Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I was at Walmart today and saw leggings that looked and felt like LLR. Personally, I couldn't tell the difference. (I am not so much a leggings' person, except for the occasional black pair under a dress/skirt/tunic in the winter.) If I WERE a leggings' person, however, I'd rather just pop into Walmart and pick up a pair that I can hold and feel before purchasing rather than wait around for an online "party" or some other complicated shopping endeavor. 

BTW, I know that LLR peeps aren't meant to sell the stuff in actual stores or anything but a local lady has opened a shop: Lula Lady's. She sells, you know, trinkets and leggings with prints. Good for her. 

You called it! I hate the idea of stupid online "parties" and also find it complicated. I have a friend who latches on to every online thing--first it was Jamberry (shitty nail wraps that peel), then protein shakes (good but you have to be a "member"), then LLR, something else, and now 31 (bags and gifts, which has been around quite a while).

They're all social media centric. What a pain, and unless you have a huge friends list and some are willing to buy, seems like a waste of time. None of these things has ever panned out for anyone I know except ONE person who started 31 when it first came on the scene. Everyone else still has their day job. So scammy. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Still living her why.....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXCj5OKDI8q/

Meri looks happy in this picture.  Say what you will about LLR, but she is doing something productive.  I guess she can overlook the fact that she is probably up to her eyeballs in debt.  It wouldn't be my first career choice, but whatever.  MLM schemes will crash and burn at some point but grifters gotta grift.

She is meeting new people that are real and not fake online bilillionaires.  She is creating her own life away from the FAAAAAAMILY.  I wish her well for however long it lasts.

• Love 13

There's one shirt I might wear around the house if I found it on the $5 sale table at Wal Mart or Target.  I'm not paying LLR prices for any of that mess or going out in public in it. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

There's one shirt I might wear around the house if I found it on the $5 sale table at Wal Mart or Target.  I'm not paying LLR prices for any of that mess or going out in public in it. 

I agree; the only one I'd wear is the solid color orange.  Those are some of the most god-awful prints I've ever seen.

Dear Meri probably deducts all her expenses for travel at tax time.  How else can this be profitable?  And her McMansion has 5 bedrooms; surely two or three of them are dedicated to storing this type of crap.

I'm happy I don't know anyone selling LLR.  

• Love 2
On 7/27/2017 at 6:57 AM, toodles said:

Meri looks happy in this picture.  Say what you will about LLR, but she is doing something productive.  I guess she can overlook the fact that she is probably up to her eyeballs in debt.  It wouldn't be my first career choice, but whatever.  MLM schemes will crash and burn at some point but grifters gotta grift.

She is meeting new people that are real and not fake online bilillionaires.  She is creating her own life away from the FAAAAAAMILY.  I wish her well for however long it lasts.

In this regard I feel like Meri has an advantage given she's on tv and has many followers. It's an advantage the average person doesn't have. 

I don't care for LLR but do wish her well. 

• Love 2

Although I question the wisdom of her aligning herself with this particular product, I have to say that Meri seems to be the happiest of all the "wives" at this time.  She's free of child rearing duties, free of Kody, and has a whole new group of people to socialize with outside of the "family".  

She must feel free as a bird.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

Although I question the wisdom of her aligning herself with this particular product, I have to say that Meri seems to be the happiest of all the "wives" at this time.  She's free of child rearing duties, free of Kody, and has a whole new group of people to socialize with outside of the "family".  

She must feel free as a bird.  

You are more than likely right.  After putting up with Mr. Douche-Bag and all the drama, it's good to see one "wife" who seems happy.

Why Meri EVER thought she'd "believe in living this lifestyle, it just makes each of us better," God only knows.  Apparently she never saw the unhappiness her mother (or any other woman polygamist "wife") suffered.  So sad.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

You are more than likely right.  After putting up with Mr. Douche-Bag and all the drama, it's good to see one "wife" who seems happy.

Why Meri EVER thought she'd "believe in living this lifestyle, it just makes each of us better," God only knows.  Apparently she never saw the unhappiness her mother (or any other woman polygamist "wife") suffered.  So sad.  

When they come back in September I wonder if they will still have that old, tired b.s. Opening?

1 minute ago, riverblue22 said:

When they come back in September I wonder if they will still have that old, tired b.s. Opening?

I wonder that too!  It seems to me that after Meri was trolling for romance, what, 2 years ago?  that the line should have been retired.  It just made her look more ridiculous IMO.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Well, it seems there are more people earning bonuses from LLR this year than last. Last year, there was almost 88% who earned no bonus at all. This year, that's down to just under 73%. Here's the 2016 income disclosure statement: http://www.lularoe.com/income-disclosure-statement/. You'll have to Google for the 2015 ID as it's now a PDF only.

Sadly, the numbers will go down now.

In the past, the bonuses was based on how much inventory a person's downline brought from LuLaRoe.

That made many people on top encourage women to join LLR under them and they pushed those on the bottom to buy, buy,buy (some didn't even care if their downline could sell the clothing. As long as they were buying inventory and the bonus checks were rolling in, those on top were happy). Many women went into DEEP debt buying thousands of dollars of inventory they couldn't sell. Some people lost their homes, cars, and marriages.

It is estimated that those who have (or had) a HUGE downline (like talking about a few hundred or thousand of women under them) were making roughly about $400K per MONTH max (that is without the profit from selling LLR themselves). They were the ones buying million dollar homes, new cars, etc. #becauseofLLR

Now bonuses are based on selling which will be horrible.

There were talk about consultants needing to sell 32 pieces of clothing per month in order to meet bonus requirements (could be more for the coaches or whatever LLR calls them).

Right now there are so many women who are GOOB (going out of business) that are selling their LLR inventory at a discount that many consultants are having trouble selling off their inventory at regular price (why would a customer buy LLR at regular price when it can be brought cheaper on ebay, GOOB Facebook groups, etc.?)

What some predict will happen is the consultants on top will instruct their downline to purchase their own clothes (consultants be their own customers) in order for the upline to gain their bonuses. 

Things were ugly before and will get uglier.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So Meri is in "the top 100 in sales this year".

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXKYY3fDqwf/

I am so shocked. When I see her live sales, she barely had at most 200 or less (usually less) watching her. And she at first she wasn't telling people when she was having live sales. Also, she does not do album sales. Or shop the replay (recording her videos and allowing customers who missed the live to claim clothing through watching the recorded video).

So I am going to assume she did well on her pop ups (off line selling) or LLR owners placed her in the top 100 because they think Meri is good for their image (Meri being a reality TV "star"/having lots of "fans" or a large audience is good for pushing LLR).

Recently, she added over 6000+ people to her group (there were a lot of people were waiting for 9+ months to join her group. Many are lookie loos who claim they are waiting for drama to happen and aren't there to buy anything...I'm waiting for Kody to wear leggings in one of Meri's live sales, lol). Some people think she added those who were waiting because her sales numbers are down and she needed fresh customers.

Meri is drunk on the LLR kool aid. I wonder what she will do if (or when) shit hits the fan. Probably file for bankruptcy but still will be interesting.

Edited by Rainflower
  • Love 2

I wonder if they break down the sales by region, and she's in the top 100 according to that.  Even if Meri is number 100 of the top 100 in the country, that seems pretty high up there. 

37 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I know someone who's there right now and posting photos of it. All those women in LLR clothes resembles a room of puked up fruity pebbles with heads and hands sticking out here and there. 

LOL!  The fugliest prints ever!  

• Love 3
23 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Meri still looks to have eyebrow issues.

All three women have eyebrow issues.  You do not want to notice them.  They are suppose to frame your face, not slap you in the face.

• Love 12

I had a girl friend post about a bad LLR legging experience last week on her Facebook, her one time worn leggings were unraveling and she was mad. She was goin to return them. I've had friends suggest their dresses to me too. Nah brah, I'm good.

Edited by Bunkerdown
  • Love 3
On 01/08/2017 at 1:10 AM, Jellybeans said:

All three women have eyebrow issues.  You do not want to notice them.  They are suppose to frame your face, not slap you in the face.

Are Meri's tattooed on?

• Love 2
On 7/31/2017 at 10:10 AM, Jellybeans said:

Guess they finally discovered chola eyebrows. 

• Love 6

I purchased one LulaRoe shirt to wear on my Disney trip and I like it, but it's nothing I could build an entire wardrobe on. I purchased from an old classmate of mine. I doubt I'm the target demographic though. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, toodles said:

Very interesting .  thanks for sharing.

Indeed. It's scary how cult-like this phenomenon is (as pointed out in the article).

Humans are strange creatures.

• Love 5

I love this line in the article:

LuLaRoe says that in 2016, 72.63% of their consultants earned their income through selling clothing alone.

In reality, it means 72.63% of their consultants in 2016 made no profit at all. I've done programming for too many MLMs to be fooled into believing that people who earned no commissions (or "bonus checks", as LLR likes to call them) are making any money. Any gross profit they make on the initial sales will disappear into non-clothing costs: booth fees at a fair or convention, vehicle maintenance costs to schlepp all that shit around, hangers and clothing racks for display, etc. The worst part is that these people often don't know enough (and are not coached) to keep meticulous track of their costs. So, if the IRS comes around to audit you over this, the only real records these people are going to have are their sales receipts. They'll be able to prove what they paid for the clothing and what they received by selling it, and then the IRS is going to want taxes on the difference because there'll be no records of booth fees, hanger and clothing rack costs, and so on.

My wife and I used to breed cats (Pixie Bobs). I set up a database and web interface (ran in the browser, and I was running Apache and MySQL on the localhost; so no Internet transmission) for us to enter information into the database. We tracked purchases of food, litter, litter boxes, veterinary costs, travel costs (primarily for shipping or delivering cats; this included hotel costs sometimes), and so on. Granted, we charged a fee to deliver the cats and, if they were shipped, the buyers paid the shipping fees. We also tracked actual sales prices of the kittens/cats so that our web site couldn't be viewed as the official record of the sales price of a kitten or cat. When you factor in all those things, we consistently lost money on the cats even when we got the prices we were asking - and that didn't count the time required for me to design the database, write code for the web interface, or set up the computer to run Apache, PHP, and MySQL. In fact, we never even made enough money to cover the initial purchases of breeding stock. Anyway, the point being that most people don't bother to track all those kinds of expenses. What's more is that buyers see you're asking $2,000 for a cat and think you're making a killing selling cats, when the reality is that you're losing money just on the actual monetary costs to do it; you're not even getting paid for the time you put into raising them! (And our kittens were all litter trained, cat tree trained, and trained not to attack furniture and curtains before they left our home.)

Edited by MrSmith
errant apostrophe
  • Love 7

Holy Christ! That's a lot of ground to cover and a very short time in which to cover it! Most of those stops have 300 to 400 miles between them, which Google Maps says will take about 4 hours on each leg of the trip. They're doing a pop-up every day. So that means she's got to pack up from the Vegas pop-up, drive the four or five hours to Burbank on the same day, get the hotel, then head to the pop-up location the next morning, and rinse and repeat. Of course, since she's probably not well organized and thinks this will be a breeze, she'll wait until the morning of the day of the pop-up to make the drive to that city. Hope people aren't driving for miles around to get to her pop-ups because I think they are going to be sorely disappointed by her absence at some point.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

More pop ups from Meri. She will announce the actual location the morning of.......

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXfBp2VDV7x/

I only know one person doing well with one of these businesses as she started when it first came onto the scene (31). Everyone else? Spending time doing pop ups and so on--sorry, I'm busy and can't watch your live thingy. 

I've always found that to be offputting. I'll purchase when I want, not when YOU are having a live sale.  

• Love 3

There was some kind of festival sort of thing in Red Wing this weekend. It was kind of interesting to see all the MLM consultants who purchased booths. There was LLR, Younique, LipSense, and two or three others which names I've now forgotten. It was interesting to marvel at the ugliness as we passed by the LLR booth. Those patterns are even more ugly in person than they are in pictures, I tell you.

• Love 6

I saw a post that suggested that the adoption of Robyn's kids was a set up performed on a studio set and was just a cover story for the whole divorcing Meri, marrying Robyn action. I couldn't find any follow up.  Does anyone know if that was rumor, or fact?

1 hour ago, Swim mom said:

Does anyone know if that was rumor, or fact?

It was a rumor, I believe, but backed up with a lot of incongruities around the entire scenario including the fake scene in the courtroom.

• Love 1

@MrSmith, you have good taste.  Mr. Xword often compliments me on what I wear, but I am sure he'd laugh if I wore those ugly prints, even around the house.

Our dear Meri must have quite the ass-kissing sales team that give her profits on what they sell.  Just to get next to a D-list celeb?  Please.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Am I the only person who feels that Meri going on "tour" to different towns is rather unfair to the (struggling) LLR consultants in the areas she's visiting?  

Yep. I think it is unfair because she is "famous" and has more exposure than other consultants. However, MLMs are "dog eat dog" type businesses. There is no such thing as "sisterhood" in LLR. If there were, Meri could have used her popularity to help others in the areas she is going to have pop ups in. Besides it is always those who are on top or popular are usually the ones making the most money. 

That being said, I found this little gem on Meri's page:

Yikes! Ladies! Do I have to start removing people from the group? Seriously uncool to advertise another LuLaRoe retailer and what they have for sale right here on my group. I mean, I'm all about sharing the love, and I will promote other retailers AS I CHOOSE to, but since its my group, that's up to me. It's just basic common courtesy. So, just don't do it. Also, retailers, don't go passively make comments that you are a retailer, just to let it be known. I love to share in the abundance, really I do, and I will promote another retailers groups, even if she's not on my team. Our unique inventory is what makes LuLaRoe so great! But I HATE BEING USED. The comments that I see day in and day out from some of you make me feel like you're just using me. I'm glad to have you here, honest, and I LOVE the sisterhood of LuLaRoe, and I would love to get to know many of you. But please just don't use me. ♡♡♡

• Love 3

@xwordfanatik Thanks. I pay quite a bit of attention to what women wear, actually, because I like to point things out that I think would look good on my wife. I don't think she goes and looks for those things in the store often, but that's not going to stop me from pointing things out.

As for the changes in her "tour", I'm surprised she's making changes to it on the fly. I mean, today is Aug 9 and that "tour" was previously going to stop in Burbank CA today, but now it's going to stop in Pasadena. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised because this displays the same level of planning and forethought that these grifters display in the rest of their lives.

@Rainflower Thanks for sharing that little gem from her page. I knew the whole "LLR sisterhood" thing was bullshit. It's still kind of surprising to see such a naked display of that fact.

Edited to add: I fucking hate MLMs. They are all a bunch of damned pyramid schemes.

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 4