Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Did we ever find out why Meri was excluded from the list of wives when Robyn had Kody's latest child? One publication went so far as to say Kody had 3 wives and was divorced from his first wife, Meri. Is she in or out? (Please let her be out of this plyg relationship even if she is living in her house.)

I hope she is done with Kody! One down, two more to go... Don't care if Robyn stays or goes.

She'd be better off just deactivating her Twitter altogether.

She can't, none of them can.  It's their primary method of communication since none of them have an IQ that allows them to formulate a message or idea more than 160 characters long.  Think of them as giant preschoolers. 

• Love 5

We really need a separate thread dedicated to JO.  I'm so sick of clicking on this thread just to see more stuff about the catfisher and not Meri...

I think interest in Meri's midlife crisis mistake is pretty much over.  I don't think there will be much more from that character.  Which means the thread will be pretty dead until the show starts again.  Unless there are folks here that like to discuss her inspirational postings.  When you open the Meri thread, what would you like to see being discussed?

• Love 3

I think interest in Meri's midlife crisis mistake is pretty much over.  I don't think there will be much more from that character.  Which means the thread will be pretty dead until the show starts again.  Unless there are folks here that like to discuss her inspirational postings.  When you open the Meri thread, what would you like to see being discussed?

Oh, I'd rather the thread be dead than have it show up on my feed everyday, making me wonder what news there is of Meri only to find out it's just more chatter about JO (and hardly related to Meri at all anymore).

• Love 5

I'm a bit confused re: Cofcinci remarks about JO being part of the " Twitter troll army" and the Catfish documentary? I realize JO has many online personas, but the mock batblog sites and the documentary site seem to be trying to expose JO- are y'all saying JO is pretending to bring herself down? Sorry, I don't pay too close attention and I don't tweet - guess I need a primer to understand the whole clusterfruck.

I don't find the idle chatter about Meri's catfisher any more or less boring than the idle chatter about Meri, or any of the other Browns. Either way, it's not like I expect to come here and find something IMPORTANT AND SIGNIFICANT. This is where I drop in for a few seconds of mindless web snark--I don't expect it to be perfectly tailored to my personal tastes. If I want enlightenment, I'll read Bertrand Russell.

• Love 16

Sam's blog is back up again. Of course it was because he was busy. Oh, and he also dropped one of the babies in a car seat less than half a foot to the ground. And of course that wacky pediatrician or nurse said that's ok, it happens to all new parents.

I was so tempted to buy the blog domain when it was for sale and just leave it blank, since I have no idea how to program a webpage. I thought if I bought it, Jackie might stop, but I bet she would just buy a new domain.

• Love 1

Itttttts baaaaack.... It would have been so great if someone else bought her domain. I don't know who she thinks she is fooling, because anyone that has had a child can see that she is just making stuff up. Having a newborn is like living in a bubble where everything revolves around the baby's schedule, eating, pooping, etc. No mention of the condition of the diapers- blow outs, etc,. The Dr's visit declares one is "thriving", one is not- haha, no mention of percentiles ( which is how a pediatrician determines how well an infant is doing) . Winter coats?! For newborns?! What an ass- they are called snow suits, prams, buntings, fleeces, etc! The one thing that tempers my anger at her ignorance and lack of research is how pathetic it is that JO will never know the joys of being a mother, or even be around anyone experiencing the joys of parenthood.

• Love 2
(edited)

JO probably had to wait for the first of the month social security check so she could pay the godaddy site. haha!  The trolls do have a few websites. almostjackied.com, nobatmanyet.com notbatmanyet.net, almostmeried.com.  The almostjackied has some of JO's victims stories. Very compelling & sad.  What she has done to some woman is just mind-blowing.  It is worth the read.

Also, I think this thread would be dead if none talked about Overton and her catfish bs. I'm glad to be able to read opinions on this subject.  It's not over yet and I am wondering if Meri is trying to sue JO or something. JO is claiming she has over 100 more voicemails and they are suppose to be adult in nature.  I'm sure Meri can't say anything publicly if she is working behind the scenes to shut down the batman site.  This JO walks a fine line when it comes to legal stuff. I'm still amazed this woman isn't in jail yet.

Edited by Kooda
  • Love 3

Too bad Sam wasn't real. It would have been so interesting to follow Meri's escape and new life, as well as the role shift on Kody's planet/cul-de-sac.

I personally feel like Meri thinks she's "too good" to settle down w/a normal guy and that's partly why she fell for "Sam's" bullshit. If she happened to meet a slightly overweight, divorced, 48 year old guy who has a stable job, owns his own modest home  - do you think she would have tried to dump Kody and run away with him the way she wanted to with "Sam"? I highly doubt it. The hypothetical 48 year old could be the nicest guy in the world, but if he wasn't super hot and rich, Meri would never go for it. I think she lives in an entitled fantasy world. To which I say: if you want nice things, then get a job, Meri.

• Love 4

I personally feel like Meri thinks she's "too good" to settle down w/a normal guy and that's partly why she fell for "Sam's" bullshit. If she happened to meet a slightly overweight, divorced, 48 year old guy who has a stable job, owns his own modest home  - do you think she would have tried to dump Kody and run away with him the way she wanted to with "Sam"? I highly doubt it. The hypothetical 48 year old could be the nicest guy in the world, but if he wasn't super hot and rich, Meri would never go for it. I think she lives in an entitled fantasy world. To which I say: if you want nice things, then get a job, Meri.

I feel the exact same way. The Brown wives believe they are entitled, especially Meri. They share one man because nobody else will have them, same with Cody.

The first and only time I saw the show I laughed because it was so obvious. Quantity means nothing when there is no quality there, i.e. intelligence, compassion, contribution to society (as opposed to scamming for Govt. assistance the way they did). And they are completely unattractive. Their looks are last because some people who actually have humble personalities are beautiful. And they are disgustingly FAT.

Yep, the F word and I am NOT fat shaming and anyone who thinks I am has problems with reading comprehension. People have weight problems. Hypothyroidism cannot be healed. People search for solutions for YEARS and decades to no avail.  And sometimes a person's weight is hereditary. The Brown woman are NOT related and look at them. They are gluttons and raising their children to be the same way. Even Robyn is gaining weight because of the lifestyle she now lives. Sadly the most interesting thing to happen to or come out of the Brown family was the lowest type life form..a catfish. Meri wouldn't have acknowledged her existence if not for the money she claimed to have. Out of the ton of women in that family she is the very least attractive and has absolutely nothing going for her.

• Love 2

I don't know who she thinks she is fooling, because anyone that has had a child can see that she is just making stuff up. Having a newborn is like living in a bubble where everything revolves around the baby's schedule, eating, pooping, etc. No mention of the condition of the diapers- blow outs, etc,. 

From the blog:

I learned some of my buddies don’t know how to deal with a blowout. Yes, these are the terms I’m learning to use now that I’m a dad since I read this board and realized I was lacking authenticity.

There. Fixed it for her...

• Love 2

Thanks, Broken Ox! For some reason I find it really funny when it ( yes, IT- that is how I will be referring to JO) self corrects with things we write on this thread! It now has a FB page for it's pamphlet ( cannot/will not call that crap a book). It is very obvious to me by the way IT refers to her "guy friends and girl friends" that IT has never had a real friend, and probably a real emotion in her life. Yawnnnnn, the whole mess is boring.

(edited)

I personally feel like Meri thinks she's "too good" to settle down w/a normal guy and that's partly why she fell for "Sam's" bullshit. If she happened to meet a slightly overweight, divorced, 48 year old guy who has a stable job, owns his own modest home - do you think she would have tried to dump Kody and run away with him the way she wanted to with "Sam"? I highly doubt it. The hypothetical 48 year old could be the nicest guy in the world, but if he wasn't super hot and rich, Meri would never go for it. I think she lives in an entitled fantasy world. To which I say: if you want nice things, then get a job, Meri.

Perfect assssment. Meri was only willing to leave Kody's planet for a golden one. She fell for JO's bullshit because she believed that she was only worthy of a rich hunk. Most women would say to themselves: "This guy is too good to be true." Instead she was so delusional in the belief that she deserves a millionaire model who likes Yankee Candles. If Meri would be willing to just stay in her lane, she could find a good guy. Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

I feel the exact same way. The Brown wives believe they are entitled, especially Meri. They share one man because nobody else will have them, same with Cody.

The first and only time I saw the show I laughed because it was so obvious. Quantity means nothing when there is no quality there, i.e. intelligence, compassion, contribution to society (as opposed to scamming for Govt. assistance the way they did). And they are completely unattractive. Their looks are last because some people who actually have humble personalities are beautiful. And they are disgustingly FAT.

Yep, the F word and I am NOT fat shaming and anyone who thinks I am has problems with reading comprehension. People have weight problems. Hypothyroidism cannot be healed. People search for solutions for YEARS and decades to no avail.  And sometimes a person's weight is hereditary. The Brown woman are NOT related and look at them. They are gluttons and raising their children to be the same way. Even Robyn is gaining weight because of the lifestyle she now lives. Sadly the most interesting thing to happen to or come out of the Brown family was the lowest type life form..a catfish. Meri wouldn't have acknowledged her existence if not for the money she claimed to have. Out of the ton of women in that family she is the very least attractive and has absolutely nothing going for her.

Disagree with the 'no one else will have them' . Most of them signed up for this ages ago because they 'believed' in it and supposedly 'chose' it, though 2/3 of the orig 3 were raised with it. 2/3 of the O3 have like 6 kids each. Got news for ya, most women in America today are not size 2, let alone those who had 6 kids and are on the far end of 40's. Reality tv has skewed our views about what is 'real' what your average person looks like. They are obviously not part of the plastic-surgery-walking-dead-club you see so much on other shows.  Yes they put themselves on tv for us to 'judge' or talk smack about, but of all the other things that are annoying about them, picking on weight and saying "she has nothing going for her" seems just plain mean.

Sure they all could be healthier and change up their style  (though I prefered Chris' glasses and college look to the pseudo-robin-hippie-clothes she started wearing or Meri's rocker hair and studded jean jackets etc)...but whatever- saying 'oh well no one else would want them'. You'd be surrpised Basque girl, there are men out there who are ok with someone who isn't a size 2 , 20 year old . I don't know whether the men would be their type or not, but you see with most any semi-public figure they have people who find them attractive.

They should not feel stuck for any such made-up BS,'I'll be alone, waaaa'  -that should be the last reason they don't leave. I don't even think it is that , or that Meri won't look at regular guys but that her head is in knots because of the plyg ideology and kody-fish head trips, what she may perceive as friend-betrayal from robin, the other two don't seem to be that close to her. She how she posts tons of pics with the kid Solomon? to me that is showing why she doesn't physically leave even if she has mentally left a while back- I wouldn't want to start over with a young kid at her age but apparently a few years ago she was entertaining the idea. That and I suppose it isn't full time.

Still , I don't think I would want to be what is essentially a grandma/babysitter to my present/ex ol' man's latest chick's kid. Yeahhh. Probably not. Doing that must fall under the 'makes us all so much more evolved' plyg guru handbook.

• Love 1

The idea that the four wives are only with Kody because no one else would have their fat asses is belied by the fact that none of them were really all that heavy when they first married KaDouche, so there's that.  I think Robyn in particular deserves a break since she has either been pregnant or just had a baby for most of the show, so it's not really fair to call her "disgustingly  fat."  Not that it's really fair to call anyone that, imo (especially any woman who has birthed out half a dozen babies) but I'm not going to bother tackling that particular issue since Black Widow already did a nice job of combing out the tangles in that unfortunate statement. 

I agree with Dakota Justice, the main problem these women suffer in the "appeals to other men" department has more to do with their personalities than anything else.  I see flashes of humor and warmth in Christine, but she is so broken down by her relationship with Kody it's almost erased her spirit.  Janelle seems strong and has an air of wisdom about her, but her relationship with Kody has soured that energy into an air of mild resentment and disdain for the others that makes her a lot less appealing.   There is something about the way so many of the kids seem to adore Meri which makes me think there is a very warm person in there somewhere, but her life with Kody has left her so detached and bitter, she is not going to attract anyone but a catfish until she gets a handle on her feelings and remembers who she is.

It would be interesting to see how their personalities might morph into something much more appealing if they were away from Kody and the compound lifestyle that seems to suck them dry emotionally and spiritually.  

Meri made a grab at escape, but unfortunately she attached her wagon to the star of a non-existent super-hero and fell flat on her face.  It's sort of appropriate in a way, though, because it goes to show that freedom and happiness is never going to be provided to these women by some man, certainly not by Kody and not by some fictional millionaire.  It will have to come from each woman living on her own, finding herself, and then maybe finding love with someone else, someone normal.  But the key to getting there is for each of them to learn to be okay alone, and nothing about their lifestyle encourages that kind of thinking.  No husband, no heaven for you!   It's a crippling belief system, and I hope their children - each and every one - ends up rejecting it.

• Love 9

Well some of you clearly missed the societal message that a woman's value lies in her physical attractiveness (and you can't be attractive if you are fat).

I strongly recommend y'all read more Cosmo.

• Love 8

Any woman willing to share their man with three other women, and have children with a man with that many other kids and baby mama's has a serious lack of self esteem in my opinion. Their religion likely influenced them to make this lifestyle choice a long time ago, but they've all had ample opportunity to make different choices along the way.

• Love 5

The idea that the four wives are only with Kody because no one else would have their fat asses is belied by the fact that none of them were really all that heavy when they first married KaDouche, so there's that.  I think Robyn in particular deserves a break since she has either been pregnant or just had a baby for most of the show, so it's not really fair to call her "disgustingly  fat."  Not that it's really fair to call anyone that, imo (especially any woman who has birthed out half a dozen babies) but I'm not going to bother tackling that particular issue since Black Widow already did a nice job of combing out the tangles in that unfortunate statement. 

I agree with Dakota Justice, the main problem these women suffer in the "appeals to other men" department has more to do with their personalities than anything else.  I see flashes of humor and warmth in Christine, but she is so broken down by her relationship with Kody it's almost erased her spirit.  Janelle seems strong and has an air of wisdom about her, but her relationship with Kody has soured that energy into an air of mild resentment and disdain for the others that makes her a lot less appealing.   There is something about the way so many of the kids seem to adore Meri which makes me think there is a very warm person in there somewhere, but her life with Kody has left her so detached and bitter, she is not going to attract anyone but a catfish until she gets a handle on her feelings and remembers who she is.

It would be interesting to see how their personalities might morph into something much more appealing if they were away from Kody and the compound lifestyle that seems to suck them dry emotionally and spiritually.  

Meri made a grab at escape, but unfortunately she attached her wagon to the star of a non-existent super-hero and fell flat on her face.  It's sort of appropriate in a way, though, because it goes to show that freedom and happiness is never going to be provided to these women by some man, certainly not by Kody and not by some fictional millionaire.  It will have to come from each woman living on her own, finding herself, and then maybe finding love with someone else, someone normal.  But the key to getting there is for each of them to learn to be okay alone, and nothing about their lifestyle encourages that kind of thinking.  No husband, no heaven for you!   It's a crippling belief system, and I hope their children - each and every one - ends up rejecting it.

Hear hear. I don't give shit one how much they weigh. The crux of my beef with the wives (and with Kody) is that I find them disgustingly complacent, disgustingly arrogant, disgustingly duplicitous, and disgustingly entitled. Its the assholes of the world who tweak my judgmental side, whether they come in size 0 or size 36. Disgusting is as disgusting does.

• Love 10

I just did. Especially interesting are the smug tweets from Meri that are featured. My first thought: apparently, she doesnt know what every high school senior understands: your public social media output matters.

She seriously thinks she's mature/healthy enough for a career in a helping profession? Or that future employers don't or won't see (and balk at) any of this? Unfortunately for her, she can delete all she wants down the road, but a lot of her more questionable activities will live on forever on other sites.

Idiot.

• Love 1

Meri may have the desire to be a "helping" professional but she'll never get there. She lacks the commitment to follow through with the educational and licensure requirements. Retweeting self-help/inspirational quotes is the closest she'll come to that profession. Thank goodness!

• Love 4

Meri may have the desire to be a "helping" professional but she'll never get there. She lacks the commitment to follow through with the educational and licensure requirements. Retweeting self-help/inspirational quotes is the closest she'll come to that profession. Thank goodness!

Pretty much like the rest of this bunch with the possible exception of Janelle (or as she's known at CJ's blog "Jangle").

I don't think it's their physical attractiveness or lack thereof for me as much as it is the fact that they don't really have sparkling personalities. They come off as super annoying.

At least to me!

Part of this aannoyingness I believe is the blatant faking it for tv, though for some reason at the beginning it didn't seem so fake. It's as if someone has been coaching them 'don't be too happy, it's boring' , or 'don't be too sad, it's depressing'... Either way, pretty sure we have not been getting the whole story.

I see flashes of humor and warmth in Christine, but she is so broken down by her relationship with Kody it's almost erased her spirit.  Janelle seems strong and has an air of wisdom about her, but her relationship with Kody has soured that energy into an air of mild resentment and disdain for the others that makes her a lot less appealing... It would be interesting to see how their personalities might morph into something much more appealing if they were away from Kody and the compound lifestyle that seems to suck them dry emotionally and spiritually. ...

Their religion likely influenced them to make this lifestyle choice a long time ago, but they've all had ample opportunity to make different choices along the way.

It couldn't be that the one thing had an effect on the other, could it? This is why I give them a break re this "ample opportunity" thing.

I don't know if they felt like they did have anywhere to go, or resources.Many people don't get that in some of these plyg groups, the whole system is run by those in it, the courts, the police, etc. It's hard to imagine what they would be like had they not been raised and lived in this type of marriage which fosters competition, scheming and manipulating for everything one needs- and that is even if one bothers to even try, or just gives up and makes a decision not to give a crap in order to cope, which is what it looks like Janelle did.

I just did. Especially interesting are the smug tweets from Meri that are featured. My first thought: apparently, she doesnt know what every high school senior understands: your public social media output matters.

She seriously thinks she's mature/healthy enough for a career in a helping profession? Or that future employers don't or won't see (and balk at) any of this? Unfortunately for her, she can delete all she wants down the road, but a lot of her more questionable activities will live on forever on other sites.

Oh she could probably still get some kind of counseling gig, especially with teens, not in spite of her foibles, but maybe because of them. I don't think anything she has done and/or tweeted and so on is of that great of import, especially compared to the rest of the population. I doubt her social media cliche posters or old catfish tweets most people give a hoot about. It's silly but hardly a crime.

I hope she doesn't give up on her counseling thing, but more importantly that she doesn't make the mistake of thinking because the catfish was a fraud, that by contrast kody and crew must be a genuine and 'safe place' for her. That would be a huge mistake in reasoning, to believe they have her best interests at heart (that do not include something in it for THEM, like being a free on-call babysitter, maybe?). Any kind of school or vocational training , something for herself, would be a step up. I'm sure they would love for her to think, oh Meri has burned her bridges, all she has now is us. That is more plyg isolationist kool-aid

• Love 3

Well, isn't this interesting?

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1115559/sister-wives-robyn-brown-shares-family-photo

From the article:

Sister Wives has yet to be renewed for Season 7, but it's confirmed that Meri Brown will not return if it is. After suffering a public catfishing scandal, Brown seems to be through with the public eye. Thankfully for the fans, there's enough new baby drama to keep everyone entertained, should TLC choose to renew the series.

• Love 4
Thankfully for the fans, there's enough new baby drama to keep everyone entertained, should TLC choose to renew the series.

Seriously, unless the kid shot out of the womb like a cannonball and started walking and talking, what the heck kind of drama can there be, especially after eleventy-seven kids.  Bad news, TLC, none of us gives a crap.

• Love 8
I wonder how she will support herself without a reality TV job?

Well, don't the Brown Clowns preach that polygamy means "all for one and one for all"?  Since they are all Sister Wives won't she have loved and supported and have equal rights and all of her bills paid like all of the others?  Isn't that the point of polygamy?

• Love 2

JO couldn't get any dummies to donate to her JO-Catfish documentary, so now she is using 'Sam' to promote some bullshit cult survivor foundation gofundme page. Like the other gofundme, zero donations.

Sam also plans to release all the explicit texts, voicemails and pictures that he has from his "relationship" with Meri. All JO wants is a "sorry" from Meri. Why should Meri say "sorry"?! This special area will be password protected. I'm sure the only people to gain admission will be JO's alter personalities.

Strange situation via Twitter Trolls if anyone is still following this "story". One of them @Netterrrr went to Jackie's house and took pictures of the outside and apparently left something in Jackie's truck bed. Does anyone else think that's crossing any lines and bordering on stalking (just wondering?) Also that person doing the documentary filmed in LA/Vegas this week so I cannot wait to see what she finds out. 

Strange situation via Twitter Trolls if anyone is still following this "story". One of them @Netterrrr went to Jackie's house and took pictures of the outside and apparently left something in Jackie's truck bed. Does anyone else think that's crossing any lines and bordering on stalking (just wondering?) Also that person doing the documentary filmed in LA/Vegas this week so I cannot wait to see what she finds out. 

Yikes. I'm all for making people aware of JO's tactics so no one else falls prey to her machinations (when "Sam" posted a link to his "friend's" gofundme page for some kind of b.s. group, I reported it to gofundme as fraud), but that's really crazy.

I wish Nev would do a show on JO - she wasn't just manipulating lonely people who believed they had "met" their soul mate online, she was also conning these people out of large sums of cash. Meri may be embarrassed for falling for "Sam" (and frankly, she should be), but she got off easily compared to what some of JO's other victims went through.

honestly, I'm not a fan of Jackie or anything and I think what she did was HORRIBLE - but that's just kind of stalking her. She's mentally ill, we all already know that. She must be to spend 24/7 at home inventing people to be in order to scam people. That's not something a normal person would do. Clearly, we've established there's something wrong with Jackie. These women are constantly taunting and "investigating" her 24/7 via Twitter, forums, Facebook, etc. I know what she did to many women/men and Meri is "asking for it" but really, she's going to snap at some point. I fear for her elderly mom, who she lives with. 

• Love 2