Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I didn't see any backpedaling in that article as someone pointed out in the comment section. What I saw was GB saying, Olicity is happening, but it's not going to take over the entire show just as some have feared. I always thought that, that fear was incredibly silly considering there's so much more to Oliver's journey than who he falls in love with. Obviously some people don't understand that. GB was trying to placate the people who felt this way and at the same time, also say that Olicity isn't going anywhere (I mean, he didn't even have to bring up the marriage comment, yet he did. Further indicating (to me at least) that the EPs are serious about this couple). 

It's funny how differently people see things. To me GB was just stating the obvious, which means that there was no backpedaling involved. 

• Love 3

What did he say that others didn't? Nothing. All he was doing was make a point of saying that Oliver's love life wasn't going to be the whole show. That was the only bullett point he was trying to get across. He isn't changing anything from the narative that was established at Comic Con: they are confronting (not sure if thats the right word) Oliver and Felicity in the start of the season but it slides to the back burner and become a season long arc.

If he had brought up other love interests, then I would say they are back pedalling. If he had brought up Laurel, then I would be concerned. But he didn't.

I don't think they're backpedaling on Olicity, just on how far they're allowing the audience to take it based on the promotion thus far. I'm getting the sense they didn't quite expect the level of excitement they've been seeing in response to the Olicity promotion at SDCC and the network spots and I think they're afraid of having another collective fan meltdown when Oliver steps away after their date like what happened with the "I love you" ruse. Likewise, all the Olicity promo has brought the anti-shippers out in full force so it makes sense for them to reassure that faction that the show isn't going to turn into The Vampire Diaries.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 4

I think they expected Olicity to be a topic of conversation leading into the season, but I don't think they expected it to be such a big thing for the fans. Fans are talking more about Olicity then they are the Big Bads coming up. Part of that is on them because they did drop some massive implications on the fans at Comic Con and the other EPs (and SA of course) have been teasing the fans all summer.

• Love 5

Folks, we're going to ask you to leave the term 'haters' at the door. It's a loaded word, and while we don't think any of you were using it in a dick-ish way, having it in the forum could potentially lead to dick-ish behavior by other posters. So thanks, and carry on!

• Love 1

First time I saw the promo tonight during a rerun and can't believe they showed the kiss. I would think they would just cut them looking at eachother but nope. I, of course, squeed and rewound it a lot but it would have been nice to be surprised.

Malcolm looks all kinds of hot in the promo too. I would love to see Walter back and have the two of them fight to be Thea's father figure. Hell, I just want Walter back.

I seen the theory that the statement of Berlanti has to do more with the fact that Oliver doesnt think he can be  married and be the Arrow, while Diggle on the other hand knows he can fight alongside Oliver and also have a family. 

BxILCUSIQAAOBXl.jpg

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1

Being able to have relationships, both friendship and romantic are part of what makes Green Arrow. Right now Oliver is Arrow, he is very limited because he thinks he can't have or doesn't deserve to have pretty much anything. Green Arrow is very well rounded, he has and runs his business, is snarky, a family man, has friends, is good with money, likes having a good time, etc while he tries to solve issues such as racism, poverty, etc. His romantic relationships are just a small part of who he is, DR is right, Diggle is much more evolved in many ways, but not just in that one aspect.

• Love 5

I love David Ramsey's take on his character. He always sounds so solid in his views; its really awesome to hear. After hearing him talk, I'm getting more enthused about his storyline this year. I thought it was really going to focus on Daddy Diggle, but it sounds like that is only going to be a small portion and the aim is to show every aspect (the fighter and father and husband) of his life. I love that.

Now if we could just get Willa Holland talking...

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2

What I find interesting is that the EPs remain tight lipped about whether Ray is a good guy or not. You'd think that Ray is a good guy considering he's the Atom in the comics but...I have a theory that the show will use Ray's comic guise as a ruse to make people believe he's one of the good guys, but Ray in the show ends up to be a villain working for Ra's Al Ghul or someone and has a vendetta against Oliver because of something his family did to Ray's family :p It's silly but the show does love its twists. 

Yep, I'm thinking Arrow will pull a Chuck in this sense. 

• Love 2

Maybe he starts good and turns bad? Really hope they don't go that route. Way too Chuck.

I think I want him to be good. It sounds like they are have enough season long Big Bads and I want Felicity to choose Oliver not just end the relationship with Ray because he is bad.

SA actaully said Agenda right? I find that an interesting word choice. To me it says Ray is hiding something.

• Love 3

SA actaully said Agenda right? I find that an interesting word choice. To me it says Ray is hiding something.

of course he is hiding something, it wouldn't be Arrow if people are not hiding a tonne of things.

So far people have tried to keep hidden things like secret baby daddies, secret baby mamas, miracured boyfriends, cocktail waitress moms, Argus Agent ex-wives, shady dead brothers, dead half brothers, former boyfriends apprehended by FBI, a career with Argus in Hong Kong doing Amanda Waller's bidding and deadly assassin lesbian lover among other things. The only solid straight forward (so far) character on the show is Quentin Lance.

• Love 5

In one of the old promos Ray is standing in front of a saccharine, sunny image of a city during what looks like a business presentation and I believe it says "Star City" across it. If Ray has an agenda, I'm guessing it somehow involves a "rebranding" of Starling. Since the Oliver Queen of Arrow is somewhat Batman-like, he may not be automatically on board with sweeping changes to "his city."

Ray probably has secrets but I'd be shocked if they were sinister.

• Love 1

It would be a shame to see the EPs devote so much time to Sara's journey in season 2 and (from the spoilers) season 3 only to have her be used as a plot device and be killed to make Laurel step up to take the BC mantle. It would be such a waste of character and screen time. 

• Love 4

She's wearing stupid shoes.  (Not KC's fault, she's drawn that way.)

I've spent hours beside the bed of a person in hospital and you want the most comfortable shoes that exist.  Those shoes make my feet hurt just looking at that picture.

But I love Quentin ):

I love Quentin too. He's alive; that's all I need to know from that drawing.

• Love 3

^^^^^

Had it been just Quentin, I bet it would've garnered some discussion but people cannot accept Laurel in the role of a loving daughter, she has dissed her father far too many times.

Strangely, that's the only role I can accept her in. I actually like most of her scenes with Quentin - it's everyone else she's insufferable around (and she has been insufferable around Quentin her fair share of times, but I can look past that).

Weird about the comic. It probably doesn't help that MG @replied KC without putting a period or something in front of it so everyone who follows him could see it.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

That's the first time I've seen that particular comic bit. Interesting.

And my interest in Quentin in 2.5 isn't that great now that it's well known he's still alive in S3 and working in some capacity at the police department.  Seeing a clip reassured me.  I have no interest in that part of the 2.5 comics.

Oliver and Ra's butt heads not before Episode 9, just before the winter break.

Question: Do you have any insight as to who the Big Bad of season 3 of Arrow will be? —Michael
Ausiello: As revealed at Comic-Con, the Big Bad is this guy — the iconic DC Comics villain Ra’s al Ghul, just recently cast with Aussie Matt Nable. And though the League of Assassins leader is first seen in Episode 4, it will take a bit before he and Arrow butt heads, swords or what have you. “Before the winter break, which would be Episode 9, you’ll see some big stuff with him and Oliver,” promises EP Greg Berlanti.

http://tvline.com/2014/09/10/bones-200-episode-spoilers-booth-brennan-ask-ausiello/

In episode 4, Nyssa is in Starling city and we also know that Caity Lotz has filmed some scenes for this episode. Maybe, we will have a scene with Ra's and Sara. 

Edited by abhi

I think the EPs and/or the CW Network got carried away in trying to promote Arrow because they're excited about the fall season (with The Flash debut as well as Arrow return) and gave away too many spoilers.

(wonderwall, I sometimes read the ending first as well.  If I hate the ending, it saves me having to read the entire book and then be disappointed or, in some cases, devastated.)

That's one of the problems with keeping everything so secretive; Promotion tends to be too limited to just one thing. I'm excited about Olicity, but I do wish they had keep things back and kinda spread out the spoilers.

These two articles are mostly about The Flash, but they did include some Arrow tidbits...

Your Ra's al Ghul casting for "Arrow" -- tell us about that, how you landed on Matt Nable.

Performance, performance, performance. You know, I think we have a great history that we enjoy with the show, and when you have a character like that, the character is the name [value]. We just look for who feels the best for what we imagine in our head, and we knew we wanted someone who felt very different than Slade Wilson felt, because that was sort of a two-year build up. We had a whole different kind of vibe that we wanted, and Matt Nable is that. I can't wait for people to see him do it.

BERLANTI TALKS BRINGING "THE FLASH" UP TO SPEED, CONFIRMS "SUPERGIRL" TV DEVELOPMENT
Tue, September 9th, 2014 at 11:58am PDT | Updated: September 9th, 2014 at 12:37pm
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55399

Are you allowed to tell us about the villains in that 2-parter yet?
We use a famous Flash villain, actually, in the Arrow episode, and then I would say as much as there is a villain in the Flash one – the first one (“Flash vs. Arrow”) – we’re not deceiving anybody with the title. There will be some real fisticuffs between our heroes.

Are there any character interactions that surprised you all in the writers’ room when breaking the crossover?
It’s all the interpersonal stuff, so it’s the real connection…. the deepening friendship between Barry and Oliver is always great. But when you’re getting to write scenes with Cisco and Dig… that’s just a cool scene, you know? And Diggle’s reaction when he sees what The Flash can really do? It’s hysterical and funny.

Flash’s Greg Berlanti Talks Crossovers, Crisis, Upcoming Villains & More
Posted by: Craig Byrne  in Interviews, News, Spoilers September 8, 2014
http://flashtvnews.com/flashs-greg-berlanti-talks-crossovers-crisis-upcoming-villains-more/

Edited by tv echo

I was really excited about Ra's coming to Arrow. Maybe it's just me, but with the recent casting announcement my excitement has lessened somewhat. Nothing against the actor. I'm going to be watching and for all I know he'll do a great job, it's just that Ra's was the thing I was most looking forward to this season and I'm no longer sure about it.

• Love 5

I was really excited about Ra's coming to Arrow. Maybe it's just me, but with the recent casting announcement my excitement has lessened somewhat. Nothing against the actor. I'm going to be watching and for all I know he'll do a great job, it's just that Ra's was the thing I was most looking forward to this season and I'm no longer sure about it.

Yeah, I agree, the casting news for Ra's deflated my excitement quite a bit. I'm still going to give him a shot and keep an open mind but I'm not as into the Ra's potential as I once was.

• Love 2
Oliver and Ra's butt heads not before Episode 9, just before the winter break.

So...just like the last two seasons basically?

OMG, now I'm so excited to see Diggle's reaction to Barry. Diggle has the best reaction shots on the entire show.

Same...but I'd like Barry interact with others a bit too...Thea, Malcolm...and Sara

We use a famous Flash villain, actually, in the Arrow episode, and then I would say as much as there is a villain in the Flash one – the first one (“Flash vs. Arrow”) – we’re not deceiving anybody with the title. There will be some real fisticuffs between our heroes.

Are they saying Oliver and Barry are going to fight? Why? That makes no sense based on their relationship so far and the Flash pilot. What is this obsession with first pitting heroes against each other only to have them then team up. 

Unless I'm reading it wrong which is possible because it's early and I'm still mostly asleep.

Are they saying Oliver and Barry are going to fight? Why? That makes no sense based on their relationship so far and the Flash pilot. What is this obsession with first pitting heroes against each other only to have them then team up. 

Unless I'm reading it wrong which is possible because it's early and I'm still mostly asleep.

My guess is that Oliver as The Arrow comes into contact with The Flash not knowing that he's really Barry Allen.

My guess is that Oliver as The Arrow comes into contact with The Flash not knowing that he's really Barry Allen.

Spoilers for The Flash pilot.

That doesn't work because Oliver knows about Barry's abilities and advises him in The Flash pilot. He hasn't seen the suit but Oliver's not a complete idiot. I think he could figure it out. Maybe the villain can control people or a mind altering substance is involved. Guess I'll find out in a bunch of months! (waiting is hard)

It might be some altercations between Oliver Queen and Barry Allen in a public place so that Barry cannot use his powers or stg like that. Otherwise, there's no way Arrow can touch Flash.

we knew we wanted someone who felt very different than Slade Wilson felt,

So we hired another burly Aussie. Even Manu strikes me as more Ra's than this Nable guy does purely in terms of "look".

• Love 5

So we hired another burly Aussie. Even Manu strikes me as more Ra's than this Nable guy does purely in terms of "look".

How true, Slade could have been an interesting Ra's. I really want to try amd keep an open mind but I'm just so blah in the casting.