Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I am tired of them coming up with all of these out of the blue devices that allow them to track anyone. It's just gotten ridiculous at this point. 

And why does Dinah have to wear the canary collar? They created a power dampener in 5x10 that renders Canary Cries useless...

The collar overcomes dampeners and helps her focus the cry.  It's a Cisco special delivered at the end of season 5

6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The collar overcomes dampeners and helps her focus the cry.  It's a Cisco special delivered at the end of season 5

I guess I have to go back and reread it because I thought they gave her the same collar they gave Siren in 6x13. 

"Team OG arrives and puts a collar on Dinah"

I take this as they put on the dampener collar so she doesnt use her cry on them.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1

I am a realist. The D@ckheads will rejoin at some point. They have been forced on us for how long now? There is no way we will be rid of them. Just like BS will likely be around until the end of Arrow's run for......reasons.

Best we can hope for is one of the Noobs dies a horrible death! I shall buy cake to celebrate!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, JJ928 said:

Right now Barry is looking real good in comparison to me.

*record scratch* simmah down. ? truthfully? These spoilers give me more of a reason to dislike these characters. Diggle is a one of the cornerstones of Arrow and OTA. Just between all of us, try as they might, the n00bs don’t have the chemistry that the other characters have.  I’m more irritated that the writers will probably sweep this all under the rug and act like it didn’t happen. They are good for stuff like that. 

• Love 11

All I know is I want 615 to start with Felicity telling Diggle, “don’t worry, I’ve tweaked our chips so Curtis can’t hack them.” I don’t trust Curtis to continue to have that kind of access. (I’m assuming he can access Felicity’s even though I don’t think that’s mentioned in the 614 spoilers?)

• Love 3

From your lips to the writers fingers. If these spoilers are accurate? The n00bs are unredeemable to me. See, I feel like they will ignore it and act as if the viewers won’t have a memory of this debacle. It’s just a line you don’t cross. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I guess I have to go back and reread it because I thought they gave her the same collar they gave Siren in 6x13. 

"Team OG arrives and puts a collar on Dinah"

I take this as they put on the dampener collar so she doesnt use her cry on them.

You are likely right.  I thought you were just talking about the regular collar she wore since 5-23

3 hours ago, KillahBee007 said:

See, I feel like they will ignore it and act as if the viewers won’t have a memory of this debacle.

It feels as though they are already trying that with NTA being upset about them being spied on...They were being spied on because Rene betrayed Oliver. Was the surveillance ok? No. But the initial betrayal was the actual catalyst and it seems as though it is best forgotten. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2

I think I'd respect Rene more at this point if he turned out to be genuinely evil and in cahoots with DDDragon. So he first set off the split and has been fanning the flames ever since. It would sure make his actions more sensical, plus there would be the added benefit of how Dick knows about the team split in the first place, since they do still show up in the field together just like in the last episode. That would leave Dinah being a hypocrite and Curtis an idiot, which I feel are both in keeping with their characters.  

And then there's the big reveal that Zoe is the puppet master. That girl certainly seems more capable than these three idiots or Dick.

• Love 14

Sure, but what's to make the villains they remained split since there's been at least two occasions when all the fighters gathered together in the field - rounding up the villains, and that fight where Vince killed CJ's accomplice whose name constantly escapes me, and more importantly featured Felicity narrating over the fighting. For appearances sake, the team doesn't seem that split from the outside.

• Love 1

True. Maybe Rene just wanders around the city muttering, "This doesn't change anything, Hoss" and that's how Dragon knows the team is still split?  I think the guy Vince killed was Boots although I'm not 100% sure the show ever bothered to actually tell us that.

• Love 10

Just when I thought I couldn't hate these useless characters more, this spoiler comes out.  If true and there is no reason it is not since the last two have been accurate, like others have said NTA  is not redeemable.  

This episode sounds like a mess, I swear I better get a long fantastic honeymoon episode after having to put up with this crap. 

We are going on 5 or 6 episodes of NTA being total assholes.  There was no return for me since 6x09 and I can hold a grudge.

Edited by ladylaw99
  • Love 1

FYI - remaining S6 directors (so far):

614    Ken Shane            
615    Kristin Windell            
616    Joel Navoa        
617    Mark Bunting
618    Ben Hernandez Bray
619    ?
620    Alexa Larouche
621    Andi Armaganian    
622    ?
623    James Bamford :(

Edited by tv echo
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Bam is directing the finale. He posted it in response to a fan on Insta or Twitter - can't remember which - the other day. 

ETA: 

I know I should be used to him being given the big episodes, but Ugggggghhhhh whyyyyy? 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe there's gonna be another earthquake and they thought he'd be the best man for the job!

Makes sense. And they'll save time and money because they won't need to add post-production effects!

• Love 3

I stumbled aross this article and meant to post it here as a laugh - but with these writers, who knows? The theory is that Dinah will become the new Vigilante...

CW Arrow Season 6 Spoilers? Will Black Canary Become New Vigilante On Arrow?
John Babos | February 12, 2018 
http://insidepulse.com/2018/02/12/cw-arrow-season-6-spoilers-will-black-canary-become-new-vigilante-on-arrow/

Will Black Canary Become New Vigilante On Arrow?
We already know that CW Arrow has deviated from comics continuity by making Vincent Sobel the Vigilante instead of Adrian Chase (who was the villain Prometheus last season instead).
However, in the comics there was a female Vigilante too Pat Trayce.
Is it possible that grieving Dinah Drake will take on her dead boyfriend’s mantle in this season of Arrow?

Edited by tv echo

Bamford directing the finale? This show sure does like to reward mediocre white men. ?

I really don't understand how some fans aren't seeing how hard they've pushed Dinah as BC that her not being BC is not even an option? Even the social media posts reinforce that by calling her BC. Unless she decides to give it up for a while, I just don't see that happening. Unfortunately. If it were up to me, BC would've stayed dead after s4. They just can't seem to make it work. Give up already.

7 hours ago, ladylaw99 said:

Just when I thought I couldn't hate these useless characters more, this spoiler comes out.  If true and there is no reason it is not since the last two have been accurate, like others have said NTA  is not redeemable.  

This episode sounds like a mess, I swear I better get a long fantastic honeymoon episode after having to put up with this crap. 

We are going on 5 or 6 episodes of NTA being total assholes.  There was no return for me since 6x09 and I can hold a grudge.

I honestly wouldn't mind them being assholes if only there was a promise we were allowed/are supposed to hate them forever.  

6-14 is going to be rough but on the bright side the next two episodes after that have the potential of being really good.  Roy, Nyssa, the emotional goodbye to Thea and best of all, no newbs!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Bamford directing the finale? This show sure does like to reward mediocre white men. ?

I really don't understand how some fans aren't seeing how hard they've pushed Dinah as BC that her not being BC is not even an option? Even the social media posts reinforce that by calling her BC. Unless she decides to give it up for a while, I just don't see that happening. Unfortunately. If it were up to me, BC would've stayed dead after s4. They just can't seem to make it work. Give up already.

If they are going with a redeemed BS they could make Dinah into Vigilante and bring in BS to be BC. I legit do think that door is opened unless someone just kills Black Siren but the spoilers are saying that she is going to pose as E1LL , right? Unless someone kills her there is a small window to do this. 

I hope they don't because I would probably stop watching Arrow if KC as LL as BC 4.0 gets another go round. I can't take it.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

If they are going with a redeemed BS they could make Dinah into Vigilante and bring in BS to be BC. I legit do think that door is opened unless someone just kills Black Siren but the spoilers are saying that she is going to pose as E1LL , right? Unless someone kills her there is a small window to do this. 

I hope they don't because I would probably stop watching Arrow if KC as LL as BC 4.0 gets another go round. I can't take it.

I think it would be more likely for BS to take up the mantle of Vigilante as penance for killing him than Dinah dropping the BC title.  I also find the idea of anyone taking up the name of Vigilante unlikely.  It's a really crappy code name, lol.  

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I think it would be more likely for BS to take up the mantle of Vigilante as penance for killing him than Dinah dropping the BC title.  I also find the idea of anyone taking up the name of Vigilante unlikely.  It's a really crappy code name, lol.  

I can see this. It's unlikely for sure. Then I never thought this whole BS thing would escalate to poor Quentin thinking he can make her good. UGH. It's all terrible really. I grew to like  Dinah until...well, now. LOL

23 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think the chance is pretty nonexistent tbh. And IMO her "redemption" isn't going to be the "I'm suddenly E1 LL, it's a miracle!" type of redemption her fans are hoping for. I really don't. She's Malcolm Merlyn 2.0, IMO, if that's where this storyline is going. IDK.

(But then I'm at the point where I can't stand Dinah so E1 LL is like a lesser of two evils to me. Words I thought I'd never say.)

Edited by Guest
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

(But then I'm at the point where I can't stand Dinah so E1 LL is like a lesser of two evils to me. Words I thought I'd never say.)

And I am exactly the opposite. LOL. I think Dinah has screwed up out of her love for Vince.  And I think she has a chance to right her wrongs if not rejoining OTA as a member. 

On 2/12/2018 at 2:21 PM, KenyaJ said:

And they're mad because Rene got injured? That was an entirely foreseeable consequence of trying to take on Oliver. If a lethal fighting machine tells you not to take another step and you do it anyway . . . well, bitches have to learn. I'm confused about why Diggle and Felicity went to visit him in the first place. After the shit they pulled, OTA should be done with them.

I take that as Diggle and Felicity are just better people. Do you think Rene Curtis and Dinah would've Visited Oliver in the Hospital? HELL NO

• Love 6

I'm not worried about turning BS into BC tbh despite the weird and awful writing choices this season.Even if they couldn't get rid of BC,I do think they managed to get rid of KC in that role.Plus all the focus on Dinah all season makes it very unlikely she's going anywhere,unfortunately for me because I think she's just as terrible and now crossing lines even LL didn't.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

And I am exactly the opposite. LOL. I think Dinah has screwed up out of her love for Vince.  And I think she has a chance to right her wrongs if not rejoining OTA as a member. 

Haha. Dinah is just everywhere, she's too much for me. I feel like she's taking over sometimes and JH can't carry episodes at all, IMO. I'd much rather she go into the background like she was in s5. LL annoyed me often, it's true, but she wasn't shoved down everyone's throats all the time. Can't say the same about Dinah this season, unfortunately, and I do think that's a result of them pushing her as BC too hard. So maybe they could rectify that by backing off a bit but for me personally the damage is done. Same with the rest of the newbies. I hate them. I'm done.

47 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

It would have to be a major redemption arc because I just don't see her as caring right now.

In terms of the actors, I can see bringing KC back for a season to play out the Black Siren's story.  But bringing her back a la JB to be a recurring frenemy?  In that case, why did they get rid of her in the first place?

• Love 1

As per usual, this mess could've been fixed with just a few tweaks. 

They should've had Dinah and Vince getting back together a few episodes before they did. That way I could buy that she was devastated over losing him and acting out because of it. I mean, I do kind of get it - losing him twice - but she wasn't sure if she should believe him an ep before he died, and then he, you know...knocked her out. They just didn't give it enough time. 

With Quentin, unless the actual story is him losing his shit, I would've preferred a story where Thea or Oliver did successfully talk him out of his dead daughter delusions with BS, but have him still wanted to help her. It makes sense to me that he wants to help her - it's the second daughter he's lost, and having someone who looks like her definitely would mess him up. I would totally buy him being persistent about getting through to her if he just wasn't a spiraling mess while he was doing it. Then - if the point was for him to be wrong, she can still kill him or run off and be evil and I wouldn't be worried about why no one is taking him to a doctor. 

In the spoilers it seems Dinah is questioning her attitude about killing so if anything they are writing a way back..this said if in season 4 someone told me the future (season 5 with Laurel’s legacy they invented and her sanctification + those three annoying newbies) I would have never wished for them to kill LL. I would have kept her as BC and hopefully in the way they used her most of season 4.

If I had my way, the season 4 death should have been Lance, with LL leaving SC (and Arrow) for good after trying and failing to avenge his death. Maybe she goes off adventuring with Nyssa, joins Sara on LoT, I don't care. Season 4 would've ended the same way, season 5 would have been more or less the same minus the ugly statue and the episodes wasted on finding and introducing a replacement BC. In retrospect, since they were forced for whatever reason to keep KC around anyway, this would've been less messy than what they ended up doing-- she's really truly dead so we're going to make her a saint to pacify her fans, oh wait, she's back, but it's not her and she's evil. MESSY.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, jay741982 said:

I take that as Diggle and Felicity are just better people. Do you think Rene Curtis and Dinah would've Visited Oliver in the Hospital? HELL NO

Ha! They probably would have, just to tell him that they don't trust him and his being in the hospital changes nothing.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

They should've had Dinah and Vince getting back together a few episodes before they did. That way I could buy that she was devastated over losing him and acting out because of it. I mean, I do kind of get it - losing him twice - but she wasn't sure if she should believe him an ep before he died, and then he, you know...knocked her out. They just didn't give it enough time. 

The sad thing is, they actually had the makings of a really good tragic romance with Dinah/Vince. There's also a really good emotional story (growth) arc for Dinah, returning to her vengeance days when we first met her. Only to have Dinah learn/grow/abandon vengeance on her own.

Sadly, as with everything on Arrow they rushed through it and it feels a bit hollow. Not totally hollow (IMO) because I did feel for her last week. 

All that to say, you're right a few more Dinah/Vince scenes, earlier in the season would have really helped this storyline.

• Love 3

I was actually warming to Vince/Dinah, and I thought Vince was becoming a really interesting character...and then they rushed through everything so he could be pointlessly killed. Of course. Because why have interesting characters and dynamics, when we can get Curtis bitching about his romantic life that he himself torpedoed, and and Rene telling Oliver how "this hasn't changed anything" as Oliver is laying dead on the ground after taking several bullets for Rene or some shit. 

If the spoilers are true and Curtis is actually going to mess with OTAs chips, then they are irredeemable. Unless they seriously plan on groveling apologies and doing anything and everything to make things up later, I am done with them. No longer interested, they have become villains. And really shitty, boring, nonthreatening villains at that. I already cant stand the newbies, but thats crossing a line. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

This crossed my mind briefly, but then I realized that I actually disliked the dialogue and most of the acting choices left me cold, so I was glad it was wrapped up quickly.

Speaking of Vince, not that I think BS is justified in killing him, but is he really the first person she should atone for? Setting aside him coming after the team, he was also extremely blase about endangering, hurting and possibly killing civilians in hunting down criminals and Oliver. Normal people who got killed when they were just going about their lives should take priority here in my book.

• Love 7
On 2/13/2018 at 8:37 AM, lemotomato said:

I know I should be used to him being given the big episodes, but Ugggggghhhhh whyyyyy? 

What's the problem with him? What's his style? I don't keep up with the show's directors, so I don't know who's who. I'm also behind because I'm more busy now. I'm behind on everything I watch except JTV because I'm usually home when it airs. DVR is getting full.

Edited by Simba122504
8 minutes ago, Simba122504 said:

What's the problem with him? What's his style? I don't keep up with the show's directors, so I don't know who's, who. I'm also behind because I'm more busy now. I'm behind on everything I watch except JTV because I'm usually home when it airs. DVR is getting full.

Bamford tries to be edgy with weird camera angles (he's especially fond of shooting upwards from the ground so we get to look up people's nostrils) and moving shaky cam sequences. Pretty much any action/fight sequence in his episodes is impossible to follow and causes motion sickness. Episodes he directed include: 501, Arrow's 100th episode, 510, 523, 601, Part 2 of the crossover this year, and 610.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Simba122504 said:

What's the problem with him? What's his style? I don't keep up with the show's directors, so I don't know who's, who. I'm also behind because I'm more busy now. I'm behind on everything I watch except JTV because I'm usually home when it airs. DVR is getting full.

Shaky camera. Like super bumpy.

Fight scenes look like a mosh pit. Can't really make out anyone or anything or work out who is fighting who. I kinda accept it but when I watched the crossover his fight scenes were totally different to the other directors and they (his scenes) weren't good! 

Random tilted camera for no good reason. Looks like the camera fell at an angle and no one picked it up again.

I'm not even a person who thinks much about how an episode is directed or camera angles but this hack is really noticeably bad!

Not fond of Laura Belsey's work either even though she is also given a lot of eps. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Not fond of Laura Belsey's work either even though she is also given a lot of eps.

Totally agree with you on this. I'm really irritated with a lot of the angles she chose to shoot the Olicity wedding reception. 

• Love 2