Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, La di Diva said:

Of course, there is an evil part of me that wants the F-A baby to be Erica who falls in love with Douglas as a teenager.  Semi-incestous cousin lovin' but no actual blood ties

Right up TPTB's alley!!!

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

So Caroline feels that announcing Doug's paternity will cause a scandal that would follow Doug the rest of his life. What scandal exactly? They live in LA not some small rural community.

Maybe Thomas should have a chat with Deacon.  Isn't that one of the reasons given for Deacon giving up his rights to Hope?

As evil as this makes me sound, wouldn't it serve the rapist and his caveman father right if the baby turned out to be Rick's after all?

Because that was a super-short (6 months' tops, if memory serves) pregnancy. Details, details.

What would they do without their shiny, new Douglas to fight over?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Caroline is exhausted from keeping up with all of Ridge's lies about Doug being HIS SON.

Correction...his KID!  When he mentioned "the kid" to Katie yesterday, she used "kid" right back, which made me wonder if HT was mocking TK.

• Love 7

Does Bell think I'm I friggin stupid or what?  Why the hell does Rick go on and on about Eric removing him from the CEO position when Eric had nothing to do with it. Eric lost his power when Ridge got the majority of the voting stock.  I'm sure that one day we will see Miley Cyrus riding in on Ricks head singing wrecking ball.  My birth write my ass.  My house my ass. Eric is not dead and Rick is already planting his flag as he is the sole heir to Eric's estate.  

As it has been speculated, it seems to me, that there is no more need for speculation as Katie's ulterior motive has been revealed in a not so subtle way.  Katie telling Ridge that there is a special bond between mother and father just sealed the deal.  Plant that seed of doubt but will it become a seedling?  In Bell's world, I'm quite sure it will. Thomas/Caroline and Ridge/Brooke 6.0 or something like that.  But, the kicker is that I bet Bill has more feelings for Brooke than the mother of his child and probably any of his children's mothers.  Especially Quinn.  I give it a week and Blabby McBlabby will tell the secret to Brooke and than the game of telephone will commence. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, tricknasty said:

So Caroline feels that announcing Doug's paternity will cause a scandal that would follow Doug the rest of his life. What scandal exactly? They live in LA not some small rural community.

If the various scandals surrounding Brooke sweeping through all of Ridge's male relatives and the numerous others ones involving firearms haven't killed any respectability of the Forrester name and Bridget and Hope have managed to live past the circumstances of their respective conceptions, I think little Douglas will be okay. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

As evil as this makes me sound, wouldn't it serve the rapist and his caveman father right if the baby turned out to be Rick's after all?

Because that was a super-short (6 months' tops, if memory serves) pregnancy. Details, details.

What would they do without their shiny, new Douglas to fight over?

Team up to fight Rick?

that would be the best scenario soap wise, with everyone having egg on their face and giving the Raya Baby story some much needed conflict. Sadly, she and the third biggest prick Caroline's ever been involved with had been split up for far too long to make this a reality. 

Its too bad TIIC wasted a fertility lab mix up on The aborted Brooke and Nick reunion because the obvious sperm sample mix-up as they both attempt to conceive children at the same time writes itself. Imagine the hilarity had by all if Caroline had Rick's kid! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ch1 said:

Maybe Thomas should have a chat with Deacon.  Isn't that one of the reasons given for Deacon giving up his rights to Hope?

I seem to remember Deacon giving custody to Ridge off screen back when Steph got young Hope and Rj taken from Brooke. No doubt it's been retconned after his return after she was grown up, but I dunno what it is now. 

1 hour ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I'm confused?  Why would Caroline want a paternity test if she thinks Ridge had no sperm, didn't that make Thomas the ONLY option as the father then.  I didn't think there was a question in her mind or his.  

Maybe she realizes she lives in a soap opera?  

I'm so dying for all of Katie's meddling to blow up in her face.  

• Love 6

OK everyone needs to be done re: Thomas. If people are saying stuff you don't like please ignore them officially and be done with it. It's OK to talk about it when it gets brought up on the show but stop the back and forth saying the same thing over and over. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Katie telling Ridge that there is a special bond between mother and father 

That made me laugh. Katie wasn't exactly speaking of her own experience was she. ;)

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Imagine the hilarity had by all if Caroline had Rick's kid!

As soon as Caroline found out she was pregnant I thought it would be a real kick in the ass if the baby were Rick's, and to be honest that's still what I'm hoping for!

8 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I wish Brooke had asked little Ricky what was wrong with her mansion, the one he had grown up in?

Because I'm insane and talk to my TV, I said "Oh boo-hoo, mommy's mansion isn't good enough!" upon Rick's whining.  Isn't that mansion his birthright (take a shot every time you hear THAT word and I guarantee you won't be standing) as well?  However, I can't fault Rick for the "not a REAL Forrester" yapping, since it was yapped at him so much from them that he's a Logan, because I presume Logan DNA cancels out Forrester DNA.

With so much focus being on Caroline, it hit me that based on her romantic history she has really bad taste in men.  Maybe it will turn out that Quinn lied about Wyatt's paternity and he & Caroline can get together!

• Love 7

Now that I've finally been able to watch all of yesterday's episode: as on point as Rick's Jan Brady game is (and until Katie gets back into the sauce he's retaken the title from her), Maya needs to shoot him with a tranquilizer gun the next time he starts in on it.  Or drag him into the steam room.  Or go behind his back and buy him a house.

As for Paternity Lie '16, points for letting Caroline explain her side of it (and it being consistent--Caroline's had an epically lousy game face wherever Thomas is concerned, and IIRC she has indeed said on some occasion that she wasn't crazy about keeping the lie to begin with), and that's all on Linsey Godfrey and her amazingly expressive-if-occasionally-cartoonish face.  The problem is twofold: as usual, they danced around the events of Rape Night (Caroline saying that night was "complicated" just...wow), and the show was stone cold blatant about where it's headed.  Between Katie almost literally saying to Ridge's face "Thomas and Caroline have a child together, and that connection's probably stronger than you and Caroline's...have a good day" (you are working frigging overtime to make us want to hate Katie, aren't you, show?) and Thomas literally saying to Caroline "Ridge won't be happy with my leaning on you"...the deathwatch on Caridge's marriage has officially started, people.  I guess it's traditionally soapy, but I'm still not completely crazy about it.

• Love 5
(edited)

Ugh! How is that Katie is still roaming around FC like it's her fcuking job to stay up in Ridge, Caroline, and Thomas' business? Why didn't Ridge have her removed from the property? Why do they tolerate her nonsense? Is it because Bill still exercises some influence over who gets to sit in the CEO seat? If not, I just don't understand it. She is poisonous.

Maya needs to shoot him with a tranquilizer gun the next time he starts in on it

One thing that interested me about Maya and Rick's last conversation is how she sort of pushed back at him instead of automatically going into cheerleader mode like she usually does. I've been wondering how long that relationship would last if Maya ever started contradicting Rick instead of blindly supporting all his crap. I bet Rick would start becoming a lot less tolerant of Maya, her family, and their "issues". A custody battle between the Avants and Rick/the Forresters would be huge.

Maybe it will turn out that Quinn lied about Wyatt's paternity

I'm counting on it and I bet at some point Quinn and Wyatt would get together. After all, Wyatt can't leave one of Liam's conquests untouched.

Why would Caroline want a paternity test if she thinks Ridge had no sperm, didn't that make Thomas the ONLY option as the father then.  I didn't think there was a question in her mind or his.  

Miracles do happen. Ridge might've had one straggler who could still swim.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1

I thought LG did a great job selling the whole 'please keep the secret' plan to Thomas. I even thought PF did a good job with Thomas' very hard choice to give up his son to King Ridge (love that btw).  And I know that Caroline is positive that T/C/R can be a big happy family with Thomas in Dougie's life all the time - even if it's as his "brother".

The proverbial fly in the ointment is King Ridge. After this reveal there is absolutely no way Ridge will allow Thomas to be part of Douglas' life except in the most tangential way.  Ridge is angry that Katie and Thomas know, and terrified Thomas will let it slip, or show by his actions, he's the bio-dad. Plus KIng Ridge would hate it if people *cough Rick cough* knew he was sterile.

Ridge is going to forbid Thomas to have any contact with Douglas, and in his usual heavy-handed and imperious way he'll forbid Caroline to have anything to do with Thomas and to keep Douglas away from him.  I think Caroline will go behind Ridge's back to let Thomas spend time with the baby.  Ridge will find out and this will lead to a marriage blow up because Ridge will see this as Caroline betraying him. 

Caroline is in a no-win situation.  She wants Ridge to be the father in the world's and the family's eyes, but she wants Thomas to have access to his son. There's no way this will turn out well for the characters, but there will be soapy goodness for us, 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I'm confused?  Why would Caroline want a paternity test if she thinks Ridge had no sperm, didn't that make Thomas the ONLY option as the father then.  I didn't think there was a question in her mind or his.  

Whether Caroline admits it or not, Ridge outright lied or withheld information on his fertility on numerous occasions before they married. Since then, Ridge has been creating more convoluted lies to cover more questions about Doug, and leaving her out of the decision-making process by not telling her there's a new story she needs for continuity. Ridge is decidedly unpleasant about any questions she asks about his decisions involving Doug. He may say he loves her and is doing this to protect their family, but he's becoming more intractable and antagonistic -- My castle. My rules.

To add to her concerns, she's still being pursued by Thomas. He's got apologies for Rape Night on repeat, beating his I've Changed little tin drum non-stop and is all over Doug. His constant entreaties and goo-goo eyes at her and Doug have worked to soften Caroline's position about lying to Thomas.

I think Caroline wanted a DNA test to prove to herself that Thomas was the biological father. WTD? has been the only focus of her marriage, and it's wearing her out -- Ridge doesn't want to be reminded that he's (presumably) shooting blanks, and a DNA test proving Thomas was the father would have codified Ridge's failure to tell Caroline the truth about his fertility and protect her from his malicious son. There's also Ridge's real or imagined concerns of losing his position at Forrester Creations.

If the DNA test proved Ridge was Doug's father, they could drop the Defcon2 readiness and stop lying about everything. A DNA test proving Thomas was the biological father could be an opening for dente between them and Thomas on how to raise Doug without the lies and presumed scandal.

The problem for Caroline is that Ridge has no interest in what she wants. Ridge wants to be ignorant of Doug's paternity to keep punishing Thomas, to continue reproving her for not marching to his orders, and sharpen his rage to a finer point against both of them.

• Love 7

I agree that the CaRidge marriage is a ticking time bomb because Caroline, who never wanted to keep Douglas' paternity a secret in the first place isn't going to feel much less pressure even though Thomas has now been told. She resented having to keep the secret and was pissed at Ridge for putting her in the position (the telling him to back off and let her handle Thomas taking Douglas made that abundantly clear) and she was pissed at Thomas because of what he did that night, but then she knows she wouldn't have Douglas and it's just ugh! She's going to feel like she is in a tug-of-war between Ridge and Thomas because you know Ridge will want no part of the deal to keep Thomas involved in the baby's life. He's going to want him to stay far, far away. Even before Rape Night, there is something just off about their relationship and it seems Ridge barely tolerates his son. He seems to adore Steffy so I wonder what's going on there. It would be interesting to see the dynamic with RJ for comparison but we'd have to pull him out of mothballs first. 

Could Katie be any more obvious about trying to break these two up so that frees up Ridge for Brooke? Regardless of what happens, I never, ever want to see Bridge again. It ended when RM left and unless he returns, I can't stomach it. I'm not sure I'd want them to reunite even if RM did return. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Oh Steffy. Your feelings became so much clearer today. Quinn took Liam so you couldn't have him. I still haven't heard her say she loves Thirst pocket. Hell she even said they wouldn't have been married it hadn't been for Quinn. Meanwhile Thirsty was yammering on about how it was bound to happen. If he wasn't so pathetic, he'd ask for anullment. Steffy is clearly staying out of obligation.

And Caroline...the secret is out and I don't see anything good coming of it. Other than soapy goodness. Ridge's ego won't let Thomas be near the kid, and it's going to implode big time. Her look wasn't one of confidence and it's going to break her down. It was messed up how little Doug was made but Caroline has always wanted to tell him.

I seriously dislike TK's Ridge. I can't find anything to root for. He's hell bent on punishing Thomas, and it's sad to watch because had he told the truth about his vasectomy...it wouldn't be like this. I'm wondering who is going to spill that tea.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I think Caroline wanted a DNA test to prove to herself that Thomas was the biological father.

Also, I may be remembering incorrectly, but didn't Caroline say she wanted the test before Ridge admitted he was presumably shooting blanks?

• Love 1

Rena Sofer's bitchy bangs aside (OLTL fans will so get that), having her run to Steffy today for help with Liam was kind of...sane, if born from insanity.  That said, its real purpose was to illustrate Steffy's POV--to this point, AFAIK, she hasn't once said she loved Wyatt or loved being his wife and she straight up said to Quinn that if not for her she'd have never ended up with him.  Even her being the one to actually drop a dime on Quinn didn't offset that, let alone Wyatt's thirsty ass going to Liam for the umpteenth time to tell him to let Steffy gooooo she's his okay Marcia Marcia Marcia!

As for Caroline, Ridge, and Thomas...Caroline's still not completely on board with maintaining the lie, let alone Ridge's whole freeze-Thomas-out plan, but I do have to wonder if Show would be crazy enough to have her be the one to just finally snap and blow the whole thing up.  Obviously it has to be Katie, or even Thomas himself (and that whole leaning-on-Caroline thing...yeeeeaaaah), but having her just declare "I'm done, I can't do this any longer!" would be kind of a refreshing twist.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Also, I may be remembering incorrectly, but didn't Caroline say she wanted the test before Ridge admitted he was presumably shooting blanks?

Caroline told Ridge she was pregnant and was super excited blah blah blah, Ridge not so much...once pressed he admitted he couldn't be the father leaving Thomas as daddio.....that is how I basically remember it and why I have no clue why Caroline wants the test if Ridge told her he medically was incapable of fathering the child. 

Quinn walks in on Steffy and all she could think about is where is a tire iron when you need one.  Quinn professing her love for Liam pissed Steffy off more than the fact she kidnapped him.  Liam moving on is Steffy's worst nightmare. Wyatt your an idiot.  Going to Liam to  gloat over marrying Steffy is as redundant as Rick proclaiming Ridge stole his birthright.  Enough already. 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Quinn professing her love for Liam pissed Steffy off more than the fact she kidnapped him. 

Right?  The cops must have been thinking "We had to come out here for a cat fight???"  They couldn't have thought it was that important, though, since they didn't send Lt. Baker!

• Love 4

What I would like in the Maya, Rick and Nicole (the virgin) storyline is that they would take a plot point from the telenovela and have it turn out that Nicole was impregnated with the wrong donor eggs and sperm.  That would add a little levity to the show.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm catching up and I can't believe how good the Avant stuff is.  Loved the juxtaposition of Nicole and Vivienne's discussion with Sasha and Julius going at it.  

Sasha to Julius:  If your fine, upstanding character depended on a little girl lying for you, maybe you didn't have that much character to begin with.

Oh, you keep talking about that you 'gave me life'.  Well, your big lie of a life is what I gave you, and at the cost of me being a non-person.  It tears you down, belonging to no one, having no one who belongs to you.

Preach it, sister!  Maybe it's because I'm adopted, but I am 100% Team Sasha for LIfe.  This grown damn man emotionally manipulating a little girl into keeping a secret that big... I cannot find any justification for it.

Edited by minirth
Not enough vitriol
  • Love 16

Regarding Ridge, it didn't hit me till I saw an clip of him and his short lived relationship with Ashley Abbott (!) shortly after Brooke's rape and before he told her about why he was with her so much. He mentioned that the thing that always landed him in hot water so much was his conflicting loyalties. Brooke and Steph (and Eric to a lesser extent) is the best example of this, but it really does sum up why Ridge remained so popular. 

That, I think, is the element that is missing here. Even for the entitlement prince he's always been, I couldn't see original recipe Ridge ever cutting off his kids like this. Putting aside Rape Night being what it is, even in scenes where he's had conflict with his kids or disappointed in Steffy for her behavior towards Hope....Hell, even after the Boinkberry scandal, he hardly said anything to any of that IIRC, and certainly wasn't attempting to have him banished for hitting on Brooke. 

The hurt shown is more like Ridge is upset at his rival, rather than his beloved child betraying him. Not at all like Jack /John falling out on Y&R all those years ago over Jill. Probably nothing like Eric and Ridge from the early 90s, either.

TK brings all the ego of the character and little of Ridge's charm. That he looks like the polar opposite of a California playboy fashion designer is of no help. I'm not of the mind to want Ridge killed off, but there has to be some veteran from any other soap that could fit the job better than TK? Also, better writing.

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Let's say it again: No one put a gun to your head and forced you to marry Wyatt, Puffy.

I want Liam to tell the cops to let Quinn go just to see Puffy's face crack.

Are TIIC planning on recycling ALL of Hope's lines between Liam and Steffy? No one was robbed and no one has to get married two days after a break up. Geez.

What happened to Ivy? Did she get sent to parts unknown like she was a long lost Marone?

• Love 6
On May 12, 2016 at 3:58 PM, Anna Yolei said:

If the various scandals surrounding Brooke sweeping through all of Ridge's male relatives and the numerous others ones involving firearms haven't killed any respectability of the Forrester name and Bridget and Hope have managed to live past the circumstances of their respective conceptions, I think little Douglas will be okay. 

I thought that myself...but now wonder if it's because she doesn't want to admit publicly he was the product of rape or have a stigma following the child. 

Caroline can be very idealistic and almost...afraid of confronting her problems or reality. She was like that when she was interested in Rick and later in the end of that relationship. And this might explain why she's wanting to bury the issues with Ridge and Thomas and trying to like brush it off.  

(It's interesting lately when I hit the quote symbol to reply with a quote inside it doesn't register I have to to it multiple x). 

• Love 6

That's a nice take on it, Petunia...and it even gives a nod to the whole "The scandal would destroy us" excuse Ridge has been using on top of helping to flesh out Caroline's side of affairs.  The flip side is that the show's been downright paranoid about busting out the R-word, or even having Caroline say Rape Night was anything other than "complicated" (which, for better or worse, does have a precedent on this show).

The gag is that the show's gone so hard on both Ridge wanting to bury the whole situation and punish Thomas for what he did, and Man Brady whining about how Ridge needs to go down for screwing him over, that strike three--the show's general tendency, IIRC, to make this sort of thing about the men over the women--almost doesn't even register at this point.  It's that blindingly obvious where this has to go, and Caroline (or at least her marriage) is probably more collateral damage by the time we get there.

• Love 3

because she doesn't want to admit publicly he was the product of rape or have a stigma following the child. 

Problem is, Caroline isn't calling it anything like that and neither is Thomas. She seemed to me to be mainly concerned about a "she slept with her husband's son and had his baby" kind of scandal. If it turned into a sexual assault scandal, probably only Ridge would be the one to make it that way. I can't see him doing that unless there's a custody battle and he feels like that's the biggest card he can drop to keep Thomas from getting Douglas. Playing that card might destroy his marriage though since Caroline is definitely not trying to see herself as having been assaulted by Thomas.

• Love 11
(edited)

Problem is, Caroline isn't calling it anything like that and neither is Thomas

Thank you, Joimiaroxeau...a million times thank you!

Edited by MsTree
forgot to quote
  • Love 2
On 5/12/2016 at 3:58 PM, Anna Yolei said:

Agreed. BTW, who was the last Forrester baby born with no scandal?

• Love 1
(edited)

But to clarify, *I'm* still calling it that. I think Caroline is deluding herself and Thomas just doesn't want to own up to the horrible truth of what he did. In their minds, probably the lesser of two possible scandals is one where Caroline mistakenly slept with her son-in-law and had his baby nine months later. If anyone it'd probably be Ridge who'd take the other option but he likely won't do that unless he's desperate to stop Thomas.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Bill C. said:

I'm thinking it was the Twins, back when they were actual twins.

Yeah, I think so, too. Likely, Phoebe and Steffy were the only two children born into wedlock without a single question of paternity....which is the height of irony, given what a lowlife Steffy has become.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

But to clarify, *I'm* still calling it that. I think Caroline is deluding herself and Thomas just doesn't want to own up to the horrible truth of what he did. In their minds, probably the lesser of two possible scandals is one where Caroline mistakenly slept with her son-in-law and had his baby nine months later. If anyone it'd probably be Ridge who'd take the other option but he likely won't do that unless he's desperate to stop Thomas.

Thank you, Joimiaroxeu .

• Love 3

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:59 AM, Cupid Stunt said:

I think Caroline wanted a DNA test to prove to herself that Thomas was the biological father.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 2:01 PM, ByTor said:

You are correct, Bytor. Caroline hadn't been told about the vasectomy at that point, and was under the belief that since she had slept with Ridge prior to the breakup that she could be pregnant by him.

I think her second request for a DNA test on Doug was to settle the question in her own mind, as Ridge kept adjusting the Douglas Origin Story with new lies, Thomas was constantly in her proximity and all over Doug, and Caroline's own insecurity about keeping the secret and uncertainty with Ridge's dictatorial leadership over Doug.

Edited Friday at 9:22 PM by minirth. Reason: Not enough vitriol

I'm with you, Minirth.

Julius using emotional and financial blackmail on Sasha and her mother was unconscionable, but justifying his actions to her face to drive home his point makes me sock full of batteries angry.

• Love 3

Today's episode was...not bad, but a little disjointed.  Quinn's panicky apology tour went to 11 today, which was really only trumped by her straight up confessing the whole thing about her and Liam's cabin getaway to Lt. Baker (with hot dog)--but apparently not revealing Deacon's involvement at all.  This was counterbalanced by Liam...not forgiving her, since he did let her get carted off, but continuing to be privately confused about her.  I guess this is a slow burn to whatever they're going for here.

And then there was Nicole suddenly in labor--seriously, they skipped over the actual start of it?  Who does that?  Even if they were just trying to rush to the part where Nicole was left all alone in her hospital room (an echo of how she'll be out in the cold as "just" Maya's baby mama) and Soulverine was resisting Sasha's relatively gentle macking by being worried about her?

• Love 3

OMG it was so nice to see Caroline get her hair wet and get rid of her helmet head for a change.  That hair does not move!  Thank God she didn't look emaciated in her bathing suit like she does in clothes.  I just wish she would talk like a grown up.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Bill C. said:

Today's episode was...not bad, but a little disjointed.  Quinn's panicky apology tour went to 11 today, which was really only trumped by her straight up confessing the whole thing about her and Liam's cabin getaway to Lt. Baker (with hot dog)--but apparently not revealing Deacon's involvement at all.  This was counterbalanced by Liam...not forgiving her, since he did let her get carted off, but continuing to be privately confused about her.  I guess this is a slow burn to whatever they're going for here.

However long it burns, Liam looks like he's considering to let Quinn off the hook.

Steffy and $Bill will go ballistic. Wyatt will have to do some fancy footwork to keep Steffy grafted to his side, because she is not going to let Quinn get away with what she gotten away with so far. Steffy will froth and windmill and lose her mind over Liam and Quinn schmooping at the beach house (Will Quinn be pregative? Say, yes to the madness!).

And then there was Nicole suddenly in labor--seriously, they skipped over the actual start of it?  Who does that?  Even if they were just trying to rush to the part where Nicole was left all alone in her hospital room (an echo of how she'll be out in the cold as "just" Maya's baby mama) and Soulverine was resisting Sasha's relatively gentle macking by being worried about her?

What a strange way to start the final leg of the Surrogacy SL ... Maybe this is TIIC way of glossing over Nicole's emotional and physical attachment to giving birth to her first child, and handing it over to Rick and Maya ... No muss. No fuss.

Zende has some very funky facial hair fighting for attention with that wombat on his head. His hair has more fervor to resist gravity than he is able to professionally emote.

2 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

OMG it was so nice to see Caroline get her hair wet and get rid of her helmet head for a change.  That hair does not move!    

Her hair is always on some journey toward something else.

Thank God she didn't look emaciated in her bathing suit like she does in clothes.  I just wish she would talk like a grown up.

I always though she was very fit, with a well-defined musclclature. That coy, baby girl schtick is her claim to fame.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

What a strange way to start the final leg of the Surrogacy SL ... Maybe this is TIIC way of glossing over Nicole's emotional and physical attachment to giving birth to her first child, and handing it over to Rick and Maya ... No muss. No fuss.

That's a thought that didn't occur to me...would the show actually let Nicole just go ahead, hand over the baby, and bounce?  Has any soap ever done that?

• Love 5

I'm really happy that Rick had very few lines today. Rick was just standing there with his thumb up his ass trying to look important. 

I don't understand why Caroline is team Nicole and Zendy. At first, I thought it had to do with lying to Thomas but Zende  knows everything. Unlike Katie, Caroline was not obnoxious about giving advice to Zende.  Hey Zende, with Nicole, it's going to be out of the frying  pan and into the fire.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bill C. said:

That's a thought that didn't occur to me...would the show actually let Nicole just go ahead, hand over the baby, and bounce?  Has any soap ever done that?

Considering how PC every other aspect of Maya's transgender reveal story has been, it wouldn't surprise me if this is the case. The bulk of Nicole's drama has been about her milktoast non-relationship with Zende.

OTOH, this is still The Bold and the Beautiful and it still retains more of its core quirks than the other shows.I won't be shocked if Brooke tries pushing Rick onto Nicole if baby Raya starts crying too much and Maya doesn't bond with him/her fast enough. 

• Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

But to clarify, *I'm* still calling it that. I think Caroline is deluding herself and Thomas just doesn't want to own up to the horrible truth of what he did. In their minds, probably the lesser of two possible scandals is one where Caroline mistakenly slept with her son-in-law and had his baby nine months later. If anyone it'd probably be Ridge who'd take the other option but he likely won't do that unless he's desperate to stop Thomas

Since we're clarifying, whether or not Caroline is deluding herself...as long as she isn't calling it rape, then neither am I. My position has always been that rape is violent, and all about hurting the person being raped. And while Thomas MAY have taken advantage of Caroline, he did NOT mean to hurt her and by no means was the act violent. And since nobody was there to give Thomas a breathalyzer test, I still contend they were BOTH impaired.

Edited by MsTree
spelling
  • Love 4

Rape is not always physically violent. That is a misconception that needs to go away like yesterday. Slipping someone a roofie and climbing atop their prone body, for example, requires no extra force at all. 

Hey, you guys, the surrogacy storyline is still going on, and I still don't care. I might care in five to ten years when it's shockingly revealed that Nicole received some random swimmers and not Rick's premium manseed or we get an invented flashback to Nicole losing her virginity to Zende, making the baby his. Otherwise, the touching tale of Rick and Maya getting everything they want, no muss, no fuss, is not grabbing me. 

Liam is about to make the biggest waffle of his life, isn't he? Between Wyatt's extreme thirst and Liam's non-existent spine, I'm starting to think the Stallion's genetic contributions aren't all that special. Sorry, Will.

• Love 14

So what will happen to Quinn if Liam waffles?  Will she at least get court mandated therapy?  I just can't if they have her walk away and they try to play Liam love saves all type of BS.  Love doesn't help mental illness.  And honestly, did Quinn mean what she was saying or is she just a master manipulator?

So where's Deacon now that Quinn got arrested?  Will the writers even bother addressing it?

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Rape is not always physically violent. That is a misconception that needs to go away like yesterday. Slipping someone a roofie and climbing atop their prone body, for example, requires no extra force at all. 

Hey, you guys, the surrogacy storyline is still going on, and I still don't care. I might care in five to ten years when it's shockingly revealed that Nicole received some random swimmers and not Rick's premium manseed or we get an invented flashback to Nicole losing her virginity to Zende, making the baby his. Otherwise, the touching tale of Rick and Maya getting everything they want, no muss, no fuss, is not grabbing me. 

Liam is about to make the biggest waffle of his life, isn't he? Between Wyatt's extreme thirst and Liam's non-existent spine, I'm starting to think the Stallion's genetic contributions aren't all that special. Sorry, Will.

Agreed - it's definitely not always about violence.  And, in acquaintance/date rapes, the rapist would often contend that he had no intention of hurting the victim.  Some will even claim that they "made love," and completely disconnect from the lack of consent on their victim's part.  

Poor Will.  Can you imagine if he inherits the thirst, the spineless waffling, AND Katie's "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia" and busybody tendencies?  He's doomed. 

• Love 10