Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

On 4/1/2024 at 5:08 PM, Meow Mix said:

Aw, I'm so glad she has Zona for that.  It is true, pets know when you need some comfort. 

I haven't had a dog very long so I am new to this.  I was having a horrible time at work and was super upset for several weeks.  At one point, my boy Newton came over and just laid his head on my shoulder.  I really needed it!  Love that big boy.

I am glad Meri has Jen and Zona.  They both seem to make her happy.  Watching old episodes reminds me of how bad she looked for a long time.  Had to be a lot of the pain she felt from Kody mucking up her countenance.  Maybe we can blame Kody for those eyebrows as well.  Robyn's have taken on the same look so...

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That’s not a bad message - and I love that dog!

I am starting to like Meri.  Right as it seems she is really starting to like herself.

• Like 22
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am starting to like Meri.  Right as it seems she is really starting to like herself.

Same, I did not expect this redemption arc but I'm glad it's here!

• Like 17
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, zenme said:

Maybe being in a family where she didn’t feel loved by her spouse made her a beyotch.

From the stories and pictures, she and Kootie did have feelings for each other early on.  It was after he  took another wife that he turned into the ass that we know and hate.  Meri had a choice and she chose the bitch route.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
12 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

From the stories and pictures, she and Kootie did have feelings for each other early on.  It was after he  took another wife that he turned into the ass that we know and hate.  Meri had a choice and she chose the bitch route.

I agree she had a choice and I have said before in other threads that Meri has made a ton of bad choices in her life.  I do understand, though because it wears you down and changes you when people around you treat you like the bad guy who is the root of all their problems.  She should have put Kody in the rear view mirror a long time ago.  No one needs to be told over and over that they are not desirable or wanted.  I hope Christine has some sense of what Meri went through over the years because Kody turned off on Meri long before he did with Christine.  

• Like 10
52 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I hope Christine has some sense of what Meri went through over the years because Kody turned off on Meri long before he did with Christine.  

Actually, Meri was first wife in every possible way and reigning as queen bee, until Robyn came along. Christine was never awarded the same love, respect or privileges. Their marriage was doomed before it had even started.

Meri and Kody’s fall out didn’t happen until much later, when Robyn had firmly established herself as 4th 1st wife.

• Like 10
On 4/24/2024 at 9:00 PM, LilyD said:

Actually, Meri was first wife in every possible way and reigning as queen bee, until Robyn came along. Christine was never awarded the same love, respect or privileges. Their marriage was doomed before it had even started.

Meri and Kody’s fall out didn’t happen until much later, when Robyn had firmly established herself as 4th 1st wife.

I used to think so but from the small kernels of truth we get I have doubt. In the book (half fiction probably) they talk about the t rough times between Meri and Kody -  prior to the show. And at some point Meri realized she was not getting 1/3 of his time...mostly because he had tenders with Christine and Janelle.

And of course we learned just last season, Kody melted down the ring Meri gave him with intention "to release himself from Meri."  A deliberate act against her. And the story about how he gave heaps of presents to Christine and none to Meri years and years before... 

I think Janelle was the OG Kody whisperer prior to Robyn. His "intellectual equal" - she had his ear. And she for sure planted seeds. Christine was a "princess." Meri was a "b**ch."

I don't think Christine was ever the favorite but she did "earn favor" by having 6 babies- which definitely is the way to get more attention. She was the "fun one" and by all accounts she wanted to be the "third wife" for a reason - "the last one."
 The last one always gets perks. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Something went awry once Kody married Janelle, long before the catfish put the final nail in the coffin. 

Could be that Meri defensively lorded it over Janelle and then Christine to maintain her position of power. This was not the harmonious blending of happy homemakers that Kody had envisioned.

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Something went awry once Kody married Janelle, long before the catfish put the final nail in the coffin. 

Could be that Meri defensively lorded it over Janelle and then Christine to maintain her position of power. This was not the harmonious blending of happy homemakers that Kody had envisioned.

I would be surprised if ONE plyg marriage had a harmonious blending of happy homemakers.  In all of history.  People aren't made like that.  This is the big con that they keep feeding mormon fundy women to keep them in line and the men in charge.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2

Can anyone give me the condensed version of whatever Meri is up to now with her dramatic "Worthy Up" IG posts?  I saw one post that looked like she was announcing a podcast, or a world speaking tour or something, complete with a blurry fade-in and mysterious words like "To Be Continued."  I wasn't paying close enough attention but yet, I am curious. And lazy. :)

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Can anyone give me the condensed version of whatever Meri is up to now with her dramatic "Worthy Up" IG posts?  I saw one post that looked like she was announcing a podcast, or a world speaking tour or something, complete with a blurry fade-in and mysterious words like "To Be Continued."  I wasn't paying close enough attention but yet, I am curious. And lazy. :)

I think she is trying to set herself up as some sort of Life Coach.

I will not be enlisting.

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
46 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I think she is trying to set herself up as some sort of Life Coach.

Well, sure.  Who wouldn't want to emulate her Amazing Boss Babe Highly Filtered lifestyle.

• LOL 10
On 4/26/2024 at 12:08 PM, Sandy W said:

I feel that Meri was, and in some ways still is, very "proprietary" over Kody. As if he was somehow more "hers" because she was there first. Meri felt that she and Kody started this family together--it was "theirs." And until Robyn came in and staged a bloodless coup, Meri still felt that way despite her failing relationship with Kody.

Even after Garrison's death, Meri was defending Kody on one of her lives. I'm not saying she was wrong, but why doesn't the man defend himself if he is being unfairly blamed? I don't see Kody defending Meri against any abuse accusations.

• Like 10
6 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Meri was defending Kody on one of her lives

She actually wasn’t defending him. She received many messages placing blame. She addressed it again in the comments because people just didn’t get it.

EB6E3660-A777-449D-AB79-A854027CA43D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She actually wasn’t defending him. She received many messages placing blame. She addressed it again in the comments because people just didn’t get it.

EB6E3660-A777-449D-AB79-A854027CA43D.jpeg

Yes, I should have said that she was speaking out for him (which is what she was, really) regarding some people blaming him for Garrison's death. It was definitely aimed at those who were targeting Kody rather than just a general statement about how no one is to blame for another person's act of suicide (btw, I agree).

My daughter has had two suicide attempts (she did not succeed, thankfully) and I know now that it is a very complex issue. She has gotten professional help, but has had mental health struggles including a recent stay in the behavioral health unit over the Christmas holiday, in part because she decided to stop taking her meds. She is an adult and no one can force an adult into any king of mental health or addiction treatment--so no, I do not blame Kody.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 15