Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Shopping in Costco, saw two women wearing the ugliest, brightest and tightest leggings ever in some splotchy flower hot mess design.

I thought "hey, that the Lularoe stuff my Sister Wives board is talking about.   You guys live in my head.  ;)

• Love 6

Seems like if she keeps raiding her stock for clothes to wear, she is going to seriously cut into her profit margin.  

Wasn't there a line in Scarface about never doing your own coke that is meant to be sold?  Don't get high on your own supply?  Someone needs to remind Meri of this little business insight. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Seems like if she keeps raiding her stock for clothes to wear, she is going to seriously cut into her profit margin.  

Wasn't there a line in Scarface about never doing your own coke that is meant to be sold?  Don't get high on your own supply?  Someone needs to remind Meri of this little business insight. 

Yup 

• Love 1

Wasn't there a line in Scarface about never doing your own coke that is meant to be sold?  Don't get high on your own supply?

Also "don't inhale the retail".  But the Browns are such crack salespeople (pun intended) that I'm sure that never occurred to her.

• Love 3

Well, in Meri's defense (don't get used to it though) wearing the clothes can be an advertisement for them.  I guess. 

Had a friend who was selling MLM costume jewelry, and she wore tons of it every day (still with the tags on the necklaces anyway) and sold it right off her neck/wrist.  Obviously no one wants to buy earrings that have already been worn so she kept her display cases in the trunk of her car just in case.  I saw this happen many times.

That said, she still ended up losing a small fortune because the company, just like LLR, encourged her to front load - the more she sold, the more she bought.

• Love 1
On 12/6/2016 at 8:41 AM, ChicksDigScars said:

OMG. There is a Facebook group called "WTF. Lularoe Fails," mostly devoted to the bad patterns.  Obviously, you order this stuff from a catalog and don't see what it actually looks like until it comes?

Gotta love the dress with with "X" marks all over it....almost perfectly positioned over the woman's boobs. X marks the spots!

Well, I guess we can better understand the popularity of the big sweaters.

• Love 1

I was at a birthday luncheon today and heard a friend say she is going to give a LLR party. She'd never been to one but someone suggested it because she is a large size woman who wear a lot of colorful leggings already. I stayed silent mostly because I didn't want to confess I knew a thing about Sister Wives. I don't know when her party will be, but I'm afraid I will not be able to attend. I already know getting out of it will not be easy. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What is facebook jail?  These social media things are a mystery to me.

Facebook clamping down on abuse/overuse/copyright infringement. I also believe it's a precursor of eventually monetizing the site at least for businesses/MLMs because there are way too many MLMs on FB and it's super annoying. 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140714173554-11339763-how-to-avoid-facebook-jail-or-facebook-time-out-for-your-company

• Love 3
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Facebook clamping down on abuse/overuse/copyright infringement. I also believe it's a precursor of eventually monetizing the site at least for businesses/MLMs because there are way too many MLMs on FB and it's super annoying. 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140714173554-11339763-how-to-avoid-facebook-jail-or-facebook-time-out-for-your-company

Good for Facebook. 75% o my newsfeed seems to be somebody trying to sell me something. 

• Love 7

What gets me about the comments on the FB page is not only are the people there blaming "haters" and "trolls" but also saying they're going to contact Facebook and protest that she's being targeted, even though a few consultants are admitting that they get put in FBJ pretty often as well. 

I'm guessing that Pay to Play is coming on FB for MLMs, as it should be.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

What gets me about the comments on the FB page is not only are the people there blaming "haters" and "trolls" but also saying they're going to contact Facebook and protest that she's being targeted, even though a few consultants are admitting that they get put in FBJ pretty often as well. 

I'm guessing that Pay to Plsy is coming on FB for MLMs, as it should be.

This is part of the reason I quit FB months ago. I had friends who were constantly posting about LLR or whatever business they were pushing at the time--love my friends but it was too much and it was constant. Glad to hear they're cracking down on this (not that I'm gonna ever go back, I love feeling free of FB).

• Love 2

I'm finding it a special kind of dread that people are publishing articles and books on how to market via Facebook.  It looks like Meri needs to read one because she violates many of boundaries that author gave so it wouldn't take a "hater" to report her.  Facebook tracking would catch her. 

• Love 4

What's the deal with these Lu la roe things anyways? It seems there's always some "trend" marketing thing going on. A couple years ago it was nail wraps; now it's leggings. I know people who latch on to whatever trend is going on and then it disappears.

• Love 2

This 'I don't agree with you or am calling you out for something that is just plain wrong so now I'm a hater' thing is very immature & ridiculous.

In this case I guess the rules aren't supposed to apply to her - why - because she's a 'star' or something? puleeze

• Love 3

I was invited to a LuLaRoe party that was last night -- I would not have known what it was except for this forum. It so-o-o-o isn't my style. So I was in a dither, but after 4 inches of snow the temperature dropped to 4 and the hill that is my driveway wasn't cleared until 9:30 PM. I like to think of it as a little heavenly intervention. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, mbutterfly said:

I was invited to a LuLaRoe party that was last night -- I would not have known what it was except for this forum. It so-o-o-o isn't my style. So I was in a dither, but after 4 inches of snow the temperature dropped to 4 and the hill that is my driveway wasn't cleared until 9:30 PM. I like to think of it as a little heavenly intervention. 

I've been reading about these idiots for so long today, when you said "hill" my brain registered it as "heal". Somebody please intervene!

• Love 4
On 12/14/2016 at 4:01 PM, mbutterfly said:

Lol. I'm not a fan either except maybe for lounging around in them with the flu.

On a more serious note, if Meri wants to have a business, she really would be good at events/wedding planner. Forget LuLaRoe! Problem is those types of jobs take soooo much time and you pretty much need to be available all the time for every little crisis. 

• Love 1

Small scale event planning is a good place to start when she  leaves and I think she will.  

I hope meeting this woman who was catfished turns out to be a friend and gives her what she needs to leave. That being a place to relocate and not totally alone in  that huge leap.  Now if she used her real name or even facts about her life that would identify her, she is in trouble of another kind.  Her voice is easily recognized if they spoke. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

On a more serious note, if Meri wants to have a business, she really would be good at events/wedding planner.

I think Meri knows on some level that the second she tried to start something like this, the Kodester would involve himself because he's got so much more experience and brains than she does. I mean look at what he did with the My Sisterwives' Closet junk. So instead she's doing something that it's almost impossible for him to get involved in with the LLR. It's really unfortunate for her because if she had a thriving business, she might be able to escape.

• Love 2

LuLaRoe clothes look like Punky Brewster attire.    

Meri might be good at rounding up her own herd  during events...but that's a far cry from being a wedding or event planner. She has no worldly experience...no sense of style...isn't a "closer" & she  has a piss poor  pouty personality. 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, MegD said:

I think Meri knows on some level that the second she tried to start something like this, the Kodester would involve himself because he's got so much more experience and brains than she does. I mean look at what he did with the My Sisterwives' Closet junk. So instead she's doing something that it's almost impossible for him to get involved in with the LLR. It's really unfortunate for her because if she had a thriving business, she might be able to escape.

I follow her LLR group page with her sales.  She probably "makes" $12 on each pair of leggings sold, but I read today she was up until 2 AM doing this - unboxing new LLR shipments, sorting out the clothes, pressing and hanging for the live sale because you don't want things to have creases and such, taking photos, posting on FB about her live feeds, two one-hour live feeds, of which she has to constantly monitor the comments for that first "Sold" comment then after the sale, send out invoices for payment (stating last week she is only giving 15 minutes after the invoice is sent for the buyer to pay) then having to print out mailing labels and package for shipment once payment is confirmed as received...if she sold 20 pairs of leggings in an hour (that's a high estimate) that's $240 profit but she is literally spending most of her day and a good portion of the night doing this.  Divide the "profit" by hours spent and she's making less than minimum wage I bet.  At this point she's probably being encouraged to roll the profits plus more into more inventory and acting like this isn't just a fad.  In MLM the house always wins.

14 minutes ago, Sista Snarky said:

LuLaRoe clothes look like Punky Brewster attire.    

Meri might be good at rounding up her own herd  during events...but that's a far cry from being a wedding or event planner. She has no worldly experience...no sense of style...isn't a "closer" & she  has a piss poor  pouty personality. 

She is just reselling overpriced niche clothing.  All of what you say is spot on, not to mention that not a one of these adults have any real business experience or talent for business.  She's been getting a bit bitchier with each live feed.  I bet she thought it was gonna be all sunshine and butterflies and fun fun fun.  

• Love 4

I have sold things, household and used children's clothes on a Facebook yard sale site local to me. I price things well, and I don't sell junk. The time it takes me to take pictures, post, respond, set up a meet and get paid works out to more an hour than I make at my regular job. I don't think Meri considers the time she's putting in vs her profit at all.

Does Twitter have a rule regarding her selling? I ask because she hasn't tweeted anything about it in quite a while.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I follow her LLR group page with her sales.  She probably "makes" $12 on each pair of leggings sold, but I read today she was up until 2 AM doing this - unboxing new LLR shipments, sorting out the clothes, pressing and hanging for the live sale because you don't want things to have creases and such, taking photos, posting on FB about her live feeds, two one-hour live feeds, of which she has to constantly monitor the comments for that first "Sold" comment then after the sale, send out invoices for payment (stating last week she is only giving 15 minutes after the invoice is sent for the buyer to pay) then having to print out mailing labels and package for shipment once payment is confirmed as received...if she sold 20 pairs of leggings in an hour (that's a high estimate) that's $240 profit but she is literally spending most of her day and a good portion of the night doing this.  Divide the "profit" by hours spent and she's making less than minimum wage I bet.  At this point she's probably being encouraged to roll the profits plus more into more inventory and acting like this isn't just a fad.  In MLM the house always wins.

I am exhausted just reading that!  Sounds like a ridiculous amount of work.  Whoever came up with the Lularoe scheme must be LOL-ing all the way to the bank...mass-produce oddly patterned leggings and ginormous sweaters/t-shirts, put the outfits together in the dark, turn on the lights and take pictures of those outfits no matter how vertigo-inducing the resulting combinations are, shove them in mailers and let someone else re-sell them.  Brilliant!!

• Love 7

"There's a sucker born every minute" - attributed to PT Barnum.

Sadly, there are a large number of suckers out there that follow any number of dubious schemes.  Thus the success of pyramid MLMs.  I fear for the future sometimes.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Don't worry. We've only reached "kakistocracy" levels of stupidity so far. It will take at least 4 years to reach "idiocracy" levels. :P

New word for me.  It is encouraging however that it is an old word from 1829.  The more things change....

• Love 4
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I am exhausted just reading that!  Sounds like a ridiculous amount of work.  Whoever came up with the Lularoe scheme must be LOL-ing all the way to the bank...mass-produce oddly patterned leggings and ginormous sweaters/t-shirts, put the outfits together in the dark, turn on the lights and take pictures of those outfits no matter how vertigo-inducing the resulting combinations are, shove them in mailers and let someone else re-sell them.  Brilliant!!

Seems to be an awful amount of work to do and this fad will probably fade as did those nail wraps. She's a little late to the LuLaRoe Rodeo but I'm sure her followers are buying them from her and it gives her something to do.  

And maybe I'm wrong.......I thought those pajama grams were stupid but know someone who sells them, has employees and makes a real living.

I never head of lularoe before coming here. Maybe it's not a big thing in the Chicago area. I was recently invited to another clothes show  in someone's house, but the clothes are really expensive and only come in tiny sizes so I passed

Edited by Madding crowd
50 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

People iron knit tshirt and maxi skirts? 

I give Lularoe another year tops before it bottoms out. The market is over saturated and there are scads of leggings on eBay already.

Hustle while you can, Meri.

I saw what you did there.  Thanks for the laugh.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

People iron knit tshirt and maxi skirts? 

I give Lularoe another year tops before it bottoms out. The market is over saturated and there are scads of leggings on eBay already.

Hustle while you can, Meri.

LOL at that second sentence.  I guess I meant she steams them.  In my distant past I worked at a Lane Bryant (back in the late 80's!) and we'd have to steam the creases out of new inventory pretty often so it looked decent on the hanger.

At eye doctor today, I asked a woman where she got her leggings. Lularoe!  She does not watch Sister wives. She bought them from a woman at work who sells it who is not Mormon. LOL. 

So this is how it works. You sign up to be a Lularoe consultant on their site. You buy the clothes from them wholesale and sell them. Kind of like a mini Macys. You choose what you want to buy.  The quality or taste level is Lularoe. Meri has no part in that. 

This may have been posted already and I missed it.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, wings707 said:

At eye doctor today, I asked a woman where she got her leggings. Lularoe!  She does not watch Sister wives. She bought them from a woman at work who sells it who is not Mormon. LOL. 

So this is how it works. You sign up to be a Lularoe consultant on their site. You buy the clothes from them wholesale and sell them. Kind of like a mini Macys. You choose what you want to buy.  The quality or taste level is Lularoe. Meri has no part in that. 

This may have been posted already and I missed it.

It's similar to those Jamberry nail wraps everyone was doing a couple years ago. Problem with this kind of thing is, once lots of people become consultants, there are fewer buyers and it eventually fizzles out. I have a few friends who were doing LLR, not sure if they still have any interest or sales anymore.

I think what Meri has going for her right now are her followers. That's got to help, but it won't last. These kind of ventures almost always go tits up after it's been around and everyone's tired of leggings. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Another Brown going on vacation, but not with family. The suspense of where, oh my!

Not necessarily a vacation, though.  Just something she's always wanted to do .  Belly dancing?