Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

I subscribe to a number of discount ebook sale newsletters. Just saw this book on one and the author name caught my eye and then...that description...  Do we think she's moonlighting as an auteur? heh. 

All We Ever Wanted Was Everything 
By Janelle Brown

Over one momentous summer, the three women of the Miller family face divorce, bankruptcy, bullying, and the pitfalls of the American dream. A riveting story that “reads like a sharp, contemporary twist on The Corrections” (Publishers Weekly). 

$1.99

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, taragel said:

I subscribe to a number of discount ebook sale newsletters. Just saw this book on one and the author name caught my eye and then...that description...  Do we think she's moonlighting as an auteur? heh. 

All We Ever Wanted Was Everything 
By Janelle Brown

Over one momentous summer, the three women of the Miller family face divorce, bankruptcy, bullying, and the pitfalls of the American dream. A riveting story that “reads like a sharp, contemporary twist on The Corrections” (Publishers Weekly). 

$1.99

This seemed interesting. I went and looked it up and it's not written by Janelle Brown of SW infamy. Instead, it's written by this lady: https://www.google.com/search?q=janelle+brown+author&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwie7Zr4o8_TAhVr6IMKHdQdDiUQ_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=615

(edited)
1 minute ago, taragel said:

Heh, sorry. I knew it wasn't her already, was just poking a little fun.

Fair enough! :)

Edited to add: The similarities are weirdly eerie.

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

This seemed interesting. I went and looked it up and it's not written by Janelle Brown of SW infamy. Instead, it's written by this lady: https://www.google.com/search?q=janelle+brown+author&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwie7Zr4o8_TAhVr6IMKHdQdDiUQ_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=615

Rats.  I was hoping it was the "real" one.  But, if it were, wanna bet the price would have been a LOT higher?

After all, anyone who thinks they can charge people $ for stuff that's free, has an inflated opinion of self, eh?

• Love 1

Did it seem like Kody was more in tune with his kids when they all lived together in Lehi and he did say he wanted them all closer in "the homes" on the cul de sac.  Even if they all lived together in one house (Duggars anyone?) how could it be possible to give all those kids, not to mention wives, any kind of real attention.

• Love 3

So I was looking at the picture that Logan posted with his mother at the Expo! I really wanted to post a picture of Janelle at the launch of Strive with Janelle which took place the start of October.

She does look bigger now, then she did at the launch, 7 months ago. Here is the thing. This is not a 'fat shaming' post. Janelle can be any size she wants, and not be shamed. My issue is that she has a For Profit business that she is promoting, about the journey of weight loss and getting healthy.

She is the face and spokesperson of the company. There are no other faces of people, who are strictly using Strive with Janelle recipes, exercise videos, etc, that we can compare how they are doing, and judge if this program actually works. The only person we have to look towards to see results is Janelle!

So I find it amusing that on twitter or facebook, a person is labeled as a "hater" when they ask a very valid question of, "where are the results?" You are making money off of this business, it is right for people to question if the Strive with Janelle program actually works.

Look at nutrisystem, weight watchers, there are numerous, people who show you the results using only their products. Where are the people and results saying, I only use Strive with Janelle, and I've lost this much?

So we looks towards Janelle, the face of the company, the person making money on this. We have a right to know if it is a scam, or a program that actually works, with real results.

Janelle can block and give legitmate criticism as "hate," but I do not feel that questioning a for profit business is hate.

• Love 10
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Onceafan said:

So I was looking at the picture that Logan posted with his mother at the Expo! I really wanted to post a picture of Janelle at the launch of Strive with Janelle which took place the start of October.

She does look bigger now, then she did at the launch, 7 months ago. Here is the thing. This is not a 'fat shaming' post. Janelle can be any size she wants, and not be shamed. My issue is that she has a For Profit business that she is promoting, about the journey of weight loss and getting healthy.

She is the face and spokesperson of the company. There are no other faces of people, who are strictly using Strive with Janelle recipes, exercise videos, etc, that we can compare how they are doing, and judge if this program actually works. The only person we have to look towards to see results is Janelle!

So I find it amusing that on twitter or facebook, a person is labeled as a "hater" when they ask a very valid question of, "where are the results?" You are making money off of this business, it is right for people to question if the Strive with Janelle program actually works.

Look at nutrisystem, weight watchers, there are numerous, people who show you the results using only their products. Where are the people and results saying, I only use Strive with Janelle, and I've lost this much?

So we looks towards Janelle, the face of the company, the person making money on this. We have a right to know if it is a scam, or a program that actually works, with real results.

Janelle can block and give legitmate criticism as "hate," but I do not feel that questioning a for profit business is hate.

So one of the Strive messages is accountability.  Isn't Janelle accountable to the suckers  people forking over their hard earned money for this money-grubbing scheme program?   It's been months since she started the money grubbing scheme program and no change for the better.  

Oh wait, I know where you're getting confused!  Spreading her bullshit message of a healthy lifestyle when there is no way she looks like she practices what she preaches.  You expect her to actually DO whatever the program, whatever that is.  Now I understand.

This venture is Brown thinking at it's "finest".  Let's get in to an over saturated market, come up with a half assed scheme and wait for the benjamins to roll in.  All resources are directed to that one goal.  

Edited by toodles
  • Love 4

She should have a weight loss ticker, a monthly update of progress, a number of inches lost, or something to both encourage users and as anecdotal proof her system accomplishes something.

I may well have lost more weight this spring than Janelle has since October and I didn't need her program to do it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Onceafan said:

She isn't even wearing her STRIVE tshirt?  Really?  The commitment she shows to her business is astounding.  That would have taken next to zero effort.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

She isn't even wearing her STRIVE tshirt?  Really?  The commitment she shows to her business is astounding.  That would have taken next to zero effort.

The key word in your comment is effort.  Not the Brown's strong suit.

2 hours ago, Absolom said:

She should have a weight loss ticker, a monthly update of progress, a number of inches lost, or something to both encourage users and as anecdotal proof her system accomplishes something.

I may well have lost more weight this spring than Janelle has since October and I didn't need her program to do it. 

I'll bet I know how you did it.  You ate 10 home cooked meals in a MONTH.  Yep, that will do it.  That is the really useful advice you get from STRIVE

Edited by toodles
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Onceafan said:

Ultimately, people will voice their opinions with their pocketbooks and whether or not it is worthwhile to give Janelle their business (excluding her fan base). I certainly wouldn't. 

She just doesn't get it. We aren't criticizing her journey one bit. But you didn't see Gordon Ramsay opening restaurants or publishing recipes when he was a beginner, did we? We didn't see Susan Powter doing her speaking engagements WHILE she was losing weight, did we? Janelle--why should people pay YOU during your progress? 

Ugh. So thickheaded. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Maybe they don't have a tshirt large enough to fit her.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, MonicaM said:

That could be.  But since this is her gig shouldn't she have ordered one in her size?  I think she just 1/2 asses everything.  If Sobbin or whoever it was that ordered the shirts for the marathon (whatever the hell it was a few seasons ago) could get one in J's size she certainly could have to promote her own business.   

• Love 2

Why is she so overwhelmed with her life? No job to speak of, two kids of school age, no husband underfoot. Seriously. Answering emails is so stressful? If this fakey scam job is so stressful, it should be pretty simple to just walk away from it. It's not like she is all that invested in it in the first place.

• Love 5

Another half ass phone video by Janelle. She couldn't even edit it - it cuts off abruptly in mid sentence at the end. 

And just like three still photos. 

I have my doubts if she even got out of the car. 

• Love 3

If Janelle had to actually face and deal with real issues, I have to wonder what corner she would be found in. Please Janelle, get a clue. Now she's making videos basically suggesting what to do for mental health too? 

• Love 1

SHE IS A HOT MESS!  Good lord  - what on earth has her so effin stressed out??  She has no JOB....  Her days consist of hanging out at home, filming and apparently e-mails and the grocery store.  If that was ALL I had to worry about, I'd be golden.  So out of touch with reality.

Forgot to mention how narcissistic of her to cancel a call that others were ready for just so she could go hang out in nature.  It's called courtesy, Janelle.  Look it up.  After you've gotten that one down you can move on to "responsibility".

• Love 8

I have not yet been able to bring myself to listen to her vlog post, yet. And now I'm starting to dread doing it. Yet I must. Yes, it is a weird sort of compulsion.

11 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I have my doubts if she even got out of the car. 

No, I'm pretty sure she got out of the car. She just didn't walk very far or very fast. Can't exert yourself, you know. If you do, you'll never lose any weight! /s (You can't tell me she exerted herself and yet isn't sweaty and her hair isn't at all mussed from the exertion, especially considering it's full daylight in a desert. I know it takes a while for even the desert to heat up in the morning, but someone like Janelle is going to be sweaty if they exert themselves. Hell, I would be sweaty if I exerted myself!)

She tries so hard to make it sound like her life is full of deadlines and things that simply must. be. done. asap. My wife is a housewife (and we have no children) and she has more on her plate than this woman does - and on a daily basis at that! And canceling that conference call was beyond the pale. Who does that? That shows so much disrespect for the other people who were going to be on the call with her. If she were my employee, I'd fire her. Or if she were supplying my company with something, I'd fire her and find another supplier.

• Love 2
(edited)
39 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

No, I'm pretty sure she got out of the car. She just didn't walk very far or very fast. Can't exert yourself, you know. If you do, you'll never lose any weight! /s (You can't tell me she exerted herself and yet isn't sweaty and her hair isn't at all mussed from the exertion, especially considering it's full daylight in a desert. I know it takes a while for even the desert to heat up in the morning, but someone like Janelle is going to be sweaty if they exert themselves. Hell, I would be sweaty if I exerted myself!)

She tries so hard to make it sound like her life is full of deadlines and things that simply must. be. done. asap. My wife is a housewife (and we have no children) and she has more on her plate than this woman does - and on a daily basis at that! And canceling that conference call was beyond the pale. Who does that? That shows so much disrespect for the other people who were going to be on the call with her. If she were my employee, I'd fire her. Or if she were supplying my company with something, I'd fire her and find another supplier.

And coming from a search and rescue standpoint, I would prefer she didn't. I've had to rescue a few "Janelles" in the past. "Oh look! Nature! Let's go hiking!" 5 hours later and 117 degrees: "I hiked to AZ hot springs and ran out of water. Help."

Rescues are so common at RR they have their own SAR team. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Addition
  • Love 5

I suspect she was in the parking lot of many of the restaurants with views of RRC.  

Having said that, based on what she said, I'm concerned that she may be severely depressed.  She didn't appear to be "all there" in the pictures of the women's expo in Phoenix, she continues to not lose weight (in spite of her corporate persona), and she admits to not even being able to prioritize for one conference call.  She may be being forced into the "Strive with Janelle" money-raising scam (Kody?); she sure doesn't seem to be really into it.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Rescues are so common at RR they have their own SAR team. 

Wow! What I don't understand is why she feels the need to get out in nature at all. First of all, there's hardly anyone that lives near them. So, she can go walking in largely undeveloped areas already, stay close to home, and not have to use her car at all. Plus, wasn't she one of the ones complaining about camping in seasons past on SW? Also, I don't understand why you would want to go out walking once the sun is fully up like that. It gets hot there fast. I would rather go walking in the twilight before the dawn or the twilight after dusk; it'll be cooler and it'll be prettier.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

I suspect she was in the parking lot of many of the restaurants with views of RRC.  

Having said that, based on what she said, I'm concerned that she may be severely depressed.  She didn't appear to be "all there" in the pictures of the women's expo in Phoenix, she continues to not lose weight (in spite of her corporate persona), and she admits to not even being able to prioritize for one conference call.  She may be being forced into the "Strive with Janelle" money-raising scam (Kody?); she sure doesn't seem to be really into it.

And she may well be. She certainly didn't look happy in that video at all. In fact, to me, she seemed to be on the verge of tears. I would normally be inclined to start cutting her some slack, but let's face it: There's no point in doing so. All their issues are tied into their unhappiness caused by their "marriages". If they start admitting they're unhappy doing things like STRIVE, then they have to start admitting they're unhappy with other things that are more basic/intrinsic to their lives, and that would lead to having to admit they're not happy with their marital arrangements in spite of their ceaseless protestations to the contrary. And I am pretty sure they're aware that if they start pulling at these erstwhile insignificant threads in their lives, then their entire lives are going to come unwoven.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

That could be possible looking at the whole thing. K-Dog could be getting her to do it even though she realizes it's a ridiculous idea. She does look sad. 

Because I've had it with these folks and have fully given in to the snark, in my imagination Janelle's "very stressful" afternoon looked something like this:

12:00 Film the couch session rehashing Mykelti's wedding.  Pretending to care takes tremendous effort...so she doesn't do it.

6:00 Get back to the cult-de-sac and into the house without making eye contact with any of the wives.  This is harder than it sounds because there are so darn many of them.

6:30  Respond "ok" to the email containing the next ghostwritten blog post for Strive.

7:00  Convince the two remaining kids at home to go over to Christine's and see what she's having for dinner...

7:05 ....then break out the Cheetos and Chips Ahoy.  Unfortunately, the bag is empty.

7:10  Go grocery shopping.

8:00 Put the groceries away.  If the kids came back, make sure they're wrapping up their homework.  If they didn't, eh.

8:30 Netflix and chili.

• Love 7

If just ONE of their money-making scams were even marginally successful, it would take the pressure off of them to be on TV (which opens them up for SO much negative feedback).  I wouldn't care if their "marriage" existed if what they say is true is, in fact, true.  If they could support themselves and their four McMansions by literally going to work every day - rather than by "pretending" they are successful in the business world - and stop pretending that their way is SOOOO blissful, I'd respect that.  But these people are 3 late payments away from bleeding the beast when TLC pulls out.  They've gone from being obscure polygamists to actors whose script calls for them to pretend that polygamy is awesome.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I thought the same thing.  But if that's true, how sad is that?  

Maybe they didn't pay the T-shirt vendor.  I don't remember seeing any on their vendor table.  She didn't wear one to her OWN Stive event either.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

If just ONE of their money-making scams were even marginally successful, it would take the pressure off of them to be on TV (which opens them up for SO much negative feedback).  I wouldn't care if their "marriage" existed if what they say is true is, in fact, true.  If they could support themselves and their four McMansions by literally going to work every day - rather than by "pretending" they are successful in the business world - and stop pretending that their way is SOOOO blissful, I'd respect that.  But these people are 3 late payments away from bleeding the beast when TLC pulls out.  They've gone from being obscure polygamists to actors whose script calls for them to pretend that polygamy is awesome.

SO much this. It's like a vicious cycle--the need to earn an income that's not TV and then creating businesses because they're on TV (and assuming their status will make said businesses successful). I'd imagine when the show is finally cancelled, it'll be quite a transition back into obscurity and trying to find normal work (if the family doesn't fall apart).

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

This is the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the video.  Using the terms "run away" with tears welling up in her eyes isn't just average stress.  I have dealt with depression and all it brings with it for my entire life.  I have dealt with peri-menopause, chronic fatigue, anxiety for 15+ years.  I see lots of parallels in Janelle (as well as the other wives) with issues I deal with every day. 

While its easy to think "what does she have to stress about" because what she is saying really isn't that much at all.  I have been in those shoes!!  I have gotten anxiety sitting and making a grocery list to the point that it takes me three days to actually make it to the market.  I have burst into tears because I'm overwhelmed just getting out of bed to get the dogs outside.  These things seem so trivial, but in that moment, inside your head it is an overwhelming roof falling down crisis.  There is no other way to explain it.

Over the years I have learned to live with my issues and can handle these things much better.  BUT... I don't have that asshole for a husband, I don't have cameras and a fake world to present with all that it brings.  Sitting and pretending and lying to a camera can't be easy either.  She really needs to get real with herself.  That last photo of Meri in the Meri thread in the horrible blue print and grey (I don't even know what to call the cover up torn up rag looking thing) shows Meri looking quite miserable.  Janelle isn't showing anyone how to "deal" or be accountable.  She's just showing how damn miserable she is.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Wow! What I don't understand is why she feels the need to get out in nature at all. First of all, there's hardly anyone that lives near them. So, she can go walking in largely undeveloped areas already, stay close to home, and not have to use her car at all. Plus, wasn't she one of the ones complaining about camping in seasons past on SW? Also, I don't understand why you would want to go out walking once the sun is fully up like that. It gets hot there fast. I would rather go walking in the twilight before the dawn or the twilight after dusk; it'll be cooler and it'll be prettier.

No, Janelle is the one who likes camping and the outdoors.  While all the other wives get big trips with Kody.  Mexico, Las Vegas (with Christine before they moved), California beaches, it was Janelle who packed up the car and went camping for the night as her "big trip" with Kody. She was the one pressing Maddie on the morning of her wedding to take time to go fishing, and when the family went on trips she took kids fishing while the others did shopping and sight seeing.

It wouldn't surprise me if she just got out of the car and just sat on her own.  You don't have to hike to get grounded.  I'm lucky to live in the country, so I just have to step outside to be surrounded by trees and my gardens.  I have only seen photos and the show of the desert and LV, but I would miss the green within 5 minutes. 

• Love 2

I wonder if Kody is the one that wants Janelle to "strive" (lose weight) and she has no interest.  

I remember him being repulsed by Christine eating nachos...and she has never been as big as Janelle.  

14 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

No, Janelle is the one who likes camping and the outdoors.  While all the other wives get big trips with Kody.  Mexico, Las Vegas (with Christine before they moved), California beaches, it was Janelle who packed up the car and went camping for the night as her "big trip" with Kody. She was the one pressing Maddie on the morning of her wedding to take time to go fishing, and when the family went on trips she took kids fishing while the others did shopping and sight seeing.

It wouldn't surprise me if she just got out of the car and just sat on her own.  You don't have to hike to get grounded.  I'm lucky to live in the country, so I just have to step outside to be surrounded by trees and my gardens.  I have only seen photos and the show of the desert and LV, but I would miss the green within 5 minutes. 

Thanks for correcting me, @Roslyn. I appreciate it. And you're right: You can simply sit down and "be" in order to return to a centered state. Obviously, I like going for walks at night, especially if I have something that I really need to think about.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, lma said:

I have never understood this. He said such mean things about Christine and her weight, when Janelle is clearly bigger. Wonder how that made Janelle feel?

Not everything is filmed...maybe Kody has fat shamed Janelle in a different way.  We are not privy to what goes on behind doors.  

She is very depressed, and I blame Kody.  

• Love 3

Her days consist of hanging out at home, filming and apparently e-mails and the grocery store. 

And cooking.  Don't forget the cooking.  Or was that just 10 meals and done?

I agree this woman is in serious need of anti-depressants.  And pronto.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Because I've had it with these folks and have fully given in to the snark, in my imagination Janelle's "very stressful" afternoon looked something like this:

12:00 Film the couch session rehashing Mykelti's wedding.  Pretending to care takes tremendous effort...so she doesn't do it.

6:00 Get back to the cult-de-sac and into the house without making eye contact with any of the wives.  This is harder than it sounds because there are so darn many of them.

6:30  Respond "ok" to the email containing the next ghostwritten blog post for Strive.

7:00  Convince the two remaining kids at home to go over to Christine's and see what she's having for dinner...

7:05 ....then break out the Cheetos and Chips Ahoy.  Unfortunately, the bag is empty.

7:10  Go grocery shopping.

8:00 Put the groceries away.  If the kids came back, make sure they're wrapping up their homework.  If they didn't, eh.

8:30 Netflix and chili.

Based on the look of her pantry I suspect she just throws stuff in there from across the room hoping it lands on a shelf.  

I do think she is very depressed.  Janelle, there are some magical drugs for that.  I know you know that since Utah has been known for the most antidepressants prescribed (not sure if they still carry that honor).  Or dump that sack of shit named Kody.  Or both.  Or here is a novel thought, work up a sweat and let the endorphin's kick in.  

Many people work WAY harder than she has ever had to and don't have the luxury of canceling on people cause you are burned out.  Honey, try working back to back 14 hour days running concerts of music that makes your brain hurt WHILE doing normal day to day shit WHILE having a disease that makes you tired just from waking up.  I may have said this in a previous post or maybe I wanted to but I think we may just need to add IS NOT and remove MAYBE from the name of this thread.  

I realize I sound insensitive towards depression.  I have been there and know it can come back anytime.  Much maybe situational or its chronic.  Either way one/she needs to deal with it.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Based on the look of her pantry I suspect she just throws stuff in there from across the room hoping it lands on a shelf.  

I do think she is very depressed.  Janelle, there are some magical drugs for that.  I know you know that since Utah has been known for the most antidepressants prescribed (not sure if they still carry that honor).  Or dump that sack of shit named Kody.  Or both.  Or here is a novel thought, work up a sweat and let the endorphin's kick in.  

Many people work WAY harder than she has ever had to and don't have the luxury of canceling on people cause you are burned out.  Honey, try working back to back 14 hour days running concerts of music that makes your brain hurt WHILE doing normal day to day shit WHILE having a disease that makes you tired just from waking up.  I may have said this in a previous post or maybe I wanted to but I think we may just need to add IS NOT and remove MAYBE from the name of this thread.  

I realize I sound insensitive towards depression.  I have been there and know it can come back anytime.  Much maybe situational or its chronic.  Either way one/she needs to deal with it.  

Perhaps she needs a sense of purpose.  I suspect she has busywork, but no real fulfillment. Observing Janelle doing the things she's doing now, she's not feeling it. I sort of get it, I went through a real low transitioning out of law enforcement. You just go through the motions, feeling useless. That's how she appears to me, and it's truly sad.

I know I criticize STRIVE but as others have suggested, maybe it's not her idea which is why she shows no true passion for it.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I know I criticize STRIVE but as others have suggested, maybe it's not her idea which is why she shows no true passion for it.

I wish she would understand that in spite and underneath all the shade we kick her way, we're actually trying to help her. So, I wish that instead of blocking the "haters", she'd spend time thoughtfully considering what we're saying and seeing if there's any useful advice that can be gleaned. I know she would be surprised, if she just took the time to do that.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

She is very depressed, and I blame Kody.  

It's not fair to blame Janelle's depression on Kody. She is a capable adult with access to resources. He's not holding her captive.  He's an asshole who likes to have sex with multiple women under the guise of religion.  If she's miserable living this lifestyle - she can leave.  She can borrow Meri's "Live Your Why!" stencil.  We haven't seen any hints that her children will shun her if she were to leave the cult -- like what others attempting to leave other cults face.  She can find happiness once she is willing. 

• Love 10

The problem is that she believes all that religious hoo-ha about the planets and all.  And we don't know if Kadoofus holds that over her if she even thinks about leaving.  "You know, if you leave me you'll be in the outer rings of Saturn (or whatever the hell they believe)" and I think that she truly loved him at one point so there's the "How can you leave me, I'll never have my own planet, you selfish cow".

• Love 2

She left once when she was miserable with the situation with Kody and the other wives. Resources were much less then and she wasn't working the State job either. She had more children then too. She knows how to deal with a bad situation (or depression). That is why I am kind of cranking on her now. If she is really staying for the religion, fine. Just stop whining into the cell phone camera for the faithful few.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

She left once when she was miserable with the situation with Kody and the other wives. Resources were much less then and she wasn't working the State job either. She had more children then too. She knows how to deal with a bad situation (or depression). That is why I am kind of cranking on her now. If she is really staying for the religion, fine. Just stop whining into the cell phone camera for the faithful few.

She's staying because of the show. 

Also I think when Janelle was younger and with fewer kids, her bullshit tolerance level especially where Meri was concerned was a little lower. Plus she didn't really leave per se since Kody was still visiting and she got pregnant at least once during that time.

• Love 3

Why blame Kody? He is not in charge of Janelle's happiness. The Brown family live in the USA not in Afghanistan or some other country where being a woman means being forced to marry a man chosen by her parents, forced to stay with him, forced to raise children rather than get an education and have a career, etc. Some women do not have the luxury of choosing whether they want to be polygamous or not.

I watched the video and I do not feel sorry for her. Polygamy is the lifestyle she chose for herself. She chose to practice a religion that is not only racist but polygamous as well. She chose to go after her sister-in-law's husband and become one of his many concubines. She chose to leave and go back to that crap. She chose to go on TV, smile, and praise her lifestyle.

If Kody is being a jerk to her, she knows how to walk away. If any of her sister wives are being mean to her, walk away. I read somewhere that the Brown family is no longer part of the AUB (they got kicked out), if that is true, there is no longer a need for any of the women to sit around on TV and pretend all is good for the reputation of their church/religion. Their reputation as happy peen sharing women who are tight sister wives married to an awesome man have been shot down years ago.

If she is hurting. If she is depressed. If she is feeling overwhelmed. It is all her own doing. She could leave Kody and her Sister Wives, get a job, support herself/bleed the beast, etc. If she chooses to stay, she needs to get herself a better therapist.

I feel sorry for the women in countries that do not allow them to have a choice in how they live their lives. The USA is a free and large enough country for Janelle.

• Love 9

Let me clarify- I blame Kody for being a lousy polygamist husband.  Janelle is a polygamist as well.  She doesn't have a clue about treating (or acknowledging) her own depression.  IMO.  

• Love 2
(edited)

This is a great way for each of us to become accountable for each other! For example, if you see a badge on Tuesday with it calling out 30 Minutes of Yoga and I haven’t mentioned it yet – call me out on it. Be my accountability partner! Vice versa – let’s be each other’s accountability partners. It’s a joint effort!

While visiting one of the largest women’s fairs in Arizona, there were many interested in joining our team. I’m looking forward to sharing our mission and the features our community offers – as members please reach out to our newbies and provide STRIVE tips that have helped you stay accountable!

Can't make this crap up at all. So not only does she wants people to PAY to watch her STRIVE, they must also hold her accountable for her success/failure. On top of that the PAYING members have to reach out to the newbies and provide FREE strive tips (something she and her crew should be doing since they are running the crappy business).

And I thought the Brown family just couldn't get anymore scammy and greedy. Shit woman, do the job yourself.

If you need to be held accountable, why isn't the professionals you are advertising on your site keeping you accountable. You have SEVERAL kids, a husband and THREE sister wives to help keep you accountable. Why tf do you want your PAYING customers to keep you accountable?

And why tf do you want your PAYING customers to help YOUR newbies out with FREE tips and suggestions? They are PAYING YOU for the tips and suggestions, otherwise they can get it for FREE off the internet via blogs, FREE forums, and Youtube, etc.

Greedy scammers.

Edited by Rainflower
  • Love 5