Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm not sure what to type. This conflict is so stupid and nonsensical.

Almost every conflict that they come up with is exactly that. Even though they have so many episodes, they somehow cannot manage to write a consistent storyline that would show the viewer a character's motivation. (Maybe they show really focus on an actual overall plot next season. And not push stuff back or move storylines around. 

But aren't we all glad that according to one of the episode's descriptions we have time for Curtis on his quest for love but not for Diggle's reasoning why he wants to be GA. I mean, what is bad about Spartan? I don't get it. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Susan is coming back.  

???

Mine and your definition of good is not the same. :P

Remember that episode of Buffy that was just Buffy having sexytimes with...Riley? Spike? yeah I can't remember, but it was mostly that? Show! YOU OWE ME!!!

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

So we have a villain heavy ep, a court case, my BROTP fighting, no sexytimes, and more NTA to look forward to. 

Isn't that what all the viewers they have left are tuning in for?

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1

The problem with the timing is it's not like they're having Diggle say, "You know, Oliver, maybe I should go around as the Green Arrow a few times with your trial coming up." Instead, pretty much everything on the show right now is screaming "Being the Green Arrow right now sucks. Everyone's after you. You could end up in prison for life. You could be killed - on the street or in prison. If you help someone and the police show up, you may or may not get arrested/killed, whether the officers are corrupt or not." And then there's Diggle going, "I want to be the Green Arrow again," and really, no reason he could come up with would make sense right now. 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

After the promo, I'm thinking it's possible Diggle leaves the team - to work on his own? work for ARGUS? I can't see him joining the newbies after what they did to him - and that's why Oliver's so down in 618? 

I think Oliver doubting his abilities to be a leader in 618 is going to be a direct response to whatever Dig says/does in 617 (in addition to all the newbies ditching him). I really, really hope Dig doesn't say something about how the team falling apart is all Oliver's fault because that would be totally OOC for him -- but so is this whole storyline.

I did appreciate how bewildered Oliver looked right before Dig threw the first punch. If it's coming out of nowhere for him, hopefully he's the audience surrogate and forces Dig to explain himself. 

Edited by Trisha

SUPER unpopular opinion, I get it, but...I don't actually mind this plot? It might be more because of my own reasoning of how this Diggle plot is going down, but idk I like the emotions between Oliver and Diggle in those shots and it actually made me more excited to see the episode. Plus, it's actually giving a plot to Diggle and to a lesser extent OTA, especially since they were they only ones in the promo, so I'm good with it. Ignore me, it's not part of the narrative.

I would say it's pretty certain that Diggle is gonna say some crappy things to Oliver. It's the only way they can get Oliver to a low place in 618 where he questions and doubts himself. Who cares about characterization?! Not Arrow. ?

The only good thing about that promo was NO NEWBIES. Silver linings?

16 minutes ago, Belinea said:

But aren't we all glad that according to one of the episode's descriptions we have time for Curtis on his quest for love but not for Diggle's reasoning why he wants to be GA. I mean, what is bad about Spartan? I don't get it. 

I'll allow it if it means Curtis falls deeply in love with someone who needs to move away from Star City and Curtis decides to move with him, never to return again.

16 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Remember that episode of Buffy that was just Buffy having sexytimes with...Riley? Spike? yeah I can't remember, but it was mostly that? Show! YOU OWE ME!!!

It was Riley, and I've been thinking about it all the time for the past few weeks after reading The New Normal. Now I want a villain who casts some spell that makes Oliver and Felicity do nothing but have sex with each other for a week. We deserve this.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, way2interested said:

SUPER unpopular opinion, I get it, but...I don't actually mind this plot?

It will give us Digg and Oliver in scenes together so I am happy about that. I'll take what I can get at this point. :) I am curious what Felicity's opinion will be. 

• Love 3

So the newbies use Diggle's disability for their own advantage and then he just forgets about that because he had a falling out with Oliver? That's a no from me. Diggle joining up with the newbies would be the worst thing ever. I hope that doesn't happen. 

23 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So the newbies use Diggle's disability for their own advantage and then he just forgets about that because he had a falling out with Oliver? That's a no from me. Diggle joining up with the newbies would be the worst thing ever. I hope that doesn't happen. 

I'm not going to lie; I'd seriously look down on Diggle if he teamed up with the newbies and/or Dick Dragon against Oliver. 

• Love 3

I don't think he'd team up with the newbies, primarily because they're pissed at him too. Unless it's an enemy of my enemy is my friend type thing. If anything, I guess maybe he'll go off on his own or quit. Although the latter would be a terrible look. 

It’s such an odd story decision because Spartan and Green Arrow are functionally the same role in terms of saving the city, except GA has the infamy and also a current murder rap? If his issue is that he wants to be the team leader he could do that as Spartan. At this point it seriously sounds like Digg just wants attention and accolades which is like not how he has ever been presented? 

Idk maybe they make Diggle the team leader and that’s how the brats get brought back into the fold since they mostly have issues with Oliver’s leadership? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

Idk maybe they make Diggle the team leader and that’s how the brats get brought back into the fold since they mostly have issues with Oliver’s leadership? 

They have issues with all of OTA, that's what the ending of 614 was about.

• Love 3

Weirdly the Arrow account still hasn't deleted the sneak peek, even though it's clearly for the wrong episode. I guess there's no use trying to put the genie back in the bottle now...

Meanwhile, SA is suddenly all about OTA tweets this afternoon...

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Maybe the CW should pay SA on the side to do all the Arrow promotion... He couldn't do worse.

Also EBR either has to stay for a long shoot and/or she is really is the most beloved cast member :-) 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

Weirdly the Arrow account still hasn't deleted the sneak peek, even though it's clearly for the wrong episode. I guess there's no use trying to put the genie back in the bottle now...

I'm assuming between this, and Stephen choosing an Olicity baby meme on Monday, Reddit is losing their collective shit right now. Good job Stephen ??

• Love 10

The only way I might be able to accept it is something like if he used it as a talisman when he was recovering from his arm (both times recently) and now like Oliver with Laurel's picture the reality isn't living up to reality. And/or all the other times Oliver has let him down over the years are boiling over again because of it. Or that he took massive pride in being the leader, but that made more sense when it was an actual team, not just him and Felicity. Even then I don't think it's worth throwing punches over. I really hope they don't make it as juvenile and missing the point as the boobs tantrums. 

No alien dream world fantasies need apply and I truly hope this isn't the BLM episode in disguise. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Featherhat said:

No alien dream world fantasies need apply and I truly hope this isn't the BLM episode in disguise. 

I didn’t even think of that. Oh god oh god oh god...

• Love 5
18 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Also, we have ep titles:

Arrow - Episode 6.21 - Docket No. 11-19-41-73
Arrow - Episode 6.22 - The Ties That Bind

Does Bruce Springsteen have a song by that title? Or did they stop that?

17 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

I'll allow it if it means Curtis falls deeply in love with someone who needs to move away from Star City and Curtis decides to move with him, never to return again.

It was Riley, and I've been thinking about it all the time for the past few weeks after reading The New Normal. Now I want a villain who casts some spell that makes Oliver and Felicity do nothing but have sex with each other for a week. We deserve this.

OMG yes!! Why haven't us Oliciters thought of that before LOL

'Arrow' To Feature Another Episode Named After a Bruce Springsteen Song
By RUSS BURLINGAME - March 28, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/03/28/arrow-to-feature-another-episode-named-after-a-bruce-springsteen/

For the sixth season in a row, Arrow will name the penultimate episode of its season after a Bruce Springsteen song -- this time, "The Ties That Bind."

Green Arrow TV has uncovered the title, which takes its inspiration from a track on Springsteen's 1980 album The River. A regular presence on Springsteen's live shows, the song deals with themes of family and honor that have been present throughout all of Arrow's sixth season.
The first of the Arrow episodes to be named after a Bruce Springsteen song was arguably the most obvious (at least for a while): "Darkness on the Edge of Town."

Another song off of Darkness on the Edge of Town, "Streets of Fire" was the episode where Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim confirmed, yes, these are Bruce Springsteen titles. Earlier in the season, an episode titled "The Promise" could have been named after a Springsteen song, as well, although that has never been confirmed.

Season three featured "This Is Your Sword," a song from Springsteen's then-new album High Hopes, performed with Tom Morello (who wrote the Dark Horse series Orchid and scored Iron Man) on guitar.

Season four had "Lost in the Flood," named for a song from Springsteen's debut album, Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J.

Season five featured "Missing," a song prominently featured in Sean Penn's film The Crossing Guard, which starred Jack Nicholson. Penn's previous film, The Indian Runner, was an adaptation of the Springsteen song "Highway Patrolman."

Edited by tv echo

Lyrics - "The Ties That Bind" by Bruce Springsteen

You been hurt and you're all cried out you say 
You walk down the street pushin' people outta your way 
You packed your bags and all alone you wanna ride, 
You don't want nothin', don't need no one by your side 
You're walkin' tough baby, but you're walkin' blind 
to the ties that bind 

The ties that bind 
Now you can't break the ties that bind 

Cheap romance, it's all just a crutch 
You don't want nothin' that anybody can touch 
You're so afraid of being somebody's fool 
Not walkin' tough baby, not walkin' cool 
You walk cool, but darlin', can you walk the line 
And face the ties that bind 
The ties that bind 

I would rather feel the hurt inside, yes I would darlin', 
Than know the emptiness your heart must hide, 
Yes I would darlin', yes I would darlin', 
Yes I would baby 

You sit and wonder just who's gonna stop the rain 
Who'll ease the sadness, who's gonna quiet the pain 
It's a long dark highway and a thin white line 
Connecting baby, your heart to mine 
We're runnin' now but darlin' we will stand in time 
To face the ties that bind 
The ties that bind 
You can't forsake the ties that bind

(source)

(nomalliug)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Trisha said:

I didn’t even think of that. Oh god oh god oh god...

I've been wondering about it on and off for a couple of weeks, though I don't think it's entirely likely. Just that the movement's slogans (and not much else lets face it) might be used to explain and justify Dig's sudden GA issues for a couple more eps as Rightous and then it's all ok, when that was never their problem, the issue has never come up and will never be mentioned again if it happens.

The Gun ep was like middle school social studies copied and pasted of the first arguement about the gun debate they could find on the internet, probably the interns did just that, none of it was "organic" to the characters, even though the EPS were sincere in wanting to show a debate.

To clarify.: I don't think it will or should be this but colour me not shocked if it becomes a Subtle Shocking part of it. 

Edited by Featherhat
grammar
38 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

To clarify.: I don't think it will or should be this but colour me not shocked if it becomes a Subtle Shocking part of it. 

The thing is the gun episode came during the filler period of the season, while this is when the plot usually kicks back up and they still have to set up 618 and close the door on this Diggle plot, so thankfully I think there's more going against it than for it.

If Lance dies (which is my guess too), I'll miss Paul but this show really has no clue what to do with him. I hope we at least lose one of the noobs, or downgrade their status. Something has got to give with them.

• Love 4

That's weird. I was just thinking this morning that Sara probably wasn't likely to crossover to Arrrow this season, since Caity Lotz dyed her hair red about as soon as Legends wrapped, and I was thinking she wouldn't have done that if she was still going to appear on Arrow.  Shows what I know! :)

But yeah, probably a death knell for Quentin.  If BS kills him, I hope Sara takes her out hard. 

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about Sara being in the finale.

On the one hand, let her remind Lance that he does still have a daughter who's alive and actually his daughter. 

On the other hand, depending on what happens in the episodes leading up to the finale, I may just be annoyed by any time they spend with Sara that they could have spent on characters from Arrow. Especially after what we've had to sit through this season already. 

• Love 6

Just read the spoiler @JJ928 posted in the Spoilers Only thread, and JFC. These writers will never learn, will they? They finally made Oliver happy and whole just so they could strip everything away from him again? How is this entertaining? I hate these people.

• Love 15

They do this every season with Diggle/Oliver. EVERY SEASON. How can MG sit there and act like they're doing something totally new? I was hoping True lies, and his other shows would make him step away from arrow. This show needs new blood, or to start figuring out how to wrap things up. It's always been repetitive but this is ridiculous. I've never seen a show so against allowing their main character to really grow lol.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 7

SA on tonight's episode: http://tvline.com/2018/03/29/arrow-thea-in-danger-season-6-preview-nyssa-return/

“For one, Oliver and Nyssa finally get to settle a longstanding arrangement that they’ve had…,” he teased. “And two, for any fans of the show since the beginning, since the pilot, you should be on the lookout for a very familiar piece of dialogue.”

Please let this mean we never have to hear about that "marriage" ever again. 

Please let Sara remind Lance that BS isn't his daughter, but he still has one who is alive, and a pseudo daughter in Thea.

I hope MG realized that no BLM Arrow episode could ever compete with Black Lightening.

I'm going to enjoy tonight's episode, and treat the rest of the season like season 3 "where nothing good happened" (except for 3x20) from 3x11 to the last minutes of 3x23. Grateful for tonight's small mercy.

I lost faith in the Bruce Springsteen songs after This Is Your Sword, which was about love and a relationship and I was expecting Olicity in the episode. And it ended up about swords and fighting and no Olicity.  At the end, I went to my bed and curled up in a fetal ball.

• Love 1

I'm tired. If they're going to make Oliver a miserable, tortured person again, only to kill him off so he can be at his most "heroic" at the end of the show, I'm just going to quit watching now. 

• Love 12

They really are the most incompetent writing staff and EPs ever. Just when I think they can't get any worse...

We know from SA's tweets that he filmed a scene with Felicity, William and Diggle along with Rene, Zoe and the lawyer for 621 so maybe MG is just exaggerating the extent of Oliver being alone without support? IDK. I'm basically at the point where I'm finding it hard to care. It's frustrating.