Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

While I don't like the idea of Oliver lashing out at Felicity and William, I'm so desperate for an OTA episode and not one about NoTA or Team Villain, I'll take it.

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Could the old friend be Sara? There was a rumor about a mini-LOT crossover happening in this episode.

Last seen on LoT, Sara sent Ava away because she wasn't worthy of loving someone.  She and Oliver can be miserable together.

• Love 3

So I guess the dialogue peek SA tweeted earlier is from the “old friend.” And is this the ep they were filming when EBR tweeted about accidentally slapping him at the end of every take because she thought it was in the script?

Meanwhile, Twitter is all about theories for why Felicity doesn’t seem to be around much following Oliver’s “lashing out”:

24 minutes ago, Trisha said:

And is this the ep they were filming when EBR tweeted about accidentally slapping him at the end of every take because she thought it was in the script?

I think that was back for their scene in 615, or possibly something in 614, wasn't it?

• Love 3

I don't relish the idea of Oliver lashing out at Felicity, but am surprisingly comforted by the idea of Felicity and William teaming up.  I have never had a use for William, nor a desire to see this story play out, but I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like William and the place it allows Felicity to land.  

• Love 2

There's no reason that EBR not filming much (apparently) means anything happened to her (or she's not talking to Oliver or whatever). It might, but 619 is a Team Villain ep and 620 seems to be NTA and villain heavy meaning she an she Digg and Oliver are likely in the bunker scenes or more domestic scenes at home. Hopefully any problems don't last beyond the episode, it's always hard to tell how seriously to take the ep descriptions.

I'd like the old friend to be Anatoly but I'd take Sara (don't think it likely since she's likely to be having a big role in the LOT final but its possible). I'd definitely take Tommy.

I want the old friend to be Anatoly. A lot. I miss their snarky friendship so very much. 

Not excited for Olicity relationship drama. Didn't we just do that for, like, two seasons? Cant we just enjoy our domestic fluff for a bit longer? Sfter all we have suffered through with the horrible Newbs, dont we deserve that?

• Love 3

I think I feel reasonably confident that Oliver and Felicity will make up by episode’s end or that the “lashing out” isn’t actually a big deal. (We know how these episode descriptions can be.)

And hey, at least it’s not last season. A year ago, I’d be expecting them to have Oliver lash out and then have Felicity apologize to him. 

• Love 3

I think they'll make up by the episode's end unless Felicity is actually kidnapped for the episodes that are light on EBR in which case I'm guessing Oliver comes home to apoligize and finds her or her and William gone. I'm not sure how the fact those episodes also seem to be SA light fit with a kidnapping scenario since Oliver would presumably all over finding her/them.

• Love 1

I don’t actually see this as Olicity relationship drama because it’s not really about them or their relationship? It’s more Oliver lashing out at the ones he loves the most because he’s angry and frustrated. That’s nothing to do with Olicity at all, it’s just that Felicity is there to get the brunt of his anger.

That being said, I just hope it doesn’t cause Olicity drama, haha. But I don’t think it will. I feel like they want to avoid that tbh. 

Edited by Guest

I’m assuming they’ll make up by the end of the episode too because it’s not just Felicity; he also lashes out at William. Which means he’s automatically going to feel like crap about it. A year ago I was so worried about the kid’s presence but now it’s almost comforting. Who would have thought?

The ‘Felicity goes to jail’ theory still has a lot of steam on Twitter, but it mostly originated from Cayden tricking her into doing that hack earlier this season, and I think the show is done with all things Cayden. Unless they try to make it like it was all part of Diaz’s plan, which seems unlikely.

Also, SA tweeted about two key members of the show finding other opportunities. I love how he clarified that it wasn’t anyone from the cast. Really hoping DR gets to direct next year.  

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

I think this might be what was being referred to:

9 hours ago, way2interested said:

Tbh, I initially guessed that one of the hallucinations would say that (The Hood, s4 Oliver, Chase, whatever) to him rather than an actual person.

I decided that the Old Friend was The Hood last night. I can't tell if this reads as The Hood or if because I think it's The Hood that I'm reading it that way.

In any case I'm actually curious/excited to see how it plays out.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I can't tell if this reads as The Hood or if because I think it's The Hood that I'm reading it that way.

Oh, I can definitely hear the Hood, especially if SA felt the need to put the beginning in all caps. You can even hear exactly how SA as the Hood would read it, I'm just wary because I don't know if Oliver would consider the Hood an "old friend," although this is Chico writing the release.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I can't tell if this reads as The Hood or if because I think it's The Hood that I'm reading it that way.

Oh, I can definitely hear the Hood, especially if SA felt the need to put the beginning in all caps. You can even hear exactly how SA as the Hood would read it, I'm just wary because I don't know if Oliver would consider the Hood an "old friend," although this is Chico writing the release.

On 2/6/2018 at 9:42 AM, Belinea said:

tumblr_p3qbxpeztB1v81mlzo1_1280.thumb.jpg.f87392a63f3beebbf63c35509f5d318b.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Has anyone seen this before? I didn't want to post it in the New Spoiler thread because I didn't know it if it is a) old news and I just didn't see it or b) has some untrue info...

Here's the (unconfirmed) fan spoilers about 618 that were mentioned upthread.

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, i consider the old friend just Chico or whoever writes those blurbs trying to say something without spoiling it. I'm not looking at the old friend being literal.

• Love 1

Could the Sara Lance "spoiler" in 618 be true? She be the old friend? I wouldn't have thought it if I didn't come across Stephen quote tweeting Caity Lotz on a totally different topic. But I wouldn't put it past him to put her on the Arrow fans' radar because of 618.

I bet he's going to tell them some variation of "get away from me I'm bad for you, just leave me alone in my misery."  In other news, water remains wet.  :D

That's probably what it will be - if he thinks every action he takes just makes things worse then he can just isolate himself.  We've seen stupid Oliver and oblivious Oliver but asshole Oliver hasn't really made an appearance this season (aside from some of his interactions with Diggle earlier) and it's best to keep it that way.

Of course, a truly desperate Oliver would just call in the human cheat code known as Barry Allen and ask him to zip around the city and fix everything.

10 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

That's probably what it will be - if he thinks every action he takes just makes things worse then he can just isolate himself.  We've seen stupid Oliver and oblivious Oliver but asshole Oliver hasn't really made an appearance this season (aside from some of his interactions with Diggle earlier) and it's best to keep it that way.

Of course, a truly desperate Oliver would just call in the human cheat code known as Barry Allen and ask him to zip around the city and fix everything.

Sara literally just did this, would they do the same beats so soon? Why, yes, yes they would. Especially if CL is guest staring in some capacity. Of course saying that to your new GF is a bit different then saying it to your wife and son who's mother died less than 1 year ago. It's just frustrating because I don't like DDDragon as the big mastermind and I don't think he's earned that in the same way CJ could have (or Anatoly). Add to that Oliver has just been giving emotionally healthy advice to Thea for the first time in forever. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeguy said:

I bet he's going to tell them some variation of "get away from me I'm bad for you, just leave me alone in my misery."  In other news, water remains wet.  :D

Then I need Felicity to respond that she did not sign up to take care of his kid alone and he needs to suck it up get over his angst and probably see a therapist. Or at least get a new journal. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Then I need Felicity to respond that she did not sign up to take care of his kid alone

I can just hear him saying that William will be better off with his maternal grandparents....

Oliver has to stop going into his regular "I'm so terrible" episodes because it's going to traumatize William for life if he already isn't.

• Love 1
Just now, bijoux said:

What are the betting odds of it amounting to nothing, like Oliver is on edge because of everything and snaps at them for gorging on cookies before dinner? 

I'm almost with you. I expect it to be nothing but not quite cookie level nothing. I'm kind of expecting a replay 406 with the roles reversed.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm almost with you. I expect it to be nothing but not quite cookie level nothing. I'm kind of expecting a replay 406 with the roles reversed.

Same. Hopefully also with implied sex at the end.

Edited by KenyaJ
4 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

Then I need Felicity to respond that she did not sign up to take care of his kid alone and he needs to suck it up get over his angst and probably see a therapist. Or at least get a new journal. 

I don't really think Oliver lashing out will even be with any intent to follow through on anything he's lashing out about.  If the "get away from me I'm bad for you" thing goes as I'm thinking, he's rejecting comfort.  Either they'd be trying to make him feel better and he's so dissatisfied with himself in the moment he pushes them away or they are just going about their business and just normal life is a reminder that he is a failure and doesn't deserve to have a family and he lashes out.

But I see it more as a bad mood/depressed that prompts the lashing out rather than him actually thinking he needs to break up the family unit.  He might go so far as to question what he deserves to have, but I just can't at this point in his life see him trying to make Felicity or William actually leave with any real permanent intent.

He might say something to the effect about he should be alone, but even without a chance to talk to his "old friend" I think he'd deep down know he was being unreasonable.  But I'm sure they will up the drama for a bit to create a false worry in some of the audience.   So yeah, like 406 where it looked like Felicity really was thinking of breaking up with Oliver but really had more to do with exhaustion letting her guilt and fears get the best of her temporarily.  And then her more rational side returned after some rest and a chance to talk her emotions out.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, WindofChange said:

Nah. I want a 3 minute sex scene for all the torture we've been through this season LOL

Oh obviously. But I figured it's not even worth getting my hopes up for that. I'm happy to be proven wrong though!

• Love 1

Does the "4F" strike anyone else as ironic?

4-F is a classification given to a new U.S. military registrant indicating that he or she is “not acceptable for service in the Armed Forces” due to medical, dental, or other reasons

Eta, interesting origin of the term:

Spoiler

4-F is a classification given to a new U.S. military registrant indicating that he or she is “not acceptable for service in the Armed Forces” due to medical, dental, or other reasons.  Most people do not know that the term 4-F (or 4F) originated in the Civil War and was used to disqualify army recruits who did not have four front teeth with which to tear open gunpowder packages.

As both Confederate and Union soldiers were being recruited, there were very few medical or dental reasons for rejection.  It was noted, however, that in order to properly load a rifle quickly, the gun powder cartridge needed to be ripped open with the teeth. Molars and premolars in the back of the mouth were not sufficient for this task. Only the incisors and canine teeth in the front could be utilized.

Back then, routine dental care did not exist, and many people in their late teens and 20s were missing several teeth. If a recruit could not open the gun powder cartridge with his teeth, he would not be able to reload quickly, placing himself and his fellow soldiers at greater risk.  So, while evaluating new registrants, a dental exam was performed to see if each young man had at least four front teeth. The dentist would examine the young man and evaluate the front teeth (or lack thereof). Those young men without four front teeth were disqualified and not permitted to enlist.

Naturally, a “code” was needed to designate why the registrant was unfit for service. So someone (presumably a Union Officer) came up with:  4-F (lacks 4 Front Teeth)  And from that point forward, the term 4-F was used in this manner.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7