Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, I had the same thought. What can you even say about your character when your character is a total cipher? There's nothing interesting or distinctive about Dinah, not even from a superhero-ing perspective since Black Siren has a sonic cry too.  We know virtually nothing about her, and at this point, I don't even want to know anything about her. Despite her screen time, she always manages to fade into the background. I was trying to think of anything memorable she's done since she's been on the show, and other than being a huge hypocrite and hating Oliver, I've got nothing.

She's irrelevant in Oliver's life, superflous to Team Arrow, and any day player could relay information in her policing scenes. There are too many characters on this show, and she could leave the show without anyone even noticing her absence. Nothing against Juliana at all, but Dinah is a non-entity and another failed BC.

Exactly, Dinah's such a non-entity on the show that even her flashbacks ended up with a bigger focus on her boyfriend than Dinah herself. You know, if the writers really felt the need to do a Dinah flashback episode, I think the character and the show would have been much better served if it had been about the direct aftermath of the particle accelerator explosion. If I have to watch flashback!Dinah, give me a totally traumatized and terrified version of her who's trying to cope with the fact that she's suddenly a meta-human while also having to deal with the loss of her boyfriend! Show me how she first learned to control her powers! This was such an obvious story to tell and could have given viewers a reason to care, but the Arrow writers are so lazy and uninterested that they don't even recognize a potential story avenue that's sitting right at their fingertips. 

1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

I think Dinah should lose her scream. A meta simple does not fit in with a team of regular people. If we must suffer by keeping her, then at least do something that removes her scream, since she uses it to fall back on. Also, I am tired of the open mouth pop a squat. 

There was actually a period in the comics where Black Canary had lost her scream and I think it could make for an interesting storyline in the hands of a competent writing staff. The Arrow writers, on the other hand, would probably screw it up, though. They are too scared to make any permanent changes, so they would just end up replacing Dinah's natural scream with an artificial one, lol.  

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 3

Why is Felicity telling Oliver they should take some space????

She would never leave him!!! Doesn't make sense! Or does he blow up at William? That's the only reason I can think of where she'd say that!!!!!!

• Love 2
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

She would never leave him!!! Doesn't make sense! Or does he blow up at William? That's the only reason I can think of where she'd say that!!!!!!

Since it seems like Laurel's going to hit him with some Vertigo and he'll be tripping balls seeing a bunch of bad stuff, I wonder if that Felicity scene is a hallucination.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Since it seems like Laurel's going to hit him with some Vertigo and he'll be tripping balls seeing a bunch of bad stuff, I wonder if that Felicity scene is a hallucination.

That was my first thought. Or it's the result of something else that happens.

Although didn't SA say the O/F stuff would be resolved in the episode? So I don't think I'm worried.

• Love 2

If the space scene isn't a hallucination, then it could be something like: Take some space, cool off and I'll see you at home. but promos are meant to be dramatic. SA told a fan this weekend the Olicity fight is resolved in the same ep, so not too worried about them.

• Love 4

Yeah, she was dressed for work, not leaving with a suitcase.  

3 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

If the space scene isn't a hallucination, then it could be something like: Take some space, cool off and I'll see you at home. but promos are meant to be dramatic. SA told a fan this weekend the Olicity fight is resolved in the same ep, so not too worried about them.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I don't think Katie is in 6x18. 

I don’t think she did.

BS probably gave Quentin a syringe and told him its Oliver’s surprise flu shot. 

• Love 19

I mean Black Siren doesn't have to do it - but I'm positive that vial of Vertigo Diaz gave her had Oliver's name 3-D printed all over it. I'd be really surprised if that's not what has him seeing The Hood and whatever else SA tweeted about while he was filming the episode 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Easy, Black Siren cooks something, tells Lance to give it to Oliver... 

(I don't even know if that would work, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.) 

Sadly, I think Quentin would do it without question. And probably without telling Oliver where it came from. BS has been hell for Lance's character/intelligence/sanity.

I'm trying to see but I don't think Felicity is wearing her wedding ring in that "I think we should take some space" scene which makes me think it's definitely a hallucination. Oliver would totally hallucinate something like that.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm trying to see but I don't think Felicity is wearing her wedding ring in that "I think we should take some space" scene which makes me think it's definitely a hallucination. Oliver would totally hallucinate something like that.

Yeah, I don't think so either.

DaEPgzJWAAERPPC.jpg

• Love 2

GATV apparently already posted how she's not wearing her wedding ring. LMAOOOO. Gotta keep those hopes up, dude. But yeah, I'm definitely leaning towards hallucination, especially if Vertigo makes you hallucinate your deepest fears or whatever. 

• Love 15

It also looks like the red coat she wore when she walked away from him (both in the alley and out of her wheelchair). Makes sense that she’d be wearing it if it was his brain hallucinating worst case scenarios. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Trisha said:

It also looks like the red coat she wore when she walked away from him (both in the alley and out of her wheelchair). Makes sense that she’d be wearing it if it was his brain hallucinating worst case scenarios. 

That red coat of pain really stayed with him. Omg.

• Love 20
36 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

GATV apparently already posted how she's not wearing her wedding ring. LMAOOOO. Gotta keep those hopes up, dude. But yeah, I'm definitely leaning towards hallucination, especially if Vertigo makes you hallucinate your deepest fears or whatever. 

It might sound Cruel but we never have gotten a Felicity on Vertigo episode I'm Surpised 

(edited)

Oliver would have to touch Felicity for dessert to happen. ?

Seriously though, I doubt very much we’d ever get any sexy times with them ever again tbh. A waste of their chemistry but I guess we've been pretty lucky to have 2 amazing love scenes. But they seem so reluctant for any of those kind of scenes anymore. IDK why.

Edited by Angel12d
5 hours ago, Chaser said:

SA also liked a comment about Olicity dessert so I better get some degree of sexy time. 

Where, Facebook? I've been going through his likes on Twitter and I don't see it.

This season makes me so irritated. Yes, Oliver is certainly not perfect, but mostly this season I am on his side. Yet everyone blames him for everything. Starting with Rene, who started it all and then turned around and whined about being spied on while he was actively betraying Oliver. Dinah did meet with Vince  who was Team Baddies. She didn't share that either. I doubt Oliver stayed alive this long by blindly trusting everyone.  As for Diggle, I don't get his problem. To me it is all so fabricated that I am just sitting there going 'meh'. 

I can already see it that Oliver is the one who will have to change so that they all come back to him. He will be the one who has to make amends even though it wasn't him who started it. Strangely, apart from Diggle, I don't need them to come back. Is anyone missing Rene at this point? 

Also, I hope the Felicity thing is a hallucination and not SA's description on how the situation is resolved. She takes space.

Maybe in 6x18 at the end, he gets captured or is in a drug coma. Next episode is the baddie episode. We learn more about their evil plan whether we want to or not. It also is supposed to be a bigger BS episode. Episode after that, the newbies start looking for Oliver or taking up the mantel. Something then happens that kicks of the court case. While Oliver is on the trial, the newbies take over the saving of the city. Possibly even helping Oliver out this time by brining the corruption stuff into the case... Oliver realises how good they are and wishes they were still all a happy family.....

God knows that every show needs a good court drama right before the season closes. That is just what viewers love. 

Also, is the cliffhanger going to be that Oliver reveals his identity? (I really don't like that idea)

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Belinea said:

This season makes me so irritated. Yes, Oliver is certainly not perfect, but mostly this season I am on his side. Yet everyone blames him for everything. 

This whole thing is so weird. There have been so many situations in which people turning against Oliver would have made perfect sense but instead they decide to go there when Oliver is at his most mature and level-headed? Did they suddenly regret never having the team turn on him for his sometimes iffy leadership and decide to just do it now even though it makes less than no sense?

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Belinea said:

Next episode is the baddie episode. We learn more about their evil plan whether we want to or not. It also is supposed to be a bigger BS episode. 

Oh Jesus. It just occurred to me that we might have to watch more Dragon and BS kissing. I can't, y'all.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Oh Jesus. It just occurred to me that we might have to watch more Dragon and BS kissing. I can't, y'all.

Once was enough, my eyes are still burning from that visual.

As for the "need space" that usually code for (in my marriage) to cool down and talk to you when I am ready, no big deal (if this is not a hallucination).

• Love 2
(edited)

I have been hoping for the following scenario for a long time: Oliver realises having a team around him 24/7 makes him soft and dulled his skills somewhat over the years. Focusing on doing things Solo would sharpen his skills abit instead of always having a team to fallback on. That's honestly my dream scenario.

But considering how hard they have hammered in "you are not alone anymore" thing over the years i doubt it will happen. But in my head it makes perfect sense. 

I don't want him to go solo all the time, but some Solo time against bad odds might give him a bit of perspective about how dulled his skills have gotten, i dno.

Btw i don't think Felicity is an hallucination cuz she is wearing the same sweater under that jacket as earlier in the trailer. But maybe she is saying the space thing to Curtis or Diggle?

Edited by DeadZeus
19 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

Btw i don't think Felicity is an hallucination cuz she is wearing the same sweater under that jacket as earlier in the trailer.

Even if she isn't, it still ends by 618 anyway, so thankfully no harm no foul, especially if Oliver is the one lashing out and just needs a time out before he says something harsh to his kid.

• Love 1
(edited)

I guess it's possible that it might not be a hallucination. If Oliver has been lashing out at them, maybe Felicity asks for some space for a few hours, for William's sake, and for Oliver to sort his head out. IDK. But the fact that she's not wearing her wedding ring makes me think that it is all in his head. Maybe we'll get another "leave the ring on the table" shot of doom again.

I just don't see how her asking for space and taking off her ring for real could be so easily resolved by the end of the episode, especially when she just told him she wasn't going anywhere. Talk about whiplash. 

Edited by Angel12d

Taking space I could definitely see as being real. Felicity sometimes needs to catch a breath before she blows a gasket. See also, I need some air. Was that in 2x10? It’s the taking the ring off that makes the scene seem unreal to me. I don’t see that happening just like that. They did a whole lot of rebuilding and Oliver blowing up after everything that’s been piled up on him does in no way equate him keeping a pretty crucial secret for months.

• Love 1
(edited)

The 618 synopsis says that Oliver lashes out at Felicity and at William. I could see Felicity being protective of William and wanting space for them both away from Oliver for a bit. But yeah, that lack of a wedding ring worries me - unless it's just a bad pic.

Edited by tv echo

Honestly, with the way this season has gone, it wouldn't surprise me if the scene is real. I'm prepared for the worst tbh. As always. ?

Not that Felicity asking for space is necessarily bad but I would really rather she didn't tbh. Oliver has done nothing wrong and I'd like his wife to be by his side, just as she said she would in 617. And I could really do without people hating on Felicity for it, which would happen if it's real. I can see it now.?

All that being said, I'm still leaning towards hallucination. I feel like the promo is intentionally making us think "Oh no, trouble with Olicity!" but we don't have the proper context yet.

• Love 4

I don't understand the worry about Felicity's wedding ring. Do people think they're going to have one fight and then she's going to take off her ring and give up on their marriage? What?

• Love 23
(edited)

I can see the fight being about how Oliver couldn't be a leader because his attention was not on the mission but on his family. So basically in his anger he throws what Diggle threw at him back at Felicity and William. Therefore she will tell him that she will take some space while he figures himself out. Once more.  

Did I already mention that his character growth is basically thrown in his face for plot purposes...

But I like that SA seems to enjoy episodes in which he has dramatic moments with DR and/or EBR. 

Edited by Belinea
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don't understand the worry about Felicity's wedding ring. Do people think they're going to have one fight and then she's going to take off her ring and give up on their marriage? What?

That's why it doesn't add up to being real. I can't imagine, with the way they've written them this season, that Felicity will take off her ring after Oliver lashes out. Haha. No.

I enjoyed the premature celebrations about the end of their marriage though. From GATV especially. ?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I enjoyed the premature celebrations about the end of their marriage though. From GATV especially. ?

Don't you know? Black Siren dosing him with vertigo is somehow going to lead to the GA/BC romance they've always wanted in season 7. Or some logic like that. 

Obviously, Felicity's just getting her ring resized. That's all. No big deal. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Black Siren dosing him with vertigo is somehow going to lead to the GA/BC romance they've always wanted in season 7

Don't you know, that is how every great love story begins... 

I think the reason she is wearing the same clothes as before is because that's the clothes she is wearing when Oliver lashes out. It's his hallucination, he's creating his worst fear from that argument.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I think the reason she is wearing the same clothes as before is because that's the clothes she is wearing when Oliver lashes out. It's his hallucination, he's creating his worst fear from that argument.

Plus the Pink Coat of Doom.

2 hours ago, bijoux said:

Taking space I could definitely see as being real. Felicity sometimes needs to catch a breath before she blows a gasket. See also, I need some air. Was that in 2x10?

Yes, 2x10 at the fight about Barry.  And I think 3x12 when Oliver comes back from the dead and announces that he's going to work with Malcolm.

Diggle used it in this episode too.

15 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I think ti's Vertigo making Oliver hear that. She wouldn't. Not at thi spoint.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I think ti's Vertigo making Oliver hear that. She wouldn't. Not at thi spoint.

I hope you're right! At this point the ONLY thing that would make sense if it isn't a hallucination is if he scares William and she puts William first. Anything else would be totally OOC. Not that it stops these writers.

• Love 3
(edited)

Given some fan speculation that Dinah will become Oliver's right-hand person on the team in S7 (instead of Diggle), I felt the need to reassure myself with the following...

-- MG: "Oliver's now married to someone who's not the Black Canary or ever will be the Black Canary. And I just don't think there's any desire on our parts to tell a story about Oliver cheating on his wife." Geekvibes guy said he understood why they didn't want to go down the story line of Oliver cheating on his wife. MG: "I can't think of a quicker way to get the internet to hate me more than it already does. And that's really saying something." (Feb. 14, 2018 Geekvibes Nation article & podcast, page 13 of Spoilers thread)

Where's this speculation coming from? Well, Diggle has quit the team to join ARGUS, and DR said that it was a "firm choice" and a "major, fundamental move." Also, there were fan reports from Awesome Con about SA saying that S7 will have more classic and traditional elements from the GA comics on the show.

Edited by tv echo

I still think the Diggle/Oliver breakup felt very similar to the 312 and 415/416 Olicity breakup scenes, which were also temporary and treated as permanent. Plus DR is back as Spartan for 621/622, so he's coming back to help Oliver with something.