Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I actually think this season may end in Oliver outing himself Tony Stark style as part of a strike against Prometheus and fall out/recovery from the Susan expose. It'd be a away to take the show in a new direction given this season is suppose to close out the original story arch and soft reboot the show (if that line wasn't another oversell from oversell Mericele). 

Ack!  Not saying it won't happen, but I will hate it if it does.  It works for Tony Stark and Iron Man but Oliver has the wrong personality and the Green Arrow the wrong reputation for the public to be ok with it.  Iron Man took out basically terrorists and traitors.  He's a step away from being government sanctioned.  But Oliver and Co are just too everyday street level for their brand of vigilate-ism to be viewed as like a branch of the military.  

I find the idea of the public (and the SCPD) being ok with it harder to swallow than magic and time travel and meta humans.  So, please, please, please I beg this show not to go there.  The logic fail would be my undoing.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Ack!  Not saying it won't happen, but I will hate it if it does.  It works for Tony Stark and Iron Man but Oliver has the wrong personality and the Green Arrow the wrong reputation for the public to be ok with it.  Iron Man took out basically terrorists and traitors.  He's a step away from being government sanctioned.  But Oliver and Co are just too everyday street level for their brand of vigilate-ism to be viewed as like a branch of the military.  

I find the idea of the public (and the SCPD) being ok with it harder to swallow than magic and time travel and meta humans.  So, please, please, please I beg this show not to go there.  The logic fail would be my undoing.  

One problem is that I feel like even if just Oliver decides to make some sort of "I am Green Arrow" announcement, the others might have no choice in their identities being revealed because of the connections that can be made from that (much like how I mentioned before about revealing LL as BC). So then it better be a group decision - as in, unanimous, every single person 100% for it, pardons acquired for any wrongful actions they could possibly be prosecuted for, etc. - before it happens. 

I think another problem is dealing with the public knowing who they are for at least another 23 episodes (in S6, if it happens in the S5 finale). Maintaining that with movies is a lot easier than doing so with a TV show. Unless the plan is to then have that be the conflict - who is okay with it and who isn't, how the team deals with it, would Oliver still be mayor, could the others have jobs, etc. But how many episodes could that last?

ETA: And would Oliver then reveal he was also the Arrow or still pretend that was Roy? 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

One problem is that I feel like even if just Oliver decides to make some sort of "I am Green Arrow" announcement, the others might have no choice in their identities being revealed because of the connections that can be made from that (much like how I mentioned before about revealing LL as BC). So then it better be a group decision - as in, unanimous, every single person 100% for it, pardons acquired for any wrongful actions they could possibly be prosecuted for, etc. - before it happens. 

I agree. Tony Stark worked alone at first. It was him, a suit, and an AI. Oliver has an entire room of people who would be outed as well. Everyone in Starling City knows it's Oliver and Felicity and Digg because I believe they are not all morons, and they all choose to turn a blind eye. I'm okay with that. 

• Love 7

Wow, you guys are super depressing today.  I know that stuff is standard on the CW relationship drama shows but I'm too old to enjoy that now, especially if there is nothing else on the show I am enjoying, as there currently isn't.

8 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

My brand of pessimism is that even if O/F reunites this season, I fear Guggenheim will break them up every dozen episodes or so -- either by actual break up, or by using separation tropes [amnesia, going undercover, magic serum making one of them evil, etc] -- for however long Arrow lasts.

I would actually be fine with the amnesia/undercover/magic serum tropes.  Well, not fine but better than all the multiple love interests because to me Other Love Interests = "I don't care about Felicity", especially given how there is no writing for them any more.  I really think that if Tina is Oliver's love interest in s6, or even if it's anyone but Felicity, I'll be gone from the show.  Life's too short for that kind of crap.

8 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I could see an Oliver Tina hookup but not a full blown relationship or love triangle. In the event that it were to happen though I think it would be entirely done to illicit a reaction from Felicity and spurn on Olicity drama/eventual reunion. Sort in similar vein as Veronica and Logan in season 2 once they moved on from Duncan and they used Logan other love interest to heighten Veronica and Logan's story.

My one 'but' is that Marc apparently said over Twitter convos that they are trying to avoid I guess over the top drama this season presumably in response to the reaction of baby mamma drama and their disengaged character writing certainly seems to be a results of avoiding drama at all cost even if it is organic and needed I.e Felicity and Oliver act like nothing happened between them last season in order to carry on without drama.

I think that the idea that the purpose of Oliver/Susan hooking up or even Oliver/Tina hooking up would be to get a reaction from Felicity falls into the same category as "Oliver is really marrying Felicity, not Nyssa in the LoA wedding" but that's just my opinion.

I have zero faith in jbuffyangel's interpretation of messages from MG but given that he told EW that the Baby Mama Drama is the one storyline he regrets how they wrote, I can well believe that they are deliberately writing Oliver and Felicity as disengaged because of it, and to loud acclaim from the dudebro fans.  There can be, however, the problem of falling over the other side of the horse and I certainly think they have on this one.

5 hours ago, tv echo said:

One: the familial legacy theme is the short-term theme (limited to this season).  Oliver's father-to-son legacy regarding writing past wrongs and saving the city.  Prometheus' father-to-son legacy (if they stick with Prometheus being Justin Claybourne's son).  A possible Diggle father-to-son legacy (perhaps to explain why they switched Diggle's child to a son who's a potential future superhero).  A possible Thea father-to-daughter legacy (if Malcolm's return later in the season involves a Thea storyline).  A possible Felicity father-to-daughter legacy (if Felicity's "dark path" starts to mirror her father's path and Tom Amandes returns as Noah Kuttler).

And Rory's magic rag heritage from his father who saved him at Havenrock.

ETA:  No to an identity reveal from me.  You'd get into all the legal problems and the "who gets to decide who is bad enough?" problems  There's a reason Chase works secretly as The Vigilante.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think that the idea that the purpose of Oliver/Susan hooking up or even Oliver/Tina hooking up would be to get a reaction from Felicity falls into the same category as "Oliver is really marrying Felicity, not Nyssa in the LoA wedding" but that's just my opinion.

That was HILARIOUS. We had actual pictures of Nyssa in the bridal gown with Oliver and STILL.

Felicity already knows Oliver and the reporter are dating, even interacted with them on their date, and she hasn't had an epiphany so far.   

So again I ask, what could Felicity do that is morally questionable enough that Oliver or her team could/would judge her?  Or is it more likely that they will just hold her to a higher standard?   That's what I'm expecting. 

• Love 3

Looking at the new promo photos, I find it weird though that they would make these the promo photos over photos of the party or at least one of KC for this episode.

Just now, BkWurm1 said:

So again I ask, what could Felicity do that is morally questionable enough that Oliver or her team could/would judge her?  Or is it more likely that they will just hold her to a higher standard?   That's what I'm expecting. 

Where is the idea of judging her coming from? Because idk, I think I would see it as more of a judgment over the fact of doing something behind the team's back (and teaming up with xyz) rather than any direct action that she might end up doing. 

2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. I feel like Oliver is always just going to see her as "the one that lights [his] way." I don't think the show would actually have her do anything that dark, but instead, it's going to be about her not telling the others. 

So, the 510 photos. Not one of KC? There was already that spoiler-y promo. Come on, CW. I will say that I'm more excited to see Felicity and Prometheus in the same room than I am for another Oliver vs. Prometheus fight. Especially since the fight can't really go anywhere because it's only the midseason premiere. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Where is the idea of judging her coming from? Because idk, I think I would see it as more of a judgment over the fact of doing something behind the team's back (and teaming up with xyz) rather than any direct action that she might end up doing. 

I guess I assume judging since for Felicity to be seen as going dark and doing morally questionable things, someone has to have decided she's doing morally questionable things.  Maybe it's just the omnipotent producers informing the viewers but it feels like they are also informing us of how the characters around her will react to her choices.  

Plus her teaming up with someone else or going behind the team's back also implies that the team couldn't or wouldn't do what she wanted to do, hence more judging if she does what they refused to do.

Setting possible judgement aside, it does sound like they could be setting up Felicity to "go it alone" and "keep secrets" so she can parallel to Oliver's habit of doing that aka the reason they broke up. Of course her going it alone as just a team member is totally different that him doing it as a fiancé but this show does like to make its parallels and connections. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

I guess I assume judging since for Felicity to be seen as going dark and doing morally questionable things, someone has to have decided she's doing morally questionable things.  Maybe it's just the omnipotent producers informing the viewers but it feels like they are also informing us of how the characters around her will react to her choices.  

Her also teaming up with someone else or going behind the team's back also implies that the team couldn't or wouldn't do what she wanted to do, hence more judging.  

Setting possible judgement aside, it does sound like they could be setting up Felicity to "go it alone" and "keep secrets" so she can parallel to Oliver's habit of doing that aka the reason they broke up. Of course her going it alone as just a team member is totally different that him doing it as a fiancé but this show does like to make its parallels and connections. 

Ah, I understand. I just thought something new was said, my bad. Idk, I kind of took morally questionable in general since yeah like you I can't off the top of my head think of something questionable enough compared to Oliver, but I can see that latter parallel happening (not really too comparable, but paralleled still) or at least a judgment about going behind their backs, since JV squad already made this argument earlier in 5a.

Those photos don't match up with the Reddit spoilers do they? 

Wasnt the Reddit spoilers that BS kidnaps Felicity and Oliver beseeches to her to not kill Felicity to save her soul as the final climax action scene of the episode. And I don't remember anything about Curtis Felicity and Oliver taking on Prometheus

Edited by LeighAn
3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Those photos don't match up with the Reddit spoilers do they? 

Wasnt the Reddit spoilers that BS kidnaps Felicity and Oliver beseeches to her to not kill Felicity to save her soul as the final climax action scene of the episode. And I don't remember anything about Curtis Felicity and Oliver taking on Prometheus

Hmm, true. (Though I don't feel like re-reading the Reddit spoilers to check.) Maybe this is when BS kidnaps Felicity? Or the Reddit guy had an earlier draft of a script? The photos do look to just be from one scene of the episode. 

So, is Felicity now going to this morally questionable place because of everything that happened to her or 'just' because of Billy? I hope it is not the latter because I could buy her finally having enough and the death of Billy being the last straw but I really don't have any emotional connection to her avenging this guy that really nobody cared about. 

As for the pictures: It looks like one scene so he still could be right. At this point, I am willing to believe that he is. 

5 minutes ago, Belinea said:

So, is Felicity now going to this morally questionable place because of everything that happened to her or 'just' because of Billy? I hope it is not the latter because I could buy her finally having enough and the death of Billy being the last straw but I really don't have any emotional connection to her avenging this guy that really nobody cared about. 

Brian Ford Sullivan said that Billy's death uncorks everything Felicity has been bottling up since Havenrock. Whether that translates on screen is another question. 

Also another anomaly between the Reddit Spoilers and Promo photos there was no mention of Diggle or Rene either or the use of the Canary cry or whatever tech Felicity and Curtis are using on Prometheus.

So either Black Siren is there but they didn't get photos of her for the promo;

Or the Reddit guy chose to omit or not share a confrontation battle between Team Arrow and Prometheus;

Or however he's getting his info and I'm going with scripts or episode descriptions rather then actually having seen the episode that whatever info he had has changed in the actual final product. Like he's seen an earlier draft rather then the actual final episode. So some things will add up while others don't match up.

26 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Yeah the Reddit spoiler was super confusing but I think when Oliver confronts BS, Prometheus is there: 

Returning to the Siren situation the nanites are live and tracking her, they decide to suit up and go after E-2 Laurel. There's a psuedo battle and a choice between Oliver and Laurel you know "If you kill Felicity then you're killing the part of yourself that existed before you lost your family." Oliver tells Siren, "If you end this now then we can find that person again together." Despite this Siren gets captured and sent off. Prometheus escapes from the scene.

• Love 1

It doesn't look from those photos like Felicity is kidnapped or that Black Siren is there. 

It looks like Felicity is there pretty intentionally to act out some plan with Curtis and/or the rest of the Team. 

So unless they didn't get photos of Black Siren the photos don't add up to the reddit spoilers.

So either they were foilers or more likely the guy got his hands on episode info that's been changed and adapted since then. Since he was right about the loft party and BS revealing herself to Oliver and Felicity.

Edited by LeighAn
19 minutes ago, Belinea said:

8 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Brian Ford Sullivan said that Billy's death uncorks everything Felicity has been bottling up since Havenrock. Whether that translates on screen is another question. 

I hope that it's acknowledged on-screen that it's everything that has led Felicity to this place. I don't want a scene of the others thinking, "Oh, wow, Billy meant more to her than we thought. She must have loved him, etc." I want them to remember, "Oh, yeah, Felicity has been through a lot over the past year. And no one has really tried to talk to her about that..." I don't want Felicity to have to remind them. I don't want them to have to say it in an interview like they did for Evelyn's betrayal or spell it out in tweets after the episodes air. 

The more I think about it, it's too bad they couldn't have just made Billy Felicity's friend. She could have still been upset about his loss, and he could have still been targeted by Prometheus and died in the same way (because he's a cop, and Felicity still could have used him for evidence, told him she worked with the GA, etc.). She could have still had the same motivation to go after Prometheus and still could have been bottling everything up, but we just wouldn't have had all the times where she stumbled over what to call him and she still could've been wary about introducing him to the others because she wanted to keep her Team Arrow life and a "regular" life separate. Felicity still could've been awkward with Oliver/Susan at the party, just minus the double date comment, since Billy was really an afterthought in that entire exchange. But no, they had to make him her boyfriend so Oliver could date Susan for the Bratva storyline.

• Love 10

It would be awesome if this could be a result of everything that happened to Felicity since her shooting by DD last season but I don't think the writing on this show is up to that level of subtlety.  But I live in hope.

LOL that the pictures are Oliver/Felicity/Prometheus/Curtis.  Maybe they are hearing Felicity fans wanting more.

Promotheus' shape looks like it's a man.  Too stocky for Susan.

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't know about the show but I know a couple of sites that will.

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Plus her teaming up with someone else or going behind the team's back also implies that the team couldn't or wouldn't do what she wanted to do, hence more judging if she does what they refused to do.

Or maybe they are too busy going off finding Tina and then training her and jobless Felicity finds she has some free time on her hands to pursue her own vendetta.

• Love 5

Oh even if the writers are banging it over the audiences head that Felicity is reacting to bottled up Haventock issues Im already predicting the headlines that some of the we can't understand nuance and watch tv like toddlers do or at least our readership do sites will have (CBR and Comic.com looking at you!)

"How Arrow turned Felicity into the ultimate big bad" 

"How Arrow has been saved by treating Felicity like the Villan she always was"

"Will Laurel Lance come back from the dead to kill Felicity in the series finale!"

And I shall laugh at their inability to watch a show beyond superficially haha. 

But honestly that's part of the reason I think they are over stating Felicitys "Dark path" I think they are fairly protective of Felicity as a character and I don't think she is going to cross moral lines in the same way Doggle and Oliver have.

For one Brian Ford Sullivan sort of outlined that her darkness storyline is 5-10 to 5-12 which doesn't feel that involved. 

I think she's just going to do things that are uncharacteristic for her to do in pursuit of stopping Prometheus that cause alarm for Oliver and the Team. 

Brian made it sound like ultimately it all leads to Felicity having some kind of epiphany about her life.

• Love 11

There not incredibly thrilling but then are any promo photos ever? I wouldn't say they are any more or less thrilling then most the promo photos are IMO.

I am thankful that the CW/WB and media sites in tandem have finally caught on to unhappiness at the promotion of 5A and have made some adjustments first with Olicity in the promo then Olicity in the promo pics and then making Olicity the head line of the promotional articles.

But yeah this episode feels like it's just going to be very filler. So color me bored. 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

There not incredibly thrilling but then are any promo photos ever? I wouldn't say they are and more or less thrilling then most the promo photos are IMO.

I am thankful that the CW/WB and media sites in tandem have finally caught on to unhappiness at the promotion of 5A and have made some adjustments first with Olicity in the promo then Olicity in the promo pics and then making Olicity the head line of the promotional articles.

But yeah this episode feels like it's just going to be very filler. So color me bored. 

I don't need thrilling but I need to have a selection of pics, not just a close up of GA then a long shot of GA w/Pro behind him then a shot of Felicity followed by a shot of her in the same exact place this time GA decided to pop in frame real quick, a front shot of GA staring down Pro then a side shot of GA staring down Pro. 

7 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I don't need thrilling but I need to have a selection of pics, not just a close up of GA then a long shot of GA w/Pro behind him then a shot of Felicity followed by a shot of her in the same exact place this time GA decided to pop in frame real quick, a front shot of GA staring down Pro then a side shot of GA staring down Pro. 

Meh generally that's most promo photos though. 

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Probably, but where is the  fun is speculating about that person? im here for wild ass spec.

I don't think it's a woman now like earlier speculation which is sad cause that could have been a awesome twist. But it's a dude. 

I still like Earth 2 Oliver or flash point Oliver myself haha even though it'll never happen.

• Love 4
Just now, Chaser said:

I was really against it until I did my rewatch. CD was so good at the end. 

Yeah I think CDs work in the back half s1 is overshadowed by the memory of the Laurel drudgery. I loved Dead to Rights so much. I read a great spec on Tumblr that Tommy being Prometheus makes sense because he's the only character from s1 that has no true resolution with Oliver unlike Moira, Laurel, and Thea. Tommy might seek vengeance for Laurel's death etc. It was a really compelling argument. I'll try to find the link.

• Love 4
Just now, Chaser said:

I think I read that. It had a reference to Constantine's comment about restoring a soul and it going wonky right?

I don't remember the Constantine reference but that might just be my memory so I might have.

The description doesn't seem to validate or invalidate the Reddit spoilers but I'm glad that it seems that the episode is not Black Siren focused as the reddit spoilers suggested.

But using Prometheus related guilt is kinda weak reasoning for Oliver stupidity in believing Laurels alive but it's certainly a better explanation then just because. 

• Love 1

I think the description confirms that Felicity lets BS out and tracks her without Oliver's knowledge. Oliver is mad and they probably get into a fight about revenge v justice. 

Also that description makes it sound like Felicity and Diggle are busy with big important things, Oliver sitting around ignoring common sense and trying to make himself feel better.

I did like the OTA-ness of the description.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I did like the OTA-ness of the description.

Hopefully it's a sign the CW are catching on the complaints about 5A promotion.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 5

I am surprised that the description isn't full of BS/LL and she isn't all over the promo photos. I would have thought they would want the photographer on set when she was there since that was the cliffhanger.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I am surprised that the description isn't full of BS/LL and she isn't all over the promo photos. I would have thought they would want the photographer on set when she was there since that was the cliffhanger.

From what I've heard the photographer just rocks up and snaps whatever is filming on the day. 

• Love 2
Just now, Chaser said:

Same. I partially think it's them trying to avoid any major backlash that might come from the episode if they over-hype it, but part of me thinks that part of these are coincidences.

Although side-note and slightly off-topic, I wonder which scene in 510 is the major reshoot/re-tool scene that MG mentioned they did a while ago.

Side note and very off-topic, I'm still growing more interested in 514 even though I know next-to-nothing about it. Last sweeps episode, interesting title, and now filming at a random snowy location at "night," idk it's probably because it's only the aesthetic stuff and none of the plot stuff hinted yet but I'm always curious when I don't know what's going to happen (good or bad).

I love the idea of Tommy as Prometheus. But they couldn't even get CD back for a quick cameo in the 100th episode, so I don't know how they could get him back to shoot a full episode, let alone a couple episodes. In any event, just for kicks (and however unlikely), I think I'm sticking with my Star Trek theory that Prometheus is Justin Claybourne's son, Billy Claybourne - a/k/a the 'deceased' Billy Malone - with clues to be revealed in 513 (Spectre of the Gun).*  ;)

(* Just a coincidence that, at the start of filming 513 on Nov. 29, Tyler Ritter tweeted a pic of Detective Billy Malone's Star City Police Department business card?)

On another note, I seem to recall that the EPs really wanted to bring back Helena Bertinelli AKA Huntress this season. So I'm wondering if their original S5 plan was not to introduce a New BC or bring back KC as Laurel, but instead to bring back Helena and do a big redemption arc/romance?/new team member storyline with her and Oliver. But TPTB looked at the backlash over killing off Laurel/BC and the then success of the GA Rebirth comics which included BC. So now instead, they've split up that original plan between Black Siren and Tina.  I have no evidence to support this - just thinking out loud.

-- On the Huntress' possible return, WM: "It’s funny you should mention Helena. We are big fans of Helena in the room. Jessica de Gouw is amazing. We had talked about it earlier this season; it didn’t happen, not for any reason of actor availability; we realized quickly it was not the right story. But because we are answering to a lot of Season 1 storylines, we’d [like to] bring her back and see her again. We’re fans." (Aug. 12, 2016 GreenArrowTV article, page 42 of Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The biggest problem I have with Claybourne is it holds no value. The more they delay the unveiling the more anticipation they build. If we can't recognize the person then I don't think the big reveal will work. I would also find it super random if this Claybourne person can find and be taken in by the LOA. Tommy was told about them by his father.

It may not have worked to get CD for the 100th but that doesn't mean they couldn't make it for the finale.

I really hope it isn't some random person. That would be so disappointing.

• Love 6