Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

If Barry and Felicity kiss a few episodes down the road, I think that's understandable.  Barry woke up from a coma and found out his longstanding crush, Iris, is dating the new cop (see Flash premiere).  Felicity was all hopeful about starting a relationship with her longstanding crush, Oliver, and he just rejected her.  It makes sense that the two of them might see if there were any sparks.  My guess is that they'll kiss and realize it isn't enough to replace the people they really love.

• Love 2

in responds to:

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/16022-s03e01-the-calm/page-5#entry451438

Is it possible that Felicity Smoak history, her origins concerns Waller and ARGUS or HIVE without her even knowing it?
is it possible that while in college she somehow helped a stranded Oliver.

I mean, if during his time as Waller puppy he went on missions he probably needed a "eye in the sky" person. it is possible that at the time that person was Felicity without neither of them realizing it, at least not Oliver until he came back and was able to piece the pieces.

- maybe Waller didn't have that team of tech people we saw in S02 yet.

Anyway before he met her in 103 he viewed everyone as targets, threats, and probably pawns too, in/for his plan.

i think you may be right. there maybe a pre-show working history we are unaware of.

Edited by foreverevolving

in responds to:

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/16022-s03e01-the-calm/page-5#entry451438

Is it possible that Felicity Smoak history, her origins concerns Waller and ARGUS or HIVE without her even knowing it?

is it possible that while in college she somehow helped a stranded Oliver.

I mean, if during his time as Waller puppy he went on missions he probably needed a "eye in the sky" person. it is possible that at the time that person was Felicity without neither of them realizing it, at least not Oliver until he came back and was able to piece the pieces.

- maybe Waller didn't have that team of tech people we saw in S02 yet.

Anyway before he met her in 103 he viewed everyone as targets, threats, and probably pawns too, in/for his plan.

i think you may be right. there maybe a pre-show working history we are unaware of.

Taking to the speculation without spoilers thread.

• Love 1

Why would they think we'd care to see the flashbacks of a DEAD character? What's the point? We'll see how much Sara had to survive and fight to become the badass she was only so she could be thrown off a roof so Laurel can magically take over. Yeah, that's something to look forward too. 

Agreed. I always wanted to get some LOA backstory for Sara, but now that she's dead, who cares? I guess if they do end up exploring it, they will tell those flashbacks from Nyssa's point of view and maybe use it to emphasize why she turns against her father down the line, but really, you don't need flashbacks for that. A few well-written pieces of dialogue would get that point across well enough...

And wasn't there a rumor that CL filmed something for episode 4? If she's really in that episode, I could see it being a flashback to the last time Nyssa saw Sara before she left for Starling City.

Edited by shadow2008

And wasn't there a rumor that CL filmed something for episode 4? If she's really in that episode, I could see it being a flashback to the last time Nyssa saw Sara before she left for Starling City.

episode 6 not episode 4!! IT's not confirmed she was filming for Arrow, just for something, but it was probably for Arrow. 

episode 6 not episode 4!! IT's not confirmed she was filming for Arrow, just for something, but it was probably for Arrow. 

I remember that rumor, but I wasn't thinking of that one. I was thinking of a tweet around the time of episode 4 filming that said KL and CL left Vancouver together.

So the secret about Sara that Laurel is pondering spilling next week is actually her wondering whether or not she should tell Lance that Sara is really really really 3 arrows dead this time? I know his heart is not the best right now, but seriously? UGH.

Edited by dancingnancy

I remember that rumor, but I wasn't thinking of that one. I was thinking of a tweet around the time of episode 4 filming that said KL and CL left Vancouver together.

well episode 4 is when we get to meet Ra's so my money is on Sara in flashback and Fakanary finally telling Lance sara is truly gone.

I think Komodo was the #1 guess.  But looking at that promo, I don't care who hired him, In fact, there is nothing there that I do care about especially Oliver's manpain and sense of guilt and responsibility yet again and Laurel's frantic cries.  I don't like Ray and at this point, I wish Felicity could find someone without the massive ego. Come back, Barry, come back.

I think they want us to think it was Komodo - it's too obvious.

Also, if there's any version of Laurel I find the least tolerable, it's crying Laurel. And yeah, I'm going to find her revenge arc difficult to buy.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

Watching that new promo all I could think of is how we are going to get thrown every Olicity scene in the episode in this weeks sneak peeks to try to hide how Laurel heavy the episode is going to be. *sigh*

• Love 3

weel I think it's justified that if Sara, her sister dies right infront of Laurel that' she's going to be pissed. 

Also I don't think it's Komodo. Guggenehim said it was a half-season long mytsery. The promos are trying to make us think it's Komodo. 

Edited by ban1o

weel I think it's justified that if Sara, her sister dies right infront of Laurel that' she's going to be pissed. 

Also I don't think it's Komodo. Guggenehim said it was a half-season long mytsery. The promos are trying to make us think it's Komodo. 

I think she's totally justified in being pissed, it's just that unfortunately I'm not interested in watching any of it. I honestly would've been more interested in her arc if she'd taken the first steps toward BC while Sara were still alive. Much as I wouldn't have liked it, it would've felt like the natural progression after the ceremonial handing over of the jacket. Revenge is such a cheap and easy character motivator, and it's one for almost every single character on this show. I just...personally, I don't care.

• Love 8

I think she's totally justified in being pissed, it's just that unfortunately I'm not interested in watching any of it. I honestly would've been more interested in her arc if she'd taken the first steps toward BC while Sara were still alive. Much as I wouldn't have liked it, it would've felt like the natural progression after the ceremonial handing over of the jacket. Revenge is such a cheap and easy character motivator, and it's one for almost every single character on this show. I just...personally, I don't care.

This. Diggle set out to avenge his brother's murder, but that didn't set him down the path of becoming a superhero. And no, the fact that Sara was a superhero isn't sufficient justification for why Laurel's situation is different than Diggle's.

• Love 4

This. Diggle set out to avenge his brother's murder, but that didn't set him down the path of becoming a superhero. And no, the fact that Sara was a superhero isn't sufficient justification for why Laurel's situation is different than Diggle's.

Just wait until de-aged, 'I'm gonna teach her how to fight. And how to love' Ted Grant appears, and makes Laurel and the fans fall for him, and then he gets sacrificed on her altar as well. That woman is verging on having as much blood on her hands as Oliver himself.

• Love 3

Just wait until de-aged, 'I'm gonna teach her how to fight. And how to love' Ted Grant appears, and makes Laurel and the fans fall for him, and then he gets sacrificed on her altar as well. That woman is verging on having as much blood on her hands as Oliver himself.

Except most of Oliver's blood is of people he physically killed!

Thanks for the previews. I see. I remember there were discussions here on when Laurel would have her centric episode since everyone had already been announced to be having one (Diggle in 3.03, Malcolm/Thea in 3.04, Felicity in 3.05, Roy in 3.07). Since it was titled "Sara," most thought it would be about Sara but I guess 3.02 is Laurel's. Well, that settles whether or not I would be watching live or even be excited about the upcoming episode then. As curious as I am about Komodo, this will be one of those episodes I'll be putting off for as long as I can.

Edited by SleepDeprived
  • Love 1

Laurel: "It's not fair. We just got her back!". What the ever loving fuck? Laurel, you had a shit eating grin when she got on the boat back to Hell. You didn't get her back! You don't even know why she came back or for how long she'd stay. Shut.The.Fuck.Up.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 11

Laurel: "It's not fair. We just go her back". What the ever loving fuck? Laurel, you had a shit eating grin when she got on the boat back to Hell. You didn't get her back! You don't even know why she came back or for how long she'd stay. Shut.The.Fuck.Up.

Yeah... that doesn't make sense. "WE JUST GOT HER BACK" Yet you couldn't stop grinning when she was going to LEAVE with the League of Assassins where they do dangerous stuff which could've resulted in Sara's death. 

Wow. Laurel is a little shit. 

• Love 1

My problem isn't that the character of Laurel becomes the Black canary, as in the comic and as part of canon. My problem is Laurel as played by Katie Cassidy! Anyone else at this point would be fine with me. She literally sucks the air out of every scene she's in with everyone, takes me out of the show and irritates me.

So....IMHO viewers of this show are more outraged at this particular iteration of Laurel not the fact that she's going to be BC. Whatever she has on the producers will keep her employed for years to come.

Edited - not even sure if this belong here in spoilers but I figured since we don't know for sure that Laurel will become the FakeCanary, it could go here.

Edited by msani19
  • Love 5

We'll also probably see Felicity and Laurel bond over Sara's dead body. Then not only will Laurel replace Sara as Black Canary, she can replace Sara as Felicity's friend. The EP's are probably slapping each on the back about easy everything will be to make Laurel relevant. They can just switch her into Sara's place. 

We'll also probably see Felicity and Laurel bond over Sara's dead body. Then not only will Laurel replace Sara as Black Canary, she can replace Sara as Felicity's friend. The EP's are probably slapping each on the back about easy everything will be to make Laurel relevant. They can just switch her into Sara's place. 

That is what I fear most. We have seen Felicity crying over the dead body of Sara with arrows sticking out of her body and Roy trying to comfort her. Being the very loving person that she is, she would probably go out of her way to do the same for Laurel and that would suck big time because no matter how good EBR is in her scenes, Katie Cassidy will definitely suck the air out of everything. She is a really bad actress.

• Love 3

So since Sara's dead, I'm guessing those scenes that Caity/Emily/Katie were filming while everyone else  was at comic con were Laurel/Felicity scenes with dead Sara in the background?

Either that, or Emily was filming one thing and KC and CL were off doing sisterly flashbacks that will make me want to vomit.

So since Sara's dead, I'm guessing those scenes that Caity/Emily/Katie were filming while everyone else  was at comic con were Laurel/Felicity scenes with dead Sara in the background?

Yeah, I think that's probably it. I don't think there will be any Sara/Laurel flashbacks next week because this is the episode where Colin Donnell returns as Tommy Merlyn in the Hong Kong storyline.

Yeah, I think that since nothing else worked, they are just going to force her where they  didn't manage to lead her naturally. Imo, Laurel is now more of a vulture than a canary, since she's preying on her sister's dead body.

Another general comment.  I'm glad that the Flash did well, for the people who work on it, but I liked nothing in the pilot (not even Jesse L.Martin, though I'm usually a fan) and I have no intention to ever watch another episode. And yet, they already announced two crossovers in 8 episodes this season. The spoilers make it hard for me to hold on to Arrow.

Laurel: "It's not fair. We just go her back". What the ever loving fuck? Laurel, you had a shit eating grin when she got on the boat back to Hell. You didn't get her back! You don't even know why she came back or for how long she'd stay. Shut.The.Fuck.Up.

Plus, just months ago, you were flinging barware at her. Shut up, Laurel.

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure whatever emotional speech Oliver gives in this episode is gonna be the thing that will bring closure to everyone in their time of grief, and then they'll be back to scenes in sunny daylight super quippy in Corto Maltese.

I'm pretty sure whatever emotional speech Oliver gives in this episode is gonna be the thing that will bring closure to everyone in their time of grief, and then they'll be back to scenes in sunny daylight super quippy in Corto Maltese.

He never said he didn't know how to use a gun!

• Love 2

Description of episode 4:

ARROW
“The Magician”
— (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

NYSSA RETURNS TO STARLING CITY, RA’S AL GHUL MAKES HIS ENTRANCE — A furious Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) confronts Oliver (Stephen Amell) about Sara. When Oliver learns Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) is alive, he suspects Merlyn killed Sara. Oliver and Nyssa join forces and go after the Dark Archer, intent on bringing Sara’s killer to justice. Laurel (Katie Cassidy) keeps her distance from Nyssa, as she blames her sister’s death on her involvement with the League of Assassins. Meanwhile, Oliver and Roy (Colton Haynes) work on repairing their respective relationships with Thea (Willa Holland), who has returned home. Nyssa discusses Oliver with her father, Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable). John Behring directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Marc Guggenheim (#304). Original airdate 10/29/2014.

Source

Characters like Merlyn and Komodo are nothing but fakeouts. It's obvious that Sara was killed by Ra's, IMO.

Edited by strikera0

I'm still confused about how we are supposed to be getting a lighter season. Sara's death was one of the most brutal things I have ever scene on TV. 

maybe the writers were trolling us as well to avoid spoilers lol.

I just spoked consistency: Laurel blames others for her choices and she blames Sara's choices on others too. I'm so bitter.

I should be more excited for this episode, but Laurel and No Felicity are dragging me down.