Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I finally caught up with the last ep. All the perjury mentions have to come back for the finale’s jail sentence, right? Probably for Felicity?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I finally caught up with the last ep. All the perjury mentions have to come back for the finale’s jail sentence, right? Probably for Felicity?

Idk, but I think that 621 at least ruled out Oliver going to jail for Rene, since with the symbolic handshake their story seems to be over. If it does end as Oliver going to jail for somebody, seems like the candidates left are either Lance or Felicity.

(edited)

are we actually getting a sentencing scene in the finale? Seeing how the whole team is in 6x22 without any masks i can see the deal being for the whole team. 

Edited by Velocity23
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

are we actually getting a sentencing scene in the finale? Seeing how the whole team is in 6x22 without any masks i can see it being for the whole team. 

I doubt it will be the whole team. But I don’t think Curtis is ever without a mask in the 622 photos, so imagine if that happened and yet again, he’s left out. “Why am I not being arrested?” “Really, hoss?” 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Trisha said:

I wonder about that but I'm actually a little more worried about her challenging the prosecutor to prove she'd committed illegal hacking activities. Felicity, honey, you've illegally hacked on a nearly weekly basis for the better part of six years so maybe don't challenge the woman you said has a 99% conviction rate and CIA-level investigators to prove it? I'm pretty sure I actually yelled at the screen for her to stop it. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I wonder about that but I'm actually a little more worried about her challenging the prosecutor to prove she'd committed illegal hacking activities. Felicity, honey, you've illegally hacked on a nearly weekly basis for the better part of six years so maybe don't challenge the woman you said has a 99% conviction rate and CIA-level investigators to prove it?

Well, she threatened Malcolm and Ra's to their faces and even told Darhk to go to hell after he told her to fix the missiles she stopped, so if there's someone in front of her threatening her husband in some way (along with insinuating that their marriage was a sham), I can't say I was actually surprised or angry, tbh.  

• Love 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, Trisha said:

I have to admit I had some foreshadowing vibes when Felicity told the prosecutor good luck in proving she committed cyber crimes. Combined with her speech to Oliver about "saving each other" made me wonder if Felicity is going to get arrested and Oliver will take a deal for her maybe? 

But I've actually been expecting it ever since Cayden James set her up with the digital footprint thing so nothing would surprise me.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

I think it was foreshadowing and like most foreshadowing on Arrow it was done with a clunker of a line. 

What I don’t like is the idea of her being arrested but Oliver taking the fall. I don’t like it for a couple reasons. One reason being the hater reaction, which would be vocal and annoying, but the biggest reason is it would take a story which should be about Felicity and make it about Oliver. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I have to admit I had some foreshadowing vibes when Felicity told the prosecutor good luck in proving she committed cyber crimes. Combined with her speech to Oliver about "saving each other" made me wonder if Felicity is going to get arrested and Oliver will take a deal for her maybe? 

But I've actually been expecting it ever since Cayden James set her up with the digital footprint thing so nothing would surprise me.

The thing is that would be because of something Cayden did, not Diaz, and considering Diaz is supposed to be the Big Bad, would it be a good idea to have something that big happen that’s not his doing in the finale? All it would do is remind us that Diaz isn’t that great of a villain. They’re doing that enough already. But in the finale? 

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I think it was foreshadowing and like most foreshadowing on Arrow it was done with a clunker of a line. 

What I don’t like is the idea of her being arrested but Oliver taking the fall. I don’t like it for a couple reasons. One reason being the hater reaction, which would be vocal and annoying, but the biggest reason is it would take a story which should be about Felicity and make it about Oliver. 

The only way I could see it being even remotely satisfying is if Oliver and Felicity were both set up for something and Oliver took the fall for the two of them. Like, Felicity's digital fingerprints are on the firewall that she took down that Cayden exploited by uploading the virus he used to shut down the city's power grid (and kill Pike and whoever else). That's when he started blackmailing Oliver for city funds - that Oliver was never able to account for. So if they got charged in tandem (Felicity for the virus and hacking of the grid, Oliver for embezzling the money and setting up Cayden as the fall guy/murdering him), then I would be okay with it (apart from the fact that that DOES make Diaz look like an actual mastermind - because that takes some planning and manipulation). That way they both are getting accused of doing something wrong, but Oliver takes the heat for both of them.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Yeah, I hate it too. I don't want it AT ALL. Her haters would blame her for Oliver going to prison and we'll have that for an entire hiatus which NO. And I also don't think Felicity would let Oliver do that?

Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

The thing is that would be because of something Cayden did, not Diaz, and considering Diaz is supposed to be the Big Bad, would it be a good idea to have something that big happen that’s not his doing in the finale? All it would do is remind us that Diaz isn’t that great of a villain. They’re doing that enough already. But in the finale? 

Good point. But I could see Diaz taking what Cayden did and using it to his own advantage. 

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, I hate it too. I don't want it AT ALL. Her haters would blame her for Oliver going to prison and we'll have that for an entire hiatus which NO. And I also don't think Felicity would let Oliver do that?

I could see Oliver pulling the William card. He lost one mother, don’t let him lose two.

Honestly, I would rather they both be arrested and locked up for hiatus. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I could see Diaz taking what Cayden did and using it to his own advantage. 

There is no way he’s smart enough. How could they expect us to buy that given everything we’ve seen of him this season? 

Then again, maybe they’ll say BS read something in a law book and told him before she turned on him and she’ll join the team to help over the summer because she’ll feel bad for the role she plays in Oliver being in jail and want to make up for it and we’ll be expected to believe that. 

(I’m sorry for putting that into the universe.)

12 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Maybe BS told Diaz that Cayden let Felicity put her hack on it and Diaz tipped the FBI. 

Dianz was supposed to be one of Cayden's partners so if he told BS, he likely told Diaz.  But it seemed more like Cayden was just being careful so his fingerprints weren't found, not that he was deliberately trying to have her taken down.  

1 minute ago, BunsenBurner said:

If this happened I would hope that ARGUS and Diggle and Lyla and Noah would petition the president for a pardon since Felicity did save the planet from annihilation. 

They all should have a free pass forever for this.  AND then also the alien invasion followed by NAZIS!

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

If this happened I would hope that ARGUS and Diggle and Lyla and Noah would petition the president for a pardon since Felicity did save the planet from annihilation. 

I mean, it's the least they could do.

• Love 4

I can't say I hate the idea of Oliver going to jail for Felicity. Haters are the same people who make it seem like she sat down and laughed manically before bombing Havenrock for fun so they are going to hate her anyway. Felicity could cure cancer while negotiating world peace and they'd still hate her becuz GA/BC1/BC2/BC3/BS/NaziBS 4eva!!!!!!!!

I am not big on the jail thing at all but may as well have Oliver go to jail for someone worthy.

Daily comment about how sad I am that there's not going to be a pregnancy *wails*

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

but the biggest reason is it would take a story which should be about Felicity and make it about Oliver. 

I want Felicity in prison for at least an ep. I want the tropey scene of it looking like things are bad and she's going to get her ass beat, but when we come back from commercial, she charmed all the other inmates. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

I want Felicity in prison for at least an ep. I want the tropey scene of it looking like things are bad and she's going to get her ass beat, but when we come back from commercial, she charmed all the other inmates. 

oooh her "Oh crap" faces would be adorable as she scrambles to get out of trouble! And outsmart the other inmates to avoid a beatdown.

She'd be so cute! Even in orange!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Chaser said:

I could see Oliver pulling the William card. He lost one mother, don’t let him lose two.

Honestly, I would rather they both be arrested and locked up for hiatus. 

Haha I said the same thing. Rather then they have Oliver take the fall for Felicity followed by very Annoying Felicity haters bitching all through the Hiatus, have Both of them go to Jail at the end of the season. Oliver could still "be alone" where does that leave William though? With Grandparents or Dyla?

27 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Haha I said the same thing. Rather then they have Oliver take the fall for Felicity followed by very Annoying Felicity haters bitching all through the Hiatus, have Both of them go to Jail at the end of the season. Oliver could still "be alone" where does that leave William though? With Grandparents or Dyla?

I'd guess with Grandparents. I actually think even if only Oliver went/goes to prison, Samantha's parents would probably sue for custody, at least in the real world. Felicity loves William and vice versa but she's been his stepmother for less than six months and from his Grandparents perspective, choosing Oliver probably wouldn't look like excellent decision making.

• Love 2

If the grandparents cared, they would've sued for custody of William as soon as they found out their daughter was dead. The likelihood of them showing up even if both went to prison is slim to none. They'd probably just have the Diggles take him in like Dinah/Curtis looked after Zoe. 

The idea of Oliver and/or Felicity going to jail at the end of this season while BS gets some psuedo-"redemption" and doesn't suffer any consequences for all the innocent people we watched her murder in cold blood makes me want to throw up and rage quit this show.

• Love 22
(edited)
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

The idea of Oliver and/or Felicity going to jail at the end of this season while BS gets some psuedo-"redemption" and doesn't suffer any consequences for all the innocent people we watched her murder in cold blood makes me want to throw up and rage quit this show.

Nooooooooo don't quit!!!  One of the best things about this show are you guys on this board (yes I'm very sentimental). We've got to wait it out for an Olicitot together!!!!!

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Nooooooooo don't quit!!!  One of the best things about this show are you guys on this board (yes I'm very sentimental). We've got to wait it out for an Olicitot together!!!!!

If Oliver ends up in jail (which looks like a near certainty now) an Olicitot would probably be the only thing that could bring me back next season. 

13 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

No one knows of her night time activities unlike Oliver and Felicity's. Especially with Felicity bringing more attention to herself by challenging a high profile lawyer to find dirt on her.

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

No one knows of her night time activities unlike Oliver and Felicity's. Especially with Felicity bringing more attention to herself by challenging a high profile lawyer to find dirt on her.

The heroes on the show know. The ones who are supposed to be putting psycho villain serial killers down. They know. So Oliver and Felicity being punished while BS is welcomed into the hero club cause she has daddy issues is gross. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The heroes on the show know. The ones who are supposed to be putting psycho villain serial killers down. They know. So Oliver and Felicity being punished while BS is welcomed into the hero club cause she has daddy issues is gross. 

Where has she been welcomed into the hero club though? Certainly not on the show from anything we know. But what they know and the general public know are two different things. 

1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

I know. I had to sit and watch BS murder innocent people. I'm pissed off and insulted as a viewer that the writers have spent 1/3 of the season gaslighting the audience into forgetting what happened in the first 2/3 of the season. I'm furious that a cold blooded murderer is getting a "redemption" that's completely unearned in the cheapest way possible-- by suddenly making her a weakling that needs to be rescued. Maybe some people will swallow any crap the show wants to feed them just for the sake of their fav sticking around for no logical reason, but I know shit when I see it.

Nothing is logical until they make it logical. 

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Where has she been welcomed into the hero club though? Certainly not on the show from anything we know. But what they know and the general public know are two different things. 

They are giving her redemption beats. She is helping BC in 6x23. She’s sticking around for S7. It’s not crazy to think they could be setting up some type of partnership with TA next season.

It’s about consequences. Whether dealt by the public or the heroes. 

• Love 11

Now she and BC have a common enemy. But even if they do begin her on a redemption tour to becoming a hero, it's a superhero show, helping others is part of making up for their past deeds. She won't be the first villain that Oliver or any of these people let walk around.

2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

If Oliver ends up in jail (which looks like a near certainty now) an Olicitot would probably be the only thing that could bring me back next season. 

I'm like 98% sure there's no pregnancy at the end of this season but the other 2% is soooooo stupidly hopeful I kinda hate myself for it ??

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm like 98% sure there's no pregnancy at the end of this season but the other 2% is soooooo stupidly hopeful I kinda hate myself for it ??

I'm pretty sure there isn't one either, but I'm hard pressed to think of anything else that they could use to dangle to get Olicity fans to tune in if they're going to separate them for an extended period of time (assuming Oliver isn't going to get broken out of jail by the end of the season premiere). Last season there was the kiss in 523 and the promise that they'll talk (implying a reunion) after everything was over. This year it's...? 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I'm pretty sure there isn't one either, but I'm hard pressed to think of anything else that they could use to dangle to get Olicity fans to tune in if they're going to separate them for an extended period of time (assuming Oliver isn't going to get broken out of jail by the end of the season premiere). Last season there was the kiss in 523 and the promise that they'll talk (implying a reunion) after everything was over. This year it's...? 

I think these writers are dumb enough to assume we're going to come back because Olicity are married and it's no big deal one of them is in jail.

But they're married why do you care that one of them is in jail as long as they haven't broken up? will be their line of thinking.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Now she and BC have a common enemy. But even if they do begin her on a redemption tour to becoming a hero, it's a superhero show, helping others is part of making up for their past deeds. She won't be the first villain that Oliver or any of these people let walk around.

How they gonna even get close to Dragon when he has ways to disable them. I still say that BS will disappear if Diaz is around in s7. She could easily be put in Argus facility and be used from time to time. Because even if whatever happens to Quentin hit close with her, it still does not change who she is ... 

• Love 1
(edited)

Remember this papp 'spoiler'? ...

-- From papp blog: "This scene was interesting to me for a couple reasons, since I know in episode 22 Oliver 'makes a deal' with the Feds.... so why the big dramatics in ep 23?" (Apr. 28, 2018 canadagraphs blog post, page 17 of Spoilers thread and page 1767 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Edited by tv echo
7 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Agreed! It would be disgusting but it would sadly fit this season. Only people that never turned their backs on Oliver this season suffer at the end while NTA Dig and BS remain free. I can almost see these hacks doing it. Quentin Dies, and Olicity go to Jail While BS doesn't pay for her Crimes, and The Newbs remain free as well as Dig. 

• Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, Chaser said:

They are giving her redemption beats. She is helping BC in 6x23. She’s sticking around for S7. It’s not crazy to think they could be setting up some type of partnership with TA next season.

It’s about consequences. Whether dealt by the public or the heroes. 

I wonder if they’re going to have her team up with The Quadrant or something over the hiatus. Like if one of the last things we find out before the ep ends is that they promised her a seat if she can off Diaz because he’s too unpredictable or something. That way they can basically put the pause on whatever they’re doing with her until the show comes back next season (provided they’re going for full redemption and not making her the next Malcolm - in which case they wouldn't need to pause because that would logically be her next move). 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

I can see being the next Malcolm, LOT already made DD the previous next Malcolm on that show (complete with similar ending) it's something they like to do, but maybe Beth S will have other ideas. I can't see full on redemption whilst Tinah is still on the show and what would be the point in having BS become exactly like E1LL, KC still won't be particularly good at playing another good LL and if she's more ambiguous they can get milage out of that ala Malcolm etc. 

As for Olicity. I'll wait for the post finale post mortem interviews and having seen exactly what went down before saying they wouldn't give any hope for next season. What we have now doesn't sound enthusing but whilst the show was pretending everyone could be dead we started getting the first rumours of the double wedding and that went back and forward about how true it was for a long time. 

I haven't been around for a few days, so I'm a little confused about BS and BC working together in the finale. Has this been confirmed somewhere? Because Dinah turned on Oliver for not prioritizing Vince over the city but she's going to work with the woman who killed him? 

• Love 1
(edited)

BS turned against Diaz an episode or 2 earlier than I expected so part of me still, naively, hopes that she turns again in 623, once it looks like Diaz has been dealt with. I still don't buy her sudden conscience when we've seen her behave one way for the majority of the season so it would make more sense, IMO, if she stayed true to her true villain colors by looking out for her own interests. But then this show doesn't play well with logic at the best of times and it's more clear than ever that they have no idea what the hell they're doing with KC. If they had brains they'd play to her strengths which is playing a villain but they don't so...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I can see being the next Malcolm, LOT already made DD the previous next Malcolm on that show (complete with similar ending) it's something they like to do, but maybe Beth S will have other ideas.

The problem with the Malcolm comparison is that, as much as Oliver (and Felicity and Diggle) hated him, he had connections to the team that helped explain why they were willing to work with him occasionally. He was Tommy and Thea's dad and that required Oliver to give at least a tiny damn about him. Oliver doesn't give a single fuck about BS. (I crack up every time I watch the shrug he gives when Quentin tells him that she's going to testify as a rebuttal witness.) I can't see that changing, even if something terrible happens to Quentin, because Oliver knows she's not Laurel and she doesn't have any real connection to Quentin. With no connection to Oliver or any member of the team and a bad history with all of them, it's impossible to buy that she'd become a member of the team, even moreso because her only power is wholly redundant of another member of the team. Great writers like David Simon and Aaron Sorkin couldn't make this work, much less the hack writers on this show.

• Love 10