Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Interesting, you think one of the B-team isn't coming back? (please oh please)

I think a couple episode very mini background arc of Curtis making gadgets and suit improvements could be interesting sort of like a Q or a Walter from Nikita. 

I think to have an impact with this storyline. At least one of them should leave the team for good, probably Rene, give him a happy ending with him raising his daughter.

29 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Going back to how the show doesn't know what to do with Curtis, the spoiler about Diggle getting a new suit from Cisco, why can't Curtis do that? 

I think it's mostly been Cisco who has made new suits, anyway. I could be misremembering, but I can't recall a time when someone said that Curtis made their costume or their suit. 

But yeah, also because Curtis would most likely be gone from the team at this point.

14 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

oh, I think B-team will eventually come back - I think it's inevitable, sadly.  I don't know about the timing of when Diggle gets a new suit.  If Diggle wants an upgrade when Curtis isn't on it at the time, then I think it would make sense that Cisco would make it.

They will defintitely be returning, probably sooner rather than later. Maybe one of them will stay gone longer than the others, but it is inevitable.

Edited by Lady Calypso
22 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Cisco making suits and the lip service that goes with it is the in show reminder that we’re all one universe . :)

I for one am tired of the whole "Cisco makes every.single.thing " costumes, weapons....branch out!

• Love 8

In the 2.5 comics, didn't someone in Bludhaven make the suits?  I agree let's branch out.

Also, between the engineering, the vibing and the working on the whole Team Flash thing, when does Cisco have time to get his stitching awl out and make all those leather suits?

• Love 5

Is that moment when everyone claps after their kiss and they got lost in it? Oliver looks a bit dazed. Teehee. 

Also love that Quentin says "It`s someone on the team."  Next shot, Oliver: "either Curtis, Dinah or Rene gave me up."  I`m so glad they don`t even bother playing around with some silly Diggle suspicions. 

I want my OTA back. Well, Roy would be welcome back, I liked him on the team, he fit in well with the OTA vibe.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Why am I feeling some type of way just because of the way Oliver says "Yeah?"

giphy.gif

It's so soft. And then she goes, "yeah," too and I'm just dead.

I'm also really curious about that scene where Diggle starts clapping and Oliver and Felicity look like they'd forgotten everybody around them, LOL!

Are the producer previews taped early or just before the ep airs? I'm curious?

I just cannot get over how Olicity constantly look like they want to run off and make lots of babies together. haha I am the point where I almost need them to cool it a bit for my sanity! 

In 610, it looks like Curtis, Dinah and Rene form their own team. But who's the leader - Dinah or Rene? And are they also using the Arrow Bunker? More importantly, can Curtis and Dinah really trust Rene? Shouldn't they be concerned that Rene could betray them as well, if Agent Watson decides that she wants to arrest other team members and threatens his daughter again? Also, does Rene really expect to keep on being Wild Dog in the future, even after he testifies?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Also, does Rene really expect to keep on being Wild Dog in the future, even after he testifies?

I'm not sure why he's even able to keep being Wild Dog now. I know the FBI is after Oliver for murders they'd like to pin on him and such, but being a vigilante is still illegal. It's not really the smartest move to keep going out as your FBI-recognized illegal vigilante alter ego with all of your illegal vigilante friends. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, tv echo said:

In 610, it looks like Curtis, Dinah and Rene form their own team. But who's the leader - Dinah or Rene? And are they also using the Arrow Bunker? More importantly, can Curtis and Dinah really trust Rene? Shouldn't they be concerned that Rene could betray them as well, if Agent Watson decides that she wants to arrest other team members and threatens his daughter again? Also, does Rene really expect to keep on being Wild Dog in the future, even after he testifies?

I would think Dinah would take up leadership since she is the most level headed. But they'll probably try the "we're all equals, we all call the shots". At this point, everything is out on the table so I dont think they worry about Rene to much, if it should happen, I would think he would go to them if he is confronted about giving them up. 

I really do hope they bring up that point about Rene's future, but somehow I dont think he will be testifying. Everything should be leading up to him leaving at the end of the season imo. 

But where does this leave Rene/Oliver on a "professional" level? I'm still not sure what he exactly does for The Mayor but talk about making things even more obvious and suspicious that Rene/Oliver don't interact in their day jobs and Wild Dog is no longer seen with GA.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It's not really the smartest move to keep going out as your FBI-recognized illegal vigilante alter ego with all of your illegal vigilante friends. 

Also, where are they gonna get the costumes from?

• Love 3

I'd guess they're setting Dinah up to be the newbie leader, based on JH saying she's a natural leader or whatever, but I expect Rene won't like that eventually (especially after his comments in 607) and the newbies will have their own conflict. This will all eventually lead into the team getting back together when they learn they all need each other. 

I'm not a newbie fan at all but it's obvious this is where this is going. I wish it wasn't so predictable though.

• Love 5

First of all, I wonder how long this new team is even going to last. Can they even function in the field together? Especially considering I'm assuming Curtis will be stuck on comms for them (so no field work for him). Am I to believe that Rene and Dinah won't butt heads in the field? Sure... 

Also, I really don't see how Felicity and Curtis can work together considering his anger over being spied on (forgetting he tracked her by having her eat nanites without knowing it last season) and the problems they've already had concerning the company. Am I to believe that trust issues won't spill over into their work with Helix Dynamics? 

Honestly, I'm rooting for the newbies to fail. 

• Love 11

I'm guessing Curtis and Felicity will have issues with working together.They had them even before the team split so this will make it worse.

And will Rene still testify against Oliver?I might have missed if they addressed that part but I don't see how he got out of it

51 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

I'm guessing Curtis and Felicity will have issues with working together.They had them even before the team split so this will make it worse.

And will Rene still testify against Oliver?I might have missed if they addressed that part but I don't see how he got out of it

That's what I'm wondering because he had his daughter with him at the end but then like how could the others trust him? I'm assuming he is going through with it but this plot was so poorly constructed I am not sure if that it the correct assumption. 

"I'm so offended you didn't trust me not to do the thing I am going to do that I am going to quit and still do that thing." doesn't really hold the moral high ground. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

Is it just me or was the midseason finale quite underwhelming? I mean, you might care about the new guys but if you don't, it isn't really all that big of an emotional punch. Curtis has been quite annoying this season and WD wasn't ever really that much of a pleasant guy. Dinah grew on me and I really would have enjoyed her having more scenes with Quentin. 

Also, up until now, I find Cayden James to be quite bland as well. I don't understand why Vigilante is a baddie now and do all these people want the same thing that they'd form a team easily? Additionally, the FBI storyline bugs me because it is there but not really, it feels like it is just there to make the team split. Why can't Argus do something for the team, I mean Lyla has power doesn't she? Can't they shut that down?

Furthermore, why is Thea not stepping in during difficult times? And does William still believe that Diggle is out there as the GA even though Oliver isn't home anymore during the evenings?

• Love 1

If Rene gets his daughter back, how is he going to have the time to be a vigilante?  It's the same problem Supergirl is going to have if Alex adopts Ruby.  It may seem like a great idea to writers who don't have kids but once you're responsible for child care things get very messy.

8 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

But where does this leave Rene/Oliver on a "professional" level? I'm still not sure what he exactly does for The Mayor but talk about making things even more obvious and suspicious that Rene/Oliver don't interact in their day jobs and Wild Dog is no longer seen with GA.

Personally I would fire his ass from the mayor's office but Oliver could just move him to a different job than assistant to Quentin, one that doesn't involve working closely with Oliver himself.

Would the general public even notice that Wild Dog isn't working on the same beat as the Green Arrow? If they do, they could assume that they've just split up the team to cover twice as much territory.

What seems crazy to me is that Rene would continue being a vigilante now that Agent Watson knows who he is.  He's putting everyone else at risk including his daughter because Watson might decided he's in too much trouble to see her since he's still doing illegal things.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Belinea said:

Furthermore, why is Thea not stepping in during difficult times? And does William still believe that Diggle is out there as the GA even though Oliver isn't home anymore during the evenings?

The person that just spent 7 months in a coma and only woke up 2-3 weeks ago? The one they mentioned at least twice during the episode wasn't back to full form and wasn't ready for action mentally or physically?

Thea not fighting especially after BS took her down so easily seems right to me.

Speaking of Thea, the comment to Oliver at the wedding about not being up to "the life" and, her thinking about Roy (who will be back in 15ish) convinced me that Thea/Willa will leave this season for greener pastures.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Speaking of Thea, the comment to Oliver at the wedding about not being up to "the life" and, her thinking about Roy (who will be back in 15ish) convinced me that Thea/Willa will leave this season for greener pastures.

Yeah, I'll be surprised if this doesn't happen. I do wonder what WH's episode count is for the season. 

I believe it was stated that her episode count was the same as last year which is part of the reason why they put the character in a coma. She should be appearing in majority of the remaining episodes unless they truly are writing her out. It is a shame since Willa was so happy and excited when she got to join in the action but it seems like the two didn't agree with what to do with the character. 

29 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That's the first thing that occurred to me as soon as I heard that. I hope that's what happens because I'd love for Thea and Roy to get their happy ending. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

That's the first thing that occurred to me as soon as I heard that. I hope that's what happens because I'd love for Thea and Roy to get their happy ending. 

I would like Thea and Roy to get their happy ending as well but I think writing Thea off the show would be a loss. Oliver's scenes with Thea add something that is lacking in his scenes with other characters. If she leaves, he's down to Diggle and Felicity. It's too bad they won't bother to create a storyline for her. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I would like Thea and Roy to get their happy ending as well but I think writing Thea off the show would be a loss. Oliver's scenes with Thea add something that is lacking in his scenes with other characters. If she leaves, he's down to Diggle and Felicity. It's too bad they won't bother to create a storyline for her. 

I agree. I wish they'd incorporate Thea better into the story lines. Have her spend more time with Felicity, maybe even write adventures for them. But the writers just don't seem to be that interested, creative or capable.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I agree. I wish they'd incorporate Thea better into the story lines. Have her spend more time with Felicity, maybe even write adventures for them. But the writers just don't seem to be that interested, creative or capable.

Cause they are too busy giving us plenty of Curtis, Rene, and Dinah when me personally and probably a lot of others as well would rather see Thea and Quentin more. Oh and of course we have like 6 baddies this season so of course Thea and Quentin espically Thea get shafted 

• Love 6

They've finally managed to balance 6 people in the Arrow cave.  Mostly.  I do miss Thea not being there though.

I think it's a combination of not wanting to have too many female characters (apparently a 4:2 ratio is okay but a 4:3 is not) and also wanting their comic book characters of Mr. Terrific and the Black Canary.   I

Hey, maybe they could drop Rene from scenes at the mayor's office and put Thea back in there.  Or maybe they think WH is too expensive to use purely in non-Team Arrow scenes.  I'd happily drop Curtis to get Thea back in the field.

• Love 1

I hope they do send Thea off to be with Roy. Not because I want Thea/Willa gone but because I'd much rather see Thea get a happy ending than last season's randomly missing from storylines she should have been in Thea or this season's Thea's in a coma and Oliver kind of cares (I know Oliver really does care but that wasn't shown very well.) And the fact Roy sacrificed everything for Oliver and they've just sort of left him on the run alone for the rest of his life bothers me.

I do think the show would lose a lot with regards to Thea and Oliver scenes but I find Thea not coming home after Oliver's kidnapping and Thea's coma that never really seemed to affect Oliver so damaging to/at odds with the relationship they've been shown to have that I think I'd prefer it that way.

• Love 4

Some people think the Holiday Party is this weekend.

He could have known up just for the party or to film or for the party and filming next week.

DR said CH was back in January, I think they start filming 13 next week. So maybe he's here filming for 13, which would air on 2/8 (last episode before Olympics hiatus)?

Am I wrong in remembering, didn’t Rene get a dishonorable discharge from the Navy for not following orders? He thought he knew better than his superiors?

Why should I think he’s a good guy if he does the same thing on Team Arrow on multiple occasions and wants to turn Oliver in that would also effect his team mates?  Not happening I don’t care.  

I actually liked there was no drama  in this mid season finale. OTA are the grownups and the other 3 are the kids. It has never been portrayed better!

The kids can all stay gone. 

Edited by BunsenBurner
Thanks @bijoux I fixed it
  • Love 10

According to Wikia:

Prior to becoming a vigilante, Rene served with United States Navy later becoming a Navy SEAL. He was part of a team transporting a prisoner with valuable information, intelligence couldn't get the information out of him so Rene took matters into his own hands and tried to beat the information out of him, leading to Rene being dishonorably discharged.[