Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 1/23/2023 at 11:36 AM, Angeleyes said:

Somehow Bill managed to blame Brooke for all his problems, act pitiful, and have zero personal accountability all at once today.

So basically he's Ridge only slightly less abusive. Joy. 🙄

This actually isn't even that far removed from his core personality since that was a big reason Bill wanted to be with Brooke the first time around but Brooke is rightfully not having any of it. That woman has put her and those around her through hell and back.

3 hours ago, KnightStorm said:

The implication that Thomas is a better designer than his grandfather and Zende is ridiculous. They're really trying hard to cater to the psycho.

I get that the show is trying to play up Thomas as his actor has proven popular but surely there are better ways to redeem the character to a point that he can stick around? The show managed to do it once before.

• Like 9

OK, wait, so we had all those scenes of all the time involved in preparing to launch new designs for HFTF, and it hasn't been very long at all. But now, after exactly no scenes or discussion about how hard everyone is working to get the new designs ready, they've already had a new launch out for reviews? 

I'm not remotely surprised to see that Thomas is staying with Paris and that Paris and Zende are now "just friends." I totally predicted that they'd have Thomas and Paris hook up after he got the boot. But they couldn't do any of this onscreen? Because heaven forbid we lose a single second of the countless scenes of Sheila monologuing to Bill about how much he loves her? 

And I just don't buy that Thomas is so super duper special that the combined experience and talent of Eric and Zende just can't possibly measure up. I hope Thomas gets tired of waiting for their call and goes to try to present himself for them to apologize and beg him back, and they all just laugh in his face. 

Deacon, I have two requests. First, send Sheila away and just stay out of her mess. Second, put the glasses back on. Thank you. 

I swear if they're going to write some bullshit where Sheila and Deacon pine for each other while she has to stay with Bill to ensure her plan to remain free, I will vomit. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Oh, just look at Sheila, that little gadabout, a veritable social butterfly. I wanted to slap her forwards and backwards about a hundred times for laughing at Mike taking the heat for her actions. Mike is not my favorite person, I really feel sorry for the idiot more than anything, but Sheila has played him and used him from the very beginning. And now she wants to boast about how she always wins? Bitch, there is no victory when it comes at someone else's expense. Sheila can fuck off to hell. 

I realize Thomas is not employed at the moment, but he must have some type of savings, so why is he living with Paris. Oh, yes, of course! The anvils told me the whole story, and there was Zende's remark about how he and Paris are "just friends" now. I can see Paris pleading Thomas's case to all and sundry, right on the heels of those negative reviews, as if in any universe Thomas's design skills outshine his grandfather's. Well, business needs certainly supersede those of being a stalkering, manipulative, lying creep.

I had a dream that Katie starts having problems with Storm's heart, and Bill was not even allowed into the hospital. He was ranting and raving that she was "his Katie", and he had to see her to tell her how much he loved her. I woke up then, but I was happy because RoboBill was gone. 

• Like 7
  • Love 7

If ever there was a megalomaniac, Lurch should be included.  

Is Hope delusional by giving up her values for the sake of her fashion line?  Is she  placing HFTF above Liam and Douglas. 

Is Paris delusional for thinking, by blowing smoke up Lurch’s ass, that she has a romantic shot with him overlooking the fact that he’s a user and abuser?  I guess Paris also thinks that Lurch deserves a second chance for what he has done to her sister so he can do it to her.  

In the fashion world, it’s amazing how only one revue can be the end all be all. Wouldn’t you think that the buyers would be the deciding factor if the line is good or not?  

Deacon wants Shiela to “compare” him to Bill. Typical male ego but Shiela massaged his ego by saying they are the same.  Maybe so but not in the way Deacon thinks 😜

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

So, Hope started a fashion line to help promote her values to young women. And now she gets one lukewarm review for a new collection, and she wants to bring back in the designer who emotionally abused her son, placed a fraudulent CPS call to break up her mother's marriage, and manipulated her to try to seduce her and break up her marriage. Way to hold firm to those values, Hope. WTF? 

I still fear the show wants to put Thomas and Hope together at some point in the not too distant future. And that should just be a permanent no-go for Hope after everything he's done. 

I saw some speculation, based on that Liam/Hope conversation about the night Bill was shot, that we're going to get a reveal that Liam is really the one who shot Bill, and that Bill has been keeping that secret, but somehow Sheila found out, and she's using that to manipulate Bill. And at first I was thinking "OK, that makes some sense" (other than how in the world Sheila would have come across this information). But, if Sheila was basically blackmailing Bill into blackmailing everyone else, why are we getting the vomit-worthy lovey-dovey scenes between the two of them when nobody is around? 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I believe that Hope's reaction to one less-than-stellar review was
W-A-A-Y OTT. Hopefully, Ridge and Steffy will firmly veto Thomas returning to FC. I can't believe Thomas had the nerve to actually show his face in the building.

That theory about Robo-bill makes sense on some level. Right. Why would that random convo about the night Bill was shot come up with Liam and Hope? As for sexy Shill times, well, it's always Sheila who is the aggressor with the PDA and more. Bill always looks and acts slightly repulsed by her. 

Sheila always has been very pretty but I don't understand her hold over men. If Brooke's c***** is golden, Sheila's must be platinum!

I kept looking at JMW today in puzzlement. Has she had something done to her eyes? I am going to hope that her eyes look bigger and wider now because she's not wearing that heavy winged eyeliner and that she hasn't had an eyelid lift already. She's also been wearing that trendy "cold girl" makeup look. It didn't go with today's croupier costume.

• Like 8

Sheila thinks the problem is that she has been misunderstood? Hmmmm.......I know a lot of folks that have been misunderstood, but that hasn't turned them into raging psychopathic maniacs. They haven't "had to do something" to someone, and they haven't had to "stop" someone. 

What is Show about with this lunatic anyway? So, is she going to be the new "it" girl? Fluttering around, parading her freedom from justice? I think a Bitch needs to stay away from Deacon though and stop playing your fucking head games. You had him and you let him go so you could have your freedom, and now you are stuck in a horrible non-romance, with a man who is clearly repulsed by you, and who walks around in a perpetual zombie state. Well, miss sweetness and sunshine, that is the price you are gonna have to pay. 

Oh Hope, one bad review does not a line make. Do you honestly think Eric, in his 50 years of designing, hasn't gotten a bad review? And isn't one bad review better than working with a stalkering, lying, manipulator, who turned you and your mother's world upside down? 

Steffy should have busted Thomas's balloon when he was once again going on about Big Bad Brooke and told him that Brooke was now besties with their mother. I would have enjoyed watching his face crack. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 9

This HFTF is so stupid and complete plot contrivance to get Thomass back at FC with his crimes once again hand-waved so they save Hope's line.

Don't get me started on how in the world designs would have been sketched, sewn into existence, tailored/altered, and a fashion show (with all of the associated prep) would have occurred a mere handful of weeks after the last one.

Of course, this is the show that has $Bill Spencer following Sheila Carter around like a docile puppy. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

This HFTF is so stupid and complete plot contrivance to get Thomass back at FC with his crimes once again hand-waved so they save Hope's line.

It would be awesome if the Forrester crew just said "oh well, let's try to do better next time!" in response to the bad review(s), and double downed on their refusal to let Thomas back in the company.  I would love to see Thomas act on revenge start his own design house.  I'm partial to Thomas because the actor who plays him is one of the few guys on this show that can actually act.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
5 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

It would be awesome if the Forrester crew just said "oh well, let's try to do better next time!" in response to the bad review(s), and double downed on their refusal to let Thomas back in the company.  I would love to see Thomas act on revenge start his own design house.  I'm partial to Thomas because the actor who plays him is one of the few guys on this show that can actually act.

I know Ridge is on a walk-about but Eric is an amazing designer and Zende is no slouch and yes, to your point, it's one negative review. Why Hope and FC are giving it that much credence is beyond me, but then again, plot.

Matthew seems like such a sweetie in real life and he is a great actor (he's come leaps and bounds since playing Dummer's hubby in Y&R). It's a shame they are wasting him by continually painting him in the villain corner. They need to go the way of Y&R with Adam's redemption. Save Beth from a precarious situation or Hayes from Sheila's clutches. Not a total whitewash but something to put him back on the road to the light side. The last good thing he did was telling the truth about Vinny's death. 

• Like 12
7 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

It's a shame they are wasting him by continually painting him in the villain corner.

Respectfully disagree, this show has enough nice guys. I say they go full-on villain with Thomas the actor could certainly handle it.  I see a rival design house, with a mannequin girlfriend in the closet, and a custody battle for Douglas.  I would love to see Ridge go apoplectic.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 11
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Respectfully disagree, this show has enough nice guys. I say they go full-on villain with Thomas the actor could certainly handle it.  I see a rival design house, with a mannequin girlfriend in the closet, and a custody battle for Douglas.  I would love to see Ridge go apoplectic.

That's an excellent point - and I can get on board with full-on baddie Thomas. It's this wishy-washy crap that I detest. But maybe with hints of a little bit of a beating heart beneath the black exterior. 

And OMG, I'm /dead at mannequin girlfriend. If Passions can have a talking doll, why not B&B a talking mannequin (and not just in Thomas' head). At least we'd be entertained.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
23 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

It's this wishy-washy crap that I detest.

Word. I want to see Thomas reject his Forrester heritage and fully embrace his biological Marone, changing his name to Tomaso Marone, talking in an Italian accent, eating pizza at Deacon's Pizzeria and starting a search for his aunt on his Marone side, Diana.

• Like 6
  • Fire 6

Finn and the kids were cute. 🥰

I dont know why I thought Steffy was older than Thomas. I thought the twins were born before him. 

I think the actor for Thomas deserves better than mooning over Hope for years on end. 

Does Thomas even know about Sheila or the blackmail.

With Sheila on the show and free I dont think Thomas is evil or unredeemable. Sheila has Bill/Deacon panting after her but Thomas cant move on from his Hope obsession. Just annoying, the writing for him. 

No, to Thomas/Paris romance. As friends, only. 

You would think Liam/Finn would discuss their parents hooking up.

• Like 12

FC could have an America's Got Talent style Talent search for a new designer. The publicity alone would be good for the company...but no. Out of billions of people on this blue marble...only Thomas has the magical pencil...🙄

• Like 13

I think that's a great idea!

Other than that, Douglas could suddenly pick up one of his crayons and start designing masterpieces at age 7 or 8 (or however old he's supposed to be.)

Could Bridget reprise her skills as Madame X?

Let me guess, Sheila is really a fashion designer in nurse's clothing (or rubber mask?) What a redemption arc that would be!

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I saw some speculation, based on that Liam/Hope conversation about the night Bill was shot, that we're going to get a reveal that Liam is really the one who shot Bill, and that Bill has been keeping that secret, but somehow Sheila found out, and she's using that to manipulate Bill.

I'm confused.  Has Bill been shot more than once?  I thought Taylor shot him. or is she covering for LIam?

Lurch your promises are worth less than nothing. You don’t actually give 💩💩 about anyone but yourself. Besides, your apology, to Steffy, seems to be very insincere.  Yes, Lurch had changed (not) that’s why he’s easy dropping on Hope’s and Steffy’s conversation. 

Again I say, is just one review and they keep confirming it’s a review. Why haven’t we heard from the reviewer from “Restless Style”?  Isn’t “Restless Style” owned by Spencer Publications?  Couldn’t Liam or Wyatt, since Bill is now a zombie, to have their critic write a more positive review?  

HFTF is actually no more or at least its whole vision has changed since KM’s vision is no longer applies. HFTF is no longer ergonomic for the younger generation. It’s now become more the fashion just like any other FC creations. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

These designs that Thomas brought in are nothing like what Hope envisioned when she started her line. These look like the high fashion dresses FC has always been known for. FAIL.   

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I get it. There aren’t many designers in L.A. So what if the guy set up her mom to keep his own mom and dad together? Adult children use voice altering technology and trickery all the time. The important thing is Hopes fashion line. Why take your time before your next collection? 
Not to mention his manipulation of sweet Douglas, but go ahead Hope, bring him back.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

For fuck's sake, the line will go on!  Sales may slump for a bit, but unless the designs are absolutely gross and disgusting, you will still be selling dresses to your loyal customers. And eventually, Thomas and his magic pencil (love this!) will be forgotten. And maybe, just maybe, you should have waited a few months before rolling out another showing. Don't design houses have fall and spring collections? Or do they have collections for each season? In any event, it was only a short time ago that the big blockbuster showing happened. Seems very rushed to me. And very plot driven. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Normally there is a fall show, resort wear show (not all lines do this one), and a spring/summer show. Also, there are usually multiple designers working on a line with one or sometimes two lead designers coordinating those designs into a cohesive collection. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 4

Anyone else feel a slight anvil at Liam mentioning how much deeply Caroline loved Douglas, & how she was his only stability until Hope came into the pic? Wouldn’t it be wild if Caroline came back (we never saw a body), & was the one to snap $Bill back into reality? No spoilers, I just found her random mention to be odd, & am wondering if it could mean something. It’s not slap-you-in-the-face, like what I’m assuming is the deal with $Bill’s sword necklace, having a closeup & mention multiple times every day, just odd placement, to me

• Like 6
  • Useful 4

@nkotb that would be something I would watch. Caroline's return could throw a wrench into a lot of things. Sheila has never met or dealt with Caroline, who we all know does have a nasty, snarky side. And she was a favorite of Bill; maybe her coming back from the dead would be just the ticket to shake him out of his zombie state. She could also cause problems for Hope, and her relationship with Douglas, and even Liam. And there is no telling how her reappearance would effect Thomas. 

I like it!

• Like 10
  • Mind Blown 1

Hmm and IIRC, Caroline made a brief return during the Bill shooting. She showed up at the hospital wearing a disguise of a hat and trench coat and acting suspicious, but she soon went back East after that. I think that’s the last time we saw her. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

I wish Katie and co would leave Bill alone. Let the situation explode in his face. Instead of wanting to save him. 🙄 It reeks of the women being blamed for not wanting to be with him. Stop with the constant apologizing to him. I cant stand it.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3

I think it would be hilarious for FC to hire a snarky Christian Siriano-type designer to come in and offer assistance to the beleaguered HFTF collection and set everybody on their ear. But of course in "Bell"-air, gay fashion designers don't exist. 

Did that one only fashion critic write the dismal review? What was his name? Jared? I wonder what happened to him?

• Like 9
22 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm confused.  Has Bill been shot more than once?  I thought Taylor shot him. or is she covering for LIam?

I believe Taylor shot $Bill twice within a short period of time. Liam was in a fugue state or something and only thought that he had shot his father, and it was part of the who shot $Bill story arc.

• Useful 2
55 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

I believe Taylor shot $Bill twice within a short period of time. Liam was in a fugue state or something and only thought that he had shot his father, and it was part of the who shot $Bill story arc.

I was responding to a previous post by @KerleyQregarding some speculation that Liam was the real shooter of $Bill.  

• Like 1

Steffy having to talk Hope out of her idiotic, kneejerk plan to bring back Thomas was not what I expected.

I was cheering on Charlie (a first) to get his Thomas out of the building. Also, lurking and eavesdropping hardly show you to have learned anything. He's never sorry - just sorry he got caught.

Bill is going to turn Katie down (who doesn't want him back, not really, anyway) or Sheila will interrupt.

I'm so dang bored.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Why does Hope sound like FC will go out of business if her line isn’t successful.  Is HFTF now FC only line?  Didn’t Steffy have her own line?  Doesn’t Eric and Ridge still have the couture line?  Did they close their stores?  If HFTF had a very successful showing under Lurch, wouldn’t HFTF future have a shit load of orders to fill keeping the workers busy?  

Is the sky falling?  Did hell freeze over?  Did Steffy actually make sense today?  Yes she did by telling Hope that she would be compromising her values by forcing herself to work with Lurch.  Also, think about what this would do to your marriage. 

Charlie actually tried to grow a pair when he kicked Lurch out of FC.  But if Charley actually did grow a pear, he would have grabbed Lurch by his ear and led him out. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Why does Hope sound like FC will go out of business if her line isn’t successful.  Is HFTF now FC only line?  Didn’t Steffy have her own line?  Doesn’t Eric and Ridge still have the couture line?  Did they close their stores?  If HFTF had a very successful showing under Lurch, wouldn’t HFTF future have a shit load of orders to fill keeping the workers busy?  

Is the sky falling?  Did hell freeze over?  Did Steffy actually make sense today?  Yes she did by telling Hope that she would be compromising her values by forcing herself to work with Lurch.  Also, think about what this would do to your marriage. 

Charlie actually tried to grow a pair when he kicked Lurch out of FC.  But if Charley actually did grow a pair, he would have grabbed Lurch by his ear and led him out. 

Steffy talked Hope off the ledge (i think)

Katie, just say yes! 

35 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Just say yes Katie to get Sheila out. 

Beat me to it! I think Katie could actually forgive Bill for Brooke because years ago she was pushing them together and sadly she got what she wished for. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Katie forgiving Bill for Brooke is one thing but she shouldn't make a promise to reunite with him. I think Katie means one thing and Bill's interpretation is something different.

Shame on him for the emotional blackmail. I don't even remember Katie "walking out" on him. My last recollection of them breaking up was over the Bill/Brooke kissing video reveal. Were Katie and Bill even married then? 

If Katie gets back with Bill and when they eventually break up (again), he might even go more insane. But I guess at least Sheila would be back in prison.

For one of the very few times I've ever agreed with and supported Steffy's decision was today. I still can't figure out what JMW has done to her face and it's starting to bug me!

Glad to hear Finn lay down the law with Sheila. It's uncanny how she can twist ever word into something different. Truly delusional.

Can't wait to watch Thomas sitting at home alone waiting for his phone to ring. And good for Charlie!

• Like 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Artsda said:

Just say yes Katie to get Sheila out. 

Yeah, but Sheila is eavesdropping. If Katie says yes, then that paints a big target on her back. I hope show is not going in that direction. I'm leaning more towards Sheila cheating on $Bill with Deacon and then getting caught/found out. More macho posturing between the two guys. Then after $Bill finally comes to his senses it ends with Deacon telling $Bill, I did you a big favor.

6 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Glad to hear Finn lay down the law with Sheila. It's uncanny how she can twist ever word into something different. Truly delusional.

Or ever the optimist?

• Like 5

I am not up for any type of Sheila triangle, be it S/B/D or S/B/K, just one big NO. 

The only way I would support Katie reconciling with Bill is if Sheila is drugging him, and he can't help his current state of mind. Or, if Bill has full possession of his faculties, then I would be on board with Katie playing him. Letting him think she is recommitting, but only until Sheila is back in jail, with charges on the books that have been fully vetted out by the DA and not a corrupt judge behind closed doors. 

However, having watched Sheila and her antics for decades, my money is on a scenario where Sheila starts talking to herself about "I have to do something", and starts some type of attack on Katie. Maybe Bill will discover it and that will be his salvation. 

I don't care how it happens, but this nonsense needs to end. I am soooooo tired of watching Bill just stand there like a statue. He always looks like he is about to topple over. 

And one gold star for Steffy, who talked Hope back into reality. Thomas's balloon of arrogance is going deflate real quick and in a hurry. 

On 1/27/2023 at 2:00 PM, backhometome said:

I wish Katie and co would leave Bill alone. Let the situation explode in his face. Instead of wanting to save him. 🙄 It reeks of the women being blamed for not wanting to be with him. Stop with the constant apologizing to him. I cant stand it.

PREACH!

I am sick to death of everyone lining up to bark at Bill. You said it perfectly; let the shit explode in his face. 

On 1/27/2023 at 3:35 PM, Crashcourse said:

I was responding to a previous post by @KerleyQregarding some speculation that Liam was the real shooter of $Bill.  

Liam was one of the initial suspects; he hit his head on a tree branch and was having memory issues. And he convinced himself that he was the shooter. It was later revealed that Taylor was actually the perp. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 9

Great comments by everyone here. I watched this week. Hate the B- S story line, but so nice to have new dialogue, and more of the cast on the screen. My main complaints are still about the poor writing.

Steffy's reactions and support of Hope were refreshing. During the last fashion show, she was pretty nasty to Hope and kept saying (not exact words) this better be successful or else!  

The writing is all over the place. I can't help but wonder if consistency has no meaning to the writers. Characters don't need to be completely predictable and can be flawed, but I would prefer better stories over extreme personality changes. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 1/26/2023 at 8:02 AM, sugarbaker design said:

Respectfully disagree, this show has enough nice guys. I say they go full-on villain with Thomas the actor could certainly handle it. 

As Countrygirl said, they need to pick a side and stick with it. If they wanna bring him back on the hero side, fine, but given this the 4769420th time they done this about face for the character, this needs to be the end of it.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

Just like Steffy to cut off her nose to spite her face. She’s thinking of cancelling the interview with Eye on Fashion because she doesn’t want to give Spencer Publications any publicity. Maybe just maybe she could use the interview to hype HFTF and put a positive spin on the new designs. 

Question:  Why does the buckle on Hope’s belt look very close to the Dior logo?  It’s two D’s but it looks very similar to a CD. 

Katie Katie Katie, just go back to Bill and everything will be copacetic.  Tell Carter he will never be happy with her because she can’t give him the children he wants. 

Shiela is already spending Bill’s money by buying the expense outfit she is wearing. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

This storyline is a showcase for HT. Not so much for anyone else involved. 

Unless comedy is their goal, they really need to stop doing those end of scene closeup shots of Steffy's dramatic reactions. JMW is so laughably bad at those. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2

Today's spoilers:

Hope, Steffy, Taylor, Brooke, Katie, Finn, Liam, et al.: "I just can't believe that Sheila's out there roaming free. She belongs behind bars. (On a loop)

Steffy, Brooke, Taylor, Liam: "Bill (Dad), you've got to see that Sheila's just using you. Dump here ASAP! She belongs behind bars. Yadda, yadda, yadda."

Taylor: "I must do the right thing and turn myself in."

Steffy: "NOoooo Mom!"

Sheila: (Menacing stare and smirk)

Bill: (Blank stare, arms dangling limply from his shoulders)

Me & the rest of our gang here: YAWN! 

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 11

Taylor is just too special to be held accountable for shooting someone. I hate it when some people are too special to obey the laws and rules. 

Taylor going on about Sheila being bad, but she herself isn't and doesn't know what came over her. Puh-lease. Doctor, take an actual look at yourself and your actions.

Katie said now she knows the whole story. But I don't recall either Steffy or Taylor saying Steffy intentionally had sex with $Bill. And it looked like neither of them was going to fill in that blank. I guess they're just too special for that.

Good for Sheila for using it for all she can get out of it. It's the least that Taylor deserves.

I still would like to understand why $Bill is nearly catatonic.

• Like 10