Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm taking the vertigo hallucination theory to the next level and speculate that the whole season 3,not just the episode aired untill now, will be just a huge awful drug-induced hallucination. Episode 3x23 will take us back to that hospital corridor, but Oliver will say: screw it,let's go for it. Ish will happen anyway".
...if only.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 6

With the Sara Lives campaign. The last time Laurel was all drugged up and saw hallucinationSara, Sara was actually there. 

Although as a huge Sara fan as most of you know. I don't want her to come back because I just feel the EP's will try to destroy her character to show that Laurel is so much better than her. If she comes back she'll probably be evil and die again, probably actually killed by Laurel this time. Then she can have the pain of killing her sister and add the "Black" to her name because now she's really dark or some BS like that. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

Oh, I imagine Quentin will be furious, even moreso when he finds out not only has Laurel been actively deceiving him about Sara but also lying to him AND going out on the street to fight. Then near the end of the episode he'll see her in action, probably watch her save someone's life. and then basically be cool with it.

• Love 1

I'm taking the vertigo hallucination theory to the next level and speculate that the whole season 3,not just the episode aired untill now, will be just a huge awful drug-induced hallucination. Episode 3x23 will take us back to that hospital corridor, but Oliver will say: screw it,let's go for it. Ish will happen anyway".

...if only.

I've wanted this since Sara died. Or, in the alternative, Oliver borrows wells time travel apparatus and fixes the whole season.

While we are dreaming the impossible, maybe laurel can suffer a psychotic break due to the trauma of keeping her sisters secret, and develop multiple personality disorder. Then she could really be her sister sometimes. It would be less awful if it were involuntary.

• Love 5

With the Sara Lives campaign. The last time Laurel was all drugged up and saw hallucinationSara, Sara was actually there. 

Although as a huge Sara fan as most of you know. I don't want her to come back because I just feel the EP's will try to destroy her character to show that Laurel is so much better than her. If she comes back she'll probably be evil and die again, probably actually killed by Laurel this time. Then she can have the pain of killing her sister and add the "Black" to her name because now she's really dark or some BS like that. 

I was thinking that if she is Lazarus Pitted and for real in Canaries that she'd somehow say goodbye to Quentin and let him know that she couldn't come back this time and wouldn't be able to keep in touch or something along those lines. Thus absolving Laurel of the guilt and making it seem like she did the right thing stringing him along because look! She came back! Not sure what that would mean for Dinah thinking she's dead, but they act like Dinah doesn't exist half the time anyway, so there's that. 

Or maybe she'd get killed in front of Quentin so everyone could pretend the first time never happened.

Edited by apinknightmare

...if only.

I'll take this. I'd even take that I've been under a Vertigo-induced hallucination. Maybe this is Tommy's rebar imaginations as he lays there in CNRI. I would accept that as well. Bonus: Tommy lives!

I'm betting after Felicity and Oliver's uber angsty talk she heads off and we get a Ray lunge. That's the only scenario that would make me furious. 

• Love 8

It's all a product of Yao Fei's mind. Oliver never went on the Gambit. It's all a lie!! lol

Seriously, though, I was trying not to be discouraged by the trilogy from Hell, but last episode undid all my good will. Now the only thing I'm looking forward to it's episode 14, if only to see Slade and his madness and to hear Maseo mock Oliver about the grease paint on his face (it has to be him saying that line, isn't it?). Although MG said 3x14 was a love letter to the show, and if we go with their definition of love letter... (read "Sara"). So bummed.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

@ apinknightmare: That is seriously what I am afraid of. 

Didn't MG say that they'd get back to Felicity's scare. Maybe Ray will notice it once he sees her without her clothes on and from then on he wants to be part of her secret because he wants to protect her from any more danger. She then brings him into the Arrow cave since Oliver is not the leader anymore. 

• Love 1

I keep holding onto the hope that these guys want people to like Ray since he may possibly get his own show.  Having Felicity sleep with him will make him Enemy No. 1, I think.  Oh, who am I kidding?  These are the same idiots who didn't anticipate the negative reaction to Laurel pretending to be Sara in front of Quentin.  Let it happen, and watch Ray burn.

• Love 6

I actually don't have a big problem with Ray, himself, right now. Or, OK, let's amend that to say I haven't had a big problem with him for 310 & 311. It's what Ray is doing to the rest of the show that is bothering me. And I do feel like BR has toned down the crazy eyes, so maybe he saw a little of that feedback. He seems like a really nice dude, and I think he's settling into the Ray role pretty well.

That said, I want him the hell off of Arrow, pronto. I don't think they're ready to launch another spinoff right now, so that's fine. Send him to The Flash next season, or have him recur on both shows. I don't care. All I know is that Arrow doesn't have time or space to develop every superhero in the DCU, and I'm sick of Felicity being siloed in Rayland and I fear it's only going to get worse for the rest of the season.

• Love 8

@ apinknightmare: That is seriously what I am afraid of.

Didn't MG say that they'd get back to Felicity's scare. Maybe Ray will notice it once he sees her without her clothes on and from then on he wants to be part of her secret because he wants to protect her from any more danger. She then brings him into the Arrow cave since Oliver is not the leader anymore.

Have. Mercy.

The problem for me isn't Ray per se. If it were clear that he is the temporary rebound obstacle, it wouldn't be as bad. But they are really playing it as this serious love connection. Even going so far as saying that Felicity has the same strong feelings for both guys and has to choose. Not only is this such a redundant storyline but it also cheapens the connection Felicity and Oliver developed over time if Ray can just swoop in and change her feelings. The guy used questionable resources to get her friend's company, changed its name and put her right next to him while she smiled on. Not that she does not deserve the position, she does, but her happy support was not necessary. Felicity becomes the indecisive love interest. She went for Ray while being hurt because of Oliver but the way they are portraying her now, she is quickly getting over it. Point of this rant is: They have to pay attention that they won't have too many moments where Felicity is OOC in order to further others because in the end people like who they like and they might choose to say 'What the hell' whenever Felicity makes a decision as well. She is one of my favorite characters but I have to admit recently she is making me scratch my head with certain decisions.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 7

Yeah, we're working up to Lunge 2.0 in 313. Same time as last year. Place your bets!

I'm ok with the lunge if it's Roy and Laurel.

Come on, the wedding photos put them together and they look great!

• Love 4

I have to say, I'm not that much opposed to the idea per se-but I'm probably one of 3 people here that don't mind Ray ahah- but my opinion will vary according to the circumstances and execution of it. I realize that's as good as saying I'll hate it, though lol

Staying away from any Lunge 2.0 speculation, for now, because just the thought of it is kind of making me break out in hives. All I want is for whatever Felicity does to make sense and that she manages to avoid much of the blowback related to impending questionable character decisions/moments.

I think I know what Sin's pivotal role in the next episode (3x12) will be. I think she'll be instrumental in organizing the people of the Glades to go against Brick and his gang along with Arsenal, Laurel, and Diggle. Roy finds her, comes up with a plan together about mobilizing the people, and is the one she'll mostly have screentime with, probably, so I doubt she'll be interacting with Laurel as BC or Thea much. I think, much like Quentin, Sin won't realize that whoever's under the BC costume isn't Sara until, maybe, late into the episode, if at all. They might just have her fade into the background, blissfully unaware that her surrogate sister is dead, 'cause it's not like the writers really care about the Sara/Sin relationship to give it much nuance on its loss, anyway.

• Love 1

I like Ray and I do want Felicity to have a relationship with him. I mean yeah, Ray has some issues and he wasn't perfect and definitely not what I wanted for a love interest for Felicity. But I did want a love interest for her. In two seasons we saw Oliver have a go at other relationships and we saw why they didn't work and why he and Felicity do work. So he's figured it out. But so far Felicity hasn't. So we know they love each other, and that they work and everything, but the characters don't yet (at least not Felicity). 

So let Felicity have this relationship and let her explore other guys, and see just why it's Oliver for her. Ray is her Sara. Just like her, can keep up with her mentality like Sara could keep up with Oliver in physical fights. But that's not what Oliver and Felicity need. And it's cheap writing and they are repeating storylines from 2B, but that doesn't surprise me at all. So if we get the lunge and we get Felicity seeing just why her and Ray don't work, that is going to make Olicity so much better imo. Because Felicity will see what we see. 

And one of the reasons I wanted one for her is so we could do away with the idea that she is just sitting in the foundry and pining for Oliver, waiting for him to get it together. But right now Oliver is saying "maybe. I could have feelings for you. I could be with you. Maybe". And Ray is saying "I do like you. I do have feelings for you" and that is what Felicity needs at the moment after 8 months of not knowing what her and Oliver are or where they stand. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 7

Wasn't the spoiler that Sin was supposed to have information vital to the investigation of who killed Sara or some mess like that? I guess that was just to mislead us?

Yeah, I think it was that Sin was supposed to be vital to finding out who killed Sara. But, really, who was investigating Sara's murder? Team Arrow who all already know who killed Sara so I doubt Sin can provide anything else that will be pivotal to that. Unless she has proof that Malcolm doctored that video and it really wasn't Thea. The only one who doesn't know anything is Laurel and she was hardly doing any investigating but whatever. So, maybe Sin tells Laurel, thinking she's Sara, something that makes Laurel realize the murder was committed by Thea? But I'm kinda doubting that we'll get Sin grieving at the loss of Sara 'cause she might not even get the decency of learning the truth.

He isn't saying maybe though, he's saying I DO have feelings for you and I can't be with you. Maybe not ever, but the other two are absolute.

It doesn't change that having a lunge after Oliver comes back is just distasteful, and it doesn't change the feeling that the moral compass of all the characters are currently apparently up in the air because plot reasons.

• Love 4

Oliver said he loves her not I have feelings for you. Oh god I want her to be happy but not with Ray. It does cheapen Her deep love for Oliver which they have built it as. The speculation is depressing and I'm afraid People will turn on her when Oliver did it last year. I'm getting a hatred for MG and the Writers

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1

I think IF there's a lunge, its distastefulness level of it will be determined by what exactly transpires between Oliver and Felicity. I don't expect her to want to jump in his arms and pursue something the moment he's back, and I don't think she should wait around for him to get his shit together. I think it just depends on why they have words and why she's angry and why she does what she does. 

I don't necessarily hate the idea of Felicity and Ray - I've liked him the past two eps generally speaking, apart from the fact that the mission he started to honor his dead fiancee (and was still about her a week ago) is now about Felicity. It just went from nothing to a kiss back to nothing to I WANT TO KEEP YOU SAFE. It drives me freaking crazy that they just will not give ANYTHING on this show its due.

• Love 3

But they are really playing it as this serious love connection.

I still fail to see this, I do NOT think it as a "serious love connection" I think they are portraying it as a genuine attraction, but that's about it. That being said they could "use" Raylicity to delay Olicity for YEARS and that's the problem when you equate the "payoff" and "the end of the story". FYI: A "happy" kiss that ends in a nightmare spewing blood is NOT a payoff. 

I think IF there's a lunge, its distastefulness level of it will be determined by what exactly transpires between Oliver and Felicity. I don't expect her to want to jump in his arms and pursue something the moment he's back, and I don't think she should wait around for him to get his shit together. I think it just depends on why they have words and why she's angry and why she does what she does.

Aaaargh, this is why all the way back in The Calm I hope Felicity was the one to put the breaks on Olicity via her belief that Oliver's love for her puts him, the city, and the mission in some kind of heightened danger, therefore she "sacrifices" what she wants and what she loves so he can be the man he needs to be. It also would have served Oliver's arc toward I am Arrow and only Arrow better, aka I finally fall in love with a woman and she tells me it's impossible, she's just confirming what he believes anyway.

But in my version I didn't have to hit a plot point of Oliver "dying" to make room for Black Canary and ATOM's ascendancy.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 3

My gut is telling me that Oliver is going to come back ready to pursue something with Felicity, but she'll be the one to turn him down.  I think that our reaction is going to be "Yeah...oh no!" because they'll have a lovely little reunion, Oliver will tell Felicity that he loves her again, and then she'll say that she doesn't want to be a woman he loves.  Then we also add in the fact that Oliver will be accepting help from people whom he never would have considered working with before, and I just don't see The Arrow being willing to do that.  If Oliver was going to return and go all season 1 vigilante again, I'd expect that he'd sooner get himself killed than accept help from the likes of Malcolm and Laurel.

Eh. I don't know what would enrage me more than Oliver and Sara's relationship.

I think what's kind of weird is people comparing that...thing with Raylicity. The EPs blatantly said Sara and Oliver were an Olicity stall. Whereas Felicity is having a choice between one superhero with MANY issues and another almost superhero with INTENSE EVERYTHING issues. Did Oliver have a choice? Did he need to get into the sack with Sara? Nope. If the show actually took any time to develop relationships on the show things would be more clear and less rage inducing.

I am frightfully interested in what could possibly happen in ep 12 that would enrage me.

• Love 1

I am frightfully interested in what could possibly happen in ep 12 that would enrage me.

I'm interested in it too, because I can't really think of much that would enrage me. I wouldn't be upset if they talked about feelings and either one of them pushed the other away. A Ray lunge wouldn't enrage me, necessarily. I think the only thing that would truly upset me is Felicity being flat-out mean to him with whatever she says, being heartless and cruel. Or Oliver to her (although I can't see that happening at all, unless he's trying to push her all the way away). Other than that...meh? 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

My gut is telling me that Oliver is going to come back ready to pursue something with Felicity, but she'll be the one to turn him down.  I think that our reaction is going to be "Yeah...oh no!" because they'll have a lovely little reunion, Oliver will tell Felicity that he loves her again, and then she'll say that she doesn't want to be a woman he loves.

Except that we have that "oops" thing from Oliver, so he's clearly going to make some sort of misstep or bad move with Felicity after their reunion. It doesn't seem like he's going that Full Arrow route, so if I had to guess, I'd say that he's just going to come back and nothing will really have changed. Like, I think Felicity may kind of press him on being together because she's so relieved he's alive and she may assume that he will have seen the light on that, and then he just kinda puts her off again. And then she loses it. (And cue flounce and lunge.)

I like Ray and I do want Felicity to have a relationship with him. I mean yeah, Ray has some issues and he wasn't perfect and definitely not what I wanted for a love interest for Felicity. But I did want a love interest for her. In two seasons we saw Oliver have a go at other relationships and we saw why they didn't work and why he and Felicity do work. So he's figured it out. But so far Felicity hasn't. So we know they love each other, and that they work and everything, but the characters don't yet (at least not Felicity). 

So let Felicity have this relationship and let her explore other guys, and see just why it's Oliver for her. Ray is her Sara. Just like her, can keep up with her mentality like Sara could keep up with Oliver in physical fights. But that's not what Oliver and Felicity need. And it's cheap writing and they are repeating storylines from 2B, but that doesn't surprise me at all. So if we get the lunge and we get Felicity seeing just why her and Ray don't work, that is going to make Olicity so much better imo. Because Felicity will see what we see. 

And one of the reasons I wanted one for her is so we could do away with the idea that she is just sitting in the foundry and pining for Oliver, waiting for him to get it together. But right now Oliver is saying "maybe. I could have feelings for you. I could be with you. Maybe". And Ray is saying "I do like you. I do have feelings for you" and that is what Felicity needs at the moment after 8 months of not knowing what her and Oliver are or where they stand. 

I agree with this. I have no problem with Ray except for his behavior in the first half of the season. Some will say Felicity doesn't love Oliver b/c she decides to date someone besides him. It's funny because last season people were so sure she loved him & that it was unrequited. I just want Felicity to be happy (i would prefer it to be with Oliver) but as long as she's happy i'm good. I'm a Felicity Smoak fan first and I don't want her to become lost in Olicity (even though they are beautiful lol).

• Love 2

Exactly. I can't bring to mind anything that would enrage me. Felicity and Ray sleeping together would just make me switch off my tablet. No need to see that ewwy.

Lemme see, maybe I'd be enraged if...Felicity started going on about him abandoning her and not caring about her when he went to die for Thea. But then that would just fall under my "they need her to react this way" category. I'd say bitch please, and pass the salt.

Really I'm coming up completely blank. Oliver joining Merlyn, again "they need him to do this", not because it makes sense but because the plot needs it to happen.

You know the fact that I have a " they need them to react this way" category is probably a good indicator that I need to quit the show. If I'm not enjoying anything what's the point?

If I thought Felicity would actually be happy with Ray, I'd be all for it. I'm a Felicity Smoak fan first and foremost. But she won't be happy. It'll be longing looks, angst, regret, and annoyance. That's not happiness. That's settling. I'd rather she pull a Kelly Taylor and choose herself. 

• Love 5

I was kind of just ignoring that "oops" comment from MG, because I just figured it would be more like an "oops, that's not how I expected this to go at all" where Oliver is thinking that Felicity is going to welcome him romantically with open arms, but she shuts him right down.

Oh, I imagine Quentin will be furious, even moreso when he finds out not only has Laurel been actively deceiving him about Sara but also lying to him AND going out on the street to fight. Then near the end of the episode he'll see her in action, probably watch her save someone's life. and then basically be cool with it.

Actually, I think once Quentin finds out the truth - and the extent to which Laurel, Dinah (family he trusts) and Team Arrow (<--- strangers he's learned to trust and care about) lied and actively deceived him - he will have a massive heart attack. On his dying breath, he'll forgive Laurel, see Ghostly Sara and go off to the light with his favorite daughter.

No comment on the Felicity/Ray/Oliver stuff.  I didn't watch last night except for specific clips online later.  The promos and MGs answers don't inspire any confidence that I'll enjoy what's coming up.

• Love 1

So, new promo.

How long has Oliver been gone? Jesus. I know the team decided to carry on without him but now it's like, "can you handle what it's become?" What it became was the Starling City Comedy Hour watching them trying to fight crime without him. Digg running comms in hostage situations instead of being in the field, Felicity helping Laurel fool a father about his daughter being dead, Laurel doing...well, whatever in the hell. Roy making the most sense out of all of them. Come on.

I hope those voiceovers are way, way out of context.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

That sounds like a really lousy sentiment to espouse. 'Hey, I know you went off and died to protect this city and your sister, but now you're back, you gotta adjust to the new norm, pal. Tough titties if you don't like it'. Ugh, this show is just so messed up.

• Love 10

I seem to recall a spoiler that the 3x12 Olicity angst is going to involve a third party who is not Ray Palmer.  I'm leaning toward the theory that Laurel will be involved somehow (because apparently everything is about her now).  We know Oliver is in love with Felicity (this season) but maybe he and Laurel will share a nostalgic kiss or something, out of comfort, that Felicity sees and misinterprets (yes, that old trope).  Then Oliver chooses not to correct her misunderstanding because he thinks he's being noble and wants her to be free to pursue a relationship with someone else (Ray - gag!).

Edited by tv echo

The "lunge" is what people call the Oliver/Sara kiss at the end of 213. (I never really knew it was called that either, and am one of the people who didn't actually hate it.)

I didn't hate it either, I actually expected it. It was the relationship that came after it that was a bit baffling to me (but I also didn't hate that).

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

3x13 is the episode in which Laurel had a line about Felicity and Oliver that got cut.

This was the line that acknowledged they were in love, right?  I was telling myself that it was a good thing that she was observing it still past 3.12 but now I wonder if it would have been a typical open mouth insert foot thing for Laurel like a, "Wait, since when are you with Ray, I thought you and Oliver were a thing." 

Asked if our reaction to the angst in 312 will be 'yelling and throwing things at the TV angst' or 'throwing out all my DVDs because it's all ruined angst', MG says: "Throwing all your DVDs at your TV angst."

So he thinks it's not quite all is ruined, but a step above throwing random things.  I don't know if I should take the comfort I find in that.

I'm positive like everyone else that 3.12 has Felicity and Oliver getting another wedge put between them but the details of what and how are killing me.  I just need the episode so I can face the damage and start regrouping.  I survived Lorelai Gilmore sleeping with Christopher (though that took me most of the summer hiatus to come to terms with it) so I know I can survive just about anything if I think it's just a further stall but how it happens matters soooo much. 

I am actively rooting for Oliver to still have his head up his rear because while there are good reasons for Felicity to hesitate jumping into his arms, none of them are reasonable reasons for her to turn to Ray instead of trying to sort out her insecurities or worries.  If Oliver is still being a dick, then it hurts, but I don't suffer agonies an my love for the characters stays the same.  If Felicity thinks that she's a danger to Oliver and to keep him safe tries to convince him that she doesn't care, I think I also could handle it, but I can't imagine any other way TPTB could present this that keeps Felicity from being shredded by the fans. 

An I love you but it hurts too much to be with you so I'm going to choose this other guy that wants to be a superhero makes no sense even if the lunge happens a couple episodes down the line. 

An I love you but I moved on makes her look shallow in the worst way.

The alternative is some variation of I don't love you and I can't even fathom that.  I suppose they could stick with her not saying it one way or the other but we've had spoilers that she speaks up about her feelings. 

Ugh.  I just want to rip the band aid off and be done with the agonized waiting.  

The alternative is some variation of I don't love you and I can't even fathom that

Edited:  I reread my own post and it occurs to me that the way these idiots write we should always pick the worst case scenario.  Of course it's going to be this.  :(

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

It's called that because people felt they lunged at each other out of nowhere. I think they did it because they both had a shitty day. Sara almost killed herself, her mother was kidnapped by her ex and her sister threw an exploding glass at her head and Oliver had to watch her almost die again and found out Thea was Malcolm Merlyn's daughter. 

The relationship afterwards was strange, but I also saw that has. They had been through so much together more than most people and they were lonely and being together was easy and uncomplicated. 

• Love 5

Lol, I thought it had only been a week or two. Yeah, the group has changed sooooooo much. Haha, I can't.

It has only been a week, I think. And they said about another week in between 311 and 312, I think? So at max, maybe two weeks since Oliver's been gone. But EVERYTHING. HAS. CHANGED!

• Love 6

It has only been a week, I think. And they said about another week in between 311 and 312, I think? So at max, maybe two weeks since Oliver's been gone. But EVERYTHING. HAS. CHANGED!

CAN YOU LIVE WITH IT, OLIVER? CAN YOU BEAR HOW CAPABLE WE ARE WITHOUT YOU even though we got our asses kicked and we still haven't beaten THE ONE CRIMINAL WE'VE HAD TO DEAL WITH SINCE YOUR DEPARTURE but whatever.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 11