Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

Shannon did not have another scan done-she got a copy of her report from a previous scan to take to the Reunion. Big difference. Tamra, Heather and Shannon have all said pretty much the same thing, it wasn't the Brooks cancer or no cancer it was their friendship with Vicki and how it was impacted. here is more of the Reunion and what there is to look forward to: http://www.etonline.com/tv/175572_vicki_gunvalson_shares_red_flags/

Shannon would have had to contact Newport imaging to obtain a copy of her scan. Not really a big difference. Semantics really. Minutiae. I think the women are pretending to care but if they care about anything it's lost airtime and that we are talking about Vicki and Brooks, not them. In fact, I can barely recall any of them being on the show save Meghan and her nodding in agreement with herself.

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 5

Heather only found out about the lie, from Tamra right before the Baptism, she then confirmed it via phone with Briana and then Shannon revealed at the party that Vicki also told her the same lie in October and Heather went and asked Vicki about that lie right away, she did NOT wait. Vicki denied saying that lie, she claimed she was in OK at the time the Terry/IV thing was supposed to have happened. Vicki only admitted to the lie at the reunion.....and then claimed she made up that lie for sympathy and casseroles from her fellow cast members. Again, Heather did not rake Vicki over the coals, she didn't yell/raise her voice, call Vicki a "liar" or any other names, Heather handled it like an adult, she addressed the lie, got Vicki to confirm it was a lie and then moved on.

Who said Heather raked Vicki over the coals, she didn't yell/raise her voice, call Vicki a "liar" or any other names?

I don't think she handled it like an adult.  A adult would have addressed it and moved on.

Heather didn't move on; she and the rest of the women did not let this go.

• Love 2

I don't think any of these women did anything wrong in regards to Vicki & Brooks lies.  Because the bottom line is Vicki & Brooks lied about him having cancer in order to get sympathy (& in Vicki's case... casseroles).  And as it turns out it isn't the first time Brooks has lied about it.

I have issues with some of the other women for various reasons (Tamra's Naked Wasted never stops being dispicible for example) but not with regards to outing this cancer sham.  The moment we shift focus off of Brooks & Vicki's lies & shame the other women for exposing them is like we are saying what Brooks & Vicki did is acceptable. All my own opinion, of course

• Love 15

No I'm not saying what Brooks and Vicki did is acceptable.  I do not think that.  This would be a non-story if Tamra and the others didn't keep it going all season.

I said before, if Brooks lied about it then it only magnifies what a waste of person he is, but all this fake outrage and detective work doesn't make these women look very good either.  If they just let Brooks hang himself if he doesn't really have cancer then the work is done without making themselves look bad in the process as well.

• Love 13

Heather and Terry are by far the biggest fame whores on this show so if they were mad it was for shallow vapid attention. They had no storyline. Nothing anybody said about him could ruin his reputation more than The Swan and Bridalplasty did.

I agree on the one hand, but on the other, Terry made the choice to show off his IMO bad way with noses and boobs on those shows.  On this one, Brooks and Vicki lied about something that is apparently completely contrary to responsible medical practice, and said that he and another physician decided to practice medicine in a lawless, Dr. Conrad Murray kind of way and IV Crooks at Vicki's home.  It's not just a lie but would show a level of flouting typical practice that would alarm any reasonable person.  I think it's very fucked up that Vicki and Brooks insisted on this lie and roped Terry into this, lying all the while, and I think Terry has all of the charm of a clot of bubblegum on a sidewalk.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 9

I agree on the one hand, but on the other, Terry made the choice to show off his IMO bad way with noses and boobs on those shows. On this one, Brooks and Vicki lied about something that is apparently completely contrary to responsible medical practice, and said that he and another physician decided to practice medicine in a lawless, Dr. Conrad Murray kind of way and IV Crooks at Vicki's home. It's not just a lie but would show a level of flouting typical practice that would alarm any reasonable person. I think it's very fucked up that Vicki and Brooks insisted on this lie and roped Terry into this, lying all the while, and I think Terry has all of the charm of a clot of bubblegum on a sidewalk.

That's the thing. They would definitely need to clear up that Terry is not some wild west Doc. Dubrow showing up to people's houses to give IV's to people. That's malpractice type stuff. Even Brooks own doctor would have met him at the emergency room to give the IV.

• Love 4

I agree, and I don't care about the women's motives in trying to expose the lies, and i hope this isn't offensive, but I don't think it's cute to mock in theory desperate people who see a seeming cure or option for cancer on a show and think "maybe" to themselves.  Desperate people in terrible straits are desperate people in terrible straits, and aren't stupid, whatever they decide, because they might theoretically be swayed by the campaign of two lying scumbags to 'prove' a 'cured' cancer for their own selfish reasons.  At some point during all of this conning, Vicki and Brooks sought to gain financially from this apparently via the juicing service shown, and they both wore t-shirts to advertise that woman's company, and had the meeting with the doctor filmed and aired.  

It's incredibly offensive and cruel to posture as if there are these hopeful treatments, look at me using them, when the person in question has lied his skunk ass off about everything, and was abetted in doing so by a porcine g.d. loser trashbag like Vicki.  It's a different quality of lie than most housewives lies.

There was no campaign, be it for the use of resveratrol or the juicing crap. I would think that desperate people would do a little research on their own before just taking the word of a man (that is considered a liar and a grifter) on a semi/scripted reality show. That's what I think is ridiculous, NOT that desperate people will try anything. Almost all of the housewives have tried to make money and many of the products they promote could be thought of as questionable as to its worth. Or even if the product actually exist (in Sonja's case). They certainly don't have everyone's well being at heart, they just want to strike it rich. There are laws in place to protect the consumer, but the buyer has a responsibility to his money too.
  • Love 6

That's priceless kungfubunny!

My Noncologoist dun tole me I gots NonHoppingLimpingNoma!!!!

After my scan, we went over my report

There was a big flashing "E" - the Xerox um I mean doctor said there was a Error. I think he's lying to me!!! E is for everywhere....in Ashley from Princesses of Long Island voice....H E L P  M E

The bottom of the scan says Page 4 - but I swear they told me that was a typo - they meant stage 4.

Yeah yeah yeah...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I would like vegetable casseroles - preferably made of lettuce and carrots

• Love 11

Who said Heather raked Vicki over the coals, she didn't yell/raise her voice, call Vicki a "liar" or any other names?

I don't think she handled it like an adult.  A adult would have addressed it and moved on.

Heather didn't move on; she and the rest of the women did not let this go.

She did move on, she asked why she, Vicki said it and after she heard the explanation she moved on. That the others, Shannon/Tamra/Briana/Meghan asked questions is on them, NOT Heather.

• Love 1

The question no one is asking is why didn't Brooks have Vicki call his own doctor when he was feeling so sick?   Why? Because he didn't have one to call.

EXACTLY! AND Vicki had to have know he was lying to begin or she would have called his DR right off the bat to begin with, not Briana.

• Love 11

There was no campaign, be it for the use of resveratrol or the juicing crap. I would think that desperate people would do a little research on their own before just taking the word of a man (that is considered a liar and a grifter) on a semi/scripted reality show. That's what I think is ridiculous, NOT that desperate people will try anything. Almost all of the housewives have tried to make money and many of the products they promote could be thought of as questionable as to its worth. Or even if the product actually exist (in Sonja's case). They certainly don't have everyone's well being at heart, they just want to strike it rich. There are laws in place to protect the consumer, but the buyer has a responsibility to his money too.

There was, as much as there ever is - of Kyle on RHOBH to advertise The Agency, of Heather and Bethenny to wear logos indicating their businesses on RHONY.  They wore branded clothes and spotlit the practitioners for a treatment Brooks did not need because he IMO did not have cancer.  It's all lies.  It's selling hope to an audience that by definition will include some terminally ill people.  It's the kind of thing that got Kevin Trudeau imprisoned, eventually.  It's serious shit and I don't think it's okay to go after potential believers when we have two scumbag Liarfaces, to use Vicki's sophisticated phrasing, right in front of us on this here program!

• Love 7

She did move on, she asked why she, Vicki said it and after she heard the explanation she moved on. That the others, Shannon/Tamra/Briana/Meghan asked questions is on them, NOT Heather.

If she moved on, she sure could have fooled me, unless there was some serious editng going on with the reunion show and Heather did not open her mouth at all for the rest of time.

• Love 4

If she moved on, she sure could have fooled me, unless there was some serious editng going on with the reunion show and Heather did not open her mouth at all for the rest of time.

Heather did move on from the Terry/IV lie! Did she/they stop talking about all of Vicki's/Brooks's other cancer lies, NO, they told so many lies about his "BScancerBS" that it took up a chunk of the reunion but the ones to blame for that are Vicki/Brooks, not the others.

• Love 2

Heather did move on from the Terry/IV lie! Did she/they stop talking about all of Vicki's/Brooks's other cancer lies, NO, they told so many lies about his "BScancerBS" that it took up a chunk of the reunion but the ones to blame for that are Vicki/Brooks, not the others.

They ALL kept the story going all season.

They didn't have to keep the Brooks cancer lie going if they were so worried about their own storylines being relegated to the back bench.

Edited by Lyra Angelica
  • Love 5

Say you have a group of 6 friends.   One of the friends is Vicki and the rest of the group is starting to hear strange stories, are questioning whether Vicki is lying about it AND to them.

I don't know about anyone else, but something as serious as cancer that is all I would be talking about with this group of friends.   I expect friends not to lie to and then treat me horribly when I ask them a valid question.

I would probably talk about it for a long time because faking cancer is despicable and I would be horrified and disgusted by my now ex friend.

• Love 15

They didn't have to keep the Brooks cancer lie going if they were so worried about their own storylines being relegated to the back bench.

For all the footage we saw with the women talking about V/B/cancer/lies, I am sure that there is an equal amount of film that has nothing to do with V/B/cancer/lies as well. As has been pointed out here time and time again, we only get to see what production wants us to see and production decided that outing Brooks/Vicki's cancer lies were first and foremost this season. IMO, his/their lies had to have been pretty bad/big for production to out them the way they did.

• Love 10

Using a psychic and Tamra Judge as catalysts for the whole cancer/not cancer plot tells me production was more interested in sensationalism and less interested in exposing a possible malingerer out of great concern for society.

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 10

No I'm not saying what Brooks and Vicki did is acceptable.  I do not think that.  This would be a non-story if Tamra and the others didn't keep it going all season.

I said before, if Brooks lied about it then it only magnifies what a waste of person he is, but all this fake outrage and detective work doesn't make these women look very good either.  If they just let Brooks hang himself if he doesn't really have cancer then the work is done without making themselves look bad in the process as well.

Wasn't that essentially Tamra's advice to Meghan?  Say from the day of the CUT Fitness meeting forward the other four women decided Brooks was lying and has been the advice of many here the other women didn't engage Vicki or Brooks any longer  out of umbrage for being lied to or sucked into his cancer. Would that have not left things kind of hanging?  I mean it would seem like at some point there has to be a discussion why Vicki's duplicity was a deal breaker in the friendship department.  Essentially all these women and I think they did it very gently were trying to give Vicki an out and instead Vicki got angry.  For Vicki to say that Brooks lying about cancer doesn't reflect on her overlooked the bigger issue-lying and castigating her friends for being non-supportive.

Vicki has been on Twitter claiming the scene at her house with Tamra, her anointed warrior, was forced on her by Bravo.  She is claiming they told her if they did the scene the subject would be dropped.  What is interesting is essentially that was the end of the talk directed to her by them.  Even at the finale/baptism, it was Vicki's brother that brought up seeing Brooks records and that collectively the women were not being friends to Vicki.  So I am not seeing a graceful way out of the situation once the question was raised and I don't mean by the plot device the psychic-I mean by Brooks himself both in the media and at CUT Fitness.

• Love 6

Is there going to be a secrets revealed episode?

On Thursday, the full Andy/Brooks interview will be on at 9 pm (EST) and the lost footage show is on right after WWHL at 11:30 pm (EST).

ETA. There is a story on Yahoo/ETonline (Sorry I can not post the link) that Vicki admits to Heather (I think) that she never saw any of Brooks supposed cancer meds, Briana says all Vicki ever saw were vitmains, never prescription meds.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

Really? You think someone watched the show and then called a sick loved one and said.....hey I was watching a craptastic realty show and a guy said he knew a doctor that got better by just using resveratrol and I think you should stop listening to your doctors, stop all other treatments and only use resveratrol? And then that person said fuck yeah, I'm going to be cured? :-)

Kind of boggles, doesn't it?

• Love 4

What boggles my mind is the idea that a Ho'wife selling "fashions,"  jewelry, cosmetics, wine, etc., is morally equivalent to one shilling Cancer Juice, after her healthy-looking (all being relative) live-in has falsely claimed to have active Stage 3 NHL.    

• Love 11

As long as were are listing what boggles our respective minds, I'll throw out what boggles my mind.

It really boggles my mind when any of the RHOC housewives attempts to occupy the moral high ground. Especially considering some of the abominable behavior they have engaged in. In public. On TV. On social media. In other countries (you really can't take them anywhere on this planet).

All I can say is Wow and shut-up.

-----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 5

Thing is chemo is expensive. Up here in Communist Canada our health care is paid for. So we didn't have to try to find upwards of $500k for my husband's treatment. But what happens if you're not insured? Suppose you're a single mom with young kids and no insurance? It's not just stupid people who might turn to Brooks Ayers Purveyor of Magical Mystery Juice (Snake Oil a speciality!). There are plenty of desperate people out there as well.

• Love 9

On Thursday, the full Andy/Brooks interview will be on at 9 pm (EST) and the lost footage show is on right after WWHL at 11:30 pm (EST).

ETA. There is a story on Yahoo/ETonline (Sorry I can not post the link) that Vicki admits to Heather (I think) that she never saw any of Brooks supposed cancer meds, Briana says all Vicki ever saw were vitmains, never prescription meds.

Thanks WW!

• Love 1

I think we need the ability to have a poll on the board.

Does Brooks have the Big C?

A: Yes, Brooks has cancer.

B: No, the son of a bitch is lying liar face who lies.

C: I don't know or haven't formed an opinion.

D: I don't fucking care one way or the other.

I vote D. 

I really don't give a rat's ass whether he has it or not. I'm entertained by the posts on the board and amazed at what we can dig up, and the life experiences and expertise offered to counter or support..

• Love 3

Thing is chemo is expensive. Up here in Communist Canada our health care is paid for. So we didn't have to try to find upwards of $500k for my husband's treatment. But what happens if you're not insured? Suppose you're a single mom with young kids and no insurance? It's not just stupid people who might turn to Brooks Ayers Purveyor of Magical Mystery Juice (Snake Oil a speciality!). There are plenty of desperate people out there as well.

Brooks made the announcement that his Stage 3 NHL was NOT responding to the conventional treatments he was recieving and he was going to QUIT chemo to try resveratrol because he spoke to a Dr that claimed it "CURED" his NHL. He doesn't go into any details after that UNTIL the last few interviews he has given E. He NOW claims his NHL is all but in remission/cured BECAUSE of the nontraditional methods. There will be some % of the population that will try any and all to cure their cancer outside traditional methods, women that develop Breast cancer and refuse to have anything more than a lumpectomy because they don't want to loose their breast(s), refuse chemo because they don't want to loose their hair and some that are more terrified of chemo than the cancer itself. It is these people that Cons, like Brooks, prey on when they promote these as legit "alternative" treatments.

Thanks WW!

You are welcome!

I vote D. 

I really don't give a rat's ass whether he has it or not. I'm entertained by the posts on the board and amazed at what we can dig up, and the life experiences and expertise offered to counter or support..

I vote B! The guy is a scum bag and, IMO, he is hoping that people buy Club Detox products so that he can make some easy $$$$$ and nothing more.

• Love 8

Brooks made the announcement that his Stage 3 NHL was NOT responding to the conventional treatments he was recieving and he was going to QUIT chemo to try resveratrol because he spoke to a Dr that claimed it "CURED" his NHL. He doesn't go into any details after that UNTIL the last few interviews he has given E. He NOW claims his NHL is all but in remission/cured BECAUSE of the nontraditional methods. There will be some % of the population that will try any and all to cure their cancer outside traditional methods, women that develop Breast cancer and refuse to have anything more than a lumpectomy because they don't want to loose their breast(s), refuse chemo because they don't want to loose their hair and some that are more terrified of chemo than the cancer itself. It is these people that Cons, like Brooks, prey on when they promote these as legit "alternative" treatments.

You are welcome!

I vote B! The guy is a scum bag and, IMO, he is hoping that people buy Club Detox products so that he can make some easy $$$$$ and nothing more.

I vote B, and I was one who kept giving ole Brooks the benefit of the doubt!!! I think he's lying bigtime!

• Love 4

D: I don't fucking care one way or ..

I vote B

Brooks is a lying liar face who lies.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

All I know is that Brook's diagnoses' of cancer are very convenient.  From his 'nose' cancer to his 'pancreatic' cancer to his 'NHL' cancer.  They all seem to coincide with 'relationship' problems....

And then his reports and bills are very coincidental with things conveniently found on google.

What are the odds? 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 6

The question no one is asking is why didn't Brooks have Vicki call his own doctor when he was feeling so sick? Why? Because he didn't have one to call.

You hit the nail on the head Cherrio. Briana, Shannon and Heather should have been alerted when hearing Vicki's tall tale that it was a fabricated HW storyline because Brooks was NOT UNDER THE TREATMENT OF ANY DOCTOR for his illness. Why else would Vicki even suggest that Terry call a third party doctor to treat Brooks instead of calling his treating physician?

We are shown Heather questioning Vicki about her IV fabrication during the finale (Baptism last episode). Vicki straight face lies in front of both Heather, Tamra (later in the limo) and the camera by denying she said it.

The next time Heather mentions the fabricated lie regarding her husband is at the reunion. Finally Vicki confesses that IV-Gate was only a fabrication to enhance her "Brooks has cancer RHOC storyline.". Vicki's story is over because at that point we all should have gotten the clear message that Brooks was lying because it showed he HAD NO DOCTOR OF HIS OWN to call if he was suffering from the effects of chemo (dehydration). Vicki had lost her head when fabricating IV-Gate or desperate to keep her rotten orange.

I cannot see Vicki being brought back for another season no matter how high the shows ratings were. Besides her cast I just don't see the production company wanting to work with someone like her on a REALITY show. She may be in need of rehab for her Xanax use IMO.

Regarding Brooks having cancer...I whole heartedly vote: B: No, the son of a bitch is lying liar face who lies.

Edited by talula
  • Love 5

Is there going to be a secrets revealed episode?

As someone mentioned earlier, it will be on Thursday at 11:30 PM. I can't help but wonder why they choss that late time to air it...

Using a psychic and Tamra Judge as catalysts for the whole cancer/not cancer plot tells me production was more interested in sensationalism and less interested in exposing a possible malingerer out of great concern for society.

----

Something occurred to me. I recall reading a copy of the contract (was it linked here?) and noticed a paragraph that prohibits doing product endorsements. I wonder if TPTB got wind of or realized Vicki was attempting to break that part of the contract and decided to set things into motion...
  • Love 4

As someone mentioned earlier, it will be on Thursday at 11:30 PM. I can't help but wonder why they choss that late time to air it...

Something occurred to me. I recall reading a copy of the contract (was it linked here?) and noticed a paragraph that prohibits doing product endorsements. I wonder if TPTB got wind of or realized Vicki was attempting to break that part of the contract and decided to set things into motion...

Some of the RH have provisions where the RH is allowed to hawk their products.  This came out in the Vicki Vodka's lawsuit.  Part of their compensation benefit is selling and promoting their stuff. Now it seems all of them are able to hawk products, flash labels, discuss designers.  Chanel seems to come up a lot on these episodes either the words or the logo. Vicki had the Juice woman and the tacky dress designer-both endorsements of Vicki's on a lot this season.  I get the impression that was the direction Vicki wanted to go just let me shill my crap and forget about any meaningful/interesting storyline about relationships.   Years ago when Vicki had a satellite office in Seattle she claimed they filmed hours and hours of her working in the office.  When it came time to air there was one season of her showing Michael how to staple papers properly.  She was pretty angry and did not get -there is nothing interesting about watching her "fake" work.

• Love 1

I don't really think Heather did, which is why it carried more weight at the end of the season when she seemed to be all in.  The interesting thing during the season is that when you saw these ho'wives with their husbands, they almost always brought this shit up. Tamra and Eddie talked about it several times, Meghan and Jimmy did, and certainly I don't think we ever saw Shannon and David where the topic was not addressed.  You know who didn't talk about it? Heather and Terry. We didn't see one scene with the two of them where they were sitting around talking about what was going on with Brooks and Vicki.  When we saw them, they were talking about the actual shit that they had going on in their own lives - the house and the skin care line. Folks might not care about those topics, but the point is that they did have something else going on and they seemed more interested in discussing those things than in discussing Vicki and Brooks. 

• Love 10

Steve Jobs did alternative therapy for his cancer when his rare pancreatic cancer was the one type that responded to the conventional therapy.  There are people who don't want to do chemo because they would rather do natural therapies. I think Brooks was trying to peddle Club Detox and was using his "cancer" as a hook - the earth lady had it on her t-shirt, and it is all over Vicki's website.  The reservetrol or whatever is in that juice.  

I wonder how much juicing Vicki and Brooks had filmed/mentioned during filming before Bravo became uncomfortable.  ITA with the poster that Bravo initiated the Tamra psychic bc they got wind of a scam by Brooks.  Bravo more than the women don't want to be affiliated with "miracle cures" for cancer.  That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.  I hope the lost footage is an entire hour of Vicki and Brooks talking about Club Detox.  

• Love 3

I think Vicki will be back next season...she'll aim for validation and redemption. If asked - they all will return and they will all film with Vicki.

The cut footage show will consist of unaired therapy sessions ala Shannon & David. Shannon getting a colonic. Shannon molesting some lemons (9 victims - possibly 1 lime in the mix) Tamra chanting while sitting in a Pentagram and she is such an idiot she'll actually be sitting inside of a STOP sign. Terry looking in the mirror. Collette getting lost in the McNausealeum. All useless crap.

I would like to make a request that they loop in a half hour of memory lane by posting Vicki getting hit with a football at the lake over and over and over and over again - I would thoroughly enjoy a half hour of that. Bravo can even show us Vicki accepting some award and falling off the steps

• Love 5

I vote D. 

I'm a cross between B and D* with a touch of E: we must not judge but instead follow the example set forth by Tamra the Sanctimonious who forgive us.

*B and D -- not to be confused with that other kind of B and D, examples of which probably can be seen in the online performances of Raquel and Alexis Curtin as they forge exciting media careers.

• Love 3

If Bravo and the production company don't want to be associated w/ questionable medicine, they have an equally questionable way of showing it. They could've chosen to not film or air the material. They could've aired the material, but pixeled out the product placement.

Instead Bravo chose to not only film the material, but to air it also; all the way to record high ratings for the franchise, and to the bank.

If the housewives don't want to be associated w/ people of low morals and ethics, then why do they associate and film w/ rapist by proxy Tamra Judge?

• Love 2

This exactly.  What kind of people actually care whether or not Brooks was faking to go to the extent that they did?  No matter how much these women try to spin it, it was not affecting them in anyway other than they were being duped--so hurt pride I guess.  Were they organizing some sort of support for Brooks, monetary or otherwise, before they thought he was lying?  No.  Brooks is a slime-ball, con man and a lying liar that lies, but how exactly was his cancer/no cancer story personally detrimental to them? Their seach for the truth (and justice) was all b.s., and frankly creepy in a stalkerish way.  IF Vicki didn't know the real truth, then I can see her being hurt and the only one of these women who was personally affected.  And to a certain extent if Shannon used her personal contacts to try to help Brooks and he wasted her time and the time of the doctors to whom she referred Brooks, then I can see her being a little mad (however, not to the extent of going back to Hoag or Newport Imaging or wherever to get another scan to prove Brooks wrong).  But the rest of these women?  N

Was it Vicki who lied about the IV or Brooks?

And no, I don't think that lie was worth are the truth and justice brigade's efforts to out Brooks.

This! Vicki was the one flapping her jaws about most of it. Ya know the stuff that justifies women digging into someone's medical claims. The hypocrisy surrounding the lack of moral compasses is strong with this group and that is what I truly find utterly disgusting. Is being pissed or mad about something really more important than risky going on this crusade only to find that Brooks really did have cancer?  That's the part that stops me dead in my tracks every time. I always go back to that one simple detail. Wow, this is making me cringe cause what if he does have cancer? This is me watching a show and my heart was in my throat at the bile. I couldn't imagine translating my annoyance and suspicions into justification to take the risk of berating a person who may in fact have cancer. And for what? To indulge in my anger? To vent my complaints over being duped? Really? Anyone who puts being able to express their disdain over a situation above accusing someone of faking a disease they COULD possibly be actually suffering from is repulsive in my book. No one can convince me that "oh, it's all good cause there was no way he did and these women knew it".  End of story.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4

Some of the RH have provisions where the RH is allowed to hawk their products. This came out in the Vicki Vodka's lawsuit. Part of their compensation benefit is selling and promoting their stuff. Now it seems all of them are able to hawk products, flash labels, discuss designers. Chanel seems to come up a lot on these episodes either the words or the logo. Vicki had the Juice woman and the tacky dress designer-both endorsements of Vicki's on a lot this season. I get the impression that was the direction Vicki wanted to go just let me shill my crap and forget about any meaningful/interesting storyline about relationships. Years ago when Vicki had a satellite office in Seattle she claimed they filmed hours and hours of her working in the office. When it came time to air there was one season of her showing Michael how to staple papers properly. She was pretty angry and did not get -there is nothing interesting about watching her "fake" work.

ZM is there a distinction between "their" product as opposed to hawking someone else's product. Also I think I remember that in their contracts if they come up with their own product Bravo gets a cut of the profits? They wrote that into the contract after Bethenny made it big?

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

I agree, and I don't care about the women's motives in trying to expose the lies, and i hope this isn't offensive, but I don't think it's cute to mock in theory desperate people who see a seeming cure or option for cancer on a show and think "maybe" to themselves.  Desperate people in terrible straits are desperate people in terrible straits, and aren't stupid, whatever they decide, because they might theoretically be swayed by the campaign of two lying scumbags to 'prove' a 'cured' cancer for their own selfish reasons.  At some point during all of this conning, Vicki and Brooks sought to gain financially from this apparently via the juicing service shown, and they both wore t-shirts to advertise that woman's company, and had the meeting with the doctor filmed and aired.  

It's incredibly offensive and cruel to posture as if there are these hopeful treatments, look at me using them, when the person in question has lied his skunk ass off about everything, and was abetted in doing so by a porcine g.d. loser trashbag like Vicki.  It's a different quality of lie than most housewives lies. 

These kind of alternative medicines and "results" are everywhere and honestly no where in the show did anyone say that it would work for everyone. The Dr. who "cured himself" is the one with the claim that it worked for HIM. Brooks just said that he thought it was worth a shot. That's as far as it went on the show. Look some people believe in that shit. Doesn't mean that there needs to be a crusade about it. As with anyone who is fighting a disease options need to be weighed and decision need to be made carefully. You know how many people are out there advocate dumping prescription drugs and living a red meat free diet, or Kale, or raw foods lifestyle AND there ARE benefits to some of these claims and healthy living options so they could also be contributing to bad medical decisions some people make. Desperate people will try anything and by showing this on the show that means there are now a million and one last effort, or first effort, of maybe possible considerations made. Singling out this instance of giving something a shot just falls flat to me in a world where there are alternative medicines for all things out there INCLUDING life threatening diseases. Lozeno's oil came to life in the family kitchen of a boy affected by a disease. Simple ingredients to start and now treats what was once a fatal disease. Is this the case with Resvratrol? Who the hell knows, but that is neither here nor there. My point, I think it's a stretch to scream national conspiracy when all this season boils down to is some skeevy behavior, DRAMATICs, inappropriateness and inconsistencies. Trying to label it more than that gives me a headache so I don't even try.

• Love 2

So someone makes up a lie about your husband, professionally, and then spreads this lie around to your friends/co workers and it wouldn't bother you? You wouldn't correct that lie, confront the liar and have her acknowledge she lied to those she told it to? You are far more forgiving than I am because I would do just that, just like Heather did.  

All of the HWs are "full of themselves", they have to be to want to do the show and that includes Vicki....OH, and Brooks.

And being mad about lies= let's explore more about Brooks medical claims? Shouldn't it have gone more like, Um Vicki I'm pissed you said something that wasn't true about Terry and in a medical situation too?..... and then go on from there. There's no denying that every grievance any of these women had with Vicki someone transitioned into... Now let's talk about Brooks medical claims... Wait, whaaaaa? Even if the TOPIC of Vicki's babbling was about Brooks calling Vicki out on lies should have revolved around what SHE was saying with regards to whether there WAS  someone there to give the IV not "Where's Brooks medical records", it didn't seem like anyone was ever prepared to question Vicki on her lies of times and places but instead used those discrepencies to continuously BRING UP does he or doesn't he.. Those details are lost on most but they're not lost on me. Nobody ever stuck with the initial inconsistencies of Vicki's they would use it as a springboard to bring up particulars about Brooks and needing proof and bringing up again what Brooks could do in order to lay to rest to all the uncertainty. Everything always managed to roll back around to what the WOMEN wanted from Vicki and Brooks not so much about the specific grievance they were addressing with Vicki. It would start out with hey Vicki this didn't add up to what you said so ummmmm, then it would jump to, why doesn't Brooks show us something....It pissed me off every time. I know that much.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

That's the thing. They would definitely need to clear up that Terry is not some wild west Doc. Dubrow showing up to people's houses to give IV's to people. That's malpractice type stuff. Even Brooks own doctor would have met him at the emergency room to give the IV.

Sorry I have to point this out. Wasn't the IV just to rehydrate? I'm going off my Married to Medicine information but just last season Toya and her Dr. Husband where doing sneak attacks on the other cast members with an at home IV treatement. Toya was trying to promote this as a new service they were thinking about providing. IV house calls so I have to say that whole story with Brooks and the IV wasn't as scandalous to me because of what I saw on Married to Medicine. Sure it was a lie but considering it seems to be a new trend/fad thing I took it like Vick's was just using this new fad as a way to spin another white lie as in "yeah, Brooks chemo took so much outta him that Terry arranged for a home treatment rehydrating IV that a colleague of his performs". Not that it's right to lie but I just never thought of the process as something so far fetched and damaging in the sense that claiming a Dr. would do that would hurt his reputation. It seems like a new fad that's trying to gain momentum. I just had to share that cause it's been nagging at me.

• Love 3

But if they can't afford chemo then.....? What? Leave room out there for the "legit" holistic, inexpensive treatments? What about the Dr. that claimed his NHL didn't come back after using resevratrol? Did that really happen? If it did what then?

• Love 2

These kind of alternative medicines and "results" are everywhere and honestly no where in the show did anyone say that it would work for everyone. The Dr. who "cured himself" is the one with the claim that it worked for HIM. Brooks just said that he thought it was worth a shot. That's as far as it went on the show. Look some people believe in that shit. Doesn't mean that there needs to be a crusade about it. As with anyone who is fighting a disease options need to be weighed and decision need to be made carefully. You know how many people are out there advocate dumping prescription drugs and living a red meat free diet, or Kale, or raw foods lifestyle AND there ARE benefits to some of these claims and healthy living options so they could also be contributing to bad medical decisions some people make. Desperate people will try anything and by showing this on the show that means there are now a million and one last effort, or first effort, of maybe possible considerations made. Singling out this instance of giving something a shot just falls flat to me in a world where there are alternative medicines for all things out there INCLUDING life threatening diseases. Lozeno's oil came to life in the family kitchen of a boy affected by a disease. Simple ingredients to start and now treats what was once a fatal disease. Is this the case with Resvratrol? Who the hell knows, but that is neither here nor there. My point, I think it's a stretch to scream national conspiracy when all this season boils down to is some skeevy behavior, DRAMATICs, inappropriateness and inconsistencies. Trying to label it more than that gives me a headache so I don't even try.

I think your response is really rude.  I haven't 'scream[ed] national consipiracy' or anything like it.  Please don't quote me in full and then distort what I wrote.

• Love 6

ZM is there a distinction between "their" product as opposed to hawking someone else's product. Also I think I remember that in their contracts if they come up with their own product Bravo gets a cut of the profits? They wrote that into the contract after Bethenny made it big?

I think once they make an endorsement -it kind of makes it their product.  Vicki sells the tacky dresses.  The Bethenny clause was actually in effect before Bethenny.  Bethenny has stated she took the $7,500.00 first season pay but refused to sign off on Bravo taking a percentage of her brand.  I am thinking since then most of the RH insist on the Bethenny clause.  I think it applied only to the early days of the RH.  Kyle opened a boutique, Lisa launched a brand of liquor, wine and sangria, I just don't see them handed over a portion of their earnings on these to Bravo.  The biggest one recently is Terry and Heather's skin care line.  I doubt Vicki signed up for Bravo to take a percentage of her agencies earnings or the various different products she has advertised on the show-Wines By Wives comes to mind.  Same with CUT Fitness, I can't see Tamra turning over a percentage of membership profits,

• Love 2