Type keyword(s) to search

Teresa Checks In Part 3: The Visit

• Start Topic

This is a video interview with Heather Bliss who is servicing 30 months for mortgage fraud in Danbury Federal Prison, where Teresa is. She also has four children. But she has a good point about this minimum security prison that the punishment for such crimes should be harsher but for a shorter period of time. Joe will also be in a low-security prison for 41 months, but he'll be missing his four daughters pass through some significant growing up years.

Oh my.  That's kind of whack.  Look at her skin.  She's glowing.  And her make-up?  That's not drug store brand. She can't stop smiling.  If what she's saying is true, and I believe it is, no wonder Teresa looks so good.  A rest???  A spiritual retreat?  She says that if she was on the outside with her four children she'd be running around crazy.  I understand that's what they tell themselves to get through their incarceration but dang.  Like I said, whack.

• Love 1

Yeah I agree, her brother made some comments too.

Yeah, I posted about this scene, she heard it and Gia finally told her to shush. She's gonna lose it because she clearly seems to cling to him the most. In the first episode she came home from school and just ran into his arms.

By the time he gets out Gia should be what? Seventeen and Milania what? What are differences in age between these girls? Milania is what? Ten

Anybody know?

Currently Gia is 14, Gabriella is 10, Milania is 9, and Audriana is 5.

Honestly I think Milania clings to both parents. Teresa has said how much attention Milania needs (a common trait in middle children) and I remember any time on the show when Tre was away on a cast trip she would mention Milania calling her a lot.

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 3

OK, thanks. On Melissa visiting, Melissa must be crazy if she thinks Teresa wants to be seen by her, in person, in her prison gear, hell no. She has been her arch nemesis and yeah they might have been calling it a truce and trying to get back to some sense of OK, you are my sister in-law and family, but they were a long way from that and her digs in these recent talking heads aren't going to help. So she must be nuts to think that Teresa wants her to literally see her in person, behind bars. Come on Melissa, that shit ain't happening. Then she's gonna show up in prison with her best make up on even a dress down ain't gonna match what Teresa is gonna be wearing, again, come on Melissa. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 10

As far as the kids not knowing the Our Father goes, I doubt Joe and Teresa took the kids to church very often, not to mention that it has a lot of difficult words in it that they wouldn't understand, so it's no wonder they didn't really know it. I'm a freakin' adult and still don't understand half the words in it, "hallowed"? What does that even mean? And then there's lots of "thy's" in it, so that would make it even more difficult for a kid to try to learn. I did learn it when I was a kid but maybe it's the kind of thing some kids can learn and some can't. With Teresa's constant mangling of the English language and Joe basically having no vocabulary beyond "waddaya gonna do, ya know, fuggetta bout it", it doesn't surprise me that the kids would have a hard time learning or understanding those words. It's not that they aren't smart enough, it's that their parents aren't and probably also have no clue what those words mean, therefore can't explain it to them.

• Love 2

I learned and recited it by rote.

I kind of got the words but no one has yet adequately explained the concepts.

Right, me too. Basically I was just surprised since I had assumed the kids had a pretty Catholic upbringing which would mean some instruction and learning at least the Our Father and Hail Mary. But it seems like they're getting a lot less religious instruction than even I got and I didn't come from a family that made being Catholic as much of a cultural identity as I assumed they did. In fact, when they were crossing themselves it looked like Gabriela even did that wrong. I must have learned it so early I don't even remember memorizing it that well.

I don't thin it's a bad thing that the kids aren't that schooled in this stuff, it just really surprised me.Especially since surely these kids are having big First Communion family parties, right? You learn it for that. It's always had the big words; kids have always learned it by rote.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 8

As far as the kids not knowing the Our Father goes, I doubt Joe and Teresa took the kids to church very often, not to mention that it has a lot of difficult words in it that they wouldn't understand, so it's no wonder they didn't really know it. I'm a freakin' adult and still don't understand half the words in it, "hallowed"? What does that even mean? And then there's lots of "thy's" in it, so that would make it even more difficult for a kid to try to learn. I did learn it when I was a kid but maybe it's the kind of thing some kids can learn and some can't. With Teresa's constant mangling of the English language and Joe basically having no vocabulary beyond "waddaya gonna do, ya know, fuggetta bout it", it doesn't surprise me that the kids would have a hard time learning or understanding those words. It's not that they aren't smart enough, it's that their parents aren't and probably also have no clue what those words mean, therefore can't explain it to them.

Fake Catholic here (according to my husband and boss)! I didn't watch, so don't know how badly it was bungled - but Communion occurs in the first/second grade. You need to take once a week CCD classes through Confirmation (junior high). The first thing you learn though is Our Father and Hail Mary. Repetition, repetition, repetition. Gia and Gabriella (not to mention Juicy) should have definitely known the words. Not criticizing - just curious. My family never regularly (well -never) attended Mass. I'm still mostly hopeless at Mystery of the Faith (see fake Catholic and us New Yorkers generally like to keep Mass at an hour tops).

I just posted and now saw there's more curiousity about the not knowing the Our Father thing.

Well hopefully like the Gucci plates somebody can figure this mystery out. Who thought watching (or not) TCI would be like a Nancy Drew book!

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 2

I was surprised they didn't know The Lords Prayer, too. I'm not Catholic but it was part of every Sunday School class I attended. It's like the Pledge of Allegiance. You may not understand the words, but, you memorized them anyway. And, didn't Melissa used to scream "Thank You, Jesus!" It just seems like the Guidices implied they were fairly religious.

• Love 8

Presbyterian here. Church was a big part of our extra-curricular activities. I think we used a couple of different words. Debts instead of trespasses.

I guess it's kind of a Golden Rule thing with "Our Father" watching.

I'm also guessing the Giudices attend church when the cameras are rolling.

• Love 2

I agree. I learned it by heart by my First Communion. Of course I did go to Catholic school up to third grade. These girls aren't in Catholic School right?  I didn't see uniforms. Then when I started going to public school I still went to mass every Sunday and to Sunday school.  I mean should't Gia be getting confirmed? Yeah, I remember my Confirmation and it happened before I was fourteen.

So, they are too young to remember that prayer by heart if they aren't attending mass on the regular and reciting it, I could see how they wouldn't know it. And  like you said, the words are difficult, you don't really know what half of them mean. It takes years to comb through that prayer and figure it out. Even then...  Forget about the Apostles' Creed I always had to look down at the Missalette to help me with that one. 

Anyway, I died laughing when Teresa mentioned the 5:30 mass, Milania and Gia's facial expressions were priceless. Milania took a deep breath and held it in with her mouth hanging open in outrage, LOL.

Oh, a lot of sad stuff, but a lot of funny things too on this show. I wish those girls well, I hope they make it. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 7

I was surprised they didn't know The Lords Prayer, too. I'm not Catholic but it was part of every Sunday School class I attended. It's like the Pledge of Allegiance. You may not understand the words, but, you memorized them anyway. And, didn't Melissa used to scream "Thank You, Jesus!" It just seems like the Guidices implied they were fairly religious.

I think maybe like a poster awhile ago commented they probably like the opportunity for tacky outlandish parties.

Ah memories - Marie Antionette (does Teresa even know exactly who that is?) serving sushi at Audriana's Christening (no CCD required). That's probably one of the moments that really got my goat re Giudice's (along with her schreeching for the non-Italian Chanel in Venice). They knew at that point they had some seriously fucked up finances (pretty sure they had already filed the bullshit BK petition for at least one of the above).

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 2

[quote name="represent" post="1643967"

Oh, a lot of sad stuff, but a lot of funny things too on this show. I wish those girls well, I hope they make it.

I hope they'll be all right too. The biggest obstacle I see is that by the time Joe gets out of prison, it will probably be time for Milania to go in.

• Love 14

I hope they'll be all right too. The biggest obstacle I see is that by the time Joe gets out of prison, it will probably be time for Milania to go in.

Oh good lord, I hope not.  She should be in  middle school by then right? Like sixth, seventh grade. Actually she and Gabriella should be in middle school.

I did hear when she told her dad that she does look out for her sisters when someone is bothering them in school. Could you imagine, kids trying to tease Gabriella and Audrianna meanwhile looking over their shoulder to see if Milania is coming? 

• Love 10

When they called Teresa on the phone in the church, it seemed as though she's been spending time with prison evanglicals. She said something like, "I'm learning that you can just speak to God and he'll listen to you."

My ears sort of perked up when she said this.Teresa and Joe come from religious Italian Catholic families and the fact that none of them knew how to say the Lord's prayer or how to bless themselves with the sign of the cross surprised me. It took prison confinement for Teresa to learn that a person can speak to God and he'll listen to you? Joe's father had a complete small chapel built on his Catskill property but it appears that Joe's religious teaching either didn't happen or he ignored the lessons his parents taught him as a child.

I have high expectations for Milania despite the fact that at a very early age she was precocious, outspoken and bratty at times. But she's a middle child and she's very perceptive for her age. I saw that when she stared at Joe Gorga after their trip to Danbury. She said 'you look like my mother'. She said she wants to be a nurse 'but maybe I'm too stupid'... something to that effect. So she's already given some thought to continuing her education. It wouldn't surprise me if she matured into someone nobody thought she could ever be.

Edited to add an afterthought about this episode. Gino Gorga found a bullet as soon as they got to the dead grandpa's Catskill home, I think it was found in the kitchen. Why didn't anyone else there find that to be sort of unusual?

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 7

Even then...  Forget about the Apostles' Creed I always had to look down at the Missalette to help me with that

Oh dear - I was about to ask you about Apostles' Creed. Then I looked it up. That's my "Mystery of the Faith". See fake Catholic.

I have the first two/three verses down OK. We had to go to Mass regularly (with more semi-CCD classes!) before I got married (8 yrs ago) and I tried to memorize it during Mass/Speed Mass. No luck. Funny thing is it's probably my favorite -and even though I went to Catholic high school never really heard it (see impatient New Yorker's). It's very similar to my Battle Hymn of the Republic issue (despite my efforts I can only respectably do the first three).

Oh dear - I was about to ask you about Apostles' Creed. Then I looked it up. That's my "Mystery of the Faith". See fake Catholic.

I have the first two/three verses down OK. We had to go to Mass regularly (with more semi-CCD classes!) before I got married (8 yrs ago) and I tried to memorize it during Mass/Speed Mass. No luck. Funny thing is it's probably my favorite -and even though I went to Catholic high school never really heard it (see impatient New Yorker's). It's very similar to my Battle Hymn of the Republic issue (despite my efforts I can only respectably do the first three).

If anyone held a gun to my head demanding that I recite the Apostle's Creed or die, even after attending a Catholic elementary school for 8 years, I'd probably just say my last "Our Father' and wave goodbye to my life.

• Love 3

LOL, I was on the phone with my mother about a month ago trying to recite it, meanwhile she's coaching me on, and filling in words for me, saying that's right, you almost got it LOL.  I had memorized it and with the help of the congregation, I finally was able to get through it without looking down, but that was years ago when I was in my twenties. I too like this prayer more than the Lord's Prayer, but it was such a long prayer to me. 

Now that I'm truly a bad Catholic, forget about it, please. If someone starts it off I can fill in some of the lines throughout the prayer. 

Battle Hymn of the Republic: Same here, can only recite the first stanza and even then I need someone to start it off  with "Mine eyes..."

• Love 1

If anyone held a gun to my head demanding that I recite the Apostle's Creed or die, even after attending a Catholic elementary school for 8 years, I'd probably just say my last "Our Father' and wave goodbye to my life.

Yep - pretty much sums it up. Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 2

Oh lord, I just busted out laughing, this so funny. 

• Love 2

LOL, I was on the phone with my mother about a month ago trying to recite it, meanwhile she's coaching me on, and filling in words for me, saying that's right, you almost got it LOL.  I had memorized it and with the help of the congregation, I finally was able to get through it without looking down, but that was years ago when I was in my twenties. I too like this prayer more than the Lord's Prayer, but it was such a long prayer to me. 

Now that I'm truly a bad Catholic, forget about it, please. If someone starts it off I can fill in some of the lines throughout the prayer. 

Battle Hymn of the Republic: Same here, can only recite the first stanza and even then I need someone to start it off  with "Mine eyes..."

"I believe in God, the Father almighty"......you can take it from there

When they bring back RHONJ (and you know BRAVO will), they need to get rid of the Gorgas and the whole family feud. I am so tire of hearing Joe and Melissa and their crocodile tears pretending they are family, etc.

Agreed. That's so played out. Not to mention their fame whorish opportunistic ways. They try too hard. Say what you want about the Guidices but there's a genuine authenticity to them. The dynamic of the kids and Joe's "whaddyagonnado" attitude is priceless.

I agree with an above poster who suggests thier mortgage brokers are to blame as well if they sold them bad loans. Also, the Gorgas are to blame bringing it out there with the "we pay our bills" nonsense.

Two random Joe Gorga observations (I do like him, sans Melissa): He wants to send his wife to jail so her vag can get tighter and he would pretty much cheat if Melissa were in prison. God forbid he goes without sex more than 48 hours.

• Love 1

Watching Juicy trying to wrangle his four daughters is equal parts hilarious and terrifying. Thank God for Gabriella (who has always been my fav); she is the glue that keeps that family together. She even knew the rice trick! 

But, seriously, Melania is literally the last person on earth you ask to bring you a chainsaw. I'd ask Charles Manson to bring me a chainsaw before Melania.  What is this dude thinking????

There was actually a pretty real moment, though, when Melania stated that she acts this way because she's bored. Hello! Let's do something about that. Get her in dance class, martial arts, performing in some community theater. Wasn't she in soccer one season? Keep that girl busy!

Melissa is just weird to me. "You don't need bows in upstate New York". I live in BFE Iowa, a town of less than 300 people, surrounded by corn fields. Both my daughter and I wear bows in our hair from time to time. 

Also, her telling Joe Go to check out his daughter's legs = all kinds of creepy. 

And now for the real question that inquiring minds need to know - Are they now making denim underwear? Or have shorts really gotten that short? To each their own, and I'll admit being a bit of a prude when it comes to dressing, but those shorts the girls were wearing looked so short and tight I could not believe they'd be in any way comfortable!

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 2
I just thought there was too much emphasis on Joe not driving that I almost suspected he might be when he knows he won't get busted.

I thought this as well, especially when he almost jumped into the vehicle to drive upstate and then was like, "Oh, I forgot I don't have a license". Surrrre. 

Does it seem crazy to anyone that Gabriella and Milania are only a year apart? 

• Love 6
And now for the real question that inquiring minds need to know - Are they now making denim underwear? Or have shorts really gotten that short? To each their own, and I'll admit being a bit of a prude when it comes to dressing, but those shorts the girls were wearing looked so short and tight I could not believe they'd be in any way comfortable!

Short answer is yes. I work on a college campus and the shorts have gotten so short is swear I see nether regions on a daily basis. I also live across the street from a middle school and I see the same thing. 

• Love 1

Yep that's how short shorts are these days.....I work in a clothing/tourist store at the beach at our short are SOOOOO short. But the kids love them and wear them. UH...Doesn't bother me. Kids are always going to wear what they wear and adults are always going to be shocked because it's not what we wore...which my mother found shocking when I wore our clothes in the 70's!

• Love 3

Just have to add-I didn't think anything about the bullet at the cabin. From all the heads on the walls and the fact it's (apparently) deep in the woods I'm assuming it's  a hunting cabin also as well as a vacay spot. Nothing weird about a stray bullet that may have rolled under some furniture and no one saw. Now if it was a stray gun left out it would have been something to be excited about but a bullet? Nope.

Mellissa needs to shut it. What a phony. I wouldn't put that hag on my visitors list either. And her and her simian husband both said about a million times "I hope we can still be family when she gets out" like it's 100% Theresas fault the family was at war. Joe and Messy had NOTHING to do with that HAHAHAHAHAHA

As another poster said, and I love.......There is no shame in my game! I've always liked Theresa and Joe. I found this last show to be more real then any reality show....the family in pain, the effect on the kids, and on the parents. So real. Loved it and felt for them at the same time. Excellent comic relief also!

Lastly-when I lived in NC and you lost your licence for any reason you could legally drive a slow ass moped anywhere you wanted to go. They only go about 25 miles an hour. No license required. We always called them "Liquor cycles" as they were the main transport for people with DUIS. SO I don't think Joe riding one is a violation anymore then riding a bike would be.

• Love 5

Just have to add-I didn't think anything about the bullet at the cabin. From all the heads on the walls and the fact it's (apparently) deep in the woods I'm assuming it's a hunting cabin also as well as a vacay spot. Nothing weird about a stray bullet that may have rolled under some furniture and no one saw. Now if it was a stray gun left out it would have been something to be excited about but a bullet? Nope.

Mellissa needs to shut it. What a phony. I wouldn't put that hag on my visitors list either. And her and her simian husband both said about a million times "I hope we can still be family when she gets out" like it's 100% Theresas fault the family was at war. Joe and Messy had NOTHING to do with that HAHAHAHAHAHA

As another poster said, and I love.......There is no shame in my game! I've always liked Theresa and Joe. I found this last show to be more real then any reality show....the family in pain, the effect on the kids, and on the parents. So real. Loved it and felt for them at the same time. Excellent comic relief also!

Lastly-when I lived in NC and you lost your licence for any reason you could legally drive a slow ass moped anywhere you wanted to go. They only go about 25 miles an hour. No license required. We always called them "Liquor cycles" as they were the main transport for people with DUIS. SO I don't think Joe riding one is a violation anymore then riding a bike would be.

I was thinking the same thing watching this. This is probably the most real reality show on right now. Mainly because the main character, Joe, is an idiot and clearly doesn't give a shit, and the girls, with the exception of Gia, don't know how to play a role yet. I think that's why the lawyer is there too, to answer questions the "right" way without letting Joe babble to much about legal issues. God knows how many years he'd add on to his sentence.

To me this show is incredibly sad because what they are showing is real emotion and what families really go through when a loved one is in jail. But i also find it entertaining. I don't think it's going to be as entertaining when Teresa is out and Joe is in though. Her "woe is me" storyline is going to wear thin after one episode.

Edited by hottesthw
  • Love 5

LOL, this is all I got...

"creator of heaven and earth..."

Bwahahaa I thought it was "maker of heaven and earth".

And I'm coming off of a communion last year and a confirmation the year before. And only one of our sons could repeat the Our Father on demand, the other one, fugeddabotit.

I can't believe Juicy let Gia be filmed wearing those "shorts". Teresa was probably all for it, though, and I shudder to think how hard she's going to pimp that kid once she gets out. After all, designer cooch cutters and gas-powered toys ain't cheap.

Also, the Gorgas are to blame bringing it out there with the "we pay our bills" nonsense.

No, it's all Danielle's fault for mentioning the Giudices' house being in foreclosure back in S2.​ If not for that, then nobody would've ever been wiser to the Giudices' money problems and decade-long law breaking, and they would still be living the high life. Damn you, Danielle!

• Love 6

I can't believe Juicy let Gia be filmed wearing those "shorts". Teresa was probably all for it, though, and I shudder to think how hard she's going to pimp that kid once she gets out. After all, designer cooch cutters and gas-powered toys ain't cheap.

The kid probably doesn't own much else. That's what kids her age are wearing these days. Gia's wardrobe seems to be in line with other pre-teens and teens in her neck of the woods own. Not that I agree with it, but it is what it is.

• Love 2
That's what kids her age are wearing these days.

Maybe so, but those kids don't have a camera directly focused on their backsides, with their ass cheeks thisclose to being exposed for a nationwide audience to see.

• Love 3

I could be wrong but I don't think you can have a moped license in NJ if your regular driver's license is revoked or suspended.

I'd probably be a terrible mother; I'd rather encourage (within reason) my hypothetical daughters to set their own sartorial standards (again, within reason) than teach them that their clothing--as opposed to sickos and misogyny--is what causes unwarranted assaults on females and their reputations. So what, the shorts are short and tight? Pervs are pervs, whether a woman is wearing a bikini, a bathrobe, a lampshade on her head, or even one of those two-person horse suits. 

That said, I'd try to discourage those shorts mainly because they're ugly and I've yet to let go of my decidedly more grunge-era preferences. Slightly baggy faded Levi's cut-offs forever!

Also, I'm guessing Gia is pretty muscular and toned from dancing; maybe that affects the fit. I wouldn't know; in addition to hating that kind of shorts, I am not much with the working out.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4

Maybe so, but those kids don't have a camera directly focused on their backsides, with their ass cheeks thisclose to being exposed for a nationwide audience to see.

And that says is all, because whoever was behind that camera didn't have to have that camera right on a fourteen year old girl's backside, they didn't. She was walking away? So what, focus on her head, shit.  But obviously the pervert just could not help himself. Which is why she shouldn't be in those shorts, it's just an over sexualization of young girls, starting with words written across the chest and backside areas of their clothing. Like those sweatpants, with so called "catchy" slogans written across the bottom, ugh. My goodness, there will be plenty of time to be sexy, childhood is sooo short and full of perverts ready to steal it away, don't help them.

She's a teenage girl, she wants to grow up that's how it is, I was a teenage girl, I get it. But there are little things that can be done. Don't  allow her to where the short shorts too tight, go up a half size. If they were just a little looser that can help a bit. Don't have shirts that are too tight, hugging the chest area. We can't help how fast we develop that's hereditary, but you can have balance when it comes to how you dress young girl. There's just too many sickos out there and they don't need encouragement.

It's interesting because Gabriella's shorts are pretty short, yet they don't appear as tight fitting, maybe it because she's not as hippy, I think that's it.  That's it, so she doesn't look as sexualized as Gia or even Milania, she had on some tight fitting shorts when she was messing around by that pond. But Gabby's look, looks a lot more like I would want my teenage daughter to look in shorts. 

Edited by represent

LOL, this is all I got...

"creator of heaven and earth..."

Maybe if we sing it the words will come back. I was in the choir. No big deal since every one of us was in the choir, but we used to have to sing all that stuff.

• Love 1

I'd rather encourage (within reason) my hypothetical daughters to set their own sartorial standards (again, within reason) than teach them that their clothing--as opposed to sickos and misogyny--is what causes unwarranted assaults on females and their reputations.

Who said they should be taught to think otherwise? Having the opinion that Gia's attire is inappropriate isn't mutually exclusive to thinking she's a hooker or is somehow encouraging rape.

And that says is all, because whoever was behind that camera didn't have to have that camera right on a fourteen year old girl's backside, they didn't.

True, but it happens, and as reality show vets, the Giudices are well aware of what the cameras might capture.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 2

OK, thanks. On Melissa visiting, Melissa must be crazy if she thinks Teresa wants to be seen by her, in person, in her prison gear, hell no. She has been her arch nemesis and yeah they might have been calling it a truce and trying to get back to some sense of OK, you are my sister in-law and family, but they were a long way from that and her digs in these recent talking heads aren't going to help. So she must be nuts to think that Teresa wants her to literally see her in person, behind bars. Come on Melissa, that shit ain't happening. Then she's gonna show up in prison with her best make up on even a dress down ain't gonna match what Teresa is gonna be wearing, again, come on Melissa. 

Melissa KNOWS and has said she's not surprised Teresa doesn't want to see her.

I hate Teresa and Joe's parents. They're fucking weird.  The way they act like crying is some terrible cardinal sin that shouldn't be done under any circumstances...It's gross.  No wonder Tre and Joe are so stunted.

Edited by Watermelon
  • Love 5

Is it wrong that I read "Apollo Creed" instead of Apostle's Creed…like five times before I realized what I was doing?!

Shame on me!

LOL, from Rocky right?

I don't know how wrong it is,I'm not in a position to judge. All I know is, it's funny.

• Love 2

So...this was the last of the jooooooodeeeeeeechayyyyyyyyy horsehit, right? Cuz I'm quite sick of seeing either a JOOOODEEEECHAY or a Gorga everytime I surf over to  Bravo - ESPECIALLY the criminals!....I don't know if they show them so often because the rating are so crappy, or if there really or SO many, many tre-huggers out there that there has been SUCH a demand for rerun after rerun after rerun, or if there is just that MUCH dead air to fill....hopefully the sleaseballs are gone for good.

I'd actually rather watch the crazy, neurotic, stupid, Manzo wedding preps - taking into account how totally useless I find Alvin and Theodore and whatever-the-hell-the-third-one-is-called...and yet ANOTHER new bride/bride to be being relentlessly pressured to pop out the first kid of many!   This Bravo story line of trying to turn women into nothing but brood mares may be teaparty heaven, but it's put me a half a click away from surfing away forever...come to think of it.....that's not a bad idea!

• Love 4

Joe Gorgo is hoping Tre is over her obsession with material things because he's tired of competing with the Guidices and wants to win by default.

I don't think anyone's buying Melissa's act. Although I did like her reaction to Milania having the chain saw.

• Love 7

I am not Catholic so I guess I understand Teresa being amazed that you can talk directly to God. Doesn't the Catholic faith teach that you have to go through a priest or pray to Mary or something?

Something like that, I haven't been to confession in decades, but that doesn't stop me from talking to God.  I've always talked to God, I can't follow those rules to the letter. I've never even thought about it. I would go to Catholic mass pray there with the congregation and then you pray in private. So I'm not sure where Teresa is coming from exactly, maybe someone else can speak to it. But I thought maybe she was just saying that in a manner to teach her children, not that it never dawned on her that she could pray/talk to God on her own. I thought she was just trying to give them a little lesson on faith and having a relationship with God on their own whenever they needed it.  I always thought that in addition to the Hail Mary's you can just speak in your own voice and to me that always went without saying. 

Oh, actually wasn't there a scene one time on NJHW episode where she was talking to God while laying on the floor of her bedroom. I could have sworn I remember something like that her saying "please God...." So she knows she can talk to God. I think her whole approach was just trying to sound like she was sharing something new with her kids, because I think it was new to them.

Edited by represent
  • Love 6

I am not Catholic so I guess I understand Teresa being amazed that you can talk directly to God. Doesn't the Catholic faith teach that you have to go through a priest or pray to Mary or something? Evangelicals teach that you talk directly to God and Jesus, not through a person here on earth. So it is understandable that if Teresa has been taught one way, to find another way would be freeing to her. 

My Grandmother, Dad's Mom, prayed to Mary because she was also a Mother and would know a Mothers heart, it is something I also do. Prayers or Praying do NOT mean that one has to recite official RC church  prayers, talking to God is considered Praying. I was raised RC and still am 1.

• Love 5

Yes on an episode from last season Teresa was laying on the floor in her purple leopard print PJs and saying "Please protect our family." After the sentencing, Rosie read a prayer aloud, not sure if it was something she got off the Internet, like a prayer for hard times for family or something, but it was something like "Please help us become stronger as a family," etc.

• Love 4