Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, LeighAn said:

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

I am paranoid that Thea is dead, but I just watched it and IMO they didn't look at Willa. 

After watching that video, it's Quentin that I'm back to being worried about.  At the five minute and 57 second mark the interviewer asks if they will see more of the Rene and Quentin dynamic and if you look at the micro expressions on the faces of the rest of the cast when he says "Quentin" everyone but JH either looks down, frowns, twitches or in SA's case, goes beet red.  EBR looks a little upset for a moment or two even when the rest of the cast is laughing about SA saying Rene is dead.  

I could be reading into things or maybe PB's family emergency is more concerning than we know?   

Edited by BkWurm1
32 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I can't link on mobile but they are on YouTube. The whedonopolis video Chanel 

EBR and EK's video just went up. I skimmed that too. They don't really answer anything and just kind of joke around. Seriously, if I was a journal I would annoyed that these guys can't tease anything.

Thanks a lot.

I just hope MG was telling the truth last Spring when he said killing Thea is a line they will never cross.

I think it is. They may write her off, and I think chances are good she may end up in a coma for the beginning of the season to explain WH's reduced episode count. But no, I don't really think the character will die. I'm getting more and more sure that dumb, stupid Samantha will, though, and screw us all over in the process.

• Love 2

Even if Samantha dies they might send Crayola off screen once they're sick of him.

They are writing him like he's a toddler or has developmental delays. He's 11 or 12 right?

They need to watch Fresh Off the Boat to see examples of intelligent children who can carry a storyline. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Even if Samantha dies they might send Crayola off screen once they're sick of him.

They are writing him like he's a toddler or has developmental delays. He's 11 or 12 right?

They need to watch Fresh Off the Boat to see examples of intelligent children who can carry a storyline. 

They need to interact with real children his age before they write another script.  I can no longer blame the kid actor if they want him to play William as if he's in kindergarten.  Most child actors are picked because they can be natural on screen.  How can he act naturally if nothing they write for William is natural behavior for a preteen?    

• Love 3
(edited)

Agree with you and I'm wondering if that's why his acting appears awful @BkWurm1

If he's told to act 2 (I hung out with a bunch of exuberant 4yos today and they were smarter and more verbally advanced than Crayola) then no matter who they cast it's going to look weird!

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1
(edited)

I already can't stand baby mama but if her stupidity gets Thea killed.......???

10 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

They need to interact with real children his age before they write another script.  I can no longer blame the kid actor if they want him to play William as if he's in kindergarten.  Most child actors are picked because they can be natural on screen.  How can he act naturally if nothing they write for William is natural behavior for a preteen?    

It's also ridiculous because he apparently developed a deep voice over the summer..I couldn't pretend the character is a young child if I tried..

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 3
(edited)

oh, they'll definitely send him off when they get bored of him, either his mother gets better or they send him to offscreenville with Raisa or abother family(ish) member. But I agree that they should remember he's now 11-ish maybe 12 not 3.

Thea I really don't know what is going on. It does sound like the reduced episode count rumours might have been correct. I still think her unsuiting up was at least partly because they had so many newbies they wanted to show case, I hope she's okay. Similarly with PB I hope whatever happened works itself out.

Edited by Featherhat
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I still want to know what the deal is behind Thea's reduced screen time.

Did WH ask for it or are they trying to get rid of her?

MG implied it had to do with her but Willa said it wasn't up to her so it's everyone's guess..

(edited)

Slade leaving everyone to save himself seems out of character to me, in terms with how he was portrayed in the last episode anyway... But considering we see Oliver and Slade shake hands in a hospital later i guess he had a change of heart?

Not looking forward to William acting like a brat.

Also... 0 arrows shot in this trailer.. It's starting to become a theme now lol.

Edited by DeadZeus
  • Love 1
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I still want to know what the deal is behind Thea's reduced screen time.

Did WH ask for it or are they trying to get rid of her?

Well rumour mill is that her reduced time is due to bad on set behaviour but I don't know that there's a concrete (not spin) and correct reason why or they will ever publicly give us one. Much like we will never know the not spin reason why the killed Katies character said it was permanent and they'd miss her only to have her brought back two seasons later *shrug*

Some David/Diggle spoilers in this thread. I'm not sure how Diggle having PSTD and being "broken" and struggling to cope fits with Diggle being Green Arrow unless they are doing a season 1 role reversal with he and Oliver?

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Chaser said:

KC's interview had some WTF moments. Apparently she pitched the whole BS goes back in time and meets Laurel to MG. She also created her own backstory for BS. I'll recap: She watchedr her father  be burned to death when she was 14. She went after the killers and it turned her into a villain .

Wait, did KC say that BS become a villain when she was a teenager in her own backstory? (Please don't let this be BS' actual backstory.)

4 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I already can't stand baby mama but if her stupidity gets Thea killed.......???

Right? Maybe we get a "presumed dead but really alive" storyline for Thea? Since MG has said he'll never kill her off. 

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they portray Samantha running off as "oh, look she's such a good mother, never mind she's putting others in danger simply because she's the mother of Oliver's kid." 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they portray Samantha running off as "oh, look she's such a good mother, never mind she's putting others in danger simply because she's the mother of Oliver's kid." 

Or that the kid isn't even where she's running to?

Having Samantha pull inane crap makes me think William's level of maturity, let's say, is all her fault and none of Oliver's genes. So there is that. Oliver's off the hook in my eyes for that part at least.

• Love 3

So, will William move in with Raisa? Because as much as I don't care anymore, I don't want to see Oliver as a dad every single episode dealing with his son's trauma. As an actual parent your kid's well-being is the most important thing but I don't want to see it on a show like this. It isn't Parenthood. 

Also doesn't BS already have a backstory?

I have the feeling that his mom will die, Thea will be badly hurt and William will drift in and out of episodes form here on out. 

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

That makes it sound like she's gone, or at least has a separate storyline.  I wonder what's going on there.  I can't imagine them killing her off after what MG said, but....it does sound a little weird.

The question was who do you want more scenes with future or wanted more in the past. She mentioned Felicity than EK then DR, then said she missed being down in the bunker working with everyone.

I think she was referring to her S5 storyline.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The question was who do you want more scenes with future or wanted more in the past. She mentioned Felicity than EK then DR, then said she missed being down in the bunker working with everyone.

I think she was referring to her S5 storyline.

Ah ok, that makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification.

8 minutes ago, Belinea said:

So, will William move in with Raisa? Because as much as I don't care anymore, I don't want to see Oliver as a dad every single episode dealing with his son's trauma. As an actual parent your kid's well-being is the most important thing but I don't want to see it on a show like this. It isn't Parenthood. 

I have the feeling that his mom will die, Thea will be badly hurt and William will drift in and out of episodes form here on out. 

I think she might move in to help Oliver..like it was for him when he was a kid..still it's so unnecessary..they could have his mom take care of him most of the times and also I don't see the point of doing a dad SL and getting a nanny to watch him most times. At that point let his mom live or get her parents or someone from her family to help so that kid can have one familiar face around..

• Love 2

I think they need William around so SA can act out his father son storyline. But they need Raisa to explain why he's conveniently got a babysitter when Oliver needs to attend to other plots.

I suspect William is around to cause trouble for the Olicity plot too.

When they decide he's no fun anymore as a plot point they may ship him to other relos.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Belinea said:

There's conflicting info. KC implied at HVFF London that its very similar to Laurel's.

5x10 implied there was some differences (in regard to Sara esp).

KC either hasn't been told anything (which is my guess) or she has and is just ignoring it for her backstory.

SA was asked about BS in one of his interviews and he said they haven't had a scene and he doesn't know what they are going with BS.

I really think its incredibly stupid to give Oliver a kid to raise even for if its just for a while or they get a nanny to keep him offscreen.If they kill off Samantha its a huge thing because it's basically Oliver with a traumatized kid who has valid reasons to blame him tbh.But they'll never actually have time to explore that kind storyline anyway because its a superhero show with way too many regulars where Oliver alone has a superhero and mayor plot that doesn't include William plus like 15mins of stunts and action every episode.So I'll never get why they're going with this when they can't do it justice instead of just keeping the kid with his mother and Oliver visiting so SA can get his dad son scenes.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I think they need William around so SA can act out his father son storyline. But they need Raisa to explain why he's conveniently got a babysitter when Oliver needs to attend to other plots.

I suspect William is around to cause trouble for the Olicity plot too.

When they decide he's no fun anymore as a plot point they may ship him to other relos.

Doubtful.

https://twitter.com/starlingcityj/status/889103295670878208

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Oh I don't mean massive relationship trouble (I do think they are past that) but probably stuff like missed dates or can't have a sleepover because he's around. I should have said Olicity hijinks instead of trouble. 

Until they want to to let Olicity have a sleepover and the wedding. Then he'll move in with relos or the nanny will watch him.

I think having William there will stall them at the beginning, which makes sense, Oliver needs to adjust to a new role and if his mom dies they can't exactly go "yay, wedding! Let's plan a party!" too soon, but other than that I don't expect problems..

• Love 2

It could also be a nice lead in to Olicitots if they ever want to go there.

Oliver has issues with William blah blah, Oliver and Felicity bond late s6 or early s7 about how they can have an Olicitot and it'll be different this time and I'll lose my sh#t because I'll get what I want. And @leopardprint will thumb her nose at me because she doesn't want Olicitots =P

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Oh I don't mean massive relationship trouble (I do think they are past that) but probably stuff like missed dates or can't have a sleepover because he's around. I should have said Olicity hijinks instead of trouble. 

Stephen said in an interview with Seat42F yesterday that William is a "thing" in a "good way" with regards to Oliver and Felicity - so I suspect they are either in a good place and are taking it super slow because Myson has a lot of issues at the moment, or they're in a good place and they're handling those issues together, but it's put a little bit of a stall on moving their relationship forward.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Did anyone at SDCC confirm that Willa will only be in 14 episodes this season?  Just curious if this is spec or fact.

I haven't seen anything about her episode count this season. 

39 minutes ago, Chaser said:

SA was asked about BS in one of his interviews and he said they haven't had a scene and he doesn't know what they are going with BS.

LOL I love how Stephen just avoids commenting every time he can. I'm surprised he hasn't commented BS's costume yet.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm pretty sure Samantha is gonna die. But if they're gonna send William offscreen and bring in Raisa to look after him (I'm assuming), why didn't they just keep Samantha alive and he can go be at his mom's? Oliver could still be a father and have father/son scenes and they could still show him struggling and not be very good at it. IDK, it's just making me think William won't be getting sent offscreen like Diggle's kid and is actually gonna be a massive part of the season, and I couldn't possible want anything less. Haha.

4 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I'm not sure how Diggle having PSTD and being "broken" and struggling to cope fits with Diggle being Green Arrow unless they are doing a season 1 role reversal with he and Oliver?

Maybe he hides it? And when he pretends to be GA, his anger or whatever gets unleashed and he does some questionable things, leading to a fall out with Oliver?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 4

There's less angst if Samantha is fine and Crayola goes back to live with her. 

They might need the Samantha actress everytime Oliver has access to the son as well. 

This is more convenient for them to do whatever plot they like and then send him off to relos or pretend he's with Raisa later on.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm pretty sure Samantha is gonna die. But if they're gonna send William offscreen and bring in Raisa to look after him (I'm assuming), why didn't they just keep Samantha alive and he can go be at his mom's? Oliver could still be a father and have father/son scenes and they could still show him struggling and not be very good at it. IDK, it's just making me think William won't be getting sent offscreen like Diggle's kid and is actually gonna be a massive part of the season, and I couldn't possible want anything less. Haha.

My hope is that Samantha is just in a long ass coma. That way, they don't have to feel the need to commit to a single dad Oliver for the rest of the series, especially if Arrow goes on for multiple seasons, and they have an out if the William storyline doesn't garner the reviews that they are so desperately desiring. They can basically do a test run with Oliver/William scenes for a few episodes and hopefully get it out of their system. But I figure Raisa coming back (dead Samantha or not) is to have an explanation as to where William is when he's not on screen. So if they kill off Samantha, at least they can ship William off with Raisa for the rest of the series, so we don't have to have a moody kid hanging around. 

I also think the issue is that if Samantha did live, there's no way in hell that she'd let Oliver take care of William, so the show wants to have Dad Oliver. I honestly feel like they won't commit to the whole season with this. There's no way William gets a big part for the entire season. They'll get bored of it or have other things to worry about and William will only be used as a plot device. So basically, I expect his screen time to dissipate over time. I bet by the mid season, he only shows up when it's convenient to the plot. Oliver has his mayor stuff, his vigilante stuff, and his Felicity stuff to do on top of taking care of William, so they can't really do it all in a fair and balanced way.

• Love 7

Good news! Michael Emmerson is amazing and will be great in any part they give him! Also, Anatoli comes back! I hope he and Oliver make up soon, they're break up made me feel all kinds of feels. And laughter at how lame by comparison is "break up" with Susan was. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Maybe he hides it? And when he pretends to be GA, his anger or whatever gets unleashed and he does some questionable things, leading to a fall out with Oliver?

That's what I'm thinking, along with one of the questionable things being connected to setting the Richard Dragon plot point into action. Like, Oliver's secret identity is in trouble, so they have Diggle be the GA again but this time Diggle's PTSD is troubling him and he won't share anything about it, leading to something bad going down that has emotional and plot consequences. 

• Love 4
(edited)
21 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

I think at a con before the final episodes of season 4 Charlotte Ross said they're getting back together and DR said they weren't.I remember because I chose to believe CR lol

From my personal S4 spoiler archives...

-- The romantic situation between Oliver & Felicity will not be resolved right away.  WM: "Felicity does come to see her own role in the breakup and that she can't put it all on Oliver... We felt compelled not to wrap that story up with a bow."  (TV Guide's Finale Preview article, page 35 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per CR (at City of Heroes 2 on May 13), Oliver & Felicity are back together by the end of S4. (Ruth*atCOH2*@ruthytje tweet, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per DR (at City of Heroes 2 on May 14), Oliver & Felicity's status is more ambiguous; they're in a better place but not back together by the end of S4. (Morrigan2575 post, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per DR (at City of Heroes 2 on May 14), at the end of this season you can't really tell where Olicity is at. (kalichica12 tweet, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per DR (at City of Heroes 2 on May 14), there is hope but don't expect an Olicity wedding at the start of S5. (orchidd_111 tweet, page 1046 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- On Olicity in the season finale, DR: "Will there be a wedding? No. Will they make up? hmmm. ... You'll see movement in the right direction, but you won't get everything you want."  (MIrror.co.uk article, page 37 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per EBR (at City of Heroes 2 on May 14), Felicity has a number of questions before her, and a number of options: either she can accept that she will always be asking certain questions when it comes to Oliver (i.e. “can she trust him?”) or she can answer those questions in some form. She indicated that it may take a while for Felicity to answer these questions, but that she will. She also said that, in her opinion, Felicity will eventually forgive Oliver, because she cannot lose the connection she has with him, she cannot let go of that kind of love. However, the “when” is definitely a question mark, and there is no guarantee that it will be by season’s end. (Ah-maa-zing tumblr post, page 398 of Social Media thread)

FYI - Michael Emerson's twitter account...
https://twitter.com/MichaelEmerson
http://michaelemerson.tv/

Edited by tv echo

Did we hear anything about Felicity's individual storyline? I know there are hints that Michael Emerson is Cayden James (no certainty yet though) so that means she'll be involved with that but fans sent tons of questions everywhere about Smoak Tech and I've not heard a single thing about it. *Humph*

Bad news! William is still being written as a particularly slow toddler instead of a ten year old. Have the writers just never met a child before? Of course, when he has a Titan of Intellect like Samantha (I'm off to run into explosives to find my son who I know isn't there!) as a mom, I guess that was to be expected. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Did we hear about anyone having a individual SL outside Oliver.

IDK. That's partly what I'm asking? But Felicity is my main fave so I'm gonna ask about her first. 

This is why that cliffhanger was a mistake. Acting like everyone is dead is just boring.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Bad news! William is still being written as a particularly slow toddler instead of a ten year old. Have the writers just never met a child before? Of course, when he has a Titan of Intellect like Samantha (I'm off to run into explosives to find my son who I know isn't there!) as a mom, I guess that was to be expected. 

Is this based purely off the trailer or something else?  I ask because what I saw from William in the trailer seemed fairly age appropriate, such as it was. He had, like, one and a half lines. I have two eleven year old nieces, and I would not be concerned about their development if I saw them act and say the same things that William did in that trailer. 

Diggle. DR wasn't pretending anything (wish others had followed suit).

Nothing we didn't already know about DD/BS - they're alive, they scream at each other. Smh. Seriously weird trailer. 

• Love 1

Yeah this was a super weird trailer. I guess they don't want to give too many spoilers away, but it meant we got basically nothing except people yelling, and stuff that happened last season. 

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

There's conflicting info. KC implied at HVFF London that its very similar to Laurel's.

5x10 implied there was some differences (in regard to Sara esp).

KC either hasn't been told anything (which is my guess) or she has and is just ignoring it for her backstory.

She said that it is just her own backstory and that they could write it completely opposite with Quentin alive and them being happy together. 

@Hiveminder It was both based on the trailer and how they've written William in the past. He comes off as more of a plot device than an actual character, so he still comes off as a toddler to me than as a kid about 10 or 11. I don't think he's actually special needs or anything, I just think he's badly written. 

• Love 5