Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I loved Nicole sticking up for her sister and going toe-to-toe with Julius. Her most recent scenes of playing the protective sister and all-but-finger-wagging daughter have been her strongest to date and I'd love to see what she could do away from ZZZZende, who is too stupid to live with his comment (after Sasha tells him she's the product of an affair and Julius' darkest, dirtiest little secret), "Well, I'm sure he does love you." Seriously, go take some photos or something and cease with dispensing advice because you SUCK at it.

I also had to say WTF to Viv admitting Julius was outright with some other woman when he was supposed to be with her and that's why she married him? She has a strange sense of logic. 

I still can't wait to see Maya's reaction when she finds out Daddy's been a-cheatin' and he had the nerve to call her a disgrace, among other hurtful comments.

Katie clearly has nothing better to do but to stalk Ridge but this is better than seeing her booze it up and cry black-mascared tears to Bill or hallucinate that Brooke is prancing around. And, it's Ridge, whom I'm back to hating, so I don't care if she's making his life miserable.

Bio-father or not, Caroline needs to take out a restraining order against Thomas - he's got stage 5 clinger written all over him.

• Love 12

Yes! When she said 35 years of marriage and asked how many were lies? I wasn't ready for her to read him like a newspaper. "And I allowed you to throw my child away while you had this secret here in front of my eyes all these years." Come all the way thru, Mumma Avant. Oh the feels. This is one time I want Maya to actually say something.

• Love 11

I was surprised Vivienne went the quiet storm route in today's episode (and I'm still denied that bitchslap), but in hindsight it made perfect sense: it was a counterpoint to Julius's angsty and somehow increasingly melodramatic declarations that he did it all for her and to protect his "good name."  Anna Maria Horsford kind of went the KKL route, come to think of it, though she might have underplayed it a bit here and there.  But it was gloriously simple, and effective, and soapy as hell (and the fact that those scenes were given almost entirely to those two characters while Nicole and Sasha literally stood there like bumps on a pretty log was a nice touch).

And then, astonishingly, B&B successfully doubled down on the pure soap factor by having Katie the Wrecking Ball just waltz up to Caroline and blab that she was in on the secret--just so Caroline could bring her all the way to discovery via misunderstanding.  Oh, those damn boundaries...

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm glad Vivienne took Sasha's hand at the end and hugged her along with Nicole. It was the anger speaking when she lashed out at Sasha. No way she believed that a child could have come up to her and said "Your husband is my father." I still think it is ludicrous that they are having this huge family drama in someone else's house! There aren't any servants there during the day?

Thomas is creepily obsessed about that baby (cutie!).

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I loved Nicole sticking up for her sister and going toe-to-toe with Julius. Her most recent scenes of playing the protective sister and all-but-finger-wagging daughter have been her strongest to date and I'd love to see what she could do away from ZZZZende, who is too stupid to live with his comment (after Sasha tells him she's the product of an affair and Julius' darkest, dirtiest little secret), "Well, I'm sure he does love you." Seriously, go take some photos or something and cease with dispensing advice because you SUCK at it.

I also had to say WTF to Viv admitting Julius was outright with some other woman when he was supposed to be with her and that's why she married him? She has a strange sense of logic. 

I still can't wait to see Maya's reaction when she finds out Daddy's been a-cheatin' and he had the nerve to call her a disgrace, among other hurtful comments.

Katie clearly has nothing better to do but to stalk Ridge but this is better than seeing her booze it up and cry black-mascared tears to Bill or hallucinate that Brooke is prancing around. And, it's Ridge, whom I'm back to hating, so I don't care if she's making his life miserable.

Bio-father or not, Caroline needs to take out a restraining order against Thomas - he's got stage 5 clinger written all over him.

Caroline spit the bit today but in her defence she was being interrogated with that age old police tactic where it's implied that you know to get a confession. Brooke and Katie are experts in this field and think they have the right to be up in everybody's business. IMO, Katie wanted to see the baby was just a ruse.  

Mr and Mrs Avant really brought it today but Sasha and Nicole found it very hard to impossible to squeeze a few tears out. 

Playboy Thomas or big brother Thomas , I still find him to be a creeper. 

• Love 4

Did he... I mean... did he... Hold on, I need a second here.... 

OK, did Papa Avant seriously try to build up to his confession of having cheated and fathered a secret daughter who he kept hanging around the family as a "friend' all these years by comparing his indiscretions to "remember that time you bought a fridge that was too big?  Or the time you bought me bowling shoes instead of golf shoes"?  I...just... What????  He may as well have just said "remember that one time I came home from work, and it took like 10 mintues for you to bring me a cold drink?  Well, this is just like that, except instead of a cold drink, I boinked our neighbor, and, instead of 10 minutes, it's been almost a couple decades. Now, what's for dinner?"  

• Love 16

Well I'm glad Mrs Avant hugged Sasha but I still have to take some points away from her for the "you should've told me" crap she threw out. Blaming the victim is never cool, Viv.

I think Caroline would be well within her rights to punch Katie in the throat and then kick her in the crotch. Gah, what an effin busybody. Doesn't Katie have her own kid and husband to worry about? I guess next she'll demand to be told whether Ridge and Thomas know as well. Because of course it's her fcuking right to climb up Caroline's lady parts too.

Is this show on fiyah lately or what?

• Love 8

I'll cut Mrs. Avant some slack on the "you should've told me" thing, since she just found out, and it was heat of the moment.  If she's still saying that next week, it would be shitty. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Seriously. And if he decides he wants to play daddy, I hope they threaten him with how he also will be outed as a rapist. And that he understands that Ridge is still the legal father. He and Katie are both seriously gross and have no fucking boundaries. I hate them both. Katie needs to work on her own issues.

• Love 5

Katie and Thomas would make a very fine couple. Why the torrid nights they could spend crawling up each other's ass, looking for the juiciest, most scandalous dingleberry they can find! They could live a boundary-free lifestyle, clinging to each other like barnacles as they pester and interrogate family and friends who would, in all honesty, rather they fuck off. 

Get a life, Katie! A life outside a liquor bottle. A life outside Ridge's penis. I expect Thomas to be inappropriate, but I have slightly higher expectations for Katie. I can't even figure out how Ridge's snippage affects her life in any way. 

I...I am enjoying the Avant family drama. Not the surrogacy sideshow or the incidental Zende crap, but the good old-fashioned family secret coming to light. AMH and OB are just plain killing it. 

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Well I'm glad Mrs Avant hugged Sasha but I still have to take some points away from her for the "you should've told me" crap she threw out.

I think Viv just blurted that out of anger.  In fact, I was under the impression part of the reason for the hug was to show Sasha that she really wasn't mad at her and didn't blame her for the lies.  A tear or two may have escaped from my eyes when Viv squeezed Sasha's hand...may have :)

3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Caroline spit the bit today but in her defence she was being interrogated with that age old police tactic where it's implied that you know to get a confession.

Katie is just so damn relentless, like she's entitled to know everything (and nothing less!).  Ridge was convincing about the donor, but then he had to go and end the conversation with "this won't be spoken about again."  I don't even know why he mentioned the donor; once again "mind your own fucking business" would have sufficed.

1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

AMH and OB are just plain killing it. 

Because of them, dare I say I actually look forward to seeing the Avants.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 8

I also think that Vivienne was reacting to Sasha out of shock and anger. There is no way a child should be responsible to keeping a major secret like that any more than they should be expected to 'fess up another adult's lies to the injured party.  I'm glad that she took Sasha's hand when offered and hugged her. For once, I can say there was some good acted from both RE and FC. Limited doses of those two with seasoned veterans works, although FC is improving by leaps and bounds in her scenes with OB.

Those scenes were powerful for me because they hit close to home. My dad is/was overly preoccupied with his reputation and our family's "standing" in our smallish town. He never pulled a stunt along the lines of Julius, but it is hurtful to know that a parent places more value on that as opposed to his family. It really means nothing and has no pay-off. People are who they are.

I'm not understanding Katie at all. It seems so random and out of character for her to be so relentless with Ridge. She's like a dog with a bone. Logically, it makes no sense for the character to have any interest in how Douglas came to be. Her days with Ridge are long over and other than being related by marriage, Katie has no real ties to Caroline. It's not like they are close.

I guess the writers couldn't come up with any other way for the big WTD spill, so they had to try to mash-up Katie's drinking problem with the paternity secret.  I'm also insulted as a viewer at how we're being hit with a sledgehammer on a daily basis that pretty soon Thomas is going to know the truth. Having the character's personality turn on a dime like that is unconvincing and his obsession with the baby is downright creepy and not very convincing. We. Get. It. There could have been a lot of more interesting paths the bridge to the reveal could have taken, other than via Katie and her drunken loose lips. I think it would have been far more entertaining to having Thomas carry right along with his womanizing ways, then get the big surprise sprung on him.

Speaking of, is she suddenly cured of her alcoholism? Just *snap* like *snap* that? She blabbered something one day about resuming sessions with her therapist, so is that it?

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Caroline spit the bit today but in her defence she was being interrogated with that age old police tactic where it's implied that you know to get a confession. Brooke and Katie are experts in this field and think they have the right to be up in everybody's business. IMO, Katie wanted to see the baby was just a ruse.  

Caroline just had her ass handed to her in a Logan Manipulation Master Class.

I expect Thomas to stick his nose into the office to hear Caroline sputter and claw back that Thomas isn't Doug's father ... and the lies all fall down. Finally Ridge will be forced to get in the DNA Express Lane.

• Love 6

AMH and OB are making great tv. Hopefully, they will be put in their proper cater at next years Emmys. They should be in the running for Lead or at least, Support actor. Who would have thunk that another couple besides Eric & Stephanie would have a massive fight like that in the Forrester Mansion. It was so soapy and so good. A great 1/2 hour. Also, Katie Nancy Drew getting Caroline to drop the tea. A great cliffhanger. I can hardly wait to watch on Friday.

• Love 8

Considering the show's current A and B-stories, let alone the sheer insanity of the past two months, there's not enough strange in the world for how a C-story basically stole the show--let alone in such a low-tech fashion.  That said, the secret's finally out and we got two Emmy-caliber performances out of it...just in time for the A-story of Douglas's paternity to begin coming out.  B&B is actually starting May sweeps off right.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, grisgris said:

I'm also insulted as a viewer at how we're being hit with a sledgehammer on a daily basis that pretty soon Thomas is going to know the truth. Having the character's personality turn on a dime like that is unconvincing and his obsession with the baby is downright creepy and not very convincing. We. Get. It.

I meant to mention this. Except for the more than occasional declaration of how much he "changed", does Thomas talk about anything else besides that "kid?"  Does anyone Thomas' age blather about babies that much?  Geez, we're all going to get a Liam-like concussion over how we are being beaten over the head with this!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I meant to mention this. Except for the more than occasional declaration of how much he "changed", does Thomas talk about anything else besides that "kid?"  Does anyone Thomas' age blather about babies that much?  Geez, we're all going to get a Liam-like concussion over how we are being beaten over the head with this!

These are the writers' attempt at subtlety. Imagine if they really wanted to drive the point home. Sheesh!

Sledgehammer.png

• Love 8

Quinn mooning over Liam is at least consistent, as was Rick's needling of Ridge.  But Liam's comment to Bill that he "loved her like a husband...and she loved me like a wife" on top of his general uncertainty about the whole thing set off every red alert klaxon my head could conjure up.  Whomever it was that said that Liam's actually having feelings (if conflicted as hell about them) for his "Eve," take a drink if you're not already drunk.

What blew my damn mind, though, was Katie demanding an apology from Ridge--however briefly--for being lied to after steamrolling her way into finding out Douglas wasn't Ridge's child (for the moment) and then finding out Thomas is the father (for the moment).  Bitch, what?  But that did lead to an actual cliffhanger, though, with Ridge leading Thomas (bizarro conspiracy theory: PF's current haircut is deliberately reminiscient of Drew Tyler Bell's kinder, gentler Thomas) to figuring out the grand reveal on his own.  It wasn't nearly as strong as yesterday's episode, but it was still a good way to round out the beginning of May sweeps.

• Love 4

If Liam seriously hooks up with Quinn he will deserve her crazy ass.  If anything the crazy should make him keep his distance.  Feelings or no feelings.

When are they going to have Deacon give it up?  I see the guy sparingly and now I can't stand his scenes.  It's the same thing each time he is on.  They really ruined Deacon and Quinn which sucks for me since that is the only person Deacon is allowed to have scenes with.

• Love 3

Drew Tyler Bell's kinder, gentler Thomas

Relatively speaking, I'm assuming? We are talking about the same Thomas that burned Rick's house then blew up his car and for all practical purposes never expressed an ounce of remorse for any of it.

For me, Thomas has never NOT been creepy. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, ch1 said:

If Liam seriously hooks up with Quinn he will deserve her crazy ass.  If anything the crazy should make him keep his distance.  Feelings or no feelings.

Head injury or no, Liam is still Liam. With Ivy and Hope gone and Steffy making an honest attempt at working things out with Wyatt (for this week), that leaves only Quinn for him to stick his peen in. He's like Nick Newman, but with something resembling class in that regard.

I'm sincerely surprise TIIC haven't pair him with Brooke yet.

• Love 7

Brooke's literally slept her way through one family.  She doesn't need to make serious inroads on a second one.

That said, and apropos of nothing: in the eleven years I've been watching this show, this is the longest I've ever seen Brooke go without a man in her life.  I think it passed her post-rape period a couple of months ago.  Weird.

28 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Relatively speaking, I'm assuming? We are talking about the same Thomas that burned Rick's house then blew up his car and for all practical purposes never expressed an ounce of remorse for any of it.

For me, Thomas has never NOT been creepy.

I missed both of those incidents (were they before I started watching in '05?), so for me it was admittedly the tail end of the Amber thing...but then there was Gabriela, and he was a genuinely nice guy (if stubborn as hell) there.  But yeah--compared to either of the Thomases that came after him, he is/was definitely the gentlest of the bunch.

• Love 1

Hope probably got in the way of a Brooke/Liam pairing.

I have a question.  What purpose does Deacon serve for Quinn?  I don't like the reasons Deacon is staying with her but at least there are reasons but with Quinn all she does is insult him and seems disgusted by him (seriously - he can learn to be a gentlemen by Liam?  GMAB; I really need to see scenes where Deacon was a bastard to her) and yet when she got out of the closet in the cabin she wanted him to go with her.    So what are her reasons for staying with Deacon?

• Love 4

Deacon, as frustrating as it is, is/has been trying to get Quinn to come to soap Jesus while she's been hiding out in this motel somewhere in L.A.  And I think the show's splitting hairs with it--Deacon's never ever treated her badly, AFAIK, but they've had Quinn make the point on multiple occasions (exacerbated by her run-in with our dear Liamnesiac) that she got tired of bad boys and wanted a "gentleman" in her life.  This specific aspect of the whole WTHQuil saga, if handled differently, would probably have been the one thing it got right...or maybe the second, if you count Deacon's efforts to save Quinn from herself as somewhat redemptory (if mildly so, since he did cooperate in her deception before she pushed him off a cliff).

• Love 2

Katie, since when have you become the morality police. Oh, I forgot the Logan sisters are the poster children for morality and sensibility.  Of course Caroline is not going to admit Thomas took advantage of her Katie, you dumb ass, it's not very many women who want to accuse their son-in-law of rape. 

Did you know that Rick is a relative of Lana Turner?  His name, at birth, was Stomach Turner. If Rick ever took the stick out of his ass, he would be two feet tall. Yes, Ridge take paternity leave and I'll be CEO and Thomas would be head designer. Rick, you impetuous ass hole, Nicole is about to pop. I just can't take Rick. He reminds me of too many entitled jerks, I came across in business.

Come on Liam admit it you're still in love with Quinn physically and emotionally.  As for Quinn, those bangs are definitely not a good look on you.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, ch1 said:

Hope probably got in the way of a Brooke/Liam pairing.

I have a question.  What purpose does Deacon serve for Quinn?  I don't like the reasons Deacon is staying with her but at least there are reasons but with Quinn all she does is insult him and seems disgusted by him (seriously - he can learn to be a gentlemen by Liam?  GMAB; I really need to see scenes where Deacon was a bastard to her) and yet when she got out of the closet in the cabin she wanted him to go with her.    So what are her reasons for staying with Deacon?

If I had to guess, I'd say she keeps him around because, at this point, he's the only one in her life who isn't done with her.  He may not support her crazy, but he he hasn't turned on her, despite that whole trying to kill him thing.  I don't think she can handle being alone, so she'll take the company of the only person who doesn't actively want to see her punished.  

They were definitely going for a vibe of Liam having feelings for Quinn today in his scene with Bill.  I also got a vibe of "we're not calling this rape" from his lines.  I can't remember the exact wording, but it was something along the lines of "she took care of me, and we were like husband and wife," in response to Bill's suggestion that Quinn has abused him.  

I was someone who really wanted to see them go there with Liam and Quinn, but I really hate that this is how they've chosen to do it.  

• Love 6

I've always had a soft spot for Katie, the ugly duckling who will never quite believe she is a swan. She doesn't belong in the Douglas reveal story but I think she is there to be made even more unsympathetic when the inevitable boink between her sis and husband happens. Just my guess. 

• Love 4

How can they ignore the fact that she mindfucked him?  Of course they have wiggle room with the physical rape aspect but she constantly fucked with his mind.  There is no wiggle there.  Took care of him my ass.

• Love 5

That was a great scene between Ridge and Thomas. Well-written and well-acted, IMO. (Although I have to agree with comments upthread about how silly it is that Thomas has magically developed some kind of paternal instincts. The only instincts a young, rich playboy should realistically be having is toward the location of the nearest available single girl.)

Yeah, Caroline seems bound and determined not to say or believe that Thomas took advantage of her. I just don't understand it unless a) she blames herself, and/or b) she doesn't want Douglas to be considered the product of a sexual violation. I bet that's going to become a bigger issue between her and Ridge, especially if Thomas wants to claim his child. It could get ugly.

Quinn was staring at a picture of Liam. Liam was staring at a picture of Steffy. So where was the shot of Steffy staring at rotating photos of Wyatt and Liam? C'mon, Show, you should've completed the circle.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Bill C. said:

Brooke's literally slept her way through one family.  She doesn't need to make serious inroads on a second one.

That said, and apropos of nothing: in the eleven years I've been watching this show, this is the longest I've ever seen Brooke go without a man in her life.  I think it passed her post-rape period a couple of months ago.  Weird.

I missed both of those incidents (were they before I started watching in '05?), so for me it was admittedly the tail end of the Amber thing...but then there was Gabriela, and he was a genuinely nice guy (if stubborn as hell) there.  But yeah--compared to either of the Thomases that came after him, he is/was definitely the gentlest of the bunch.

This was in 2009, when Rick and Steffy were together and Thomas was trying to "scare" Rick away from her. 

As for Brooke, I actually didn't realize that. I think it's sad that these idiots can't find any other capacity for her besides the siren all men are in love with. If Ronn Moss hadn't left, Bell would still be trying to make Bridge happen. I didn't believe a word of Bell's "we'll see a new Brooke after Ridge" schtick and I wasn't disappointed when Brill happened.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Bill C. said:

What blew my damn mind, though, was Katie demanding an apology from Ridge--however briefly--for being lied to after steamrolling her way into finding out Douglas wasn't Ridge's child (for the moment) and then finding out Thomas is the father (for the moment).  Bitch, what? 

That absolutely infuriated me!  Apologize for not telling her something that's none of her damn business?  When Ridge said "Katie" as she was walking out of his office, I was hoping he'd say "Be careful when you cross the street *wink wink nudge nudge*"...and I absolutely despise TK Ridge, so it's REALLY something when I'm on his side.

3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I just can't take Rick.

I never could either, but I just find TK as Ridge so distasteful that I'd root for anybody but Katie over him.  #TeamRick

RS...I hope a) you are growing out those ill conceived bangs ASAP, and b) you find a good attorney to get you some pain & suffering $$$ for said bangs.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 7

ByTor, Word to your post X 1000. I absolutely cannot stand TK's Ridge.  How I wish RM would return. I wonder what he's doing these days? What rubs is that this guy gets to work more or less part-time. I know that RM quit for a number of reasons, but if being burned-out was one of them, well now we see it's completely possible for key actors to negotiate reduced workloads. SMH.

Anyway, I don't really have a dog in that fight with Ridge/Caroline/Katie. I can't get behind Katie for forcing an issue that was none of her business whatsoever. OTOH, Ridge has behaved like a complete jackass throughout the whole ordeal. First, he was belligerent and punishing to Thomas without being honest as to the reason why. Secondly, he bullied and browbeat  Caroline into cowering submission to keep their secret, even when she really felt it was best to tell Thomas the truth. Really, Ridge is no better than Mr. Avant, being that Ridge's main reason (or so he said) for not revealing WTD was to avoid "scandal."

Oh yeah. Count me on the "I hate Quinn's bangs" train. I don't know if the recent drastic changes in makeup/hair/wardrobe are to try to make RS look younger or soften the character, or what. It's not working. RS's face is too gorgeous to conceal with the heavy fringe. I thought her hair was beautiful during the Quiliam scenes. I was OK with taking the length up a few inches, but then the layers, bangs, etc., took it too far. I also liked her edgey boho fashion sense, not this prim and proper boring attire. Ugh.  She sure as hell isn't going to be able to compete with Steffy as the resident frump. (Grappling Brooke for that honor.)

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, grisgris said:

Anyway, I don't really have a dog in that fight with Ridge/Caroline/Katie. I can't get behind Katie for forcing an issue that was none of her business whatsoever. OTOH, Ridge has behaved like a complete jackass throughout the whole ordeal. First, he was belligerent and punishing to Thomas without being honest as to the reason why. Secondly, he bullied and browbeat  Caroline into cowering submission to keep their secret, even when she really felt it was best to tell Thomas the truth. Really, Ridge is no better than Mr. Avant, being that Ridge's main reason (or so he said) for not revealing WTD was to avoid "scandal."

If anything my dog would probably be Caroline, but that aside I'm actually kind of torn on this.  Ridge (and this is where I admit I kind of like TK!Ridge a little more than RM!Ridge; he's not as much of a full-time raging egomaniac IMO, though he certainly has his moments, and is generally calmer) admittedly was wrong for initially not telling Caroline why he couldn't (until proven otherwise) give her a child and breaking up with her over that, but then we hit Rape Night and...yeeeaaah.

Ridge wanting to punish Thomas for that, wrong as it is, makes a certain vicious sense in-show.  His browbeating Caroline into keeping the secret is where it gets muddy.  His case was that if it got out the resulting scandal would indeed destroy their marriage, which isn't impossible but still a bit of a leap--maybe more of a skip by B&B standards since people break up on the drop of a hat, but still.  If he'd said then that Thomas might come after Caroline's baby or something, perhaps...I don't know...I'm admittedly still way over in the "Douglas is really Ridge's child" corner by myself, since the show has gone so hard on this playing out as you'd expect up to this point.

(That said: unlike Julius Avant, Ridge definitely is giving Douglas as much attention as he can.  It's Thomas he's been keeping at arm's length.)

• Love 5

Mr Diva, who watches with me in the evenings on "Pop" network (but pretends he doesn't) said this about today's show  "So we had 2 days of great acting and now back to the stupid stuff"

He was blown away by Wed and Thursday's shows this week and says that OB and AMH are in a completely different show -- one that's good.

About today. Granted all this Ridge/Caroline/Thomas baby drama is pure soap trope, but I'm actually loving the reveal.  Mostly because I don't like TKRidge so I'm glad his scheme isn't working out.  But after today I see where this is going.  Ridge will admit that Thomas is the bio-dad, but he'll forbid Thomas claiming his dad status using as justification the stupid Caroline quote that 'everything that's mine is yours' ,  So basically he's saying 'I'm keeping Douglas as mine and there's nothing you can do about it'.

Not really sure why Ridge thinks that will work, but he thinks if he wants it and says it, people will fall in line.

I think Thomas will say no way and go for the paternity DNA test to prove his claim as dad,  Personally I think he is the bio-dad. Whether or not he pushes for shared custody -- who knows.  It would be soapy goodness for May sweeps.  Bu then maybe this new improved Thomas will let Douglas stay with CaRidge because  he realizes, as a father, it's better for his son. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, grisgris said:

ByTor, Word to your post X 1000. I absolutely cannot stand TK's Ridge.  How I wish RM would return. I wonder what he's doing these days? What rubs is that this guy gets to work more or less part-time. I know that RM quit for a number of reasons, but if being burned-out was one of them, well now we see it's completely possible for key actors to negotiate reduced workloads. SMH.

.)

Funny you'd mentioned this. By some coincidence, I found a fan video that was posted in January about a apparent rumor of Thorston Kaye possibly leaving the show, because of the strain of traveling back and forth to where his family lives. I'm assuming it wasn't true since that was a while ago, but TK did realize that for the last twenty five years that Ridge was a leading front burner character when he took this role? The whole disappearing for weeks on end thing irritated me with Billy Miller too back when he was on Y&R and despite the talentless hacks that have replaced him in the last couple of years, I don't fault JFP for not working around his ever changing schedule (he's way better off anyway. But I digress).

IIRC, Ronn Moss left over having to take a paycut. But from what I know about the guy, music is his first love anyway and he's spend the last few years with his band touring Europe and Australia. I think our own St3ph Forrester saw him in concert last year in Melbourne. But I agree that I wouldn't mind if he came back to the show.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, La di Diva said:

Mr Diva, who watches with me in the evenings on "Pop" network (but pretends he doesn't)

This is awesome!  My father used to pretend not to watch The Young & the Restless, but gave himself away when he'd walk by the tv and ask "How's Jack?"

• Love 5

.I'm admittedly still way over in the "Douglas is really Ridge's child" corner by myself, since the show has gone so hard on this playing out as you'd expect up to this point.

I'm in that corner with you. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, La di Diva said:

Mr Diva, who watches with me in the evenings on "Pop" network (but pretends he doesn't) said this about today's show  "So we had 2 days of great acting and now back to the stupid stuff"

He was blown away by Wed and Thursday's shows this week and says that OB and AMH are in a completely different show -- one that's good.

Yup, La di Divo knows what time it is.  You trained him well, girl.

It's still a little hilarious to me because, while OB's generally been the one consistent good actor in this story up to this point, even I wasn't expecting him to bring it like he did on Tuesday and Thursday.  Let alone AMH.  I mean, damn, was anybody expecting this story all about It's Sasha! to suddenly step up its game as hard as it did?

• Love 5

I never thought that the same show that gave Ronn Moss a career and generally been the butt of most hair model jokes would produce two of the best actors in daytime right now. Like Bill C said, no one was expecting this to be a good story, let alone the one that we'd all be most interested in....one that in standing up on its own merit andn not just because we're all over Steffy and Liam.

• Love 3

ITA. It's about time Bell and the writers got out of the kiddie pool and turned center stage over to some seasoned actors.  It also doesn't hurt that OB and AMH have some pretty impressive resumes to bring to the table. Even better, during their scenes "children are seen and not (for the most part) heard." 

I know it's not cool to rag relentlessly on younger actors. How else are they going to gain experience? However, a steady diet of them shoved down our throats with very little improvement -- over years -- makes that argument hard to swallow. JMW has been on the show long enough now to have made some strides and I've seen zero growth in her skills or the character. (The same could be said about KM before she left.) DB is OK, but pretty one-note and SC ebbs and flows according to the storyline. LG improved vastly, but seems to have plateaued.

So, yeah. This story of Sasha and the Avants it the best thing B&B has got going right now. Finally.

• Love 5

I remember a time in the not too distant past (I'd say right before Hope took over the show in the early 2010s) where this show swung to the other extreme and leaned on their vets WAY too much. And by "vets," I largely mean the idiocy of Brooke and Ridge with Stephanie running interference and Taylor being her usual sanctimonious self. Much like the other children on the show, none of them seemed to have grown much as people since the Bush administration....the George H.W. one. And it was equally tiresome to sit through.

But that said, despite the questionable talent of some of the younger set, there's nothing to work with. Unlike 30 years ago where we got to see the younger group grow and mature and make mistakes without Mommy and Daddy cleaning up their messes, everything is given to these damn brats--from Hope getting a custom gown for every one of her failed weddings, to Liam and Wyatt's positions to Steffy skating on every heinous thing she's done to everyone. She hated Hope for being a Logan; what's her excuse for screwing Ivy over?

Hell, Rick was in his formidable years when I began watching as he and Amber raised their kids, and none of that is referenced or has had any effect on the character since Kyle Louder was recast and TIIC decided to have him chasing barely legal tail. Soaps are about history and building on the foundation that's there, and it's ashame that the legacy children are wasted at best (Phoebe and Aly) or horrendous at worst (Steffy).

• Love 2

I don't know if is that but its a very unflattering look.  Long hair and bangs on an older woman really doesn't do them any favors IMO.  It was probably done to make her look younger for Liam.

Seeing her in the credits shows how much a short style works for her but I guess they want a softer style for her (was it a coincidence that when she went to see Liam she had her hair styled pretty much the way Hope always had hers styled?)