Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

i saw these pics. 

11 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I was wondering if maybe it's still a rumor at that point (and maybe the people there are supporting him even though it hasn't been confirmed yet). 

Yeah, either the rally to support him happens because the leak about Oliver being the Green Arrow is old news by episode 7 or it's just a wild rumor people are supporting.  

But if they end up arresting Oliver, in 6-07 but everyone is free to go hang in the crossovers, I have to think they at least temporarily resolve everything before Thanksgiving is over.  

37 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

From what i heard Oliver gets arrested and exposed as GA. 

While I am generally not a big fan of the idea, I hope this time it's finally going to stick. The writers have teased and subsequently walked back on the storyline too many times already. 

1 minute ago, strikera0 said:

While I am generally not a big fan of the idea, I hope this time it's finally going to stick. The writers have teased and subsequently walked back on the storyline too many times already. 

Way I see it pics or it didn't happen.

A group of people with signs supporting Oliver as Mayor neither confirms nor denys Oliver gets arrested or jailed for being Green Arrow. ?‍♀️  It could very well still be suspicion and rumour by the FBI at this stage. 

And narratively speaking Im assuming the writers are going to find ways to stretch this out longer then episode 7.

32 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

That's more like it Felicity!

How dare Felicity's ghost almost grab his butt! Does she not know he's totes in love with BS who tried to kill his son and they are totes going to be GA/BC 4eva!!!!!

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Any of the glasses off pics would be EBR and SA, there's that tell at least.

Ahh thanks!!! Good tip!!!

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Thank you for putting that thought into the universe, lol.

hXgFzpHm.jpg

OMG I did that. I'm so powerful! Quick, tell me what else to put out into the universe!

7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

How dare Felicity's ghost almost grab his butt! Does she not know he's totes in love with BS who tried to kill his son and they are totes going to be GA/BC 4eva!!!!!

Ahh thanks!!! Good tip!!!

?

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Felicity/Thea, Felicity/Diggle and Felicity/Lance scenes. I fear the only way we'll get those is with some sort of ancient ritual. 

giphy.gif

There was a spousal privilege wedding theory going around. I'm glad this doesn't seem to be the case. 

I would think Oliver and Felicity would be there if he's not being arraigned. Maybe the others are arrested too.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Hearing about Rene getting custody of his daughter maybe. Others there for support/speak on his behalf?

Rene getting his daughter back on or around thanksgiving fits the whole family thanksgiving day theme.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

There was a spousal privilege wedding theory going around. I'm glad this doesn't seem to be the case. 

I would think Oliver and Felicity would be there if he's not being arraigned. Maybe the others are arrested too.

I hate that theory. Burn it! 

On 9/18/2017 at 9:06 PM, ComicFan777 said:

For some reason, I always imagined the ending of Arrow would be something like Angel...OTA leading the charge and having the team run into battle outnumbered...leaving the audience to guess that they probably all died protecting their city.

I would probably hate that like i hated Angel ending like it did

• Love 3

One of the pictures I saw on twitter showed an FBI van on scene. Someone on scene said the FBI arrested someone but there were so many people around it was hard to tell who.  Oliver makes the most sense.  

I think it's too early to rule out spousal privilege. It would explain why a couple who doesn't appear to be engaged in 6.07 might get married in 6.08.  It protects both Oliver and Felicity from testifying against the other.   If Oliver can't function as Green Arrow for a while it might be a set up for Dinah to step up as a leader in mid-season.  They "killed" Oliver in S3 to make Black Canary happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something similar here.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Hearing about Rene getting custody of his daughter maybe. Others there for support/speak on his behalf?

Makes sense, but the whole custody storyline is still stupid to me. Realistically, Rene would have to retire from the vigilante business as soon as he gets his child back. It would be completely irresponsible for him to still be taking the law into his own hands as a single parent because if he gets killed, his child would be an orphan and find herself right back in foster care again. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 9
58 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

I would probably hate that like i hated Angel ending like it did

Also wasn't that ending an intentional FU to the network? Like they cancelled the show out of the blew so they wrote that ending so as not to give the network a neat wrap up. I thought I remember one of the writers saying that in the post show years?

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

I think it's too early to rule out spousal privilege. It would explain why a couple who doesn't appear to be engaged in 6.07 might get married in 6.08.  It protects both Oliver and Felicity from testifying against the other.

I can just see the posts now -- that Oliver only married Felicity because of spousal privilege and if he hadn't had to, they would have reformed Black Siren so that Oliver could be with Laurel at last.

Is this the most rewarding day here ever? Felicity is groping Oliver in public! Is Cupid going to put their photos in a scrapbook?

This looks like a prearranged mayoral speech to me. It looks like a food drive, Oliver's deputy mayor and his family are there (with Thea notably missing, which is worrying). Other stuff may happen while they're there - arrest, wedding - but I don't think that's why they showed up there.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I can just see the posts now -- that Oliver only married Felicity because of spousal privilege and if he hadn't had to, they would have reformed Black Siren so that Oliver could be with Laurel at last.

Conveniently forgetting that this is fiction and if the writers wanted to write it that way they would.

Seriously, interest in pics released by the CW 0 interest in pap shots, even of Myson 10. I get it, they're hoping to catch the people who don't follow spoilers and it might work I guess, but it's so boring to have the same 4 characters in every single bit of promo for the premiere.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Sunshine said:

One of the pictures I saw on twitter showed an FBI van on scene. Someone on scene said the FBI arrested someone but there were so many people around it was hard to tell who.  Oliver makes the most sense.  

The woman who plays the FBI agent was also on set so that makes sense. 

I kind of hate the idea of spousal privilege being a reason for Olicity to get married. I'd prefer it if it was because they worked out their issues and felt like this was the right time, but at this point I'll take it, I guess. 

I'm sorta okayish with spousal privilege simply because I've read it sooo many times as a fanfic trope and they do like to give us our fanfic tropes on this show (bunker sex anyone?).

I get the feeling they are trying to give us Olicity but they've done all the stalling, flirting, pining and proposing in the other seasons so they need to mix it up a bit and do something different!

Non believers will never believe and will make up stuff until they are blue in the face so it doesn't bother me what they think. Makes me laugh. Someone tried to argue that Felicity is just groping Oliver's butt because they are good friends and Olicity is totally NOT happening! Dead and gone for good! She's just got a friendly hand on his ass.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm sorta okayish with spousal privilege simply because I've read it sooo many times as a fanfic trope and they do like to give us our fanfic tropes on this show (bunker sex anyone?).

I get the feeling they are trying to give us Olicity but they've done all the stalling, flirting, pining and proposing in the other seasons so they need to mix it up a bit and do something different!

Non believers will never believe and will make up stuff until they are blue in the face so it doesn't bother me what they think. Makes me laugh. Someone tried to argue that Felicity is just groping Oliver's butt because they are good friends and Olicity is totally NOT happening! Dead and gone for good! She's just got a friendly hand on his ass.

Yeah I always grope my good friends' asses in public during an official event, it's just polite you know?

If a spousal privilege wedding happens it will be fanficcy, but you're right so was bunker sex and they've done so many of the tropes for this couple already, what's one more. It's a bit like Meredith/Derek on GA, which we were discussing around here previously as a way they might go. If they are getting married early ish in the season my only concern is that there's plenty of time for chaos/death in the relationship in 6b ala 4b but we'll really need to wait and see for that I guess.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Sunshine said:

https://twitter.com/canadagraphs/status/910976505156481025

I think it's too early to rule out spousal privilege. It would explain why a couple who doesn't appear to be engaged in 6.07 might get married in 6.08.  It protects both Oliver and Felicity from testifying against the other.   If Oliver can't function as Green Arrow for a while it might be a set up for Dinah to step up as a leader in mid-season.  They "killed" Oliver in S3 to make Black Canary happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something similar here.

https://twitter.com/canadagraphs/status/910985298862993408

9 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I hate that theory. Burn it! 

My problem with spousal privilege is that it actually wouldn't be of any use to them since it isn't retroactive.  Otherwise I'm comfortable knowing they would be getting married out of love first and the legal trick would only be fast forwarded to what they wanted anyway.   But yeah, the law just doesn't work in real life like they'd need it to work.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Saw both of those before I posted which is why I speculated in a separate post that maybe the courthouse was about Rene getting his daughter back.  

As for the arrest, the twitter user said she only saw the last 30 minutes of shooting. CG didn't say he stayed until they finished shooting.

Ultimately all I was saying is I think it's too soon to rule anything out.  We may discover that GA is outed in the premier and some Russian mafia guy tries to take Oliver out in 6.07 and gets arrested.  It could springboard to life is short so what are we waiting for. Cue marriage.  

I hate the idea of marriage because of legal reasons. Cute in S2 but not in S6 when they've been through so much together.  

@BkWurm1 As for how spousal privilege works in reality vs possibly in show see business & legal. :)

26 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I hope it's about her company. That interview got shut down pretty quick after he joins them. I wonder if Oliver tried to hurry off the reporter so he could tell Felicity about a new "problem", i.e. someone getting arrested.

From what I saw it looked like Oliver was getting arrested. It was hard to see because we were across the street (with cars going by) and they put up light blocker sheet things which made it dark, but it looked like it was Oliver... It all took place at the "farmer's market" scene outside of the police station. Felicity and William were both in the scene where the person gets arrested though-- they were standing up on a platform possibly? 

For the interview, they did numerous takes of it but it looks like Felicity is being interviewed for some time, and then Oliver comes up, they walk away together, and then a cop runs after them and walks/talks with them. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

Soo many pretty pics...I love how happy they look around each other.

So I am guessing Oliver interrupts the interview to tell her an urgent matter.

Nah. Felicity started rumbling about their sex life. That's why she grabbed his ass.

• Love 5