Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E06: Viral

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

When a petty officer’s murder matches the M.O. of a local serial killer, the NCIS team must determine if this is the killer’s latest victim or the work of a copycat. Also, McGee and Delilah must learn to compromise before moving in together.

Meh. But this *is the first time I really ever cared about Bishop. She doesn't bother me; I am just indifferent to her. However, "macaroon" hit me in the feels.

I heart Delilah. 

I like besuited Gibbs - but the longer hair makes him look older, imo.

WHERE IS JIMMY

I loved what McGee said too, and I loved the scene with Gibbs at the end. I even loved the three women in the lab.

I was afraid (and maybe still am, a bit) that Jake had set the bomb in the hotel. I hope that's not a future storyline!

Tony's rubber gloves and lotion line cracked me up.

Always heart Delilah. Wish she was always around.

• Love 1

I thought it was fairly obvious that the victim was not the one who had posted naked pictures of the women, mostly because of his love for his sister and hers for him - he just didn't seem like someone who would do such a low thing to women.

I love Delilah and wish we could see more of her.  I don't dislike Bishop but I just never warmed up to her either.  I have not forgotten that, in one of her early episodes, she was the cause of two good men being killed because of her insistence on interviewing a terrorist who, of course, outsmarted her and nearly got away.

I really liked Abby, Delilah and Bishop working together and Abby making rings for them - even wearing her Rosie the Riveter head scarf when she riveted  them.:)

• Love 5

I like besuited Gibbs - but the longer hair makes him look older, imo.

I think he looks older because he lost weight over the summer, but it could be the hair too.

The scene in the lab made me wonder - when was the last time this show - hell, any of the NCIS shows - did an episode that passed the Bechdel test?

• Love 3

The second Tony started scratching his neck, I knew he'd be the one to get poison oak and Tim would be ribbing him about it. So lazy.

The first time I saw Ryan Kennedy, who played the killer tonight, I've always wondered whether I'd see him again on my screen. I got my wish, but I was extremely bummed that he ended up being the bad guy. No! I screamed. Not Rokk/Cosmic Boy!*

And Gonzo!**

How nice. Since Jake can't tell Bishop about his secret stuff, Bishop just hacks into the system, or gets someone else to tell her where he's going. So much for respecting Jake's job and respecting the boundaries that are now there because she's no longer at NSA. Maybe it makes me a cold-hearted wench, but I didn't feel for her at all. Now, I did worry about Jake, for me, because, I love me some Jamie Bamber, but Bishop? Whatever.

At least Gonzo, the Captain wasn't in on it. I really wish it would have been the Lt. that had given Tony the poison oak who was the killer. Because...Rokk!!!!! *sniff*

What?

*Appeared as leader of Legion of Superheroes, Cosmic Boy in Smallville in 2009, and was sooo veray sexay.

**character from Trapper John, MD.

• Love 2

The scene in the lab made me wonder - when was the last time this show - hell, any of the NCIS shows - did an episode that passed the Bechdel test?

I had to look that up, but now that I know what it means I agree there should be way more episodes that can pass the test.

I knew as soon as McGee mentioned the poison oak that someone would be getting it.  I kind of figure that it would be Tony when McGee and Bishop were so cautious about it.  I did yell at my TV that the Calamine Lotion wouldn't help at all.  I get poison Ivy badly and that crap never did anything to help the itching.  All it does is color you pink.

Nice to see Gregory Harrison in something.  He looks nice with gray hair. 

The actual perpetrator was obvious from the second he showed up on screen.  

They are nothing if not obvious on this show so I would not be at all surprised if they turn Jake into a terrorist - I do hope they don't though.  

I am always reminded how glad I am that Ziva is gone every time I watch - 

• Love 3

I think he looks older because he lost weight over the summer, but it could be the hair too.

It was one of the reasons I enjoyed that scene so much. I'd like more of it! 

Maybe it's just me - but I initially thought McGee had somehow deliberately exposed Tony to the poison oak - since they had plenty on the clothes they disposed of. 

The perp was so obvious, but that's okay. It made Gregory Harrison's take down so much better - even more because for a few seconds, I wasn't sure if he was in on it or not.  He did a fine job of acting on that one.

• Love 1

They are nothing if not obvious on this show so I would not be at all surprised if they turn Jake into a terrorist - I do hope they don't though.  

Let's not give these writers any more bad ideas people!

I've so had it with killing off characters/revenge/gratuitous violence on this show that I think that would be the last straw.  I don't believe they would do that though, Jake comes across as a bit of a nerd (though adorable) and I don't think they would totally change his character.  Hope we see him again soon outside of just a photo.

I do like that they are bringing back Delilah.   McGee's talk about the bombing was moving.

• Love 1

Gibbs does not look better no matter how many times you tell me he does.

I don't care about Bishop. I don't care about her marriage.

Where's Palmer?

Obvious plot

Want holiday shows that these folks used to be great at - don't want more Bishop angst EVER, please

I liked the ep especially the Lab scene, McGee and Bishop. I like seeing Mo back. The Tony  scratching was really bugging me throughout the ep. We all knew why and i was waiting for a make Tony stupid to puff up McGee moment.  Totally forgetting the past ep when it wasn't Tony fault but McGee failure to listen to Tony that he first got it. Was so relived when it was pointed out that Tony didn't go anywhere near the plant, it was one of the witnesses he was talking to. But why didn't Ducky help him ? I know for the moment at the end but still , it didn't sit well that no one offered Tony any remedies just left him scratching.

I'm glad Jake's not dead. I liked Bishop doing what she needed to do, and the help and support she got from the team, especially the emotional support from McGee. I like their relationship a lot. The Dream Team was pretty cute too. It was good to see Delilah again; always like having her around! Did anyone translate the binary code?

I must not have been paying attention, because I didn't catch on to the perp until after they eliminated the guy who gave Tony poison oak. (Also: it was super obvious that Tony was the one with it; way to be subtle show.) I did fall for the commander's "I'm on your side" act, at least for a bit. That was a great bit-- I was pretty sure he wasn't actually supporting him, but wasn't quite sure. Nicely played.

On a different note: The Bishop breakfast burrito sounds pretty good!

• Love 2

Geez, I don't mind a generally predictable show (we take great pleasure in pegging the killer from the moment he walks on the screen. I won this time), but Tony and the poison oak was just irritating. At least they didn't pass it off as Tony being an idiot as they no doubt would have a couple seasons ago.

Bishop: I was glad that she truly had some emotions over Jake and showed that she loves him because I was sort of wondering if she really just wanted out of the relationship. However, hacking into the NSA or whatever, not so much. Handle it like the other however many spouses of NSA employees there are, by getting the heck over it.

More Delilah. Always more Delilah.

• Love 2

I don't recall that they ever explained the binary code.  

Would one of you, please translate?

They didn't explain it, and it wasn't real binary code. There weren't enough digits in what each person said to make more than a letter.

• Love 1

Am I the only one that heard Ducky say that the time of death in the sniper shooting was around 8:30 am and thought, "what kind has his birthday party at 8:00 in the morning?"

I fanwanked the early birthday party as some unwise parent scheduling a birthday sleepover and wanting the little monsters out of the house where they couldn't destroy anything..

However? The kid walking up to a stranger and pointing a gun at him? Yeah, shame those parents aren't going to be hosting a lot more birthday parties.

Things I liked and wished to see more of: women working together.  It's been a few days since I watched this one, but what surprisingly stays with me is the scene with Abby, Delilah, and Ellie in the lab, how Abby made Ellie a ring, how they all saw each other as powerful.  I love that they get along.  None of them fit the stereotypical "kickass" female character model.  I like female characters who can defend herself physically, but it's great to see deviations of that with female characters who are strong and confident in different ways. 

I also liked how the other women worked in this episode.  I felt sad and angry on behalf of the women who were violated with their nude photos leaked online.  I liked how Kelli Williams fit in the episode too.  

It was satisfying to see a criminal taken down by his own misogyny.  

Tony and McGee's friendship is one of my favorite things.  They are fun and still tease each other but it's much more good-natured than it used to be, and they are both better at taking what the other dishes out.

Edited by Betweenthisandthat
  • Love 4

What were the ingredients in the Ellie "Bishop breakfast burrito"?

I only recall eggs, steak, sweet potatoes, hash browns, bacon and 4 kinds of cheese. What ingredients am I missing?