Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The topic here is Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion. It's not how many women Oliver has had sex with or rehashing old beefs about past episodes or discussing relationship dynamics on the show. On top of this, we're seeing the same thing being said over and over and over.

Move on - if you have something NEW to add to the conversation, and more importantly ON TOPIC, please feel free to post it. Repetition will be deleted, as will off-topic posts.

• Love 3

Soooooooooooooooooo... Apparently there's another internet breaking Felicity scene in this weeks episode? It's not really a spoiler but I wanted to post it here because it's funny :p 

BrowningAmber: Will we see much of Felicity? #Arrow

There’s a huge scene coming up in this week’s episode that is legitimately going to break the internet. It involves Felicity…and that’s all we can say. (No, seriously, that’s literally all we can say without spoiling it.) - Source: Eonline

That phrase is getting old lol an Felicity confessing love for Oliver scene would do it but we sadly won't get that. I'm scared of the possibilities. It can't be that horrible line cause we have never seen Felicity say she loves Oliver. I seen someone speculate that she slips and reveals Oliver is the Arrow to Ray

Soooooooooooooooooo... Apparently there's another internet breaking Felicity scene in this weeks episode? It's not really a spoiler but I wanted to post it here because it's funny :p 

BrowningAmber: Will we see much of Felicity? #Arrow

There’s a huge scene coming up in this week’s episode that is legitimately going to break the internet. It involves Felicity…and that’s all we can say. (No, seriously, that’s literally all we can say without spoiling it.) - Source: Eonline

I'm wondering if we got 314 and 315 mixed up with the break the internet Felicity moment. I thought MG had said something pertaining to that for 3.15.

Theorizing on Felicity breaking the internet (I also thought it was supposed to happen in 3.14, but...) - perhaps it's Felicity in the towel (and only in the towel) stepping out of the office shower.

Because whatever Ray does this episode causes half of his office to blow up and she needs to clean up. I now, it's crazy, I jst grabbed the towel spoiler and run with it.

• Love 2

Theorizing on Felicity breaking the internet (I also thought it was supposed to happen in 3.14, but...) - perhaps it's Felicity in the towel (and only in the towel) stepping out of the office shower.

Because whatever Ray does this episode causes half of his office to blow up and she needs to clean up. I now, it's crazy, I jst grabbed the towel spoiler and run with it.

Well considering Ray's lack of personal boundaries, I could totally see him walking in on her in just a towel... Because he would think of nothing wrong with just walking into her personal space.

Although, Ive decided to retreat to my lil imaginary world of happy-esque spoilers in which perhaps we get to see Oliver in a towel again. I dont care how its done. It can be the most illogical scene ever, but I would take it.

Most realistically, I think the towel might involve Thea & LoA drama as the article posted in spoilers mentioned that Thea is dealing with stress these days by showering a lot.

• Love 1

I'm wondering if we got 314 and 315 mixed up with the break the internet Felicity moment. I thought MG had said something pertaining to that for 3.15.

The "break the internet" scene was 3x14, but that doesn't mean he hasn't said something about 3x15- but I just can't remember it right now.

tumblr_nkavemGwU81qf67ndo1_540.png

I'm thinking the towel scene and the break the internet scene will be Felicity...

I now have an image of a fragile internet made of delicate spun glass that we need to put into a cocoon, lest it get smashed with a towel.

But, a towel is just about the most massively useful thing any interstellar Hitchhiker can carry.  It would never smash the internet.

• Love 5
" It’s hard to imagine there was ever a time when I was in love with you.”

Felicity talks to herself all the time. Maybe she says that to herself and the "you" is "Oliver" who is not there. That would get them away with her saying that about him when she's never told him that she loves him.

It would also break the interent.

Then she goes on a date with Ray and the internet gets broken again (with Hulk-like Rage).

But that would mean 2 occasions where Felicity breaks the internet. I think one was supposed to be with the final reveal & cliffhanger.

And then you need to find another reason why Lauriver crash & burn in this episode.

Edited by Velocity23

Felicity talks to herself all the time. Maybe she says that to herself and the "you" is "Oliver" who is not there. That would get them away with her saying that about him when she's never told him that she loves him.

It would also break the interent.

Then she goes on a date with Ray and the internet gets broken again (with Hulk-like Rage).

I really hope not Thats a shitty way to have Felicity to say that she loved Oliver. Plus I don't think she stopped loving him. You can be very pissed at someone like she is and still love them plus if they want to sell Olicity more the love between them should be there

Since Laurel mentioned Thea showering, the towel thing is probably her. Maybe she uses it as a weapon or something?

Laurel also mentioned "hot shirtless actor" in response to a Ray/Felicity question, so it could also be him in the towel

Thanks, it eas getting a bit confusing there.

Yes. It is. See this. We're expanding the scope to include off-topic and unnecessary chatter, as over 300 posts were added in here in less than 30 hours. And not a lot of "new" discussion or information was in those six plus pages.

The next step will be locking the topic for a day or two.

• Love 2

Quentin deserves a storyline not connected to laurel, personally I'm looking forward to seeing his reaction to metahumans, (he better see one there so he can realise how lucky he has it in Starling City with it's run of the mill annual terrorist attacks).

• Love 1

I'm pretty excited about the police department crossovers, and it has me curious as to how they intersect with the Game Changer That Changes The Game. I guess it could be as simple as a villain who Quentin follows to CC and then back to SC, with Joe (and Cisco...for some reason) in tow? Or vice versa?

• Love 1

Oh lord this quote is from a Daid Ramsey interiew 

In tonight’s episode, Diggle and Oliver go to Nanda Parbat to save Malcolm Merlyn – someone Dig isn’t fond of – from Ra’s. How does Diggle reconcile that?

Diggle is a very interesting character because he probably sees all the angles better than any other character. You’re absolutely right. That’s one way Diggle sees it – that this is a horrible man and maybe he deserves everything he’s getting. But at the same time, Oliver’s trying to save his sister Thea and if she loses her biological father and her mother, he sees that as a devastating blow that she can’t recover from and he’s partially responsible for that. Diggle buys into that because he’s always been about Oliver maintaining and developing his humanity. He sees Oliver on the quest to embrace that – he’s trying, he’s fighting.

• Love 1

Oh god. He really is going to try to save her soul. 

This is going to be the absolute stupidest thing they have ever, EVER done. 

He's more worried about Thea's soul than her ACTUAL LIFE? Because giving Malcolm up literally SAVES HER LIFE. But no, he doesn't want her to have Malcolm's death (a mass murderer, BTW) on her conscience, so I guess it would be better if Ra's just came for them all. 

I can't. This just makes me so, so sad.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 15

So Ray is already flying tonight?!!  What the?!

When asked if there would be more moments between Diggle and Felicity, DR said:

Those are nice, aren’t they? The writers have been playing with a lot of different combinations. I have a nice scene with [Katie Cassidy], and there are some nice scenes with Colton [Haynes]. You’ll be seeing more of Diggle and Felicity for sure.

That does not sound like a yes to me.  It reminds me of how MG promised us Thea/Felicity scenes that weren't actually happening.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 4

Oh god. He really is going to try to save her soul. 

This is going to be the absolute stupidest thing they have ever, EVER done. 

He's more worried about Thea's soul than her ACTUAL LIFE? Because giving Malcolm up literally SAVES HER LIFE. But no, he doesn't want her to have Malcolm's death (a mass murderer, BTW) on her conscience, so I guess it would be better if Ra's just came for them all. 

I can't. This just makes me so, so sad.

Agreed and I 'm sorry but I can't buy Diggle being okay with this at all. Like I'm glad Diggle is getting stuff to do in this episode, I just wish it wasn't so stupid. 

Walter really is chopped liver, srsly. This "biological father" thing makes me wanna puke.

This x 1000000. Does Walter not exist anymore? He was a father figure to Thea, much more than Malcolm was.  Are they forgetting Malcolm was the one responsible for Robert's death? I just can't logically understand this story-line. And Thea was the one who turned him in right? It just makes no sense. Maybe there is something I'm missing here. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 8

Well, that video with Ray hanging out with Felicity wearing nothing but a towel is...yeah. He's the one who says that sometimes he forgets they work together. He tells her he trusts her judgment and she replies that he's the only one so...I guess tonight is going to be Oliver/Diggle against Felicity in what is going to be the stupidest argument ever? 

I thought I could be down with watching these arcs play out, but I don't know. He gives me the creeps and everyone's being stupid, and...I just don't know. 

• Love 9

That quote about Diggle/Felicity isn't at all reassuring. Why did he say he has a scene with Laurel, some with Roy, but he was vague about Felicity?

I'm hoping he's just talking about this episode, because if they don't have at least a scene during the wedding episode, that's crazy.

• Love 2

I find it really stupid that Felicity seems all worked up by Ray in a towel since she sees Diggle and Oliver half naked all. the. time.  I'm guessing that she's at his house in that sneak peek, but why does he feel that it's appropriate to walk around in nothing but a towel in front of his employee?  Ugh.

• Love 5

Just post a clip from Arrow's FB page where BR discusses Raylicity. And I thought I would be ok with it... but Im not. I was really looking fwd to this episode. Now Im just hoping that one of the major twists will reverse this bile reaction I get when I think of Ray & Felicity together. Its just becoming annoying that Oliver & Felicitydon't sit down & have an honest conversation about their relationship. If they had that & she still wanted to move on, I could learn to deal. But all of this unnecessary angst, or Felicity believing that Ray is the only one that gets her & listens to her, is just too much to swallow. If you're gonna destroy Olicity whether its long or short term, at least have the decency to have O&F actually talk to each other. In fact, it diminishes Raylicity that Felicity is just jumping into this new thing because she sees it as a way to fix the other thing thats not going well. I just wish they would drop all the romances and focus on the action at this point. Make the ATOM a killer suit, save Thea's soul, defeat the great Ras. But these ridiculous romances to stall ships or fill up time is taking away from what could be awesome action or character scenes.

• Love 4

I find it really stupid that Felicity seems all worked up by Ray in a towel since she sees Diggle and Oliver half naked all. the. time.  I'm guessing that she's at his house in that sneak peek, but why does he feel that it's appropriate to walk around in nothing but a towel in front of his employee?  Ugh.

...because he's Ray Palmer?

• Love 2

That quote about Diggle/Felicity isn't at all reassuring. Why did he say he has a scene with Laurel, some with Roy, but he was vague about Felicity?

I'm hoping he's just talking about this episode, because if they don't have at least a scene during the wedding episode, that's crazy.

I think he probably does have scenes with Felicity, but if I had to guess, original Team Arrow is a thing of the past so he's got to throw Laurel and Roy in there so people don't forget they're in it now.

Granted, it was just a clip and I'm sure they meant to convey it as her being worked up over him, but it came off as awkward and not in a good way. He seemed way into it, and she seemed a little uncomfortable to me. This dude is a walking sexual harassment suit waiting to happen. 

• Love 4

I think he probably does have scenes with Felicity, but if I had to guess, original Team Arrow is a thing of the past so he's got to throw Laurel and Roy in there so people don't forget they're in it now.

Yeah, I think you're right. It was too pointed an observation, not unlike MG's during the hiatus. But that's really the saddest thing.

• Love 2

Granted, it was just a clip and I'm sure they meant to convey it as her being worked up over him, but it came off as awkward and not in a good way. He seemed way into it, and she seemed a little uncomfortable to me. This dude is a walking sexual harassment suit waiting to happen. 

That's my biggest problem. He is HER BOSS. When Felicity became Oliver's EA, they had already been working on Team Arrow for a fair amount of time. Ray has come across as nothing but creepy and incredibly inappropriate in almost every situation with Felicity. He's an H.R. nightmare.  Sure, you can spin it that they're obviously in Ray's apartment and I am assuming she went there willingly, but it's still not right.

The fact of the matter is, Ray is not a viable option. He hasn't been presented as one. He's been presented as "other," but really he's Oliver Queen-lite.  Everyone knows that he's there as a roadblock and it's not even a convincing roadblock. Maybe if they'd brought in someone who wasn't going down that vigilante path, just a nice guy who never pinged her phone or said inappropriate things or went to her apartment unannounced, I could buy Felicity looking for something else. This is a rebound of something that WASN'T EVEN A REAL RELATIONSHIP YET. And it's fucking stupid.

• Love 13

I can sort of see maybe what they are trying with Oliver and Thea.

Oliver has killed people He knows what that did to him. He knows that it stripped a little something from his humanity. He knows what living with killing is like and that he works ever day to get back what he thinks he lost by killing.

I think that is what they mean by saving Thea's soul. He doesn't want her to experience anything remotely close to what he's been through. Not even a little. Thea killed sara against Thea's will. She didn't even know she did it. So maybe in Olivers mind Thea has not yet been corrupted like she would if she outright murders or let's her father be murdered even if he has it coming.

Thea said back in seeing red that she was nothing but the daughter of two mass murderers and psychopaths. I think Oliver wants he to not kill so Thea knows she is not doomed by her DNA but by choices.

Ymmv.

ETA: And Oliver said to Thea at the end of s2 that she was the only truly good person in the family and that she was the best of all of them. So now he wants her to remain unscathed in the ways that he is... Scathed.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 8

Ok just want to say Brandoun Routh is really cute but that video is kinda cringey. 

Its a mystery to me that Brandon Routh the actor can come off as so cute and likeable as himself. But the minute he gets in character I find him totally creepy and untrustworthy. Its so bizarre. It happened when he was on Chuck too. You really wanna like the guy, but his characters just give you the heebie-jeebies.

• Love 4

Its a mystery to me that Brandon Routh the actor can come off as so cute and likeable as himself. But the minute he gets in character I find him totally creepy and untrustworthy. Its so bizarre. It happened when he was on Chuck too. You really wanna like the guy, but his characters just give you the heebie-jeebies.

I didn't see Chuck, but I have assumed that Routh is playing it this way for a reason.

Thea said back in seeing red that she was nothing but the daughter of two mass murderers and psychopaths. I think Oliver wants he to not kill so Thea knows she is not doomed by her DNA but by choices.

Ymmv.

My problem is that telling Ra's or Nyssa about Malcolm doesn't really make her responsible for Malcolm's death. And I don't think Oliver should make decisions for her out of "concern". And Malcolm placed her life in danger and if Malcolm being with Ra's saves their lives, I don't see why he would save him. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2

From the clip, it looks like Felicity loses the argument with Oliver and Diggle because she tells Ray "At least someone does". And there he is, telling her how much he needs her and feels for her.

I'm convinced that MG and AK see this as honoring Felicity, but they need to talk to some different romance writers.

Crowd scene. DR is s smart guy and he knows what people want and since we're not going to get it, he doesn't want to lie outright like MG does.

I see what he's trying to do but again, it's Oliver making stupid decisions like he has all season.  He's taking away Thea's agency again and making decisions for her based on how he feels but 1. she didn't go through everything he did and 2. she's the daughter of Moira "do whateven you have to to protect your family" Queen.

• Love 2

I can sort of see maybe what they are trying with Oliver and Thea.

Oliver has killed people He knows what that did to him. He knows that it stripped a little something from his humanity. He knows what living with killing is like and that he works ever day to get back what he thinks he lost by killing.

I think that is what they mean by saving Thea's soul. He doesn't want her to experience anything remotely close to what he's been through. Not even a little. Thea killed sara against Thea's will. She didn't even know she did it. So maybe in Olivers mind Thea has not yet been corrupted like she would if she outright murders or let's her father be murdered even if he has it coming.

Ymmv.

I would completely understand where Oliver was coming from if freeing Malcolm didn't put Thea's actual LIFE in danger. He cares about her soul being clean more than he cares about her being alive to be relieved that Malcolm's blood isn't on her hands (which, I don't think it would be, but for the sake of argument)? Ra's taking Malcolm solves all of their problems, so just...why? 

• Love 2
But at the same time, Oliver’s trying to save his sister Thea and if she loses her biological father and her mother, he sees that as a devastating blow that she can’t recover from and he’s partially responsible for that.

This makes zero sense.  Thea was raised by Robert Queen - you know, the guy that was murdered by Malcolm.  Robert was her father in every real sense of the word.  Then Walter was the father figure who supported her after Robert died.  Malcolm is just a sperm donor.  He's a crap parent plus a mass murderer.  Why would Thea be devastated by Malcolm's death?

Maybe MG doesn't find Ray Palmer creepy because he's judging his behavior by Hollywood standards.

Reading the recent spoilers doesn't make me excited for upcoming episodes.  It just makes me angry at the stupid plot contrivances and OOC writing.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Now, that would be an epic game changer. Felicity reports Ray for sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior, he loses QC, and Felicity's appointed CEO.

Ray walking out in a towel is so gross to me. They haven't earned that relationship. I got the shirtlessness with Oliver because they were in an underground lair dealing with life or death high stakes all the time. And I admit, I just like Oliver more. But this isn't cute no matter how nice BR looks. Yeah, unless everyone says it's a not miss episode or better than we are all thinking, it's best I skip out on this one or only watch certain scenes.

And the longer this rift goes on between Felicity and Oliver, what could possibly happen to bring her back? She's already disillusioned with Oliver though I think she loves him. So if this plan of working with Malcolm, or joining the LOA, or whatever stupid plot point MG wrote happens, why would she ever trust Oliver again? I can't see how they're going to turn around Oliver's defeatist attitude in a handful of episodes, and I don't think they're going to stop crapping on Oliver all the time. It really feels like they are tanking this ship before it ever sailed, and I kind of hate them for that. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 12

I see what he's trying to do but again, it's Oliver making stupid decisions like he has all season.  He's taking away Thea's agency again and making decisions for her based on how he feels but 1. she didn't go through everything he did and 2. she's the daughter of Moira "do whateven you have to to protect your family" Queen.

I don't know that he's taking away her agency per se. He's trying to save her from becoming Moira or Robert or Malcolm or himself. It's not that different than him stopping her from killing Slade.