Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

About the six millions lies of this show, it's true that Laurel seems to be over her crazy revenge phase, but they did find out it was Thea who murdered Sara in the same episode Dinah was all "You make them pay, and you make them suffer", and then there was the Brick crisis. So I'll give them a pass on that. That she never questioned why Oliver went to face Ra's is another story, though. Plot stupidity all the way, no arguing on that.

I'm also very curious of how she'll react when she'll finally know and then know about this new alliance with MM. I'm already rolling my eyes at the thought.

I'm also very curious of how she'll react when she'll finally know and then know about this new alliance with MM. I'm already rolling my eyes at the thought.

How will Laurel react to the Thea and Malcolm revelation? Well, I'm guessing we'll get a repeat of this from Joey Tribbiani's brightest student:

89bJp9I.gif    Kd5oGWk.gif

KC did say, I think, that we'll be surprised and excited at how Laurel handles the Thea news so Laurel might set aside the flaming barwares and end up being benevolent and compassionate towards Thea's situation. I wouldn't be surprised if Laurel might even take it upon herself to protect Thea or something because she's already taken the Canary moniker, look, and voice, why not adopt Sara's "no woman should ever suffer at the hands of men" principle, as well?

• Love 1

People always knock on the writing for Laurel, but IMO, the writing for Thea hasn't been any better. It's been disturbing watching her defend a mass-murdering psychopath and unfortunately, it looks like that idiocy is going to continue for quite a while. And yes, I am aware that Thea doesn't know how badly Malcolm has used her, but that is no excuse because she is aware of most of the other sht he has done.

I think it was the not speaking to her mother for months that was the anomaly actually. Thea's been pretty consistently focused on herself and her needs. She's basically a refugee from the Mystic Falls Gang. Maybe we should just start calling her Elena. 

Lol yeah I have no doubt that Laurel's reaction to the truth about Thea will be the same as the one for the truth about Oliver, both in "shifty-eyes" and in final acceptance and compassion. But what I meant was, how will she react about Oliver working with Malcolm, after she finds out he was behind Sara's death?

I'm not ready to watch that :D

Edited by looptab

Ok, so... anyone else thinks Malcolm takes Oliver and Thea to the Island to face Slade, because he want Oliver to re-learn how to kill again? So he arranges a situation in which Oliver will be forced to kill Slade in order to protect Thea.

[side note: I'm drastically uninterested in how Laurel will react to the Thea news. She can stare blankly, she can hug her blankly, she can emote blankly. I'll still fast forward]

• Love 9

Posted by tv echo (many thanks!) in the Spoiler Only thread yesterday morning, from MG's tumblr:

More bitter pills from MG at http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

-- Asked if he will give us any hint about Olicity in 3x18, MG says: "5 seconds"

Posted this morning in the Spoiler Only thread, from MG's tumblr:

Asked if we will only get 5 seconds of Oliver and Felicity the entire episode in 3x18, MG says: "Um… no.  Where do you get that idea?"

He exhausts me.  It's not even that he doesn't remember he referenced 5 seconds and Olicity the previous day (although, really, ginko biloba, Marc), but that he's so dismissive about it.  Maybe it's all those years of "don't start a sentence with 'Um' from TWoP...

Also, from his reference to 3.14, I agree with those who say Felicity and Oliver are going to somehow interact in the flashback.  That's definitely something I think he would think is the bee's knees.  I'm now kind of dreading it.

• Love 5

He exhausts me.  It's not even that he doesn't remember he referenced 5 seconds and Olicity the previous day (although, really, ginko biloba, Marc), but that he's so dismissive about it.  Maybe it's all those years of "don't start a sentence with 'Um' from TWoP...

I think the 5 seconds is in reference to something other than screen time, like there's a bomb situation and Oliver gets Felicity out of it with 5 seconds to spare or something (or Felicity gets Oliver out of it with 5 seconds to spare). That's why he's being cheeky with the 5 seconds response - because he never said that's how much screen time they'd get.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

I think the 5 seconds is in reference to something other than screen time, like there's a bomb situation and Oliver gets Felicity out of it with 5 seconds to spare or something (or Felicity gets Oliver out of it with 5 seconds to spare). That's why he's being cheeky with the 5 seconds response - because he never said that's how much screen time they'd get.

I'd like for Oliver to save her from a near death experience like that lol cue the looks of longing from each other maybe a kiss

I agree with those who say Felicity and Oliver are going to somehow interact in the flashback.

And it conveniently moves the Olicity story forward not at all, which was his only goal for S3.

• Love 4

Right, it could be anything (and ohh, a bomb is a really good thought, btw!), but to me it was a valid interpretation of the very little info he's parsing out and he's reacting to the person like he literally has no idea where they could ever have gotten that idea.  And it was something he said just 24 hours prior.  If he was aiming for cheeky or coy, imo, he missed the mark.  He just came across as completely clueless to me.  Not sure why it bugged me so much.  Maybe it really was just the "Um". :P

• Love 1

The only reason I thought it might be a bomb or something is since someone's getting hospitalized, haha.

Haha yeah I figured that

And it conveniently moves the Olicity story forward not at all, which was his only goal for S3.

Yeah sadly :( except for probably telling us poor olicters "Hey they were destined to meet!! Soulmates!! I'm so Brilliant!!" When really he could've stopped with the angst and gave us happy Olicity Reuinon followed by sexy times then backburned Olicity to focus on Ra's threat

• Love 1

Real talk: is Oliver actually being a near sighted dumbass or is this an Olicity obstacle and plot device for the second half of season 3? Honestly. I'm caught in the middle because I know the writers can sometimes make Oliver an eejit because he needs to be for plot, but these occurrences happen frequently so, is it habitual or plot necessity?

Because I just know if/when it blows up in Oliver's face he'll be even more hurt and have to suffer man pain. Losing Felicity to RoboCop, and what else? Pain comes in twos for Mr Queen.

• Love 2

The thing it will probably blow up in his face but I think he will only lose Felicity temporarily not permanently. There is no way Ray would(God forbid) be a permanent replacement for Oliver. Unless The People running the show are morons and work to Destroy what has been the best romantic relationship on the show

prem

Real talk: is Oliver actually being a near sighted dumbass or is this an Olicity obstacle and plot device for the second half of season 3? Honestly. I'm caught in the middle because I know the writers can sometimes make Oliver an eejit because he needs to be for plot, but these occurrences happen frequently so, is it habitual or plot necessity?

I think Oliver is being a near-sighted dumbass, but I don't think the Malcolm team-up is just to delay Olicity. That's a repercussion, sure, but it's a lazy way of ultimately get Thea more involved in the Ra's plot to give Oliver a motivation to do any of this at all, among other things that I'm sure we haven't found out about yet. Now that Ra's has almost killed Oliver and will eventually be after his sister, why would Oliver ever willingly interact with Ra's again? Well, let's have him capture Malcolm and have Oliver at least consider going to Nanda Parbat to rescue his evil ass. Yeah, the plot is stupid and makes no sense, but it's not just an Olicity obstacle, of that I'm sure. 

Oliver's habitually a dumbass for plot reasons, but it seems to frequently serve many plots, not just one.

• Love 3

Sigh. Her shoe game though.

Oh whoops, in my post I said just Olicity obstacle but I meant to add (more explicitly) that Oliver's idiocy will further the plot (including Ra's and Merlyn). Is it because he's an idiot or because he needs to be?

I think that's the most poofy I've seen Felicity's hair.

Edited by Limbo

Sigh. Her shoe game though.

Oh whoops, in my post I said just Olicity obstacle but I meant to add (more explicitly) that Oliver's idiocy will further the plot (including Ra's and Merlyn). Is it because he's an idiot or because he needs to be?

It could go either way. I mean, he definitely needs to be an idiot for this plot to work, but I can't tell if him being an idiot is in character in this instance. He reacts rather than thinks when the lives of the people he loves are in danger, so I think it's both in character and not. I fully believe he'd make some dumbass alliance to keep Thea safe, but after knowing all Malcolm has done it seems ridiculous to me that he really wouldn't try to get her away from him somehow, or at least open her eyes to what he's been doing to her - I mean, it is in character for him to keep secrets in the name of "protection," but to let her live with a man who drugged and manipulated her? Nah, son. I get that we're supposed to believe Oliver has some twisted guilt inside him for Thea losing her father and losing Moira and so (conveniently forgetting Walter) Malcolm is all she has left of her parentage biologically speaking, but he was never a father to her, is manipulative and dangerous and crazy, so...yeah, I can't believe Oliver would put her wants above her safety, especially when he's going so far to ensure her safety. It's all stupid.

• Love 1

I think it might be some sort of meeting between Barry, Felicity and Ray and then they bump into Iris and Eddie there. There were pictures of Barry coming out of the car with Felicity and Ray. I don't think it's a double date. 

• Love 1

From the pics in the linked spoiler article, Felicity is wearing red on that Flash double date (and what's with her corporate hairstyle?)...

danielle-panabaker-puppy-emily-bett-dres

She's wearing Red too :( this is probably not a real double date or the writers saying red is not exclusive to Olicity or its hey look ATOM has red in the suit let's have his girl Wear it too heehee we are so clever!

• Love 1

I think Oliver has the idea that he doesn't have many choices. He may be a dumbass in that he can't see any other way right now but that doesn't mean he IS a dumbass. He just hasn't figured out another way, yet.

Setting up the Olicity split, puts Laurel next to Oliver which is IMO why they did it.  They want to tease Lauriver because they think it's "romantic" or some such shit and it delays Olicity.  I am betting over 9000 internet dollars that Laurel and Oliver sleep together again because reasons.   I think they are just that stupid.  

• Love 2

I'm not so sure, I feel it is not to set up or tease Lauriver, I think once Canaries is finished, we will be done with the Laurel propping portion of the season and we will move fully into the Ray propping part.

He has 10 episodes left unless we count the Flash crossover (I think Well's shadiness will be found out this season and they will need another rich Tech genius to bankroll Team Flash), then it's 9. 

Edited by Genki
  • Love 1

Either way it makes me sick they shouldnt dumb down characters to prop up unlikable characters. Making Felicity like her stalker is gross sideling Diggle to prop up Laurel fighting is appalling . But MG thinks Ray/Felicity have chemistry and that Ray isn't creepy plus loves Laurel and that's all that matters.

Edited by jay741982

I don't trust the writers, but I do trust SA, and he's been pretty definite that his relationship with Laurel is a thing of the past. Even KC has finally dropped the "soulmates" position she was holding onto even through the end of last season. That tells me Lauriver is completely dead, at least for this season. They might do a lot of really stupid things, but I don't think that will be one of them.

• Love 7

Regarding MG's tweet about the feeling about the back half of the season being "I can't believe we're doing this," Oliver's joining the League, right? And in the finale we'll get some "Unthinkable" style flashback that shows Oliver's either in cahoots with Ra's to take down Malcolm? I'd say in cahoots with Malcolm to take down Ra's, but that seems too obvious. So...could be it, but is the fact that Malcolm's bugged the foundry going to come back? I can see Oliver using that as a tool to fool Malcolm (like he did Slade), but then that would mean that either Felicity and Diggle and the rest aren't in on it and they're being tricked for the back half of the season to lull Malcolm into a sense of comfort knowing what's going on, and thus Oliver lies to everyone for the next handful of episodes, or we're being tricked and they're all in on it. I don't like either scenario for a multitude of reasons. Maybe the spying was a one-time thing that will never be brought up ever again.

Using Ra's to defeat Malcolm would leave Ra's intact to be a villain further down the road. Unless Oliver infiltrates the LoA and takes them down with Maseo's help at which point Oliver disbands the League, and...someone reforms it and comes back for revenge further down the line? I don't even know. Throwing spaghetti against the wall here. 

• Love 1

SA is probably being truthful about no more Lauriver as in a relationship from Ollie's perspective, but that doesn't preclude them from having them sleep together again because stupidity.

I think it does. SA seems to have rather strong feelings on the subject of Oliver sleeping around. I don't think he'd make the kind of statements he's made, even as recently as the TCAs, if there was any chance. And given Oliver and Laurel's history, they could never just have a casual hookup.

Now, yes, future seasons? Not ruling anything out. But not this season. I just don't see it.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 7

I'm a bit scared that with the Lazarus Pit in play, they're going to kill Oliver for realsies later on and use the stupid pit to bring him back to life.  Do we know what episode the pit is supposed to show up in?

Edited by SonofaBiscuit

I'm a bit scared that with the Lazarus Pit in play, they're going to kill Oliver for realsies later on and use the stupid pit to bring him back to life.  Do we know what episode the pit is supposed to show up in?

I think it has already showed up. Isn't that what Ra's was stepping out of when we first saw him in The Magician?

I think it has already showed up. Isn't that what Ra's was stepping out of when we first saw him in The Magician?

Yeah, that was a Lazarus Pit, I think.  But didn't we get a spoiler that it was going to be used later on this season or something like that?  Maybe I'm making that up...it's very possible.

I want Diggle to have a Captain Picard speech if he starts taking about joining Ra's:

"The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!"

He also has a good one that reminds me of the whole Malcolm Redemption BS: "Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged."

I don't buy the no endgame comment from MG. They have been too heavy handed this season with Oliver and Felicity. Not even a bone for Oliver and Laurel. Anything can happen of course.

• Love 3

Yeah, that was a Lazarus Pit, I think.  But didn't we get a spoiler that it was going to be used later on this season or something like that?  Maybe I'm making that up...it's very possible.

No, nothing like that that I've seen. Just that it exists and there's a set, but it wouldn't be used for Oliver. They never specifically said it wouldn't be used for anyone else though. 

Regarding MG's tweet about the feeling about the back half of the season being "I can't believe we're doing this," Oliver's joining the League, right? And in the finale we'll get some "Unthinkable" style flashback that shows Oliver's either in cahoots with Ra's to take down Malcolm? I'd say in cahoots with Malcolm to take down Ra's, but that seems too obvious. So...could be it, but is the fact that Malcolm's bugged the foundry going to come back? I can see Oliver using that as a tool to fool Malcolm (like he did Slade), but then that would mean that either Felicity and Diggle and the rest aren't in on it and they're being tricked for the back half of the season to lull Malcolm into a sense of comfort knowing what's going on, and thus Oliver lies to everyone for the next handful of episodes, or we're being tricked and they're all in on it. I don't like either scenario for a multitude of reasons. Maybe the spying was a one-time thing that will never be brought up ever again.

Using Ra's to defeat Malcolm would leave Ra's intact to be a villain further down the road. Unless Oliver infiltrates the LoA and takes them down with Maseo's help at which point Oliver disbands the League, and...someone reforms it and comes back for revenge further down the line? I don't even know. Throwing spaghetti against the wall here. 

I like this line of thinking, because I've been sort of wondering about the scope of things here. The LoA is such a huge force--like ARGUS, in a way--that Oliver making it HIS personal mission to take Ra's and by extension the LoA down seems a little bigger than necessary. Malcolm seems like about the right size for him/the team this season. Also, defeating Malcolm matters personally to more castmembers than defeating Ra's does. Thea deserves to battle him, even dumb ol' Laurel deserves to get a few punches in. Plus, you know, Zombie Tommy.

Even if we're doing this whole "it's our mission too!" thing, these are all still baby vigilantes. They should not be able to take on the League of Assassins. Anyway, so to me it seems too early to really defeat Ra's this season. Once the show is renamed to accommodate all the superheroes, and they're all experienced and capable, then take on Ra's.

But the show doesn't like to hold back on story, so it's probably more straightforward than I'd like to believe--with Ra's as the Big Bad, and Malcolm as the Lesser Bad in the vein of Sebastian Blood/Isabel Rochev.

• Love 1

I'm torn on whether or not they are doing a redemption arc for Malcolm. One hand, they were really pushing it tonight with the flashbacks and Roy/Thea and Oliver teaming up with him. But on the other hand:

The EPs call Felicity the moral center of the show, Felicity is tied to Oliver's humanity and Most Importantly: Diggle sided with Felicity against Malcolm. You don't go against Diggle. He is law.

If the do it, I hope they do it in the vein of Alias. Where Sloan after killing hundreds of people on his journey towards enlightenment & for revenge too, decides to become "good" even gets a pardon & starts working for the CIA again. The public & many of the characters buy it, but Sydney the main character (as well as most of the audience I assume) does not buy it. So we're constantly looking for him to betray his true self. Sloane did do some good things on his redemption arc. But deep down, you knew there was no way he had completely changed, it was always about him & his quest. The writers made it hard sometimes to hold onto that belief. Because they were so good at polishing his character in redemption, but in the end it made for more sophisticated story telling & character growth. It made for some amazing stories, some duds too. They even brought in a sympathetic voice by having his long lost daughter (syd's half sister) on the show. So Sydney was torn between trust, love, history & the reality of who Sloane was, is or who he was becoming. Its hard to hate and be against someone, when your sister whom you love is trying to so hard to make you see the good in him. It put strains on relationships that were realistic and justifiable, but also able to be overcome. There also was a character Dixon, that was reminds me a lot of Diggle. Dixon believed in justice and in the mission, he very much believed in truth & what is morally right. Everything that Sloane had done before had betrayed that, but everything he was currently doing was helping the mission, so it made for come conflicts. It brought up some interesting character dynamics in that they all had to work as a team, and yet did not trust Sloane but had to for the sake of the mission & to save lives, not just their own. The actor (Ron Rifkin) also was able to nail every nuance that made you trust & distrust, hate & love Sloane all at the same time. I think JB has this potential & could make those scenes amazing. I also think ERB has the potential to walk a similar line that Sydney (Jennifer Garner) did. So I think there is potential in the Redemption arc as long as they lay it with enough doubts & gray areas that make you wonder about MM's true self/mission. I cannot accept that MM is looking soley for redemption or to become completely good. After all he is the Magician, he always has something up his sleeve.

• Love 2

If Oliver joins the LoA, doesn't that leave Starling City undefended?  Or is that going to be the end result of all those new superheroes in SC, when we thought it was Oliver finally going to be able to have a relationship with Felicity?

People always knock on the writing for Laurel, but IMO, the writing for Thea hasn't been any better. It's been disturbing watching her defend a mass-murdering psychopath and unfortunately, it looks like that idiocy is going to continue for quite a while.

Ditto Felicity and the Ray-propping.  Not to mention the line "I don't want to be a woman you love", which EBR totally sold, by the way.

I think a number of the characters get crap writing, the difference is in the quality of the acting. Willa Holland and Emily Bett Rickards can make you believe it up to a certain point untill it gets too much, KC doesn't.

It drives me insane that the entire reasoning behind Thea's storyline seems to be "I really want a daddy". And then I remember she actually had Walter, but the show forgot he existed.

They needed him gone so she could bond to Malcolm  If I were Oliver, I'd be calling Walter to spend some time with Thea so she wouldn't be so obsessed with Malcolm.  And that's not just the Oliver Queen part, it would also be the Arrow past to diffuse the situation.

LMAO, this Ray/Felicity storyline. I'm expecting them to have an heated argument about her concerns and for her to call him Oliver by mistake, at this point. Actually, if she does actually call him Oliver, I would probably forgive everything. 

I'd actually find that more interesting than this crap they're trying to pull. Then Felicity could get a therapist of her own to match Oliver's.

It's the bubble-headed blonde look, which kind of says it all about Raylicity.

EBR's feet must be freezing in those non-shoes given they're all bundled up in coats.

ETA:  in the pictures were her feet aren't in the shot, she's wearing calf-high boots.  It's not easy being an actress.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I think it might be some sort of meeting between Barry, Felicity and Ray and then they bump into Iris and Eddie there. There were pictures of Barry coming out of the car with Felicity and Ray. I don't think it's a double date.

Felicity has her hair like that for a date though she's probably dating Ray sadly or its a first date though why would Barry tag along lol

If Oliver joins the LoA, doesn't that leave Starling City undefended?  Or is that going to be the end result of all those new superheroes in SC, when we thought it was Oliver finally going to be able to have a relationship with Felicity?

Well, Ray will have his suit and Roy's around. Maybe Laurel's still on the streets brandishing her nightstick, or maybe she goes off and joins the LoA. I'm just trying to figure out what's "I can't believe we're doing this" crazy, but given MG as a barometer, who even knows. I figure batshit would be Oliver at least working in tandem with Ra's, or...something. I thought the joining would be relatively soon, not at the end of the season, although that doesn't make sense since it seems that Oliver is still in SC at least through 18. I don't know, but it just seems like batshit would at least be him and Ra's striking some kind of a deal.

Edited by apinknightmare

There's a pic of Karl Yune in front of the pit from January 27th on his Twitter feed. I can't link or embed it because I am incompetent. 

EBR has some Texas hair going on in that pic. But the shoes...the shoes! 

• Love 1

EBR looks incredible apart from that hairstyle. Yikes. Just no. Love her shoes though. And I know there's no credence to that red/blue theory but whenever she wears red I do think of Oliver so...

Have they released promos or sneak peeks for 313 already? Because I've just seen a gif on tumblr of Hallucination!Sara smiling all creepily at Laurel and man, she looks awesome. Whenever I see Sara I just think what could have been...

EBR looks incredible apart from that hairstyle. Yikes. Just no. Love her shoes though. And I know there's no credence to that red/blue theory but whenever she wears red I do think of Oliver so...

Now that the writers are aware of the red/blue theory they are just being trolls about it, 2nd date with Ray in Red.

• Love 1

Her hair is totally Moira. And she was sitting upon her throne in the Lair......sooooo foreshadowing?  The Queen is dead. Long live the Queen: Felicity Smoak-Queen?

Yes! I could dig it! I loved her sitting looking like a BOSS in the lair talking to Merlyn! And I'm biased but she looks Hot in that pic of her and ol creepy lol

There's a pic of Karl Yune in front of the pit from January 27th on his Twitter feed. I can't link or embed it because I am incompetent. 

EBR has some Texas hair going on in that pic. But the shoes...the shoes!

I'm no expert on them but the shoes are kinda sexy lol

Now that the writers are aware of the red/blue theory they are just being trolls about it, 2nd date with Ray in Red.

It's so obvious they are trolling, but MAYBE Barry and Calitin nudge her a little towards Oliver in the Episode. Then Cue Mama Smoak in 318

• Love 1

Oh, I have no doubt they are being giant trolls under their troll-y bridge. But I'll always think of dates with Oliver when she wears red. I'm conditioned now.

The writers have not done any of these characters any favors and these spoiler summaries are showing that.  Thea loving Malcolm is ridiculous.  As it's been pointed out, she refused to talk to her mother for months because of her involvement in the Undertaking (which Moira at least came clean about after Oliver talked to her) but she goes to Malcolm and now loves him.  Someone said it best, maybe if Moira had taught Thea to fight with a sword, Thea might have forgiven her sooner because it's clear that's how she forgives people.  The moment she hooked up with Malcolm is the moment she lost any right to be upset with Oliver's admittedly disgusting lies. 

Oliver helped create this situation with his insulting paternalistic attitude toward his "special snowflake" by "shielding her" from the truth (Joe West is guilty of this too with Iris on The Flash).  Even after Slade Wilson became a factor in his life, Oliver hid the truth from her like a coward.  I think Slade could have gotten to them anyway but they deserved the right to know about it.  But again, Thea lost her right to be angry with Oliver by joining the Malcolm Merlyn Fan Club and Excuse Brigade (now sharing co-presidency of that club with the braindead Roy).  Protecting Malcolm from the start has always been stupid on his part.

I wouldn't be upset with Roy and Felicity dating if it wasn't for the fact that Roy acted like a stalker with Felicity and the writers apparently think that behavior is acceptable and cute.  Brandon Routh has done good work with the role so that's why I don't hate the character.  But putting them together....just no.  And it doesn't help Felicity's character.  This will be her third appearance on The Flash.  The first appearance she's a potential love interest for Barry.  Second appearance a potential love interest for Oliver.  Third time the love interest of Roy.  Shouldn't she be allowed to stand alone as a character (like Vigilante Maker) instead of being the potential girlfriend of three heroes?

I'd like to think Oliver is playing the long game with Malcolm Merlyn but they're not clever enough to do that.

I think I'm looking forward to the Suicide Squad episode with Cupid the most.  At least it gets Diggle back in the field.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 4