Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, looptab said:

This episode is also the last one of February sweeps, so my bet is on William being there to prompt the Olicity reunion. #BOOM

Please be useful, William.

I wonder if Arrow's EPs knew about the altered Winter Premiere dates early enough to adjust their sweeps episode? They're returning 2 weeks later than they normally do. I wonder if 13 was planned as a Mid Sweeps episode instead of the ending episode?

Edited by Morrigan2575

Ugh, where is Barry Allen when you need a kid erased? The only time I want William, Samantha or any of that horrible story line brought up is if Oliver actually mans up and apologizes for that whole situation to Felicity. (Never gonna happen, because the writers feel they've settled all that apparently, but a girl can dream).

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Ugh, where is Barry Allen when you need a kid erased? The only time I want William, Samantha or any of that horrible story line brought up is if Oliver actually mans up and apologizes for that whole situation to Felicity. (Never gonna happen, because the writers feel they've settled all that apparently, but a girl can dream).

Yeah, that apology is never going to happen. Oliver can apologize to everyone else (Evelyn, Kara - I'm really happy he apologized to Kara, but not Evelyn, given what we now know), but we're never going to see him apologize to Felicity for last year.

It's why I'm iffy about wanting William back even though there is more story to tell there. If they do it justice, great, bring him back (but not full-time). If they can't do that, let him and his mother be happy wherever they are. (Also, if Prometheus knows about them, great, another person who knows yet Felicity couldn't last year.) 

Just now, Chaser said:

SA said something about flashpoint impacting the beginning and the end of the season. Maybe Kid is flashpoint related.

I was always worried that Barry was going to run back in time to save someone again, and that's how Flashpoint affected things. Again.

27 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Ugh, where is Barry Allen when you need a kid erased up.

Be useful at last, Barry.

Ugh, I never want to see William again. The best thing was to send him away till he's 18 and can suit up.  Least of all do I want Samantha dying to save him (as good as it was in MachaSWicket's zombie fic, but it's a fic) and then Oliver having to take him on and William around interrupting the sexy times in the loft when Oliver and Felicity get back together at the end of the season.

Prometheus started targeting those who Oliver loves in 5x09. I would hope that there would be something else by 5x13.

• Love 2

Also, you have to think of it this way: How smart will they be making Prometheus if he can find Samantha and William since Oliver doesn't know where they are, right? Unless the whole point of the Prometheus arc is to showcase that Oliver's a complete idiot: trusting the wrong people, forgetting to consider that Prometheus might be able to find out about his son, etc. 

• Love 1

@LeighAn hehe surely they can't make a s1 flashback THAT detrimental to Olicity. Unless it's a flashback to how Oliver was contemplating offing Felicity (although wouldn't make sense and just make Oliver look crazy).

505 I was always wary about since all the interviews were so negative. I had thought it would be the equivalent of the Lauriver death of ship episode. 

Unless Oliver is hooking up with reporter and the flashback is meant to appease us. But then we all expect him to hook up with the reporter anyway don't we?

7 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I wonder if Arrow's EPs knew about the altered Winter Premiere dates early enough to adjust their sweeps episode? They're returning 2 weeks later than they normally do. I wonder if 13 was planned as a Mid Sweeps episode instead of the ending episode?

I think so, yeah. Though we really don't know much about what's happening in the next few episodes.

I also wonder if the network  moved back the midseason premiere to accomodate the DC shows because they expected the schedules being messed  up for the crossovers. Are the other shows premiering in February too?

1 hour ago, looptab said:

I also wonder if the network  moved back the midseason premiere to accomodate the DC shows because they expected the schedules being messed  up for the crossovers

I wondered if they added 2 weeks to winter hiatus so they won't have to take a 2-3 week break after sweeps, which really hurt their ratings last year. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

Some nuggets from Davids panel in Brazil:

- Delicity is the voice of reason for Oliver

- Oliver killing again is bad

- after Arrow, fans wanted more of superheroes. So they made Flash, Legends, Supergirl and "he dares says Daredevil and etc"

- "I like the idea that she can be her own person" @david_ramsey about Felicity!

- Diggle doesn't like the new team, because he feels like they aren't trained enough

- About Diggle being a fugitive now, David says that everything is gonna be alright, because Oliver and Felicity are his team

- "The reporter is up to no good, but you guys knew that already"

- He wants to see Bruce Wayne and Oliver Queen on a table doing a face off. Not as Arrow and Batman, but as themselves.

- He said that he would write about Olicity. Stop this will they/won't they thing. And then he said "they should get married already"

- If he could change something about Flashpoint it would be bringing Sara Diggle back

- People have to understand that OTA are the captains *drop the mic

- He was asked which canary he preferred and he's being very diplomatic lol he loves both "caitys, kc's"

Sources: https://twitter.com/bazmoaked 

https://twitter.com/strangerhyenas

https://twitter.com/sheisbrighter_

CywMw9DWQAAlJCk.jpg

• Love 5

If the reporter is really up to no good maybe the final scene of 5.09 is her outing Oliver publicly as either a member of Bratva, Green Arrow, or simply that he wasn't on an island for 5 years.  Any of those would cause him credibility problems as mayor.

• Love 3

On the other hand, the photo of him and PB on the set the other day proves that he's still mayor in 513. Whatever it is, it doesn't stick if it influences his mayoral role in any way.

1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

We had that video echo posted that seemed like Anatoly is in present time. And you could see Oliver, Felicity, Rory, Tina actress

I think that might have just been them using that set for the video? But I do really want to see Anatoly in the present this season. 

• Love 1
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

I think that might have just been them using that set for the video? But I do really want to see Anatoly in the present this season. 

He posted a video from the lair also. Also episode 5x12 is called Bratva. Who is to say they dont show up in present time also.

Isn't there a photo somewhere of Oliver in suit and tie looking beaten and bruised?  The mayor's desk looks like it's riddled with bullet holes in yesterday's pic.  Is it the work of Vigilante, Prometheus, or someone else?  I just remember SA being surprised by something in 5.09.  I think ending on an identity reveal of some sort would be a bigger hook for people to come back after 6 weeks than a BC sighting. It looks like Prometheus agenda and Evelyn's betrayal are all revealed in the episode based on the promo.  I don't think the Prometheus reveal is actually going to be a gotcha moment.  

I'm still partially wondering if 512 might be the main flashback episode (especially if SA said he was shirtless for a scene that didn't involve him fighting or training, which I took to mean him getting the Bratva tattoo, which I would think would only come in the main flashback episode, but it's just a guess), but I am getting the feeling that Bratva stuff might carry over to present day.

For SA being surprised in 509, I'm actually thinking it might have something to do with whatever happens to Evelyn concerning the fact that she doesn't seem to be in any episodes beyond 509 (dying, leaving, whatever). I'm conflicted though on what would be the hook for the episode, since yeah the Prometheus reveal I don't think would be as dramatic or climatic as Malcolm's or Slade's, but I can't think too much of what other kind of hook could happen that takes place in the lair.

When SA is surprised at something in the script, it's usually because he didn't think they would go there that fast.  I tend to think that it's something fighting or violence related because it's took soon for a resolution to Diggle's problem, the three male n00bs are all staying, and they're going to stretch out Olicity being apart until it's a thin as paper. Other than that, I got nothing.

4 hours ago, Sunshine said:

If the reporter is really up to no good maybe the final scene of 5.09 is her outing Oliver publicly as either a member of Bratva, Green Arrow, or simply that he wasn't on an island for 5 years. 

Followed immediately by Prometheus killing her.

5 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Some nuggets from Davids panel in Brazil:

- "I like the idea that she can be her own person" @david_ramsey about Felicity!

- About Diggle being a fugitive now, David says that everything is gonna be alright, because Oliver and Felicity are his team

- (What would he do if he could write Olicity). Stop this will they/won't they thing. And then he said "they should get married already"

- If he could change something about Flashpoint it would be bringing Sara Diggle back

I really like David Ramsey and I think he's awesome to do the panel and the other sessions after his flight was delayed almost five hours. I've always counted on him to be a link between what the EPs are thinking and what fandom thinks.  But some of those answers sound to me more like he's playing to his audience rather than a realistic indication of what the thinking behind the scenes is.  How can Diggle be alright because Oliver and Felicity are his team?  Of course the audience is going to love him saying Oliver and Felicity should get married already.  (I personally think it's too soon after all their problems the past season.)  Would he really want to bring Sara Diggle back, or is he just saying that because he heard how upset the audience was that she was erased?  He seemed fine with trading Sara for JJ at the start of the season.

• Love 4

It doesn't have to be one or the other. At the beginning maybe he hadn't thought through all the implications of Sara being swapped for JJ. After hearing of the fans reactions, and the reasons for that, he may think they have a point, which informs his answers in the present. 

And Diggle (and David) has always been the biggest Olicity fan ever (even bigger than SA) so I'm not surprised at his wanting them to get together. If it helps the ratings, so much the better for everyone. 

I agree that these are pretty low stakes answers for him, as he doesn't have anything to do with the writing or with the acting of the story (re: the Olicity stuff). 

• Love 10

I think there is a bit of playing to the audience. But I do believe he is a genuine fan of OTA and Diggle's individual relationships with Oliver and Felicity. I would say he likes Olicity but I wouldnt put it on the same level as OTA. He knows that a lot of OTA fans are Olicity fans and so he embraces the fandom. 

• Love 9

Okay, David is back on my good list with him mentioning that he wishes Baby!Sara was alive :) and he still ships Olicity and is 100% OTA.   /heart eyes at David right now

1 hour ago, romantic idiot said:

It doesn't have to be one or the other. At the beginning maybe he hadn't thought through all the implications of Sara being swapped for JJ. After hearing of the fans reactions, and the reasons for that, he may think they have a point, which informs his answers in the present. 

I think it also matches how he played John's aghast response in the episode when he learned Barry erased his daughter. I was quite happy to see that it was treated seriously and that John was not happy about it IMO.

• Love 3

Episode 100: I loved seeing katie cassidy in arrow, there was a huge alchemy between laurel and oliver, a romantic and intense alchemy, it is probably the first time I saw this between stephen and katie,she deserves, performance extraordinary

I know that katie is back for now in episode 10, black siren, can't wait

David seems to totally be playing to his audience which is a smart thing to do. I doubt he suddenly cares about bb sara being gone all of a sudden and of course he wants as much screen time as possible so the more OTA the better for him. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

David seems to totally be playing to his audience which is a smart thing to do. I doubt he suddenly cares about bb sara being gone all of a sudden and of course he wants as much screen time as possible so the more OTA the better for him. 

Or... He was just toeing the company line in previous interviews. These actors have been known to be supportive only to show their discontent with that particular story lines later on. 

I guess we'll never know.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Or... He was just toeing the company line in previous interviews. These actors have been known to be supportive only to show their discontent with that particular story lines later on. 

I agree.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

To suddenly change stance after he faced backlash makes him sound fake. Especially so soon. He knows how to make people happy which is a good thing to do.

I don't think it's fake at all considering I remember him being told why replacing Sara was wrong at a con not too long ago. So him changing his rhetoric may not be fake at all. It could just be him correcting his problematic response about being cool with baby John. 

In any case... It seems nowadays people always jump to thinking of the worst in others without any concrete proof. Very sad indeed.

• Love 9
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

He could be an actor who listens and take things to heart but he's always come across as a pleasee to me. He likes to stay in fans good graces and does what's best for him. 

So that automatically makes him fake?

You do understand that people who like to please others can still learn from their mistakes, analyze issues, and realize when something is problematic and change their tune, right? 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

He could be an actor who listens and take things to heart but he's always come across as a pleasee to me. He likes to stay in fans good graces and does what's best for him. 

David said some really lovely things about BC and Katie at the con, even though at previous cons (when she was actually on the show) he was less than complimentary. Do you think that's fake too? 

• Love 1
Just now, lemotomato said:

David said some really lovely things about BC and Katie at the con, even though at previous cons (when she was actually on the show) he was less than complimentary. Do you think that's fake too? 

Obviously since he's a people pleaser. LMAO

Just now, Primal Slayer said:

To an extent yes. He wants to stay in good with the fans so he says what makes them happy. He already got backlash so he is going to change his tune.  He could truly mean it but i don't think he does.

Backlash? All he did was get a few nasty tweets. I'd hardly call that backlash. But OK. I can't really stop you from thinking the worst in him. 

His thought seemed to change with the wind? Oh I thought he was just being fake considering he's a people pleaser... Because obviously people pleasers can't change their opinions/minds...

Edited by wonderwall
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

KP said on twitter that CP was in once in the last week or so. 

Ugh, really? I was really hoping we were getting rid of both DTH and Rayporter for good in 509. It'd be nice to thin the cast a little, especially with the boobs sticking around and Tina on her way. 

• Love 1

Me too. At least she can't be in it much if she has been filming Suits and out of country. I think she might get exposed in 5x09 and take off, returning for for the Bravta episode because of that connection.

Just now, Chaser said:

Me too. At least she can't be in it much if she has been filming Suits and out of country. I think she might get exposed in 5x09 and take off, returning for for the Bravta episode because of that connection.

This is probably best case scenario. I just want Oliver to realize he's being an idiot about her because he looks stupid trusting a reporter. Maybe in 509 when that month is up, she publishes something about him the morning after a date or something, fades into the background and then reappears to again mess with his life with the Bratva episode?

9 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

Ugh, really? I was really hoping we were getting rid of both DTH and Rayporter for good in 509. It'd be nice to thin the cast a little, especially with the boobs sticking around and Tina on her way. 

At least it seems we'll be rid of Mayo after 509? Or has anyone heard anything about TR being around more? That being said, I do wonder how much time will be spent on Mayo in 509 because they've done absolutely nothing thus far to explain anything about his character. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Well don't take this as a way to freak out but Suits is filmed in Toronto Canada so it's slightly easier for her to commute between jobs.

But I'm reserving judgement at this stage. We don't know the context yet-I mean she could just as easily be the bad guy who exposes Olivers Bratva connection as she is the love interest and if she is the love interest she personally preferable to be then Oliver hooking up with Tina metaphorically in Felicitys face and domain.

But mainly I'm partially wary of Ken Pursuit and Canadagraphs spoiled right now as they don't seem to be as in your face and 100% cocky confident this season and I suspect they have lost some of their sources after how much they spoiled the shows biggest plots last year. 

• Love 4