personal dislike of Quinn. While Ridge is busy comparing himself to his mother, he should take time to reflect on her lifelong campaign to keep Brooke out of his life because she was a “danger” to the family. Just sayin……

There is no way in hell that Katie is going to sell those shares to Ridge. Little Miss Spencer is full of spit and vinegar, and is still steaming mad at Brooke. Katie may be bitter, but she ain’t no dummy, and I am sure she can see the chasm between Ridge and Brooke is shrinking, that the great divide created by Bill and Brooke is closing. So, she isn’t going to be on board with anything that will make Brooke or Ridge happy; by stabbing Ridge in the back (and it wouldn’t be the first time), she will also be stabbing her sister. Katie not wanting to fight with Bill is admirable, but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t want to fight. No, I think Katie is going to unleash her anger, resentment, and heartache on Brooke. She is going to blast Brooke with a scorching wave of LemonHeaded rancor by doing something completely opposite of what she and Ridge are asking.

• Love 6

I'll give the show this, hard swerving Quinn into the Forrester sphere and into Forrester Creations business has gone far in making her viable on the canvas again.  Liam is a distant memory as an enemy and love interest, she's got Ridge, Rick, and Steffy (possibly Thomas) all gunning for her regarding their family business. 

Calling it now - in 3 months she and Eric will be married, he'll have a stroke (probably brought on by the stress of fighting Ridge and Rick) and will give control of Forrester over to Quinn while he recovers. If they go that route, hopefully Brooke will jump in as her business rival because she'll be damned if Quinn screw up her baby boy Rick's legacy.

Ridge called himself Stephanie's heir in terms of ruthless spirit, but it would be awesome if Brooke claimed it and went to town on Quinn because she learned from the best. If Brooke snaps her fingers in Quinn's face talking about how she could have Eric back like that, too? I would chortle.

• Love 11

Divorce drama only happens with Katie and Bill.  Caroline and Ridge easy peasy lemon squeezey.  In fact why did they get divorced if Caroline was going to take Douglas to "The Hamptons" away from daddy and find herself?  No talk about settlements. How about Wyatt and Hope or Liam and Steffy. The only drama we got was Hope hounding Liam for Steffy to sign the annulment papers.  Caroline and Rick are another example of no real divorce settlement drama. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Divorce drama only happens with Katie and Bill.  Caroline and Ridge easy peasy lemon squeezey.  In fact why did they get divorced if Caroline was going to take Douglas to "The Hamptons" away from daddy and find herself?  No talk about settlements. How about Wyatt and Hope or Liam and Steffy. The only drama we got was Hope hounding Liam for Steffy to sign the annulment papers.  Caroline and Rick are another example of no real divorce settlement drama. 

We got the drama of Rick N. Sane firing a weapon at Ridge's head and his mini dictatorship. That was more than enough.

The other part of that is, in all those other situations, the women involved were already well off before they were married and there were no kids involved. If anything, Hope and/or Steffy would be paying Liam alimony. Not much in the way of divorce drama there. 

3 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I'll give the show this, hard swerving Quinn into the Forrester sphere and into Forrester Creations business has gone far in making her viable on the canvas again.  Liam is a distant memory as an enemy and love interest, she's got Ridge, Rick, and Steffy (possibly Thomas) all gunning for her regarding their family business. 

Calling it now - in 3 months she and Eric will be married, he'll have a stroke (probably brought on by the stress of fighting Ridge and Rick) and will give control of Forrester over to Quinn while he recovers. If they go that route, hopefully Brooke will jump in as her business rival because she'll be damned if Quinn screw up her baby boy Rick's legacy.

Ridge called himself Stephanie's heir in terms of ruthless spirit, but it would be awesome if Brooke claimed it and went to town on Quinn because she learned from the best. If Brooke snaps her fingers in Quinn's face talking about how she could have Eric back like that, too? I would chortle.

All of this. I'd love it if Brooke and Quinn mixed it up and Brooke finally got a rivalry for something not related to whose man she "stole". Plus, I could see this being the thing that brings Rick and Ridge together to put away the knives and work together.

• Love 3

Poor Widdle Pwincess Puffy.  So delicate that Quinn has to leave LA in order to appease her.  Princess Hope never made that demand and she is the original princess not you.  Suck it up sister.  Glad Eric told them off and followed his dick all the way to Quinn's door.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

Poor Widdle Pwincess Puffy.  So delicate that Quinn has to leave LA in order to appease her.  Princess Hope never made that demand and she is the original princess not you.  Suck it up sister.  Glad Eric told them off and followed his dick all the way to Quinn's door.

I wish Thorne and Felicia were still around. Remember the shit they pulled on Donna who was The Worst Thing Ever? I'd love to see them have to eat crow and try to bring Donna back to Eric. And then Donna can laugh as she slams the door in their faces.

....seriously, where did Donna go? Is JG even on reoccurring anymore? Even aside from Eric, her two sisters are battling each other and she's needed to play Switzerland. I'll even take a two day cameo at this point.

But yeah, I remember Quinn being far nastier to Hope than she's ever been to Steffy, and Hope was carrying her frigging grandchild. And you're right, not even she demanded that Quinn leave town.

• Love 4

There was just so much WTF-ery in today's episode that I should've taken notes, but I do remember quite a bit.

1. Liam sure doesn't hesitate to blame Wyatt for Quinn's actions against Steffy & reiterate that Steffy needs to be away from Wyatt to truly get away from Quinn. Where was all of that bravado when his own father was doing everything in his power to get Liam away from Hope? He certainly didn't think his father's actions had anything to do with him, and he certainly would've never considered giving Hope up to get her away from $Bill. Also, Quinn hasn't actually done anything at all directly to Steffy (please correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall anything). I know, she "we was robbbbbbed" Steam, but they were split before that, that's not on Quinn.

2. For the limited amount of screentime they've had, I eleventy-bajillion times more believe Quinn & Eric are a couple who legit care about each other and enjoy each other, than I do about Steam or Wyffy. Eric & Quinn light up around each other, and I pray TPTB don't screw up this pairing. Best thing on right now.

3. I for real thought we were only going to see the back of Rick's head in the meeting for the entire episode and was disappointed when they showed his face. I like Rick more when I can't see him, even better if he's not there at all.

4. Having said that, it was nice, even though it won't last, to have Rick & Ridge on the same side. I'll never like Rick, but I'm glad that they're teaming together/getting along this one time, even if it's temporarily.

5. The best for last...when Rick said to Ridge "if you have any ideas, brother, I'd love to hear them", I was thisclose to spitting my drink out, ala $Bill at the beginning of the episode. I don't know if that was adlibbed by JY, but it was perfect, and for that moment, I loved Rick. Never have those words come from my keyboard, and probably never will they again.

• Love 11

As far as Hope and Steffy giving Liam a settlement, am not a sexist and would be all for it. I'm just trying to point out that there are no settlement battles except for Katie and Bill. 

Does Liam actually think that if Steffy divorces Wyatt, that Quinn would disappear off the face of the earth?  I could just see Liam, with his little beady eyes, looking over his shoulder, for Quinn, the rest of his life. 

The more and more Steffy, the master manipulater, and her minions protest, the more Eric is going to dig in his heels in keeping Quinn in his life and I, for one, are all in favor of this happening.  Fuck all the naysayers.  

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, nkotb said:

For the limited amount of screentime they've had, I eleventy-bajillion times more believe Quinn & Eric are a couple who legit care about each other and enjoy each other, than I do about Steam or Wyffy. Eric & Quinn light up around each other, and I pray TPTB don't screw up this pairing. Best thing on right now.

John McCook makes you weep while talking to a martini glass. Of course he can make you believe in the epic love of Queric over Wyffy :)

36 minutes ago, nkotb said:

The best for last...when Rick said to Ridge "if you have any ideas, brother, I'd love to hear them", I was thisclose to spitting my drink out, ala $Bill at the beginning of the episode. I don't know if that was adlibbed by JY, but it was perfect, and for that moment, I loved Rick. Never have those words come from my keyboard, and probably never will they again.

Because no matter what the internal family squabbles, when an outsider starts peeing in the family pool, the wagons are circled and everyone steps up to protect the family. JR and Bobby were always at each other on Dallas, but you better believe if ANYONE took shots at Ewing oil , JR and Bobby would pool resources to eviscerate you. Then go back to bitching at each other when it's over. And yet you still knew they loved each other.

• Love 9

^^um, TobinAlbers, did you just quote me twice AND bring up "Dallas" & JR Ewing, the best TV character ever? No really, JR was the best tv character in history. You are totally my new BFF!

You're totally correct about Bobby & JR (it still makes me weep that he's gone), but I've never seen that camaraderie between Rick & Ridge. Even in their biggest fights, we always knew JR & Bobby loved each other. I've taken several sabbaticals from our show & very well might've missed it, but in the times I've watched, Rick & Ridge have never acted brotherly at all, and I don't even think they like each other, let alone love each other. If it takes a "takeover from an outsider" to make them realize that they're brothers whether they like it or not, I'm on board. I'm over that pissing contest they have with each other.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Ridge called himself Stephanie's heir in terms of ruthless spirit,

Ridge is a thimble of weak tea next to Stephanie's Boilermaker by Firehose.

Neither RM Ridge or NewRidge have a quarter the resources, gumption or unflinching ferocity of Stephanie Douglas Forrester. NewRidge couldn't get his shit together enough to organize a busy-work position for Thomas when he banished him to Paris; he'll already out-maneuvered and outgunned by Quinn's absolute belief and support in Eric being the right man for CEO at Forrester Creations. 

but it would be awesome if Brooke claimed it and went to town on Quinn because she learned from the best. If Brooke snaps her fingers in Quinn's face talking about how she could have Eric back like that, too? I would chortle.

Brooke might snap her fingers in Quinn's face, but she'll pull back a bloody stump for her trouble.  

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, nkotb said:

^^did you just quote me twice AND bring up "Dallas" & JR Ewing, the best TV character ever? No really, JR was the best tv character in history. You are totally my new BFF!

Hee! High five!

JR was a one of a kind hero/villain that was a perfect combo of actor and character and writing that you don't see these days. Not on purpose anyway.

44 minutes ago, nkotb said:

Rick & Ridge have never acted brotherly at all, and I don't even think they like each other, let alone love each other. If it takes a "takeover from an outsider" to make them realize that they're brothers whether they like it or not, I'm on board. I'm over that pissing contest they have with each other.

Ironically, the last time Rick has warm fuzzies over Ridge was when he was missing and presumed dead and was found alive. Rick was weepy with Pam and said that from now on things will be different between me and Ridge. Which quickly went by the wayside when Ridge macked on his wife, but credit Rick for intending it at that moment!

And who indirectly brought about this moment of Ridge love? Quinn and her meddling.

Funny thing is, the underlying current I always feel is in the scenes with Rick and this Ridge is that Rick's resentment and anger at Ridge is in proportion to the love he wants to have for his brother but can't due to his resentment of his treatment of Brooke and Eric's favoring of him; TK actually seems to play Ridge with a mix of condescension and regret when it comes to Rick- like he knows that their relationship is really crappy, knows it's not entirely on Rick's childishness, but any temptation to relent is squashed when Rick plays the Marone card like a little bitch, shoots guns at him, Ridge remembers that Rick was in the car when Phoebe died (not his fault, but her distress over Rick contributed to her death) AND goaded him over owning Steffy's ass, and in general acts like a little twerp instead of a young man that deserves respect. So for some reason I actually sense a lot of love they want to have for each other but there's also sooooooo much hate and resentment on both sides.

What they need is to be snowed in at big bear and trapped and think they're going to die and they just both get off their chest their issues. Maybe Ridge even lets Rick take his best shots at punching him if it'll make him feel better and we get a lot of man tears and hugging and new understanding between them where they hate what the other has done to them but they can now let it go and forge a new direction in their relationship.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

You're totally correct about Bobby & JR (it still makes me weep that he's gone), but I've never seen that camaraderie between Rick & Ridge. Even in their biggest fights, we always knew JR & Bobby loved each other. I've taken several sabbaticals from our show & very well might've missed it, but in the times I've watched, Rick & Ridge have never acted brotherly at all, and I don't even think they like each other, let alone love each other. If it takes a "takeover from an outsider" to make them realize that they're brothers whether they like it or not, I'm on board. I'm over that pissing contest they have with each other.

They really haven't. At best, Rick showed basic human decency toward Ridge in his teenage years when Justin Tolkelsen was in the role, which even that got chipped away after Caitlyn got thrown in the mix and he was competing with newly SORASed Thomas for her attention. Then we got Kyle Lauder's Gorillick who started acting like a bigger entitled twat than Ridge and all the "You hurt my mom, waaaaah" baggage that he's never really let go of since.

That whole favoritism tangle worked much better with Thorne because they were closer in age, grew up together, started working at FC at about the same time and contributed equally to its success in different ways. When Thorne got pissed about being thrown under the bus for Ridge, it made far more sense and I actually gave a fuck. 

• Love 4

Funny all it took was Quinn to be hooking up with Eric for Rick to start calling Ridge "brother" and for them to be a team. 

Eric's the worst businessman ever, all anyone does in that office is personal chat and bring up their personal lives. He ousted Ridge over discussing his personal life in that office. Rick was ousted over his personal life in that office. Steffy is spinning in her grave of Eric, I wish he'd died and not her. He is the worst.

• Love 4

Eric, like Bill of the affair/nap room/lusting after someone he's not supposed to, is a do as I say but not as I do kind of Dad.

It's totally hypocritical but it's also hella fun to watch. He and Bill both when called out on their ish are like 'Yeah, and? I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do because I'm me and and you can't do jack to stop me!'

I want Pam and Donna to team up to take out Quinn-

Pam: You trick her up to the cabin on some pretense of a girls' weekend. She seems like she'd be into that.  I"ll make lemon bars laced with Ambien and make sure she eats one. 

Donna: Why don't I just knock her out as soon as she comes through the door.

Pam: That works too. We'll tie her up, douse her with honey and with any luck the bears will have finished her off by the time we're back in LA.

Donna: It'll be so nice to be on the other side of your sociopathy.

Pam: Sociopathy? Wow, Donna that's a five syllable word. Hope you didn't tax yourself too much.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 4

Speaking of "Dallas," (BTW, one of my all-time favorite shows. They "don't write 'em like that any more!") I thought that's where Donna went. I've heard Brooke and Katie mention in passing a few times (but not any time recently) that Donna was in Texas with Patrick Duffy, erm, I mean Stephen Logan (aka Daddy.)

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

Funny all it took was Quinn to be hooking up with Eric for Rick to start calling Ridge "brother" and for them to be a team. 

I'll take it. I'm so over their pissing contest and Rick's whining especially.  If this insta-relationship is what it takes to get the both of them to STFU, I'll forgive Quinn of all sins past and future. For reals.

:p

• Love 8

For the record, Walter White is the best TV character in history.

Anyway, as everyone has noted, Quinn has done nothing to Stuffy to elicit the hysteria she is showing. She knows damn well that Quinn wants her to be happily married to her son and would do nothing to change that. I wish Chickenhead would confront Stuffy with this fact.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 7

Ridge and the gang should know by now that Eric doesn’t like being told what to do in his personal life. The young’uns may not recall how it was, but Ridge, Rick and Pam sure do. Eric is like a rebellious teenager when it comes to his love life; the more you say no, the more he says go. And why all this hysteria? Not to mention accusations and innuendo that Eric is too feeble minded to know what he wants and what he is doing. They sounded like what they are; a bunch of sniveling twiddle twats, who all have their eye on the prize. Did it never occur to these Einstein’s that maybe, just maybe, Quinn and Eric have some sort of little game they play where she shows up in disguise? And that maybe, just maybe, Eric sent Quinn a private invitation to Monaco? We all know that is not the case, but the jury of his family sure didn’t. I was so happy to see Eric get offended, not to mention angry, that he is being treated as if he has dementia, or like he is senile, and needs to be consigned to a Home for the Aged.

I can almost understand Ridge and Rick; they both had up close and personal time with Sheila after Eric brought her into the family. But Sheila was on a whole other plane of crazy than Quinn. Quinn manipulates for her son, it comes from a good, albeit warped, place. Sheila had no good places; and her machinations were all designed to benefit her.

Dear Lord, Liam is now squawking to Bill about the terrible ordeal, and the terrible danger his little Puff Pastry has endured and is in? Then he goes over to FC’s? And Steffy just falls into his waiting arms? And what is her husband doing while she is busy canoodling with his brother? Oh, that’s right, he is over at the seedy motel telling his mom to take a hike. Wyatt, Wyatt, Wyatt, you may be an adult, but you have so much to learn about life, love, and loyalty. A child should never turn their back on a parent’s love because that is something that will last forever. You think you are in love with Steffy? I don’t agree. I think it is more about having the prize. And here is the thing about prizes Wyatt, they come and go. Your prize is a piece of first class no class; she has betrayed you in so many ways in your short marriage. You are going to eventually lose Steffy cause the girl just can’t be staying true to one man, and then what will you have? Your dad yes, but your mom will be MIA. And for what? To appease a selfish, self absorbed brat, who left you anyway?

Just as I suspected, Bill is suspicious of Katie’s motivations, and those suspicions are now heightened since he found out “the Dressmaker “ may be involved.

Raven hair and ruby lips

Sparks fly from her fingertips

Echoed voices in the night

She’s a restless spirit on an endless flight…..

You go Quinn! And you go too Eric! If it means I don’t have to watch the Pampered Prissies stomp their feet and howl about “their legacies”, and if it means I don’t have to listen to all that hot air coming out of Liam, and if it means I don’t have to watch a son destroy his relationship with his mother, and if it means I don’t have to be put to sleep watching Zende and Nicole have sex; then I am all about them. Just like Ridge and Caroline, Show has stumbled into something here. These two veterans light each other, and the tv screen up. It is clear how much they are both enjoying this SL, and it is so nice to have an adult romance, without all the pouting and the pining and the whining.

Steffy’s hair looks like it was styled with a weed wacker.

Rena Sofer is just as beautiful sans makeup as she is in full war paint.

Wyatt looked really stylish today, but it is strange that he doesn’t wear suits to the office, but donned one to break his mother’s heart.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 10